PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Gym Challenge Pastimes June 12, 2005!!!

meganium45
05/10/2005, 03:35 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls, put your hands together....

We are having the Chicago Gym Challenge on Sunday June 12th, 2005 registration starting at 11:00, play begins at 1:00...yes, 1:00, it is a Sunday after all!

Guess who will be running, MCing, HJing, and all those other titles....

MEGANIUM45!!!

You loved me at States, you adored me at the South Stadium Challenge, you kind of liked me at Worlds, and HERE WE GO!!!

Want to know more...let me know...of course there will be extra prizes tossed in...for the undefeated swiss players...

Of course we will have door prizes...of course...

Bring you friends, bring your mom, bring your little sister!!

One and all gather round...let's see who can win the trips to WORLDS!!!!!

All who come who already have trips will get a FREE LUNCH if you show up by 12:00 p.m.!!

Come, either win a trip, or be honored for the God of the Game that you are!!!

Talk to you soon!

M45

PokeWisconsin
05/10/2005, 10:55 PM
I'll see you there. Thanks for coming all the way up to judge again!

bullados
05/11/2005, 10:05 AM
Most excellent. My first M45 tourney, this'll be fun!!!

HypnosProjectHQ
05/12/2005, 04:00 AM
I'll see you there. Thanks for coming all the way up to judge again!

If I can hitch a ride from you guys, I'll be there. No point in working something out so far ahead of time, though. You never know what may come up.

BTW, a Gym Challenge the weekend right after school lets out is actually pretty nifty!

AXE
05/12/2005, 02:04 PM
this will be my last tourny b4 worlds. So i will be there to go out with a bang!
See you all there.
Dave III

Poliwag92
05/12/2005, 03:50 PM
So to get a free lunch you'd have to win regionals?

Fantine
05/12/2005, 07:07 PM
I probably wont attend this for 2 reasons
1. Im tired of Pasttimes, sure now they have a great judge but I still hate the place.
2. I have to go on Vacation most likely.

Kevin

Poliwag92
05/12/2005, 08:02 PM
whats wrong with pastimes?

bullados
05/13/2005, 05:48 AM
Is there enough room to list the problems here?

meganium45
05/13/2005, 08:49 AM
OK, you don't like Pastimes, don't come.

Anyone who was at the State Event must realize that Alan is working hard to make his tourneys the best they can be.

Let's face it, he is hiring an outside gun to come in and run these events.

I am coming, and bringing my style, my extra prizes, and my energy to these events.

Alan has caused this change. Alan has insisted that these events be the best they can.

States was fun, and the gym challenge could be a LOT more fun, as we are giving away trips to Worlds...quite a top prize, but if you don't want to come and have a chance and win....I am not going to beg anyone.

Hope to see some of you there!

Vince

bullados
05/13/2005, 10:48 AM
I merely posted what many were thinking. My response was based on the last 3 tournaments that I went to there, none of which I particularly enjoyed. I will still be there, it's a Pokemon event half an hour from my house, no matter WHO's organizing it...

meganium45
05/13/2005, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry Ryan, don't take my message as an attack.

PM me with details...I note you were not at my States event there.

M45

DarkJake
05/13/2005, 12:45 PM
k. I'll try to hitch a ride dawg.

bullados
05/13/2005, 06:49 PM
volunteer work, netted me 2 boxes, much more than I would've gotten at States.

Poliwag92
05/14/2005, 08:04 PM
so how do u get a free lunch? u had to win regionals?

PokeWisconsin
06/04/2005, 04:55 PM
He's going to give Ice'Cold, Ice'Cold's brother and BigChuck01 free food.

Broken Lizard
06/04/2005, 05:04 PM
That could get pricey... :wink:

Ice'Cold
06/04/2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, that means were going to Red Lobster right?

Rulemaster
06/04/2005, 05:33 PM
Ok write this down. I want a Double Bacon Cheeseburger, no mustard or onions, a large fry, a coke, a mcflurry/frosty/shake of some kind, and some nuggets. CHICKEN NUGGETS

HypnosProjectHQ
06/04/2005, 07:36 PM
Ok write this down. I want a Double Bacon Cheeseburger, no mustard or onions, a large fry, a coke, a mcflurry/frosty/shake of some kind, and some nuggets. CHICKEN NUGGETS

Mmm..... sounds good. As long as you don't get any pics of me eating or drunking again, I'm good. :tongue:

Mathorn1
06/04/2005, 08:18 PM
OK, you don't like Pastimes, don't come.

Anyone who was at the State Event must realize that Alan is working hard to make his tourneys the best they can be.

Let's face it, he is hiring an outside gun to come in and run these events.

I am coming, and bringing my style, my extra prizes, and my energy to these events.

Alan has caused this change. Alan has insisted that these events be the best they can.

States was fun, and the gym challenge could be a LOT more fun, as we are giving away trips to Worlds...quite a top prize, but if you don't want to come and have a chance and win....I am not going to beg anyone.

Hope to see some of you there!

Vince

States wasnt fun. That was the second most unenjoyable event I attended. The first being Gym Challenge last year. Wisconsin states was fun. The whole atmosphere was enjoyable.

Kevin

menoknow
06/04/2005, 10:47 PM
It's about 100% that I'll be there. I should be bringing TormentedSoul (Jordan B.) with me and maybe 1 or 2 others if anyone else around here wants to go.

BigChuck and Adam will make top 4 of course, as will I. So I'll just have to beat one of them in the semis and then I'll be guaranteed the trip.

Wish I had more time to test decks, but working 4 days a week from 3:30pm-2:30am and then sleeping til about 11am, and then listing and packing and shipping ebay stuff pretty much until i have to get ready to go to work again, I don't have a whole lot of free time!

Well, with all the hours and pay I get at my new job, maybe I can just buy myself a plane ticket to worlds if I have to! lol

Pooka
06/04/2005, 10:49 PM
I'll be there no matter what. :D

menoknow
06/04/2005, 10:57 PM
Will the POOKA chants be allowed again like you allowed them at TN regionals or will chanting POOKA result in a game loss like at WI regionals? :tongue:

If I'm facing Pooka in the finals, can I continuously chant Pooka during his turn to try to through him off? Pooka ownz me so it would make things more fair! :thumb: I mean, he did cover my face with stickers and POP commons at regionals....

I'll be there no matter what. :D

Rulemaster
06/05/2005, 12:33 AM
the stickers were necessary. harrasing kyle isn't, even though people do it more than they smoke. its funny, everybody notice it. haha

menoknow
06/05/2005, 07:59 PM
You can add Jason (Ness) to that list. I believe he got 3rd at PA regionals and got a trip.

He's going to give Ice'Cold, Ice'Cold's brother and BigChuck01 free food.

bullados
06/06/2005, 07:29 AM
Might as well come along, as it's right outside my back door. Also, I haven't played in one of M45's tourneys yet, so I'm anxious to see how this turns out, especially at Pastimes...

meganium45
06/06/2005, 09:13 AM
Guys, we had POOKA chants in Tennessee, without him even being there.

Game loss for Pooka? You all do not know me that well obv.

It takes QUITE a bit for a game loss with me, and for those who have stepped over that line, they know it is not something that I enjoy doing.

That said, I do give game and match losses from time to time....

See you all on Sunday!

Vince

Oh, and BTW, I think we have Big Chuck01 making his JUDGING DEBUT!!! In this event!

Adam V. too, and if Ness wants to judge, already having his trip...I can do that as well (opening doors for them to play in Professor Championship at Origins .....)

We could have a GREAT judging staff of 4, not including myself, with a judging staff that will have 4/5 of us that I know of already having their trips to Worlds!!!

WOOT CHAW!!

M45

Poliwag92
06/06/2005, 09:30 AM
my brother is judging ( soslowpoke)

meganium45
06/06/2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I did not want to single him out, but I think he is the only member of the judging staff without a trip at this point.

Thanks

Vince

laritung
06/06/2005, 09:55 AM
When does registration end!

Dek
06/06/2005, 10:25 AM
Oh, and BTW, I think we have Big Chuck01 making his JUDGING DEBUT!!! In this event!
Now it's time to head for the hills....

Anyhoo, I'll be there. I just out of school (gotta love us Seniors and graduation), so I'll have some more free time...

Poliwag92
06/06/2005, 02:29 PM
he and i will still go just not in the "main event"

ST Pika
06/06/2005, 06:17 PM
I hope we have a nice crowd of people show up... and btw, Pooka chants were heard on Sat. in Philly was well.. (Thanks to Ness for starting that one...)

Ice'Cold
06/06/2005, 08:05 PM
I hope we have a nice crowd of people show up... and btw, Pooka chants were heard on Sat. in Philly was well.. (Thanks to Ness for starting that one...)

Wow, its becoming a national trend, Chuck look what you have started.

Poliwag92
06/06/2005, 08:13 PM
they probably chant POOKA in Japan........

Ice'Cold
06/06/2005, 08:23 PM
they probably chant POOKA in Japan........

They just haven't been taught how yet. At worlds they will learn...

