PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Gym Challenge 6/25/05

Team Cook
05/13/2005, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Team Cook
(Originally posted in TCG News...)

Shenandoah, TX -- June 8, 2005

Mayor David J. Vetter, Jr. and City of Shenandoah council members, along with representatives of The Woodlands Pokémon League, attended the ceremony for the official proclamation declaring June 25, 2005 as official "SHENANDOAH POKEMON DAY" in honor of the Houston Area Gym Challenge to be held on that day at the Shenandoah Conference Center.

Mike Cook, PTO and League Leader of The Woodlands Pokémon League and Dustin Ferguson, manager of The Woodlands Wal-Mart were honored by the City of Shenandoah. 56 league members crowded City Hall in support of this resolution.

With this said.... Ladies and Gentlemen.... Team Cook proudly presents.....

The Houston Area Gym Challenge

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Shenandoah Conference Center
(in the Shenandoah Municipal Complex)
29955 I-45 North
Shenandoah, TX 77381

9:00 AM -- Doors Open

9:30 AM -- Registration Opens (Gym Challenge & GBA Events)

10:30 AM -- Early Bird Raffles Begin

11:00 AM -- GBA Events

1:00 PM -- Gym Challenge TCG Tournament

Door Prize Drawings before EVERY round!

Pokémon Contests throughout the day!

One Hour Lunch Break (at the end of Round 3)

It's back!! PokéBall Grab (at the end of Swiss Rounds)

Promos and freebies for everyone!

Alright kiddos! Team Cook has been real busy cooking all this up for you!

Check back often. I will release details as they are finalized....

Wait till you hear about the DOOR PRIZES!!!!!!

Master Professor Birch
05/14/2005, 09:55 AM
~~Notice...Notice...Notice~~

For all of you Houstonites, Master Professor Birch will be playing in this event!!! So, all of you that play in the "15-Over" age group, there is no reason for you to show up. MP Birch will rule this age group and win the "Invitation & Trip" to "Worlds '05". Sorry, to bust your bubble but that is the way that it is!!!

MP Birch

PS: If by some flute that someone does beat me in a match, MP Birch will sign one of his cards that will state, "I beat MP Birch at the Houston GC".

mewsmom
05/14/2005, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Master Professor Birch-PS: If by some flute that someone does beat me in a match, MP Birch will sign one of his cards that will state, "I beat MP Birch at the Houston GC".[/QUOTE]

You do own a Purple Pen or should I bring my own??

Master Professor Birch
05/14/2005, 11:22 AM
You do own a Purple Pen or should I bring my own??

~mewsmom~

Save your "gas money". If you are lucky enough to play MP Birch, it will be over rather quickly and painlessly for you. I do own a purple pen, but I won't need it.

MP Birch

PS: Is there such a word as "painlessly"???

mewsmom
05/14/2005, 11:26 AM
MP Birch- You do KNOW the tourney is modified-ulimited is not allowed!

What would hurt more- Me or Header beating you? Dale said he'll play 15+ if he has to take you on for being a meanie to his momma. You know he loves Yellow.

So bring a Red & Purple pen just to be safe.

PokeMasterFlabface
05/14/2005, 11:34 AM
I hope to go to this event as well...and beat Birch. :)

Master Professor Birch
05/14/2005, 02:44 PM

What would hurt more- Me or Header beating you? Dale said he'll play 15+ if he has to take you on for being a meanie to his momma. You know he loves Yellow.

So bring a Red & Purple pen just to be safe.

~mewsmom~

You know that you are my favorite PokeMom. But, who is Header??? Is that ya'll dog??? I will bring a rainbow of colors of pens for you to sign for me.

MP Birch

Pokemaster1110
05/14/2005, 04:44 PM

Darn, it's been sooooo long since Erika's Jigglypuff came out to play! :cool:

I vote we have an official-like Unlimited tournament after the Gym Challenge is over! Mwahahahahahaha!!!

Team Cook
05/15/2005, 09:36 AM
Alright Birch, you might want to look out for all The Woodlands parents. I have a few that are learning and it would be a shame, or maybe a good laugh, if one were to beat you. Oh, and bring those cookies and cupcakes with you. I'll be hungry.

P.S. Please don't tell me it was you that baked the cookies. That's just to much information.

TrAcY cHo
05/15/2005, 12:52 PM
Are you ready to win a trip to the 2005 World Championships?

Houston Area Gym Challenge

June 25, 2005 / 12:00 Main Tournament

*** Details coming soon ***

How bad do you want this trip?

It's been a long time ever since I've been to Woodland (Ever since I've been to any place over a 2 hour drive) but I will more than likely be attending this (If it wasn't like last years stadium challenge and is on the day of my vacation)

Now *Goes off to find my vacation date*

Shiloh Phoenix
05/15/2005, 03:00 PM
Hey, birch, we'll probably be at the last table and I'll jump up and start screaming "I beat him, I beat him!!!" Okay, you said that first, I admit.

Team Cook
05/15/2005, 07:33 PM
What? Are we gonna be blessed by the best female player in the state of Texas? Tracy Cho comin' to town? It would be great to see you. Come on down and enjoy the fun.

homeofmew
05/16/2005, 05:57 PM
I hope I can go, O well it is a long drive.
"Bashamo" my Torchic doll will be there if go.

Tracy may be the best Pokémon TCG Player in TX in 11-14....

But we all know that homeofmew is the best Martial Artist amoung ALL TX Pokémon TCG Players :P.... Yes better than Seth too, and Sarah (2nd TX States 11-14) ...

note to all: All who have Torchic cards I will be signing Torchic cards. If you really want to be technical have the emerald torchic that makes the defending to to sleep (ZZZ) [for all who don't remember I played Wigglytuff EX for a while] (ZZZ). I will NOT sign your card homeofmew however, this has stirred up some stuff though...

Sonder Bonbon
05/16/2005, 07:39 PM
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting..........She was as fast as lightning.........She could sign a Torchic or two.........how many boards can she break, more than a few. She was justa Kung Fu fighting............She was fast as lightning.

Signing everyones Torchic? You're too easy. At least MPB makes em' beat him first before he signs anything. See ya at Gym. I know you can make it.

Master Professor Birch
05/16/2005, 08:39 PM
***MP Birch Is Coming To Town***
( To the tune of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town")

MP Birch is coming to town...
He going to beat all of you clowns...
And take you "Worlds '05" away!!!

There no use to waste your gas...
We all know that he is the head of the class!!!

And this time he ain't just stopping at Shenandoak's "Hooters"...
He bringing his deck and wiping out PokePlayers just like "Roto-rooter!!!

MP Birch is coming to town... (Get low now)
MP Birch is coming to town... (Ok, Big Finish!!!)
To take your "WORLDS" away!!!

MP Birch

*Note: Do not try this at home...MP Birch is a trained professor-al...at something.)

mewsmom
05/16/2005, 08:45 PM
So we can add Christmas Carols to the Request list of MP Birch songs.

Xerogravity wrote that song for you :eek:

You not the only one with musical talent & he's still a kid!!

Team Cook
05/17/2005, 06:36 AM
Naw, mewsmom. Not even Xero-Gravity would put a Christmas song out in May. Everyone knows were in Crawfish season now. That's just Birch, stuck in time again. You know, he's getting old, he's always a few months behind. We just need to make sure he's aware that we're "laughing WITH him, not AT him".

homeofmew
05/17/2005, 01:06 PM
Ok we can't let Birch win now at ALL COSTS!
someone please figure out a way to beat em!
Well of course Blast Ex kills anyone first turn since Squit Candy Blast 4 energy is 7 cards :O! Nice Kung Fu song, and it is not christmas either.. 3 months untill my birthday and your singing for chistmas? Yes everyone who wants a torchic signed I will sign them. I also MAY sign Sabinas and Mews... However Sabrinas ESP your gonna have to beat me to get a signed that, those are teh RARE!
Next year I demand a 21st BD party (August 9th 2006) But hey I won't be a teen anymore this year! yay for that!

