PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Albums....

artist92
09/17/2012, 04:39 PM
I just bought one of the 4 pocket Pokemon albums at Target today, for about $6.99. I wasn't quite sure about it because it holds so few cards, but once I got it home I fell in love with it! It perfectly holds the cards even with sleeves without them getting bunched up. I want some more, so I looked on eBay, and they cost about twice as much... Is there any particular reason for this (shipping USUALLY isn't another $7-$10)? Or is there a cheaper place to get these? My Target only has the Mewtwo and the Cofagrigus.

Daelum
09/18/2012, 06:34 PM
Well they probably cost more because you can't find them anywhere else, and since they are such a low-key product (i.e. there is not a high demand for them), whoever is selling them needs to make some money to make up for the time they sat on the product.

artist92
09/19/2012, 12:32 AM
Ah darn, but I suppose that makes sense. They really are quite nice though..
Thanks!

Furn
09/19/2012, 04:29 AM
I think Ultra Pro only print the one for the current set as well, so each old one gets more rare each few months.

artist92
09/19/2012, 07:02 AM
That definitely explains it as well, I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the answers guys. :)

Duce
09/20/2012, 03:45 AM
I ahve a couple of them not using, Different patterns too, is there much worth for them if opened and sold on their own?

artist92
09/20/2012, 03:22 PM
I don't know much about these, but I'm assuming they'd probably be worth less if they're opened/used. Although if they're in good condition, they'll probably fetch a nice enough amount. You can check completed listings on eBay to see about what things are going for. :)