PDA

View Full Version : Moore, OK City Championship

old man
11/14/2004, 12:22 AM
I see that Master Professor Birch hasn't had a chance to announce anything about this so I will.

This will be held at 4th Street Boutique located at 914 SW 4th Street in Moore, Oklahoma.
Date of the event is December 4th & registration starts at 10 am.
Phone number is 405-799-3226.
Deck lists & deck checks will be used so get there at 10 to start filling out your deck list.
The tournament will start around 11 am with the swiss rounds. After the appropriate # of rounds we'll go to single elimination for the top places.
Payout is just like any other City Championship & with a few surprises.
There will be 3 age groups. If we have attendance like expected the 15+ age group will likely only play among other 15+ players, while the other players will be combined.

Of course like all CC's, this event is free.

Stay tuned for more info!

~Blazi-King~
11/14/2004, 06:48 AM
Sweet... We may be coming up to this one since we can spen the night and go to plano on the 5th....finally a event thats a day after my birthday...Sweeeeeeeeet =)

old man
11/15/2004, 06:23 AM
Would be a good day after birthday present, no?
This also happens to fall on my Mother's birthday, & the other currently scheduled CC in this area on my son's birthday. Coincidence. Absolutely!

Master Professor Birch
11/16/2004, 09:59 AM
:clap: :clap: ~~Moore~City Championships-Details~~ :clap: :clap:

The "City Championships" are here!!! Master Professor Birch will not be able to take his "Magical Pokemon Tour" to Moore for your City Championships. (He will be in San Antonio, Texas.) But, the "old man", Roy Roberson and Randy Hooks will be judging and running this event for all of the Pokemon players that will be attending. Let's get those winning decks together and defend your city. Below are the details for your City Championships:

"Moore~City Championships"

914 SW 4th Street
Moore, Oklahoma 73160

Contacts: 4th Street Boutique
Phone: (405) 799-3226

MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Date: December 4, 2004

Time: 10:00am (Registration Starts or Pre-register at "4th Street Boutique")

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Format: Modified Constructed Deck

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Up)

1st Place: 18-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs / A City Championship Medal / Prize kit Containing Cool Pokemon Merchanise

2nd Place: 9-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

3rd-4th Place: 4-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

All Participants: Pokemon TCG City Championship Promo Card & a POP Series-1 Promo Pack (While Supplies Last- :mad: )

There will be plenty of time for trading, playing, and having all kinds of Pokemon fun. We hope to see everyone at this event!!! Don't miss out!!! :nonono:

Take care and good luck to all of the Pokemon players. We hope to see you on Saturday, December 4, 2004 for "Moore~City Championships". :clap:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

old man
11/29/2004, 06:46 AM
If there is any interest, then after the main event we can have another modified tournament.
Entry fee for that would be the usual $3, with payout dependent upon the number of participants.

Master Professor Birch
11/30/2004, 09:15 AM
~~Come On Pokemon Players...Get Excited!!!~~

I do not see one post from an "Oklahoma Pokemon Player" on this thread. Come on guys, this is your first City Championship in the State of Oklahoma!!! I want to know who is coming??? I want to see some names from the MAJOR PLAYERS that are coming to take this title of "Moore City Champion" home with them!!! I want to see who is coming to this event.

Master Professor Birch wants the "Lovely Ladys of Oklahoma" to be crowned in every age group!!! I have seen the tournament results from the last few times that I have been up to your great state. And I have seen these ladys in the top of the age groups. Ladys stand up...and take your places in the Pokemon Kingdom!!!

Every lady that becomes a "City Champion" in the State of Oklahoma, MP Birch will buy you lunch the next time that I am in Oklahoma running a "Premier Event". PERIOD!!!

Ok, MP Birch has put out the challenge to you, ladys. Now take me up on it and make MP Birch pay!!!

I hope that everyone that will be attending the "Moore City Championship" has a great time. Enjoy and have a great time playing Pokemon. Its FREE!!! I know that Roy "old man" Roberson and Randy Hooks will take good care of you at this event. Good luck to all of the Pokemon players.