Team Cook
05/18/2005, 07:16 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about MP Birch. He's like "a little kid with a new toy". He's been working so many tournaments and now he can finally play. He'll be so excited "like a little kid in a candy store". I'm thinking we might put him in the 10 & under group. let him get his feet wet. I'm not sure if he'll even make the playoffs, but he'll have fun with the experience of the game. I'll tell my under 10's to take it easy on him for the first few rounds. If he manages to do well, we'll get him a Happy Meal and a cupcake. Mama Birch will be so excited. And of course, we'll be so proud.

old man
05/18/2005, 07:40 AM
Do NOT underestimate MPBirch. I remember him playing in a tournament last season at CGB that he did quite well in.

Team Cook
05/18/2005, 08:15 AM
That's why we have you, Old Man. You're gonna be a secret weapon. If he manages to slip by us and play in the 15 & up group, we'll have you spank him on the first or second turn.

old man
05/18/2005, 09:33 AM
On that subject, remember also that MP Birch is a WYLIE player.:)

The only ones who'll get that attempt at a joke are those that know where MP Birch lives!

Master Professor Birch
05/18/2005, 12:24 PM
On that subject, remember also that MP Birch is a WYLIE player.:)

The only ones who'll get that attempt at a joke are those that know where MP Birch lives!

Doesn't everyone know where "Birch Manor" is???? Are there some that possibly do not know where that place is??? Look on your PokeMaps!!! You can't miss it. It is right next to the "Ranch of Old Man". Across the fence...through the hills...wade through the creek (watch out for pet Sharpedos wearing speedos)...over the dells (or for the LynchMob-dales)...down the ridge....across the canyon...up the mountains...and there it is. It's that simple. Gosh!!! :eek: :eek:

MP Birch

old man
05/19/2005, 07:18 AM
...It is right next to the "Ranch of Old Man...through the hills...

Better watch out for the cow patties along the way!

TrAcY cHo
05/19/2005, 09:00 PM
What? Are we gonna be blessed by the best female player in the state of Texas? Tracy Cho comin' to town? It would be great to see you. Come on down and enjoy the fun.

Hahaha! Homeofmew, Team cook, stop joking with me! Best female player in Texas? Best 11-14 player of Texas? Now that can't be right! Don't try to get me cocky now!

And you'll see me before than if you're heading to regionals! But I should get off my lazy butt and try to persuade my dad to drive me (He hasn't been bothered with driving, it is me ^^;;;)

Anyways, hope I can go and g'luck everyone!

Cyrus
05/19/2005, 09:18 PM
I may show up to this one. Depends on how I do at regionals, Oklahoma GC, and Richardson GC. =P

Master Professor Birch
05/20/2005, 08:40 AM
I may show up to this one. Depends on how I do at regionals, Oklahoma GC, and Richardson GC. =P

~Patriarch~

You will be going!!! If you win or lose at any of these that you have listed above. We (PTOs) need judges and most of our regular judges want to play. So, get ready to travel in the "Birch-Mobile". End of story!!!

MP Birch

Team Cook
05/20/2005, 08:57 AM
To all Dallas and Oklahoma players. because the Gym is just north of Houston this year, you will be shaving an hour off your drive time. That is GREAT news for you. And to top it off, you can make it a Pokemon weekend and head on over to San Antonio Saturday night or Sunday morning for that Gym. Get the best of both Gyms on June 25th and 26th. How can you possibly go wrong? Master Professor Birch and Team Cook Dad, aka, Daddy Smell Good will take good care of everyone.

old man
05/20/2005, 10:08 AM
...you will be shaving an hour off your drive time...

Do I have to shave?

I'm glad you posted this because I hadn't considered doing them at all. Now I might just do it!

Team Cook
05/20/2005, 10:32 AM
Come on down Old Man. You know the boys from Oklahoma are ALWAYS welcomed to the Houston area.. Old Man, without a beard? Naw, keep it. See y'all in the morning.

homeofmew
05/20/2005, 12:36 PM
I did say to Patriarch (member.php?u=37) that is is less driving since it is off I 45 anyway.
Patriarch (member.php?u=37) must come and apologize for being stelthy at states and not saying Hi to my Torchic. Tracy~ my name is homeofmew not Homeofmew little h please :O.. Don't underestimate your skills! You beat Sarah at states and I know she was playing a "Muky, Bat" deck.

TrAcY cHo
05/20/2005, 07:08 PM
Since when did I get skills? And sorry about the "H" thing homeofmew. And States shouldn't take too much account because I think I lost half of "my skills" in the time I have neglected Pokemon... Hope I can re-obtain them by the time this gym comes up.

Another thing, I don't underestimate my skills (if I have any)... Actually, I think I measure my skill pretty accurate... Meh, let's not bother with that.

Anyways, still seeing if I can go...

super goku ken
05/23/2005, 01:25 PM
They is this guy i kwon that i been training him for the last month. And He will Going to kick
everyone asses. Not me icn. Sorry What your name "Birch". I hope you have lots of ink in hand.
and to Team Cook is going down. To all want-be-players. He comeing for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Mysterous_Player
05/23/2005, 01:35 PM
You bet goku! Too all players and wanna be players, I'm coming for you!!!!!! But while I'm at....
lets have some fun >:)

Master Professor Birch
05/23/2005, 06:36 PM
Oh well, I guess that I need to buy a pipe. Since. I will be smoking..."super goku ken" (sounds like a name from one of those other games that players are leaving & coming back to Pokemon from) and "Mysterous_Player". You had better hope that you that you are a player if you sit down in front of MP Birch and his followers!!! Sounds like a challenge and I ain't never ran before. And as in the past, I just love to come into your backyard and take down the bully!!!

MP Birch

Master Professor Birch
05/23/2005, 06:41 PM
They is this guy i kwon that i been training him for the last month. And He will Going to kick
everyone asses. Not me icn. Sorry What your name "Birch". I hope you have lots of ink in hand.
and to Team Cook is going down. To all want-be-players. He comeing for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

You been training him...maybe he can return the favor...and teach you how to spell. (lol)

MP Birch

Cyrus
05/23/2005, 06:57 PM
Is anybody planning on going to ONLY houston or san antonio? I'll help judge @ one of those, possibly, but not both.

super goku ken
05/23/2005, 07:07 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh well "We see who well be the best"

super goku ken
05/23/2005, 07:14 PM
The Mysterous_Player going to take Dallas and Oklahoma players down

Mysterous_Player
05/23/2005, 07:17 PM
Heh. I'll be getting ready for a challange. It's been a while since I put my mind into anything. To
bad I'm giving up magic the gathering >:) and trust me I went against some tough players =^.^=
And since Goku gave me a good head start, Butch.. I mean Birch.. I have no back yard. No wonder
why the apartment dogs kept barking. ^_^. Anyways, I'll be getting ready to test out my skills
against you. Hope you don't disapoint me and I hope I won't be no dissapointment either.

super goku ken
05/23/2005, 07:34 PM
Patriarch, "Team Cook Dad, aka, Daddy Smell" you too need to look out for Mysterous_Player.
"HE WILL OWN YOU"

evilcaturne666
05/23/2005, 07:39 PM
Patriarch, "Team Cook Dad, aka, Daddy Smell" you too need to look out for Mysterous_Player.
"HE WILL OWN YOU"

soles wud like to judge...johnny has judged a tourney..come on now its soles turn

Team Cook
05/24/2005, 06:45 AM
To Mysterous Player and Super Goku Ken, Team Cook Dad, aka Daddy Smell Good, will be running this event, not playing in it. HOWEVER, if you'd like to attempt to be victorious over a memeber of Team Cook, I'll let you play my 11 year old son. He'll annihilate you, laugh at you, then take your own deck and beat you with it. THEN if you still haven't had enough, I'll let you play my 21 year old daughter. Even with her head in the clouds (from being in love with her boyfriend), she'll beat you and say BUH-BYE. If thats not enough and you still haven't been humilated enough, I'll send Team Cook Sweet Mama your way. She'll slap you around a few times, bench you, deck you, or even beat you on the second turn, then slap you over the head with her pink, feathered dice bag. And all this BEFORE the tournament starts. :smile:

