PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater, WI City Champs--1/23/04 at noon--it's over!

menoknow
11/24/2004, 12:27 PM
I got a space reserved for the tournament on campus. The tournament will be at the UW-Whitewater University Center. Inside of the University Center there is a Burger King, part of an area called 'The Warhawk.' The Burger King will be open from 11am-4pm. In the back of the restaurant, there is a cut off room for activities which is where we will be playing. There is room for at least 40 players in this room. More tables can be slid in if needed.

Also, what would you guys want as a side event? Some possibilities:
A modified side event--$5 with 2 TRR packs of prizes per player registered. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TR/TRR draft, probably 2 packs of TR and 3 packs of TRR (TR being the wizards set and TRR on the newest nintendo set) would be $10-15 with 2-3 packs of TRR for prizes per player

A TRR sealed event, probably 6 packs per player--I'd have to charge $15 at least to have prizes--be 1, maybe 2 packs per person then. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TRR draft, 4 maybe 5 pack booster draft. Cost would be $10-15 with probably 2 packs of prize support per player of TRR. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

Any other suggestions--let me know and I'll figure out a cost and such. I am limited to TRR and TR packs though. I probably wouldn't be able to aquire and other sets in enough quantity by the tournament.

If you would like to pre-register, PM me with your first and last name, birthday, and POP ID number. That way I can get you put into the computer ahead of time and save time on registration on the day of the tournament.

Hope to see you at the Whitewater CC!

Rulemaster
11/24/2004, 01:18 PM
1) I will be able to attend

2) January 22nd would be better but I could make either day.

Everyone should come and play, from brookfield, crystal lake, chi-town, rockford, and wherever else. Hope to see you all there.

PokeWisconsin
11/24/2004, 01:19 PM

2) January 22nd would be better but I could make either day.

Pooka
11/24/2004, 01:35 PM

2) January 23rd would be better - I could not make it Saturday.

I have stuff going on every Saturday, so it would be difficult for me to make a tournament on one. Sunday would be a lot better for me, but if everyone else wants Saturday, don't worry about it.

menoknow
11/24/2004, 02:13 PM
If anybody knows of other people that can come but don't use this forum, post again and include the players name (just 1st name is fine for reference).

Space shouldn't be an issue. I have 2 spots scoped out that I'll see about getting reserved early next week when I get back from Thanksgiving break. One spot will comfortably seat at least 36, another spot should be able to hold 60+. As the CC get's closer I can still preregister people if they want to, shouldn't need to though.

HypnosProjectHQ
11/24/2004, 03:14 PM
I asked my parents, and they said they WILL NOT drive... talk about retarded.

Either day will work, but it depends on whether or not I can get a ride from Jared or the Millers...

PokeWisconsin
11/24/2004, 04:58 PM
I asked my parents, and they said they WILL NOT drive... talk about retarded.

Either day will work, but it depends on whether or not I can get a ride from Jared or the Millers...

The Millers have explicitly said that they won't take you because they are afraid you will beat them and cost them a trip to worlds. As it stands right now they aren't even in contention for a worlds invite. Some friends they are...

I would be happy to pick you up if your parents allowed me to. Otherwise check with Jared if he's able to make it.

AXE
11/24/2004, 05:35 PM
Both days work great for me
either me and the team Chi-town possy should be there
-Dave III_

ST Pika
11/24/2004, 06:56 PM
1) Yes I will attend
2) Either day works for me, I heard something about Manitowoc running one as well when I was there, they said they always do it on the last possible day. I'd be so cool if there were two WI CC's on the same weekend. HypnosProject HQ, I'd be happy to pick you up/return you back, you're not far off the route I'd be taking to Green Bay. Anyone else from WI needing a ride, please PM me and we'll see what I can arrange. Currently no one is going with me in my car. I would love another chance to play in a CC.

menoknow
11/24/2004, 09:34 PM
This is a heads up to all Pokemon players. The Manitowoc City Championships will be held here on December 19th at 11 AM. Registration will be limited to the first 5000 people to show up so get here early. Hopefully see you all here.

Jed

That was posted on the My Parents Basement message board. So sounds like theirs is NOT the last day possible, unless it has changed since that was posted.

ST Pika
11/25/2004, 04:51 AM
Ok, thanks for that info, menoknow, I didn't check their boards (or even know where to find them), I won't be going to the Manitowoc one on the 19th, I will be in Tecumsah, MI instead. I'm sure the rest of the Illinois-ans and Wisconsin people will be attending that one, good luck in advance to all going.

menoknow
11/25/2004, 09:51 AM
Their site is myparentsbasement.com. Once their click on forums then Pokemon. A little while ago they had problems with *naughty* pictures being posted, I guess them I have moderators and that now, but just be warned that you may see some unpleasant pictures when you go to that site.

Ok, thanks for that info, menoknow, I didn't check their boards (or even know where to find them), I won't be going to the Manitowoc one on the 19th, I will be in Tecumsah, MI instead. I'm sure the rest of the Illinois-ans and Wisconsin people will be attending that one, good luck in advance to all going.

PokeWisconsin
11/28/2004, 01:31 AM
Not sure I"m going to Manitowoc yet, but I"ll let you guys know.

Rulemaster
11/28/2004, 02:11 AM
yup, same here

HypnosProjectHQ
11/28/2004, 05:22 AM
Has a date been settled on for Whitewater yet? You might want to get that in officially so people have advanced notice. :D

As for why my parents won't take me - there is no where to go during the 4 hours we'll be there playing. Usually, when we go to Brookfield, my mom goes to my grandparents since they live right in Waukesha. If we went to Whitewater, there wouldn't be anywhere for her to go, and she definitly doesn't wanna stick around because she'll get bored. What kind of Poké-Mom is that? :mad:

ST Pika... thanks for the offer, but I don't think that my parents would let you take me to Green Bay. I mean, they didn't let the Ennocenti's take me to Rockford and I've known them for a long, long time. I'll talk to them though. Maybe they'll loosen up *not...*! :rolleyes:

Ice'Cold
11/28/2004, 11:27 AM
I could come up with ST Pika but only on the 23rd.

