PDA

View Full Version : 11/20/2004 * The Woodlands TX * City Championship

Team Cook
11/09/2004, 08:44 PM
:pokeball:

The Woodlands (Texas) is the first City Championship stop for Master Professor Birch's Magical Pokemon Tour. This will be the very first-ever City Championships for The Woodlands, and after a record-breaking attendance at the EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease, we have some big plans and big expectations for this one!

Saturday, November 20th, 2004

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
24888 I-45 North
The Woodlands, TX 77386
281-681-8088

10:00 AM

Everyone gets something!

For the Top 4 in every age group
(10 & Under, 11 to 14, 15 & Up):

1st place -- Medal, 18 packs, Winner's Package!
2nd place -- 9 packs
3rd place -- 4 packs
4th place -- 4 packs

For EVERYONE -- Series One POP Booster, City Championship Promo Card

MORE FOR EVERYONE -- Pokemon figures!!!

As a special prize, each player will get to pull a :pokeball: from our :pokeball: Cannister. Each :pokeball: will contain ONE, TWO or THREE Pokemon figure(s). You get to keep the figure(s) as a souvenir!! :)

We'll also have a GameBoy (GBA) tournament....

And maybe a side event....

Stay tuned for more info!!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
972-442-5545
retnuhd1999@yahoo.com

:pokeball: Mike Cook :pokeball:
281-362-8781
WoodlandsPokemon@aol.com
MikeAndMia@aol.com

Cyrus
11/09/2004, 09:18 PM
Awww, I so wish I could be there.

GL with the tourney! =)

~Blazi-King~
11/13/2004, 10:12 PM
We will be making the IH-45 trip and staying at the hotel that night so we can go to Katy on sunday.....Im so Giddy i cant wait lol.....GL to all

ShinAkuma
11/13/2004, 10:28 PM
i was planning on going . but a $300 ticket has come up for driving with no insurance so no can do .... :mad: im thinking about giving up on the game for awhile . not sure yet . if anyone is generous enough to give me a ride i would love to go otherwise probably not . see ya later bye . :D :pokeball:

Team Cook
11/14/2004, 05:56 AM
Alright ShinAkuma, you missed our record-breaking pre-release and now no Championship? Same with you Patriarch. We'll let it slide, this time. Paying a $300.00 ticket or playing Pokemon? Tough choice. What's your excuse Patriarch? Just kidding guys. Hopefully we'll see ya soon at the Plano and Richardson events. Have a great week.

Cyrus
11/14/2004, 06:52 AM
My excuse is that my license doesn't guarantee me a 4-hour drive to The Woodlands in other person's car x_x

Oh well, good luck, all. Hope you Cooks can come up to one of North Texas' three CC's! =)

Team Cook
11/14/2004, 07:58 AM
As long as MPB continues to run the tournaments, we're there, lol. We have family in the Dallas area so it makes it easy for us.

ShinAkuma
11/14/2004, 10:07 AM
i might go to the Y2K CC if birch will give me a ride . i will be home in dallas then . :) :D :pokeball:

Team Cook
11/15/2004, 11:01 AM
Countdown To The City Championship. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, 5 More Days. Get Ready To Rummmmmmmmmmmble. Get Your Game Face On. Be The Pokemon Cards. Be One With The Pokemon Cards. You Are The Pokemon Cards. Paint Your Face. Get Fired Up. Take No Prisoners. See Ya On Saturday. Bring Donuts.

~~ Mike

Cyrus
11/15/2004, 01:27 PM
Hmmmm, I shuffle the deck of poker cards, and this is what I flip to predict some friends' fates:

JACKS:
-Clay (of Hearts): I flip a 3 of hearts, guaranteeing him third place
-Taylor (of diamonds): Mmm, he got the 7 of hearts, so it's uncertain, but since the color stays the same, there's a 75% chance of him making 7th.
-Gilby (of clubs) : I flipped an Ace of Diamonds, so he's got a 50% chance of winning, a 10% chance of losing to Soles/Taylor, and a 40% chance of making 2nd.
-Soles (of spades): He got 8 of clubs. 75% chance of making 8th

If anybody else wants a tarot prediction of who wins, don't hesitate to AIM me. See how bored you get when you can't attend these tournaments yourself? =P

beatlerat
11/15/2004, 02:13 PM
Sunday, November 20th, 2004

Is It Sunday, or is it November 20?

Master Professor Birch
11/15/2004, 02:17 PM

~beatlerat~

It is on Saturday, November 20, 2004.

MP Birch

Team Cook
11/15/2004, 02:28 PM

~beatlerat~

It is on Saturday, November 20, 2004.

MP Birch

Ooooppppssss... Sorry guys. Mea culpa!

I've changed the first post to reflect the correct info.

Master Professor Birch
11/16/2004, 09:24 AM
:D :D ~~Here's The Details For The Woodlands~City Championships"~~ :D :D

"The Woodlands~City Championships"

24888 IH-45 N
The Woodlands, Texas 77386

Contacts: Mike Cook
Phone: (281) 362-8781

MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Date: November 20, 2004

Time: 10:00am (Registration Begins or Pre-register with "Big DJ Mike")

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Format: Modified Constructed Deck

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Up)

1st Place: 18-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs / A City Championship Medal / Prize kit Containing Cool Pokemon Merchanise

2nd Place: 9-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

3rd-4th Place: 4-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

All Participants: Pokemon TCG City Championship Promo Card & a POP Series-1 Promo Pack (While Supplies Last)

"GBA~City Championship of The Woodlands"

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Tournament Start Time: 9:00-9:15am

Prizes:
1st Place: Trophy
2nd & lower: Various Other Prizes

"Sealed Deck/Theme Deck Tournament-Side Event"

Start Time: As Soon As The City Championships Are Finished

Entry Fee: $15.00 (Players will receive a Theme Deck and 3-Booster Packs to make a 40-card deck. Basic Energy will be provided.)

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss (# of Rounds To Be Determined By Attendance)

Prizes: 2-Booster Packs per Player will Go Into the Prize Pool)

There will be plenty of time for trading, playing, and having all kinds of Pokemon fun. We hope to see everyone at this event!!! Master Professor Birch will be signing "Professor Birch" cards at this event, also. Don't miss out!!! :nonono:

Take care and good luck to all of the Pokemon players. I will see you on Saturday for "The Woodlands~City Championships". :clap:

Team Cook
11/16/2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks Master Professor Birch -- for the update above!!

Yep...

There's a TROPHY for the GameBoy Championship (starts at about 9 AM)...

And it's FREE, too!

:)

~Blazi-King~
11/16/2004, 09:39 PM
Ok Me and George are goin to sign up for the GBA and we may get there right around that time soooo

Team Cook
11/17/2004, 09:42 AM
The Pokemon figures have arrived! Such a variety!

Remember, everyone who participates will get to grab a Pokeball out of the Pokeball Cannister. That Pokeball will contain one, two or three Pokemon figures for you to keep!

:)

homeofmew
11/18/2004, 06:23 AM
I am going to be in the woodlands everyone, this is my first time up there, I am getting a ride from Jimmy :)
The figurines sound cool, I love figures/plushies ^_^! Trophy for the gameboy tourny
I should start playing the gameboy now!

Master Professor Birch
11/18/2004, 08:47 AM
~~Attention...Everyone~~

The Promo Cards for the City Championships are very limited for each City Championship event. They will be given out after the City Championship Tournament has finished with the "Swiss Rounds". Players must finish the swiss rounds of play in order to receive their promo card. The first 50-players that are pre-registered with Mike Cook will receive the promo card at The Woodlands City Championship. (Call Mike about pre-registering)

PLEASE NOTE: At the "Katy City Championship", if you received a promo card at "The Woodlands CC", your name will be dropped down the list on a first come first serve basis until all of the other players have received their first promo card.

This is the only fair way that I know that players in these citys will receive at least one Promo Card per player. Good luck to all of the players. I hope to see you at these City Championships.

Master Professor Birch

Team Cook
11/19/2004, 07:52 AM
I've got the kids fired up here in The Woodlands. We're ready to go. Let's make it a GREAT City Championship. See y'all tomorrow. For those of you coming in from out of town, be careful and have a safe trip.