Mysterous_Player
05/24/2005, 09:40 AM
Heh I doubt that'll happen. I guess while I'm waiting I'll do some training for the next
few weeks straight. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, this is just all talk and no action. Guess I'll
have to beat Goku a heck of a lot harder then usual in our training match. To bad I had to oblierate
a pretty cute looking pokemon in one around. Hrm yeah I was ruthless to it. Ask goku all about it
>:)

super goku ken
05/24/2005, 10:08 AM
yeah he was useing my deck and i made i fast deck. it was a hard battle almost deck out. but
the deck i made he was useing is so powerfull...

super goku ken
05/24/2005, 10:13 AM
I have beat team cook before. I took out Mia Cook and the Daddy CooK in past Tournaments

Team Cook
05/25/2005, 06:35 AM
You need to quit worrying about Team Cook and start worrying about Team D/FW. It's my understanding that Dallas plans on a good showing for the Houston Gym. Don't forget about the San Antonio boys. If Jose brings his gang in, you will be in trouble. And then theres the boys from Oklahoma. You never can count them out. And last but not least, worry about your own Houston players. Houston does have a few powerhouse players. And Goku, for the record, Team Cook Austin will be the only player for this Gym. Everyone else in Team Cook will be working the event. It takes alot of work to bring you the BEST GYM CHALLENGE IN THE UNITED STATES. I promise you, you won't be let down. Look for some HUGE annoucements to come.

Professor Elm
05/25/2005, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't mind going to this event! Maybe if I do go I will get to play Tracy again. (I loved our battle last time. Nice and long just how I like it.) And Tracy you should stop putting yourself down because you are an awesome player! Lets see you've won 4, yes 4, City Champs and a State Champs. You may have had your lucky moments but you cant get that far without skill. You and Steven are probably the only real people I'm scared of playing.
I really want this trip to Worlds and for my B-Day (June 21st) I may go here or to Dallas. (Yall can always send me gifts LOL J/K)

I have been trying out so many decks to play at my Gym Challenge, and I dont know how LudiCargo has gotten so popular. I dont think its that great. But I may just happen to use that deck in SA Gym Challenge. I have also been looking at Gardy, Blaze, Speed Lanturn, and Whickers Draggy/Sith deck. But I'm still not sure. I need a deck that will win me a gym challenge so I can go to WORLDS! I want that trip more than anybody!

PokeMasterFlabface
05/25/2005, 05:43 PM
Just try and come down to the League to test out your deck before the Gym Challenge. And if ya need any cards for your deck, I'm sure we can help ya there. :)

Shiloh Phoenix
05/25/2005, 07:17 PM
I'll see you guys there, prepare to face Rogue in it's purest form!

solidsnake5674
05/25/2005, 07:21 PM
pffft, u guys r all going down in Houston and SA.................lol

Shiloh Phoenix
05/25/2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, cuz corruption is IN DA HOUSE!!!

Mysterous_Player
05/25/2005, 09:23 PM
Heh I won't be loosing so easily. I'm going to be training and testing my skill all the way until
the day of the tournament. I don't jus tplay for fun also, I play to win. Also if you want to know what
kind of style I use... Ask goku here. I've played about 5 to 10 games with him and he still can't
figure out my style of gaming >:)

Team Cook
05/26/2005, 06:30 AM
I like this. Some trash talk between the three largest cities in Texas. But let's get honest with ourselves, the Houston area will prevail. Can you handle the truth?

TrAcY cHo
05/26/2005, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't mind going to this event! Maybe if I do go I will get to play Tracy again. (I loved our battle last time. Nice and long just how I like it.) And Tracy you should stop putting yourself down because you are an awesome player! Lets see you've won 4, yes 4, City Champs and a State Champs. You may have had your lucky moments but you cant get that far without skill. You and Steven are probably the only real people I'm scared of playing.

Haha, nah, after I sucked at Regionals, I'm going to stay with this additude until I can redeem myself (if I can redeem myself)As for my past events *shrug* Took me two previous tries before I won those cities and I just got the right cards at the right time for states :biggrin: Who's Steven?

As for super goku ken and Mysterious Player's big mouths, I'll keep my comments to myself.

Shiloh Phoenix
05/26/2005, 04:43 PM
Tracy, when you turn 15, I'm going to start crying, because you and Johnny in the same age group in the same state will surely make the world implode in a giant burst of pwnage.

Professor Elm
05/26/2005, 05:08 PM
Hey Tracy. Steven is Jose Eguia's son. He won regionals in 11-14 in Texas. And he was also at states and became the state champion for Texas in 10-. He's still young, but is an awesome player. Down here at our local tourneys in SA we usually end up playing and its almost always a really close game. (Although we both sometimes make careless mistakes) And the deck that he won Regionals with was his dad's creation andits just plain AWESOME, he totally CREAMED my Blaze deck with it, but I havent tried my other decks.

TrAcY cHo
05/26/2005, 07:16 PM
Hey Tracy. Steven is Jose Eguia's son. He won regionals in 11-14 in Texas. And he was also at states and became the state champion for Texas in 10-. He's still young, but is an awesome player. Down here at our local tourneys in SA we usually end up playing and its almost always a really close game. (Although we both sometimes make careless mistakes) And the deck that he won Regionals with was his dad's creation andits just plain AWESOME, he totally CREAMED my Blaze deck with it, but I havent tried my other decks.

Way too many Stevens in Pokemon...

And I just forgot for a second :biggrin:

Team Cook
05/31/2005, 07:12 AM
Attention all Pokemon players. Prepare yourself for a HUGE Houston Gym announcement.

Prepare yourself for what could be the Gym Challenge of the year.

Prepare yourself for the excitement.

Cyrus
05/31/2005, 09:04 AM
Hey Mike, do you need me for judging?

If so, then which age group? I plan to hit Oklahoma and Richardson for judging duties, so might as well hit Woodlands and San Antonio too =P

I have only a little judging experience (one prerelease), but I have read over the penalty guidelines and floor rules MULTIPLE times, so I'm up to the challenge...kinda! :thumb:

Team Cook
06/01/2005, 09:12 AM
I know, I know, the waiting is driving you crazy. What will Team Cook announce regarding the Houston Area Gym Challenge? Well, here it is.........ooops, wait a minute. Dang it, I got free cookies on my mind. Get back with y'all later.

Professor Elm
06/01/2005, 10:15 AM
Oh dang this is the day before the SA one I don't think I will be able to go.

Mysterous_Player
06/01/2005, 07:36 PM
Heh well I'm having a bit of fun watching this while yelling at a online card store at the same time
XD. Anyways enough of the card store holding back some much needed cards, I'm going to be
ready for all of ya! *smirks* Oh and Goku When I get good and done building my deck it's you and
me one on one >:D I don't plan to loose and I'll now train 900 times harder then earlier now.

Professor Elm
06/01/2005, 07:51 PM
Hey Mysterious Player are you in 15+ or 11-14?

Team Cook
06/02/2005, 08:51 AM
I don't care how old he is, I'm putting him in the 10 & under group so the little ones can give him the beat down he needs. If he's good, I might let someone from Team Cook give him a lesson or two. Look out Player. see ya soon buddy.

TrAcY cHo
06/02/2005, 10:40 AM
Idea hit me! A stupid one...

The idea to play in 15+ for the fun and experiance for this event :biggrin: Although I'm sure I'll bomb in the 15+ age division.

That'd be something new for me and even though I'm NOT 14 and NOT turning 15 anytime soon, I still say it's fun!

