PDA

View Full Version : Abomaswine Spread deck

ZeroWF
02/06/2011, 09:59 PM
I used to play a few years ago, but never super competative or anything. I joined a pokemon club recently, thinking it was for the videogame, but it's mostly CCG related. After playing a few games (With decks they lent me) I decided I wanted to play again, so I looked through the card search engine and some deck lists on here (To see the current staple t/s) and was able to throw this together. While I doubt that it will ever be good enough for tournament, I would like some help fixing it up to play the best it can.

Pokemon:20
4-4 Abomasnow SF
3-2-3 Mamoswine UD
4 Sableye SF

T/S/S:26
4 Pokedex
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Bebe's Search
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball

Energy:14
10 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless

The concept is pretty straight forward; Abomasnow and Mamoswine do absurd spread damage. Sableye seems pretty ridiculous as a set up card. Going first and getting to auto Pokemon Collector or Professor Oak's New Theory off impersonate seems really good to me. Using Pokedrawer and Pokedex because it should keep the deck small and managable. I might have 1 or 2 to many energies in the deck, I'm not really sure what kind of math is used with Double colorless energies. Thanks for the help in advanced!

mrbusterman11
02/06/2011, 10:18 PM
if i were you i woluld

- the mamoswine line
+ a solrok and the oppisite of solrok. (cant remeber its name. it looks like a moon) one of these two pokemon has a power that says if you have both of these pokemon in play that your opponet can not heal their pokemon
+ 3 pokemon collecter
+ poke blowers
- 1 rare candy
hope i wasent to confusing

ZeroWF
02/06/2011, 10:53 PM
if i were you i woluld

- the mamoswine line
+ a solrok and the oppisite of solrok. (cant remeber its name. it looks like a moon) one of these two pokemon has a power that says if you have both of these pokemon in play that your opponet can not heal their pokemon
+ 3 pokemon collecter
+ poke blowers
- 1 rare candy
hope i wasent to confusing

Thank you for the advice, but I have a few questions:
1. What exactly is wrong with mamoswine?
2. Is there alot of healing effects in the format to make running Solrock and Lunatune worth it, as neither can attack or do anything other than stop healing?
3. I have 2 pokemon collectors in already. Since I can't play 5, did you mean +1?

Thank you again for the help.

mrbusterman11
02/06/2011, 11:17 PM
Didn't see that u already had Pokemon collectors.
I thought The solrok and luntowne would just be a nice combo and is used in most abomosnow decks.they help against SP decks and other decks that just run healing cards or pokemon in general.
Mamoswine is a good spreading card (in my opinion) so if u want then u should just leave it I your deck
Hope I helped

patthemanvan
02/07/2011, 12:42 AM
The LunaSol combo stops Garchomp C snipes from the BDIF, LuxChomp. It's worth it. Also the mamoswine's just take up space. You should also look into getting 2 Uxie LA, 1 Azelf LA, and an Unown Q MD. They boost your consistency exponentially.