PDA

View Full Version : Regional Championships????

Pokeplayer
01/10/2005, 12:59 PM
In the recent announcement for Worlds to be held next August in San Diego, PUI announced Regional Competitions...

So PUI..When and where will Regionals be held??? :clap: :clap:

mewsmom
01/10/2005, 05:59 PM
In the recent announcement for Worlds to be held next August in San Diego, PUI announced Regional Competitions...

So PUI..When and where will Regionals be held??? :clap: :clap:

The Regional Championships will be held in thirteen locations in May 2005. Results of this event will count towards your rankings.

Northwest
Northern California
Southern California
Mountain West
Midwest
Southern Plains
Mississippi Valley
Great Lakes
New England
Northeast
Mid-Atlantic
Eastern
Southeast

Pidgeotto Trainer
01/10/2005, 07:06 PM
So is this instead of Stadium challenges?

Big Daddy Snorlax
01/10/2005, 07:59 PM
So is this instead of Stadium challenges?

Correct, Regionals replaced Stadiums, and improved upon them IMHO.

BDS

Prof Clay
01/10/2005, 08:06 PM
Looks like many more chances for folks to get out there and win a slot and a trip to World's. I like it

The Gorn
01/10/2005, 08:25 PM
So where there were 3 Stadiums last year, now we've got 13 regionals? WOW! And with incredible prize support as well.

Very impressive.

Pokemon must be treating Nintendo very well (for they are, in turn, treating Pokemon players very well indeed).

mysterioustrainer
01/10/2005, 10:19 PM
Yes, I believe Regionals were meant to replace Stadiums for two reasons. First it is like a "optional" fourth step in the Championship series. Regionals helps gets players together from different states to see who is king of the rockies or master of the mississippi or whatever. Stadiums was a huge sucess last year and POP wanted to make sure everyone has a more fair chance to enjoy the benefits of these popular events. Which is why there is more locations and the more appropriate need for a name change.

Stadiums are not gone entirely. Stadiums exist internationally as POP is more limited abroad I believe. Forgive me if I offend any international Pokemon Players or professionals as I am not as familar with International OP as I would like to be.

Pokekid
01/11/2005, 04:44 PM
ooo hopefully i n canada

Pokekid
01/11/2005, 04:45 PM
oooo hopefully there is one in canada(i live bt one of the 5 great lakes)

Dom
02/03/2005, 07:41 AM
Ok I don't know much about the US but isn't in weird that you've got like 50 or so states in your country... and out of only 13 regional championships, 2 are in california?

meganium45
02/03/2005, 08:27 AM
Not when you look at the active player base for those areas.

California DEFINITELY deserves 2 regionals.

All in all, the regionals look like they were very well divided...with a player base in mind.

I can't wait! I can't wait!

M45

Dom
02/03/2005, 08:37 AM
Ah right. I wasn't aware of that, I just thought it looked kind of strange =/

HypnosProjectHQ
02/16/2005, 04:12 AM
And there could be up to 3 in the midwest from the looks of things.

Come on Great Lakes or Midwest, be in Wisconsin/Illinois!

lookinforwailordex
03/08/2005, 03:47 PM
of course cali deserves the two

Pokeplayer
03/12/2005, 01:38 AM
??????????????????????????????????????????

Hot_Carl
03/12/2005, 01:52 AM
Very detailed post Pokeplayer. *Rolls eyes*

SoCal is an enormous area on it's own, it definatly should get it's own regional. San diego cities got 60 players on the same day as one further up north got around 40. So that's 100 socal players in one day. The Irvine prerelease got 106 players. Our states went up to 176 i believe, and not all of NorCal was represented that day.

Easily, SoCal gets it's own regional. (But we'll share it with Hawaii, they're cool.)

Spike
03/14/2005, 08:26 AM
I'll be in the southeast regionals (georgia here). A friend of mine (ShawodMordor) said southeast is sharing its regionals with puerto-rico??

mewsmom
03/14/2005, 09:36 AM
I'll be in the southeast regionals (georgia here). A friend of mine (ShawodMordor) said southeast is sharing its regionals with puerto-rico??

Your friend would be correct!

meganium45
03/14/2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah...and I think we all have a feeling where one of the REgionals will be held.

Any guesses on MS valley (TN, MO, AL, MS, AR, LA)

If you take that region and point to the center....it should be a pretty good hint.

Memphis here we come!

Now, for the upper midwest...it will be interesting to see if it goes to Chicago, or somewhere slightly farther north.

I am rooting for Chicago...but will be travelling further north if need be.

V.

bullados
03/14/2005, 11:12 AM
hopefully either Chicago, Brookfield, Manitowoc, Whitewater, or Rockford for that one. Anything further (Ames, Minneapolis) and I couldn't make it. Also, Great Lakes should (and hopefully will) be in either S Michican or N Indiana, again meaning that I could make one of those...

Pokeplayer
03/14/2005, 11:25 AM
NW Regional has been decided.........

meganium45
03/14/2005, 11:36 AM
I know there has been a midwest (Indiana/Ohio) regional decided....but you have to ask Derek about that!

M45

pichaque
03/14/2005, 12:10 PM
oooo hopefully there is one in canada(i live bt one of the 5 great lakes)

Nope. I emailed them...apparantly only in the US. They said *maybe* in the future there'll be a regionals in countries other than the US.

Pokekid
03/14/2005, 12:46 PM
Boooooooooo :mad: At least we got nats.. :biggrin: