PDA

View Full Version : Brookfield, WI Gym Challenge Sat. 6/25!

Broken Lizard
05/16/2005, 05:48 AM
Brookfield is hosting a Gym Challenge!

Saturday, June 25th 2005
Knights of Columbus Meeting Hall
4700 N. 145th St.
Brookfield, WI 53005
Doors open at 11:00; first round starts at 12:00 noon

After giving it a lot of thought and discussion with a number of players, I have decided that the side event will be Theme Deck Sealed, 2-on-2 (single player, 2 active Pokémon).

Each player will get a sealed theme deck (vintage) and 2 boosters of Legendary Collections. (If you remember that SET (http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usLegendaryCollection.html) , then you're a vet!)

Theme decks will be assigned randomly.

We have:

Jungle Decks: Water Blast (F/W) and Power Reserve (P/G)

Fossil Decks: Bodyguard (G/F) and Lockdown (W/R)

Team Rocket Decks: Trouble (P/G) and Devastation (G/W) *

Base Set 2 Decks: Lightning Bug (L/G), Hot Water (R/W), Psych Out (P/W), and 2-Player Starter Decks (F/W)

* Team Rocket decks will come with 2 Team Rocket Boosters (http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usrocket.html) instead of Legendary Collection Boosters.

A list of theme deck contents can be found at Pokébeach (http://www.pokebeach.com/themedecks/themedeck.shtml).

This event will be sanctioned under Limited 2-on-2 Fun Format Rules (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Tournament%20Formats.pdf).

This should be a nice, low-pressure event that requires no prior experience or preparation. It will be perfect for the younger players and fun for all ages. The event will run concurrently with the top 8 playoffs.

The cost will be $10, and prizes will be EMERALD boosters. :biggrin:

bullados
05/16/2005, 06:28 AM
Naice. That makes 2 that I might be able to go to. Congrats on getting one! Now, just gotta get my deck ready for this...

ST Pika
05/16/2005, 07:11 AM
I should be there...

PokeWisconsin
05/16/2005, 12:59 PM
I'll be there!

Pooka
05/16/2005, 02:41 PM
Oh God, I'll be there no matter what. lol =D

HypnosProjectHQ
05/16/2005, 03:34 PM
Of course I'll be there. This time I'm not gonna flop 100% guaranteed. My life's been too miserable lately. Its about time something good happens for me.

Broken Lizard
05/17/2005, 03:25 PM
Are you all interested in a side event to be run during the top 8?

If so, what format?

menoknow
05/17/2005, 05:14 PM
2 on 2 (2 active pokemon each, not 2 players vs 2 players)

Are you all interested in a side event to be run during the top 8?

If so, what format?

PokeWisconsin
05/17/2005, 07:35 PM
A sealed event would be fun, possibly rochester draft.

Rulemaster
05/17/2005, 09:17 PM
I'll probably be at league tomorrow, maybe we can discuss it

Tormentedsoul14
05/17/2005, 09:40 PM
I should be able to go Ill help judge if you still want me to Jared.

~Mr. T~

Broken Lizard
05/18/2005, 05:05 AM
Tormentedsoul14: that's affirmative.

I really like the 2-active format, but many players would not be prepared for it.

bullados
05/18/2005, 06:42 AM
I'd love any sort of Limited, anything I can get Limited, anything at all. How bout a 2v2 draft, or even a theme deck challange 2v2? That'd be fun...

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
05/18/2005, 01:33 PM
I hope to go, Im only waiting word of whether I get hired for this cool job, wish me luck guys....hopefully they dont make me work on that date!!!!

See ya

HypnosProjectHQ
05/18/2005, 01:45 PM
I hope to go, Im only waiting word of whether I get hired for this cool job, wish me luck guys....hopefully they dont make me work on that date!!!!

See ya

You ask for luck, you shall recieve. Best of luck to you!

Also, Abe, don't you love my promotion of Team Wisconsin in my signiture? Its Hyp Siggy v3.0! :cool:

bullados
05/18/2005, 01:48 PM
yea yea. New sig, same trash. TC and TI took 3 out of 4 in all the T4s in Regionals, won all 3 age groups, and will do the same at Pastimes, and again at Brookfield.

HypnosProjectHQ
05/18/2005, 01:52 PM
Psht. I'm not going down so easily this next time - especially by you, Ryan. Last weekend was a fluke for certain. It was the start of my long list of things that went wrong, so I'm ready to say that it wasn't supposed to go that way.

