NEW ENGLAND REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

WHEN:
Sunday, May 29, 2005

WHERE:
TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA 01757

REGISTRATION & START TIMES:
Registration is from 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Tournament starts at 11:30 AM
All participants must fill out a deck registration form. You can download the form at:
http://members.aol.com/PokeMeBob/RegionalsDeckReg.doc
In order to speed up the registration process and start the tournament on time, you are encouraged to bring a completed deck registration form to the event, and arrive at the tournament early to allow enough time for registration and deck checks. Don’t forget your POP ID# and damage counters.

ENTRY FEE:
Free

MODIFIED FORMAT:
This is a MODIFIED CONSTRUCTED tournament. Modified decks may only include cards from the following Pokémon sets:
Ruby & Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, Hidden Legends, Fire Red & Leaf Green, Team Rocket Returns, Deoxys, Emerald, EX: Trainer Kit, POP Series 1 promo cards, Black Star Promo cards numbered 001 and higher, basic energy cards from any set. Cards from the World Championships Decks are not legal.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE:
Three age-separated Swiss tournaments will run simultaneously, one for each of the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up. Swiss rounds will be single-game matches. At the end of Swiss rounds, the top players in each age group will participate in single elimination final matches (best 2 out of 3 games) do determine the final standings.

TUNE-UP TOURNEY:
We will hold a Modified Swiss tournament on Saturday, May 28, at 4:00PM at TJs for those of you in town the evening before Regionals. Entry fee is $5. Prizes will depend upon the number of players, but the top 1/3 will receive prizes.

RAFFLE:
Every player who enters the tournament will receive a raffle ticket upon registration. Raffle prizes will be awarded at the end of Swiss Rounds. Raffle prizes are...

5 Nintendo WORLD Pichu Promos
Fire Red Leaf Green Mobile
Deoxys Mobile
Jumbo Pokemon Card Back
Jumbo Gyarados Card
Deoxys Poster
Framed Set of Target Promos
State Championships Notebook and Pen
POP Card Folder
Japanese Legendary Birds 3-Ring Binder
Complete POP Series 1 Set
Holo Kyogre and Groudon Promos 001 and 002
Pokemon Center Rapidash and Ho-oh Promos #51 and 52
Professor-stamped Prof. Oak’s Research
Professor-stamped Basic Energy Set
Signed Multi Energy Winner Promo
Signed Jumbo Electabuzz Best #1 Promo
Deoxys Booster Box
Pikachu Squishy
Mewtwo Plush
Togepi Figure
Tomy Pikachu Figure
Haunter Lenticular Notepad
POP Tote Bag

CARD SLEEVES:
The newly introduced “art-backed” card sleeves will be permitted. However, reflective-backed sleeves (plain, patterned, or with graphics) will NOT be permitted. Please plan accordingly.

MORE INFORMATION:
For more information about Regionals, the Modified Format, and the Pokémon Floor Rules, go to the Pokémon Organized Play website at www.op.Pokemon-tcg.com (http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/) Still have questions? Send an email to tjcollect@aol.com or contact TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford MA 01757 (508) 473-5874 www.tjcollect.com (http://www.tjcollect.com/)

PRIZES:
All participants receive a Regional Championship promo card just for entering, while supplies last. Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up. The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships.
A scholarship award worth $1500
A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
An invitation to the Pokémon World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championship.
A scholarship award worth $1000

3rd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $500

4th Place
A scholarship award worth $500

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

And don't forget, TJs will be hosting a Gym Challenge in Milford, MA on Sunday, June 12. Get all the info here... http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18017

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/10/2005, 10:26 AM
BOB,
Great to see you and tom get to run 2 regionals in the eastren USA. Always a blast to play at team TJ's events wherever they are held.

I am confused because emerald hits streets before the the milford regional so can we use the new set in milford regionals?? :confused:

See ya all next month for regionals where i hope to do better then my 2nd place finishes from MA and RI even though 2nd this time means i go to worlds. :thumb: :biggrin: :pokeball:

Magnechu
04/10/2005, 06:18 PM
Can't wait! The Chu Crew'll be there. It'll be awesome, as it always is. Haven't been to TJ's in awhile actually. ;p

~Chu

Feraligatr
04/11/2005, 10:48 AM
BOB,
Great to see you and tom get to run 2 regionals in the eastren USA. Always a blast to play at team TJ's events wherever they are held.