AXE
11/28/2004, 07:04 PM
I advise you to make it on the 23rd b/c team chicago is going to south bend on the 22nd

menoknow
11/29/2004, 12:06 AM
How many people from Team Chicago would be able to make?

I'm going to start filling out the forms and working on getting a spot on campus reserved tomorrow. I can't open the thing to fill out on my computer so have to go to a computer lab to get that taken care of.

If I make it on Sunday is there a certain time I should start it as to not interfer with some people going to church and such?

Also, what would people want for a possible side event?

I advise you to make it on the 23rd b/c team chicago is going to south bend on the 22nd

menoknow
11/29/2004, 08:21 PM
Updated--read my original post!

Ice'Cold
11/29/2004, 08:50 PM
That should be a good start time, gives plenty of time for any of us to drive up and I would think gives time for locals to do anything they want such as church before.

menoknow
11/29/2004, 09:14 PM
Would noon be too early of a start? I want to have time for a side event after if at all possible without people having to stay until like 8pm or something.

That should be a good start time, gives plenty of time for any of us to drive up and I would think gives time for locals to do anything they want such as church before.

PokeWisconsin
11/30/2004, 12:45 AM
Sounds good. Right now we don't have any 10- and few 11-14 expected to attend. Bring your younger siblings and friends, they may stand a good chance at winning some incredible prizes!

ST Pika
11/30/2004, 03:22 PM
The 23rd sounds good to me, I know Ice Cold and a few others would wanna hook a ride with me to this event. I should also be going to the South Bend IN event the day before hand, both are about the same distance for me. I'm glad that you got the CC, this will be a nice chance to play in a CC that wont take me ages to drive to, lol.

menoknow
11/30/2004, 04:15 PM
Would noon be too early to start for you out of towners? I don't know if anyone has church commitments and/or what time they go. I want to make it noon to leave more time for a side event if it works out.

The 23rd sounds good to me, I know Ice Cold and a few others would wanna hook a ride with me to this event. I should also be going to the South Bend IN event the day before hand, both are about the same distance for me. I'm glad that you got the CC, this will be a nice chance to play in a CC that wont take me ages to drive to, lol.

AXE
11/30/2004, 05:49 PM
Well im down if i can get a ride from jason. But i wouldnt be supprised to see atleast 8 ppl from team chicago. If not 15(we travel very well).
Later
Dave III

ST Pika
11/30/2004, 07:03 PM
Noon works for me as well, whatever time is all good for me and my crew. Just let us know...

menoknow
11/30/2004, 09:10 PM
Ok--I'll plan it for noon then.

Any suggestions for a side event? I was thinking of a draft using both Team Rocket sets.

Noon works for me as well, whatever time is all good for me and my crew. Just let us know...

menoknow
12/01/2004, 12:26 PM
Getting a spot reserved isn't as easy a process as I had hoped. I e-mailed the student resource person on campus who directed me to the reservations office. I went there but couldnt reserve an area because it isn't sponsered through a student organization. They had me e-mail another person now who I am waiting to get a reply from. I'll keep you all updated--I'm doing all I can right now.

menoknow
12/02/2004, 04:03 PM
I am now in contact with a fourth person about getting a space reserved. I have a meeting scheduled with him for 1pm tomorrow to go over the specifics and rental costs and such. Hopefully I can still get through the whole application process quickly enough. I'll keep you all posted!

menoknow
12/03/2004, 12:36 PM
I got the area I wanted for the tourney. It is an unreservable spot but being a Sunday there is usually nobody in there anyway, maybe one or two people. So he told me just go to there and run the tournament, no rental cost.

The City Application has been e-mailed, I now wait for approval.

PokeWisconsin
12/03/2004, 03:27 PM
Looks like everything is going to work out. Can't wait for this one!

ST Pika
12/03/2004, 03:47 PM
Ditto, no pun intended. It'll be fun!

menoknow
12/03/2004, 03:49 PM
Wow, I already got an email back saying that the tournament is provisionally approved. Now I just have to mail out the application and such.

Looks like this tournament will be a go!

AXE
12/03/2004, 04:02 PM
sounds great ill be there

menoknow
12/03/2004, 04:15 PM
If you could, post or PM me a list of players you expect to be traveling here with. Just their first name or pokegym name is fine as well as their age group--just want an idea of who will be coming. I know you said you may have 8-15 chicago players coming. The more competition the better the tournament!

sounds great ill be there

Rulemaster
12/07/2004, 06:33 AM
everything is looking good

menoknow
12/18/2004, 01:21 AM
The tourney is officially a go!

It is now listed on the list of City Championships on the op site.

Who would stay after the tournament for a side event? If there's interest I would like to run a TR/TRR draft. I'm open to other suggestions as well. So let the ideas/thought/opinions roll on in!

And if you want to preregister for the tournament, PM me with your first name, last name, POP ID, and birthdate. Then I can get you put into the computer ahead of time and save some time when registering people just before the tournament.

HypnosProjectHQ
12/19/2004, 05:50 AM
The tourney is officially a go!

It is now listed on the list of City Championships on the op site.

Who would stay after the tournament for a side event? If there's interest I would like to run a TR/TRR draft. I'm open to other suggestions as well. So let the ideas/thought/opinions roll on in!

And if you want to preregister for the tournament, PM me with your first name, last name, POP ID, and birthdate. Then I can get you put into the computer ahead of time and save some time when registering people just before the tournament.