I would offer to help, but considering I'm underaged to take the professor's test, I can't do anything... Oh well.

We'll see, I might play up an age division... We'll see.

Master Professor Birch
06/02/2005, 03:43 PM
Idea hit me! A stupid one...

The idea to play in 15+ for the fun and experiance for this event :biggrin: Although I'm sure I'll bomb in the 15+ age division.

That'd be something new for me and even though I'm NOT 14 and NOT turning 15 anytime soon, I still say it's fun!

~TrAcY~

This is not a "stupid" idea!!! It would be a great experience for you. Valuable experience for you!!! You can always learn for other players, especially ones that you hardly ever get to play against.

Take "Double Trouble" (Steven E/San Antonio) for example, he played in the next higher age group after he won two "Cities". Was he crazy or stupid??? I don't think so!!! Don't you know that he knew about the "11-14" age group before he even turned 11 years old. This was great strategy to prepare him for the "11-14" age group when the BIG PRIZES (Worlds '05) were on the line. Whatever you take from playing in the "15-over" age group will certainly benefit you in the long run. Good luck on your decision either way.

MP Birch

TrAcY cHo
06/02/2005, 05:26 PM
~TrAcY~

This is not a "stupid" idea!!! It would be a great experience for you. Valuable experience for you!!! You can always learn for other players, especially ones that you hardly ever get to play against.

Take "Double Trouble" (Steven E/San Antonio) for example, he played in the next higher age group after he won two "Cities". Was he crazy or stupid??? I don't think so!!! Don't you know that he knew about the "11-14" age group before he even turned 11 years old. This was great strategy to prepare him for the "11-14" age group when the BIG PRIZES (Worlds '05) were on the line. Whatever you take from playing in the "15-over" age group will certainly benefit you in the long run. Good luck on your decision either way.

MP Birch

I probably will...

Again, we'll see. Haha, maybe I'll get to play Birch :biggrin:

Yeah, I know it'll be beneficial, even though I'm not turning 15 anytime soon and they might be changing age groups next year but *shrug* Hmmm... I might do this for all teh gyms I go to but Dallas (that's a maybe for Dallas... I want to defend my home turf!) Eh, well, I got time to decide

Master Professor Birch
06/02/2005, 06:39 PM
I probably will...

Again, we'll see. Haha, maybe I'll get to play Birch :biggrin:

~TrAcY~

Wait a minute!!! I'm on your side...what's this maybe "I'll get to play Birch"??? You'll go easy on me...right??? :eek: :eek:

MPB

TrAcY cHo
06/02/2005, 07:41 PM
~TrAcY~

Wait a minute!!! I'm on your side...what's this maybe "I'll get to play Birch"??? You'll go easy on me...right??? :eek: :eek:

MPB

I didn't say anything about winning...

And yea, maybe we'll play, but I'm sure you'll win.

I got approval from my dad so I'll probably be playing in the 15+... Great, now I actually have to fix my deck

C'ya at Woodlands!

Team Cook
06/02/2005, 08:03 PM
Tracy Cho playing with the big boys. Look out MPB. Will 15 & up have a Queen Bee? This should be fun to watch.

Rocketman
06/02/2005, 08:21 PM
I think Tracy can take ya Prof. Birch.........I know she could beat me!!! :eek:
Rocketman

Master Professor Birch
06/03/2005, 07:02 AM
I think Tracy can take ya Prof. Birch.........I know she could beat me!!! :eek:
Rocketman

~Rocketman~

You think that TrAcY can beat MPB??? She has a record of like 13-2 against me!!!!

HELP!!!

MP Birch

Mysterous_Player
06/03/2005, 01:53 PM
Heh. Btw I'm 15+ and a deck semi ready. I still think it needs a bit of work. MIght have bit of
to much power and not enough combo, but I can't complain. Anyways I'm going ot another card
shop online that holds more promise then the other one I went to. Oh and Btw Goku you and me in a
match ASAP!!! >:) Can't beleive I'm playing another Card trading game after giving up Magic the
gathering >:)

Rocketman
06/03/2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I think you "older" players should talk tracy into playing in 11-14. She will win 15 & up and you will have had the trip passed down to you by a 11-14!!!!!!! :lol:
2- 13????? Birch you'd better bring your "A" game! With a record like that, the Saints may want you!
Tracy if you beat these posers, I will make you a Team Rocket Captain!!!! :biggrin:
Rocketman

Cyrus
06/03/2005, 02:35 PM
Awww, I can't show bias, since I'm a judge? :frown:

TrAcY cHo
06/03/2005, 05:05 PM
Awww, I can't show bias, since I'm a judge? :frown:

Ohh, don't worry, we all know what you think (that'll I'll get myself killed in 15+)

Rocketman: Haha, there's no way I'm going to win 15+... I'll just be needing the experiance for upcoming Worlds.

Ahh, the judges are going to get a kick out of me playing (and losing) in the 15+ age group!

That reminds me, I have a request for Team Cook... Make my dad judge the 11-14 please! Or 10-, please!

Everybody watch out for the short asian player in 15+! Cause that's me!

Cyrus
06/03/2005, 05:43 PM
Tracy, why don't you come to league before the first gym challenge (Oklahoma the 11th), and we'll get your trained, ready to kick MAJOR BUTT? :biggrin:

The truth is that you'll do fine in the 15+, and **** half of them off BIG TIME

Team Cook
06/03/2005, 06:50 PM
We would love to have your dad judge. I'll get in touch with him and confirm everything. It looks like we almost have everything in place as far as the judges are concerned. That was my biggest worry because I know everyone wants to play for the trips. Master Professor Birch has offered to judge as well, but I turned him down. I really want him to play. He needs a break, to sit back and enjoy the world of Pokemon. He has already warned me that he plans on giving the judges a lot of grief. but I have a secret weapon for him. I plan on getting Mysterious Player to hound him all day and to be his shadow, like his little puppy.

Attention all Pokemon Players

Information about the Houston Area Gym Challenge will hit PokeGym next week.

I promise Team Cook is working hard on this project and hopefully it will all fall in place over the next couple of weeks.

evilcaturne666
06/03/2005, 06:57 PM
We would love to have your dad judge. I'll get in touch with him and confirm everything. It looks like we almost have everything in place as far as the judges are concerned. That was my biggest worry because I know everyone wants to play for the trips. Master Professor Birch as offered to judge as well, but I turned him down. I really want him to play. He needs a break, to sit back and enjoy the world of Pokemon. He has already warned me he plans on giving the judges a lot of grief. but I got my secret weapon for him. I plan on getting Mysterious Player to hound him all day and to be his shadow, like his little puppy.

Attention all Pokemon Players

Information about the Houston Area Gym Challenge will hit PokeGym next week.

I promise Team Cook is working hard on this project and hopefully it will all come in to place over the next couple of weeks.

mike ur doing a great job.

Cyrus
06/03/2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Mike. You'll do fine ^^""

Team Cook
06/03/2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys. I tell you what, I'm in a good mood tonight, I'll give y'all a hint on whats to come.

The first announcement will be next Wednesday night, after my league play. What I'm about to pull off will blow your mind. Hopefully I'll have a few pictures with the announcement.

Keep in mind, I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but I'm sure I can pull this off.

And to my Mississippi buddy, get ready.

TrAcY cHo
06/03/2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys. I tell you what, I'm in a good mood tonight, I'll give y'all a hint on whats to come.

The first announcement will be next Wednesday night, after my league play. What I'm about to pull off will blow your mind. Hopefully I'll have a few pictures with the announcement.

Keep in mind, I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but I'm sure I can pull this off.

And to my Mississippi buddy, get ready.
That's not much of a hint for the simple minded (aka, ME)

Man, suspense sucks!