I am confused because emerald hits streets before the the milford regional so can we use the new set in milford regionals?? :confused:

See ya all next month for regionals where i hope to do better then my 2nd place finishes from MA and RI even though 2nd this time means i go to worlds. :thumb: :biggrin: :pokeball:

FireFighter095ReBorn the Ex Emerald will be legal for all Regionals since the official release date is May 9. Which for the NE Regionals gives you some time to test out the new cards. :thumb:

Feraligatr
04/11/2005, 10:52 AM
Okay change in plans. We will be coming up for this event. We have a friend that just moved to Philly so we will get a chance to visit on the way up or back. Watch out...the South (NC & SC) will be invading the North...LOL. :eek: We are looking forward to it since we have never been to MA (farthest to date was Harmon Meadows for ECSTS). Look forward to meeting new faces and seeing Johnny Blaze again!!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/11/2005, 11:05 AM
be warned that the NY crew will be there:

Johhnyblaze and his kids,LuMaga1,DarkAsh and myself along with some well known faces from the upstate area so well all be looking to get that trophy and worlds trip. Will be a great event all around and great to see some players from out of the area making the trip this time. Wanna get a battle with Magnechu. Havent battled him yet and heard he was a good player.

See ya all next month in milford :biggrin:

JohnnyBlaze
04/11/2005, 03:27 PM
Look forward to meeting new faces and seeing Johnny Blaze again!!!

Likewise. Boy this is going to be a great time. TJ runs a very professional and organized event so for those that are traveling a distance it is definately worth the trip.

And Nick will be in the 11-14 division that day and on as his B-day is May 24th :o

ncpicachufan2000
04/14/2005, 10:40 AM
Sounds like fun! Long way to go but hey - that's us!

Monkey
04/15/2005, 04:05 PM
I'll be there!

Nightmare
04/15/2005, 04:24 PM
Well, I'm kinda screwed on the NJ tourney because of a major date conflict with something else I do......

Anyone up for a video game tourney side event in MA?

-James

Feraligatr
04/20/2005, 12:12 PM
Hey is anyone else coming ??? If not, I might bring my 5 year old to compete in this one. :wink:

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/21/2005, 02:05 AM
Hey is anyone else coming ??? If not, I might bring my 5 year old to compete in this one. :wink:

Expect a good 35 in the 15+,15 or more in 11-14 and a good 10 or more in 10- this time due to the crowds flodding in for the regionals. Thats an estimate i can see not dont known what the final tally will be yet.

supertyranitar
04/21/2005, 04:06 AM
If you do that father, well, everyone will have to let her win, j/k XD
This is going to be fun, can't wait, :biggrin:

BJJ763
04/21/2005, 04:49 AM

Please bring him/her. I might bring my youngest. Maybe JohnnyBlaze'll bring his youngest. They can all hang out together and have a good time!

FF09RB - that's the normal figures, hopefully we'll get more than just the regulars!

Hot Mustid
04/26/2005, 07:25 PM
Oh boy I get to meet supertyranitar!

...dont know if thats a good thing or not

supertyranitar
04/26/2005, 08:21 PM
Why would it not be a good thing? Don't worry, you got nothing to fear =D.

Feraligatr
04/27/2005, 06:12 AM
-[0t (V)uSt|d<--=']Oh boy I get to meet supertyranitar!

Plus some more people from NC that I heard are coming too!!! :biggrin:

JohnnyBlaze
04/27/2005, 03:30 PM
Plus some more people from NC that I heard are coming too!!!

Yes more competition will lead to a variety of different decks and a very fun day. Woot! Woot! Cant wait.

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/27/2005, 08:10 PM
-[0t (V)uSt|d<--=']Oh boy I get to meet supertyranitar!