Most likely, Josh and I will be there. I hope my brother can't come, but you never know. Pre-register? Will do.

menoknow
01/01/2005, 06:44 PM
About 3 weeks away.

PM me to pre-register. That way I can get names put into the TMS and that ahead of time and same some time on the day of the tourney to get things running faster.

Please include:
First Name
Last Name
Date Of Birth
POP ID

This will be the first premeir event I'll be running. Hope to have things go smoothly and do more in the future. Depending on the turn out and that, I may look into trying to become a PTO so I can do prereleases too.

menoknow
01/05/2005, 08:03 PM
The CC is fast approaching. If you haven't already done so, please PM if you plan on attending and preregister so I can get your info put into the computer ahead of time. Need POP ID, full name, and birthdate.

Also, post here on what kind of side event you want.

I can do....
Team Rocket (wizards) and Team Rocket Returns (nintendo) combined draft
Team Rocket Returns sealed tournament
Modified tournament
or basically anything else.

I need to have a rough guess of how many people will be attending and doing the side event so I can make sure I am enough product for prizes and the tournament itself if its a draft or sealed event.

Whoever needs directions, PM me, IM me, or e-mail me.

If the CC goes well I'll look into applying to be a PTO so I can do prereleases too.

So--PM me to pre-register and reply here to 'vote' on a side event

Rulemaster
01/06/2005, 12:05 AM
i like the tr/trr sealed. it would be great...

yoshi1001
01/06/2005, 05:42 AM
I would like to come, but that's the day I drive back to La Crosse.

PokeWisconsin
01/06/2005, 01:28 PM
Bring everyone you can! This is going to be a fun CC!

HypnosProjectHQ
01/06/2005, 02:37 PM
mmk.... Side event? If it is $15 or less, yeah. If not, count me out. I won't have more than $15 saved up by then after Rockford on the 9th.

menoknow
01/06/2005, 02:45 PM
$15 would be the most I would charge depending on the event.

Roughly of the top of my head....

A modified side event would be $5 with 2 TRR packs of prizes per player registered
A TR/TRR draft, probably 2 packs of TR and 3 packs of TRR (TR being the wizards set and TRR on the newest nintendo set) would be $10-15 with 2-3 pack of TRR for prizes per player
A TRR sealed event, probably 6 packs per player--I'd have to charge $15 at least to have prizes--be 1 pack per person then.

Any other suggestions--let me know and I'll figure out a cost and such.

mmk.... Side event? If it is $15 or less, yeah. If not, count me out. I won't have more than $15 saved up by then after Rockford on the 9th.

bullados
01/06/2005, 07:10 PM
For any of those: a 2v2 option would be kinda nice...

menoknow
01/06/2005, 10:14 PM
I'm up for anything. Whatever has the best response I'll run.

If we do a tourney where people use their personal decks (modified, modified 2vs2) cost would be $5 and I would put 2 packs of TRR for prizes per person.

If we do a TR/TRR draft--2vs2 wouldnt work very well since the old set obviously doesnt have any 2vs2 capabilities.

If majority wants 2vs2--thats what we'll do.

So everyone--keep posting your suggestions and PM me your player info to preregister!

For any of those: a 2v2 option would be kinda nice...

PokeWisconsin
01/07/2005, 02:06 PM
I think everyone would be interested in playing a straight TRR 2v2 draft. There are a lot of good cards in the set for 2v2 rules and it's a great way to get more of the new set.

menoknow
01/08/2005, 05:37 PM
Here are some of the possibilities....

A modified side event--$5 with 2 TRR packs of prizes per player registered. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TR/TRR draft, probably 2 packs of TR and 3 packs of TRR (TR being the wizards set and TRR on the newest nintendo set) would be $10-15 with 2-3 packs of TRR for prizes per player

A TRR sealed event, probably 6 packs per player--I'd have to charge $15 at least to have prizes--be 1, maybe 2 packs per person then. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TRR draft, 4 maybe 5 pack booster draft. Cost would be $10-15 with probably 2 packs of prize support per player of TRR. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

Any other suggestions--let me know and I'll figure out a cost and such. I am limited to TRR and TR packs though. I probably wouldn't be able to aquire and other sets in enough quantity by the tournament.

bullados
01/08/2005, 05:47 PM
If you have enough, it'd also be fun to go straight TR, probably cheaper too...

HypnosProjectHQ
01/08/2005, 08:28 PM
My vote is for a TR/TRR Draft. I can do that.

menoknow
01/09/2005, 12:17 AM
I only have 1 box. So only way I could do that is if there was 6 people..well...depends if youd want draft or sealed. Draft could do with 4 packs per person so 9 players or less.

If you have enough, it'd also be fun to go straight TR, probably cheaper too...

Rulemaster
01/11/2005, 03:01 PM
Fast approaching

HypnosProjectHQ
01/12/2005, 04:24 AM
Yup. Less than 2 weeks.

HypnosProjectHQ
01/14/2005, 07:00 PM
Josh can't go. He has a play to go to. Joe can't go. They're having a football party. My cousin can't come. His parents won't let him do anything fun until he raises his grades. Cody doesn't wanna come. He says it is a waste of his time.

Looks like my entire vanload wimped out and it is down to me. How usual is that?

PokeWisconsin
01/14/2005, 08:04 PM
They're not Pokemon Masters like we are.

menoknow
01/14/2005, 09:47 PM
Bummer :frown:

Josh can't go. He has a play to go to. Joe can't go. They're having a football party. My cousin can't come. His parents won't let him do anything fun until he raises his grades. Cody doesn't wanna come. He says it is a waste of his time.

Looks like my entire vanload wimped out and it is down to me. How usual is that?

Rulemaster
01/14/2005, 11:20 PM
i thought this was joe's "thing"

HypnosProjectHQ
01/15/2005, 05:25 AM
It isn't my fault. I'm not making excuses for them, they're making excuses for themselves! I'm not Joe. If I was Joe, I'd say "heck to you all cause I'm going to Whitewater and going 2-3!" LMAO! Just kidding, but pretty much.

Rulemaster
01/16/2005, 12:59 AM
Can you still get a ride there derrick? i wasnt saying it was your fault, i was just saying that because i thought joe's "calling" was pokemon, and that he was playing in everything he could now.

menoknow
01/16/2005, 06:00 PM
Here is a link to the UW-Whitewater campus...

http://www.uww.edu/Campus/

We will be playing in the building labeled UC for University Center. Again we'll be in somewhat of a back room at the Warhawk inside of the building where there's a Burger King. We'll be playing in the back of the restaurant, there's a room that's seperated by the rest that should be plenty roomie and cozy.

If anyone has questions on where we're playing or how do get there, let me know.

Also, continue to PM me with your preregistration info.

Hope to see you all at the WW CC!

HypnosProjectHQ
01/16/2005, 08:14 PM
I might not be able to play the side event. It depends how late the main event goes. Oh, and my brother WILL be coming and playing for almost certain because both my parents are coming along.

menoknow
01/16/2005, 08:23 PM
Any change of your dad playing? I'm pretty sure you said your mom doesn't play or refuses to play or try or something.

I might not be able to play the side event. It depends how late the main event goes. Oh, and my brother WILL be coming and playing for almost certain because both my parents are coming along.

SLOW DECK
01/17/2005, 12:30 PM
I know it might seem obvious to you, but you might need to give better directions. (For us dummies)

Please provide directions for folks who are not familiar with the university layout. We need:
1. Directions to get University of Whitewater (Map Quest Link to a specific location might work best )
2. A place to legally and reliabily park a car some near the location. (Can we legally park in the Warhawk lot 9 in the picture.)
3. How to find the building from the parking location. (Which one, I was confused)

Thanks (Not sure if we are going, but folks will definitely need this part.)

menoknow
01/17/2005, 12:59 PM
I get better details and information shortly. Just got moved back in on campus yesterday and am still getting myself situated with getting unpacked and organized, getting my books, etc. I'll call information to make sure on the parking situation. Pretty sure you can park anywhere for free on the weekends though. It said the parking meters are only in effect Mon-Fri.

I provide more info as soon as I can.

Hope you can make it!

I know it might seem obvious to you, but you might need to give better directions. (For us dummies)

Please provide directions for folks who are not familiar with the university layout. We need:
1. Directions to get University of Whitewater (Map Quest Link to a specific location might work best )
2. A place to legally and reliabily park a car some near the location. (Can we legally park in the Warhawk lot 9 in the picture.)
3. How to find the building from the parking location. (Which one, I was confused)

Thanks (Not sure if we are going, but folks will definitely need this part.)

Fantine
01/17/2005, 08:25 PM
Ill attempt to get a ride. I would say my chances of going there are 40%. If I attend(11-14), i will bring my 2 sisters that are 15 and 10. Could be a chance for my little sister to get a second medal.

Kevin

menoknow
01/17/2005, 10:41 PM
Definetly be a shot for her, Quin is the only possible 10- player expected so far if they can make it.

Ill attempt to get a ride. I would say my chances of going there are 40%. If I attend(11-14), i will bring my 2 sisters that are 15 and 10. Could be a chance for my little sister to get a second medal.

Kevin

Fantine
01/18/2005, 02:05 PM
Im sure that some of team tiy will attend. If one of us goes then at least 5 of us go.

Kevin

menoknow
01/18/2005, 06:48 PM
Kevin--good to hear

I just got the CC support in the mail. Sure was fun carrying that 22lb box from a building thats an 8 minute walk from my dorm in the -5 degree wind chill, 20mph wind weather.

I just hope the weather is decent on the day of the tournament. Like a blizzard right now 15-20mph winds and snowing. Just hustled back to my dorm from shooting hoops at the athletic center. I think I'll stay inside the rest of the night!

HypnosProjectHQ
01/19/2005, 04:20 AM
Its ok Jeff. Everything will be fine. ;)

menoknow
01/19/2005, 08:20 PM
I got confirmed today that all parking should be free. So whatever lot looks best to you on the map you should be able to park at. The parking meters are not in service during the weekend.

Slow Deck--lot 9 is called warhawk because it's next to Warhawk Drive not because it's near the warhawk where we're playing.

Everyone--Lot 2 is probably the closest, but theres a fairly large hill between the lot and the building, theres a path and stairs leading the building as you can see in the picture, upto you if you want to walk up a hill. Otherwise park in either lot 3 or possibily 14. Instead of my explaining how to get to the building from a particular lot, you'd probably be best off printing off the campus map and guiding yourself. We'll be in the building marked UC. It's kind of 2 buildings, we'll be in the larger building (western building) at the very south end of the building. Unfortunately, I don't have a car, so I never actually drove to the campus. Therefore I'm not familiar with the highways and streets leading into town and the campus. Pokewisconsin and Rulemaster also go to school here--they should be more familiar with the area and able to give better direction than I could. So if you need more directions, PM one of them.

PokeMama
01/19/2005, 10:03 PM
I'm working on convincing my hubby to see if Devin, Dustin and I can come. I think it's only about an hour from Beloit, and it should be finished up before it gets dark, so I should be able to find my way ok. He doesn't like me driving around unfamiliar places, especially in the dark, which I understand. But I'm crossin' my fingers!

menoknow
01/20/2005, 12:15 AM
Hope things work out for you and I see you Sunday. As long as there's no big TMS mess ups or anything like that, things should hopefully run quickly and smoothly. It's my first premiere event so it might be a little bumpy, but I'll do my best. :thumb:

I'm working on convincing my hubby to see if Devin, Dustin and I can come. I think it's only about an hour from Beloit, and it should be finished up before it gets dark, so I should be able to find my way ok. He doesn't like me driving around unfamiliar places, especially in the dark, which I understand. But I'm crossin' my fingers!

Fantine
01/20/2005, 01:59 PM
Curses I cant go. Stupid parents wont drive to it. Well good luck Camille, win one for Team TIY.

Kevin

BANGINBOX
01/20/2005, 04:53 PM
Look out all you cheeseheads.......

Chitown is comin'

So far we have all but confirmed (pending snowfall on saturday), the following people

Myself
James 10-
Chelsey 11-14
Mr. Lucas
Jessica
Dan
Dave 3
and possibly....
Cory
Jason

I will let you all know right now..... you'd better be ready. If Dave dont get you I will!!!

REMEMBER GREEN BAY!
CAN YOU SAY SWEEP??

jimmy

Fantine
01/20/2005, 08:09 PM
Dangit I really wanna go now, Havent seen Banginbox since the Rockford prerelese.

HypnosProjectHQ
01/20/2005, 08:13 PM
Look out all you cheeseheads.......

Chitown is comin'

So far we have all but confirmed (pending snowfall on saturday), the following people

Myself
James 10-
Chelsey 11-14
Mr. Lucas
Jessica
Dan
Dave 3
and possibly....
Cory
Jason

I will let you all know right now..... you'd better be ready. If Dave dont get you I will!!!

REMEMBER GREEN BAY!
CAN YOU SAY SWEEP??

jimmy

The biggest competition will be.... Jessica and James. Both of them are the BEST players under 15 that I know. Best of luck guys, and I hope we have some intense games that go in my favor. :tongue:

menoknow
01/20/2005, 09:01 PM
Can you hitch a ride from anyone else or would your parents not allow that?

Glad to hear that Team-Chicago should be coming in full force. If a wisconsin player ends our wisconsin CC losing streak in 15+, I want the out of staters to be in full force so it's more legit! Hopefully the bad weather is done early enough and the roads get cleared and that in time for tourney. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good driving conditions. I'd hate to lose a lot of the players because of weather.

Curses I cant go. Stupid parents wont drive to it. Well good luck Camille, win one for Team TIY.

Kevin

Fantine
01/20/2005, 09:06 PM
Nobody form our area is going. If only my parents had me 3 days earlier...

-Ashley

menoknow
01/20/2005, 09:26 PM
Why 3 days earlier?

Nobody form our area is going. If only my parents had me 3 days earlier...

-Ashley

Rulemaster
01/21/2005, 12:44 AM
thats what im wondering too jeff.

Hey everyone, if you are still debating whether or not to come on Sunday, I urge you to come. its going to be a fun time, with the cc and then the side event. plus we got a burger king right in the building for food. im not sure, but i havent seen too many 10- players posting and saying they are coming, so if you have a 10- player or know one, i urge them to come too. its gonna be a blast

Fantine
01/21/2005, 01:53 PM
3 days earlier and she could have been the legal age to start driving class and would have her license by now. Or something like that. Kinda doubt I can hitch a ride. There is always next year.

Kevin

HypnosProjectHQ
01/21/2005, 02:57 PM
2 days. Can't wait!

Fantine
01/21/2005, 09:55 PM
Hypno, you still played the deck you played at the Rockford CC. That one looked fun. Im surprised it didnt work better.

PokeWisconsin
01/22/2005, 01:07 AM
Dark HypnosProjectHQ?

HypnosProjectHQ
01/22/2005, 05:38 AM
Hypno, you still played the deck you played at the Rockford CC. That one looked fun. Im surprised it didnt work better.

Naw. I'll play something I've spent a little more time testing. That way I know how to play against certain decks.

menoknow
01/22/2005, 11:49 AM
If you plan on playing in the side event, probably TR/TRR draft, bring energy for yourself if you have any. I don't have a ton of energy so I don't know if I'll have enough depending on how many people play. I have a few people bringing some extra energy, so should be ok. But if you could bring some energy yourself, it wouldn't hurt.

We're supposed to get 1-2" more this afternoon, driving conditions should be ok by tomorrow. So as it stands now, the tourney is a go for tomorrow.

Registration starts at 11am (I should be there between 10:45 and 11)
Tourney starts at noon.

We'll be in the University Center (UC on the map) in a somewhat of a cut off room in the back of Burger King, a food area called the Warhawk. Just ask anyone you see on campus if you can't find it and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Again, all parking should be free, the parking meters are not in effect on the weekend. Lot 3 or 14 would probably be the best spots to park. If you park in lot 2 yout gotta walk up a good sized hill to get to the building and it isn't any closer than the other two lots any way. The Burger King is open from 11am-4pm if anyone gets hungry.

If anyone has any other questions, post or PM me. Either me, pokewisconsin, or rulemaster should be able to answer most questions you might have.

See you all tomorrow!

HypnosProjectHQ
01/22/2005, 12:34 PM
I'll br bringing energy, but I NEED it back. Its the only energy I have available for deckbuilding, so its necessary to get back.

Also, we'll be coming for sure. That makes 2 for 11-14. Now to print out the map of the campus.

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
01/22/2005, 02:41 PM
Man it looks terrible outside,

I wonder how brutal it will be tomorrow....and so far it continues to snow. Well I hope everyone will make it, I'll check how my status is as far as my arrival.

See ya

PokeMama
01/22/2005, 10:19 PM
I'm bummin... we can't go tomorrow :frown: After driving to Rockford this morning for our tourney and League in some pretty nasty weather, I was noticing my brakes were making a horrible noise! And even tho I'm sure the roads will be plowed pretty well by tomorrow, and I wouldn't feel too safe with less-than-good braking conditions on snowcovered roads in unfamiliar territory, if you know what I mean. So we won't be there unfortunately. :frown:

But hope you all have a great CC and I'll be watching for a nice report on all the fun, ok? :clap:

PokeWisconsin
01/22/2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks PokeMama. Sorry you can't come.

