PDA

View Full Version : Scizor Prime Deck (possibly for BRs)

TexasTorchic
09/17/2010, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone,

This is a pretty plain Scizor Prime deck. I've done a little research and looked into what others are testing and considering for it. I've seen Steelix and Scizor suggested, Scizor and Flygon, Scizor and Nidoqueen, etc. I quite liked Darkrai079's suggestion of Metagross and Scizor (http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132768) as well.

4 Scyther PL 130
3 Scizor UD 84
1 Scizor MD 29
4 Skarmory UD 21
2 Uxie LA 43
1 Azelf LA 19
1 Chatot MD 55
1 Doduo SV 102
1 Dodrio UD 11

4 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Looker's Investigation
3 Conductive Quarry
2 Lucian's Assignment
1 Luxury Ball
3 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Energy Exchanger
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point

8 Metal Energy (Basic)
4 Metal Energy (Special)

Strategy: It's the classic Scizor Prime setup; hopefully I open with Skarmory and use Skarmory's "Steel Coat" attack to begin building Scizor Prime on the bench for an early-to-mid-game sweep with "Metal Scissors".

Techs: Dodrio's Poke-Body offers retreat reduced by :colorless::colorless:, Chatot is there to help me get out of a bad hand, Scizor MD is an alternate attacker that punishes other Pokemon for the usage of Special Energy cards, Looker's Investigation is simply my personal preference for a shuffle-and-draw supporter (I get to look at their hand at the price of one less card than I would get for Professor Oak's New Theory and possibly disrupt them along the way), and everything else seems more or less self-explanatory.

I won't claim to know anything about the deck-- I'm more of a stage two player (last season was predominately CurseGar, and before that it was Gardevoir/Gallade and then later Machamp for me) so I'm kind of going into this blind. Any suggestions and constructive criticism are very, very welcome.

rokman
09/17/2010, 12:27 PM
conductive quarry and ssu are gross. flips are bad dude

4 energy exchanger is too much. 3 is plenty

3 belt seems like 1 too many also

TexasTorchic
09/17/2010, 01:05 PM
conductive quarry and ssu are gross. flips are bad dude

4 energy exchanger is too much. 3 is plenty

3 belt seems like 1 too many also

I agree, I'm not big on flips. Suggestions on what to add in?

Lloyd
09/17/2010, 03:04 PM
I suggest +4 reversal (it's flippy yes, but it's always good in a deck like this).
You need a counter to Dialga G. Reversal it's also a good card against him. Then if you find a space for a tech fire..

Acmeminer
09/17/2010, 03:39 PM
SSU's are really good, why would you take them out?

rokman
09/17/2010, 04:01 PM
SSU's are really good, why would you take them out?

because 50% of the time they are a wasted card?