PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay, WI CC 12/18!

Tormentedsoul14
11/03/2004, 02:13 PM
Just got word today that we are verbaly approved to have a CC here in Green Bay. Prize Support will be the standerd stuff I can try to work it out with the owner to try and get a box for first. The place will be held at

Gnome Games Tournament Center Click Here for directions (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd?ed=uuZs2v960SyCBAzvJWcWl8GRcWjqmE2xJ3uBwJr0WZad o_9qJX9feUfZtVnr4_gTtcVy3fBC&tname=&tcsz=Green+Bay%2C+WI+54304-4357&tcountry=US&tdesc=)
2160 S Ridge Rd
phone (920) 499-4263
Green Bay, WI 54303
Doors Open-9:00 AM
Tourney Starts-10:00 AM

Prize support

1st place: 18 Boosters
2nd place: 9 Boosters
3-4th place: 4 Boosters

Also working on getting a Side event too. Hope to see you there have any questions feel free to post or PM me.

~Tormented~

PokeWisconsin
11/07/2004, 06:33 PM
I'll keep this one in mind. It's a 2 hour drive...

HypnosProjectHQ
11/07/2004, 06:44 PM
It is one of my possible stops on the CC tour. :p

bullados
11/07/2004, 07:44 PM
I'm lookin hard at this one, just gotta make sure that I can get back from it (i.e. another driver with me...)

Tormentedsoul14
11/07/2004, 08:41 PM
Ok. Not sure about extra prize support but we can have like 2 side events if you people wanted to. Any suggestions on side events the majority wins.

bullados
11/08/2004, 06:42 AM
I always like to see one Constructed and one Limited tourney at the events that I go to. Don't really care what Limited you run, just Limited.

HypnosProjectHQ
11/08/2004, 06:52 AM
I don't think a side event is necessary. If you wanna run something though, and I am able to stick around, if it is Limited I may end up helping judge if that is ok with you. If it is Modified or Unlimited and still cheap or free, count me in.

Tormentedsoul14
12/11/2004, 11:47 AM
Ok heres an update on the side events.

Toys for Tots tourney-$10 or a gift valued at $10 or more.
Unlimited
first place will be a set of Worlds Decks

That is the only confirmed one Will get more Hopefully.

~Tormented~

menoknow
12/11/2004, 01:10 PM
My chances of making it have increased.

I already got enough points in one of my classes for an A so am exempt from the exam. If I get a 34/40 or better on my speech in my Public Relations class I'll have an A and not need the final which would otherwise be on Monday the 20th. Then, I could take my Individual and Society exam on Thursday or Friday instead of Monday the 20th and my ECON exam on Friday. Then I could be done with the semester and go home friday night.

Green Bay beware...
J-Wizzle may be there!

Tormentedsoul14
12/11/2004, 01:53 PM
My chances of making it have increased.

I already got enough points in one of my classes for an A so am exempt from the exam. If I get a 34/40 or better on my speech in my Public Relations class I'll have an A and not need the final which would otherwise be on Monday the 20th. Then, I could take my Individual and Society exam on Thursday or Friday instead of Monday the 20th and my ECON exam on Friday. Then I could be done with the semester and go home friday night.

Green Bay beware...
J-Wizzle may be there!

Alright! We need as many people as possible.

~Tormented~

AXE
12/11/2004, 03:24 PM
Team Chi-town will be showing up.

bullados
12/11/2004, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately, I can't make it. Swim team practice. I'm especially ticked b/c I'll be up there the NEXT ******* DAY!!! oh well, can't be helped, I guess...

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
12/11/2004, 09:31 PM
I would like to go, but I am short one vehicle.......lol......plus i have a hard time drive that far as it is....lol....finals aren't helping much too, i'll be drained by the weekend....lol....

See ya

HypnosProjectHQ
12/12/2004, 05:57 AM
If anyone from Whitewater or Brookfield is going that I could get a lift there and back from, my parent's already OKed it. That is one giant leap I was able to get over. About getting home, I need to ask that you'll take I-94 to Pewaukee because I have obligations there (cousin's B-day party), and the next day the Baumbach's or Miller's would pick me up from there and we'd go up to Manitowoc. All I need is someone willing to do the first thing, and I can make it. Anyone?

menoknow
12/12/2004, 02:08 PM
If I make it to the CC I'd be going home friday night and the back seat and trunk will probably be full of stuff. So I can't help ya.

If anyone from Whitewater or Brookfield is going that I could get a lift there and back from, my parent's already OKed it. That is one giant leap I was able to get over. About getting home, I need to ask that you'll take I-94 to Pewaukee because I have obligations there (cousin's B-day party), and the next day the Baumbach's or Miller's would pick me up from there and we'd go up to Manitowoc. All I need is someone willing to do the first thing, and I can make it. Anyone?

menoknow
01/01/2005, 06:49 PM
Very nice turnout for their first CC. Had a very big 10- turnout as well.

I think there was around 60 or so people.

There was 22 in 15+. I made the top 8 cut with a 4-2 record in swiss. I won in the first round of elim. My opponent got on my nerves though. I was running dark crobat with the poisoning poke power and that. Literally every turn I had to tell my opponent 'take your poison' 'he takes 30 not 20.' Basically every time I did damage it seemed he tried to put 10 less on that what he was supposed to. It was an easy win but that got on my nerves a bit, I'm sure he was doing it on purpose, he was old enough to know obviously being in 15+. Then in the semis I lost to a gardy/mewtwo ex deck. Lost to it in swiss too. Just couldn't do enough damage to take out the mewtwo before getting all the damage transfered to me. I almost pulled one of the best of 3 against it out of my butt but came up 1 heads short with my Gloom. I had paralyzed a few turns in a row but then my luck ran out.

I enjoyed the tourney and look forward to attending more premeir events there in the future.