PDA

View Full Version : Energy Chaos

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 01:09 PM
My first EON deck. Its probably not too good, I'm still getting over the loss of Neo-on.

Energy Chaos

Pokes 19
4 Eevee
3 Espy
4 Seedot (2 surprise, 2 tackle)
2 Nuzleaf (Razor Leaf)
3 Shifltry (Fan away)
2 Igglybuff (good night song)
1 Dunsparce (strike and run. Finally a truly good Dunsparce)

Trainers 26
4 Elm
4 CC
3 Research
3 Claw Fossil
3 Warp Point
3 Moo Moo Milk
1 Wally's Training
2 Rare Candy
1 Town Voulenteers
2 Pokemon Fan Club

Energy 15
11 Grass
4 Recycle

The first thing you'll ask yourself when looking at this deck is, what?!? Espeon relies on high energy and Shiftry relies on low energy. They cancel eachother out, right?
Wrong. This deck has been built to have control over the opponents energy. If they are playing low energy to start out with, bring out Shiftry and Fan Away. If they are building an energy brute, bring out Espy. Energy Removals aren't really needed in this deck, because thier dead weight if I get up Espy. Its extremely convienient that Espy's main attack, Energy Crush, is (C)(C)(C), so its splashable.

Rates/Fixes are appreciated

ShadowCacnea
09/19/2003, 03:00 PM
I like Sandstorm Espeon a lot. If you have the room to play Espy, play him. As for the deck, quite good in itself. It's a good strategy, the pokemon are fine. But I will say drop an Iggly or 2 for more Dunsparce or even a fourth Espeon or a third Nuzleaf. You need a third Nuzleaf anyway, with no breeders so...onto the trainers, drop something for another Wally's Training and cut an Oak's Research to preserve the supporters (too many). The energy should be fine.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 03:13 PM
I AM playing Sandstorm espy. 4 espy is overkill. Rare Candy is the new breeder. Iggly is great stall, and if I bring dunsparce out, I'll probably only end up attacking with it once. I am known for insane draw power. Wally's training isn't that great considering I would only use it with Seedot, as Eevee can find its evolution by itself with "signs of evolution".

ShadowCacnea
09/19/2003, 03:15 PM
I AM playing Sandstorm espy. 4 espy is overkill. Rare Candy is the new breeder. Iggly is great stall, and if I bring dunsparce out, I'll probably only end up attacking with it once. I am known for insane draw power. Wally's training isn't that great considering I would only use it with Seedot, as Eevee can find its evolution by itself with "signs of evolution".

Wally's Training will rarely see play with 1 copy. And I think Wally's Training lets you evolve your active too. And it's not an attack. I'll stop pointing out obvious advantages of Wally's Training vs. Signs of Evolution now.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 03:31 PM
There is no reason to lose a spot in your deck for a card that is pointless because your active evolves itself. Espy is the main poke in my deck, not Shiftry, Shiftry is plan B.

dkates
09/19/2003, 03:52 PM
A Stage 2 as plan B? My friend, a Stage 2 should almost always be plan A.

ShadowCacnea
09/19/2003, 03:54 PM
If you want to use the time to power up a stage 2 evo, then, like dkates said, it has to be plan A. Otherwise there's more effective (and faster) cards to play.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 03:57 PM
Stage 2's that evolve with cards like breeder don't need to be plan A. Besides, Espy is far stronger than Shiftry. This definately won't be my permanent EON deck anyway.

dkates
09/19/2003, 04:01 PM
You could always continue the high-Energy theme by using Gardevoir and/or Gardevoir ex instead of Shiftry, or the low-Energy/Energy denial theme by adding ER2's and dropping Espy.

ShadowCacnea
09/19/2003, 04:02 PM
Doesn't matter. Run other cards instead of stage 2 cards. Stage 2's have to be plan A, or they won't se play, which makes them royal wastes of space.

HYPER EEVEE
09/19/2003, 04:57 PM
Doesn't matter. Run other cards instead of stage 2 cards. Stage 2's have to be plan A, or they won't see play

Dek
09/19/2003, 05:17 PM
I like the idea of the Seedot family, but for a deck like this, I would suggest using Delcatty from Sandstorm. It would work very well with this kind of deck.

Pidgeotto Trainer
09/19/2003, 05:46 PM
Almost for sure Igglybuff will not be in e-on. The sets have shown that they are taking away the free retreat babies. They wouldn't leave behind those couple promos. The Best Promos are the only question.

Dendrobatida
09/20/2003, 08:30 AM
I'm in agreement that Espeon (sandstorm) is a nasty poke, but it seems that shiftry's pokemon power and espeon's second (strong) attack are at odds...Shiftry alone is wicked, espeon alone is wicked, but what is the benefit of playing one poke whose attack does more damage for more energy (attached to opponent's pokes), and another poke whose power removes energy, and whose attack does more damage for less energy (attached to the defending)? It seems counterintuitive to me. You could, perhaps, pair shiftry with some other pokemon, such as one who uses an attack that requires energy to be equal to be at its most effective (I think most of them fall under the name of syncronize, or something to that effect), or with something that does damage based upon opponent's hand size, which Shiftry increases on a coin flip (gardevoir ex, or one of the slowkings...Is there an Aquapolis one? My memory is not doing me any favors today). I suppose I can see wanting to put your opponent into a "darned if I do [attach energy], darned if I don't" scenario, but in this game of speed, you can't really afford to spread your deck over the two disparate, and conflicting, strategies. I'd try speed shiftry (4-2-4, with 4 rare candy and some wynaut or dunsparce for early speed), or espeon with BBP (pokemon ex work well...maybe stick with psychic and go 2 mewtwo ex and 2 wobuffett, with wynaut for early game fun). You could even go shiftry/electric, since that covers against any strong metal pokemon you might face. Sandstorm elekid and electabuzz are a nasty combo, even against scizor when shiftry is on the bench, yanking those metals away.