PDA

View Full Version : High Point, NC Gym Challenge - 6/11/05 (Final Results)

Feraligatr
04/13/2005, 01:18 PM
Just confirmed location and date for the NC Gym Challenge. See details below and stay tuned for future updates to the door prizes!!! :clap:

2619 South Main St Suite 125
High Point, NC
336-883-9900
web site: http://www.djscards.com/

Directions
From Eastern/Western NC: I-40 East or I-40 West to I-85 South to the US-311 exit. Turn right onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

From GA: I-85 North to the US-311 exit. Turn left onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

From Charlotte & Columbia, SC: I-77 North to I-85 North to the US-311 exit. Turn left onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

From Anderson/Greenville, SC: I-85 North to the US-311 exit. Turn left onto US-311 and go about 2-3 miles. The store is in the same shopping center as Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

Date
Sat, June 11

Registration Time
11:00am - 12:00pm

Deck registration sheets will be required and available on site.

Click on link to fill out a deck sheet ahead of time:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ncbeachcat/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/gc_deck_sheet.pdf

Start Time
12:30pm

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified. Only cards from Ex Ruby & Sapphire thru Ex Emerald are allowed unless the card has been reprinted in one of the sets above (i.e. Warp Point, Switch, etc...) then the older version can be used.

Prizes

1st Place
An invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships™ in 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
36 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

2nd Place
18 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

3rd & 4th Place
9 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

5th thru 8th Place
4 booster packs of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

9th and After
1 booster pack of the most current Pokémon TCG expansion

Door Prizes
Nintendo DS Bundle
Ultra Pro Backpack
Ultra Pro Carrying Case (1 per age group)
Pokemon Plush Figures (1 per age group)
Ex Deoxys Collectors Box (1 per age group)

Jim Ferrell
04/13/2005, 01:26 PM
I was pretty sure that I was able to go to this, I am not so sure anymore. We shall see.

Edit: 4/15

~Jim

GrandDaddy
04/13/2005, 03:28 PM
We wouldn't miss it for anything! "Team Kcletus" from Newnan, Georgia will be on the "Pokemon Trail".

TheCrossFormatKid
04/13/2005, 03:29 PM
Man i really wish i could come, but its on the day after graduation, i'll be too pooped from partying :-p

Feraligatr
04/15/2005, 07:37 AM
Jim Ferrell - Look forward to seeing you there and welcome to NC!!!

GrandDaddy - Look forward to seeing the GA invasion...could be a GA sweep!!!

TheCrossFormatKid - Congrats on graduation...you might want to come down anyway...lack of sleep = winning age group!!!

Feraligatr
04/15/2005, 07:44 AM
Just added pre-registration info to the original post. Don't forget so you can be sure to get the promo card/pin!!!

slicknscc
04/29/2005, 03:55 AM
Can't wait, and i still believe this store is the best..... :clap:

Feraligatr
04/29/2005, 06:22 AM
Can't wait, and i still believe this store is the best..... :clap:

YUP!!! The store owner's are absolutely awesome!!! Stay tuned next week for an update on some cool door prizes!!! :biggrin:

Feraligatr
05/11/2005, 08:13 AM
Just updated with the door prizes!!! Don't forget to pre-register to reserve your seat, promo card, and promo pin!!!

Soviet Mewtwo
05/11/2005, 08:07 PM
Shweet, can't wait for this either, THIS IS GOING TO BE TIGHT!

Feraligatr
05/19/2005, 06:49 AM
Just under a month to go!!! Stay tuned for a possible addition to the door prizes!!!

Feraligatr
05/25/2005, 10:21 AM
A little over two weeks to go!!!

Jim Ferrell
05/25/2005, 10:43 AM
Definitely looking forward to this. Hope to see you all there.

~Jim

Feraligatr
05/31/2005, 08:55 AM
Two weeks to go. Almost done shopping for the cool door prizes!!! First chance after Regionals to get the trip to Worlds. Don't forget the trip does pass down!!!

Prime
05/31/2005, 09:25 AM
Pretty sure the Asheville Crew will be there. For some that is good and for others...

