PDA

View Full Version : MK's States Report (because Togepi told me to)

ShadowTogetic
03/20/2005, 07:39 PM
I woke up at 7:20 and had cereal for breakfast. I knew what deck I was going to play. I left at 7:30 to the Manhattan Mall, hoping to meet with Kenneth, Lawrence, and Bolt. Me, Kenneth, and Lawrence met at Manhattan Mall but Bolt was not there. We left the mall, sans Bolt, at 9:45. We arrived in Hoboken with our ride and we left for Time Warp. I wrote out my deck list to the Head Judge and here it is:

9 Fire
3 Lightning
4 Multi

4 Dunsparce
4 Torchic
2 Combusken
3 Blaziken
1 Blaziken ex
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
2 Rayquaza ex

4 Prof. Oak's Research
4 TV Reporter
2 Steven's Advice
2 Celio's Network
2 High Pressure System
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 Pokémon Retriever

We were given lunch break before the tournament. I had Chinese food and came back before 1. I saw Purity in Time Warp. Around 1-ish, pairings were posted and we found our opponents.

Round 1: Frankie Durso with Blaziquazza

Frankie was the winner of the NY States and he was also my friend from PCNY. Each of us got a Dunsparce out during our set up but he went first. He got all his evolutions out quickly and he wiped out my Pidgeot and Rayquaza ex with Blaziken ex to prevent me from getting my energy out. My Dunsparce failed in Paralyzing his Blex and lost the game. 0-1

Round 2: Luke Deuser with Crex/Sceptile

I started with a Torchic during my set up and he started with Treecko and Zubat. He attached to Zubat and just ended his turn. I manage to burn his Treecko with Torchic. Next turn, all he did was ended his turn after evolving his Treecko and Zubat. I managed to get a Combusken and Rayquaza ex out. I attacked his Grovyle and he ended his next turn. I took the chance to get out Blex and Blaziken out quickly, KO'ing the Grovyle. He managed to get a Crex out and another energy. He tried to confuse my Blex with Cross Attack but got no heads. I got 50 damage on Crex and used Rayquaza ex to Dragon Burst for 80 for the win. 1-1

Round 3: Some kid with Fossil deck

I got a first turn Pidgeot and managed to fill my bench. All he could do was attach energy so I got everything set up and prepared my Rayquaza ex. My Rex blasted his fossils away for the win and used Blex to KO the Aerex. 2-1

Round 4: Lawrence Faverey with Rock-Lock

Lawrence is a member of our team and is also from our league. I was like "WTF" when I saw the pairings. I went first and got everything out right away. He couldn't manage to get his evolutions out and I KO'd his Pokémon out. 3-1

Round 5: Anthony with Gardy

He got out his Gardex early and I couldn't Paralyze it. He KO'd all my Pokémon and I drew no evolutions. 3-2

Round 6: Darrell Moreno with Sceptile

Another PCNY player. Unfortunately for him, I had his weakness and got everything out too quickly. 4-2

I found out they were doing a top 16 cut. I was glad and hoped I would make it. When the list for the rankings were posted, I saw that I made it. I was so glad. Me, Lawrence, and Kenneth also made it but Bolt didn't. I just stayed in the store and waited for the playoffs to begin. When the Head Judge got the pairings, I found out I was going to play Jimmy O' Brien.

Finals- Round 1 Game 1: Jimmy O' Brien with Ludicolo Magcargo
We each started with a Dunsparce and we both got our Evolutions out quickly. We KO'd each other's Pokémon one after another. I eventually had my Rayquaza ex to take advantage of the Water Resistance to KO his Ludicolos and he had no other evolutions so I had the win.

Game 2
I started quickly but all he had were basics. I had my Rayquaza ex out again, Pidgeot, and Blaziken out. I had my field control cards in so I KO'd all his Basics.

Round 2 Game 1: Kenneth Wong with Salamence Kingdra
Kenneth is a great player from NY and is a member of our team. He got out his Sala and Sally ex out quickly, KO'ing my Rex to prevent me from getting an easy KO.

Game 2
I got my KOs on his Pokémon quickly and he didn't draw anything.

Game 3
We each got our cards out quickly but he got his energy on Sally ex and Sala too quickly and the resistance messed up my strategy. He was down to one prize and he had an energy and ATM Rock to win the game.

I got my 4 packs and got cards that I didn't need but it was a fun day. I got home after the tournament at 1:30. Note to self: Togepi =D

Obi_Wan
03/20/2005, 08:16 PM
Great Job Mr. Choy.

You have one of the coolest names I have ever heard. Nice deck too, dude. Good luck in the future

ShadowTogetic
03/20/2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Daniel =D Good luck to you too =)

Your surname sounds cool Mr. Reyes =D

Benlugia
03/20/2005, 08:27 PM
cool report MK...but next time...don't laugh at me when i don't top 16 when i actually have to play a tie-braker -_-...

Bolt
03/20/2005, 09:36 PM
a lot of this report seems be about me not making it to meet up with you guys...and then me not making it to the top 16. it's all cool, tho..congrats on the finish!

ChaosJim
03/20/2005, 10:09 PM
One day I'll get my revenge on you and your little Togepi too!

Great games man, seeya next time.