Master Professor Birch
11/19/2004, 08:00 AM
~~~MP Birch's Magical Pokemon Tour Has Begun~~~

It is close to 10:00am, Friday morning. Master Professor Birch is loading his Magical Pokemon Tour Van with all of the goodies!!! He will be getting XeroGravity and Lumpy up and out of bed, asap!!! Kisses Mrs. Birch, goodbye. We are off on a ten stop Magical Pokemon Tour. That's right, ten City Champiionships and he's working on one more for those Oklahoma Pokemon players. (No promises) :(

I will be in The Woodlands on Saturday morning. Sunday morning MP Birch will be in Katy, for their City Championship. I hope to see everyone this Saturday and Sunday for these special City Championship events. These will be the first City Championships for these two cities. Come on out and support and defend your city's honor. I will be at the "Holiday Inn Express" early tomorrow morning. :eek:

MP Birch will have Pre-release T-shirts, Booster Boxes, Booster Packs, Theme decks, and Single Cards to sell on Saturday.

Until then, take care. Thoses that are driving from out of town, please drive carefully. :)

Team Cook
11/19/2004, 07:31 PM
Okay, we're ready, Master Professor Birch!!!

We've got the welcome wagon out for ya!

See you in the morning! :)

homeofmew
11/20/2004, 07:55 PM
I had a lot of fun in the woodlands
I met a whole bunch of new people... There was a thing after the tourny
about "who is homeofmew" I felt surprized someone was asking around
who I am, then I finally spoke up overhearing them asking Xeno (Phillip) I think..
I got 3 wins and 2 losses if someone can tell me my number ranking it would be appriciated.

Professor Elm
11/20/2004, 08:10 PM
Does anybody know which decks won.

Cyrus
11/20/2004, 09:44 PM
Elm is right. WHERE THE HECK IS MY DETAILED EXPLANATION OF WHO WON? -_____-

I wanna know =(

PokeMasterFlabface
11/20/2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing who won this one, with lots of people at the PreRelease...I'm sure this CC had lots of people playing there. :)

Team Cook
11/20/2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing who won this one, with lots of people at the PreRelease...I'm sure this CC had lots of people playing there. :)

Yeah, we had a blast. We had about 70 people there..

It's past midnight, and we have to get up early in the morning for the next CC, so we'll post more info on this later......

Thanks to everyone who made it a great success!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Xeno
11/20/2004, 10:58 PM
Even with us getting yelled at to keep the little kids from running around and starving halfway to death, I think that it was a pretty good day. Bleh, if only I got my deck to run right. I brought three people in 15+ in the car with me, one of which, Brian (AKA Pokemaster1110), made top 4! We sorta got lost on the way back but what's life without a little adventuring? Great tournament, sorry I messed up in the beginning, Birch.

Professor Elm
11/21/2004, 07:27 AM
Does anybody know what the metagame and decks were like in Texas

Cyrus
11/21/2004, 09:40 AM
Even with us getting yelled at to keep the little kids from running around and starving halfway to death, I think that it was a pretty good day. Bleh, if only I got my deck to run right.

Rule #1: there is NO such thing as starving while in a Pokemon tournament! You lose all other senses other than sight and hearing whilst in a Pokemon game! >_<

Cyrus
11/21/2004, 12:09 PM
Okay, I got word from Ryan Soles:

15+:

1st: Brian Tonnan (Stoise/Quagsire/TA Walrein)
2nd: Dana Lynch (Blazimence)
3rd: Brian Stevenson (???)
4th: ??? (???)

11-14/10-: no info as of yet

Team Cook
11/21/2004, 06:18 PM
Team Cook Dad here.....

You weren't getting yelled at about the kids. We made a couple of announcements requesting that the kids stay inside our room, rather than running up and down the hallway. There was a business conference going on down the hall. We merely trying to keep the noise level down as a courtesy to the hotel and their other guests. This should not even be an issue -- especially for you guys with no kids.

Now, about the other thing....

We decided not to break in the middle of Swiss rounds. At our events, we have a lot of families and some parents appreciate being able to leave after the Swiss rounds to avoid a lengthy day of Pokemon for the younger kids.

Our swiss rounds ended by 3:20 - 3:30 -- a lot earlier than the other area CC's -- even though we had lots of door prizes to give out.... even though we had more people....

We ended up with 68 players -- great turnout for a CC, if you ask me. Keep in mind, this was our first time to run a CC (and our first Prerelease had 83 players). I'm very pleased with our results. My wife and I worked very hard to get these tournaments off the ground. Our main goal was to make sure everyone left The Woodlands a happy camper. I think we succeeded (except for some Houston people who apparently nearly starved to death). LOL

Also, we've received nothing but compliments regarding our events... People around here appreciate what we do.... It seems we've created quite a buzz in our community. We're the talk of the town... We got 2 full-feature newspaper articles written about us... It's all good.

Perhaps, we are just catering to a different group. The Houston locations attract the 15+ players (mostly teenagers or young adults). We go for the under 15 kids and their parents. We will always strive to make it fun for everyone. Both young and old enjoyed our door prizes, and side contests, and Pokeball grab for Pokemon figures, and of course, the tourney. If we decide to do this again, next time, there will be even more. Things will only get bigger and better for us. I guarantee it.

Xeno, you're always welcome at our events, but you should eat before you get here.

homeofmew
11/21/2004, 06:56 PM
Starving Houston People Indeed.
I think Brian was the hungyist, I was given gold fish and
pretzles/cheese. so i got to eat a little. Seth was hungry too.

Team Cook
11/21/2004, 07:22 PM
Homeofmew, I'll make you a deal. Keep coming to The Woodlands with the gang and I'll have some bags of Goldfish for y'all. Thanks for coming out. See ya in Sugarland and have a happy Thanksgiving.

~Blazi-King~
11/22/2004, 08:12 PM
Getting 9th in the 15+ wasnt too bad with my decklist not totally complete and read.....I lost the 8th seed by 3% points to nancy.....great job you guys ( Lynch's and Cooks and Birch)....I had a blast

Pros:
Seein the Lynch's again.
Playin a rougue deck and gettin 9th
The Cooks and Birch runnin a very well organized and fast tourney
The Door Prizes =)
And of course the Awseome Pokemon Trophy =)

Cons;
What ar Cons hahaha

Current GBA record this season: 12-0

Team Cook
11/23/2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words Blazi-King. It was great visiting with you and your brother. Team Cook Mom and sons will make it to Sugarland but I have a wedding to take care of. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck in the tournaments.... and Congratulations for winning the GameBoy Tourney!!!!

~Blazi-King~
11/23/2004, 11:11 AM
Anytime Mike.......Thank You Had a Blast in the GBA....We'll see Mrs. Cook and the Sons there if we are able to go and have a Fun Sat. ok...

TTYL
~Clay~