PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Regional Championship - Greensboro, NC - 5/14/05 *UPDATE*

Pages : [1] 2

Feraligatr
03/22/2005, 12:50 PM
Just got word on the Eastern Regional Championship!!! Please see below for initial details and keep checking back for updates. I am working with Sensei on this so it should be a blast for everyone who attends!!! :biggrin: Feel free to email me at jockeyridge@yahoo.com with any questions or post them here.

So who is planning on coming ??? Please feel free to post here if you are!!! :clap:

3114 CEDAR PARK ROAD
GREENSBORO, NC 27405
UNITED STATES
1-336-697-4000
web site: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/gsoex?irs=null

Room Info
There are no more block of rooms as of 4/26/05. If rooms are still available make sure to let the hotel know you are attending the Pokemon Eastern Regional Championship when reserving your room to get the discounted rate of $67. Check in is 10:00am or after and check out is by 11:00am.

Vendor
There will also be a vendor on site that will have cool stuff for sale like deck protectors, deck boxes, Pokemon single cards, etc... The vendor is DJ's Cards & Stuff from High Point, NC.

Airport Info
Please click on this link http://www.flyfrompti.com/ for information about the local airport (Piedmont Triad Intl Airport) if you are flying in. The airport is approximately 18 miles from the hotel.

Directions
VA/DC: I-95S to I-85S (exit 51) to I-85S/I-40W (exit 131) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

WV: I-77S to I-74E (exit 101) which becomes US-52S to I-40E (exit 107A) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Eastern NC: I-40W to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

TN/Western NC: I-40E to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

GA/Western SC/Charlotte, NC: I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Middle SC: I-77N to I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Date
Sat, May 14

Registration Time
10:00am - 11:00am

Click on the link below to fill out a deck sheet ahead of time:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ncbeachcat/id95.html

Start Time
11:30am

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified. Only cards from Ex Ruby & Sapphire thru Ex Emerald are legal unless the card has been reprinted in one of the above sets (i.e. Warp Point, Boost Energy, Switch, etc...).

Single Elimination Rounds will be best 2 of 3, one hour matches. For how match winners are determined: See page 14 of this document http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon%20TCG%202004%20Tournament%20Rules.pdf

If playing with a non local-language card you must have an English version of that same card outside of your deck for reference or a copy of the official Pokemon TCG Card-Dex. See page 9 of this document http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon%20TCG%202004%20Tournament%20Rules.pdf

New Players Area
There will also be an area for anyone wanting to learn how to play. We will be giving out promo cards and pins for those new players learning how to play (1 promo card & pin per person). This is a great chance for parents (and/or brothers/sisters) who don't know how to play but would like too!!!

Local Attractions
Wet & Wild Emerald Pointe
http://www.emeraldpointe.com/

Children's Museum
http://www.gcmuseum.com/flash.htm

Celebration Station
http://www.celebrationstation.com/

Four Seasons Mall
http://www.shopfourseasons.com/html/

Prime Outlets (Burlington)
http://www.primeoutlets.com/cntrdefault.asp?cntrid=1016

Minor League Baseball
http://www.gsohoppers.com/

Prizes
1st Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships.
A scholarship award worth $1500 (scholarship details and restrictions)
A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championship.
A scholarship award worth $1000 (scholarship details and restrictions)

3rd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $500 (scholarship details and restrictions)

4th Place
A scholarship award worth $500 (scholarship details and restrictions)

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events
Modified - $5
Booster Draft - $15 (everyone gets 5 random booster packs to build a 40 card deck including basic energies which will be provided on site)

Each side event will be a 8 player pickup so when there are at least 8 players that side event will start. Each side event will be single elimination with the following prize structure:

1st - 4 booster packs
2nd - 3 booster packs
3rd - 2 booster packs
4th - 1 booster pack

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters
Fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys DVD!!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest
Like to win a Pokémon Radio Pals - Pikachu or Squirtle given out in this contest!!! 2 random winners will be chosen for either one in this contest. The pictures are to be colored or drawn and paper will be provided on site along with the crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home!

Door Prizes
Nintendo DS Bundle
Electronic Plush Pikachu
Nintendo DS Game (Pokemon Dash)
Nintendo GameCube Game (Mario Party 6)
Ex Deoxys Booster Box
Pokemon Plush Figures (2 per age group)
Rook Satin Deck Boxes (1 per age group)
Ultra Pro Backpack (1 per age group)
Pokemon Watches (3 for the 10 & Under Age Group)

SuperWooper
03/22/2005, 02:43 PM
Too bad it's in North Carolina. I'm definitely not driving all the way down there just for a Pokemon tournament. Maybe there will be a Regional Championship in Maryland so I won't have to drive more than an hour to get there.

Ah well. Have fun without me.

Lawman
03/22/2005, 05:08 PM
Alright Jeff and Sensei!! Sounds like a great time. Now I have to go check tomorrow what my work schedule is like for that week. Hope to see you then.

Keith

SHPanda
03/22/2005, 08:30 PM
wooper- the other regionals is in PA

Prime
03/22/2005, 10:28 PM
D00d, I will SO be there. If there is ever a time for me to win a tournament, this will be it.

RainbowRichards
03/23/2005, 06:07 AM

How'd you know this already? :smile:?? But, yeah, in Philly (early June)...

SuperWooper
03/23/2005, 09:16 AM

Ehh, no Regionals for me, then. It's not worth it for me to drive all the way to Pennsylvania or North Carolina just to play a TCG, unless my trip was paid for. =/

supertyranitar
03/23/2005, 11:17 AM
Well, anyways, AWESOME, now i have to play one of my Winning decks from the past 2 big events, CC's and SC's. Wonder which one i will play. Any who, this is going to be awesome, i can't wait =D

mollymotes
03/23/2005, 03:11 PM
so there is no regionals in md or va just to make sure

FireFighter095ReBorn
03/23/2005, 03:26 PM
Im gonna try to make it there. Dont know if ill have the money to get a bus there but if i do ill defintly be there :)

Jim Ferrell
03/23/2005, 06:01 PM
Up until events as of late, I will not be attending this event.

~Jim

TeamBlackthorn
03/23/2005, 09:35 PM
OMG.....this was like the BIGGEST surprise I ever saw when I was looking at my email and I saw this one and I go to it and I read and I see where it is......my jaw dropped within a second..........I was like 0_0 omg the Eastern Regional is in MY backyard. So of course I WILL be there as I could not miss something this huge when it's in my area. This has made my day as I am extremly overjoyed about seeing this. Wow, still can't get over the shock. I need to go lie down.
~Nick G.

Prime
03/23/2005, 09:59 PM
...the closest I'll ever come to Nationals....lol.

BoDragon
03/24/2005, 06:42 AM
It is awesome to have a Regional within driving distance this time. Team Dragon and myself look forward to attending. I hope to see up up there very soon.

supertyranitar
03/24/2005, 03:56 PM
Well, this is going to be interesting to see if Emerald impacts the Regionals or not, hmmmm, i wonder.

Feraligatr
03/25/2005, 01:12 PM
Just added some local attraction info...stay tuned for more info!!!

Muk Man
03/25/2005, 03:25 PM
oh yeah imma be there causing chaos with my touch and go deck......... just like in SC States :clap: :clap:

supertyranitar
03/25/2005, 04:40 PM
Well, you'll have to watch out for alot of ppl sir Muk Man, we got a really really good fight up this year rofl, anyways, i can't wait =D this is going to be tight.

Lawman
03/25/2005, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to a great tourney. Alex can hardly wait!

Keith

Shadow Zangoose
03/25/2005, 08:10 PM
I'll try and hitch a ride with keith here..Man i'm a bum :lol:
i hope i'll see you guys there!
S~H~A~D~O~W

supertyranitar
03/25/2005, 08:18 PM
Well, i got to meet you Shadow Zangoose, MAN, I CANT WAIT DARN IT lol, j/k.

FireFighter095ReBorn
03/26/2005, 05:39 PM
Last year i remember going to virginia's stadium challenge and how much fun that was so no matter what i am gonan put all my entra funds to together to get a chance to trek down to NC and play there. My deck made 2nd in 2 out of 3 states it competed in so its gonan fight hard to win big there if i come down.

I hope to see ya all there :thumb: :biggrin:

One thing i wanta do is meet up with sensei and get to hang with him again. He is one of the funniest guys ive ever met and one of my best buddies.

SuperWooper
03/26/2005, 05:49 PM
Last year i remember going to virginia's stadium challenge and how much fun that was

Virginia did not have a Stadium Challenge. Maryland did, though.

Sensei
03/27/2005, 06:10 PM
Woop`s correct, the East Coast Stadium Challenge was in Md. (OK, not that far from the border though...).

Joe, you are a cool guy yourself. Up for a "Second Annual Late Night" tournament the night before like last year? If it`s doable, I`ll definately be running it! Last years was a blast! Think we should do it peeps? I`ll do prizes and such.

`Sensei

TeamBlackthorn
03/27/2005, 07:22 PM
I know I would love to play in another "late night" tourney if I would be allowed to as umm since I live here there'd be no reason for me to stay at the hotel for the night. That weekend in general was so fun for me. *bounces up and down* Ahh I can't wait. Now to finally try to pick my deck.
~Nick G.

supertyranitar
03/27/2005, 07:31 PM
Last year was awesome, staying up till like 1:00 am, THATS WHAT i live for rofl. Man i'm going have so much fun =)

FireFighter095ReBorn
03/27/2005, 07:39 PM
Woop`s correct, the East Coast Stadium Challenge was in Md. (OK, not that far from the border though...).

Joe, you are a cool guy yourself. Up for a "Second Annual Late Night" tournament the night before like last year? If it`s doable, I`ll definately be running it! Last years was a blast! Think we should do it peeps? I`ll do prizes and such.

`Sensei

Mike,if i get the cash to get there ill be there the night before and will definitly have time to do that. Id love another late night tourney before the big event :biggrin:

Unfortunily due to travel restrictions ray and steve wont be able to make it this time around. :frown:

Hope to see ya in may for the eastren regionals. :thumb:

Feraligatr
03/28/2005, 04:44 PM
Just updated the info on the DS game (changed from GBA game) and GameCube game. Stay tuned for more updates!!!

Feraligatr
03/30/2005, 10:43 AM
Just made a change to the hotel room info. There are two different confirmation numbers based on how many beds you want. Also very important to make your reservation by 4/25/05 as this block and confirmation numbers are only good until then. If the hotel still has rooms available after that you can call, say your with the Pokemon event, and still get the discount of $67. Feel free to email me with any questions!!!

Lawman
03/30/2005, 09:15 PM
Will have to get those reservations in soon then, since Alex & I will be there! Since I missed the ECSC late night tourney pre tourney (in room snoozing LOL), I would like a chance to play this year. (assuming we get in town soon enough) Too bad you cant make it down Joe, I enjoyed our games in the lobby the night before the tourney (but before the impromptu late nighter).

Keith

Dark_Mewtwo
04/01/2005, 10:40 PM
Hi folks,

We look forward to seeing all of out friends from Raleigh (and the rest of NC), SC, Virginia, and Georgia. Greensboro is almost home turf for us. Expect to see the Millers there in full force. :clap: Thanks to all who made it so wonderful in the SC State Championship (Tess - we owe you big time). See you all there!

Randy, Tatiana, and Tad

supertyranitar
04/01/2005, 11:49 PM
Randy!? well thats a surprise rofl, j/k
hope to see everyone in full force there at Regionals, and i'm very lucky this year, i have one more year to stay in 11-14!.

ncpicachufan2000
04/02/2005, 08:49 AM
Hi folks,

We look forward to seeing all of out friends from Raleigh (and the rest of NC), SC, Virginia, and Georgia. Greensboro is almost home turf for us. Expect to see the Millers there in full force. :clap: Thanks to all who made it so wonderful in the SC State Championship (Tess - we owe you big time). See you all there!

Randy, Tatiana, and Tad

Welcome to the boards, Miller Family! I'm glad to here that someone had a good time is SC! See ya in May, Neighbor!

Tommy's Back
04/03/2005, 12:16 PM
Sorry Gatr i haven't been able to come to the states i was held up by the death of my grandfather...he lived 72 years

But i WILL be there!!! Im hitching a RIDE WITH LAWMAN!!!

The happy frolicing one,

Tom

Feraligatr
04/03/2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry Gatr i haven't been able to come to the states i was held up by the death of my grandfather...he lived 72 years

But i WILL be there!!! Im hitching a RIDE WITH LAWMAN!!!

The happy frolicing one,

Tom

Sorry to hear that Tom. You have my deepest condolances. My mother also passed away last month. Look forward to seeing you at the Eastern Regional. Should be lots of fun !!!

Feraligatr
04/04/2005, 10:10 AM
Just added airport details for anyone planning on flying into the event. I will also be posting a couple of contests and prizes later on today (ouch Sensei that arm twisting really hurts...LOL)

Feraligatr
04/04/2005, 02:34 PM
Just added the details for the contests!!!

Feraligatr
04/04/2005, 02:44 PM
Hey we have a few NC people posted they are coming but where is the rest of the NC invasion ??? Come on NC guys and gals you need to post your coming !!!

Dendrobatida
04/04/2005, 05:55 PM
Will be there. Will play in any night-before festivities as well.

Lawman
04/04/2005, 06:25 PM
Jeff...Looking better each day. Its gonna be a great weekend! I may be bringing 1 or 2 league members with me, including Tommy's Back, if their parents OK it.

Keith

Feraligatr
04/05/2005, 06:30 AM
Lawman that sounds great!!! Look forward to seeing the TN crew on May 14!!!

Prime
04/05/2005, 08:50 AM
I really would like to come, but I'd hate to PWN everyone. People always feel so bad when their matches don't last more than 10 seconds. But you know, that's me, the nice guy. J/k Yeah, I hope to make it. Hopefully by then, the prices of gas in my area hasn't risen above $2.50 per gallon.

Tommy's Back
04/05/2005, 03:17 PM
Just hope your gas prices don't inflate to 5.00 per ounce! :lol:

Yeah, im gonna bribe my mother into letting me go she says she is thinking about it so i say its a 80:20 shoot here

Muk Man
04/05/2005, 03:44 PM
Imma be there with my newdeck and new truck... got four tv screens a nice system and a slim ps2 on the inside!!!!

Sensei
04/05/2005, 05:26 PM
Man, I had a fun time this weekend and it`s good to be back. I missed everyone. ;) Jeff, outstanding job! I look forward to seeing everyone...can`t wait for the event!

`Sensei

Tommy's Back
04/05/2005, 05:33 PM
I'll finally get ta see ya'lls!

slicknscc
04/05/2005, 05:44 PM
Well haven't posted here yet, because i'm not sure if me and jacy will be going..... I hope that we can(maybe we will jump on a bus) I really really wanna go, but not sure if we will show up......Anyways if we dont then we will see everyone at Gym

rody1202
04/06/2005, 06:44 AM
The Barlocks plan to attend!!! Jeff... Is there any reason for folks from Raleigh to get a hotel room? Is anything going on the night before? ...and how late do you expect the event to go on Saturday?
Can't wait to see everyone there!!!!

ncpicachufan2000
04/06/2005, 06:55 AM
Randy!? well thats a surprise rofl, j/k
hope to see everyone in full force there at Regionals, and i'm very lucky this year, i have one more year to stay in 11-14!.

Happy Birthday- little man! have a great one! :clap: Last yeart to play with the mid level!

Feraligatr
04/06/2005, 07:16 AM
The Barlocks plan to attend!!! Jeff... Is there any reason for folks from Raleigh to get a hotel room? Is anything going on the night before? ...and how late do you expect the event to go on Saturday?
Can't wait to see everyone there!!!!

Denise there is an evening tournament that Friday night. I am expecting Sat's tournament to finish around 9pm. If you are coming for the Friday night tournament you might want to get a hotel otherwise you probably won't need to.

Feraligatr
04/06/2005, 07:18 AM
Well haven't posted here yet, because i'm not sure if me and jacy will be going..... I hope that we can(maybe we will jump on a bus) I really really wanna go, but not sure if we will show up......Anyways if we dont then we will see everyone at Gym

slicknscc send me an email (jockeyridge@yahoo.com). We should be able to figure something out. It wouldn't be the same without the Columbia invasion!!!

Feraligatr
04/06/2005, 08:34 AM
Also I will have a one page handout of some close by restaurants with directions that Saturday for any out of towners coming in that are not familiar with the area. If you would like to get this ahead of time please email me at jockeyridge@yahoo.com.

Tommy's Back
04/06/2005, 10:03 AM
This is gonna be so cool it sounds like a lot of people are gonna be there! Well, my new deck is already complete fro the tourney so i have some time to test it out and try around with it. So far, this deck seems pretty good but i gotta test it against keith to see if it is that good.

Tom

Feraligatr
04/06/2005, 12:52 PM
This is gonna be so cool it sounds like a lot of people are gonna be there! Well, my new deck is already complete fro the tourney so i have some time to test it out and try around with it. So far, this deck seems pretty good but i gotta test it against keith to see if it is that good.

Tom

Don't forget there will be a tournament Friday night and if it is modified (makes note to check with Sensei) then another chance to test out those decks for Regionals...or even test out those decks you have no intention of playing the next day. :eek:

Soviet Mewtwo
04/06/2005, 05:32 PM

Tom
Awesome Blossom, i get to meet ya guys, tyl to eveyone there.

Professor_Chris
04/06/2005, 07:12 PM
Reservations have been made. Team Mississippi will be represented. :thumb: (unfortunately only by me and my brother) Now I gotta decide what to run... >_>

supertyranitar
04/06/2005, 07:17 PM
!_! wow, i get to meet the one who has been using Speed Blaze longer then i! yay! man, i got my work cut out for me here, still lol.

Tommy's Back
04/06/2005, 07:42 PM
YAY!!! More PEOPLE TO COME!!!

GrandDaddy
04/06/2005, 08:56 PM
Professor Chris don't leave Mom and Dad at home alone. They may move and leave no forwarding address! J/K
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Greensboro. You're right SuperTyranitar - This is going to be GREAT!! We
will be there with 8 or 9 Team Kcletus players from Georgia! What time will Sensei start the night before tournament?
We will have to get the kids out of school early. Don't want to miss That! Yeah Tommy we can test our decks out and
rebuild them before Saturday. HaHa I do that quite often!

See you Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy

supertyranitar
04/06/2005, 09:21 PM
Now GrandDaddy, don't you know who i am by now lol. MAN I STILL CAN'T WAIT!

Professor_Chris
04/07/2005, 12:36 AM
Well, my dad will be representing Team MS in the "Parents waiting area" :lol: My mother and sister I think have conflicting plans. I think. >_>; If not they'll be playing too.

Feraligatr
04/07/2005, 06:36 AM
Reservations have been made. Team Mississippi will be represented. :thumb: (unfortunately only by me and my brother) Now I gotta decide what to run... >_>

Cool!!! Looking forward to meeting Team Mississippi!!!

Feraligatr
04/07/2005, 06:37 AM
Professor Chris don't leave Mom and Dad at home alone. They may move and leave no forwarding address! J/K
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Greensboro. You're right SuperTyranitar - This is going to be GREAT!! We
will be there with 8 or 9 Team Kcletus players from Georgia! What time will Sensei start the night before tournament?
We will have to get the kids out of school early. Don't want to miss That! Yeah Tommy we can test our decks out and
rebuild them before Saturday. HaHa I do that quite often!

See you Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy

Hey GrandDaddy. Can't wait to see the GA invasion there!!!

Prime
04/07/2005, 06:44 AM
Wow, this is in a hotel. I told my mom about the tournament the day before, and she said she would find a way to help me book the hotel for me and some friends. I hope it works out and I am able to be there the day before. Got into the 25th to book. Whew. I'd like to spend two nights, so that would be something like $134 plus tax. I feel my mom would go out of her way to get me there.

Anyways, I'll be there even if I can't book the hotel and spend two nights. But I rather spend the two nights and be able to actually take pictures of all my friends, in which I've made so many, since I have started playing.

Wow, this is a big tournament. People from TN, GA, NC, SC, MI, any from VA?

ncpicachufan2000
04/07/2005, 07:29 AM
Wow, this is a big tournament. People from TN, GA, NC, SC, MI, any from VA?[/QUOTE]

Javier and Sensei! Isn't that enough FUN for you??? Gotta Love the VA guys! LOL!

Feraligatr
04/07/2005, 08:45 AM
For those who want to beat the rush and also to help out with the registration process, click on the link below to get a deck sheet to fill out and bring with you. Also added this to the main post under registration time. For the two newest sets use DX (Ex Deoxys) and EM (Ex Emerald) for the set abbreviation.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ncbeachcat/id95.html

Just got the latest and greatest deck sheet...Regionals!!! Already updated my web site to this one in place of the City Championship. :thumb:

Tommy's Back
04/07/2005, 01:26 PM
Awesome!!! We have team kletus AKA Georgia and we have Team MS coming...I guess i better be at my best that day. Hehe well, it'll be good to see everyone again. I already have what im gonna wear! But then again it is gonna be a while before the tourney is tomorrow.

Oh and i have the songs im gonna sing in and in between the rounds like i did at the asheville cities! :biggrin: Hehe most are by john and 2 are by me. :cool: See ya there

The Psycho,

Tom

supertyranitar
04/07/2005, 02:04 PM
Tommy, you forgot some, Team Darkness, Team Cola(hopefully), Team Dragon, forgot about those huh lol.

Tommy's Back
04/07/2005, 02:15 PM
Wow, yeah i did forget them. Ok then, this'll be a good turn out i can SMELL IT

TOm

supertyranitar
04/07/2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, ya kinda did*gets giant sword* well, good luck everyone, may the force be with you :rolleyes:

slicknscc
04/08/2005, 05:00 AM
Bus ticket to NC 100$
Meals for the trip 50$
Hotel room for two nights 140$
Midnight tournament the night before 10$
Mike making a star wars reference for pokemon Priceless

TheCrossFormatKid
04/08/2005, 03:38 PM
Wow, this is a big tournament. People from TN, GA, NC, SC, MI, any from VA?

I'll prolly be coming, and might bring a person or two.

Sensei
04/08/2005, 04:50 PM
Don't forget there will be a tournament Friday night and if it is modified (makes note to check with Sensei)

Yep, it`ll be modified. Time is TBA . Don`t want it TOO late but not too early either so people can show. What time, for those showing up Friday, are you getting in everyone?

`Sensei

supertyranitar
04/08/2005, 04:51 PM
Well, the tourney saturday shall be so fun! man, i swear this is a mini worlds lol.

mollymotes
04/08/2005, 09:42 PM
hey look at starting time 11 pm you mean am

Feraligatr
04/09/2005, 10:30 AM
hey look at starting time 11 pm you mean am

Oops...thanks for catching that...then again wouldn't it be cool to have a midnight Regionals. :eek:

Feraligatr
04/09/2005, 10:32 AM

Awesome...the more the merrier!!! Look forward to seeing you there. :thumb:

Tommy's Back
04/11/2005, 05:38 PM
hehe, im gonna be listening to john mayer in between rounds because its really soothing as in the music play. So, im thinking about playing rock-lock but i might go CHEX so im a little random right now but this tourney's gonna have a good turn out!

Tom

Sensei
04/11/2005, 05:51 PM

Ah man, there goes the neighborhood...dang Canadians, eh? :lol:

Hey everyone coming Friday night, please post a timeframe of what time you are coming in so I can plan the "late night tourney" accordingly. I would rather start it as early as possible so we aren`t up "too late"! :tongue:

`Sensei

supertyranitar
04/11/2005, 05:52 PM
yeah, Canadians these days, i got to get with the force soon rofl, guess we are getting the canadian invasion! j/k.

Lawman
04/11/2005, 07:00 PM
Considering it is a 4 hour drive (at least), then gotta find the hotel, plus work, errrrr I'm guessing 9 ish. If I get out early, have my stuff ready, I may be there a bit earler than that, but I gotta eat sometime on the road too prolly. Lets just say I should be in by 9 PM (hopes).

Keith

GrandDaddy
04/11/2005, 08:25 PM
The Georgia Crowd (Team Kcletus) should be there around 8:00 or 9:00. We will bring 8-10 and Play Friday night
and Saturday!! If we can get the kids out of school early I will let you know later!
San Diego "Here Comes Team Kcletus".

See you Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail".

Prime
04/11/2005, 11:24 PM
I think David and I are going go try to let Matthew still attend school, pick him up at 3PM and head on, so we most likely would be there at 7PM.

supertyranitar
04/12/2005, 04:58 AM
The Georgia Crowd (Team Kcletus) should be there around 8:00 or 9:00. We will bring 8-10 and Play Friday night
and Saturday!! If we can get the kids out of school early I will let you know later!
San Diego "Here Comes Team Kcletus".

See you Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail".
ROFL! that here comes Team Kcletus should be a card like Here Comes Team Rocket :tongue:, man, why does have to be in may?! :mad:, I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG! :frown:

Tommy's Back
04/12/2005, 10:17 AM
lol, Super T-Tar's GONNA BLOW!!! DUCK AND COVER!!! *Hides behind rock*

Tom

supertyranitar
04/12/2005, 12:44 PM
*Fires a Flamethrower at Tom, who blows up* rofl, boy, these Asheville folk are going to be interesting to meet =x.

Prime
04/12/2005, 12:55 PM
What Asheville folk are you referring to?

supertyranitar
04/12/2005, 12:58 PM
Oh wait, i thought Tom, and Zangoose were from Asheville, whoops*slaps self* :confused: :frown:

Prime
04/12/2005, 01:01 PM
Tommy's Back is much more sane in real life. Shadow Zangoose...I can't speak for. lol

Feraligatr
04/12/2005, 01:26 PM
Just updated the original post that there will be a vendor on site for the Regionals that will have cool stuff for sale including deck protectors, deck boxes, dice, Pokemon single cards, etc...

Tommy's Back
04/12/2005, 04:28 PM
LOL!!! Way to smack shadow around prime! :lol:

I think this tourney will be a great turn out it looks like a LOT of different people are coming from MANY different states...oh god i feel sick and afraid but hey, i feel i have a chance here...I wonder if any chicks will be there...hehe. :lol:

Tom

PS: Supertyranitar, I know who ya are! I've seen ya!! In the past...you'll see me in may. :cool:

supertyranitar
04/12/2005, 04:34 PM
oh great, i guess you'll find me, instead of me finding you, lol, BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW ME!?

Tommy's Back
04/12/2005, 04:43 PM
...You'll find out...

Tom

Prime
04/12/2005, 06:59 PM
I wonder if Micheal was at the city that Tom came in second? Nah, no way.

ncpicachufan2000
04/12/2005, 08:45 PM
Correct- yes he was! LOL!

Spike
04/12/2005, 11:15 PM
This is funny, I live in georgia and this is closer to go to then the regional championships for my 'region' pfft... what was PUI thinking

Tommy's Back
04/12/2005, 11:20 PM
Ain't that just a hard kick in the nads...:lol:

Tom

Spike
04/12/2005, 11:32 PM
i guess since its closer than mine, ill try to go to this one. i couldnt go to the other one anyway :tongue:

look out nc, ill try not to bomb this time :wink:

Adv1sor
04/13/2005, 05:49 AM
Depends on how early. I'm planning to be there with two 11-14 state champs, but I don't want to be falling asleep at the tournament the next day! We'll stop by and say hello anyway.

ncpicachufan2000
04/13/2005, 08:52 AM
This is funny, I live in georgia and this is closer to go to then the regional championships for my 'region' pfft... what was PUI thinking

Gee Spike, You are only going to one??? Why don't you see if team Klectus will adopt you too? I know they are going to at least 2- we will be at a total of 3...(does running one count?) See ya there!

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/13/2005, 12:01 PM
:biggrin:

Ah man, there goes the neighborhood...dang Canadians, eh? :lol:

Hey everyone coming Friday night, please post a timeframe of what time you are coming in so I can plan the "late night tourney" accordingly. I would rather start it as early as possible so we aren`t up "too late"! :tongue:

`Sensei

Guarenteed of being there now. Ill be getting in friday morning so dont need to worry about me mike,ill be there very early and ill sit in the lobby with a HUGE grin :biggrin: :biggrin: waiting for the tourney. JK :cool: I will be there friday morning so ill be ready for late night fun like last year and maybe ill bring streamers to throw off the 2nd floor onto the crowd LOL :clap: as long as i dont get banned from the hotel for it :biggrin:

Gonna be a blast nomatter what and and wait to share in the fun. Its just gonna be sad with all my NY buddies at the meadowlands tourney that day. :frown: Ohh well hopefully ill see some farmiliar places so if i do make top cut i can celebrate.

PS
I need help,i need to find someone farmiliar with the greensboro area that can guide me. Ive never been here and getting off greyhound, i dont know if there are taxi's or buses that go towards the hotel so if someone can send me a private message to my mailbox with info on how i can get to the hotel and whats in greensboro in means of transportation id really appriciate it. Thanks :thumb:

supertyranitar
04/13/2005, 01:10 PM
Well FireFighter, looks like i get to see you again, woot, it will be nice to meet alot of ppl, and see ppl again.:smile:

Feraligatr
04/13/2005, 02:13 PM
:biggrin:

Guarenteed of being there now. Ill be getting in friday morning so dont need to worry about me mike,ill be there very early and ill sit in the lobby with a HUGE grin :biggrin: :biggrin: waiting for the tourney. JK :cool: I will be there friday morning so ill be ready for late night fun like last year and maybe ill bring streamers to throw off the 2nd floor onto the crowd LOL :clap: as long as i dont get banned from the hotel for it :biggrin:

Gonna be a blast nomatter what and and wait to share in the fun. Its just gonna be sad with all my NY buddies at the meadowlands tourney that day. :frown: Ohh well hopefully ill see some farmiliar places so if i do make top cut i can celebrate.

PS
I need help,i need to find someone farmiliar with the greensboro area that can guide me. Ive never been here and getting off greyhound, i dont know if there are taxi's or buses that go towards the hotel so if someone can send me a private message to my mailbox with info on how i can get to the hotel and whats in greensboro in means of transportation id really appriciate it. Thanks :thumb:

Joe please send me an email at jockeyridge@yahoo.com. I will then respond back with the info. I just pulled up Greyhound in Greensboro and it is only 3.5 miles from the hotel. Look forward to seeing you again. I met you last year at the East Coast Stadium.

Lawman
04/13/2005, 02:29 PM
Joe: Great to see you will make it to the tourney. We will have to play a match friday nigth in lobby just like last year's ECSC. Just dont play your Gardy deck :) Will be good to see you again.

Keith

PS Got my reservations today at Holiday Inn....will be a blast!

GrandDaddy
04/13/2005, 04:44 PM
Did I read it right?? Lawman is judging this event?? GREAT - That's one less person to beat me. Now I have a
chance!! I just have to worry about ALEX!!

Shadow Zangoose
04/13/2005, 05:29 PM
Did I read it right?? Lawman is judging this event?? GREAT - That's one less person to beat me. Now I have a
chance!! I just have to worry about ALEX!!

What did you forget about me already Gary? :lol:
It'll be good to see everybody again like Prime,Super T-Tar & Gary here
I should be in on friday as well (What time does the late night tourny start?)

I'll see ya'll there! (Hoping for some trades)

S~H~A~D~O~W

Lawman
04/13/2005, 06:19 PM
Yes, Gary, you read that right, I get to JUDGE this event, along with several others. Don't worry, I will still be available to beat your psychic deck on Friday night tho :P Now, I gotta get Alex's deck into shape for this big tourney. Guess I better fix me a deck too for the Friday nighter. Can't wait til May, it will be a blast!

Keith

supertyranitar
04/13/2005, 07:48 PM
Now, can you beat my deck? I mean c'mon, no one beats my deck unless i let you rofl, j/k. Friday night tourny should be fun.

Feraligatr
04/14/2005, 01:58 PM
Just posted out one more door prize for the 10 & Unders (Pokemon Watches). Also we will have a new players area for anyone wanting to learn how to play (thanks Sensei for the suggestion)...see details in original post. Can't wait to see everyone Friday night and Sat. Should be an awesome time for all!!!

ncpicachufan2000
04/14/2005, 03:26 PM
Hey 10 and under bunch! Think you will love these watches- they are direct from Hong Kong! Too cool! :thumb:

Prime
04/14/2005, 04:25 PM
Yay, I booked the hotel just 5 minutes ago. I'm still working out what time we will head down to there. I am out of school by then, but Matthew isn't. So, he could either miss a day of school, which wouldn't be that bad, but could be, or we pick him up at 3PM and head down. That sounds like the best idea. Big ups to all the people coming, I'm going to take a picture with all my friends so watch out.

supertyranitar
04/14/2005, 07:39 PM
Prime, i forbid the camera, for I hate big flashes, and my training forbids me looking at big flashes, for if i do, then that means i pretty much go beserk, then the whole place comes down rofl. I hate waiting so long for Regionals, GAH!.

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/15/2005, 08:56 AM
Ohh no :eek: zangoose is showing up,i better pump zappy up so to be ready for you and your deck LOL :biggrin:

Ill bring you your new trorchic when i see ya there zangoose. Great tro hear your gonna skip meadowlands and make the trip to greensboro.

See ya all next month :clap:

Spike
04/15/2005, 10:00 AM
Gee Spike, You are only going to one??? Why don't you see if team Klectus will adopt you too? I know they are going to at least 2- we will be at a total of 3...(does running one count?) See ya there!

I was almost kind of a member of team kcletus, but then i moved about 2 hours away from Newnan, the home town of the kcletus'.

Go figure :rolleyes:

Tommy's Back
04/15/2005, 10:36 AM
Well, super t-tar i forbid alcohol because its pretty obvious what happens:'

Flash Back To An Older Tourney: (Me standing next a girl) Hey baby if i pay you will you marry me...
OR: *Has Knife* RARGH *Killing People stabbing and slashing numerous times

Flashes bring the hulk out in me and i tear down the person with one...unless its prime then i just kill an innocent bystander.

:thumb:

Tom

ncpicachufan2000
04/15/2005, 01:36 PM
I was almost kind of a member of team kcletus, but then i moved about 2 hours away from Newnan, the home town of the kcletus'.

Go figure :rolleyes:

Car pooling is still out of the question for you??? Two hours is nothing- just ask our guys from Columbia SC...Knowing the Grand daddy- he wouldn't care where ya lived! LOL!

supertyranitar
04/15/2005, 02:01 PM
Well, super t-tar i forbid alcohol because its pretty obvious what happens:'

Flash Back To An Older Tourney: (Me standing next a girl) Hey baby if i pay you will you marry me...
OR: *Has Knife* RARGH *Killing People stabbing and slashing numerous times

Flashes bring the hulk out in me and i tear down the person with one...unless its prime then i just kill an innocent bystander.

:thumb:

Tom
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
:confused: :confused:
sheesh, i'm so confused :frown:

Tommy's Back
04/15/2005, 02:03 PM
lol, No that was a tourney long past, over here in Sevierville.

Tom

Prime
04/15/2005, 02:35 PM
Don't worry guys, he's not this weird in public.

supertyranitar
04/15/2005, 02:42 PM
Ya sure prime? i mean, i might have to get some body guards or something*looks up best guys in the buis* j/k.

Spike
04/15/2005, 03:07 PM
It's not that i can't get carpool, its just i dont like carpooling - lol. I'll be at this regionals so theres no worries in that area. It's all the others that are hard to get to :tongue:

Jim Ferrell
04/16/2005, 07:02 AM
I changed my original post. I am not really sure if I will be able to attend this event after all. We'll see.

~Jim

ncpicachufan2000
04/16/2005, 08:50 AM
Up until events as of late, I will not be attending this event.

~Jim

What are you talking about? Problems at home?

Jim Ferrell
04/16/2005, 06:33 PM
I got everything sorted out. I should be there after all. Thanks for your concern.

~Jim

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/16/2005, 07:22 PM
I changed my original post. I am not really sure if I will be able to attend this event after all. We'll see.

~Jim

That sucks,was hoping to see as many new faces as possible,hope things work out and you make it.

Hey im from NY. Only NY person besides zangoose that will be there so ill represent the state in the NC regionals :biggrin:

I know nomatter what ill be ready and hope to have some great singing during the tournament so we dont get bored. Maybe ill bring a boombox and a pokemon CD to play during the friday tourney :biggrin:

Hey supert-tar will be to se ya again,remmeber you from worlds

I wont be playing gardy anymore,but have new idea for ir when GS/SS hits and espeon ex becomes legal :thumb: Everyone will see my deck come regionals but i need to build a new deck for friday night so to not let the secret out :cool:

The Gorn
04/16/2005, 08:25 PM
Be careful. There's a bunch of FL people coming up and they've got their eyes on that 15+ championship.

(It's unlikely that I'll be there though. Stupid job! LOL)

the_sniper
04/17/2005, 05:34 AM
Second place will work for this one :)

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/17/2005, 05:43 AM
Be careful. There's a bunch of FL people coming up and they've got their eyes on that 15+ championship.

(It's unlikely that I'll be there though. Stupid job! LOL)

Probabily gonna be the biggest regioanl now bringing over 4 states together under 1 roof.

Florida,Georgia,The Carolinas,New York,Tennessee(i think)

Not often to see so many people in one tournament, im glad i finally pulled of a job so i can be part of what should be some pokemon history.

See ya all there where i hope to claim a trophy and a paid way to san diego for worlds. My pokemon dream is to play in worlds and chased it since 2002. Now i have 3 chances to get 2nd and make it. :-D

Feraligatr
04/17/2005, 10:11 AM
Probabily gonna be the biggest regioanl now bringing over 4 states together under 1 roof.

Florida,Georgia,The Carolinas,New York,Tennessee(i think)

Joe I think the count is up to 8 states...NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/OH/FL/MS...Can't wait to see everyone. :clap:

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/17/2005, 10:17 AM
Joe I think the count is up to 8 states...NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/OH/FL/MS...Can't wait to see everyone. :clap:

9 states. You missed Ny in your list and who knows maybe south jersey might be there so look for 10 states. Damm this is pokemon history for a non worlds event :biggrin: :biggrin:

Feraligatr
04/17/2005, 11:08 AM
9 states. You missed Ny in your list and who knows maybe south jersey might be there so look for 10 states. Damm this is pokemon history for a non worlds event :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oops...I new that...sorry FireFighter095ReBorn. Only fair for the North to invade the South since we will be invading MA over Memorial weekend. :biggrin:

Lawman
04/17/2005, 02:57 PM
9-10 states represented at 1 regional!! WOW What a compliment to Pokemon & the PTOs....Feraligatr and Sensei!! I think the only other regional that will see that much variety will be Vince's in Memphis. Shoot...the South isn't the Bible Belt..its the Poke-Belt (like the one Machoke and Machamp wear :biggrin: ) I think east TN will end up with possibly 2 10-s, 2 11-14s and 1 15 + and of course, me, a judge for this great event! I'm trying to convince a couple of more parents to drink the blue Kool-aid and join the poke-parent parade to tourneys!! Can't wait for the 14th!!

Keith

Lugia EX
04/17/2005, 03:36 PM
There might be 11 states here. I'm not sure if anyone else from Maryland is coming but i'm
definately going to be there to represent Maryland. :biggrin:

Sensei
04/17/2005, 06:05 PM
Sweet! This is gonna be fun, fun, fun!!! Can`t wait to see everyone there. It`s gonna be one big blast!

`Sensei

Tommy's Back
04/17/2005, 08:59 PM
Hehe, this is GONNA ROCK!!!

Ok, i have my deck ready and i have a little idea on what everyone is playing, so because i've went to one of these before, i have a little advantage but then again my age division is going to be polluted with diversity from different states so a retract my last statment.

Tom

ncpicachufan2000
04/17/2005, 09:27 PM
Hehe, this is GONNA ROCK!!!

Ok, i have my deck ready and i have a little idea on what everyone is playing, so because i've went to one of these before, i have a little advantage but then again my age division is going to be polluted with diversity from different states so a retract my last statment.

Tom

Are you comparing this to a stadum? Hoping for even MORE fun that Rockville last year- yes, Sensei you are a walking party but you must keep us the great work this year!!!!

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 07:14 AM
There might be 11 states here. I'm not sure if anyone else from Maryland is coming but i'm
definately going to be there to represent Maryland. :biggrin:

Cool...Look forward to seeing you there Lugia EX!!! That brings the count to 10 states (NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/OH/FL/MS/NY/MD) which is just amazing how many people are willing to travel for an event like this!!!

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 07:21 AM
Ooohhh...did I mention that in addition to the special appearence by Sensei we will have another special appearance (and also HJ) by the one and only Rocketman!!! :clap: I think that also brings our state count to 11 (NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/OH/FL/MS/NY/MD/LA). This is going to be a blast!!!

Also just updated the side event info with minimum number of players, format, and prize structure.

Jim Ferrell
04/18/2005, 09:09 AM
Two things Jeff,

First, I'm actually moving down there prior to the event, so take the Ohio state representation thing away (unless someone else from Ohio is coming). :D

Second, have you decided on any further info on a possible event on Friday? Any info would be cool!

~Jim

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 09:29 AM
Two things Jeff,

First, I'm actually moving down there prior to the event, so take the Ohio state representation thing away (unless someone else from Ohio is coming). :D

~Jim

Done...so we are back to 10 (NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/FL/MS/NY/MD/LA).

RainbowRichards
04/18/2005, 09:44 AM

~Jim

Ahh, but will you be a registered NC resident (resident or non-resident tuition rates???) by then?? :wink:

Prime
04/18/2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it would help if info about the friday tournament was released. People might go out of there way to show up earlier if they know the time of the event.

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it would help if info about the friday tournament was released. People might go out of there way to show up earlier if they know the time of the event.

Okay...no more arm twisting...ouch...LOL. Continue to check back for possible updates but here is the info on the famous Sensei's annual pre-regional tournament (of course, carried over from last years pre-stadium tournament)... :thumb:

Format: Modified (same format as Eastern Regionals)

Rounds: Based on attendance (probably around 5)

Prizes: 1 booster box of Ex Deoxys spread across top X (based on attendance). Winner gets a Provincial Banner (foreign version of the State Championship banner) and bragging rights till next year!!!

Fee: FREE

Start Time: Between 9-10pm

Tommy's Back
04/18/2005, 12:51 PM
Hey, about that late night tourney, everyone can compete right? Cause im pretty interested in that.

Is there like an age cap?

Tom

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 01:55 PM
Hey, about that late night tourney, everyone can compete right? Cause im pretty interested in that.

Is there like an age cap?

Tom

Everyone can compete and there is no age cap!!! This will be age modified swiss which means anyone can play anyone (versus Regionals where this will be swiss and you only play people in your age group). Hope to see you there!!! :wink:

Feraligatr
04/18/2005, 02:02 PM
Ooohhh...did I mention that in addition to the special appearence by Sensei we will have another special appearance (and also HJ) by the one and only Rocketman!!! :clap: I think that also brings our state count to 11 (NC/SC/GA/VA/TN/OH/FL/MS/NY/MD/LA). This is going to be a blast!!!

Also just updated the side event info with minimum number of players, format, and prize structure.

Also can't forget the one on only Lawman!!! :clap: So we actually have judges from 4 different states (VA/LA/TN/NC) !!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/18/2005, 02:23 PM
Okay...no more arm twisting...ouch...LOL. Continue to check back for possible updates but here is the info on the famous Sensei's annual pre-regional tournament (of course, carried over from last years pre-stadium tournament)... :thumb:

Format: Modified (same format as Eastern Regionals)

Rounds: Based on attendance (probably around 5)

Prizes: 1 booster box of Ex Deoxys spread across top X (based on attendance). Winner gets a Provincial Banner (foreign version of the State Championship banner) and bragging rights till next year!!!

Fee: FREE

Start Time: Between 9-10pm

Sweet, a foreign state banner for the winner. Now im even more stoked to play in it. :) See ya all in the 14th

Sensei
04/18/2005, 05:23 PM
And I may toss some cool stuff in as well... :clap:

The closer it gets, the more it will be updated...;)

`Sensei

Rocketman
04/18/2005, 05:43 PM
Yep, that's right, LA will represented by Team Rocket! I will be HJ of the junior divisions and will be bringing some minions of Team Rocket, who will be playing. I look forward to a great time with all of you!
Rick

Feraligatr
04/19/2005, 07:34 AM
One more update for the Friday night tourney...The winner of each age group (10-, 11-14, 15+) will also get a cool Winner Pin!!!

Sensei
04/19/2005, 05:40 PM
Man, had to go and correct that Meganium character...tsk tsk tsk :lol:

Tommy's Back
04/19/2005, 08:39 PM
So, how much room is there?...I don't wanna be squating :lol:

Tom

Feraligatr
04/20/2005, 08:16 AM
Man, had to go and correct that Meganium character...tsk tsk tsk :lol:

You go Sensei...sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down for a East vs Midwest Professor Challenge...of course, we know what the result will be. :wink:

Feraligatr
04/20/2005, 08:19 AM
So, how much room is there?...I don't wanna be squating :lol:

Tom

Don't worry Tom I think we can find some room in one of the closets... :eek: ...J/K...actually we will have plenty of room since this is the Guilford County Convention Center.

Prime
04/20/2005, 10:18 AM
I thought the tournament was being held in the hotel?

meganium45
04/20/2005, 10:34 AM
Chaw, piglets!

You gotta love this!

What a bonus for the people attending both events, to have the BEST EVENT, right in Memphis 2 weeks after this event!!!

True, the Eastern Regional will be the #2 Regional in the country, but I understand that everyone cannot travel to Memphis, so some people will just have to trust this one!

In all seriousness, Sensei, Gatr, PM me so we can compare some notes. I have some ideas to make these events even better than what we did last year, and we did hold ELITE events!!! Would like to hear what you guys are doing too, so we can make these thing UTTERLY ELITE for all attending players!!

Talk to you guys soon!!!

Vince

ncpicachufan2000
04/20/2005, 10:40 AM
I thought the tournament was being held in the hotel?

Don't worry Matt- The convention center is right next to the Hotel...part of the hotel! The countdown is on!
First Greensboro- then MA - and then to Philly! Cool bean!!!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/20/2005, 02:19 PM
Don't worry Matt- The convention center is right next to the Hotel...part of the hotel! The countdown is on!
First Greensboro- then MA - and then to Philly! Cool bean!!!!

Looks like im not the only one that gonna try greensboro,mass and philly this regiooanls. I know ill make 2 but philly is up in the air still :biggrin:

I wanta play at the end of a table in a little corner where i cant move :thumb: j/k

You know sensei,he will be working on this till the day of the event. He is a very hard working PTO and watch out because he might be hanging from signs trying to fix them on the tournament day. :rolleyes:

Hey feraligter whats in the DS bundle pack??

Feraligatr
04/20/2005, 02:50 PM
Looks like im not the only one that gonna try greensboro,mass and philly this regiooanls. I know ill make 2 but philly is up in the air still :biggrin:

I wanta play at the end of a table in a little corner where i cant move :thumb: j/k

You know sensei,he will be working on this till the day of the event. He is a very hard working PTO and watch out because he might be hanging from signs trying to fix them on the tournament day. :rolleyes:

Hey feraligter whats in the DS bundle pack??

Very good question...Should I make everyone wait till the day of the event...Probably not since I would end up being the person tied to the roof of the convention center... :eek:

Haven't decided for sure but it will either be a Nintendo DS/Naki Deluxe Kit/Super Mario 64 game or Nintendo DS and 3 games. Stay tuned for future update!!!

Tommy's Back
04/20/2005, 07:06 PM
So its in the convention center? Or is it in the hotel? :confused:

Tom

supertyranitar
04/20/2005, 07:48 PM
Tommy, its in the Convention center, no way we would fit any body in the hotel XD.

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/21/2005, 03:01 AM
Tommy, its in the Convention center, no way we would fit any body in the hotel XD.

Dont be so sure. last year sensei fit the ECSC in a hotel and did a wonderful job if it too. This year will be a great convention center so im gonna be surper stoked to be there.

Feraliger i wouldent strap myself to the roof to see the bundle pack but i know late night i might attempt a sneak into the hall to see it :thumb: Thats if security dosent catch me and wreck me LOL

This East Coast Regional will rock so hard repesenting so many states and now with all the raffle prizes and side contest wow best regional i see as of yet :biggrin:

Cant wait to see all the faces from the past and meet all the new faces. When its all said and done i know i will have pictures and memories to keep with me for a long time. :clap:

supertyranitar
04/21/2005, 05:05 AM
Ok, time to tighten up that security, but now i got to dish out more pay for them, GAH!!!!!
oh well.
man this is going to be so tight(cool), can we move this and replace prelease XD.

Feraligatr
04/21/2005, 09:23 AM
Thought I would post to alleviate anyone's fears about the location/size of the venue. This one is different from last years ECSC because it has a convention center right next to the Holiday Inn rooms but both are owned by Holiday Inn. The convention center is actually called Guilford County Convention Center on the front of the building. Plenty of room for all the exciting events we will be doing Friday night and all day Saturday!!! :clap:

Tommy's Back
04/21/2005, 11:01 AM
Ok im cool with that, thanks guys, this looks like it'll be a blast.:biggrin:

Tom

Sensei
04/21/2005, 09:20 PM
LOL Meg. Yeah, these will both be great events as well as I know some of the other guys will have great ones as well. Great time for Pokemon!
I`m sure Jeff pm`ed you. LMK if you need anything.

`Sensei

supertyranitar
04/22/2005, 12:32 PM
Yo Tom still remember the plan? xD
why does it have to be in may, WHY, ITS TO LONG TO WAIT! XD.

ncpicachufan2000
04/22/2005, 12:39 PM
UPS just dropped off MORE cool prizes for this event! This is SOOO unfair that we don't get to keep this stuff! LOL!

Prime
04/22/2005, 12:45 PM
Wow, I am looking forward to this more than any event this year. Can't wait.

Lawman
04/24/2005, 01:25 PM
Looks like there may be a few more TN folks invading NC for this regional. Will keep you posted. I can't wait!!

Keith

Spike
04/24/2005, 08:37 PM
looks like Battle Frontier will really shake all the regionals up :biggrin:

This is gonna be a great event, and i'm trying my hardest to save money for a hotel. its just a little to far to drive up, play and drive back like i did for south carolina states. ( :eek: )

Jeff, is the hotel you listed the cheapest in the area (that you might know of?)?

Feraligatr
04/25/2005, 07:31 AM
looks like Battle Frontier will really shake all the regionals up :biggrin:

This is gonna be a great event, and i'm trying my hardest to save money for a hotel. its just a little to far to drive up, play and drive back like i did for south carolina states. ( :eek: )

Jeff, is the hotel you listed the cheapest in the area (that you might know of?)?

Actually there is a Motel 6 (See link below) that is within 5 miles of the location. It's not bad and I think there are some other GA players staying there. Looks like the standard rate is $39.99 for 1 or 2 beds. Let me know if you need directions from there to convention center.

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.asp?MotelId=0123&state=NC&full=Greensboro%20South&city=Greensboro

Feraligatr
04/25/2005, 07:33 AM
Looks like there may be a few more TN folks invading NC for this regional. Will keep you posted. I can't wait!!

Keith

Cool!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!!

Feraligatr
04/25/2005, 07:48 AM
We also may have a special music mix (wife is currently working on it) prior to the main event starting...stay tuned...

Feraligatr
04/25/2005, 08:47 AM
Today is the last day for the block of rooms to be on hold. If you haven't made your reservations yet you may want to do it by today. If you call after today and they still have rooms available you will still get the discount but you will need to let them know you are attending the Pokemon event on May 14 (the confirmation numbers will not be valid).

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/25/2005, 10:15 AM
We also may have a special music mix (wife is currently working on it) prior to the main event starting...stay tuned...

I got it,make it a rap beat. Your wife can spin the record as you and sensei got on the table with mics rapping a pokemon thame song LOL :biggrin: I can see it now,the record mixer below as you and mike are in hats and glasses giving a rap for all the fans. What a way to start the regionals :clap:

ncpicachufan2000
04/25/2005, 10:38 AM
That would be great if the FER could dance - but since he had foot surgery in Nov- He doesn't even like to walk very far...Sensei on the other hand...That could get interesting- (sorry Wendy! LOL!)

Prime
04/25/2005, 12:27 PM
HA! I could not imagine any of you all getting on tables dancing.

Can't wait to see everyone at the tournament and meet all the cool people on this board that I've never met before. For anyone looking for me, I'll be wearing my hat that has the word P R 1 M E on it.

Sensei
04/25/2005, 12:36 PM
That would be great if the FER could dance - but since he had foot surgery in Nov- He doesn't even like to walk very far...Sensei on the other hand...That could get interesting- (sorry Wendy! LOL!)

Well, I guess you could call it "Dance"... Dunno about my form though! :tongue: :lol:

Spike
04/25/2005, 01:02 PM
FER, thanks for the room info, that'll probably be where i stay. I'll get directions from you later on. :thumb:

supertyranitar
04/25/2005, 01:25 PM
cool Spike is comin to town :lol:

Feraligatr
04/25/2005, 02:20 PM

Unless I can find some boogie shoes between now and then :eek:

Adv1sor
04/25/2005, 04:54 PM
Go Sensei! Go Sensei!

supertyranitar
04/25/2005, 04:55 PM
Unless I can find some boogie shoes between now and then :eek:
actully, you would need that and boogie feet XD

Feraligatr
04/26/2005, 08:44 AM
Just updated the original post that the block of rooms have been released. But if rooms are still available you can still get the discounted room rate of $67.

Lawman
04/26/2005, 09:55 AM
The FER-man doesn't need any NEW boogie shoes, he already has those old "alligator" shoes! :biggrin: Now to fit those claws inside.

Keith

supertyranitar
04/26/2005, 01:17 PM
O_O, ALLIGATOR BOOTS!! i knew he was hiding something from me!!!! but it took me to long to figure out O_Q. still can't wait, gosh darn it, ITS BEEN WAY TO LONG!!!!!!

Feraligatr
04/27/2005, 01:30 PM
Just updated my original post where for Foreign language cards you can have either an English version of the card outside your deck or a copy of the official Pokemon TCG Card-Dex.

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/27/2005, 09:04 PM
The FER-man doesn't need any NEW boogie shoes, he already has those old "alligator" shoes! :biggrin: Now to fit those claws inside.

Keith

Alligator shoes o_O Whao,now you have a reason to dance on a table. :biggrin: Get them ready and get the music set for the 14th :clap:

Sensei
04/28/2005, 06:21 PM
I dunno who would be worse...Jeff or me! :lol:

ncpicachufan2000
04/28/2005, 06:35 PM
Without question- THE FER!! He's got the bum foot!

slicknscc
04/29/2005, 04:56 AM
Picachufan for president

supertyranitar
04/29/2005, 05:00 AM
XD, Patrick, Pickachu f0r president?! How bout me instead XD

slicknscc
04/29/2005, 05:08 AM
lol, sorry mike, but you can't out campaign picachufan........................................ ........

ncpicachufan2000
04/29/2005, 06:18 AM
No thanks P! NC is one thing, but the whole country??? Bush is doing such an excellant job- why would you want me??? Now Hilary, that a possiblity...after all- there will be all women on the main event (computer staff!). That will ROCK!

Feraligatr
04/29/2005, 07:15 AM
No thanks P! NC is one thing, but the whole country??? Bush is doing such an excellant job- why would you want me??? Now Hilary, that a possiblity...after all- there will be all women on the main event (computer staff!). That will ROCK!

Yep we will have an awesome computer staff (you go Girls!!!) with Wendy, ncpicachufan2000, and Rocketman's wife!!! :clap:

Feraligatr
04/29/2005, 07:19 AM
I dunno who would be worse...Jeff or me! :lol:

Definitely me!!! Just think of the images of a Fer dancing :eek:

Sensei
04/29/2005, 02:16 PM
Definitely me!!! Just think of the images of a Fer dancing :eek:

Thanks alot for the mental images THAT provoked. I DID NOT need that! :biggrin: :lol:

supertyranitar
04/29/2005, 02:37 PM
Well, just say TMI, b/c it is indeed to much info XD, i guess i got to bring my Double Edge Sword, just to break up any riots or what not XD

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/30/2005, 06:17 PM
Well, just say TMI, b/c it is indeed to much info XD, i guess i got to bring my Double Edge Sword, just to break up any riots or what not XD

You can never have too much info. :thumb: More info before time gives us more time to prepare and i got one more thing to say: Picachufan for president. LOL I fell he can do better then bush :smile:

ncpicachufan2000
05/01/2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Joe, we haven't offiically met but this is one WOMAN that doesn't want to follow in His (Bush's) foot prints(might get something nasty on my shoes if ya follow me) I won't be dancing either...

Tommy's Back
05/01/2005, 06:21 PM
Dancing Eh? Im gonna have to start serving people at the dance floor! :lol:

Ah, i'll probably be dancing

Tom

Lawman
05/01/2005, 06:34 PM
TB...you can only dance if you cut off that long hair :)

Keith

PS only 12 1/2 days to go!!!

Tommy's Back
05/01/2005, 06:46 PM
Keith, WHY do you have to burst my bubble? :lol:

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait.

Lawman
05/01/2005, 09:48 PM
TB...The pony tail looked pretty good yesterday. Better than the hang down all over your face look.

Keith

Tommy's Back
05/01/2005, 10:10 PM
Uh, thanks, i guess. I guess i'll wear a ponytail when i get there, and that'll be a definitive feature to me. :wink:

Tom

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/02/2005, 12:16 AM
Hey Joe, we haven't offiically met but this is one WOMAN that doesn't want to follow in His (Bush's) foot prints(might get something nasty on my shoes if ya follow me) I won't be dancing either...

Your right we havent officially met yet. I get what your saying in not folowing in bush's foot steps.

You know if you dance ill just join and and dance along with you. :biggrin: Im noust like that on occasion.

Tommy's Back
05/02/2005, 12:18 PM
Darn only 12 days left!

I know what deck im playing but thats a secret :thumb:
I know what sleeves im gonna get but i need to get them :frown:

Well im prepared all except for the sleeves which hopefully im getting today

Tom

ncpicachufan2000
05/02/2005, 01:16 PM
You can get sleeves from Van that morning-(DJ's cards and stuff- he is our on site vendor) he will be set up and ready to rock! He will have some stuff you haven't seen before too!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/02/2005, 03:42 PM
Pending a few cards i have a new friday night deck that if it works well might turn into my new england regionals deck :biggrin: Thank god judging gave me a box of cards and gave me my new deck idea all in oen day :)

Tommy's Back
05/02/2005, 03:47 PM
This is gonna be THE tourney for the east coast, im gonna enjoy this to no end and im sure i'll remember this experience a few years down the line!

IM SO EXCITED!!!

Tom

Feraligatr
05/02/2005, 04:58 PM
Only two weeks to go!!! Just saw some awesome cards from this set that will definitely have an impact on Regionals. Can't wait to see everyone there as the excitement continues build (especially for me) !!!

Tommy's Back
05/02/2005, 06:27 PM
Might start head-banging if there is rock hehe, keith knows!

Less than 2 weeks to go man, it just came around the corner! This is gonna be the biggest event i'll ever have been to, either way Win, Lose, or Draw i know i'll at least walk out knowing i had a good time, but in no way am i gonna go down without a fight! :biggrin:

Hopefully, i can take the title "King Of The East"

Hehe, This is gonna Rock,

Tom

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/03/2005, 03:09 PM
Only two weeks to go!!! Just saw some awesome cards from this set that will definitely have an impact on Regionals. Can't wait to see everyone there as the excitement continues build (especially for me) !!!

The scott trainer is very powerful if used right so watch it in some decks plus battle frontier is gonna be a trademark stadium to use.

:biggrin: see ya in 12 days!!!

supertyranitar
05/03/2005, 05:02 PM
Well, here is a line that represents eastern regionals
We go to east
Become a beast
MAN, THIS IS GOING TO BE FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!

GrandDaddy
05/03/2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Spike,

Here is the direct phone number for the Motel 6 Greensboro South 1-336-854-0993. I-85 and I-85 Business
merge just before you get there. You probably will not even know. Take Old Exit 122C Rehobeth Church Road
and you will see the Motel 6. It has the Old and New Exits posted. I think the New Exit is 30-something?? If
you get turned around my Cell is 678-521-0710.

See you on the "Pokemon Trail" at Eastern Regionals!!

GrandDaddy (Gary)

Spike
05/03/2005, 08:45 PM
wow this thing is close....

Sad news, but I probably wont be there. :frown: The way it turned out is that my mom has other plans that day, and I cant go with her. I asked around for carpooling and everyone is full. I may be able to get a bus ticket, and split a hotel with somebody from GA but its doubtful. If i dont make it, I hope everyone has a great time, and go GA!

Tommy's Back
05/03/2005, 08:49 PM
Gary? Warren? HEY!! Its me that kid at the TRR prerelease in Sevierville with the TR's Mewtwo?

Hehe, cool

Tom

Lawman
05/03/2005, 10:25 PM
yes TB, granddaddy = Gary W. who has attended some of our PRs

Keith

Tommy's Back
05/03/2005, 10:57 PM
COOL! Well now i know who he is on the 'gym

Tom

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/04/2005, 03:46 AM
Wow new people pop up for this each day. With only 10 days left i gotta wonder who from the boards im gonna get to meet. This event gets bigger by the day so thankfully im bringing a camera for all the pictures. :biggrin: Too bad we cant have a mr grass sighting there :rolleyes:

Prime
05/04/2005, 12:16 PM
People should wear those stickers that say:

HELLO,
My name is,
_________

and have your Pokegym name on it.

Tommy's Back
05/04/2005, 12:19 PM
Well i'll try to look good for the camera! Hehe, yeah prime, i should wear a sticker HELLO my name is Tommy's back now that'd be hilarious

Tom

Prime
05/04/2005, 12:21 PM
No, no, no, you totally misunderstood what I am saying. You would write stupid in the blank, not tommy's back, because everyone knows your stupid...j/k. You better look good at regionals as I don't want my camera breaking when I take a picture of you.

Tommy's Back
05/04/2005, 12:23 PM
Hehe, Ok i'll try to shower regularly...though i might not want to, i will

Tom

supertyranitar
05/04/2005, 04:08 PM
*blows up Shower* yeah folks we got a code Dirty on our hands XD
man, 10 days, CAN'T WAIT!!!

Stripes
05/04/2005, 04:10 PM
I think superty has lost it XD

supertyranitar
05/04/2005, 05:33 PM
Well Stripes, when your held in school for so long, you tend to, GO OUT of whack, its true.

Stripes
05/04/2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah most of those teachers are crazy.

Prime
05/04/2005, 05:36 PM
lol I bet you just can't wait for summer break to begin. This event will be a lot of fun and will bring many new experiences to me. Until then.

Spike
05/04/2005, 08:11 PM
-last chance :frown: -

Is there anyone here from GA that isnt already full for carpooling? I can pitch in money for gas. LMK quick, because time is runnin out!

Bus ticket: $109.00
Plane ticket: $160.00
Walking: Death

:tongue:

Tommy's Back
05/04/2005, 09:08 PM
So about the music...hey can there be a boom-box? So we put in CD's for people to listen to in between rounds? That would be a cool idea.

Tom

ncpicachufan2000
05/05/2005, 04:37 PM
-last chance :frown: -

Is there anyone here from GA that isnt already full for carpooling? I can pitch in money for gas. LMK quick, because time is runnin out!

Bus ticket: $109.00
Plane ticket: $160.00
Walking: Death

:tongue:

didn't I suggest this weeks ago???? Doesn't anybody ever listen to the mom???

Spike
05/05/2005, 04:44 PM
yes you suggested it weeks ago *hangs head*

I thought I would be able to go then... Then it turns out I can't : /

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/05/2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah i orrigionally was gonna bring a boombox but whne i found i needed to get a greyhound down there i said no. We should have a boombox playing pkemon music between rounds. Hey maybe eminem between rounds,ohh wait the 10- would be devestated if they heard those lyrics. >< How do you explain death and swearing to little kids and how do you get through the parents that woudl wanta hang you for not thinking about the hazards when you play that. :nonono:

Hey supert-tar i fell your pain. When i was in school all i thought about was pokemon and wrestling. Thats what got me through the days. Summer vacation was my best friend. Thankfully i graduated 3 years ago :biggrin: You dont remember how many people quit school up here and how close to crazy i went in there. @_@

supertyranitar
05/05/2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but hey, oh well, Anyway, wonder who all i get to meet and re-meet, its boggles the mind !_!, and Joe, looks like i get to meet you again! yay, this is going to be so much fun!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/05/2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah, but hey, oh well, Anyway, wonder who all i get to meet and re-meet, its boggles the mind !_!, and Joe, looks like i get to meet you again! yay, this is going to be so much fun!

Yes and ill get to meet you again. I remember you on the line for the worlds grinder. Great to get to meet you again and dont worry. On my raod to NC ill buy an eminem cd just incase someone has an evil plot to play good rap music with swearing and crazed messages in it:cool:

supertyranitar
05/06/2005, 05:02 AM
might not be a good idea, ShadowZangoose explodes when he hears rap of any kind XD.
I to remember the long Grinder line at worlds, it was fun though. Anyway, see everyone there =)!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/06/2005, 10:31 AM
might not be a good idea, ShadowZangoose explodes when he hears rap of any kind XD.
I to remember the long Grinder line at worlds, it was fun though. Anyway, see everyone there =)!

:cool: :cool: :cool: Even more of a reason to bring eminem cd's. Just to see shadow zangoose grab some kind of huge object and attack the boombox :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nah he is too cool to tick off. See ya all next weekend.

Prime
05/06/2005, 10:35 AM
Got my hat in yesterday. If your looking for me, just look for the guy with the hat with PR1ME on it.

This event will be fun.

ncpicachufan2000
05/06/2005, 11:33 AM
Got my hat in yesterday. If your looking for me, just look for the guy with the hat with PR1ME on it.

This event will be fun.

just fun?? have we ever dissapointed you??? Look at all the stuff we gave away at states! (still waiting for our "thank you" from a certain company...)

RainbowRichards
05/06/2005, 11:39 AM
You gave away a mailbox :confused:?

Tommy's Back
05/06/2005, 11:39 AM
Dude this'll be so cool!

Tommy's Back is gonna be there! AND ROCKING!!! *head-banging*

Tom

Feraligatr
05/06/2005, 12:17 PM
Due to availability just changed one of the door prizes (replaced Crystal Caste dice for the Rook satin deck boxes that are really cool looking!!!). We also might have one more contest to add...stay tuned!!! One week to go before this awesome event with the best judging crew bar none!!!

ncpicachufan2000
05/06/2005, 12:34 PM
You gave away a mailbox :confused:?

where did that come from???

meganium45
05/06/2005, 12:36 PM
Gatr, Gatr, always trying to build up your judges...remember, 2nd place is still OK too!

Good luck with the event! Can't wait to hear the reports!!!

Get to Worlds!!! GO To this event...then head down to Memphis on Memorial Day Weekend!!!

M45

RainbowRichards
05/06/2005, 12:37 PM
where did that come from???

Your original post (before the edit :wink:)

Feraligatr
05/06/2005, 12:43 PM
Gatr, Gatr, always trying to build up your judges...remember, 2nd place is still OK too!

Get to Worlds!!! GO To this event...then head down to Memphis on Memorial Day Weekend!!!

M45

M45 only because it's true... at least the best judges part...second...well... :biggrin:

ncpicachufan2000
05/06/2005, 12:53 PM
Your original post (before the edit :wink:)

Got cha! Not wanting to get in the HOT seat but tired of waiting for "stuff!"

ncpicachufan2000
05/06/2005, 12:54 PM

M45

Memphis?? Naw, how about MA? Yeah- headin to the ocean! Firefighter's back yard...LOL!