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
06/06/2005, 08:57 PM
This is just bloody murder.....

Well I will be attended this event as well and I will have one or two of my league members coming along, hope to see you all there.

See ya

HypnosProjectHQ
06/07/2005, 04:16 AM
My brother and I will be coming with Rulemaster and PokeWisconsin. I just 100% clarified that yesterday. That makes one more for 11-14 and one more for 15+.

Ice'Cold
06/09/2005, 08:40 PM
So Vince is feeding
Me
My Brother
Ness
Chuck
*anyone else who shows up

swanton1717
06/09/2005, 08:50 PM
Hehe I'll be there =)

~Colin

HypnosProjectHQ
06/10/2005, 04:26 AM
Yay! I Get to see Colin again! :tongue: Par-tay!

bullados
06/10/2005, 06:26 AM
did I see somethign about free food? Sign me up!!!

meganium45
06/10/2005, 07:15 AM
Ryan, if you have a trip, you've got the eats.

What colour do you all like your caviar, orange, red or black???

LOL

M45

menoknow
06/10/2005, 02:47 PM
My last day of school/exams was one month ago today. Gotta love us college kids and nearly 4 month long summer vacations! :thumb:

Not positive I'm going yet. I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow physically (just had my first full 44 hour work week in construction and I ache).

If I do come though I should definetly be bring tormentedsoul (jordan) with me and maybe bethany, but I don't think she'd be playing.

Any estimate as to when the whole thing will be done (as in when the winner will be declared and no matches left?)

Also, will there be any side events going on during the top cut?

Now it's time to head for the hills....

Anyhoo, I'll be there. I just out of school (gotta love us Seniors and graduation), so I'll have some more free time...

PokeMama
06/10/2005, 05:59 PM
So far looks like we'll be there, but I'm not sure how many other TIYers will be coming. I know some are on vacation. I'll know more tomorrow after our tourney. Looking forward to a great event!

menoknow
06/10/2005, 09:46 PM
Well, odds of my going have slimmed. Parents have entered their worried mode and basically trying to get me to not go. Not sure they're even going to let me now.

"uve never been driven there before"
"what if theres thunder storms"
"what if you get a flat tire or have car trouble"
"what about the traffic from chicago to milwaukee coming home"
"uve never gone that far in the dark"
etc etc giving me a headache

If I don't go I suppose I'll be going with my parents to Noah's Ark. We'll see what happens...

Ice'Cold
06/11/2005, 05:43 AM
What colour do you all like your caviar, orange, red or black???
M45

Oh, all 3 please.

bullados
06/11/2005, 07:03 AM
meh, that means that I'll have to do my usual stop off at Subway before the tourney. Not quite caviar (or whatever you guys are having), but it works...

Poliwag92
06/11/2005, 08:00 AM
Well, odds of my going have slimmed. Parents have entered their worried mode and basically trying to get me to not go. Not sure they're even going to let me now.

"uve never been driven there before"
"what if theres thunder storms"
"what if you get a flat tire or have car trouble"
"what about the traffic from chicago to milwaukee coming home"
"uve never gone that far in the dark"
etc etc giving me a headache

If I don't go I suppose I'll be going with my parents to Noah's Ark. We'll see what happens...

Noahs Ark> Pokemon

menoknow
06/11/2005, 08:16 AM
Regardless of what I think, this morning my parents officially said I'm not going to Niles.

Basically they said I can go (I'm in Green Bay area) pretty much no farthur than Brookfield. I work 40+ hours a week and then I can't do what I want to do for 1 day during the week. sigh

have fun guys

Noahs Ark> Pokemon

Tormentedsoul14
06/11/2005, 09:13 AM
Regardless of what I think, this morning my parents officially said I'm not going to Niles.

Basically they said I can go (I'm in Green Bay area) pretty much no farthur than Brookfield. I work 40+ hours a week and then I can't do what I want to do for 1 day during the week. sigh

have fun guys

So then im assuming no MN either :tongue: Owell ill be at manitowocs gym judging tho.

soslowpoke
06/11/2005, 10:23 AM
meh, that means that I'll have to do my usual stop off at Subway before the tourney. Not quite caviar (or whatever you guys are having), but it works...

No outside food or drinks are permitted in the store with the exception of store and event staff.

:thumb:

bullados
06/11/2005, 10:39 AM
I know, I know. It will stay in the car until needed.

Ice'Cold
06/11/2005, 07:07 PM
I got extra boosters to sell (outside the store of course) if anyone wants any, let me know what to bring. Deoxys/TRR/Ruby Sapphire Booster Packs are $2, Emerald are $2.50 each. Plus I got all 3 new art sleeves I'll sell for cheap.

