PDA

View Full Version : NW Regional Championships May 28, 2005

Pokeplayer
03/13/2005, 01:10 AM
Hello all..

BDS Oregon PTO and I, Wash PTO are proud to jointly announce the NW Regional Pokemon Tournament......

Here are the details...

Holiday Inn Portland Airport
8439 N.E. Columbia Boulevard
Portland, Oregon 97220
John Q Hammons Hall

Date: May 28, 2005

Main Tournament Starts at 11:00 am

Holiday Inn Information
For Information or Reservations Call
(503) 256-5000

Players will fill in deck lists. Deck doctors and Deck checkers will be present during registration to help out to tweek your decks.

MODIFIED FORMAT:
This is a MODIFIED CONSTRUCTED tournament. Modified decks may only include cards from the following Pokémon sets:
Ruby & Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, Hidden Legends, Fire Red & Leaf Green, Team Rocket Returns, Deoxys, Emerald, EX: Trainer Kit, POP Series 1 promo cards, Black Star Promo cards numbered 001 and higher, basic energy cards from any set. Cards from the World Championships Decks are not legal.

Players will play in age modified swiss rounds. Players play in each round. Number of rounds depends on attendance. Separate age pods will be run for each age group, 10 under, 11-14 and 15 & older (if enough players). Swiss rounds will be one 30 minute game. Finals will be top 4/8/16 depending on size of each pod. Finals will be best 2/3 matches.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
• Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
• Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
• Scholarship award worth $1500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)
• $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (this allowance will be given on-site at the event)
• Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
• Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
• Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
• Scholarship award worth $1000 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

3rd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
• Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

4th Place

• Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: (bring your own GBA and FireRed & LeafGreen game) Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Latias and Latios are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark). Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

8 Person Mini-Tournaments: We will run 8 person Booster Drafts and/or Theme Deck Tournaments throughout the day, as soon as we get 8 people signed up. The tournaments will most likely start as the main tournament is finishing. All cards used are yours to keep. Prizes for 1st - 4th places will be EX Emerald Boosters. Entry fee - $15.00

UNLIMITED Super Battle: Dust off that old Unlimited Deck, or build a new one. After a full day of Modified, here’s your chance to use any English Pokemon card printed (except Ancient Mew). Grand Prize is a Nintendo DS! Other prizes will be EX Emerald Boosters (the amount of prizes depends on the number of players). Entry fee - $10.00

Go to the following link for general Regionals information.....

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/faqs/2004-2005/regionals_faq.asp

Rainbowgym
03/13/2005, 11:54 AM
LOL - What's it going to be 28 March or 28 May?????

Pokeplayer
03/14/2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks...typo fixed...

Big Daddy Snorlax
03/14/2005, 05:23 PM
I will point out that this is unofficial until you see it on the PUI website, but since Terry and I decided to do a joint application, it kind of reduced the competition. :wink:

While the details still need to be worked out with PUI, we wanted to let you know the date (it is actually May 28th) and the location so you can make plans early. The 28th is the start of Memorial weekend, so take a nice vacation to the Oregon Coast, stopping in Portland on Saturday! :thumb:

BDS

GrandmaJoner
03/20/2005, 10:06 PM
Damn it's in Oregon. Oh well, longer drive. I'll still be there. ROFL I love how they put Alaska in the northwest region ;/ Jermy WHERE ARE YOU <3

Dark Legendary Master
03/20/2005, 10:30 PM
Hey great to hear you're coming Sebastion. Expect to have a rematch from me there. I promise you :thumb: . And I've already started my training so I won't be no easy pushover. I promise I'll be twice or more as tough as i was in Port Coquitlam. You can count on that.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
03/21/2005, 07:34 AM
uhhhhh... Bored... Need tourys... *Time travel* HOORAY!!! Well I look forward to this one. But first EX: Emerald!!! Good ol GatreEX! :smile:

Dark Legendary Master
03/21/2005, 12:14 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Jeremy, but there's a strong chance that the next set is not GS, meaning no Gatre ex for now. I say this because there's still several other cards they have which are yet to be released here. We don't really actually know what this set will contain. How many times before have they tricked us and sent out a completely different set? Sorry but I see a strong chance that Emerald is not GS. We just have to wait and see.

Articjedi
03/21/2005, 02:02 PM
Hmmm, oregon again? lol, if I win I can pick up those 300 bucks nintendo owes me for states.

Dark Legendary Master
03/21/2005, 04:16 PM
I could have sworn that 300 bucks was travel allowance given to you at Nationals, isn't it?

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
03/21/2005, 04:18 PM
EX: Emerald is the next set Seth. So sorry but YES YAY GATREEX!!!

Dark Legendary Master
03/21/2005, 05:28 PM
Yes EX Emerald is the next set, but no one ever said that Emerald is indeed Golden Sky Silvery Sea, the set in Japan which has Gatre. It may just be a combination of several other cards from Japan like QCP that we're yet to get.

Articjedi
03/21/2005, 05:28 PM
no, but if I get a trip to origins, I actually have some incentive to grab those 300 for what now becomes a free trip. If I don't win, it's not worth spending the 1000 or so to go to origins to get the travel allowance.

Dark Legendary Master
03/21/2005, 06:00 PM
I thought the top prize was a trip to worlds... :confused:

Pidgeotto Trainer
03/21/2005, 06:55 PM
Yes EX Emerald is the next set, but no one ever said that Emerald is indeed Golden Sky Silvery Sea, the set in Japan which has Gatre. It may just be a combination of several other cards from Japan like QCP that we're yet to get.
Yeah, the lack of knowing whats in this set is making any kind of preparation for the next month (before the pre-release) very annoying. Are we getting Milotic? Are we getting Gatr? We don't know and it makes me so angry.
And I'm pretty sure there is a trip to WORLDS on the line. There may also be the same 300$ Nationals package but no free trip I think.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
03/21/2005, 06:59 PM
No Emerald is golen sky silvery sea. I'm 99% sure. :wink: MiloticEX was in one of those special decks Japan got the others were Camerupt, Cacturne, Rachui(Another RaichuEX), like the psychic one was Slowking or something I fogot.If MiloticEX is in Emerald I do not know. I do know we can expect Ganium, Gatre, another Ty, T-tar, Espeon, and most likely Umbreon EXs.

Pidgeotto Trainer
03/21/2005, 07:28 PM
Jeremy you don't have all the info or else you would not be 99% sure of anything.

Dark Legendary Master
03/21/2005, 09:56 PM
No one knows. We have to wait. Emerald version is a combination of Hoenn and Johto Pokemon. If I remember correctly, Golden Sky Silvery Sea is supposed to be Johto Pokemon only. So looking at this, we have to expect it will be a combination of Pokemon from both Hoenn and Johto, not just Johto. We've already seen Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, and Doexys speed form on the prerelease poster, which suggest those might be in the set. That already changes everything around. Those pokemon are from Hoenn.

Karate_Kid
03/22/2005, 01:26 AM
calm down everybody...this is the NW REGIONALS page, not EX EMERALD prerelease page...and to answer all questions, it will most likely be a combo of the Pre Con Decks and Golden Sky Silvery Sea (EX EMERALD) set...but back to topic?? Since BDS and Pokeplayer are combining forces to bring this REGIONAL...is BDS throwing the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA one again??? was just wondering...cause our PTO is only doing the SOUTHERN CALI one?? just would like to know if you could either post up some info on this or PM me, cause last year's roadie to Berkley was AWESOME!!

thanks

Scizor
03/22/2005, 03:37 PM
Jesse- Karl is doing Norcal Regionals as well. Hopefully the dates cooperate we have the opportunity to go to 3 regionals =x

GrandmaJoner
03/23/2005, 10:21 AM
Crap I wouldn't want to have to deal with the almighty Chad at my regionals...May as well stay home on this one.

Karate_Kid
03/23/2005, 05:24 PM
Jesse- Karl is doing Norcal Regionals as well. Hopefully the dates cooperate we have the opportunity to go to 3 regionals =x
Yo Chad...hey man, pretty sweet!! I wasnt sure if he was getting it or not, but right on man...it's that his site only had the So Cal one up, but nothing on the Nor Cal...very cool man, thanks for the heads up!! C'ya at Regionals :thumb:

lates

Scizor
03/23/2005, 08:26 PM
OMG, 4th at Worlds is going, i shouldn't even bother. Oh it was 11-14? OOOOPS never mind.

GrandmaJoner
03/26/2005, 11:07 AM
lol chad why do you put your tournaments in your signature? woo top 8 GC ;/ woo 11th states ;/ I can understand putting like WORLDS, but everything else is kinda queef ;/

Articjedi
03/28/2005, 09:54 AM
Meh, what does it matter, all you guys better make it up here (or down here if you're joner). I wouldn't want taking regionals to be that easy, then again, I just might.

tecdecs
03/28/2005, 09:39 PM

sorry to burst your bubble chad but NorCal regionals is being held by Susan B. not Karl and NWR and NCR are the same date, you gotta choose chad.

Big Daddy Snorlax
04/02/2005, 11:05 PM
We are working on the list of side events. We'll have a number of booster drafts, using Emerald most likely; a Game Boy tournament; perhaps some Theme Deck Challenge tournaments; and some kind of constructed tournament. If we did an Unlimited constructed tournament after the cut to Top xx would anyone be interested?

BDS

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
04/02/2005, 11:07 PM
Definatly mwah. You know me. Competitive as always!

Pokeplayer
04/14/2005, 06:51 PM
Like BDS Said above.....We are working on the list of side events.....

I hope to see alot at Regionals....

AbsolutelyNobody
04/24/2005, 11:35 AM
Oh, no, im gonna go cry in a corner, i have a wedding i have to go to, no reigonals for me ;_;.....v_v *sobs*

HoennAsh
04/24/2005, 01:35 PM
I feel sorry for you Cason since u have lost a chance to go to worlds but there is still gym challenges. Hope you have a fun time at the wedding while someone is gonna win your trip. j/k.

Pokeplayer
04/25/2005, 11:04 AM
I was talking with BDS last week..

We are finalizing the list of side events and hopefully should have some flyers for this weekends Pre Releases in Oregon...

Just be patient..

This will be the BEST Regionals.........

Pokeplayer
05/05/2005, 07:30 PM
Flyers are out..

The side events will be listed soon...

wolf52525
05/08/2005, 06:44 PM
well, I really want to do the unlimited side event but I also plan on making top xx. (well I plan on winning but you will just have to trust me on that one). Should I even put an unlimited deck together or is there a chance it will be later?

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/09/2005, 07:35 PM
Better start putting it together Trevor. :wink:

MonkeyMan8889
05/09/2005, 08:57 PM
I made top 8! yay!

wolf52525
05/10/2005, 05:16 AM
It might be top 16

Peachyoto
05/10/2005, 11:18 AM
Whooo! We can start a no deck club. :thumb:

I still need to work out my ride situation as well.

GrandmaJoner
05/10/2005, 05:32 PM
Wow Wolf lmao even Levi or me or Matt who have actually accomplished things in the Pokemon TCG wouldn't make a post saying "I'm going to make top 2 at regionals ;/" Pretty lame ;/

wolf52525
05/10/2005, 05:39 PM
I would like to take this chance to formally retract all my above posts that have now been edited. It was brought to my attention that they where not taken as they where meant to be and I give my appolgys. I meant no offence and did not mean to sound too cocky but if you go check out the Oregon states thread and read it you will see where it came from. Again to those I offended no hard feelings. :thumb:

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/11/2005, 12:12 AM
No! No more peace treaties, retracted statements and ceasefires!
Look at other regionals threads with over 200 posts of acceptable trashtalk.
I wanna hear some cocky pointless statements over this regionals and I don't want to see anyone back down.
We gotta do this right!
I want to see people get mean, get angry and start bragging whose Dunsparce is bigger.
Now that I have said all that I will start us off. *Adds 61st card*
MY Deck HAS MORE CARDS THAN YOURS, I'M GONNA WIN! What Now guys???
:cool:

Articjedi
05/11/2005, 08:15 AM
cool, I made top 8 and I still haven't decided on the deck. I'll just use that emerald theme deck I got through less than legal means, hehehe.

pokeMATHter
05/11/2005, 11:36 AM
Too bad I can't play my BODYGUARD deck. I OWNED everyone with it last Saturday. Bow to my fearsome GOLBAT! LEACH LIFE rules all!

Articjedi
05/11/2005, 02:15 PM
I'd never thought I'd hear that come from MATHter.

pokeMATHter
05/11/2005, 08:25 PM
I'd never thought I'd hear that come from MATHter.

I was inspired by Pidgeotto Trainer.

