PDA

View Full Version : Gatrstoise, how does this look?

FMaholic
02/15/2011, 07:50 PM
Just thought up this decklist for Gatrstoise let me know how it looks.

x21 Pokemon
3-2-3 Feraligatr Prime
3-2-3 Blastoise UD
x2 Sableye SF
x1 Spiritomb Arceus
x2 Uxie LA

x20 Energy

x20 Water Energy

x19 TSS
x4 Rare Candy
x2 BTS
x4 Pokemon Communication
x4 Bebe's Search
x3 PONT
x2 Twins

Strategy

To use any of the three starter pokemon to help get out Feraligatr and then a Blastoise or other 'Gatr as quickly as possible and rain dance away. To be honest i'm quite unsure of the TSS list. Like I said i thought this out on the spot so there very well could be some much better choices.

Thanks for the help!

Greenmonkey89
02/15/2011, 08:04 PM
not bad first i would bump the line up on spirtomb take out the sableye add some pokemon collectors some seekers bring down the water enrgy and possibly throw in floatzol gl lvx

-2 sableyes
-5 water energy
-2 bebe's search
-1 pokemon communication

+3 pokemon collector
+2 spirtomb
+2 seekers
+2-1 floatzel gl lvx

hope this helps

FMaholic
02/15/2011, 08:08 PM
not bad first i would bump the line up on spirtomb take out the sableye add some pokemon collectors some seekers bring down the water enrgy and possibly throw in floatzol gl lvx

-2 sableyes
-5 water energy
-2 bebe's search
-1 pokemon communication

+3 pokemon collector
+2 spirtomb
+2 seekers
+2-1 floatzel gl lvx

hope this helps

I love Floatzel GL lv. X's pokebody with this deck, great combo, thanks!

Greenmonkey89
02/15/2011, 08:10 PM
no problem man it helped alot when i ran this deck cuz it would help save the energies for me

UkeleleMilo
02/15/2011, 08:20 PM
I'd take out about... 4-5 energy (at LEAST. 20 is WAY overkill/unnecissary) and add at LEAST 2 pokemon collector.

Add a Politoed chain? I think it RULES in all water decks. (It lets you free switch any water pokemon from the bench to the active. this isn't free retreat, so it can defeat statuses and stuff like sleep/paralyzed)

And is Spiritomb really necessary? :o I'd pick either Sableye OR Spiritomb... you want to start with one, but it's quite difficult to start with both. :\ If you choose to oust Sableye, you're gonna need like... 4 Collectors, if not... 2 is fine.

I'd also suggest some discard recovery. Fisherman would be BRILLIANT in this deck, because if a blastoise gets KO'd, then you can fisherman to get 4 waters back in your hand. Palmer's is also GREAT if you want to get out some Pokemon late game (or early game after opponent takes a few quick prizes)

Also, you need a way to draw out some energy... I'd suggest Interviewer's Q's with this many energies. Also, you could stick in some Cyrus's to search out a needed Support and an energy.

You also don't have any Expert Belts in here. Is this by choice? IMO, any 'tank' style deck (130 hp + pokemon as main attacker) should have 1-3 of them to keep their tank alive and killing longer so it can take more prizes. If not, that's your choice :)

-*Sorry, I keep looking at the list and scrolling back down... So i keep seeing things that could possibly be revised or added. :p*-

I think that's about it for now. :) I just think you should look at your T/S/S lines to find out what you need in there... because it really is missing some stuff. However (disclamer*) I am a NOOB. I have been playing for 3-4 months... and have competed in NO tourneys (well... a prerelease and went 4-1. but that was a booster draw tourney :p) and been to League a total of 0 times. so... take from this what you will, but I think it's quite logical :)
thanks for reading all the way through :)