View Full Version : special dark vs. basic dark
05/18/2012, 07:21 PM
Ive been testing a zoroark weavile deck for a couple weeks now. I was wondering if special dark is needed in the deck. With a full bench zoroark hits for 120(140 with dark claw), i havent found many times when i wished that 140 damage was 150 damage. Darkrai hits for 90(110 with dark claw), there arent many pokemon that 120 damage 1 shots that 110 damage doesnt. Most pokemon in the current format are 110 or less or 130 or more. 120 is not a magic number that makes a difference. I have the full 4 dark claws to add the damage lost by not running special dark. Just wanted to hear everyone reasons
05/19/2012, 06:40 AM
so many questionings of techs lately...
Special Dark is superior because it:
- deals extra damage after Dark Claw is negated by eviolite,
- provides 10 extra damage with no drawback, which frankly I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to use it when they could,
- it makes you look more professional :thumb:
- makes it easier to use pluspowers to KO bigger basics just out of range (Reshiram, Zekrom, TERRAKION <--important dude to KO, etc.)
so you get the idea. More damage means more winning :)
what is bad about special dark against reg dark:
-it can be LR'd/EH'd
- Dark Patch can't be used to attach it
- It isn't effective with Tornadus-EX (kind of reaching it, but...)
That would be about it I suppose.
So it would seem to me that the pros outweigh the cons.
Now bear in mind that I don't play dark decks personally, so I may not be the optimal guy to ask, but judging from experience against dark decks and going with what I believe to be the most logical course of action... I would say definitely play your 4 special darks over 4 other regs. They're just better :thumb:.
05/19/2012, 07:00 AM
My list is running 8 Dark, 3 DCE and 3 SP Dark which is working really well personally. The energy count is perfect and you have enough dark energy to use Dark Patch whenever you want.
05/19/2012, 03:34 PM
I tock out all the special darks out of my zoroak deck. I found more of a pain' because it cant do any thing in the discard pile and it cant be moved with energy switch and it can be lost removered off.
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.