MonkeyMan8889
05/11/2005, 09:46 PM
We just got dominated =(

Pokeplayer
05/12/2005, 11:17 AM
Pokemather won the POP backpack with his wild Fossill deck......

pokeMATHter
05/12/2005, 11:22 AM
Now you all better watch out for the Unlimited Side event! That Fossil Theme Deck is going to win me the DS!

Pokeplayer
05/12/2005, 11:42 AM
No it won't PokeMather..

My base Gastly and Neo Dunsparce deck shall win.........

psychicmaniac
05/12/2005, 12:02 PM
You people are starting to frighten me! And you know how easily I scare. NOT!!!!

MonkeyMan8889
05/12/2005, 03:14 PM
Its go time David, Im calling you out! :P

Hopefully the unlimited side event isnt during the top 16 because I dont want to have to drop and lose my shot at a trip, just to dominate your fossil precon.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/13/2005, 08:34 PM
YOU ALL SUCK!!! I CoULD PLAY IN 15+ 11-14 10- ALL AT THE SAME TIME WITH A 80 CARD DECK THAT IS ALL UNLIMITED GET DQED AND STILL WIN ALL AGE GROUPS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/13/2005, 09:06 PM
Well I could play in any division and win using a good deck and great strategy. HA, BEAT THAT ONE!

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/14/2005, 05:53 PM
Well I could play in any division and win using a good deck and great strategy. HA, BEAT THAT ONE!
OK! I CAN PUNCH YOU IN THE STOMACH AND WIN WITH 58 DUNSPARCE IN MY DECK SINCE YOU LOSE CAUSE YOU DIE AND GET DIQuALIFIED AHAHAAHAHAAHHAAH!!!

Pokeplayer
05/15/2005, 08:51 PM
two weeks away

JakeCinco
05/16/2005, 12:39 AM
Original deck u say??????? well as a member of team LA i know for a fact that my buddy leo is
the true shedinja master. I there when he built the deck and gave him all my advice. I was there
when he pwned at regionals and states. So stop "scouting" hung and play your own decks.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/16/2005, 07:58 AM
Original deck u say??????? well as a member of team LA i know for a fact that my buddy leo is
the true shedinja master. I there when he built the deck and gave him all my advice. I was there
when he pwned at regionals and states. So stop "scouting" hung and play your own decks.
Wrong topic mait.

Flaming_Spinach
05/16/2005, 03:18 PM
Could someone please post the list of side-events here.

i wan to know what they are and I can't make it to any local tournies before regionals.

Thankyou!!

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/17/2005, 09:05 PM
Whats a flaming spinach do? Does it beat gardy?

Big Daddy Snorlax
05/17/2005, 10:16 PM
Could someone please post the list of side-events here.

i wan to know what they are and I can't make it to any local tournies before regionals.

Thankyou!!

Side Events

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: (bring your own GBA and FireRed & LeafGreen game) Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Latias and Latios are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark). Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

8 Person Mini-Tournaments: We will run 8 person Booster Drafts and/or Theme Deck Tournaments throughout the day, as soon as we get 8 people signed up. The tournaments will most likely start as the main tournament is finishing. All cards used are yours to keep. Prizes for 1st - 4th places will be EX Emerald Boosters. Entry fee - $15.00

UNLIMITED Super Battle: Dust off that old Unlimited Deck, or build a new one. After a full day of Modified, here’s your chance to use any English Pokemon card printed (except Ancient Mew). Grand Prize is a Nintendo DS! Other prizes will be EX Emerald Boosters (the amount of prizes depends on the number of players). Entry fee - $10.00

BDS

Pokeplayer
05/17/2005, 11:50 PM
Site updated on first page..

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/18/2005, 01:35 PM
Side Events

BDS
Are the unlimited tournament and draft stuff at different times? *Has a feeling will say no but hopes not*

puyallup_phantom
05/18/2005, 03:03 PM
Can my Poliwhirl participate in any of the festivities? I could give it a deck and it would beat anyone who opposes it, based on the fact that anyone who has to sit across from a plushy w/ a deck would go insane trying to read its ultimate poker face. The only problem is that Poliwhirl has a nasty habit of Doubleslaping any one who talks smack about it or tries to abuse it, so Poliwhirl would proboly get DQ'ed before anything even gets started (Just ask anyone at the Lakewood, WA ex-Emerald Prerelease, they know what I'm talking about.) :)

