PDA

View Full Version : KinGar help please

WaterPipe
07/19/2010, 11:16 AM
I am currently trying to build a deck consisting of Kingdra Prime and Gengar SF. So far the deck list I have is alright but I would like help to improve it :>

Pokemon:

4-2-4 Gengar SF
3-2-3 Kingdra Prime
2 Uxie

Stadium

3 BTS

Trainer

3 Pokemon Communications
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
3 Expert Belt

Supporters

2 Judge
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Interviewer's Questions

Energy

4 Water
4 Psychic
2 Rainbow Energy

My main strategy is to try to get Gengar SF out at least TI or T2 and set my bench up with the Kingdra and spray splash the opponent and snipe with Gengar SF 's shadow room.

I'm not sure about the list but I've tested it against Cursegar and Dialgachomp and won against them.

thekingdo
07/19/2010, 11:17 AM
Add in 1 LA Kingdra.

ace310j
07/19/2010, 12:35 PM
Add one kingdra La and add another Uxie and some SSUs.

p8ntchucker7
07/19/2010, 06:42 PM
-1 Expert Belt
-1 Pokemon Collector
-3 Interviewer's Questions
-1 Water Energy

+1 Uxie
+4 Super Scoop Up
+1 Unown Q

TCG Trader
07/19/2010, 06:46 PM
Me and another person at my league tested this deck for a bit, and it's quite ridiculous. :)

Drop the kingdra line to 2-1-2, and try to get a Uxie Lv. X if you can. Otherwise add in a 1-0-1 Metagross SV, I was extremely surprised at how much it helped the deck out, but it's nice to have 50 HP Pixies for free kills [also a 70 HP Uxie lv. X].

elitetechniq
07/19/2010, 07:07 PM
i actually just got a kingdra line this past weekend and i put something like this together its working nice. haven't tested against sp's yet though.

Not sure what to change about yours but i play

2 spiritomb (amazing starter)
2 crobat (always need that extra 10.)
4 Poketurn and 3 Cyrus (poketurn is obvious and cyrus is amazing, sets me up for bebe/pokemon collector and gives me the water/psy energy i need.)

Elite_4_Allen
07/19/2010, 07:11 PM
I post the same thing, nobody responds..... I'd add 3 professor elm's training method.

elitetechniq
07/19/2010, 07:21 PM
im new so i wasn't around to respond, i never thought of using training method. i will have to test it out myself

thekingdo
07/19/2010, 07:32 PM
i actually just got a kingdra line this past weekend and i put something like this together its working nice. haven't tested against sp's yet though.

Not sure what to change about yours but i play

2 spiritomb (amazing starter)
2 crobat (always need that extra 10.)
4 Poketurn and 3 Cyrus (poketurn is obvious and cyrus is amazing, sets me up for bebe/pokemon collector and gives me the water/psy energy i need.)

Doesn't that slow it down too much?

elitetechniq
07/19/2010, 08:50 PM
Doesn't that slow it down too much?
No its really just a set up card it helps more than it hurts, also it really helps in the sp matchup. T2 kingdra without using candy with darkness grace and if i had the perfect hand i had a water energy for horsea T1 so i can attach a random energy and retreat Tomb to start using dragon steam.

PkB_
07/19/2010, 09:11 PM
Ok,

Drop a Gengar for a Gengar Lv.X, you don't need 4 Gengar. Gengar decks never have and you even have a second attacker that can hold its own. Also the Lv.X can be VERY helpful in certain situations.

Drop your Kingdra line down to 2-1-2. Don't play a LA kingdra like other pople suggested, its pointless as the only reason you would play it anymore is a fire tech but since you have Gengar you have something to take care of that.

You really should bump up to a 3-1 Uxie Lv.X if at all possible.

Drop Expert belt. The only thing that you should be using this on is Kingdra and since that is just a tech you don't need them.

Try something out like this:

Pokemon:20
4-2-3-1 Gengar Lv.X
2-1-2 Kingdra
3-1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Unown Q

Tss:28
3 Broken time-Space
3 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Cynthia's Feeling's
2 Looker's Investigation
1 Palmer's Contibution
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Vs Seeker

Energy:9
4 Rainbow Energy
3 Psychic Energy
2 Water Energy

WaterPipe
08/21/2010, 05:20 PM
Okay, I've looked over everyone's advice plus the advice of my league leader and this is what I now have.

Pokemon: 22
1-3-2-3 Gengar Lv X/ SF
3-2-3 Kingdra Prime
1-3 Uxie Lv X
1 Unknown Q
T/S/S: 29
4 ssu
4 rare candy
3 pkmn communication
1 lux ball
1 Quick ball (any suggestions on what this can be changed too?)
4 bebe
4 pkmn collector
2 Cyrus's conspiracy
1 PONT
1 Palmers
1 Lookers
3 BTS
Energy: 9
5 Psychic
4 water

I'm still open to suggestions to make this deck stronger as it's somewhat consistent right now.