PDA

View Full Version : What Decks will win Regionals

Blaziken98
03/27/2005, 08:00 PM
Yes Rock-Lock is one deck that will take a couple of reginals but what else do you think will take a Reginal championship besides Lock. I also want to try to use something other than Lock at reginals...

ColdCoates90
03/27/2005, 08:01 PM
Oh brother,isn't it a little early to be asking this?

lukerc10t4
03/27/2005, 08:02 PM
maby lodi/macar

Blaziken98
03/27/2005, 08:03 PM

Not really just want to be ready the reginals are in about a month an a half.

supertyranitar
03/27/2005, 08:17 PM
Well, Rock, Blaze, Draggy, SceptiBro could take Regionals, oh, and possibly Sally as well.

Invader-ZIM
03/27/2005, 08:19 PM
Dark Draggy... Gardy ex... Blaze/ex... Rock-Lock... GreenHeal... Voodoo... ROUGE!... Sally ex... S-I-T-H... You name it, the possibility is there!

Who knows, perhaps something out of Emerald! That could be fun... But, a little slanted towards those inclined to gain the cards in a very, very short amount of time...

Just wondering too, a little off the subject, but have they announced WHERE the Regionals will be located according to their corresponding Regions...? Just for common knowledge, of course...lol

Blaziken98
03/27/2005, 08:22 PM
I know the Mid West Reginal Championship is in Utah this is the one I am going to be attending.

Invader-ZIM
03/27/2005, 08:43 PM
I know the Mid West Reginal Championship is in Utah this is the one I am going to be attending.

Actually, that's Mountain West... lol

Here, I'll list what Regions are where, just so everyone can gain a sort-of 'What to Metagame against' idea...
Northwest- Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana
North Cali- North of Bakersfield
Pacific South- Hawaii and Southern California (South of Bakersfield)
Mountain West- Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico
MidWest- North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois
Southern Plains- Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas
Mississippi Valley- Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana
Great Lakes- Michigan, Indiana and Ohio
Southeast- Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Puerto Rico
Eastern- South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington D.C.
Mid-Atlantic- Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware
Northeast- New York and Vermont
New England- Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island

Phew... There's the list, just so you know where to Meta against... Now, does anyone have an idea of what the Metagame is like in each Region...?lol

wolf52525
03/27/2005, 09:17 PM
Northwest 15+, I belive will go to Trevor H. oh wait, thats me! As long as I get second im good though.

BJJ763
03/27/2005, 09:31 PM
Off to the appropriate forum....

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
03/27/2005, 09:39 PM
Northwest Regionals is MINE! I don't know what I'm gonna use since Emerald ain't out yet.
Eho. Poor Trevor Alaska 0-6 States is coming. There is absolutely NO way Trevor can win. The Alaskans with there huskies are just to good... Well we can expect some Rock Locks yes... Draggys probaly... But you realy can't be sure until Emerald comes out with MolticEX and everything. So it realy is to early to decide.

supertyranitar
03/28/2005, 02:13 AM
Well, i feel that the decks to win would be
Sally
Rock Lock
Blaze
VEX
Sceptibro
Meta
Draggy
and many others, thats my input again, but those are what i feel will win a Regionals.

Tyranitar666
03/28/2005, 02:41 AM
I can tell you one deck that will win a Regionals. Mine.

FireFighter095ReBorn
03/28/2005, 11:46 AM
I know these decks were huge up here in states:

vileplume ex: 6th
darkdraggy mix: 4th
bex: 4th
zap-turn-dos: 2nd
voo-doo:1st
sally ex:1st

These are all decks that stand a great shot winning regionlas

In my opinion which deck will win regionals are these 2:

sally ex and voodoo

Both decks were beast up here in the northeast and i know people heard of the nick cap domination in rhode island with his voodoo deck so many people are probabily gonna try it now.

Me, i have zap-turn-dos that took 2nd in 2 states this year and ill bring it back to hopefully win me a trip to worlds. :biggrin:

Pokeplayer
03/28/2005, 12:14 PM
Dark Muk/Muk EX/Breelom...

dragonspy900
03/28/2005, 12:15 PM
Magma
BAM
Blaze
Rock-Lock
Zap-turn-dos
Gardy
Dark Draggy

cool-dude32
03/28/2005, 02:18 PM
I agree this is too early to talk about this because Emerald is coming out right before regional.

plaidlesspez
03/28/2005, 02:25 PM
Same here.

Cyrus
03/28/2005, 02:35 PM
Magma. It will win all 13 in each age division

PokeMontoya
03/28/2005, 03:04 PM
Vileplume if emerald will yeild us something nasty for it

Bobby
03/28/2005, 03:55 PM
Magma. It will win all 13 in each age division

These aren't Japan Regionals. XD

Methinks Rock's gonna take one or two, but assuming Milo ex IS released some rouges will see more time n the tourney spotlight. Blaze will win some, along wih Magma and possible metagross ( :eek: ) or something. Oh, and SITH, obv. :P

tecdecs
03/28/2005, 04:24 PM
sally
blaze
draggy
sceptile

i dont think rocklock will win anything because milotic ex stops the atm rock so that deck is going to be bad now

dragonspy900
03/28/2005, 04:40 PM
BAM(Bellossom/Arcanine/Magcargo) will win southeastern regonals because i'm playing it

Physics Squirrel
03/28/2005, 06:07 PM
Draggy

sally
blaze
draggy
sceptile

i dont think rocklock will win anything because milotic ex stops the atm rock so that deck is going to be bad now
The important thing is whether or not people play the Milotic ex. It would greatly weaken a deck in other matchups to use up those 2 spaces on the Milotic. So if any deck playing Milotic ex actually t8's :rolleyes:

Sceptile7990
03/28/2005, 07:34 PM
Theres no point to putting 1-1 milo ex in every deck. If the meta is filled with rock lock, it might be worth it. But dont put it in just for a couple of rock locks running around.

Blaziken98
03/28/2005, 09:15 PM
How do you guys even know though Milo Ex is even coming out in the next set any set Spoilers?

ARMondak
03/29/2005, 02:36 PM

Well that's essentially a given-either you or Drew will win there. Also do you have 2 rare candies I could borrow from you?

Ice'Cold
03/29/2005, 02:49 PM
Milotic EX will have to prove that it can take on lots of other decks as well. It still doesnt shut down rocklock completely and I think other decks like draggy and vileplume can put up a real good fight against it. I would laugh is someone plays Milotic Ex at regionals and there isnt a single rocklock in their age division.

Invader-ZIM
03/29/2005, 07:54 PM
Milotic EX will have to prove that it can take on lots of other decks as well. It still doesnt shut down rocklock completely and I think other decks like draggy and vileplume can put up a real good fight against it. I would laugh is someone plays Milotic Ex at regionals and there isnt a single rocklock in their age division.

Laugh? I'd be on the floor crying...:thumb:

lol

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
03/29/2005, 08:09 PM
How do you guys even know though Milo Ex is even coming out in the next set any set Spoilers?
MiloEX is in the next set because the next set isn't silver/gold because the next set has hoen pokemon in it. If you want comfirmation of the next set having hoenn in it go to pokebeach. And silver/gold can't have hoenn since it is all jhoto. MiloticEX can't be in the set after Emerald since then it would be part of a jhoto set. And we know it isn't in any other sets otherwise we wouldn't know about it. :wink:

PokeWisconsin
03/29/2005, 10:50 PM
Rock-Lock.

the_sniper
03/30/2005, 05:30 AM
Shouldn't we all c what Emerald brings us BEFORE we proclaim what decks are gonna dominate Regionals?
Just a thought

SLOW DECK
03/30/2005, 07:42 AM
Milotic EX might not be in general population for regionals, especially the early ones.

Moss Factor
04/02/2005, 02:19 PM
Fulop: I didn't know you were lending me your deck? Oh well, GG NO RE!

Milotic isn't going to be the end all everything that people are making it out to be imho. You can play milotic and do well vs. rocklock, but then you lose consistency vs. everything else.