Also, please note that it says EVENTUALLY. That doesn't specify Niles on the 12th or Brookfield on the 25th. However, if it is up to me, Brookfield, Manitowoc, and/or Niles will be mine to claim!

Rulemaster
05/18/2005, 02:00 PM
now ryan is talking crud. ryan what was your record on saturday? me and my bro made T16, he made T8. Pooka T4. Menoknow had the same record i did but missed on resistance. your team still has a lot more players than us, but still we seem to be doing well. are you including chuck and ness on your team?

ST Pika
05/18/2005, 07:54 PM
Chuck and Ness are SOTG team... that's seperate from TIY or Team Chicago...

Since at this tournament I'll be another year older... (bday on June 20)... I'll have to put that age wisdom to good use before I take to the streets in Tulsa...

Tormentedsoul14
05/18/2005, 09:22 PM
How about a weird format that really isnt out...how about an advanced modified format? (just a rought guess at the next modified) Ive heard more FR/LG on so how about FR/LG on make it a challenge.

~Mr. T~

menoknow
05/18/2005, 10:12 PM
Or, as Cory G. suggested at my prerelease, have a tournament limited to 1 set where you bring your own deck instead of drafting.

TR/TRR draft could be fun too (WotC and nintendo set). I've been wanting to run one of those but havent had the chance.

Anything 'different' can be fun. Only issue is making sure people can have a deck prepared that they can use.

I LOVE the 2vs2 format though.

Mathorn1
05/20/2005, 09:21 AM
I will probably be there. Im gonna try to go to both Wisconsin one since I cant go to Illinois ones.

Kevin

HypnosProjectHQ
05/20/2005, 03:26 PM
Alrighty Kevin. It'll be good to see you in our home town! You can win 11-14 since I'm taking 15+.

From what I understand, the judges will be TormentedSoul14 and hypnotoad1234 are going to be the judges, with more possible.

Mathorn1
05/20/2005, 09:18 PM
Haha me win, I never won a tournament and dont plan on starting anytime soon. Power to noobs.

Kevin

HypnosProjectHQ
05/25/2005, 04:51 AM
What do you people think will do well? I am assuming that some older decks will be making some comebacks. Others?

Rulemaster
05/25/2005, 10:47 AM
Decks on the return:
Gardevoir
Blaziken
Rock Lock(not sure if it was ever gone, but im putting it here anyways)
Dragtrode(not as good as before but still a beast)

Decks being metagamed:
Zapdos ex
Ludicargo
Rock Lock
...and many more :cool:

menoknow
05/25/2005, 11:13 AM
Should be near 100% that I'll be there. Just got a different job today where I'll work Mon-Thurs, 40 hours a week, 10.50/hr with Friday optional. Never work weekends. So if I can't make it, work shouldn't be the reason!

Get to give me 1 weeks notice at Wendy's today where in 2 weeks I got a total of about 12 hours in, lol.

I'm going to have more money than I'll know what to do with!

MUAHAHAHAHA

bullados
05/25/2005, 12:09 PM
You can never have more money than you know what to do with. If you're ever having any troubles spending money, give me a call, I've got several...

Ice'Cold
05/25/2005, 02:44 PM
Ill try and make this one just to be mean. lol ; )

HypnosProjectHQ
05/25/2005, 04:41 PM
Ill try and make this one just to be mean. lol ; )

Doesn't really matter since trips and invites filter down. I could lose to you in the finals and still go to Worlds. :cool:

menoknow
05/25/2005, 08:14 PM
Still have to work this Friday, Sat, Sun at Wendy's. Start my new job next Wednesday. I'll be working M-Th, 3:30-1:30am and maybe Fridays 3:30-9 or so. So people might have troubles getting a hold of me soon during the week.

I smell like Burgers now...just made em for 3 and 2/3rds hours.

Bullados--how much money you need? :-p I'll try to find uses for it all. I'll start by paying my parents everything I'm going to owe them for college. About 2/3rds of the way there already. Should be able to pay them off in less than a month! Then all the money I make will be MINE MINE MINE!

So this isn't considered spam.....

I'll try to think up a new deck for the gym challenges in w/e spare time I can find. Or just touch up my last deck, whatever works. Hopefully I can find some decent time to playtest before then. I was planning on going to TN this weekend for regionals but my parents were against it. So I'll have to win a gym. I just want to win one of this bigger tourneys and earn myself some more respect in the poke world. I always seem to have at least 1 game where I have a horrible start that I just can't overcome and then miss the top cut on resistance. My time will come! We need more than just Pooka to bring home titles for us cheeseheads!

HypnosProjectHQ
05/25/2005, 08:57 PM
Thats the spirit, Jeff! Team Wisconsin will prevail! I can win Brookfield and you can take 2nd to me, with my trip passing down to you because I'll already have won Niles. I wish... I'll win at least one Gym, though.

Tormentedsoul14
05/25/2005, 09:01 PM
Not me this year next year for me I will play all I can instead of judging! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The only way for me to go to Worlds is Nats.

By the way decided on what format the side event will be?

~Mr. T~

Ice'Cold
05/25/2005, 09:28 PM
Doesn't really matter since trips and invites filter down. I could lose to you in the finals and still go to Worlds. :cool:

Not in t8/t4 my friend.

Ice'Cold
05/25/2005, 09:30 PM
I'll win at least one Gym, though.

Thats the real trick now isnt it? :wink:

CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER
05/25/2005, 11:36 PM
Hey,

Guys don't forget the big cheese here....lol.....I intended on getting an invite.....

See ya

Mathorn1
05/27/2005, 08:14 PM
Like 5 people are expecting to win it. interesting.

Kevin

menoknow
05/27/2005, 09:17 PM
Everyone thinks they'll win, but only I KNOW that I'll win....lol

I'm just hoping I can make a cut once and see what I can do from there. Resistance has screwed me way too many times!

SLOW DECK
05/28/2005, 07:13 AM
It will be on the calendar. It will be a good prequel to nationals.

I will be trying to bring a large group, but my 8 year old still has baseball that day.

HypnosProjectHQ
05/29/2005, 05:06 AM
It will be on the calendar. It will be a good prequel to nationals.
Thats for certain. I'll finally get some practice for Nationals. Its kind of hard to do so at league when half or more of the people aren't playing the popular decks and are using special rules. Maybe if I built my deck and a popular deck or two, then maybe I could get some more practice in.

Tormentedsoul14
05/29/2005, 09:34 AM
Sorry guys but I can't get off Saturday :( I will be taging along with Wiza to whever he goes on the 12th pending on grades tho. :lol: And I will be at Manitowocs. Sorry again. Cya all there.

~Mr. T~

Mathorn1
05/29/2005, 08:25 PM
I cant decide whether to go to this one or collinsville.

Kevin

menoknow
05/29/2005, 09:16 PM
I think the Collinsville one was pushed back a couple of weeks now to June 25th....check OP site.....o duh, I was thinking I was reading the Niles thread or something. lol

I'll be at this one for sure! Unless some type of tragic incident occurs.

I cant decide whether to go to this one or collinsville.

Kevin

Mathorn1
05/29/2005, 09:20 PM
Nevermind I just looked at Collinsville and its like 4 or someting hours away. I might go to this one, stay at a hotel and then go to Manitowac.

Kevin

HypnosProjectHQ
05/31/2005, 04:49 AM
Sorry guys but I can't get off Saturday :( I will be taging along with Wiza to whever he goes on the 12th pending on grades tho. :lol: And I will be at Manitowocs. Sorry again. Cya all there.

~Mr. T~

That sucks. Well, I'll see you at Niles and Manitowoc then, won't I? I assume you'll be playing in those, though, so we'll be against each other. Tough luck. :biggrin:

[EDIT]: We've got 24 days left until this tourney. We've also only got 2 league weeks left until the first of the Gym Challenges in the area. See you all at league and then Niles on the 12th!

PokeWisconsin
06/01/2005, 08:41 PM
I'll be head judging the event. We're still deciding the format of the side event. Only a few weeks to go...

HypnosProjectHQ
06/02/2005, 04:45 AM
Yep. The head judge is Eric and the rwo other Judges are Joe and Josh. Jared will be taking care of the TO's busniess such as running the computer and stuff. We determined all this stuff with our tiny league session last night.

menoknow
06/02/2005, 11:21 AM
Can anybody carry me to the event? I had my first day of work last night. I was told 3:30-1:30,now its 3:30pm-2:30am. 11hours of carrying wood, boxes of nails, hammering, etc. Right hand and forearm are still sore. I can only imagine how I'll feel when I start working 4 days a week next week. Mon-Thursdays I'm going to have about 0 time for myself. WOrk 3:30-2:30am. Sleep until 11ish. List stuff and package and ship stuff for ebay most of the time from 11-3. Got 35 emails (I think all ebay related) from 3pm yesterday until noon today. Paypal accountgained about $160 as well. And I made over $100 at work. If I don't win a trip, maybe I'll justfly to world first class!

Broken Lizard
06/06/2005, 10:23 AM
After giving it a lot of thought and discussion with a number of players, I have decided that the side event will be Theme Deck Sealed, 2-on-2 (single player, 2 active Pokémon).

Each player will get a sealed theme deck (vintage) and 2 boosters of Legendary Collections. (If you remember that SET (http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usLegendaryCollection.html) , then you're a vet!)

This event will be sanctioned under Limited 2-on-2 Fun Format Rules (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Tournament%20Formats.pdf).

This should be a nice, low-pressure event that requires no prior experience or preparation. It will be perfect for the younger players and fun for all ages. The event will run concurrently with the top 8 playoffs.

The cost will be $10, and prizes will be EMERALD boosters. :biggrin:

PokeWisconsin
06/06/2005, 01:24 PM
Good choice Jared! I'm looking forward to it!

HypnosProjectHQ
06/06/2005, 02:35 PM
Nice side event choice. More than likely I won't have the money, but I'll try. I also won't be playing if I make top 8. I'm sure that makes sense, though.

Scizor
06/06/2005, 02:58 PM
I'll be there, POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKA!

HypnosProjectHQ
06/07/2005, 05:11 AM
I'll be there, POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKA!

Looks like it'll be a loud day in Brookfield. PLEASE don't ban the yelling of Pooka, Jared.

Also, as I do before every tourney, I guess the top 8. Well, I'm not in 11-14 anymore, so lemme give you my assumption for 11-14. It does not include any IL players because I'm actually doubting any for 11-14 because they'll prolly all already have trips and not bother coming.

11-14 Top 4 Educated Guess
-Jas J.
-Matt T.
-Alex S.
-Peter D.

And I'm assuming pairings will look something like this...
Jas J. vs Peter D.
Matt T. vs Alex S.

And if what I've done for these people is right....
TOP 2
Jas J. vs Matt T.

My best friend versus my cousin in the finals.... oh how I can imagine that, oddly enough.

bullados
06/07/2005, 09:21 AM
Naice, a $10 limited event with new set prizes, always a good idea. Been looking to do another TDC since the last one. Will the theme decks be randomly distributed, or will we have a choice?

Rulemaster
06/07/2005, 10:49 AM
sounds good. any idea what sets the theme decks are from?

HypnosProjectHQ
06/07/2005, 02:42 PM
Bah... I'll have the money. Hopefully I can get extremely lucky and get a good theme deck unlike last time I played in one of these sealed tournies. Last time I remember having to play with a Base Set Starter Deck. Talk about a drag. Woo-whoo! Machamp! ...

Broken Lizard
06/08/2005, 10:02 AM
Theme decks will be assigned randomly.

We have:

Jungle Decks: Water Blast (F/W) and Power Reserve (P/G)

Fossil Decks: Bodyguard (G/F) and Lockdown (W/R)

Team Rocket Decks: Trouble (P/G) and Devastation (G/W) *

Base Set 2 Decks: Lightning Bug (L/G), Hot Water (R/W), Psych Out (P/W), and 2-Player Starter Decks (F/W)

* Team Rocket decks will come with 2 Team Rocket Boosters (http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usrocket.html) instead of Legendary Collection Boosters.

A list of theme deck contents can be found at Pokébeach (http://www.pokebeach.com/themedecks/themedeck.shtml).

HypnosProjectHQ
06/08/2005, 04:05 PM
LOCKDOWN!?! *drools*

Yeah, thats the best of all the decks you listed. Lapras and Magmar!?! You can't do better than that!!!

PokeWisconsin
06/08/2005, 09:44 PM
I'll be playing in the side event since I'm judging the main event. Can't wait!

HypnosProjectHQ
06/09/2005, 04:52 AM
I'll be playing in the side event since I'm judging the main event. Can't wait!
Makes sense to me.

BTW, everyone, we got Roadrunner High Speed yesterday, so if you want, the link to all the tourney pictures for the past year is in my sig. I don't have Emerald photos or Regionals photos yet, but I hope to have them soon!

Rulemaster
06/09/2005, 09:37 PM
get them photos up yo

HypnosProjectHQ
06/10/2005, 05:25 AM
get them photos up yo

They are up! Click on my link in my signiture! :biggrin:

bullados
06/10/2005, 07:28 AM
he was talking bout EM and Regionals...

HypnosProjectHQ
06/10/2005, 12:46 PM
Oh. They aren't even developed yet. :tongue:

Broken Lizard
06/12/2005, 05:19 AM
Oh. They aren't even developed yet. :tongue:

How could Team Wisconsin be so underdeveloped? :wink:

HypnosProjectHQ
06/13/2005, 06:18 AM
Got me there, Jared. They should be up soon. Also forgot about States photos. They are still in the development process as well.

Broken Lizard
06/14/2005, 06:45 AM
Be sure to bring your camera for Brookfield. After all, Pooka will be there! :cool:

HypnosProjectHQ
06/14/2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah. Thats for sure!

Also, I'm getting in all my trades in. I've got 2 major ones coming currently, so this should be good.

ST Pika
06/17/2005, 07:51 AM
I'm gonna be leading my last IL invasion before I move out to Oklahoma this weekend, am looking forward to a fun tournament. I can't wait!

SomethingElse
06/17/2005, 07:53 AM
quick question...is there any more information, or another topic, about the WI GC on the 26th?

Ice'Cold
06/17/2005, 06:52 PM
Be sure to bring your camera for Brookfield. After all, Pooka will be there! :cool:

Could this be Pooka's ticket to worlds? In his OWN state for once?...Only time will tell.:thumb:

PokeMama
06/17/2005, 07:12 PM
quick question...is there any more information, or another topic, about the WI GC on the 26th?

Manitowoc doesn't often post on the boards, but here's a link to the Event info:
http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/tournaments_detail.asp?tournament_id=506000119

HypnosProjectHQ
06/18/2005, 06:24 AM
Could this be Pooka's ticket to worlds? In his OWN state for once?...Only time will tell.:thumb:

Not necessarily. The top 8 will be quite good, IMO. Of course, it'll more than likely include me. And you can't count me out because I did well in Niles (top 4) and even outlasted Pooka!

Ice'Cold
06/18/2005, 10:28 AM
Not necessarily. The top 8 will be quite good, IMO. Of course, it'll more than likely include me. And you can't count me out because I did well in Niles (top 4) and even outlasted Pooka!

No offense but I think if you had gone up directly against Pooka he would have beaten you. You gotta learn the actual placings in a tournament don't really matter, you either make t8 or you win. It's the luck of the draw to see who plays who.

Poliwag92
06/18/2005, 10:31 AM
No offense but I think if you had gone up directly against Pooka he would have beaten you. You gotta learn the actual placings in a tournament don't really matter, you either make t8 or you win. It's the luck of the draw to see who plays who.

no they do seedings. player 1st in standings plays player 8th in standings, so its not all luck of the draw

To everyone- does Manitowoc have a lot of 11-14 players?

Ice'Cold
06/18/2005, 10:48 AM
no they do seedings. player 1st in standings plays player 8th in standings, so its not all luck of the draw

To everyone- does Manitowoc have a lot of 11-14 players?

Immy, your placings in the t8 depend on what you win record is which in my opinion can be largely luck based. And yes, manitowoc does have a lot of 11-14 players, nearly as many as 15+ if I remember.

Poliwag92
06/18/2005, 01:01 PM
anyone else know the numbers of Manitowoc 11-14

PokeWisconsin
06/18/2005, 02:36 PM
Just depends on how many scrubs and out of towners show up. There were quite a few at States.

SomethingElse
06/18/2005, 03:03 PM
is the place nice?

PokeWisconsin
06/18/2005, 03:24 PM
Depends. The upper space isn't bad, but the lower part is. It can get cramped in there. If anyone has doubts about the place or anything just call them.

menoknow
06/18/2005, 10:03 PM
Well it's almost a sure thing that I'll be at Brookfield and Manitowoc gyms as well as Nationals! Parents actually gave me the ok for nationals, just cant have the car leave WI. But I got rides pretty much set so I should be just about good to go!

PARTY!!!!!

HypnosProjectHQ
06/19/2005, 05:57 AM
Yay! That means Wisconsin will have... *counts on fingers*... 8 players at Nationals this year! One for 11-14 (Cody K.) and 7 for 15+ (Derrick K., Matt E., Eric E., Jeff W., Abe M., Kyle S., and Jordan B.)! Go Team Wisconsin! The majority of us will actually be there!

BTW, I can start the countdown. We're close enough.
5 days until Brookfield Gym Challenge
6 days until Manitowoc Gym Challenge
12 days until United States Nationals

Also, I found what way we're taking to the Gym Challenge on Saturday. Its so unbelievably simple. Lisbon Rd is part of County K. County K starts right at the end of my driveway way out here in Oconomowoc. We're taking K all the way to 145th street! :biggrin:

*Looks in Sig*
Oh yeah! Also, I'm gonna be doing some reports for Yoshi's PIRN live during the 3 days I'm there. So, if you aren't going, listen to PIRN for Nationals updates from the man himself... moi! Oui! Je suis francias! Haha!

Rulemaster
06/19/2005, 11:14 PM
well you both lost to pwnda so i dont see what the discussion is about :\

btw i got off for sunday so im going to both brookfield and manitowoc...its gonna be fun

PokeWisconsin
06/19/2005, 11:20 PM
http://static.ytmnd.com:8000/73000/73272/image.jpg

PokeWisconsin
06/19/2005, 11:30 PM
After the tournament we are going to http://static.ytmnd.com:8000/32000/32704/image.gif

HypnosProjectHQ
06/20/2005, 06:28 AM
JARED! JARED! GUESS WHAT!

I got my aunt and uncle to let my cousins BOTH come to the tourney Saturday. That means... Matt T. for 11-14 and Sarah T. for 10-. We've got to hone up Sarah's skills for this weekend, but I'm pretty sure that I have the perfect deck for her to play.

Yay! :biggrin:

Broken Lizard
06/20/2005, 12:08 PM
Outstanding!

Ice'Cold
06/20/2005, 06:29 PM
JARED! JARED! GUESS WHAT!

I got my aunt and uncle to let my cousins BOTH come to the tourney Saturday. That means... Matt T. for 11-14 and Sarah T. for 10-. We've got to hone up Sarah's skills for this weekend, but I'm pretty sure that I have the perfect deck for her to play.

Yay! :biggrin:

Fast zappy has been widely accused of being the 8 yr old deck...

ST Pika
06/21/2005, 10:21 AM
You got that right, PokeWisconsin! Since this is my last midwest tourney, I have to quote this...

"Now this looks like a job for me... so everybody just follow me... cause we need a little controversy... cause it feels so empty without me..."~ (Eminem from the Eminem Show)

Amen to that... I will miss y'all... but I gotta go to the land of Tornadoes. Hopefully I can actually make top 8 for once, lol.

SLOW DECK
06/21/2005, 09:41 PM
My 8 year old Jason and his fast Zappy will be playing baseball on Saturday.

PokeWisconsin
06/21/2005, 11:59 PM
The fast Zappy has a high slugging percentage and leads the league in OHKOs.

HypnosProjectHQ
06/22/2005, 06:17 AM
So who is actually going to be here for the 10- division? My cousin and Calvin?

BTW, Matt and Eric, my mom won't let me go with you guys to Manitowoc because she doesn't want to drive me all the way to Whitewater to meet you guys. Instead, I will be going with Jared. Just letting you know since I haven't been able to talk to you guys on AIM lately.

Jaeger
06/22/2005, 01:07 PM
Hopefully I'll be there. Can you Preregister?

HypnosProjectHQ
06/22/2005, 01:41 PM
If ANYONE has Heal Energy or Gloom to trade, I will trade for them BEFORE the tournament. I need 4 Heal Energy and 3 Gloom. I need them for all the decks I need to build for the tournament (Mine, my brother's, and both of my cousins').

Jaeger
06/22/2005, 01:48 PM
How far is it from Brookfield to Manitowoc.

AXE
06/22/2005, 02:47 PM
Well "hyp" as far as i can see it, if you take out all the ppl that already have their trips to worlds, the finals at Brookfiled should be:
Pooka vs Axe (myself)

Sorry to break your heart Derrik but thats the way its gonna end up. And not only that the one of us that doesnt win Brookfield is gonna win Manitwat. So good luck at nationals.

Dave III

meganium45
06/22/2005, 02:55 PM
POOOOKA

axe

LOL

Good luck to all!

M45

Scizor
06/22/2005, 04:22 PM
Kyle is taking this down, POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKA!

SLOW DECK
06/22/2005, 05:03 PM
So who is actually going to be here for the 10- division? My cousin and Calvin?

Quinn will be there in Brookfield, but has a trip already. (It pushes down right?)
We aren't going on Sunday.

PokeWisconsin
06/22/2005, 05:08 PM
The trips get handed down to the next person who hasn't won one yet.

SLOW DECK
06/22/2005, 05:12 PM
Pooka vs Axe (myself)

I will make an even money bet that neither of you win it. (That is not an insult, just a statement that field is fairly strong.) IE sort of like a bet that Tiger Woods versus the rest of the field in a Golf Tournament. But when you remove the "trips" players, it does make give you guys a strong shot. But, I can think of several players that can get the best of you on "any given Saturday".

menoknow
06/22/2005, 07:31 PM
Well I'll have to do some deck building tomorrow and try to get some testing in at league on Friday. Yesterday was my last day of work. Now ebay will be my 'job' for the rest of summer.

What to play this time...

Mathorn1
06/22/2005, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=HypnosProjectHQ]So who is actually going to be here for the 10- division? My cousin and Calvin?[QUOTE]

My little sister is going. Still needs a trip after losing to Quinn in top 4 at Regionals. Team Tiy will have 6 people going.
10-1
11-14- 3
15-2

Kevin

emptyseat88
06/22/2005, 11:46 PM
Pooka's getting GRINCHED by Chuck and Ness :tongue:

PokeWisconsin
06/23/2005, 12:19 AM
Pooka's getting GRINCHED by Chuck and Ness :tongue:

Gee who could you be...

Rulemaster
06/23/2005, 12:22 AM
there's always next year emptyseat88

ST Pika
06/23/2005, 05:43 AM
Regardless of what happens, I know I'll be happy after the tournament... but that's another story.

HypnosProjectHQ
06/23/2005, 06:07 AM
I will make an even money bet that neither of you win it. (That is not an insult, just a statement that field is fairly strong.) IE sort of like a bet that Tiger Woods versus the rest of the field in a Golf Tournament. But when you remove the "trips" players, it does make give you guys a strong shot. But, I can think of several players that can get the best of you on "any given Saturday".

Thats the spirit! Go Rob!

menoknow
06/23/2005, 08:29 AM
So what are the vegas betting odds on 2 WI players being in the finals of 15+.....

Thats the spirit! Go Rob!

emptyseat88
06/23/2005, 12:39 PM
2 WI players in the finals? 1:100. Increases to 1:10 if Team Chicago and Team SotG are unable to make the trip.

Poliwag92
06/23/2005, 12:46 PM
who r u?

PokeWisconsin
06/23/2005, 01:13 PM
If you don't know by now you never will...

HypnosProjectHQ
06/23/2005, 02:12 PM
If you don't know by now you never will...
I don't even know. Is it someone I know? It sounds like someone I know.

emptyseat88
06/23/2005, 02:20 PM
U don no me! Bak up off dis grill yo!

Poliwag92
06/23/2005, 02:25 PM
Chuck or Ness

Ice'Cold
06/23/2005, 03:46 PM
We got with trips so far
Me
Ness
Chuck
BanginBox

so theres a good chance that a trip will be passed down depending on how the pairings go in the finals

bullados
06/23/2005, 05:45 PM
you forgot about the Funkmobile krew, or were you just listing those that already have trips?

HypnosProjectHQ
06/23/2005, 06:47 PM
Well, its about time for me to compile the list of people coming!

TO:
Broken Lizard

Judges:
PokeWisconsin (Head Judge)
hypnotoad1234
pokemonmasterjoe

Players:
Bullados
ST Pika
Pooka
HypnosProjectHQ
menoknow
Rulemaster
CHARIZARDMASTERTRAINER
Mathorn1
Ice'Cold
SLOW DECK
Scizor
Jaeger
AXE
blaziking111

Total Gym-ers there: 18

There will obviously be others. See you all there!

blaziking111
06/23/2005, 06:58 PM
I am coming. Bet you can't guess who I am!

HypnosProjectHQ
06/23/2005, 06:59 PM
Nice Cody. I added you to the list.

Jaeger
06/23/2005, 07:05 PM
And Ice'Cold since your going to be there I'm running a 4-4 Togatic line with 4 Battle Frontiers take that LOL

HypnosProjectHQ
06/23/2005, 07:08 PM
And Ice'Cold since your going to be there I'm running a 4-4 Togatic line with 4 Battle Frontiers take that LOL

Oooo.... now THAT sounds like a THREAT! *Decides to play Rock Lock after hearing this message*

:biggrin:

Ice'Cold
06/23/2005, 08:10 PM
you forgot about the Funkmobile krew, or were you just listing those that already have trips?

I was talking about the odds of a trip being passed down after the winner is declared. In 15+ theres a good chance, and theres a few winners from the other ages as well.

Rulemaster
06/23/2005, 08:27 PM
aww you stole my deck jaeger. i run 4-4 togetic with 4 battle frontiers and 4-4 medicham ex 4-4 muk ex. thats called the speed demon

HypnosProjectHQ
06/24/2005, 06:01 AM
I know I post almost every other post on this thread, but I've got a message from the Marriland forums.

Is it possible for me to head to brooksfield and enter, even though I didn't go to Niles, IL? Plus that would be cool to actually try out my deck against some people on the forums, And HypnosProject has the same stratagy, using Pidgeot for Quick Search ^^, though for me I always get my pidgeot in 15 turns or less *plans to go to Brooksfield*

Also, I know Marriland himself is coming. He said so in a PM to me last night.

That means more players yet!
~Hyp~ :thumb:

ST Pika
06/24/2005, 08:22 AM
The more the merrier in ST Pika's farewell tour of WI... look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

HypnosProjectHQ
06/24/2005, 11:36 AM
The more the merrier in ST Pika's farewell tour of WI... look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
It'll be a sad, sad day seeing you leave the midwest. We've had fun, but I guess I'll still see you around.

See you all Saturday in Brookfield (My Grandma is taking me) and Sunday in Manitowoc (going with Jared and Danny).

PokeMama
06/24/2005, 03:27 PM
To my knowledge, there are 8 people coming from TIY. Sure wish I could be one of them, but I gotta hold down the fort at TIY this time. But my son Marriland (Devin) is riding with Mathorn, so that's good. :) I'm sure it'll be a fantastic event. I wish everyone good luck and a lot of fun!

PokeMama
06/24/2005, 05:34 PM
Is there a Deck Registration form somewhere we can fill out ahead of time? Only one I could find at the website to print out was the Worlds one.

PokeMama
06/24/2005, 07:00 PM
Oh ok thanks. I didn't know if they had a Gym Challenge one online for us.

Mathorn1
06/24/2005, 08:20 PM
I wonder how Team TIY will do without our momma. Interesting.

Kevin

menoknow
06/24/2005, 11:26 PM
its now the day of the tourney and I'm deckless! That should increase my vegas odds of winning :-p

Tormentedsoul14
06/24/2005, 11:47 PM
See you all Saturday in Brookfield (My Grandma is taking me) and Sunday in Manitowoc (going with Jared and Danny).

Hopefully I make it to Manitowoc my ride cant take me. So if Jed or Jimmy asks where I am tell them my ride cancelled. I will try to get there. If not I will see you all at Origins.

~Mr. T~

Pooka
06/25/2005, 12:03 AM
I'll see you guys in a couple hours. :D

PokeWisconsin
06/25/2005, 12:45 AM
Pooka's Crim avatar pwns my Rao avatar.

Rulemaster
06/25/2005, 01:15 AM
You come to the tournament, you play in the tournament, you get a little bit of prizes, it is a good time -Dr. Rao

menoknow
06/25/2005, 07:09 AM
I'll be leaving home within the next 20 minutes. If only I had a fully constructed deck....Anyone wanna lend me a gooddeck for the tourney? :-p

PokeWisconsin
06/25/2005, 07:36 AM
See you guys there. I should really give Dr. Rao some Pokemon cards.

Broken Lizard
06/25/2005, 10:56 PM
...and that's a wrap!

Thanks to all for making it an outstanding day!

Special thanks go to Eric, Josh and Joe, who did a superb job judging, and also to Weilemom, who helped juggle all the TMS entries!

CRIMINAL
06/25/2005, 10:58 PM
pooka got cursed for using me in his avatar, >:)

HypnosProjectHQ
06/26/2005, 05:25 AM
Great job! I didn't do well because of resistance. If I would have gotten any more energy during my match with Abe...

BTW, I'll have an overall report tomorrow on the Brookfield Gym Challenge, Brookfield side event, and Manitowoc Gym Challenge.

For anyone going to Manitowoc, see you in a few hours! :biggrin: