View Full Version : Fort Collins, CO City Championship 12/11/04

mysterioustrainer
11/26/2004, 01:07 AM
PokémonCity Championships – Fort Collins, CO

Saturday December 11th, 2004 @ 11:00am

Marshak’s House of Fantasy

256 Linden St.Fort Collins, CO80524

(970) 224-3599

In Northern Colorado, a new storm is coming. A storm of Pokémon Trainers will gather from all across the state and beyond to challenge one another to see who can take Fort Collins Winner’s Medallion in their second annual Pokémon Trading Card Game City Championship.

Age-Modified Swiss Tournament
Using Modified-Constructed format (bring your own 60-card Modified Legal Decks to compete with.)
Please bring your deck (preferably sleeved, a randomizer (coin preferred), and damage counters to the event. Also remember to bring your POP ID. If you do not already have one, you will be issued one at the event. Do not bring a play mat as they will be provided at all tables in the event.
This is an official Pokémon Premiere event
No entry or purchase necessary to enter
Tournament ID: 04-12-000029
Tournament Organizer: Craig Simpson (myst_trainer@yahoo.com (myst_trainer@yahoo.com))

Directions to Marshak’s

From Interstate 25

Take I-25 to exit 269 SH14/Mulberry Ave heading west on Mulberry Ave. Turn right onto Riverside Ave. heading northwest (turns into Jefferson St). Turn left onto Linden St. and Marshak’s is to the left. Parking available in the rear just before Linden St. Look for the Pokémon “Welcome” banner.

From College Ave./US 287

Take College Ave./US 287 to downtown Fort Collins and turn onto Jefferson St heading southeast. Turn right onto Linden St. and Marshak’s is to the left. Parking available in the rear just before Linden St. Look for the Pokémon “Welcome” banner.

Concerning Parking

While limited parking is available in the rear of Marshak’s there might be a chance that you may have to park elsewhere in the area. Parking in the downtown district streets is 2-hour parking only (this includes parking in front of the Marshak’s Game Store), a fee-based parking garage is available by taking Linden St and turning left onto Walnut and turning right onto Mountain. The garage is then on the left hand side of the road. Rates are .50˘ per hour and the first hour is free.

Side Events

Marshak’s Christmas Game Day

Marshak’s House of Fantasy will also be hosting demonstrations of a variety of great card games and board games. Competitors are welcome to watch and learn while they are inbetween matches. This is a great way to relax even if you are not participating in the Pokémon City Championships.

No Pokémon side tournaments will be held at Marshak’s.

mysterioustrainer
12/02/2004, 02:20 PM
New news about upcoming Fort Collins CC:
Well after a bit of convincing my family is going to be making some fun and yummy snacks for the CC. There will also be soda and candy bars avalable for purchase from Marshak's. I will also have a christmas card from Colorado Pokemon Players to send to POP in thanks of their hard work so please come and sign that.

PokeMontoya
12/03/2004, 09:20 AM
I will win this one but I still wanted to play michael

mysterioustrainer
12/04/2004, 04:08 PM
Well at least I know to put you into the pre-registration list.

SteveP
12/05/2004, 04:26 PM
hey craig, add these to pre-reg:

SteveP (15+)
AlexH (11-14)
IanB (15+)
BretonB (11-14)
JaredC (15+)

Maybe more later.

mysterioustrainer
12/06/2004, 10:51 PM
Yay! More kids coming! This looks like a hopeful turnout!

I will also have the Jirachi Bonus Disk running (but no other Gamecube side events) so that players can get their hands of Jirachi if they haven't yet. Need Ruby and Sapphire version (FireRed and LeafGreen versions not compatible.) Also I just got my hands on the Pokemon Christmas Bash from ITunes so we will have tunes in regestration!

mysterioustrainer
12/08/2004, 09:40 PM
Just one more thing, everyone don't call my grandma I won't be there to answer it. For FC City Information call 224-3599 the store staff should help you there. The OP Listing on the OP Site has my old residancy (for some reason) as the contact number but that is also my grandma's house.

Grandma doesn't even like Pokemon, nor does mom, nor does...

By the ways, FC local players (as if there are any listening on Pokegym), I have learned there is a Christmas potluck Friday night, call store for details! Also back by popular demand, I will have the Jirachi bonus disk running on site for GBA players to get Jirachi onto their Ruby or Sapphire versions. No other GBAA/CGN events though (not enough time) sorry. I do have something planned for the bigger events in the future though.

Blaziken98
12/09/2004, 03:57 PM
Colorado Springs is going to own Fort Collins!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :lol:

PokeMontoya
12/09/2004, 07:34 PM
Um no Pueblo Is dude :P

SteveP
12/10/2004, 01:58 PM
PokeMontoya, there's a possibility I won't be going tomorrow. If not, and if you're going, you can use my van and leave your car at my house. PM or call me.

PokeMontoya
12/12/2004, 01:47 PM
So Who Won since we had to leave early??

Ampharos7
12/13/2004, 08:09 AM
Hey PokeMontoya, J-Rad is the 15+ city champion.

Amphy is so sexy and the coolest modified card ever!! :D

PokeMontoya
12/13/2004, 03:55 PM
who won the 11-14???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

mysterioustrainer
12/13/2004, 10:28 PM
The Pablo took 10 and under, Zach took 11 through 14, and Jared a.k.a the guy two posts above me took 15 +.

That is it, this is the second time Colorado Springs territory conquered an CC. I am coming down this Saturday to take Colorado Springs title myself and finish you all off! Ha ha ha ha ha ak cough cough. *inhales deeply*