Tracy, why don't you come to league before the first gym challenge (Oklahoma the 11th), and we'll get your trained, ready to kick MAJOR BUTT? :biggrin:

The truth is that you'll do fine in the 15+, and **** half of them off BIG TIME
Oohhhh! Johnny cursed :tongue: (Just because I play in the 15+ age group, doesn't mean I can't act like I'm 5) jk Patriarch

Me and my dad tried last week, but when we arrived, no one was there (besides the store manager and customers of course)
And I'll show up for this weeks league (finally)

And I doubt I'll do much damage to the 15+ age, but hey, just trying to get some more experiance :biggrin:

Team Cook
06/04/2005, 08:44 AM
Whispers from above.

If you build it, they will come

Shiloh Phoenix
06/04/2005, 06:33 PM
Meh, I'm still undecided as what to play, as this will be one of the last gym challenges I go to this season. I'll have to survey the metagame a little more.

Professor Elm
06/05/2005, 08:51 PM
Tracy, the 15+ Pokemon world is a dangerous place to be, so watch yourself. And yall 15+ guys and gals better be afraid because your gonna get beaten by someone in 11-14. LOL
Of course I dont have my trip so I will be playin 11-14, but I already have lots of experience competing with older guys because at the SA league we rarely ever have age group tourneys because practically everbody there is above 14. s
Anyways I think I have a really good chance of going to this gym challenge for my b day my mom said I could prolly go, so I am super excited!!!!!!!!! Now I have two chances to win my trip. So yall 11-14 homies be prepared for a Professor Elm Showdown. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Team Cook
06/05/2005, 09:14 PM
Professor Elm has forgotten just how big the 11-14 age group is in the Houston / The Woodlands area. That is and will be the toughest group to play in. You better have a pocket full of birthday luck if you plan on winning the Houston Area Gym.

And since you mentioned San Antonio, I expect all players to make the trip to Houston. No excuses will be accepted. You can tell that to Jose for me. I don't care if Judas Priest is coming to town, he better get to Houston. Tell him I'll sing a few JP songs for him. I'm an old rocker myself, I know all the tunes.

Professor Elm
06/05/2005, 09:22 PM
Well I will tell Jose that but for some reason I keep on thinking that he has a golf tournament or something like that on that day. Since its my b day on the 21st I will probably bring a couple friends with me from San Antonio like Ryan (won 10- SA Citys by default. He was the only one in his age group but still went 3-2 overall. But I went 7-0 with Monarchy) Oops got off track talking and bragging about citys sorry. I am gonna try to invite Steven, Joses son, to come with me too so I wont be too lonely.

PokeMasterFlabface
06/05/2005, 09:36 PM
Man I hope to go to this one, my ride is still uncertain about being able to take us. Just hope for me and my sister to play in more than one Gym Challenge this year. This GC should be very hard...I can't wait. :)

Team Cook
06/06/2005, 07:07 AM
Golf??? Get Jose on the board. We need to have a talk with that boy. Golf??? You don't play golf on Gym Challenge day. First it was Judas Priest concert, now golf. Next message we'll see is it's both. I'm starting to see the truth here. Jose got a trip because of his son, so he won't travel for a Gym. Could it be he's afraid of the Houston / The Woodlands area???

I'm calling you out Jose. Get to Houston. No excuses. Bring the gang. It's not a tournament if we don't have the San Antonio gang.

GUERO51
06/06/2005, 01:22 PM
Golf??? Get Jose on the board. We need to have a talk with that boy. Golf??? You don't play golf on Gym Challenge day. First it was Judas Priest concert, now golf. Next message we'll see is it's both. I'm starting to see the truth here. Jose got a trip because of his son, so he won't travel for a Gym. Could it be he's afraid of the Houston / The Woodlands area???

I'm calling you out Jose. Get to Houston. No excuses. Bring the gang. It's not a tournament if we don't have the San Antonio gang.

~Mike~

Kyle has his dates mixed up. The day before regionals I had a golf tournament in the valley(Weslaco,Tx). June 25 is Judas Priest/Queensryche, baby!!!!!!! I already bought tickets for this concert because originally San Antonio had the gym challenge that saturday and the Woodlands on Sunday. I figured I would attend the gym challenge on that day go to the concert that night and leave to Woodlands next day for that gym challenge. :biggrin: Then all of a sudden the dates got flip flopped. :eek: This put me in a bind. :confused: Judas Priest with Rob Halford or Gym challenge with BIG MIKE???? *Leans back in chair and ponders thought* Do I go to concert and drink beer for $6 a bottle and relive the 80's or go to Houston with Team Rocket and crush all dreams of players winning a trip to worlds. Tough decision, have to get back with you while I consult the rest of team.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/06/2005, 03:01 PM
Okay, I'm officially coming to kick some butt. North Texas represent!(I mean other than Johnny/Clay, dagnabit)

Professor Elm
06/06/2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry Jose for getting the dates mixed up, but I hope you still come to this GC. We need the SA gang here so we can kick some major butt. (j/k I'll prolly get clobbered by the competition but I am not going to give up)

Team Cook
06/06/2005, 08:07 PM
Now, let's just get serious for a minute. Let's ponder these 3 questions. Do you REALLY want to relive the 80's like you say? Or could it be the $6 bottles of beer that peak your interest? OR could it be (and I think this is it) you want to see Rob Halford in his black tight leathers? And truth be told, you wouldn't be crushing dreams in Houston. I was planning on asking you to judge, lol. Anyway, it's not like you're a threat to any players. *Leans back and ponders thought* last year at stadium, you and I, sharing the last table at 0-6. Oh yeah, I forgot, you're getting better. Lil' Jose is building your decks now.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL as I sit back in my Lazy Boy.

Team Cook
06/08/2005, 07:19 AM
Tonight's the Night

Master Professor Birch
06/08/2005, 09:44 AM
I have "GOOOOSE BUMPS" all over my body!!!

MPB

Mysterous_Player
06/08/2005, 01:16 PM
So much talk. I can't wait to break out my deck and my uniform XD Yes I will be wearing a nice
uniform to point me out insantly. Just keep your eyes peeled cause I ain't saying what
this uniform looks like!

Team Cook
06/08/2005, 10:46 PM
(Originally posted in TCG News...)

Shenandoah, TX -- June 8, 2005

Mayor David J. Vetter, Jr. and City of Shenandoah council members, along with representatives of The Woodlands Pokémon League, attended the ceremony for the official proclamation declaring June 25, 2005 as official "SHENANDOAH POKEMON DAY" in honor of the Houston Area Gym Challenge to be held on that day at the Shenandoah Conference Center.

Mike Cook, PTO and League Leader of The Woodlands Pokémon League and Dustin Ferguson, manager of The Woodlands Wal-Mart were honored by the City of Shenandoah. 56 league members crowded City Hall in support of this resolution.

:clap:

With this said.... Ladies and Gentlemen.... Team Cook proudly presents.....

The Houston Area Gym Challenge

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Shenandoah Conference Center
(in the Shenandoah Municipal Complex)
29955 I-45 North
Shenandoah, TX 77381

9:00 AM -- Doors Open

9:30 AM -- Registration Opens (Gym Challenge & GBA Events)

10:30 AM -- Early Bird Raffles Begin

11:00 AM -- GBA Events

1:00 PM -- Gym Challenge TCG Tournament

Door Prize Drawings before EVERY round!

Pokémon Contests throughout the day!

One Hour Lunch Break (at the end of Round 3)

It's back!! PokéBall Grab (at the end of Swiss Rounds)

Promos and freebies for everyone!

Alright kiddos! Team Cook has been real busy cooking all this up for you!

Check back often. I will release details as they are finalized....

Wait till you hear about the DOOR PRIZES!!!!!!!!!

:smile:

super goku ken
06/09/2005, 12:14 AM
hum!!! What about the GBA Events? What are the rules? So I can get ready to beat
everyone in this events too.... And Team Cook and others like Jim keep up the good work Thank you
for keep Pokemon alive in Houston. One day Houston may get National Championships tournament
here I hope. See you all there at the Gym Challenge.

P.S. Look out for the Mysterous_Player. "He out there!!!" He may come by on one of the
Friday or Sat. at Heroes Collectable. But it up to him. If he do "LOOK OUT"

Team Cook
06/10/2005, 07:01 AM
So you think you can win the GBA event? My money is going on Clay or George from Ft. Worth. If they don't make it down, look out for one of the kids from The Woodlands.

Rules will be posted soon, however, the rules will stay the same as always. Good Luck.

Professor Elm
06/10/2005, 09:13 AM
Dang I stink at the video game but I have been training so maybe I will be a little better

Team Cook
06/10/2005, 10:44 AM
Dang I stink at the video game but I have been training so maybe I will be a little better

Keep training....... :smile:

Shiloh Phoenix
06/10/2005, 11:39 AM
Your money is on George? whoa. I'll be playing, and yes, so will weldon.

~Blazi-King~
06/10/2005, 11:50 AM
So you think you can win the GBA event? My money is going on Clay or George from Ft. Worth. If they don't make it down, look out for one of the kids from The Woodlands.

Rules will be posted soon, however, the rules will stay the same as always. Good Luck.

Yea my moneys on Me or George also :thumb:.....Seeing as how I have to uphold my reputation in the GBA in the Woodlands.

Master Professor Birch
06/10/2005, 12:22 PM
So you think you can win the GBA event? My money is going on Clay or George from Ft. Worth. If they don't make it down, look out for one of the kids from The Woodlands..

MP Birch puts a "LARGE SUM of $$$$$" on the table. :cool: Put it all on the my OK~girls!!! That's the Oklahoma~Ladys, that is. :thumb: Walks out of room...all of the guys arguing about who will win the "GBA"...now with their mouths wide open hitting the floor!!! :eek: :eek:

Never under estimate the Poke-Powers of a woman!!! :wink:

:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

Team Cook
06/10/2005, 02:21 PM
These TEXAS boys aren't gonna let some girls, especially from Oklahoma, beat them. Are you kidding? Anyway, if they come down with Master Professor Birch, their minds will be warped from all of his singing. Their minds will be fried.... I feel sorry for the girls already.

Cyrus
06/10/2005, 02:35 PM
Although the Oklahoma girls are cool folk, _really_ now COME ON TEXAS!!! Oklahoma can keep its own GC, but if we lose a single 15+ gym to Oklahoma, then I'll be very displeased. However, with the Eguias, Chambers, Ty, Lee, DFW, Phil, Brian, and many others, we can keep it here :thumb:

Shiloh Phoenix
06/10/2005, 08:44 PM
^If you want a gym to stay here, you should play. lol.

Professor Elm
06/12/2005, 03:06 PM
Ok guys it is OFFICIAL! I WILL BE ATTENDING THIS TOURNAMENT! YIPEEEEEE!
SEE YALL THERE
~ PROFESSOR ELM

PokeMasterFlabface
06/12/2005, 04:57 PM
No!!! I have no ride to go this event...looks like I'm gonna have to walk. :P

Professor Elm
06/12/2005, 06:55 PM
No!!! I have no ride to go this event...looks like I'm gonna have to walk. :P
LOL! I would give you a ride but my mom said its a FAMILY B- DAY TRIP!

Cyrus
06/12/2005, 07:43 PM
^If you want a gym to stay here, you should play. lol.

That I will, Shiloh. Since it's looking very unlikely for me to go to Houston for the Gym Challenge, or San Antonio, I'll most likely only go to Dallas, which I will be PLAYING in =)

TrAcY cHo
06/12/2005, 09:46 PM
Professor Elm has forgotten just how big the 11-14 age group is in the Houston / The Woodlands area. That is and will be the toughest group to play in. You better have a pocket full of birthday luck if you plan on winning the Houston Area Gym.

*Thinks* If that statement is true, than I might want to be playing in my own age group (plus, I don't like 15+ much...) Hmmmm... *thinks more*

Team Cook
06/14/2005, 07:25 AM
Whew, all done. I just filled 150 PokeBalls with some cool Pokemon figures.

That's right folks, the famous Pokeball Grab is back. Everyone that participates in the Houston Area Gym Challenge gets to grab a PokeBall. Each PokeBall contains one, two or three Pokemon....

Master Professor Birch
06/14/2005, 10:06 AM
Whew, all done. I just filled 150 PokeBalls with some cool Pokemon figures.

That's right folks, the famous Pokeball Grab is back. Everyone that participates in the Houston Area Gym Challenge gets to grab a PokeBall. Each PokeBall contains one, two or three Pokemon....

That's right everyone that attends the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" will receive a "COOOOL CLEAR BAGGIE" filled with not one...not two...but three...of Mrs. Birch's "RARE CANDY COOKIES"!!! :thumb: :thumb: So, come up to the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" and get three of Mrs. Birch's "RARE CANDY COOKIES". Eat on June 18th in Dallas and play with Pokemon figures on June 25th. :clap: :clap:

Team Cook
06/14/2005, 08:49 PM
Advertising Dallas cookies on my Houston thread? What in the heck has this world come to? Your cookies may be good, but they don't come in a red & white Pokeball. All I gotta say is.......Judges better get more than 3 lousy rare candy cookies. I better get a whole plate full of them bad boys.

Cookies on the 18th, Professor Elm's birthday cake on the 25th? I'm in hog heaven.

Professor Elm
06/14/2005, 10:52 PM
Advertising Dallas cookies on my Houston thread? What in the heck has this world come to? Your cookies may be good, but they don't come in a red & white Pokeball. All I gotta say is.......Judges better get more than 3 lousy rare candy cookies. I better get a whole plate full of them bad boys.

Cookies on the 18th, Professor Elm's birthday cake on the 25th? I'm in hog heaven.

Hold on there Team Cook the cake might be in San Antonio.

Team Cook
06/15/2005, 12:16 PM
Share the cake I say, share the cake. Bring me the cake. Since we are so close to the 4th of July, I can say it would be non patriotic of you if you didn't bring the cake. Be proud of your country, be proud of your state, be proud to be a Pokemon player. Bring me the cake. I'm getting hungry now.

Professor Elm
06/15/2005, 02:04 PM
OK I will see what my mommy can do.

Team Cook
06/16/2005, 07:59 AM
Let's help you out here. Now we all know how Mom will get around this cake thingy, so we'll help you out with answers. If she says "We'll see", that means a"No". Tell her the entry fee is "baked goods" instead of money. Tell her the "baked goods" are going to the needy. As in Team Cook needs the cake. I really don't need the cake, I just want the cake. If she say's "Well, I dunno", that also is a "No". Tell her you play better when you have "baked goods" in your tummy. If that doesn't work, tell her Team Cook runs a better tournament with "baked goods" in his tummy. If that doesn't help, tell her Master Professor Birch will make sure you win no door prizes in San Antonio. AND, he will sing to her.

Team Cook
06/17/2005, 07:33 AM
It looks as if the Houston players are laying low. We're not hearing from them. Will they be ready? I can tell you, The Woodlands players are fired up about this Gym, and from the phone calls we're getting, so is the rest of Texas. Come on Houston players, I know you're out there, lurking in the background. Hop on board and let us know you're ready to play. Big Brian is probably sittin' back, laughing at me and thinking "wait till Saturday".

drcoolwc3master
06/19/2005, 01:32 AM
i may of had to drop out of the dallas event for family problems but it looks like me and a few freinds are going to set up a little week end trip to come and play in the events and well if you are MP Birch you better be pack some heat cards becuse im not going down with out a fight lol cyall there

Master Professor Birch
06/19/2005, 10:24 AM
i may of had to drop out of the dallas event for family problems but it looks like me and a few freinds are going to set up a little week end trip to come and play in the events and well if you are MP Birch you better be pack some heat cards becuse im not going down with out a fight lol cyall there

~drcoolwc3master~

MP Birch was the old fart in the labcoat at the "Dallas~Gym Challenge". :eek: Yes, I will be playing in the "Houston Area~Gym Challenge". Pack some "heat cards", huh. Does that mean that I need to play something with fire??? :rolleyes: I love your spirit, anyways!!! Will enjoy playing everyone there. :biggrin:

MP Birch

drcoolwc3master
06/19/2005, 01:09 PM
o kool i know who you are lol ..i was the tall guy in the yellow shirt with the blue cap on ...and well fire would help lol

~Blazi-King~
06/19/2005, 04:43 PM
Ok Y'all ......Im gonna be taking this Gym all the way back to my house....Cuz im winning it...
Look at my 2 previous Gym records
3rd @ OK Gym
2nd @ Dallas Gym
Up and Coming Gyms
1st @ Houston Gym...
??? @ SA Gym...
Muwhahahaha

PokeMasterFlabface
06/19/2005, 05:32 PM
Bring it...I hope to have a lot of fun over that at Houston....gonna be great. :)

~Blazi-King~
06/19/2005, 05:43 PM
Bring it...I hope to have a lot of fun over that at Houston....gonna be great. :)

Ok !!!

I will Bring It.... :thumb:

Master Professor Birch
06/19/2005, 05:56 PM
o kool i know who you are lol ..i was the tall guy in the yellow shirt with the blue cap on ...and well fire would help lol

I too, know who you are. As I spoke with you and your friends briefly. Take care and I am looking forward to playing you sometime.

MPB

Psyco Pedestrian
06/19/2005, 06:07 PM
Hey Clay, I am gonna win too, you know. And GO! HOUSTON GYM CHALLENGE!

~Austin C.~

ScarletKitsune
06/19/2005, 06:37 PM
These TEXAS boys aren't gonna let some girls, especially from Oklahoma, beat them. Are you kidding? Anyway, if they come down with Master Professor Birch, their minds will be warped from all of his singing. Their minds will be fried.... I feel sorry for the girls already.

Wait wait... who won Texas states GBA? Oh yeah. ME. And I think it was all the Shania that got me pumped up too!

I'm not counting on a repeat performance though... too many people were POed... and then went nuts on the training... AHHH!!!!!

Anywho, Susan and I will be there. And dominate. It'll be jolly good fun.

ScarletKitsune
06/19/2005, 06:39 PM
That's right everyone that attends the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" will receive a "COOOOL CLEAR BAGGIE" filled with not one...not two...but three...of Mrs. Birch's "RARE CANDY COOKIES"!!! :thumb: :thumb: So, come up to the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" and get three of Mrs. Birch's "RARE CANDY COOKIES". Eat on June 18th in Dallas and play with Pokemon figures on June 25th. :clap: :clap:

Mrs. Birch told me that you've had that recipe since before you were married... and that you baked them all by your lonesome... AWW...

Birch, you are too cool for words.

Master Professor Birch
06/19/2005, 06:44 PM
~ScarletKitsune~

It is always a great weekend when MP Birch gets to spend time with his Oklahoma daughters!!! :thumb: :thumb: But, your lil' sister, is an amazing talking machine!!! :lol: :lol:

MPB

ScarletKitsune
06/19/2005, 06:51 PM
~ScarletKitsune~

It is always a great weekend when MP Birch gets to spend time with his Oklahoma daughters!!! :thumb: :thumb: But, your lil' sister, is an amazing talking machine!!! :lol: :lol:

MPB

She never shuts up... I, however, am completely and utterly against excessive speaking... :nonono:

This weekend should involve LESS verbal diarrhea, as Cassie will be home running the GameHQ league... :thumb:

Shiloh Phoenix
06/19/2005, 06:59 PM
Wait, are you the one with the swampert named "Icy", Scarlet Kitsune?

ScarletKitsune
06/19/2005, 07:02 PM
Wait, are you the one with the swampert named "Icy", Scarlet Kitsune?

That would be me.... but that Swampert is about to go....

Professor Elm
06/19/2005, 07:42 PM
I cant wait less than 1 week left.
I am confident in my skills, so I think I will do well at this event if God is with me.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/19/2005, 07:58 PM
^Good attitude! Yeah, SK, I'm tghe one that OHKO'd that swampert with hyper beam at Del city gym challenge before it could move with my slaking.

PokeMasterFlabface
06/19/2005, 08:25 PM
I will be in the GBA Event as well...haven't changed my team since Regionals. It didn't do very well...but hopefully it will be different in Houston. :)

Edit: Oh yes, I forgot to mention...Birch is going down. :P

Psyco Pedestrian
06/19/2005, 08:55 PM
Austin Cook here. I not that good at gameboy but I made a good team. I used it in Dallas and I came in 3RD. I got a trophy for highest ranking for 11-14! I would have come in 2ND but my Slaking's Hyper Beam MISSED. I was so mad, then Matthew's Latias did Psychic CRITICAL HIT! It knocked out my Slaking. That was my last Pokemon. His Latias was his last Pokemon too.

Team Cook
06/20/2005, 06:34 AM
ATTENTION ALL GAMEBOY PLAYERS.

All GBA players must have their deck checks completed before the GBA tournament. No exceptions. We're expecting close to 40 players for GBA.

~Blazi-King~
06/20/2005, 09:12 AM
Austin Cook here. I not that good at gameboy but I made a good team. I used it in Dallas and I came in 3RD. I got a trophy for highest ranking for 11-14! I would have come in 2ND but my Slaking's Hyper Beam MISSED. I was so mad, then Matthew's Latias did Psychic CRITICAL HIT! It knocked out my Slaking. That was my last Pokemon. His Latias was his last Pokemon too.

Ouch...Hax like that happens....trust me....Ive been haxed so many times its not funny...

btw haxed means gettin a lucky happening agaisnt you or you getting a lucky happening against someone else...IE: critical, a move missing, flinching, etc etc.

Good Luck in Houston

ATTENTION ALL GAMEBOY PLAYERS.

All GBA players must have their deck checks completed before the GBA tournament. No exceptions. We're expecting close to 40 players for GBA.

Ok we can do that...Not a problem.

PokeMasterFlabface
06/20/2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah I always forget to do it before the GBA Tourney...I will do it before this time. :)

Turbo Blastoise
06/20/2005, 12:58 PM
5 days till this awesome event!!!

Professor Elm
06/20/2005, 01:01 PM
I can't wait it's gonna be da BOMB!
It's time to start polishing up my deck and preparing it for the event.

rokman
06/20/2005, 05:16 PM
Uh...i need a ride...if someone who knows me and can pick me up off of 820 and rufe snow...i can pay 30 for houston and back....50 if they take me to houston and then to san antonio...just PM me if you guys can get me a ride....i have to know you tooooo

thanks anyone who can help

:-(

<>< rokman

Team Cook
06/21/2005, 06:32 AM
cling cling cling cling cling cling

Warriors

Come out and plaaaaaaaaaay

Warriors

Come out and plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

PokeMasterFlabface
06/21/2005, 09:34 AM
Oh great...not that movie. :)

Man this week is going by too slow...I want it to be the weekend already. :)

Professor Elm
06/21/2005, 09:39 AM
I hear ya. I am ready for the weekend to come already, so I can hopefully get my trip.
That would be my birthday wish to get a trip and invite to worlds.

Team Cook
06/21/2005, 12:48 PM
Wow! Less than 4 days left!

Team Cook
06/21/2005, 07:37 PM
Hey boys and girls, I saw an idea I really like (from Vince), so I will use it.

The Bring a new player drawing.

If you bring a new player (has never been issued a pop id card), you and your friend will be in a special drawing. I'm giving away a SEALED box of EX Emerald cards. That's right, a BOX of cards. You and your friend can share the box. REMEMBER, THIS IS A DRAWING. For each friend you bring in, you'll get one slip for each friend. Bring in 5 friends, you get 5 chances for the box. It also doesn't have to be a friend, it can be a parent, brother, sister, dog, cat.....oops, no animals. OH, THE FRIEND MUST PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT.