HypnosProjectHQ
06/12/2005, 03:51 AM
Now I need to decide on something. Should I come in blasting Knuck if You Buck or the Numa Numa dance... Just kidding! :cool:

Cody and I are leaving O-town in about 2 hours at 8. We'll meet Rulemaster and PokeWisconsin in Brookfield at 9. See you all there! :biggrin:

Jim Ferrell
06/12/2005, 04:25 AM
I got extra boosters to sell (outside the store of course) if anyone wants any, let me know what to bring. Deoxys/TRR/Ruby Sapphire Booster Packs are $2, Emerald are $2.50 each. Plus I got all 3 new art sleeves I'll sell for cheap.

Based on what happened to the Gillettes, you might want to be careful about advertising that you might be "undermining" those in the store with cheaper packs, etc. You might lose your...um...Professorship! Spirit of the GAME. *end sarcasm*

~Jim

PokeWisconsin
06/12/2005, 06:22 AM
I'll be there ina bit. I might bring my own soda into the store.

Ice'Cold
06/12/2005, 06:37 AM
Based on what happened to the Gillettes, you might want to be careful about advertising that you might be "undermining" those in the store with cheaper packs, etc. You might lose your...um...Professorship! Spirit of the GAME. *end sarcasm*

~Jim

1) I wouldnt sell the packs in the store, belive me I know its against the rules

2) the gilettes tried to run their own tournament at the location that derek had aquired for the purposes of the indiana states only.

Broken Lizard
06/12/2005, 01:15 PM
Gaaaaaaahhhh.... :frown:

I had so planned on making it to Niles today. I spent hours testing decks for my son and I to use, and everything was goung fine. Then, an amazing string of bad luck led to my being unable to go. I won't bore you with the many details.

I hope the tourney went well! I can't wait to hear who/what won it! :biggrin:

Pooka
06/12/2005, 06:03 PM
This is what I have:

Top 8 was...

Matt M. (Rock Lock)
Devin P. (Vileplume ex)
Jason C. (Cradily/Zapdos ex)
Adam V. (Rock Lock)
Jonathan B. (Rock Lock)
Kyle S. (Nidoqueen/Lanturn/Milotic)
Derrick K. (Rock Lock)
Matt G. (Muk ex/Medicham ex)

Top 4 was...

Matt M. (Rock Lock)
Adam V. (Rock Lock)
Derrick K. (Rock Lock)

Finals...

Matt M. (Rock Lock)

Moss wins!

Poliwag92
06/12/2005, 06:24 PM
the other person in top 8 i thought was jonathan B.

SLOW DECK
06/12/2005, 06:41 PM
Gaaaaaaahhhh.... :frown:

I had so planned on making it to Niles today. I spent hours testing decks for my son and I to use, and everything was goung fine. Then, an amazing string of bad luck led to my being unable to go. I won't bore you with the many details. :biggrin:

Funny, we weren't sure we were going to make it this weekend. Things "did" lined up the night before, and we were able to make it there just in time. 10- was sparsely populated, James B went to Minnesota, my 10 year old Quinn who has a trip from regionals wanted to play his own "creation" deck, and M45 son wanted to Judge since he won on a trip on Saturday. that left my 8 yo Jason with his Zap-turn-Dos and some luck and win a mirror match with another Zappy in Top 2. See you up there in 2 weeks. Maybe Dad can figure out how to get into the worlds.

Jason C (15+), congrats on a Zappy-Cradily Deck. I didn't know he ran it, but I had play tested that combo before Battle Frontier came out, because it just "eats" Pidgeots just about all 100 HP pokemon for lunch. (Grab and Poisson condition with Cradily and KO with Zappy. )

Ice'Cold
06/12/2005, 07:36 PM
Okay, my report will go up soon, no pics sorry but two big fun things today

1) winning a game with pidgey, cornering his jirachi to stall out the game...and he wasnt running any switch...

2) Moss "I hate pokemon, I think im just going to leave whatever I win here for anyone to take..."

Rulemaster
06/12/2005, 09:14 PM
i wouldve left em there too ice lol

Rulemaster
06/12/2005, 09:45 PM
http://img20.paintedover.com/uploads/20/74741542661_3300.jpg

http://img20.paintedover.com/uploads/20/74741489413_3300.jpg

HypnosProjectHQ
06/13/2005, 04:31 AM
Great job Moss! It was 2 people I lost to in the finals, so it works out for me. I'm happy. I did accomplish what I wanted - have fun, make the top 8, and beat someone worth while, which I did more than once. :biggrin: