PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to TJ's Collectibles

PojosamaWannabe
05/15/2005, 03:20 PM
I have been playing pokemon for over five years and have attended almost every large tournament in the NY/NJ area. I have been at numerous stores and venues and have had the unfortunate luck to play under many PTOs that just shouldn't be organizing tournaments. TJ's Staff did a superb job hosting this tournament. Everything ran smooth, there were zero flaws, every ruling was just, and the staff was courteous and helpful. Everyone on the staff took extra time to help any player with any information he/she asked for. Their computer setup with one computer and laserjet for each age group sped the whole process of pairings up. I'd just like to personally thank Mr. Shea and the rest of the TJ's staff for a great event.

Justin C

TheCrossFormatKid
05/15/2005, 05:37 PM
I have been playing pokemon for over five years and have attended almost every large tournament in the NY/NJ area. I have been at numerous stores and venues and have had the unfortunate luck to play under many PTOs that just shouldn't be organizing tournaments. TJ's Staff did a superb job hosting this tournament. Everything ran smooth, there were zero flaws, every ruling was just, and the staff was courteous and helpful. Everyone on the staff took extra time to help any player with any information he/she asked for. Their computer setup with one computer and laserjet for each age group sped the whole process of pairings up. I'd just like to personally thank Mr. Shea and the rest of the TJ's staff for a great event.

Justin C

You were there and apparently you are the one that beat me in t16 :-p If only I knew it was you i could have gotten you to sign a card. Oh well, the tourney was run fairly smooth. Props indeed.

Shellshock929
05/16/2005, 03:29 AM
Mr. Shea did a good job in judging. Tony Woodson, Lissanne and all the other judges(including BJJ763) were cool and it was cool when BJJ763 says for you to take the victory walk when you win. The tournament's great. TJ collectables, I'd be looking foward to going there someday.

BJJ763
05/16/2005, 05:27 AM
WHAT? You two were there???? Blastoise-shellshocker at least told me his s/n. But you other two..... what decks did you play and how far did you make it? (have not read any tourney reports yet so i cannot put the name to the person).

Don't forget to leave feedback under your MyPokemon Account!

PokePop
05/16/2005, 06:00 AM
Yes, it was very enjoyable putting faces to names.

BJJ never told me to do the victory walk.....
Guess I would have had to win a game.

Things ran very smoothly.
Too smoothly! It was impossible to get the time between rounds to get food and actually eat it!
A lunch break would have been good, even if it were a short one.

DarkTyranitar
05/16/2005, 08:38 AM
This was indeed a very smoothly run and very enjoyable regional.

PROPS go out to Tom and the rest of the TJ-Crew for really doing an EXCELLENT job with the tournament!

Also, I'd personally like to thank all those who competed in the 11 - 14 age category that I was judging, for making my job an easy and most enjoyable one. Everyone did a real good job of playing together nicely, with very little confusion, static, and no problems resulting.

All-in-all this was one of the best-run large Poke' tournaments that I've attended.

(Btw, Blastoise-shellshocker, my last name is: "WooTson." - :biggrin: )

- Tony

TheCrossFormatKid
05/16/2005, 03:12 PM
WHAT? You two were there???? what decks did you play and how far did you make it? (have not read any tourney reports yet so i cannot put the name to the person).

Don't forget to leave feedback under your MyPokemon Account!

I was using zapdos EX and made it into the t16 cut with a 5-1 record, losing against zapdos(pojosamawannabe's zapdos). And was wearing my canada tshirt :-p

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/16/2005, 04:08 PM
Tom and the crew always hold a great event and im glad this one got so much praise because they all deserve good feedback. I do hope the one in milford is as fun as this one was. Too bad i couldent be there but greensboro was calling my name :thumb: In greensboro feraligatr had the winners do poses for thecamera but no victory walk.