PDA

View Full Version : Thousand Oaks, CA City Championship 01/22/05

Warbuzz
11/22/2004, 10:12 PM
Attention: Look at the top Post for the latest Updated Information.

Thousand Oaks City Championship

Knights of Anime

The Oaks Mall

222 West Hillcrest Drive

Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Store: (805) 777-0164

Mall Phone: (805) 495-4628

Organizer: (323) 868-7775 (Jerry)

Email: jdominguez10@excite.com

When: January 22nd 2005
Registration will start at 11am.
Tournament will start at 12:00 Noon.
Only the first 50 people to register will recieve a City Championship Promo!

Entry Fee:
Free!!!

Main Event Staff:
Tournament Organizer: Jerry Dominguez (Warbuzz)
Head Judge: Jesse Esquivel (Charizard Breeder)
Assistant Judge: Steven B. (Lookingforwailordex)

Main Event Tournament Structure:
The Main event will be held as an Modified Constructed Age-Modified Swiss Tournament.
Every participant will be placed into one of three age Catagories - 10 and Under , 11-14, and 15+
Number of Swiss Rounds will depend on attendance.
===There will be a cut to Top 8 Playoff in each age catagory!===

Main Event Prize Structure: (May add more later)
Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age category. Our age categories are: 10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG City Championship Promo Card and a POP Series One 2 card promo pack while supplies last, just for playing!

Top four finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
•18 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
•A City Champion Medal
•Prize kit containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
•9 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

3rd & 4th Place
•4 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

Directions:
From Los Angeles: Take the 101 Freeway North and exit at Lynn Road in Thousand Oaks. The Oaks is directly off the freeway on the right.

From Ventura: Take the 101 Freeway South and exit at Lynn Road in Thousand Oaks. Turn left at the stop light and The Oaks is approximately 1 block on the right.

Links:
The Oaks Mall Website - www.shoptheoaksmall.com (http://www.shoptheoaksmall.com/)
Map of the Mall - Coming Soon

Charizard_Breeder
11/23/2004, 02:47 AM
Alright super excited to HJ this event...my second, cant wait!!! Hope to see alot of familiar faces and new, all are welcome!!! Do your BEST and have FUN...come one, come all :)

Jess_E

Scizor
11/23/2004, 02:38 PM
Niiiice making the date not interfering with other CCS, this one isn't too far for me so i should be there. Also are we gonna do 2/3 for top 8?

Warbuzz
11/23/2004, 05:06 PM
I dont plan on doing 2/3. But i am doing a top 8 playoff, which many places are not doing.

Slowly I'll be inching my way back to the San Luis Obispo area, maybe next year we can host some thing in SLO and maybe Santa Maria.

Jay-C
11/23/2004, 05:21 PM
YEAH!!!!!! T8, now that's what I wanted to hear. You da man Jerry!

So Jess is going to be HJ........ok guys, for his initiation lets give him a hard time. j/k

Warbuzz
11/23/2004, 05:32 PM
I will try to have a top 8 in all of my City Championships but some might be tight timewize. Diamond Bar will definately have a Top 8. The store owner here at Knight of Anime is my friend so time is not an issue either.

As of now, they will all have a Top 8, but I'll let people know if it's not possible at certain locations as we finalize the details with the store owners.

WeileMom
11/23/2004, 06:15 PM
So Jess is going to be HJ........ok guys, for his initiation lets give him a hard time. j/k

Sorry...Jesse already got his feet wet in Temecula and did an awesome job! He'll be a pro by the time he hits Thousand Oaks...
---WeileMom

Megacham
11/26/2004, 05:57 PM
Slowly I'll be inching my way back to the San Luis Obispo area, maybe next year we can host some thing in SLO and maybe Santa Maria.

Please do come to the Central Coast and save my brother and I from Pokemon Purgatory.

Warbuzz
11/26/2004, 10:09 PM
I went to college at SLO so i kinda have a soft spot for the that city. I also first started playing the game there. Its like a second home to me.:)

Are there still any places to play left? I heard "Games People Play" closed down. Last time I was there, only "Captain Nemos" was left.

Megacham
11/27/2004, 12:08 AM
"Nemos" is still around but they now share their space with a used CD store which leaves no room for tables. Our league went house-to-house, but that fell apart a few months ago. There's a place in Arroyo Grande & Santa Maria, but niether even sell pokemon. There may be others but I haven't found them yet. :(

Warbuzz
11/27/2004, 02:25 AM
There was a place in Santa Maria with pretty good attendance a long time ago but i cant recall the name of the store, I will have to do some research to find it again. In the mean time, try to come to the Thousand Oaks City Championship. It's maybe 2 to 2:30hrs away

Megacham
11/27/2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah, My brother and I should make both Thousand Oaks and Bakersfield CCs. We'll see you there.

Warbuzz
01/13/2005, 12:49 AM
I have additional friends from San Luis Obispo who are planning to make the trip! Its good to see SLO making an apperance.

Scizor
01/13/2005, 11:48 AM
Who are these people from SLO? I might actually know them. I am pming you Megacham. This would be AMAZING if i actually found people.

Warbuzz
01/13/2005, 10:07 PM
Dustin, Joseph, Micheal, and Ryan. We used to play at "Games People Play" and "Captain Nemos". Dustin says he thinks he remembers you. I'm confirming if they are actually coming, they told me they were coming last month, but i need to double check.

The Chatsworth CC this sunday is also a good alternative for SLO people, its very close to Thousand Oaks. Look it up!

lookinforwailordex
01/16/2005, 04:45 PM
hey i can come this saturday

Charizard_Breeder
01/18/2005, 08:20 PM
so who else will come out and play??? Chad hope you can make it bro, it's been a while...catch ya all this weekend!!!

later

Jess_E

cool-dude32
01/18/2005, 08:48 PM
so who else will come out and play??? Chad hope you can make it bro, it's been a while...catch ya all this weekend!!!

later

Jess_E

Team la rock will be there with Team LA and Team Magma. We r goin to give u a hard time that day, just watch. (J/K) :biggrin:

Warbuzz
01/19/2005, 12:45 AM
Lookingforwaillordex has volunteered to be our assistant judge, incase we have a large turnout.

Thanks! :thumb:

Water Pokemon Master
01/19/2005, 08:24 PM
Meh, Porygon and I can't go because we can't get a ride. And I had a brand spakin' new deck ready...:(

Good luck to everyone and I hope someone deserving wins! (and that has not won one already to give other people a chance) :)

Oh yeah, EX Deoxys is right around the corner. Hope to see everyone at a pre-release. :D

Warbuzz
01/20/2005, 07:08 PM
WPM, if you and Porygon, get a ride to your grandma's (Montebello) i can take you for there if you want. Anyone else need a ride? Let me know!

I recieved the prize support on monday, so everrything is good to go!

Water Pokemon Master
01/20/2005, 10:45 PM
Meh, that's okay Jerry. I wasn't expecting to go because we couldn't find a ride, so I decided to let myself have an extra day to study for finals, since they are Wednesday and Thursday, so I changed my study schedule on Wednesday to include Saturday. I am not sure if Pory wants to still go, though.

Thank you for being so kind though. :)

Charizard_Breeder
01/21/2005, 02:45 AM
yo Jerry, looks like i'll be riding up with you if ok...i'll try and catch ya later on today, if not i'll call you!!! right on man...c'ya saturday!!!

Martin
01/21/2005, 12:05 PM
I need a ride too Jerry. Come to the San Diego CC to pick me up, and we can go together down to Thousand Oaks. =)

gnarlychar
01/22/2005, 11:07 PM
whew, that was a fun CC. I got top 8 with a record of 2-3 :eek: I actually met two people from the 'gym, Bulbasnore, and Jay-C. Kinda funny since I never met anyone on here before. The pizes stunk though, nothing for 5-8 place :frown: . but, oh well, there was an explination but I didn't understand it. Great job on making it work in that cramped place.

Megacham
01/22/2005, 11:40 PM
I guess SLO did represent since I won the 15+ group. My brother and I are goin' to Chatsworth for more.

Warbuzz
01/23/2005, 01:00 AM
Oh, that was you? I thought i recognized you but i didnt know from where.

Um....Chatsworth was last week....

Megacham
01/23/2005, 07:40 AM
Oh?! My bad

Charizard_Breeder
01/23/2005, 08:27 PM
Hey hey hey...just wanted to thank KNIGHTS OF ANIME for hosting this CC!!! way COOL and to Jerry for throwing this CC and me - hahaha - for HJ'ing this event!!! HAD A BLAST!!! I MUST SAY, HAVING SOME OF THE DBZ VOICE ACTORS THERE WHILE THE TOURNEY WAS GOING DOWN...WAS PRETTY COOL!!! I WAS LIKE WHAT?! AND HAVING PEOPLE COME UP TO "HUNG" - STILL!!! IS PRETTY CRAZY!!! TAKE CARE EVERYBODY AND HOPE TO SEE MOST OF YOU AT "STATES"!!!

TAKE CARE

Jess_E

PS "PIZZATOPIA ROCKED!!!" ;)
:clap:

Water Pokemon Master
01/23/2005, 08:29 PM
Looks like those of us that did not go missed out on a lot. :(

Porygon
01/23/2005, 08:55 PM
DBZ voice actors? LOL
It seriously can't get any more random than that. :biggrin:

)v(ajin_ipg21
01/23/2005, 10:25 PM
DBZ Voice actors? I missed them? NO ONE told me, would have TRIED to be there earlier.

NO WAY,
Ya know what you really missed?

Infinite Drink, Infinite Salad, INFINITE PIZZA even the best dessert Pizza dough I've ever Tasted... and Fluxx? OR whatever that game is =D

Now that rocked... and the owner was so cool... let us practically have the run of the place, now how about a tourney THERE?

I'll work on posting the photos soon...

kirbypopstarhero
01/24/2005, 07:58 PM
get them to greafox, he'll put them upim still full from sat too

Water Pokemon Master
01/24/2005, 10:26 PM
You guys suck!!! :mad: How dare you have fun without me! :lol:

Hopefully there will be another CC exactly like this one in the exact same place next year with the exact same people and the exact same food. :biggrin:

Crud...

Warbuzz
01/24/2005, 11:06 PM
!!!!PIZZATOPIA!!!!

That was an awesome ending to a great day! It's a good thing Adrianne pointed us in that direction.

Adrianne (store owner) was really pleased with the tournament and the big turnout. We will try to schedule more events here in the future.

A Special thanks to William for being nice enough to give out so many signatures and take pictures with everyone.

Charizard_Breeder
01/24/2005, 11:09 PM
Sorry WPM, but Jerry did offer you a ride?...next year, next year!!! you gotta make it next year...laters!!!

:thumb:

Water Pokemon Master
01/24/2005, 11:40 PM
I know, but I had to study for finals. :)

)v(ajin_ipg21
01/25/2005, 04:44 PM
Probably NOT allowed but IMAGES (http://ipgeek21.com/index_home.html) are here look at the photo gallery... I hope they can CUT me some slack!!!!

PS an IPG21 SoCal Update...