Prime
06/03/2005, 08:50 PM
This is a call to everyone attending this event. My friend David needs to get his hands on 2 Muk EX. If anyone has any and is willing to let him borrow them, please let me know.

Feraligatr
06/06/2005, 05:49 AM
Chance to win a trip and invite this weekend in NC!!! Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Feraligatr
06/07/2005, 12:52 PM
Just received some goodies from PUI that will be given out as door prizes on Saturday!!!

Prime
06/07/2005, 12:54 PM
That's cool Jeff. I like the store in High Point...oh wait..I like the bar next to it even more! lol. It's a cool place. Cya this weekend Jeff and friends.

Lawman
06/07/2005, 12:54 PM
How many have preregistered Jeff?? Am contemplating coming over this saturday if I get the cards in for Alex's deck. Thx Keith

Tommy's Back
06/07/2005, 12:57 PM
HEY HEY HEY!!! I heard that keith! If alex goes im strapping myself to the hood of your car! :lol:

Well if i don't go, i hope you guys have a great time...CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEVIERVILLE GYM CHALLENGE!

Tom

Prime
06/07/2005, 12:59 PM
Keith, your welcome to borrow any cards you need this and next weekend.

ncpicachufan2000
06/07/2005, 01:06 PM
How many have preregistered Jeff?? Am contemplating coming over this saturday if I get the cards in for Alex's deck. Thx Keith

Send us a PM with what you need- we might be able to help! Oh and you can bring Tommy too- that's up to you! LOL!

Tommy's Back
06/07/2005, 01:10 PM
MWAHAHAHAHAHA DARK SIDE INFLUENCE! Keith....you will bring me...and you will buy me a large chocolate shake...

Alex, will do well this weekend as he always does, so this will be no suprise to anyone!!! *End Influence*

So uh, see ya later

Tom

Feraligatr
06/07/2005, 01:15 PM

Keith we have plenty of room and hardly anyone pre-registered. I just emailed you so let me know what cards you need. Hope to see you guys this weekend (you can also strap that Tommy's Back character to the top of your car too...LOL).

Lawman
06/07/2005, 01:19 PM
We will see and TB...I will let you knowlater in the week.....nothing is set in stone yet.

Keith

ncpicachufan2000
06/07/2005, 01:59 PM
We will see and TB...I will let you knowlater in the week.....nothing is set in stone yet.

Keith

Well come on dude- set the stone!

Feraligatr
06/08/2005, 07:19 AM
I think I forgot to mention I also have some additional goodies (from PUI) besides the promo card and pin to hand out when you register...while supplies last so come early so you don't miss out!!!

Muk Man
06/09/2005, 02:09 AM
YES!!!!
I finally got a weekend off...so i will be there EARLY!!!!
Causing madd chaos with another Rogue Deck :cool:

supertyranitar
06/09/2005, 02:11 AM
Well, i may actully get to see you there this time sir Muk Man lol

Feraligatr
06/09/2005, 11:01 AM
Just found out there will be a reporter from one of the local papers (Greensboro News & Record) at the event to cover it...don't miss your chance to be in the paper!!! See everyone in 2 days!!!

Spike
06/09/2005, 11:04 AM
i know this is kind of off topic, but is there going to be a gym challenge in greensboro SC?

Feraligatr
06/09/2005, 11:10 AM
i know this is kind of off topic, but is there going to be a gym challenge in greensboro SC?

Do you mean Greensboro, NC ? If so, this is covering both the Greensboro & High Point areas as they are cities next to each other.

Spike
06/09/2005, 11:16 AM
maybe it was NC, i cant remember exactly where i'm talking about. It was the state championships that was at The Fine Art Of Baseball. *has bad memory*

Prime
06/09/2005, 11:46 AM
Fine Art of Baseball is Columbia, SC. Greensboro was Regionals.

Spike
06/09/2005, 11:59 AM
ahhh, thats right.

Feraligatr
06/09/2005, 12:52 PM
If you are referring to South Carolina States that was at the Fine Art of Baseball in Columbia, SC. Due to circumstances all Premier Events have been moved from there to Planet Comics in Anderson, SC (which is actually closer to you Spike). Hence the Gym Challenged scheduled for Sunday, June 26 (which was scheduled around GA's Gym Challenge on Sat, June 25 to give players a second chance that weekend).

Spike
06/09/2005, 12:55 PM
ya, i was wondering why i didnt see anything else for SC. I just hope 2 chances is enough for me lol.

Muk Man
06/10/2005, 01:16 AM
24 hours and counting

Jim Ferrell
06/10/2005, 07:00 AM
This event should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

~Jim

Lawman
06/10/2005, 08:16 PM
Looks like the TN crew of Alex & I (TB if we woulda tied him to the hood for a fancy schmancy new hood ornament...at least it woulda had LOTS of hair!) wont be coming your way tomorrow. Still have that darn brief to finish (wishes the phone fairy would have kept the crazies away today) for monday. Will see the Fer crew in Sevierville the next wkend along w/ the Asheville wrecking crew! Good luck to all!! Enjoy another quality tourney brought to you by DJ Jazzy Jeff!

Keith

Psst........Jeff, if you wanna slip any of your goodies to bring to Sevierville's Gym, I wont tell a SOUL! :biggrin: I have a few goodies of my own for the give aways and Jon will bring some too. Will be a blast!

Feraligatr
06/10/2005, 08:45 PM
Boo...hiss...sorry we won't see you guys this weekend. Well there is always next weekend. As the Fer crew invades TN. I will see what I can pull out of my bag for next weekend??? Stay tuned.....

SuperWooper
06/11/2005, 08:38 PM
Sooooooo...

results? :thumb:

Feraligatr
06/11/2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming out and playing yesterday!!! Special thanks to the players from Georgia (Dollars & Colby B) and South Carolina (Patrick W & Jacy S) for making the trip!!! Also special thanks to DJ's Cards & Stuff for hosting, Jordan H and Michael B for judging (our celebrity judges!!!), and my awesome assistant Toni for her help!!! I couldn't have pulled it off without everyone's help!!! We also had a local reporter and photographer there and the article and pictures will be published in the Greensboro News & Record tomorrow (Sunday edition). Congrats to our trip winners:

10-: Hunter W.
11-14: Michael Beh.
15+: Jim F. (Gymbo)

Congrats to Matt R (Prime) for winning the DS Bundle...Matt do you still don't believe it...LOL

Pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/feraligatr14
go to bottom of 3rd page

Final Standings
10 & Under
1st - Hunter W
2nd - Tess D
3rd - Jesse R
4th - Christina D
5th - Will S

11-14
1st - Michael Beh
2nd - Elissa H
3rd - Blaine D
4th - Will V
5th - Logan S
6th - Kevin R
7th - Matthew M
8th - Curran H
9th - Michael R
10th - Hunter J
11th - Bobby P
12th - Vincent B
13th - Sean D
14th - Rochelle W
15th - Sebastian P

15+
1st - Jim F
2nd - Stephanie B
3rd - Patrick W
4th - Josh R
5th - Jacob B
6th - Greg D
7th - Eric N
8th - Bob W
9th - Kevin N
10th - Colby B
11th - Robert R
12th - Denise B
13th - Jacy S
14th - Charles P
15th - David M
16th - Brittany M
17th - James W
18th - Brian L
19th - Matt R
20th - Alex D
21st - Adam W
22nd - Jesse Z
23rd - Josh W
24th - Ben T
25th - Chelsea B
26th - Jesse E
27th - Lena M
28th - Cole H
29th - David B
30th - Ross M

SuperWooper
06/11/2005, 08:50 PM
What'd Jim play?

Jim Ferrell
06/12/2005, 04:18 AM
I actually went undefeated all day running Slaking/Salamence ex. However, not only did I win a trip to Worlds, but I have a nasty sore throat and can barely talk, a secondary prize from yesterday.

~Jim

Prime
06/12/2005, 09:20 AM
I knew Jim had a good chance of winning. Jim's a great player and shutting down powers and hitting for 90/100 is just awesome.

Muk Man
06/12/2005, 11:58 AM
I knew Jim had a good chance of winning. Jim's a great player and shutting down powers and hitting for 90/100 is just awesome.
he really is a good player...and i should have delt him his only loss of the day but...I FORGOT TO SMOOTH OVER...just one dice roll would have ended it...i saw you sweating when i picked up all 6 dice :biggrin: my heart was pounding out my cheast those last couple turns....but good game JIM :thumb:

Feraligatr
06/13/2005, 07:03 AM
Here is the article from Saturday's event...

http://www.news-record.com/news/local/hp/challenge_061205.htm

Jim Ferrell
06/13/2005, 07:05 AM
Well, I had intended to type up a Gym Report, however, just as I was finishing, my computer froze. So I wasted about an hour of typing. Since the Gym Challenge I have been pretty sick, I picked up some sort of bug Saturday during the tournament. So, I'll do a brief post here summarizing my day:

I couldn't decide what to play. I debated between Blaziken and Slaking. I eventually chose Slaking. First round I played Matt Riddle with Ludicargo. Second round was Muk Man with Parasect/Exeggutor. Third round was Josh R with Ludicargo. Fourth round was Patrick W. with Blaziken. Fifth round was Greg Dollar with a Rogue Rayquaza ex (DX)/Electrode ex deck. After the five rounds, I win 5-0, going in first seed in the Top 8 Cut. My T8 Game was against Bob Weinman using Gyarados/Camerupt and I won out 2-0. T4 was against Patrick W again with Blaziken, and I won out 2-0. Finals was against my girlfriend, Stephanie using Blaziken. I won the first game, and she let me have the win the second game. The event was very well run, and I had a lot of fun. I was also interviewed for the High Point local paper during the day. I want to thank Jeff for the event, thank the Barlocks for letting me go with them, and especially thank Stephanie for being such a sport. Love you! :D My only slops the entire day was me getting sick.

C'ya all at Worlds!

EDIT: Just as I posted, Jeff linked the paper. The reporter who wrote that actually watched my second game where I almost lost.

~Jim

Muk Man
06/13/2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah i made the article!!! It even said how i had jim shaking in his boots in the middle of the game!!!
cool huh!

Dakin Myles
06/13/2005, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone, my brother and I had a great time at this Gym Challenge .. as it was my first Gym Challenge ever and only the second big Pokemon event I've ever attended (the first being the Greensboro Regionals). For Kevin (my brother), it was his third event. I was especially happy to lock in the top eight after running such a rogue deck (Gardevoir, Magby/Magmar, Magneton), and it was great meeting so many new people.

Thanks to all for being great sports and providing such a great community. Congrats to everyone who did well and my hopes are that everyone had a good time.

My brother and I and Brian will be heading up to Charlotte this coming weekend for some more fun, so we hope to see you there. Take care until then. : )

~erik

ncpicachufan2000
06/13/2005, 01:36 PM
GL in Charlotte guys! Hope you do well- just remember, IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION- raise your hand and ask it! take care!

Feraligatr
06/13/2005, 02:43 PM
Dakin Myles great job against some very tough competition. Good luck in Charlotte!!!

Prime
06/13/2005, 03:16 PM
Wow, the event was so fun. And, I still can't believe I won the DS. But enough about me.

There were a lot of good players at the tournament. Other than one of my games, all of my losses were really great games against friends, which are always the best games. Congrats to everyone, regardless of rank.

It was very awesome to see the Barlock family again, Jake B., Jim F., Brian L., Erik and his brother Kevin, the Reynolds family, Jacy S., Patrick W., the Dollar family, and Colby. I always feel like I won first place when I get to see all my friends. They are all class acts.

Dakin Myles: I know who you remind me of...Abraham Lincoln. (http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/al16.html)

And I need to buy a sombrero so I can wear it when I play Ludicargo again. La Cukaracha! La Cukaracha! Something something something some. La Cukaracha! La Cukaracha! I don't know the word to this song. Hah!

Dakin Myles
06/13/2005, 03:37 PM
My brother was reading over my shoulder and suggested that I wear a tophat from now on. : p

I laughed alot alot. : D

I'm happy you got the DS Matt, have you played Pokemon Dash yet? I'm hoping it's as fun and cute as it looks.

Thanks Feraligatr for the compliment! And thanks for all of your help.

JohnnyBlaze
06/13/2005, 06:24 PM
Congrats Gymbo it couldnt of happened to a nicer and better player. Hope you get better.