If not, Poliwhirl and I will rule the booster draft together, hahahaha.

puyallup_phantom

P.S. If you haven't figured it out by now, Poliwhirl is a toy. If not, I guess I'm not the only crazy one around here.

puyallup_phantom
05/18/2005, 07:18 PM
Why does the GB Tourney have a cutoff at 70. It doesn't make any sense. I have my Pokemon trained at 50, 75, and 100 because that make sense to me (multiples of 25 rule). Don't get me wrong, my starters are in the 60's from FR and will be ready to beat people down, but I don't like the idea of not being able to use the team I raised for battle tower in FR/Ruby and am currently using in the Frontier on Emerald (pure evil if I do say so myself)

Also, what's wrong with Shining Pokemon. A person has no advantage using one, they just look cool, like my Blue-eyed Beedrill.

Maybe it just sounds like I'm complaining, but I have my reasons. My Poliwhirl would like an explanation, but if your not allowed to speak to Pokemon, I'll read the message instead.

puyallup_phantom

If you want to see the Beedrill, find me at Regionals. My binder will say, THE PUYALLUP PHANTOM on the front.

wolf52525
05/19/2005, 02:08 AM
I would like to take this chance to retract my retractment of somthing I said, it turns out I don't care what you think of me and I am very cocky so yeah, I'm gonna make top 4, yeah im gonna make top 2 and I might, with a little luck, win the whole thing. so there! :eek: and I don't wanna join neo anyways joner! :cool:

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/19/2005, 08:10 PM
A retracted retraction makes you worse than the EXPOS! :eek: (The Montreal Expos of course.)
You know what that makes you? Terrible and Canadian. Joner's just Canadian. :cool:

puyallup_phantom
05/20/2005, 10:21 AM
I don't log on for a day (Thursday) and all the sudden we gots people talking about retracting retractations and being called terrible and Canadian. Hey birdman, give dances with numbers a year and you'll see him become American and sort of good. Anyone who plays Pokemon @ Covington should recognize I'm a sports fan (even though school interferes with Pokemon). Anyway, if you're going to compare someone w/ something, use Pokemon for that insult, like"Your about as useful as a Hitmonchan w/ its arms tied behind its back!" Thank you for your time.

Next time, lets try talking Pokemon, I mean, isn't that what this place was created for.

puyallup_phantom

The previous "rant" was paid for in any way by THE puyallup_phantom and his millions of fans.

P.S. I don't like to rant or insult people, but sometimes, a phantom has to take matters into his own hands.

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/21/2005, 10:25 AM
Disclaimer: Post 43 of this thread

And btw the Expos were the perfect comparison and you know it if your quite the sports fan. Anyone who knows ME knows I am the best combination of pokemon and baseball knowledge the world has ever seen. BTW, Hitmonchan was awesome in the day but I guess you couldn't see him through your ghostly shadow. :wink:

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/21/2005, 01:44 PM
Terrible Candians?! Huh?! Do we have any Terrible Candaians in Washington? I don't think so... At least last time I checked... Hmm... Okay kids put your hands above your heads and get on the wall! Strip em Mikey! "Machoke MAAA!" xD The mostt uckiest thing you could ever dream of seeing! Anybody got anything worse?

Pokeplayer
05/21/2005, 04:59 PM
I take exception to Canadians in Washington...

The Mrs is Canadian so watch it !

Articjedi
05/21/2005, 05:38 PM
oh canada your dollar really sucks
we give you a ten you give us 13 bucks
oh canada oh canada...

Pokeplayer
05/21/2005, 05:39 PM
Like the Everyready bunny..

They just keep on giving and giving and giving and giving.....

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/21/2005, 06:08 PM
About what I said earlier. Are they at different times that unlimited and booster draf? You know... That way you'l get more numbers... More money... For whatever cause the moneys going to or to your pocket or someoneleses I don't care... And I mean it's not like there is secret organization called the ABTP After Bed Time Police that will come and arrest us if we stay a little longer. I mean the hotel won't close down in 15 min. cause they don't get enough customers right?:wink: right? Right? RIGHT? OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!:eek:

lukerc10t4
05/22/2005, 08:08 PM
what is the chance of Ancient Pokemon Trainer not winning 10 and under at regionals

keebler
05/22/2005, 09:11 PM
first to start when im going to win regionals
then im going to go get my unlimited tech deck of shednija and miltank (miltank is a pokemon) and then im going to go crush levi and his good deck Or im going to go 0-2 drop and watch brian break a table like he did at washington states