Sure, rocklock is winning the most, but also its being played the most =\ Its definately a great deck but its not as dominant as Gatr in its day or BEX last season.

Ice'Cold
04/02/2005, 04:08 PM
Ah I remember the glory days of gatr and gatrsect. Full of good ol crobat decks among other things.

ryanvergel
04/03/2005, 12:47 AM
VEX
BEX*
BLEX
Sally*
Dragtrode*
Voodoo
RockLock*
STITCH
Magma
Gardy
zap-turn-dos

*=promising decks, but im sure a few rogue decks and some odd variants will take a few titles

RaNd0m
04/04/2005, 09:58 PM
Gah. Stop bolstering Zap-turn-dos. It isn't good! It wins usually on luck alone, OR against weaker players. Most good players can beat that deck almost every time so long as they have a way of killing one of them.

supertyranitar
04/04/2005, 10:05 PM
Ok, these decks IMO have a really good chance of winning
DragTrode
Blaze
Rock Lock
Magma(=/)
Metagross(yeap)
Rogue
Vex
anything else,
thats my input again, i feel those decks can win Zap turn is not very good, its fast, but as soon as the other player gets something big out, its over.

tecdecs
04/04/2005, 10:22 PM
1) Sally
2) blaze
3) amphy/ttar
4) draggy

zap-dos is a joke its more of a fun deck than a competitive deck. its weakness are other electric decks, anything that gets sets up. The 1 big thing i see in zap-dos is if u kill a zappy by turn 4 or 5 GG its all over.

wolf52525
04/05/2005, 12:45 AM
OK, this is how I see it. Blaze is still a very good deck but lost a lot when rock lock was created due to its heavy use of candy. If the only problem facing blaze is that rock is too much for it then milotic could bring back its power. Not to mention that milotic ex would really hurt if you happen to play vs. another blaze deck. dark dragonite is also a contender. anything that consistant and that fast always has a chance to win, just hope shard dies down a bit. I know people are saying that milotic wont solve all the rock lock problems but if a good deck can set one up and leave it on the bench, there is not a lot that rock can do, it may have to start playing POW or reversals to counter milotic. but lets face it, amphy isent going anywhere for the time being and as I have not had time to test my regionals deck yet (im not gonna start untill I know more about emerald) I am going with rock lock. :cool:

GrandmaJoner
04/05/2005, 06:37 PM
Supertyranitar you've said the same thing about 3 times.

supertyranitar
04/06/2005, 05:08 AM
OK, this is how I see it. Blaze is still a very good deck but lost a lot when rock lock was created due to its heavy use of candy. If the only problem facing blaze is that rock is too much for it then milotic could bring back its power. Not to mention that milotic ex would really hurt if you happen to play vs. another blaze deck. dark dragonite is also a contender. anything that consistant and that fast always has a chance to win, just hope shard dies down a bit. I know people are saying that milotic wont solve all the rock lock problems but if a good deck can set one up and leave it on the bench, there is not a lot that rock can do, it may have to start playing POW or reversals to counter milotic. but lets face it, amphy isent going anywhere for the time being and as I have not had time to test my regionals deck yet (im not gonna start untill I know more about emerald) I am going with rock lock. :cool:

Hmmm, i agree with this, b/c anything consistant does indeed have a chance at winning, and Zap-Turn-Dos is just bait for Amphy in rock lock, dies to Rex, dies to Trode, may i say more? And Joner, thanks for pointing out the obvious :nonono:

Tagrineth
04/06/2005, 01:34 PM
Not to mention that milotic ex would really hurt if you happen to play vs. another blaze deck.

Wrong.

Milotic ex will OHKO any Blaze they send up, and if you Streamed at least once first, it will OHKO Bex too.

...and Milo has 130 HP so it doesn't fear Ash, or even Stream-Ash.

DarkmasterchrisEX
04/06/2005, 01:36 PM
What ever deck the_Sniper plays lol

Squirtle
04/07/2005, 12:58 PM
Hmmm, i agree with this, b/c anything consistant does indeed have a chance at winning, and Zap-Turn-Dos is just bait for Amphy in rock lock, dies to Rex, dies to Trode, may i say more? And Joner, thanks for pointing out the obvious :nonono:

Don't get all bent over joner. You were the one who posted it. Oh and ,Grats on naming just about every deck played. Your right thoguh , I bet ONE deck will win regionals.

GUERO51
04/07/2005, 02:16 PM
I Like Blaze Alot, All I Am Going To Tech In Is Togetic. You Can Firestarter Energy's On It And Started Hitting Back Hard And Fast Since The Only Thing That Can Touch You Is Pidgeot From Then On. Even If Pidgeot Is Brought Up To Take On Your Togetic Just Rainbow Move A Big Attack From His Bench.

Stripes
04/07/2005, 03:12 PM
I'm beginning to lean on Slaking it seems pretty good. I'm trying to come up with my own version of rock lock right now(it's not going well). I guess we'll have to see.

supertyranitar
04/07/2005, 03:14 PM
Don't get all bent over joner. You were the one who posted it. Oh and ,Grats on naming just about every deck played. Your right thoguh , I bet ONE deck will win regionals.
i never did name every deck played, just the good decks played :nonono:

Whicker
04/07/2005, 04:28 PM
you did say anything else Mike =/

supertyranitar
04/07/2005, 04:29 PM
I guess i should have said anything else thats good, oops, sorry about that.

Squirtle
04/07/2005, 07:02 PM
i never did name every deck played, just the good decks played :nonono:

Hey super t-tar, Joner has a point,When you have over 2000 posts and average 7.3 posts a day on a public forum it can be real easy to repeat yourself.

Stripes
04/07/2005, 10:30 PM
Hey super t-tar, Joner has a point,When you have over 2000 posts and average 7.3 posts a day on a public forum it can be real easy to repeat yourself.

On another forum there are some with over 10,000 posts, talk about repeating yourself. :confused:

supertyranitar
04/08/2005, 02:06 PM
Yes, this i should know, any way, anything is possible, but, my opinion, and i don't mean to repeat, but i feel the top 3 decks that should win are
Blaze
Metattack
DragTrode
those should win a Regionals, IMO. :tongue:

ColdCoates90
04/08/2005, 02:45 PM
Wow no Rock-Lock? I think its kind of point less to talk about what's going to win regionals with another set coming out at the end of the month.

slicknscc
04/08/2005, 03:00 PM
i agree with moltres, also when people read this and tech for those decks then get suprised when something else beats them, they will blame you Lol

GrandmaJoner
04/08/2005, 09:10 PM
So supertyranitar which decks do you think will win regionals? god

supertyranitar
04/08/2005, 09:32 PM
Wow, saracasim, =/, anyways, already been stated, sheesh.

GrandDaddy
04/10/2005, 07:52 PM
If I roll enough heads it could be Execcutor!! Deal with it!!

Prime
04/10/2005, 07:54 PM
I can tell you what WON'T win Regionals. Whatever deck I play har har.

Tommy's Back
04/10/2005, 08:22 PM
lol,

Prime, you just love hitting yourself don't ya? Well i know rock-lock will take some regionals and blaze will probably take some and draggy could take some. I still think new decks could emerge out of emerald that could throw a monkey-wrench into rock-lock.

Anything is possible,

Tom

Shiloh Phoenix
04/10/2005, 09:24 PM
Blaze+miloex= one good blaze deck. GG, rock-lock states winner! I could see good rouge decks winning a few.

ZapTurnDos
04/17/2005, 10:06 PM
Ok this is how i see it. each set changes the game play. You cannot determin what decks are gonna win. Supprisingly most decks won with are decks people underestimate because u tech out against other decks. Personally i think this post should end because this is pointless to talk further about this. It will become redundent. :thumb:

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/17/2005, 11:54 PM
How dare you all blast zap-turn-dos. You read my post and how in 3 states i came within a hair of top 16 in cedar grove and 2nd in both milford and rhode island. I cant say much for the deck because its so hard to defend against alectric but i have beaten dark heart,darkness decks,rock lock,beddrill/crobat combo,magcago,moltres ex-balkze,and bex before so dont you EVER and i mean EVER diss zap-trun-dos because i have shown time and time again it can make it through tournaments with a respectible record and when i take a trip to worlds ill prove all you wrong and laugh at you when i sit there in the world championships. All i pray is the new manectrike is better the deoxys one.

Ohh yeah heres a tale about milford regionals:

I faced johhnybalze in top 4. In 5 turns he got me down 4 prizes so i was stuck knowing dragonite was built and hes 2 prizes from forcing game 3 so im a stunning and slow upset i came back from 4 prizes down to beat him with 5 minutes left in round. I beat him 2-0 but it was a very long comeback so before you diss zap-turn-dos watch what happens to me in regioanls and see if i can prove any of you posers wrong. :mad:

AXE
04/18/2005, 09:28 PM
Well besides from what ever i end up playin it will most likly go to:
Lock
Dragtrode
Vex
bex
Some rogue with milotic Ex in it,

Dave III

Shiloh Phoenix
04/18/2005, 09:34 PM
Milo will rock, oh yeah, I just tested it against rock-lock, it OWNZ. That blows up rock lock. All you have to do is take care of those dark amphys on the bench with BEX, and GG.

Sceptile7990
04/21/2005, 12:58 PM
Does it really blow up rock lock? Honestly, do you need to test to figure that out? -__-

Shiloh Phoenix
04/21/2005, 06:02 PM
It completely halts their strategy...nad I can take care of that amphy on the bench with bex before they POW up my milotic.

RaNd0m
04/21/2005, 06:52 PM
Milotic isn't THAT good. You're still making assumptions that you have certain conditions work in your favor every single time... Plus, you expect Rock Lock players to not find a way to beat it? Oi vay.

~ RaNd0m

HAT
04/21/2005, 07:11 PM
I think that if it is in the next set, i will play Steelix EX because i ordered a couple of japanese boxes and I have 3. I wont really care if i dont win, i just like playing japanese cards because they are cool. :wink:

ColdCoates90
04/21/2005, 11:00 PM
Milotic Ex is sooooo over-rated.Its an ex so you can't celio for it.Sand Damage+plus a tricky can kill it before its out.Lone feebas starts can kill you.Even if they do get a MiloEx out and start candying a bunch the rock-lock player will pow it up and kill it with a scramble on Amphy.(Thx Dark Umbreon)You lose space and concistency for a card that won't help you every game.

I heard that someone played Vilplume and only came up against 1 rock-lock.That may happen to someone play MiloEx too.

Shiloh Phoenix
04/21/2005, 11:23 PM
No, you PETM or quick search for it only when you can instantly rare candy into it. You NEVER let feebas or magikarp sit there when you can't immediately evolve. I already told you how to take care of the dark ampharos.

Setzer Gabbiani
04/21/2005, 11:32 PM
Milotic ex is great in Blaziken. The point of having it in play is not to let you go Rare Candy crazy, but instead to allow you time to put down all your Stage 2s while your opponent can't spread his damage. You don't play the matchup offensively, you play it with a Milotic down and a Jirachi (Hidden Legends) active.

When Rock-Lock can't.. well.. Rock.. its options are almost nothing versus Blaziken. If you're playing defensively and waiting for a competent opponent to go up on you in prizes, you're just asking to be hit with BEX and Admin, killing your Pidgeot and leaving you with almost nothing, as you still can't Rock, and have to draw both Scramble and Pow to take out Milotic. If you take the offensive (which, the problem is, can't include Rock, which means you have to use more than one energy to attack) you might kill the Jirachi (which would probably explode anyways with a Swoop to make bench room and make it harder to Pow), but you lose your Stage 2 120 HP Pokemon that's fully powered to a Rayquaza. You kill Rayquaza? Another one takes its place, and you're out of resources to try to fight it.

When played well, this matchup is already very good for Blaziken. But with a Milotic (and assuming it's not prized), Blaziken has a great advantage in this matchup. And, trust me; I know this matchup.

The problem with Blaziken now is that Milotic ex might start appearing in Dragonite, a very tough and not-so-straightforward matchup for Blaziken. Milotic ex can basically be Dragonite's answer to BEX, which is the one card it has at least some trouble dealing with. The difference between 3 energies on Rayquaza and 4 for a kill is big, even though it's only 10 HP.

JMHO.
~Matt

Tagrineth
04/22/2005, 12:45 AM
The problem with Blaziken now is that Milotic ex might start appearing in Dragonite, a very tough and not-so-straightforward matchup for Blaziken. Milotic ex can basically be Dragonite's answer to BEX, which is the one card it has at least some trouble dealing with. The difference between 3 energies on Rayquaza and 4 for a kill is big, even though it's only 10 HP.

Nah.

Just Stream it first.

the_sniper
04/22/2005, 05:22 AM
This thread really is pointless. Until we see what emerald is gonna bring ( and- more importantly- what translations hold) all of this is just pointless speculation.

Shiloh Phoenix
04/22/2005, 04:19 PM
Yes, milotic might just be a healing shower for only whoever plays it(teh roxors!)

DarkJake
04/22/2005, 05:56 PM
Milotic Ex is sooooo over-rated.Its an ex so you can't celio for it.Sand Damage+plus a tricky can kill it before its out.Lone feebas starts can kill you.Even if they do get a MiloEx out and start candying a bunch the rock-lock player will pow it up and kill it with a scramble on Amphy.(Thx Dark Umbreon)You lose space and concistency for a card that won't help you every game.

I heard that someone played Vilplume and only came up against 1 rock-lock.That may happen to someone play MiloEx too.

More like thx DJ cause I thought of the Pow! combo before anyone. *notices the date on his "rock lock revised" topic is earlier than he heard ppl mention other ppl use it*

Btw, I agree. Milo ex SUX.

tecdecs
04/22/2005, 07:06 PM
none of the decks we mentioned will win regionals, new stadium in emerald just killed all of our archetype decks

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18213

The_Worlds_Greatest
04/23/2005, 02:36 PM
You have to wait and see what comes out in EX Elmared

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/23/2005, 03:07 PM
none of the decks we mentioned will win regionals, new stadium in emerald just killed all of our archetype decks

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18213

Actually the new stadium helps deck that use the legedary brids because it gives them freedom of flying around while pidgeot is strapped down and metagross and drak dragonite are working with no power. Plus it helps out some other decks here that dont rely on powers.

So the stadium dosent hurt all decks mentioned here just alot of them :thumb:

Shiloh Phoenix
04/23/2005, 08:31 PM
blaze with cargo will pwn

the_sniper
04/23/2005, 10:10 PM
Yes, this i should know, any way, anything is possible, but, my opinion, and i don't mean to repeat, but i feel the top 3 decks that should win are
Blaze
Metattack
DragTrode
those should win a Regionals, IMO. :tongue:

Battle Frontier just blew 2 of your predictions right out the water. And that is only one card from this set.This emerald set that most people say sux WILL change the meta-game. Can't wait to c the rest of it.

And it looks like the mighty bird's day may be #ed. We'll C . Bet the Lynch household is happy lol

ColdCoates90
04/23/2005, 11:12 PM
More like thx DJ cause I thought of the Pow! combo before anyone. *notices the date on his "rock lock revised" topic is earlier than he heard ppl mention other ppl use it*

Btw, I agree. Milo ex SUX.
No dark Umbreon mentioned it after TRR came out on Apprentice.
So this won't be spam..Battle frontier single handedly overturned the current metagame. These are the decks that will rise to the top:

Vilplume EX
As soon a the Vile player plays a frontier it is locked until a Vile isn't in the active postion.Dragtrode and Rock-Lock get dominated alone by that combo.When Vile attacks it also has a 50% chance of blocking the opponent next move.(Sleep or Confusion)not to mention that Block Dust also blocks your oponent's Warp Point,Rare Candy,Atm Rock,R ball,Reversal,ect.Vileplume can also be played with Magcargo or Kingdra.

LudiCargo
Ludicolo has is not hurt by frontier at all and can use it against the opponent.It has a built in Pidgeot and is one of the more consistent decks out there.

I'm sure there are more but I gotta go.