Rulemaster
01/23/2005, 03:49 AM
yeah, we understand. only like 7 hours till start

HypnosProjectHQ
01/23/2005, 03:52 AM
Well be leaving in.... lets just say at 9:45. We'll be there around 11.

Don't worry if no one else comes! We've always got 2 Enno's and 2 Krenke's. :tongue:

Broken Lizard
01/23/2005, 04:43 AM
I really really wish I could be there... *sigh*

I hope you have a great event!

Rulemaster
01/23/2005, 04:45 AM
thanks. im hoping i dont fall asleep during it cause i stayed up all night

HypnosProjectHQ
01/23/2005, 08:37 AM
We'll be leaving in 5 minutes and we'll be there by 11.

Go Team Wisconsin! Stand your ground and fight your best. We cannot let Chi-Town take another CC from us! CHARGE!!! :tongue:

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
01/23/2005, 08:53 AM
Sorry guys,

but me and kyle cant make it. Its just too risky......lol.....if the weather was different, it would be another story. Well hope someone from wisconsin wins...

See ya

Rulemaster
01/23/2005, 09:17 AM
its alright, theres not much you could do

menoknow
01/23/2005, 09:21 AM
I'll be heading over to the warhawk as soon as matt and eric come get me which should be in a little bit. Should be there between 10:45-11.

See you all soon!

PokeMama
01/23/2005, 02:06 PM
*sits in front of the screen, waiting to see what happened and how the event went*

menoknow
01/23/2005, 05:54 PM
Turnout was dissapointing. Lost several because of weather and I know of several others that either couldn't find rides or had previous commitments. Ended up with just 12 people. 8 for 15+, 3 for 11-14, and 1 for 10-.

There wasn't really any 'n00bs' in attendance, all solid players pretty much. After 4 of 5 rounds of swiss, in 15+, 6 of the 8 players were 2-2.

Illinois swept all ages groups again, WI will have it's day one of these times! Only 4 of the 12 players were from Wisconsin. Before top cuts WI was 9-11. The 3 that mades cuts all lost so finished 9-14.

I'll let the players that attended describe the rest. I'm sure some people will make up tourney reports. I think everyone had a good time and things went smoothly. The line at Burger King got long just before we went to lunch break, so lunch break was longer than expected but wasn't really an issue. Didn't have any TMS errors to mess with which is always good.

Hopefully I can run more events like this in the future. I'm sure the turnout will be better if/when I do something like this again. But you can't plan mother nature. Oh well!

Rulemaster
01/23/2005, 06:23 PM
Whitewater City Championship-1/23/05
Whitewater, Wisconsin on campus at UWW

This was, as far as I know, the first major Pokemon tournament held in Whitewater. Jeff(menoknow), Eric(Pokewisconsin), and I(Rulemaster) helped put it on in the University Center right in the middle of the UWW campus. The location was ideal, as the tables are perfect for playing, there is a large number of them, and it was very quiet besides the players chatting. There is a burger king right across the room, and it has outlets for electronics, and even wireless internet. We recieved several good comments about the venue, and we will definately continue having tournaments there.

I woke up around 10am, after going to bed at 6am. We loaded up, picked Jeff up at his dorm, and set up at the UC. First ones there were Krenkes, then team chicago, and the rest. We started around 12:30.

My deck was Jumpluff/Gorebyss/Togetic/Pidgeot

Round 1 vs. John Bagshaw

He played a mix of Dark Marowak, Zapdos ex, Jumpluff, and some others. I gained an advantage after acquiring many gorebyss and jumps on my bench.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Jimmy Ballard

I knew this was going to be tough. Jimmy played a TA Manectric/Jumpluff. It was close, but his manectric tore through everything except my pluffs.
1-1

Round 3 vs. Adam

He was playing Jumpluff/Gardevoir. I had a good start, but he played well and came back. It was hard to hurt his Gardevoirs and Gardevoir ex. He ended up winning on time.
1-2

Round 4 vs. James Ballard

This dude is good. He was playing a very similar deck to mine, maybe difference was he had 2/2 togetic, i had 1/1. I got stuff faster than him, and tried to stay one turn ahead on prizes. I ended up winning on an ATM rock, and he would have won next turn if I hadn't. It was really close. This kid is 9 now and hes doing awesome, just wait till he's 15...nice job man.
2-2

Round 5 vs. Derrick Krenke

This was going to be a good game. I hadn't played Derrick in a tourney probably since the Neo days. I had lost to him in practice before the tourney, and I knew it was going to be about who had the better start and who could stay ahead. His deck was teched a little more than mine, with Pow! hand extrension, but otherwise it was the same deck I was playing. It was a close game all the way, and I pulled some lucky rolls on buffer. I ended up winning, and making T4. Thanks again for a great game Derrick, and thanks to your parents for driving you guys and staying.
3-2

T4 vs. Mr. Lucas

I saw what Mr. Lucas was playing earlier in the day, but it didnt help me any. Dark Amphy/Amphy ex/both Dark TTars. His deck was just too fast and had too much against me. I didnt have a whole lot of a chance at winning, with Sand damage, weakness to lightning, Dark Amphy's power, etc. I did KO his Amphy ex using Togetic though :cool: I went for a paralyze late game to try to stall and deck him, as he had only 2 or 3 cards left in his deck, but it failed. It was a good game, but took about 45 min to play. Second game I had a bad start, and he had a good one. There was no way to keep up or take an early lead, and it wouldnt have mattered anyways. Always a good match Mr. Lucas.
3-3

So I ended up with 4 packs of TRR for 4th place. Here were some of the standings...

10-
1st James Ballard

11-14
1st Jessica

15+
1st Mr. Lucas
2nd Jimmy Ballard
3rd Eric Ennocenti
4th Matt Ennocenti

Props:
TMS! No computer problems today.
Everyone for driving right after a blizzard comes through and dumps on us.
Jeff for running a flawless tourney, his first CC.
UWW for letting us use the space.

Slops:
The blizzard for diminishing our attendence. Sorry Kenosha and Rockford

So overall a very fun day. Saw some great playing and great games. We hope you all come back next time we have a tourney. Thanks to ST Pika for the Primeape and Dark Crobat also, good stuff. Hopefully see you all in 2 weeks at the Deoxys Prerelease in Brookfield, WI!

Broken Lizard
01/23/2005, 06:58 PM
NICE report! Man, am I sorry I missed it... :frown:

See ya soon at the prerelease. League is closed this week... back up again next week.

PokeWisconsin
01/23/2005, 07:02 PM
I had a good time at the tournament despite the low attendance. I ended up playing a Dark Tyranitar/ Dark Draggy thing that I slopped together before the tournament. Here is how it went for me:

Round 1:
I played Mr. Lucas. I don't think I took one prize. I got off to a pretty bad start and his combo of Dark Amphy, Dark Ttar, and ATM Rock just owned me.
0-1

Round 2:
I played Jonathon. It was a pretty good game, and I won with a few Feint Attacks to his bench.
1-1

Round 3:
I played Jason. His deck was doing really well but I got off to a great start and had a some luck with flips going my way.
2-1

Round 4:
I played Jimmy. His deck didn't start that fast, but he did get Togetic and Powed my Minun out and KOd it. I couldn't do much other than Feint Attack and he won with a fairly originial deck.
2-2

Round 5:
I played Jessica. She's been doing really well lately and I knew her deck was similar to Mr. Lucas's, so I knew what to expect. I got a decent start and won a very close game.
3-2

T4
I get to face Jimmy again. His deck was really strong against mine ,with just the right techs to really put me at a disadvantage. I must have Sudden Flashed him a dozen times, but in the end he took the 2/3.

Despite the low attendance it was a fun day. All of the players that came said the venue was perfect for a major Pokemon event, and that they would really like to see Whitewater get some Premier events. I'm going to try my best to get more Pokemon events at Whitewater along with Rulemaster and Menoknow.

Props:
Everyone who came despite the weather.
Whitewater for having an ideal play area for us to use.
The Whitewater crew for running the tournament.
Team Chicago for driving up.

Slops:
Bad weather.

BigChuck01
01/23/2005, 07:24 PM
Congrats Mr. Lucas, you finally got your medal! Congrats to all of Team Chicago as well for dominating the tournament!

PokeMama
01/23/2005, 08:17 PM
Congrats to all of you! Sorry the weather messed with your attendance, but sounds like it was a good event none-the-less!

TuxedoBlack
01/23/2005, 10:07 PM
Turnout was dissapointing. Lost several because of weather and I know of several others that either couldn't find rides or had previous commitments. Ended up with just 12 people. 8 for 15+, 3 for 11-14, and 1 for 10-.

There wasn't really any 'n00bs' in attendance, all solid players pretty much. After 4 of 5 rounds of swiss, in 15+, 6 of the 8 players were 2-2.

Illinois swept all ages groups again, WI will have it's day one of these times! Only 4 of the 12 players were from Wisconsin. Before top cuts WI was 9-11. The 3 that mades cuts all lost so finished 9-14.

I'll let the players that attended describe the rest. I'm sure some people will make up tourney reports. I think everyone had a good time and things went smoothly. The line at Burger King got long just before we went to lunch break, so lunch break was longer than expected but wasn't really an issue. Didn't have any TMS errors to mess with which is always good.

Hopefully I can run more events like this in the future. I'm sure the turnout will be better if/when I do something like this again. But you can't plan mother nature. Oh well!

Menoknow,

I would also like to add my sincere thank you and congrats for running a very good torunament!! The UWW facility was the best: very spacious, comfortable, well lit, and convenient. Eventhough more players could not attend this particular event, I'm sure your future events will also be quite successful. Big props to you for a job well done.

HypnosProjectHQ
01/23/2005, 10:33 PM
I take back all what I said, and I'm sorry for any hurt feelings I caused. James is a GREAT PLAYER! All I meant is that I am easily annoyed, and just don't like getting bothered during my battles. I guess my cousin probably made me not like that because of what he did at the Manitowoc Gym Challenge (another long story, but a lot of people already know it).

Sincerly sorry....
Hyp :frown:

PokeWisconsin
01/24/2005, 12:48 AM
I agree that little kids can get annoying sometimes but they're just looking for attention. Don't get too upset over it, Hyp. The little guy likes you!

Rulemaster
01/24/2005, 01:58 AM
Hes not old enough to really be all that mature...but yeah, I noticed it too. But hes ONLY 9. I dunno, im sure he'll come around and be more conservative in his conversation during matches.

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
01/24/2005, 12:14 PM
Damn,

I wish i could have been there, but like i said.....(in my opinion) sundays are bad days to hold tourneys, except in the summer or on non-snowy, cold holidays. Oh well, congrats to all who won, really wish the rest of the team could have made it, so things could have been more competitive, but the snow made it difficult, plus the car i was gonna use, broke down...lol....

See ya

P.S. Next up, the states, which im sure all of us will be going to a couple.

menoknow
01/24/2005, 12:44 PM
About a month or 2 in advance I asked around and most people said Sunday would work better for them than Saturday. In this particular instance, if I had made it Sat the 22nd, Team Chicago may not have made it and we may have only had 2-4 players. I know the snow storm lasted in parts of Chicago until 6 or 7pm Saturday night because they got a lot of lake effect snow.

Assuming I run a CC again next year, I will try to have it earlier, before mid December when I have a month off of school, that's if they have CC's at the same time of the year next year.

Damn,

I wish i could have been there, but like i said.....(in my opinion) sundays are bad days to hold tourneys, except in the summer or on non-snowy, cold holidays. Oh well, congrats to all who won, really wish the rest of the team could have made it, so things could have been more competitive, but the snow made it difficult, plus the car i was gonna use, broke down...lol....

See ya

P.S. Next up, the states, which im sure all of us will be going to a couple.

BANGINBOX
01/24/2005, 03:44 PM
First of all I want to thank menoknow for holding one of the smoothest and relaxing tounaments I have ever attended. For this being your first touney, you really did an outstanding job. Nintendo should really be proud of how you represented them.

Now on to the real business.......

I'll have a report tomorrow. Not many slops except for James - the most ANNOYING players ever. Thank god that Jeff and Cody chased him away from our final battle because he was getting erves. If he was my brother, I would have beaten him long before that battle. Jimmy, keep that kid under control. I know it is strategy for him to be annoying so opponents get P/O'd at him, but someone like that will never make any friends playing Pokemon - only enemies. And that, you must admit, is no fun! :tongue:

Now those of you who know me, know that I like to goof off. Mainly at other peoples expense. (Sorry bullados :rolleyes: ) I can take it when people poke back. However, the above comment was completely uncalled for. I will not stand for some LOSER (literally) to come on a public forum and bash my "9" year old. Let me break it down in parts to fully elaborate.

James - the most ANNOYING players ever. He is 9 years old. what do you expect?

Thank god that Jeff and Cody chased him away from our final battle because he was getting on my nerves. Correct me if I'm wrong but, they never removed him, only asked him not to interfere with your match.

If he was my brother, I would have beaten him long before that battle. If he was your brother, which he is not, you would seriously be the loser of the family. God help you if you EVER lay a hand on my son.

Jimmy, keep that kid under control. Read the posts.... Hello??? He was well under control. You seem to be the only one who didnt think so!

I know it is strategy for him to be annoying so opponents get P/O'd at him, but someone like that will never make any friends playing Pokemon - only enemies. And that, you must admit, is no fun! :tongue O.K. This is what I see as no fun......... see below!!!

I appreciate your comments about what you feel was an accurate opinion of events. However, as seen in many posts before mine, HE WAS DOING NOTHING WRONG. The way I see it, You are just a SORE LOSER!!! That my friend is no fun. Nor will YOU make any friends that way. Not only did my 9 year old kick your butt, but you also lost to a GIRL!!!! Good job Jess. All this after your big explosion after beating her in the swiss rounds. " Thats payback for Rockford!!" What was that all about? You see who got the medal, huh!

In closing.... Had you been winning either of these games, James would not have been the annoyance you claimed him to be. My tip is......Stop worrying about those around you and pay more attention to your own skills. That my friend seems to be the real problem.

jimmy

dld4a
01/24/2005, 04:31 PM
I'll have a report tomorrow. Not many slops except for James - the most ANNOYING players ever. Thank god that Jeff and Cody chased him away from our final battle because he was getting on my nerves. If he was my brother, I would have beaten him long before that battle. Jimmy, keep that kid under control. I know it is strategy for him to be annoying so opponents get P/O'd at him, but someone like that will never make any friends playing Pokemon - only enemies. And that, you must admit, is no fun! :tongue:

I have gone to multiple, multiple tournaments over the last year in which James has been in attendance. I have never, ever seen him exhibit any thing but normal 9 year old behavior, and not even extreme 9 year old behavior at that! James is a founding member of Team Chicago and deservedly so! As such I suggest you be careful with the comments about him! :smile:

PokeWisconsin
01/24/2005, 04:39 PM
I don't think Derrick meant all of what he said. He's really competitive and was very disappointed with how the tournament went for him. I noticed at the tournament that James was from time to time disrupting matches but I didn't think it was anything major. I hope you guys can get over this and still be friends.

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
01/24/2005, 04:47 PM
OK, I think we should all get back into the topic before this all gets locked,

James is a great kid and thats exactly how kids are, what do you expect, kids get annoying at times, but its just thembeing who they are. (god knows, i get a bit crazy dealing with some of my younger cousins) James is a well behaved individual and so is his sister, from what i have seen from both of them, and they really dont pose any trouble to anyone, lets just all let go of this and worry about other things, prerelease dates are up and states are comin, so i think it would be best to worry about those things....

See yea

Cyrus
01/24/2005, 05:30 PM
Ehhh, I can attest to Hypnos being a sore loser *points to Iron Chef*

But yeah, if I were you, Hypno, and you REALLY had a sincere problem with James, I would bring it up with James Senior before posting it on a forum. When they moved to Texas for god knows what reason (lol Jimmy ;x), I got to know Jimmy n' James. It took me a while to warm up to Jimmy (Thundercatz and Pluffbyss aren't mandates of heaven you know =P), but James was always cool like all the other insane lil kids down here.

HypnosProjectHQ
01/25/2005, 04:23 AM
Edited my post above. I'm sorry. If you read it, you'll see why I got so angry.

Ice'Cold
01/26/2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I mean come on, he is 9 year old, though he is a great player he is still at the age of liking to crawl around the floor and play random notes on the piano. Best quote all day, (Tuxedo Black when james was on the piano) "Allright enough Liberacci..." or something to that effect, that was funny. I mean come on, the most "annoying" thing I saw him do all day if you can call it that was ask me to keep playing the "Flinestones" theme on the piano, and maybe grab on to my leg. Hes 9 and if you dont like kids that fine but this is pokemon, things like this have to be expected.