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/22/2005, 09:22 PM
keebler is Stuart yes? Also miltank isn't a Pokemon. No such Pokemon as miltank. I know Miltank though. He probaly got mixed up. Anyways no one but me is getting that NintendoDS and winning the unlimited tournament. My awesome deck that's good... And wins and beats people... But didn't Brian like die? X_X In otherwords I thought he doesn't come to the tournaments anymore. If he does though I want to see more out of him. I want him to break the table with the computer on it. Yeah. It would be so awesome.

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/22/2005, 10:01 PM
The day will not be complete if Brian doesn't break a table. I may let him go by with just breaking a chair though....maybe.

puyallup_phantom
05/23/2005, 03:14 PM
I would just like to point out to the birdy (Pidgeotto Trainer), that the Expos are NO LONGER IN MONTREAL (Sorry, but I had to raise my voice to get this point across). The Expos are now in our nation's capital, and are the Nationals. We should no longer greet them with hostility, but embrace the fact that they have left "the dark side" and come to fight the good fight.

"Now if only we could ship Steinbrenner and the Yankees to Canada," the Phantom thinks to himself.

By the way, the Hitmonchan crack was not in reference to any cards, but to how useful a real Hitmonchan would be with its arms tied behind its back. Come folks, lets have a little imagination.

Also, @ regionals, I plan to have tons of Pokemon Eggs hatched, so if your looking for a Pokemon, or just want someone else's ID # for the Lilycove Lottery, you gots to find The Puyallup Phantom.

I am out!
puyallup_phantom

P.S. See you all in Covington for Pokemon League on Memorial Day!
P.S. #2 I by no means am insulting Canadians w/ this message. Canada has some of the best nature in on the face of the planet and is a good place for someone to go a spend a week of relaxing!

Pokeplayer
05/23/2005, 03:47 PM
Go MUK EX!!!!!!!!

GrandmaJoner
05/23/2005, 04:04 PM
Lol I was expecting that from you Terry, just didnt know when

Peachyoto
05/23/2005, 05:33 PM
Is there anyone that has room in their car and is willing to give me a ride? I am trying to go to this, but I need to work out my ride situation. Any offers would be greatly appreciated. =]

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/23/2005, 06:52 PM
Is there anyone that has room in their car and is willing to give me a ride? I am trying to go to this, but I need to work out my ride situation. Any offers would be greatly appreciated. =]
lol you'l find someone. Just put on your street closing! :tongue: Speaking of wich anybody that's cewl wonna give me a ride? Or I can just go w/ my mom... But then I play my GB til batterys run out and get bored. Come on ANYBODY? We all don't have to polute the earth. COME ON!

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/24/2005, 10:42 PM
4 days left until NorCal Regionals!!!!! :thumb:

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/25/2005, 03:43 PM
4 days left until NorCal Regionals!!!!! :thumb:
3!

keebler
05/26/2005, 07:26 AM
3!

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/26/2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah but 1 day if your leaving on Friday.

Pokeplayer
05/26/2005, 11:05 AM
What , A Traitor among us!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Pidgeotto Trainer said: "4 days left until NorCal Regionals!!!!!"

This Traitor must be dealt with......any thoughts????? :clap:

keebler
05/26/2005, 03:10 PM
maybe some one needs to get me a bag of keebler cookies

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/26/2005, 03:52 PM
Birdy boy - We all call him Birdy Boy now and take awasy his money and food
keebler - call him stue and ell him to shut up
Venasaur - He's cool
Pokeplayer - He catches things I can't :thumb:
me - i'm an idiot

Peachyoto
05/26/2005, 04:27 PM
Still looking for a ride if anyone has room. =p

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/26/2005, 06:52 PM
I was testing you guys and everyone but Terry failed. Failures in pokegym random boring games before major tournaments do not make top x cut 84% of the time. Too bad for you guys. :cool:

GrandmaJoner
05/26/2005, 07:35 PM
No, I didn't fail, it was just so lame that I didn't bother replying to it. And plus, I thought it was like a mistake or something, maybe you were just viewing the Norcal regionals topic IDK. LAME ALTOGETHER ROSS =(

See you guys there Friday night ;/

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/26/2005, 07:46 PM
I was testing you guys and everyone but Terry failed. Failures in pokegym random boring games before major tournaments do not make top x cut 84% of the time. Too bad for you guys. :cool:
But I'm 10 so it doesn't apply to me. =/

Peachyoto
05/26/2005, 10:10 PM
Hey Ross, your box is full. No luck yet.

puyallup_phantom
05/27/2005, 02:46 PM
Phantom thinks his Blastoise should hit Birdface with HydroCannon, then follow up with a Thunder from Raikou, Raichu, Lanturn, Electrode, and Sir Zapdos of the PowerPlant. Hahahahahahaha! That will teach the Birdy to be a traitor. Or, we could clip the birdy's wings, that should be fun!

What , A Traitor among us!?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Pidgeotto Trainer said: "4 days left until NorCal Regionals!!!!!"

This Traitor must be dealt with......any thoughts????? :clap:

Articjedi
05/27/2005, 03:09 PM
Can we stop acting like idiots now? It's just a simple matter of mutilating ross' pidgeotto figurines, do that and he'll never play again.

Peachyoto
05/27/2005, 03:51 PM
Anyone got room in there car for me, that isn't leaving tonight?

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/27/2005, 06:19 PM
You do not want to feel the rage of my Pidgeotto. Be forewarned. :cool:

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/27/2005, 09:18 PM
No you don't want to fear the wrath of my Pidgeot. Dude it's beak is sooooooooooo sharp I was almost crying when I scratched myself with it. I should have brought it. COME ON SOMEONE GIVE JAMES A RIDE!!! He needs to be at the tournament.

Dark Legendary Master
05/27/2005, 10:05 PM
WIsh we could get him on mine and Cory's ride down, but there's hardly enough room for me as it is.

Dark Legendary Master
05/27/2005, 10:09 PM
Can we stop acting like idiots now? It's just a simple matter of mutilating ross' pidgeotto figurines, do that and he'll never play again.

Cool let me at 'em, I'll OBLITERATE THEM! Stupid fat bird. Anyone up for KFP? Kentucky Fried Pideotto. LOL.

Peachyoto
05/28/2005, 09:16 AM
Good luck to you all! :thumb: Sorry I couldn't make it, I will definately be at the Gym Challenge though. =)

Pokeplayer
05/28/2005, 09:10 PM
Here are the standings and some of the results

Attendance 147

Breakdown

10 Under 37
11-14 40
15+ 70

10 Under

Semi Finals

Ryan W playing Jeremy S

Matt S playing Brandon D.

Decks

Ryan W Dark Hypno/Deoxy
Jeremy S Ludicargo/Lanturn
Matt S. Dark Dragonair/Ninjask
Brandon D Gardy/Gardy Ex

11-14 Complete

1st Mindy L. (only past female Pokemon World Champion) Played Ludicargo/Lanturn
2nd Joel A Played Muk Ex/Medicham EX
3rd Stuart B Played Rock Lock
4th Thor Played Zapdos Ex

15 older

Top 16 in order 1 -16

Ross S.
Francisco R.
Levi C.
Jeff C.
Trevor H
Lucas B
Andrew W
Sebastian C
Steven ??
David N
Johsua S.
Penny A
Jim L
Jeff C
Paul J
Lorn S

Top 8 Quarter Finals

Ross C
Sebastian S

Trevor H
Jeff C

Lucas B
Levi C

David N
Franciso R

There were 5 Booster Drafts and the Unlimited Tournament for the Nintendo DS is still under way..

We had the pleasure of Mike L from Pokemon USA in attendance...Thanks Mike..

NORTHWEST RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHPanda
05/28/2005, 09:40 PM
soo...... any updates?

AbsolutelyNobody
05/28/2005, 10:13 PM
Yes, any updates? Im logging on from my hotel in remote Washington (5 mins from the idaho border). Even being away for a wedding won't stop me from knowing. *crosses fingers for Trevor H.*. Congrats to Mindy! Glad you/she did well. And to Joel A.! Go Oregon! 2nd aint bad. Anyway...yes, updates!
thanks for getting atleast that up :clap:

O, andP.S. Good luck to Sebastian and Ross as well (but I got to root for oregon first)

Pokeplayer
05/29/2005, 12:09 AM
Finals..

10 Under winner Brandon D
2nd Matt S
3rd Jeremy S
4th Ryan W.

11-14 Complete

1st Mindy L.
2nd Joel A
3rd Stuart B
4th Thor.

15+

Winner Levi C. played Blaze
2nd Trevor H.
3rd Sebastian C
4th Francisco R.

More later...

Pokeplayer
05/29/2005, 12:11 AM
This was a great event with great Sportsmanship...

Three persons were elected to revieve "Spirit of the Game" awards for demonstrating good qualitites..

Each, one from each age group was given a complete 17 card set of Pop 1 Booster Packs..

WELL DONE BDS.......WELL DONE>>>>>>

Freddy K.
05/29/2005, 12:16 AM
WAY TO GO LEVI AND MINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

~fK

wolf52525
05/29/2005, 12:55 AM
yeah, yeah, levi got me in the end, ill get him next time :cool: . anyways, grats to all who placed well! :thumb:

Wow Wolf lmao even Levi or me or Matt who have actually accomplished things in the Pokemon TCG wouldn't make a post saying "I'm going to make top 2 at regionals ;/" Pretty lame ;/

hmmm..... seems like I was right.....anyways, we cool right joner? :thumb:

SuperWooper
05/29/2005, 06:15 AM
ROSS! YOU DIDN'T WIN! =""""""( :nonono:

Hey, T8 isn't bad, though, man. Too bad you had to face Joner in the Quarterfinals, though.

GJ Levi, Trevor and Joner. Looked as if it was a competitive Regional!

Hey Wolf, what'd you play?

AbsolutelyNobody
05/29/2005, 07:36 AM
Ah, well, good job trevor. And levi, and Sebastian. Man, are those washintoniians lucky I wasnt there in 11-14 =p

Pidgeotto Trainer
05/29/2005, 11:28 AM
I was the only undefeated of the 70 people in swiss if that matters. :frown:
I just had some lousy starts vs Sebastians Blaze (it was a matchup I wanted) but he played well and didn't give me a chance from that point.

wolf52525
05/29/2005, 12:27 PM
I ended up playing Drak draggy with a tech deoxys ex (normal form) worked great but levi had the edge and game 2 I got a bad start. REX is just evil! :rolleyes:

by the way, who/what ended up winning the unlimited tourny? I never heard. :eek:

GrandmaJoner
05/29/2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah well Wolf, nice job, I have to give you props. Althoguh I still don't like your original statement, at least you backed it up. I have to admit that I did underestimate you, you did well with Dragonite. Look for my report up soon, and cya at worlds.

wolf52525
05/30/2005, 04:06 AM
yeah, looking forward to a rematch for sure! :thumb: anyways, it was a great regionals, now on to GC!!!

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
05/30/2005, 08:54 AM
Yes... Onto GC... And we can forget about the past and stop making fun of me... And I'll play in 15+ in GC and come in 1st then you guys won't be able to make fun of me...

Pokeplayer
06/06/2005, 12:43 AM
Hello all...

With the final annoucement of the attendance at the Mid Atlantic Regionals in Pennsylvania, of 143 by Rainbow Richards on another link...

The NW Regionals is happy to annouce it had the highest attendance of all US Regionals with 147.. :clap: :thumb:

Articjedi
06/06/2005, 02:37 PM
So does that mean we get two regionals next year? Let's say Seattle and Eugene, since Massachusetts and New Jersey each got one.

Flaming_Spinach
06/06/2005, 07:39 PM
I can't believe that NW regionals+NoCal regionals= 229 players. And they were held on the same day!!

Next year we definatelly need one in Seattle/Spokane/somewhere near here.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
06/06/2005, 09:36 PM
who is flaming spinach?

Flaming_Spinach
06/07/2005, 12:41 AM
You have no business knowing.

Pokeplayer
06/07/2005, 01:11 AM
Regionals are striclty chosen by PUI based on there criteria...

Next Year if BC goes well, we might get another Gym Challenge in the NW in Canada...This is pure speculation and wishful thinking....

Kenshin's Garde
06/07/2005, 09:01 PM
Well that sucks . . . >_< I knew I should've run Kyogre. Darned Gardy.
-KG

Pokeplayer
06/07/2005, 10:26 PM
I am hoping and campaigning for Regionals next year to be held in Seattle but PUI determines the actual sites......... :biggrin: :thumb: :clap: