PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Trading Card Game Online MAC Version

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/08/2012, 02:39 PM
Hi!
why only PC-Windows user can download and run the Trading Card Game Online program?
Reading on the official Nintendo website the Mac Version will be released within days, months? Was not released an official date and then?
I created a simple porting of Windows version to Mac!
It's a bit larger of Windows version because the porting include some Windows filesystem to run.
The application was created on Mac OSX Mountain Lion and it work perfectly! (Only for Lion and Mountain Lion).

Preview Video Here (download or play) http://cl.ly/J0sq

The download link are not open to all people with direct link.
I prefer to use Dropbox because it's simple and I can share big files; for more info about what is Dropbox you can read here (https://www.dropbox.com/tour/1)
To download the application follow this instruction.

P.S. If you are already a Dropbox user, skip to step 4

1) Create your FREE acount with this Link (http://db.tt/cAZem5q)
2) To complete the registration check your mail.
3) Now you can login with your account previously created.
4) Send me with PM your email address that you use to login on Dropbox.
5) Now I can send you a request to share with you the Pokémon TCGO [MAC] folder.
6) When you accept my share you can see my shared file.
7) Download it and Enjoy!

Nintendo has released the official version of the software and the project was canceled.
I thank all the people who have joined the project out of curiosity or out of necessity.
Thank you all!

Thatguy99
08/08/2012, 08:54 PM
i downloaded it but when i try to open it it says it can't be opened. because of no mountable file systems. What do i do. I'm fairly new with mac so forgive me.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/09/2012, 04:06 AM
i downloaded it but when i try to open it it says it can't be opened. because of no mountable file systems. What do i do. I'm fairly new with mac so forgive me.

Really? I need to try from another Mac... just only open the .dmg file and drag and drop the .app application to your application folder.
Do you use Mountain Lion?

Thatguy99
08/09/2012, 10:03 AM
No I don't use mountain lion.
When I double click on the dmg. That's when it says that it can't mount.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/09/2012, 10:29 AM
I re-upload it without .dmg, only .zip file. I send to you via private message the link.

Thatguy99
08/09/2012, 11:47 AM
it is trying to going into my application folder but it says that its a read only file or i have permission problems. but i don't have parental controls.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/10/2012, 05:06 AM
Update with new version, now the app works for all.

Politoed666
08/22/2012, 11:40 AM
Working so far for me! This is amazing, thanks so much!

renfield89
08/22/2012, 07:02 PM
"You cannot use this version of the application ... with this version of Mac OS X" is the response I get from opening the file.

=/

CaterpiesAreOP
08/23/2012, 01:31 AM
You can run windows on newer MAC computers if you are really desperate to play TCGO. xD

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/23/2012, 04:52 AM
"You cannot use this version of the application ... with this version of Mac OS X" is the response I get from opening the file.

=/

It work only on Mac OSX Lion and Mountain Lion

Pablo
08/23/2012, 05:21 AM
Along with Snow Leopard, so regular Leopard might the one with the issues.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/23/2012, 05:45 AM
Along with Snow Leopard, so regular Leopard might the one with the issues.

Thanks for your test on older Mac OS

Politoed666
08/23/2012, 10:40 PM
Okay, encountering some problems. It's working sort of, but there are a bunch of spazzy lines on my screen.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not really working. A lot of the boxes that should have drop down menus or something are blank, and there are still a bunch of problems with the graphics. It's just like things are flashing all over the screen.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/24/2012, 05:13 AM
Okay, encountering some problems. It's working sort of, but there are a bunch of spazzy lines on my screen.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not really working. A lot of the boxes that should have drop down menus or something are blank, and there are still a bunch of problems with the graphics. It's just like things are flashing all over the screen.

yes I see some problem with graphics, I prefer to use the app windowed not fullscreen (Option inside the game)
I thing it's a problem of Nintendo because the game is a beta version full of little bug ;)

Pablo
08/24/2012, 09:15 AM
Mine has been working flawlessly to be honest, thank you once again for this PC_I!

Just one thing though, I wasn't able to play on Windowed mode, even after I enabled the option. Maybe I chose a screen resolution too big to notice the change? I just don't like the program overlapping my apps at the bottom of my screen. It's something minor though, aside from that, I get the weird graphics screen for like 3 seconds and then it goes away and everything is back to normal.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/24/2012, 10:32 AM
Mine has been working flawlessly to be honest, thank you once again for this PC_I!

Just one thing though, I wasn't able to play on Windowed mode, even after I enabled the option. Maybe I chose a screen resolution too big to notice the change? I just don't like the program overlapping my apps at the bottom of my screen. It's something minor though, aside from that, I get the weird graphics screen for like 3 seconds and then it goes away and everything is back to normal.

whenever changes are made in the options, I always suggest to restart the application.
The previously entered settings remain in effect after application restart.

Politoed666
08/24/2012, 11:17 AM
Well, I deleted and re-downloaded the application, and I'm still having the same problem. Tried Windowed as well, not working. I am using Lion.

I took a video of the problem which you can view here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqKIFBcrJc) From the beginning, you'll notice little shapes and text and whatnot flashing in and out, but it gets really bad when I go to view my collection.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/24/2012, 11:24 AM
Well, I deleted and re-downloaded the application, and I'm still having the same problem. Tried Windowed as well, not working. I am using Lion.

I took a video of the problem which you can view here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqKIFBcrJc) From the beginning, you'll notice little shapes and text and whatnot flashing in and out, but it gets really bad when I go to view my collection.

On my MacBook Pro 13 Late 2011 works fine without your glitch.
I do not know why you have this problem.

Politoed666
08/24/2012, 11:59 AM
Well, there's got to be some reason. I got this computer for Christmas, so it's also a late-2011 MacBook Pro. Should work.

I'll ask around and see if anyone else has any ideas.

SamSal
08/24/2012, 05:12 PM
Says due to excessive traffic your link has been suspended for 3 days. It'll be up by then, yeah?

JWittz
08/24/2012, 10:13 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for this. It's worked perfect for me on Mountain Lion for the past two days, and I've been having a great time testing out the program!

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/25/2012, 02:43 AM
Says due to excessive traffic your link has been suspended for 3 days. It'll be up by then, yeah?

yes after 3 days I can add the new link version ;)

Electrode
08/25/2012, 07:01 AM
I keep getting a fatal error and then a "this program needs to close." during any games I'm trying to play. I don't have any problems when redeeming codes and deck building, but it keeps crashing. I run Snow Leopard.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/25/2012, 07:46 AM
I keep getting a fatal error and then a "this program needs to close." during any games I'm trying to play. I don't have any problems when redeeming codes and deck building, but it keeps crashing. I run Snow Leopard.

Leopard and Snow Leopard are too old, update to Mountain Lion

thepokemonnetwork100
08/25/2012, 02:52 PM
ugh i need the link

DaGranny
08/25/2012, 03:42 PM
I'm also looking for the link :/

Pablo
08/26/2012, 02:35 PM
The program has been crashing for me a bit more often, but I think it might also have to do with my computer heating up or something since I'm playing while watching MLG.

PokemonCenter_Italy
08/27/2012, 11:54 AM
New links updated

chandeluregalore
08/27/2012, 04:10 PM
Cool, now I can play on my windows and mac. Also it's nice to have a client that I can adjust the size of it on screen.
EDIT: is this happening for anyone else? my play now button is grayed out

dialga master
08/30/2012, 08:00 PM
So judging from some responses, I should wait till I get Mountain Loin before I get it then?

Pablo
08/30/2012, 08:44 PM
I'm using it almost flawlessly on Snow Leopard so up to you.

Doryon
08/31/2012, 05:19 AM
I'm using it almost flawlessly on Snow Leopard so up to you.

Did you do anything special besides extracting the program into the Applications folder? Because I tried installing it on my Macbook with Snow Leopard and it won't start at all...

Pablo
08/31/2012, 01:30 PM
No I did not do anything special besides that. I don't think I even dragged it unto applications. It's still in my Downloads folder, and I just right clicked to make sure it stayed in the dock forever.

Politoed666
09/01/2012, 10:45 PM
Still not working on my Lion, I'm going to upgrade to Mountain Lion and see.

It seems like there are factors as to whether it will work on your computer separate and apart from your OS.

Prodigiosus
09/01/2012, 11:57 PM
Tried it out today. This works perfectly, thank you so much!

Politoed666
09/02/2012, 07:57 PM
Finally got it sort of working, but now it won't open. Probably the computer and not it. So, I trashed it and I'm trying to redownload it, but the links aren't working. They give me some stupid site that makes you pay. Supposedly they offer a free option, but when I go to it it says "your download will begin in a moment," but it never does.

smacktack15
09/03/2012, 12:41 AM
I have it working on my Macboom with Lion and Mac with Mountain Lion

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/03/2012, 04:48 AM
Finally got it sort of working, but now it won't open. Probably the computer and not it. So, I trashed it and I'm trying to redownload it, but the links aren't working. They give me some stupid site that makes you pay. Supposedly they offer a free option, but when I go to it it says "your download will begin in a moment," but it never does.

All link are free and you must wait seconds before downloading.
All filesharing sites are like that.
I believe that you have never downloaded anything from the internet...

Electrode
09/03/2012, 02:45 PM
I don't believe that was exactly what he was saying. He said he clicked the free option, but the download never began, even after waiting.

Politoed666
09/03/2012, 04:36 PM
I don't believe that was exactly what he was saying. He said he clicked the free option, but the download never began, even after waiting.

QFT.

I appreciate the effort it took you to make this, but read my post before giving me a smartass response next time. FWIW, I downloaded things from MediaFire for a long time, and I was never constantly redirected to external advertising sites.

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/04/2012, 11:37 AM
QFT.

I appreciate the effort it took you to make this, but read my post before giving me a smartass response next time. FWIW, I downloaded things from MediaFire for a long time, and I was never constantly redirected to external advertising sites.

OK I'm really sorry i don't understand very well XD (I'm Italian)
IMHO the the best link is GameFront because you do not have to wait some seconds like the other website ;)

Politoed666
09/04/2012, 01:13 PM
Figured it out. Thank you very much.

N3rd4Christ
09/04/2012, 01:45 PM
TY for progr. Been playing it for a couple weeks now

Doryon
09/06/2012, 12:25 PM
I still haven't managed to make this run on my Macbook with Snow Leopard. Could it be because the notebook is too old? It's only a 2GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB RAM, and it's like 7 years old.

When I try to open it, it just "hangs" there for a second or so and closes without any warning...

NeoChamp25
09/06/2012, 12:34 PM
I still haven't managed to make this run on my Macbook with Snow Leopard. Could it be because the notebook is too old? It's only a 2GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB RAM, and it's like 7 years old.

When I try to open it, it just "hangs" there for a second or so and closes without any warning...

It's highly unlikely this game will run with anything less then 2GB of ram. I have 6GB on my PC and if the client is the only thing running it is eating up just under 2GB. Not positive on that but if you could get it to run it would be extremely slow and would prob cause the client to crash on a regular basis. This happens when i visit family and use a PC with on 2GB on an old desktop they have. The lag is horrible and it eventually freezes all together and needs to be closed and reloaded.

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/06/2012, 12:35 PM

the problem isn't your macbook but your OS.
The app was created with Mountain Lion and the X11 app (The system process to run it) it's not full compatible with older OS than Lion.
You also can try with downloading this version of native X11 app from HERE (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases) (I think you must download the Final Leopard Release or the First release supported on Lion) but I can not ensure that you will run the application on your Mac
:| Also your RAM may not be enough...

Pablo
09/06/2012, 01:16 PM

I'm pretty sure it is a hardware issue. I run it on Snow Leopard flawlessly, but my computer is a 2 year old MacBook Pro, so I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with it, specially since you describe it as just hanging and then closing immediately. This happened to me before when trying to run software and it wouldnt boot because my hardware setting were too low.

Doryon
09/06/2012, 01:45 PM
I managed to get the application to run now - I think the first time I downloaded it must have been corrupted, since I checked the new download links and it was around 20MB bigger.

Now I'm getting stuck at the Loading screen, but it might be just the internet at work which is pretty bad, I'll try it again when I get home, thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated :)

edit: Turns out it was the connection over there which was blocking the updates, but now at home CakeRefresher won't load. It's just a black screen and apparently not doing anything (no network activity)

edit2: Managed to work around the update by copying the folder from my Windows computer, but now it won't login! lol

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/08/2012, 11:23 AM
I managed to get the application to run now - I think the first time I downloaded it must have been corrupted, since I checked the new download links and it was around 20MB bigger.

Now I'm getting stuck at the Loading screen, but it might be just the internet at work which is pretty bad, I'll try it again when I get home, thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated :)

edit: Turns out it was the connection over there which was blocking the updates, but now at home CakeRefresher won't load. It's just a black screen and apparently not doing anything (no network activity)

edit2: Managed to work around the update by copying the folder from my Windows computer, but now it won't login! lol

the update process sometimes like freezed but it's working, so do not close the application and you must wait around 5-10 minutes and then the app it's updated.

Doryon
09/09/2012, 12:10 PM
After trying to reinstall for the 4th time, I'm probably giving up. I tried copying my PTCGO folder from Windows and it'll get stuck on Authentication, tried leaving CakeRefresher on with a black screen for 30 minutes to check if it updated, and nothing happened.

I think it's something with my hardware, or maybe it just won't run on Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/23/2012, 09:28 AM
Update new version and download method
Thanks

Spoink
09/24/2012, 05:26 PM
When I click to open the application, it says "You cannot use this version of the application Pokemon Trading Card Game Online with this version of Mac OS X". Does this mean the version of the application is wrong or my mac is too old?

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/25/2012, 04:42 AM
When I click to open the application, it says "You cannot use this version of the application Pokemon Trading Card Game Online with this version of Mac OS X". Does this mean the version of the application is wrong or my mac is too old?

yes update your OS

Peegeray
09/25/2012, 12:26 PM
just wondering... is anyone else is having problems buying boosters with this? the program just seems to stop responding when i try, but my macbook pro has 4gb ram and is only 6 months old so i thought it would be able to run it with no problems (unlike my 3+year old windows laptop and desktop)
it's getting really frustrating that i haven't been able to buy packs since the last tcgo update

FREZZA
09/25/2012, 07:17 PM
How do i send u my stuff and whats a pm

xXMonsterEpXx
09/26/2012, 11:33 AM
Great post thanks for sharing

PokemonCenter_Italy
09/26/2012, 11:35 AM
How do i send u my stuff and whats a pm

send me your Dropbox Email with private messages.
thanks

Suffer
09/30/2012, 01:45 AM
Send me the Mac version thing please.

Xenochria
10/01/2012, 02:20 PM
Any way to fix the font so it's the same as the Windows one?

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/02/2012, 12:10 PM
Any way to fix the font so it's the same as the Windows one?

no I/you can't change the program font.

prozumb
10/02/2012, 06:18 PM
Is there a minimum processor speed required? Grazie.

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/03/2012, 05:13 AM
Is there a minimum processor speed required? Grazie.

Yes if you use olds Mac the program do not work, also you need one of the latest OS like Lion or Mountain Lion; the RAM it's important becouse the PTCGO it's a game create with Unity Engine and the minimum of RAM in my opinion is 2/3Gb.

prozumb
10/05/2012, 09:02 PM
We've upgraded our Mac and are playing PTCGO! Thank you a million!
We have a mid-2007 2.4 GHz Mac with 4 GB RAM and Mt. Lion. Ciao.

avepowell18
10/11/2012, 07:25 AM
I am new and do not know how to email you. So please send me the link. I have an 08 mac with mountain lion.

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/11/2012, 11:55 AM
I am new and do not know how to email you. So please send me the link. I have an 08 mac with mountain lion.

Hi,
Just click on my name and then send me a private message with your mail of Dropbox.
Thanks

avepowell18
10/11/2012, 01:52 PM
how do I know when you sent it?

---------- Post added 10/11/2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

all that pops up is a blank screen for me when i open ptcgo

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/11/2012, 02:29 PM
how do I know when you sent it?

---------- Post added 10/11/2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

all that pops up is a blank screen for me when i open ptcgo

wait for the official Nintendo version

EricDent
10/12/2012, 01:30 AM
Any chance to get an IOS version?
IE IPhone/Android?

That's the only Internet I have currently.

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/12/2012, 04:54 AM
Any chance to get an IOS version?
IE IPhone/Android?

That's the only Internet I have currently.

NO it's impossible, Nintendo has never released its games for other platforms.
Pokémon or Super Mario are owned by Nintendo and are released only for Nintendo consoles.
This Version of TCGO for PC and Later for Mac is only one exception.

avepowell18
10/12/2012, 12:26 PM
when is it avaliable the offician nintendo version for maC?

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/12/2012, 12:37 PM
when is it avaliable the offician nintendo version for maC?

No one knows the official date of release but nintendo said by end of year.

Mosetter27
10/13/2012, 05:30 PM
No one knows the official date of release but nintendo said by end of year.

they just released a thing on the official forums and said High possibility with Novembers big update...

lukegiglio
10/16/2012, 04:33 PM
Mine doesn't work.. freezes at cakerefresher window, which appears all black. does anyone has a solution to this?

---------- Post added 10/16/2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

ah, i'm running it under mac os x mountain lion, macbook aluminium 2009

Spoink
10/21/2012, 09:33 PM
When I double click it to open it, it briefly appears in the side bar and then disappears. Any idea what is happening and how to fix it?

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/24/2012, 01:11 PM
Mine doesn't work.. freezes at cakerefresher window, which appears all black. does anyone has a solution to this?

---------- Post added 10/16/2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

ah, i'm running it under mac os x mountain lion, macbook aluminium 2009

When I double click it to open it, it briefly appears in the side bar and then disappears. Any idea what is happening and how to fix it?

NO solution... sorry.

Bleak
10/24/2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks again for making this available!

Have you, or anyone else figured out how to redeem codes via the QR reader? I get an error every time it tries to connect to either my iSight or webcam.

PokemonCenter_Italy
10/27/2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks again for making this available!

Have you, or anyone else figured out how to redeem codes via the QR reader? I get an error every time it tries to connect to either my iSight or webcam.

The latest Mac use the FaceTime HD camera and it's 1,3Mpx.
If you read near the button, the Program has need 1,5Mpx or more to work.

Spoink
10/28/2012, 06:19 PM
NO solution... sorry.

I don't know why or how but it just randomly started working again.

Accelgor
10/28/2012, 09:09 PM
Hey I PM you and was hoping to get the game sent to my dropbox. Please and thanks!!!

wfisk
11/01/2012, 08:09 AM
First, thanks for making this available. I have been running this for the last few days and it runs great. However this afternoon it started running very slowly - so slowly that it's impossible to play.
I have the download from 23-Sep-2012 and am running Mac OS X 10.8.2 with 8Gb of memory.
Anyone else have similar problems?

William

PokemonCenter_Italy
11/01/2012, 08:13 AM
First, thanks for making this available. I have been running this for the last few days and it runs great. However this afternoon it started running very slowly - so slowly that it's impossible to play.
I have the download from 23-Sep-2012 and am running Mac OS X 10.8.2 with 8Gb of memory.
Anyone else have similar problems?

William

Try with the newest and updated version. Now I have updated the file with .dmg extension and work well but you need to use the default setting (low quality image to run fast) because if you mod the setting to good or better the game Work slowly.

wfisk
11/01/2012, 11:15 AM
That works great. I now have the version that was modified on October 24th.

But I think I also did mess with the performance settings. Best to leave it on Fast or Fastest.

Thanks again, had a few good games online there.

William

PokemonCenter_Italy
11/17/2012, 01:01 PM
Nintendo has released the official version of the software and the project was canceled.
Thanks.

Tapin
11/19/2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work in bridging the gap, PokemonCenter_Italy. It was very much appreciated!

rudychidiac
02/03/2013, 03:15 PM
Hello, could you please send me the mac version? Please and thank you! ^^

PokemonCenter_Italy
02/03/2013, 04:17 PM
Hello, could you please send me the mac version? Please and thank you! ^^

You can find the official version of the game here http://www.pokemontcg.com/download?welcomed=true

the geass user
08/29/2013, 06:09 PM
how man i got snow leopard and it wont work well its telling me to reinstall it but i dont know how to do that can some one tell me

DaNico
10/06/2013, 05:01 PM
never worked one on my mac
really don't know what to do.
i also opened a case with the support, I sent them the file they ask, then ... nothing.
from time to time I try again, I download a new file. but never start.
also, there are no instruction at al. when I click on the file downloaded, it open a folder with 2 file, I open them random but nothing happens.

please help, aiuto!

thanks