PDA

View Full Version : EX Team Rocket Returns Pre-release Redmond, WA Nov 7, 2004

Pokeplayer
10/04/2004, 09:05 PM
The Seattle/Tacoma area players will have another their chance to experience the new set...

Below are the details...

Genesis Games & Gizmos
8912 161 Ave NE
Redmond , WA 98052
Store Phone: 425 497 9579
Sunday Nov 7, 2004
Cost: $20
Players receive 6 booster packs and a PROMO card !!!!!
Registration starts at 11:00 a.m.

For directions go to www.genesisgamesandgizmos.com
Store is next to Bella Bottega Movie Theater in Redmond

What is the Tournament Structure?

The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. Players will build a 40 card deck from their booster packs. Players may not trade cards to build their decks. Rounds will be a single game with a 30 minute time limit. Deck lists will be used.

What are the Prizes?

After the tournament all players will receive 4 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and two Series 1 Booster packs.

The top 4 players in each of the three age divisions (10 & under, 11 to 14, 15 & over) get the following additional prizes:

1st Place - 12 Pokémon Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
2nd Place - 8 Pokémon Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
3rd Place - 6 Pokémon Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
4th Place - 4 Pokémon Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

THEME DECK CHALLENGE FOR YOUNGER/NEW PLAYERS

In addition to the standard prerelease tournament format, a more casual event called the Theme Deck Challenge will be offered for new or younger players. For the Theme Deck Challenge, registration cost is $20, but players receive a Theme Deck of their choice to play in the event and 3 booster pack. The top 50% of the participants will receive an additional booster pack at the end of the event. The theme deck challenge is especially designed for new or younger players to play Pokemon TCG in a non competative environment. This event will be run at the same time as the Pre release tournament and will be offered first to younter players, new players and their parents. After these players are registered, others may play.

The Theme Deck challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age Modified Swiss. This theme deck challenge is not a sanctioned tournament and players do NOT receive rating points for participation in the Theme Deck Challenge.

DOOR PRIZES will be given away!!!!!!!!!!!

SIDE EVENT

Booster Draft Old and New Rocket Cards!!!!

This event will be run after the main Pre release. Cost is $15. Players receive at 4 EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs and 2 Team Rocket booster packs. Yes we are combining the old and the new..This is a new twist for side events but it should be fun.....

Players will build a deck using the booster draft format. Players sit in pods. Players open a booster pack, take a card and pass the remaining cards to the left or right. This continues until all boosters are opened and cards taken. Player use these cards to build a 40 card deck. Basic energy will be provided for this event. Sturcture will be Age modified swiss with the number of rounds depending on the number of players. Prizes will be EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs.

Hope to see you all there............

Any questions, respond to this post.....or PM me... :pokeball: :D :cool:

Peachyoto
10/04/2004, 11:33 PM
I will probably be able to make it to this. The one in Lakewood is quite abit far for me. Glad to hear that there are 2 pre-releases though. :)

Thomas33
10/05/2004, 01:58 AM
The prizes are weak, but ok

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
10/05/2004, 04:47 PM
Umm.Dude you lice in Europe trust me this isn't in your area.Peachyoto 3?!I only know of 2.Could you tell me the third?

Peachyoto
10/05/2004, 05:27 PM
Umm.Dude you lice in Europe trust me this isn't in your area.Peachyoto 3?!I only know of 2.Could you tell me the third? Whoops, sorry I meant 2. (fixed my post ;) )

Pidgeotto Trainer
10/05/2004, 06:19 PM
This is good since I know I can't make that Saturday one.

Pokeplayer
10/09/2004, 11:38 PM
HOpe to see you Pidgeotto Trainer...

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
10/09/2004, 11:39 PM
I'll try to make it to this one.I know I' most likely going to be coming tothe Saturday one then this one but hope to be there.

Pokeplayer
10/14/2004, 03:23 PM
Ok Jeremy Hope you can attend both!!!!!!

Articjedi
10/15/2004, 04:17 PM
I'll be there, Levi and I are judging again though.

Pokeplayer
10/18/2004, 11:34 AM
To be clear about this Pre release..

I will be having Professor Dave and Professor Niki running this pre release for me...
Professor Levi and Professor Chin are judging the Nov 6 Pre release date..

Contact Pro Dave and Pro Niki in regards to this event....for support... :D :D

Pokeplayer
10/26/2004, 03:53 PM
Got my Kit in the mail today

Articjedi
11/01/2004, 01:47 PM
lol, posted in wrong topic, oh well. Anyway, I dunno if I can make it to this second one, the homework will start stacking up at around that time.

Kenshin's Garde
11/01/2004, 09:14 PM
I think we can make it to the booster draft, but not the main event because of a soccer game. Sorry! :(

Pokeplayer
11/04/2004, 10:49 AM
I hope to receive more promo cards in the mail soon...

We'll see...