Team Cook
06/22/2005, 07:07 AM
Alright all you Rockers, let's see if you can figure out where I got this from. Actually, it's an easy one if you like live music.

YOU WANTED THE BEST

YOU GOT THE BEST

THE HOTTEST GYM CHALLENGE IN THE WORLD

HOUSTON

See ya on Saturday.

Team Cook
06/23/2005, 07:17 AM
Good Times in 2 days.

PokeParty in 2 days.

PokeFriends in 2 days.

PokeGrab in 2 days.

PokeDoorPrizes in 2 days.

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

In 2 days.

mewsmom
06/23/2005, 12:50 PM
Hey Mike-

You still need judges? You can count on me :thumb:

Team Cook
06/23/2005, 02:19 PM
Look out folks, we got us a Mississippi judge coming to Houston. Thanks Nancy. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Quiet before the storm.

Master Professor Birch
06/23/2005, 03:57 PM
"Lynch Mob" returns as a judge!!! Nancy, you know that you have always been my favorite PokeMom. And your two wonderful children...what else can I say. (As Birch spreads the butter a little thicker.) Can I get that chair for you??? Need a drink??? Polish your nails??? Test drive that "Trailblazer"???

And besides, I never even considered you Mississippi...Ya'll are all Texas!!!

MPB

PS: Heather, Taylor says hello and he misses you.

Rew
06/23/2005, 04:12 PM
I liked where states was I could go to my Aunts house easier

Professor Elm
06/23/2005, 07:17 PM
Ok guys I will be leaving tomorrow around 11:00 am so if there is anything I need to know before I leave then please inform me!

Shiloh Phoenix
06/23/2005, 07:43 PM
Good Times in 2 days.

PokeParty in 2 days.

PokeFriends in 2 days.

PokeGrab in 2 days.

PokeDoorPrizes in 2 days.

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

In 2 days.

Dangit, Cook, stop making it look so fun... :nonono:

Cyrus
06/23/2005, 07:59 PM
Well that is what a TO does: generate interest in the game! =P

Rew
06/23/2005, 08:26 PM
Elm why on Friday I live here I'm leavin' on Saterday

Professor Elm
06/23/2005, 08:31 PM
It's like a 4 hour drive to the Woodlands and if I want to get there at 9am then my family would have to wake up REAL early, so we're staying in a hotel called the Marriot Residence Inn in the Woodlands area on Friday. (yeah I know I am spoiled)
On Saturday I will be leaving the hotel at like 9 or so.

mewsmom
06/23/2005, 09:09 PM
"Lynch Mob" returns as a judge!!! Nancy, you know that you have always been my favorite PokeMom. And your two wonderful children...what else can I say. (As Birch spreads the butter a little thicker.) Can I get that chair for you??? Need a drink??? Polish your nails??? Test drive that "Trailblazer"???

And besides, I never even considered you Mississippi...Ya'll are all Texas!!!

MPB

PS: Heather, Taylor says hello and he misses you.

Now you know we love you all just as much. ** runs off to pack new Lynch mobile**

~Blazi-King~
06/23/2005, 09:35 PM
Hey Mike-

You still need judges? You can count on me :thumb:

UH OH

She's gonna D'Q me from winning the whole thing.

Great there goes my 1st place after finishing 3rd and 2nd respectively in the previous 2 Gyms...

Hmmmmmm What To Do....What To Do :confused:

Team Cook
06/23/2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Shiloh, put your mom on the board. Show her how much fun we will have.

Non Stop Pokeparty

Team Cook
06/24/2005, 10:21 AM
PARTY PEOPLE.......

HERE WE GO.......

ARE YOU READY.......

GET READY TO RUMMMBLE.

Don't forget, early bird drawings start at 10:30 am. To be eligible for the early bird drawings, you will need to be: registered and have your deck checks completed. (ALL WINNERS OF THE EARLY BIRD DRAWINGS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL DRAWINGS ONCE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS.

Don't forget, ALL GBA players must have decks checked prior to GBA event.

Don't forget, bring in a new player, you're eligible for the drawing of a box of cards, (along with your friend.

Don't forget, we will have a snack bar and store set up all day. All snacks, drinks, deck boxes, sleeves, dice, etc, will be reasonably priced

Don't forget, put a smile on your face, keep a smile on your face, have a good time, and if any new players need a little help, help them out.

Don't forget, TEAM COOK AND ALL THEIR STAFF WILL GREET YOU WITH A SMILE AND MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME.

See y'all Saturday morning. For everyone traveling, have a safe trip. If you need my cell #, pm me.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/24/2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah right, she's made up her mind, I'm not gonna argue with that, it's like goin' freakin' kamikaze.

Psyco Pedestrian
06/24/2005, 07:58 PM
I'm working deck now. I've made my choice.

1-Work on deck
2-Go to bed
3-Wake up
4-See my friends
5-Play with my friends
6-Forget about them for now and kick some BUTT!!!!!

Shiloh Phoenix
06/24/2005, 08:39 PM
Well, it's almost time, hope you guys have fun, and someone beat Clay, his head doesn't need to get TOO big.

PokeMasterFlabface
06/24/2005, 09:24 PM
Well...my ride decided to ditch on me and my sister at the last minute. So there is no way I will be able to go to this event...good luck everyone and have fun. Cya at the San Antonio Gym Challenge if ya go.

Team Cook
06/24/2005, 09:32 PM
Hey guys!

12 hours before the start of the door prize drawings....

and guess what.....

We have over 100 Prizes at this event alone!!!!!

So get there early....

You don't want to miss a thing!

~Blazi-King~
06/24/2005, 09:46 PM
See Ya Guys 'marrow.

Getting to bed now....Click

Cyrus
06/25/2005, 08:48 PM
Not sure how accurate this is, but this is what I got from Ryan Soles, who probably got it from Blazi-King:::

15+

1st place: Matt Shepherd (Blaziken)
2nd place: Jordan Dupuis (Rocklock)
3rd place: Dana Lynch (Slaking/Metagross)
4th place: Roy Roberson Junior (Rocklock)

Congrats to Matt, and hopefully see you at worlds! You got college, but be there!!! >_<

PokeMasterFlabface
06/25/2005, 09:16 PM
Anything from the other Age Groups...wouldn't mind knowing that as well. :)

PokeMasterFlabface
06/25/2005, 10:58 PM
Ah yes I forgot...how did Birch do in this event?

Shiloh Phoenix
06/25/2005, 11:08 PM
aw man, poor Jordan. dude, I feel so sorry for ya'.

Team Cook
06/25/2005, 11:12 PM
Straight from the big guys mouth.

152 players.

15 & up. Matthew S.
11 to 14. Tracy C. (Robbie W. gets trip)
10 & under. Evan B. (Tessa Ray R. gets trip)

Too tired to elaborate on this tournament. Will post Monday, or I'm sure you'll hear about it on other threads. Everything went fine. We gained a BUNCH of new Pokemon players from this tournament.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/25/2005, 11:16 PM
yay robbie gets the trip in 11-14! GJ, Robbie!

Young Giovanni
06/25/2005, 11:39 PM
Go Tracy, you pwn Texas, girl! :thumb:
Dylan

TrAcY cHo
06/26/2005, 02:08 AM
Go Tracy, you pwn Texas, girl! :thumb:
Dylan

Thanks!

Birch didn't play... backed out at the last second.

HUGE turn out, loved the event, good job Team Cook!
Well, I better head to bed too, laters!

homeofmew
06/26/2005, 07:10 AM
I had a good time I got top 8 :)
I beat Zaapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spazcrackers
06/26/2005, 09:45 AM
I had a good time I got top 8 :)
I beat Zaapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beat zappy?!?!? :eek: well zappy ran rampant in Covington,LA gym yesterday
15+Bill Homeyer-Zappy
11-14 Matt Lambou-Zappy