Yah cap like always will be there for the fun. Ill be ready for you again and hopefully ill make top 2 again so i can get another piece of you and this time take you down :cool:

gdog121
04/27/2005, 08:39 PM
Uh oh i hear a rematch challege. Nick Vs. Joe Part II. But will we see them in one more match or never again. But i would like to see it. Nick vs Joe part I was great i would love to see it again. They went head to head - move for move / pokemon for pokemon : Prize for prize. All i have to say is One more match! One more Match!One more match!One more Match! Hey wait a second if they have one more i wont be in the Finals :eek:

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/27/2005, 11:55 PM
Uh oh i hear a rematch challege. Nick Vs. Joe Part II. But will we see them in one more match or never again. But i would like to see it. Nick vs Joe part I was great i would love to see it again. They went head to head - move for move / pokemon for pokemon : Prize for prize. All i have to say is One more match! One more Match!One more match!One more Match! Hey wait a second if they have one more i wont be in the Finals :eek:

LOLOL thats a great dream to have. Me get anotehr finals rematch againt cap. I know it probabily wont happen but hey if i get a finals rematch against him i hope all my buddies would be there to see it :biggrin: I know ill be rolling back the tears from knowing ill be finally playing in worlds but ill also be sitting there with the biggest smile i can give knowing ill have cap in another rematch.

5 years i wanted to be in the best in this game. I have Never been arrogant or selfish and always bided my time when i play a deck. For 4 years i either came so close or crashed into the losers column but this year i may just do it, i may just win my way to worlds so all i can do is play hard and see. Ive been to both worlds they had but paid my way there each time. Ive never won my way to worlds before so If i win the trip i think ill be like wwe superstar chris beniot when he won the title at wrestlemaina 20. Ill just cry in joy and be overwelmed in many emotions. This game has been a HUGE part of my life for so long giving me alot of my buddies and memories ill always cherish so its as much a hobby as a 2nd life for me :)

Ill see ya all at regionals :biggrin:

Ohh and gdog if i make the finals id want to face you and get a good hard battle for the title.

ncpicachufan2000
04/28/2005, 05:25 AM
Hey Joe- what happens if all the cards "fall" the right way before MA...this could be your year! GO JOE!

Feraligatr
04/28/2005, 06:25 AM
Definitely shaping up to be a fun day with lots of competition!!! Looking forward to seeing the metagame in this area.

Hot Mustid
04/28/2005, 04:05 PM
This will probably be the biggest tourney that tjs has ever seen for pokemon!

I cant wait!

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/28/2005, 07:45 PM
-[0t (V)uSt|d<--=']This will probably be the biggest tourney that tjs has ever seen for pokemon!

I cant wait!

Guarenteed and the most mixed atmosphere in way or decks milford has ever seen. I know this will be blast and when its all said and done the best decks will walk off to worlds. :)

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/17/2005, 09:54 AM
Guarenteed and the most mixed atmosphere in way or decks milford has ever seen. I know this will be blast and when its all said and done the best decks will walk off to worlds. :)

With only 12 days left i wanted to bring this back from the grave and let people who havent already saeen it see what is in store for TJ's 2nd regionals at thier home base of milford,MA. Its alreasy said to be one of the most mixed fields yet and with all the poeple who are coming its also gonna be one of the best regionals this year. See ya all in 12 daysa!! :biggrin:

Feraligatr
05/17/2005, 12:41 PM
Two weeks to go and can't wait for our first trip to MA. Look forward to seeing you there Joe!!!

Dendrobatida
05/17/2005, 04:44 PM

If you're driving.... :P

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/17/2005, 07:17 PM
Two weeks to go and can't wait for our first trip to MA. Look forward to seeing you there Joe!!!

It was a blast in greensboro and its gonna be cool to meet you and your family again. I hope this time i geta 2nd shot at ludicargo at its best :)

See ya in 2 weeks

Hot Mustid
05/17/2005, 08:26 PM
its gonna be cool to meet some of you guys

supertyranitar
05/18/2005, 04:05 AM
I can't wait, i'm pumped for this tourney. This is going to be 1337!

Feraligatr
05/18/2005, 06:34 AM
I'll be throwing in a booster box of Ex Emerald for the raffle too!!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/18/2005, 03:25 PM
WOW jeff that is wild. Another great prize from the gator. Now it makes me even more temped to come and be in this event.

JohnnyBlaze
05/18/2005, 07:13 PM
I'll be throwing in a booster box of Ex Emerald for the raffle too!!!

Dude you are awesome. Coming all this way and doing something like that. That is a class act. Nice :-)

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/19/2005, 02:58 PM
Dude you are awesome. Coming all this way and doing something like that. That is a class act. Nice :-)

Your right dude this is a class act but i would expect nothing else from a stand up guy like jeff. He would come to an event this far and shake it up for the better. :biggrin:

Feraligatr
05/20/2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks Guys...Also it turns out I have an extra Ex Emerald Manectric and Milotic theme deck to throw in to the door prizes too. See everyone in a week!!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/20/2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks Guys...Also it turns out I have an extra Ex Emerald Manectric and Milotic theme deck to throw in to the door prizes too. See everyone in a week!!!

Dang, O_O how much more will youn throw in :lol:?? This raffle is gonna be a big one coem regionals. I wonder if bob will throw any surprizes in the pot come next sunday o_O??

supertyranitar
05/20/2005, 12:08 PM
This is going to be sweet, and i got this secret deck that no one knows about, so watch out everyone, *cue music* BUM BUM BUM!!!

PokeMeBob
05/22/2005, 08:25 AM
For those of you in town the evening before the New England Regionals, we will be holding a Modified Swiss Tune-Up tournament at TJ Collectibles at 4:00PM on Saturday, May 28. Entry fee is $5. Registration will be from 3:30-4:00PM. Prizes will depend on the number of players, but the top 1/3 are guaranteed prizes!

Hope to see you at TJs this weekend.

Drive safely.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/22/2005, 01:47 PM
For those of you in town the evening before the New England Regionals, we will be holding a Modified Swiss Tune-Up tournament at TJ Collectibles at 4:00PM on Saturday, May 28. Entry fee is $5. Prizes will depend on the number of players, but the top 1/3 are guaranteed prizes!

Hope to see you at TJs this weekend.

Drive safely.

Nice touch to such a great weekend. If i could be there i would but i cant get there sadely. Good luck to all who go and ill see ya all the next day for regioanls. :biggrin:

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/24/2005, 04:06 AM
5 days left everyone!!!!! Cant wait to see evryone there and get to play against all the great compoetion from the east coast. TJ's will be crammed this time around. :biggrin:!!!

supertyranitar
05/24/2005, 04:13 AM
4 More days Yo!

Feraligatr
05/24/2005, 10:12 AM
Just a few days to go. If we don't get caught in any traffic jams we will be there for the Sat tourney too...as the South invades the North!!!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/24/2005, 08:35 PM
Just a few days to go. If we don't get caught in any traffic jams we will be there for the Sat tourney too...as the South invades the North!!!

Pending the tourney ending and who makes it to the finals if any i think your family and the firefighers crew should all go to the applebees and celebrate a great toruney after it ends. There is one a few miles past TJ's in milford and it would be cool to have a huge dinner with you and the crew from NC. :clap:

TheDarkTwins
05/24/2005, 09:54 PM
I believe I found someone who is willing to give me a ride so i should be there too... w00t!! So i will be there too... I have a great time at the Northeast reg. so this should be no different...
Hope to see everyone there...
Drew

Edit: I Had a great time not have*
Drew

BJJ763
05/25/2005, 03:44 AM
I have a great time at the Northeast reg. so this should be no different...

Well this one should be different - it will be better!

supertyranitar
05/25/2005, 04:00 AM
This one will be excellent i bet that much, and only 4 Days to go!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/25/2005, 09:24 AM
Dang now drew too. This is getting better by the second and yes 4 days left so i cant wait. See ya sunday everyone.

TheDarkTwins
05/25/2005, 09:40 AM
Yup Should Be Fun Fun Fun in the Sun... LMAO... :biggrin:
Drew

PokeMeBob
05/25/2005, 03:30 PM
Yup Should Be Fun Fun Fun in the Sun... LMAO... :biggrin:
Drew
I wish it would be so, but we're in the middle of a Nor'easter that's expected to keep it raining, off an on, throughout the weekend. What better way to spend a rainy weekend than indoors playing Pokemon!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/25/2005, 03:51 PM
Rain is better on this weekend because everyone will be stuck indoors and what better to do then play pokemon while your stuck indoors. :thumb: With 4 days left im so pumped so see ya all there this sunday. :biggrin:

JohnnyBlaze
05/25/2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah welcome to the Great north East where one day it is Sunny and in the 80's and the next day there is 3 feet of snow. Actually the extended Memorial Day forecast looks to be in the 70's. Dont hold me on that though. Thats why Im no meteorologist.

Cant wait see everyone again. I'll be wearing my Red Johnny Blaze shirt and Tan cargo pants with White sneakers.

PokeMeBob
05/26/2005, 04:54 AM
The forecast for Saturday and Sunday looks promising...20-30% chance of showers, high around 70 degrees. In light of all the recent rain, this looks great! Should be okay for traveling to Milford.

See you all Sunday.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/26/2005, 12:44 PM
Bob when it comes to a worlds trip you know half the country will travle through thunderstorms and massive rains to make it.

Great to hear the forcast looks sunny and mild with little chance of rain.

I heard a charter bus of people are coming for this from out in the NYC/NJ area. :eek:

I still hold this notion made my nick cap true: "I dont know how TJ's will hopld all the people coming down" I cant see TJ's being enough space for the regionals even with all the room they pack. I hope this isent so big it really jams the downstairs area. I am wondering if everyone postings hit if its gonna sounds liek and be like the spanish running of the bulls to see who is playing who??

I know in greensboro they needed 2 boards to post the 15+ pairings due to how packed it got. :redface:

Feraligatr
05/27/2005, 08:00 AM
2 days to go!!! Can't wait to see everyone. Hope to make the Sat tournament too...travel/traffic permitting.

supertyranitar
05/27/2005, 08:13 AM
Boy, that Secret deck of mine really can't wait for this, this is going to be awesome! >=)

Nightmare
05/27/2005, 09:40 AM
I'm out. Travel difficulties.

-James

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/27/2005, 01:48 PM
Boy, that Secret deck of mine really can't wait for this, this is going to be awesome! >=)

Awesome. I hope you do very well with the deck this sunday. No need to keep my deck secret because its my favorite deck to play. Zappy with trode and manectrike :biggrin: See ya all in 2 days,wow 2 days-this is coming fast!! :redface:

PokeMeBob
05/28/2005, 08:32 AM
Don't forget the Tune-Up Tourney at 4PM Saturday!

BJJ763
05/28/2005, 11:34 AM
Can't make the Tune Up....Oh well see you in 17.5 hours (though some of you earlier).

ncpicachufan2000
05/28/2005, 03:33 PM
Hubby and the gang just got up there- only took 14 hours to get there! LOL!
Shucks - missed that FUN ride! LOL!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/28/2005, 08:21 PM
Hubby and the gang just got up there- only took 14 hours to get there! LOL!
Shucks - missed that FUN ride! LOL!

Great to hear the group made it safely to milford. See ya tomorrow for the regional and i hope jeff plays because it would be a shame if he had to judge for it.

ncpicachufan2000
05/28/2005, 09:04 PM
Great to hear the group made it safely to milford. See ya tomorrow for the regional and i hope jeff plays because it would be a shame if he had to judge for it.

Well then I guess it will be a shame cause he is the official scorer! You will have enough to worry about with the 15+ crowd...more NC people...have fun all! Jeff gets to play in Philly next week! Go Michael- mom's pulling for you!

ncpicachufan2000
05/29/2005, 02:39 PM
Michael R. And Jeff R both made the top 8- just called and they are still playing! GO team bananas!

ncpicachufan2000
05/29/2005, 05:55 PM
Michael R won the 11-14! Final match Michael R against Michael B! WTG Mike! Make the mama proud!

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/30/2005, 07:28 AM
Well Michael R won the regioanl so he is going to worlds. Would like to hear how jeff ended. I know when we left he was in the most heated battle in the top 8.

Congrats to michael for winning and for all who made it in to the top 8.

See ya in 2 weeks for the gym challenge

PokeMeBob
05/30/2005, 08:00 AM
New England Final Results and Attendance:

10 & Under = 24
11-to-14 = 29
15 & Up = 45
TOTAL = 98

10 & Under:
1st ~ Chris F.
2nd ~ Geoffrey S.
3rd ~ Paul A.
4th ~ Jacob B.

11-to-14:
1st ~ Michael R.
2nd ~ Michael B.
3rd ~ Nick K.
4th ~ Daniel M.

15 & Up:
1st ~ Allan S.
2nd ~ Nick C.
3rd ~ Dan R.
4th ~ Frankie D.

Thanks to all that participated. Hope to see you at the TJs Gym Challenge on June 12.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/30/2005, 09:26 AM
So alan sobo finally did it. I was his only loss all day and he bounced back to win it all. Congrats alan and nick c for winning a trip. Nick deserved to win the trip up. Hope nick can repeat his worlds top 16 this year Also congrats to mike reynolds for winninga nd jeff for getting top 8.