Master Professor Birch

PS: I am thinking that "old man" will have some exciting news for the Pokemon players of Oklahoma that he will announce on Saturday.

Team Cook
11/30/2004, 03:52 PM
Soooooo, if I dress up as a woman and win my age group??????????????????????????? Can I then change and have you take me to Hooters????????? How would Team Cook Mom feel about this?????

Master Professor Birch
11/30/2004, 04:02 PM
Soooooo, if I dress up as a woman and win my age group??????????????????????????? Can I then change and have you take me to Hooters????????? How would Team Cook Mom feel about this?????

~Team Cook Dad~

Veeeeery Envious!!!!

MP Birch

Whicker
11/30/2004, 05:41 PM
I am the first Oklahoman to post here!!
YAY

Moore City Championship shall belong to me!!!!!!!
remember this name, as you'll need it throughout this year- Jordan Dupuis
hehehehehehe

anyway, too bad you can't be there Birch

old man
12/02/2004, 06:18 AM
Since a fair young maiden hasn't won any of these in OKLA YET!!!!!
I'll add something to their quest as well. T'will be a surprise though!
Also if a young maiden wins that normally doesn't play at Moore there will be something even more special.

P.S. - Brad, Kevin & Devin, I do NOT want to see you dressed up like a lady.
Seeing Kevin & Devin dressed as they were on Halloween was more than enough!

mewsmom
12/02/2004, 06:50 AM
Since a fair young maiden hasn't won any of these in OKLA YET!!!!!
I'll add something to their quest as well. T'will be a surprise though!
Also if a young maiden wins that normally doesn't play at Moore there will be something even more special.

P.S. - Brad, Kevin & Devin, I do NOT want to see you dressed up like a lady.
Seeing Kevin & Devin dressed as they were on Halloween was more than enough!

LOL I could just see them doing that. LOL

My young lady would love to take another Oklahoma title but seems we just a bit too far away this time. May need to do something to defend her State title though. We'll see

Whicker
12/02/2004, 04:57 PM
LOL I could just see them doing that. LOL

My young lady would love to take another Oklahoma title but seems we just a bit too far away this time. May need to do something to defend her State title though. We'll see

you guys NEED to come to Oklahoma for some form Oklahoma CC

I also REALLY REALLY want Devin and Kevin to dress up as girls

Master Professor Birch
12/02/2004, 06:37 PM
I also REALLY REALLY want Devin and Kevin to dress up as girls

You guys are a sick bunch of Pokemon players.

MP Birch

PS: Can you tell them apart if they dress up as girls???

Cyrus
12/02/2004, 08:48 PM
Lol, of course you could, birch. Kevin would wear a white dress, and Devin would wear a red one

old man
12/03/2004, 07:07 AM
Lest anyone get the wrong idea here, Kevin & Devin were not dressed up as ladies. Let's say one was like a Julius Caeser & the other one more like Tonto.

Quite a site too!

Master Professor Birch
12/03/2004, 08:37 AM
~~MP Birch Is On The Road...Again~~

Just to let eneryone know Master Professor Birch will be on the road again at 3:30pm heading to "The Alamo City". I will not be able to answer questions, etc after then. Any one that has questions, please post here and "old man" will be glad to response to you by tommorow morning. Or contact Randy Hooks or an employee at "4th Street Boutique" tonight. Good luck to all of the Pokemon players tomorrow at the "Moore~City Championships". ;)

Take care and MP Birch will be back in Oklahoma on December 18th at the "Del City~City Championships" at "Drake's Place". I can't wait to see ya'll again. :)

PS: Those of you that will be driving to Plano, Texas on Sunday for its CC, please drive carefully and I will see you there.

old man
12/05/2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks to everyone that attended & a very special thanks to Master Professor Birch for doing this for us.

Myself & the cubone lover himself, Randy Hooks, aka cubone on here, were the judges for the event.
When I arrived just before 10, there were already several people there & after attending events like this they knew what to do. Start filling out deck lists. While everyone was busy with that, cubone also checked decks while I entered info into the computer. Everything going smoothly. We even had 6 brand new POP players with some just learning how to play. Anyway after all the deck checks are done & things handed out it was about 11.
There were 2 players that came down from Bartlesville, Oklahoma who, having played before didn't realize it was a modified event. One of them, Kori borrowed a Swampert/EX, Pidgeot deck & Skyler borrowed my Poliwrath/Togetic deck. After 1 of our other professors, Brian Dejournett briefly explained the decks to them there were set to go.

We had 4 players who wanted to play in the GBA tournament so we did that before the main event.
Congratulations to Nicole N. for winning that event. She was not done showing her stuff yet though.

Now it's time for the main event & after all the announcements it's about 11:45.
There were 4 in the 10 & under age group. 13 in the 11-14, & 22 in 15+, for a total of 39 players.
After the 3rd round we took a short lunch break then started up again.
After 3 more rounds it was time for the top cut.
(Oh yeah, have you ever seen a 1st turn of the game Pidgeot & Dark Tyranitar? It's not a pretty sight.)

I had announced that in 10 & under the top 2 would advance & that was Skyler W. & Nikki K. with Blaziken/Rayquaza/Delcatty.
In 11-14 the top 4 advanced & that was Chris M.'s Swampert/Ex against Emily C.'s Dark Deck.
Also Taylor D.'s Gardevoir/EX,Exxegutor deck against Tyler M.'s Dark Dragonite/Rocket Sneasel EX/Dark Electrode deck.
In the 15+ group it was Brad A.'s Blaziken/EX,Pidgeot,Rayquaza deck against Devin J.'s Monarchy.
Also Matt F.'s Dark Dragonite/Dark Electrode/Rocket's Sneasel Ex deck against Brian D.'s Blaziken/EX, Pidgeot, Rayquaza deck.
Also Roy R. Jr.'s Dark Tyranitar/Pidgeot deck against Kevin J.'s Dark Dragonite/Pidgeot deck.
And Jordan D.s' Blaziken/Ex, Rayquaza, Pidgeot, Furret deck against Nicole N.'s Gardevoir/Ex, Exeggutor deck.
This playoffs were also best 2 out of 3 with a 1 hour time limit.

The winners of the first single elimination play were -
Skyler W. who took 1st place in the -10.
Chris M & Tyler M advanced in 11-14.
Brad A, Brian D., Roy R. Jr, & Jordan D. advanced in the 15+.

Second go round in the 15+ was Brad against Brian & Roy Jr against Jordan.
In the 11-14 Tyler M. won his age division.
In the 15+ the 2 winners were Brad & Jordan.

In the finals of the 15 + was Brad winning his age division.

Thanks again to everyone who participated & don't for go to join us on Dec. 18th at Drakes Place and on Jan. 15th at Game HQ.

SteveP
12/05/2004, 03:23 PM
Good turn out. I wish we could get that many 15+ here in CO.

PokeMontoya
12/05/2004, 03:44 PM
Dang Whick You almost had it Great Job though

Whicker
12/05/2004, 06:38 PM
Dang Whick You almost had it Great Job though

yeah, it is ok though
I took Plano :D

Master Professor Birch
12/07/2004, 09:10 AM
~~Congratulations To The Winners~~

Master Professor Birch says, "Thank You" to all of the players that attended the "Moore City Championships". Thank you to "4th Street Boutique" for hosting this event for the players of Oklahoma. MP Birch will be in Oklahoma for the "Del City~City Championships" on December 18th at "Drake's Place". I hope to see you all there for your second C.C. in Oklahoma. :D

Congratulations to the Winners:

"10-under"......Skyler W.

"11-14".....Tyler M. (Oh Yea!!!)

"15-Over".....Brad A.

"GBA".....Nicole N.

Good luck to all of the Pokemon players in all of the future CCs that you plan to attend. :thumb:

TylerM
12/07/2004, 03:14 PM
Umm...Birch..I won 11-14..Not Chris...Just a clarification....

Master Professor Birch
12/07/2004, 04:15 PM
Umm...Birch..I won 11-14..Not Chris...Just a clarification....

Sorry, Tyler, the post has been changed!!!

MP Birch