PDA

View Full Version : Bombs, and Dragons, and Snakes Oh My!

*Hyper*_*Knux*
06/07/2005, 10:33 PM
Ok here's yet another Draggy/Trode. but without exes.

3 Dark Dragonite
2 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
2 Dark Electrode
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Steelix
2 Onix
4 Dunsparce
Pokemon: 20

2 Antient Tomb
2 Celio's Network
4 Copycat
2 Desert Ruins
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Rare Candy
2 Rocket's Admin.
2 Rocket's Hideout
4 Rocket's Poke Ball
4 Steven's Advise
Trainers: 26

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Darkness Energy
4 Dark Metal Energy
2 R Energy
Energy: 14

Stratagy: Oh come on do I have to tell you? Ok. Get out Dark Trode and Dark Draggy to get Dark Steelix powered up then do 80, 90, 100 possible damage each turn(Attack with Draggy untill Steelix is up) then whenever steelix is almost koed move all the energy to somebody, Briney's then put Draggy in play till next turn then start attacking with steelix agian! Here's the deck!

Shiloh Phoenix
06/07/2005, 11:24 PM
Okay, you need metal energy to make steelix a true tank.

Daddiursa
06/07/2005, 11:42 PM
Very glad to see someone posting a Draggy deck with a twist, the standard ones are getting a bit boring now.. Of course Metal Energy is needed, I'd drop an admin or two, plus on the stadiums I would rather use 1 Scott and go down to 3-4 stadiums, not 6 like you have now. That would make room for the Metals you need. if all 4 is too much, maybe go 3 on the Dark Metal and 3 on the Metal, for a total of 16 energies, not too bad IMO. Good luck on the deck!

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 02:46 AM
I like this idea. I use Sneasel EX's in my DragTrode deck and it's the bomb, but I must admit, even with a dark deck such as this, you want 4 stadiums in here to get rid of Battle Frontier. I would honestly take out the 2 Ancient Tombs and put in 2 Rocket's Hideouts! This will give Trode and Drag more HP and plus I like the restriction that it only applies to dark or Rocket dark type pokemon, mwahahah. I went against a nasty Shiftry deck and that stadium couldn't save it giving me advantage in HP...

I do think the idea of having dark metals instead of just metal energy is a great idea. With the Trodes you can easily Darkness Nav for these energies and then dark trance them around to power it up.

THE ONLY fix I'd do to this thing is replace ancient tombs (or 1 of them) with Rocket's Hideout. Other than that, what a brilliant set up!!!

Bohn
06/08/2005, 07:15 AM
okay, let me see:

3 Dark Dragonite
2 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
2 Dark Electrode
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Steelix
2 Onix
4 Dunsparce

2 Antient Tomb
2 Scott
3 Copycat
2 Desert Ruins
2 Rare Candy
3 Rocket's Admin.
2 Rocket's Hideout
4 Rocket's Poke Ball
3 Steven's Advise
3 TVR

3 Rainbow Energy
4 Darkness Energy
4 Dark Metal Energy
3 Metal Energy

Scott is needed here to fight BF, R. energy is not needed since u dont use R. sneasel.
The 2nd place in brazilian nats used same strategy, but he also used R. Sneasel

*Hyper*_*Knux*
06/08/2005, 09:23 AM
okay, let me see:

3 Dark Dragonite
2 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
2 Dark Electrode
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Steelix
2 Onix
4 Dunsparce

2 Antient Tomb
2 Scott
3 Copycat
2 Desert Ruins
2 Rare Candy
3 Rocket's Admin.
2 Rocket's Hideout
4 Rocket's Poke Ball
3 Steven's Advise
3 TVR

3 Rainbow Energy
4 Darkness Energy
4 Dark Metal Energy
3 Metal Energy

Scott is needed here to fight BF, R. energy is not needed since u dont use R. sneasel.
The 2nd place in brazilian nats used same strategy, but he also used R. Sneasel

Yeh I thought about Scott but then every time I used it to get rid of battle frontier They got another frontier and used Admin. So two is better than one.

I had six stadiums because I had to make sure that I had one in my hand at all times and if I didn't then I'd get one ASAP. I am glad that you like my deck this is my for sure Gym Challange deck for my 11-14 Age group to fight over. One more thing I know there will be alot of Gardy ex decks so can you tell me how to fight them off of me. Oh course I could only get energy when I really needed it with trode and attach the Metal to Steelix to prevent and do more damage. If I need to do anything else to the deck please say so. I'd like a trip to worlds!In one of the gym Challenges I'm playing in.

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 02:38 PM
Rocket's Sneasel EX in my DragTrode deck has helped me in tearing apart the Gardevoir decks. When playing against a Psychic deck, I try to get the Sneasel EX out as soon as possible, along with the Rocket's Hideout stadium to increase it's HP and the fact that it's resistant to Psychic makes the card that much better to go up against something like this.

Plus I'm careful not to leave too much energy on it, especially dark energy. When doing damage with it's 2nd attack, I usually use R Energy and already have a dark on it and depending on the remaining HP of the Defending Pokemon I would then have my Dragonite Dark Trance the remaining Dark Energy I need on it to do a successful KO.

I honestly can't think of a better card than Rocket's Sneasel EX in a DragTrode deck that has such a killer combo like this. As I said, it really helps get rid of all the Psychic decks in this area, all with the help of a certain stadium and it's resistance.

The only thing that will kill this deck are Chrystal Shards (Dragonite now weak) and Medicham EX's, which I predict a lot of Medicham EX decks this upcoming GC, so speed is the essense when trying to take them all down before they hit you where it hurts the most.....

Bohn
06/08/2005, 04:29 PM
yeah, R. sneasel can beat easily gardy EX, also desert ruins have some points here :D
be sure to kill it fast, otherwise u'll have some trouble. 2 decks with fast energies on the table + gardy ex is not very easy. Anyway, if you feel ther'll be many Gardex, then drop Dark steelix line (4 cards), add +1 voltorb + 1 dark trode (speed) + 1 R. sneasel EX + 1 R. suicune EX (yeah, against gardy, OHKO), then drop 3 metal for 3 R. energy.
Hope this helps!

shiftrymaster68
06/08/2005, 04:42 PM
How does Suicune OHKO Gardy?

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 04:54 PM
How does Suicune OHKO Gardy?I actually like the idea of having a Rocket's Suicune EX in here and might give it a try.

Now that I look at the card, I'm thinking, DUH!!!

The reason why it would OHKO a Gardy is because it does 90 damage to stage 2 pokemon! Since Gardevoir is stage 2, then it is gone in 2 turns. Now if you are going against a regular Gardevoir with 100 HP, all it takes is a simple strength charm to go with this attack to do one quick KO!!

Plus I also like the idea of "stalling" with Icy Wind to put pokemon to sleep if need be.

As far as I know, with it's "Dark and Clear" PokeBody, anything providing dark energy (dark metal, rainbow, R energy, etc) would make this body work, therefore making it so that it isn't affected by special conditions! I just may put it in my deck! :thumb:

*Hyper*_*Knux*
06/08/2005, 08:17 PM
I don't feel there'll be alot I'm just not good agianst(or with^_^) Garde Decks. I've beat a few but Steelix isn't the best agianst them. So the Medicham ex. That's like Muk ex's power right but only gets rid of powers. Correct? You know I do have a big problem. I've play tested the deck agianst my brothers and I don't really get good starts. That can't really be fixed but I think I should add another line of Voltorb/Dark Trode they seem to like the 6 cards after my hand. The prizes are their favorite place to be. either that or fishing for Dratini and Rocket Ball at the bottom of the deck. Yeah, so I think another line would be great. So right now here's the list.

3 Dark Draggy
2 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
2 Dark Trode
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Steelix
2 Onix
4 Dunsparce

2 Antient Tomb
2 Desert Ruins
2 Rocket's Hideout
2 Scott
4 Copycat
4 Rocket's Pokeball
2 Briney's
2 Rare candy
3 Steven's Advise
2 Rocket's Admin.

4 Rainbow
4 Dark Metal
4 Darkness
3 Metal

I need to put in another Dark Dragonair and another Trode line. So yeah thanks but I don't want to put in the exes I don't like exes right now. Sept Amphy!

rokman
06/08/2005, 08:51 PM
Now that I look at the card, I'm thinking, DUH!!!

The reason why it would OHKO a Gardy is because it does 90 damage to stage 2 pokemon! Since Gardevoir is stage 2, then it is gone in 2 turns.
OHKO mean one hit knock out...

you said it OHKO's gardy ... its gone in two turns....

that would be THKO...two hit knock out....

- _ -*

<>< rokman

Rew
06/08/2005, 10:06 PM
I am HK and weather you like it or not I'm on a different account. So Rock man you help alot don't you. Maybe he didn't mean Garde ex. He can do 90 with Suicune ex and then Strength charme to add it to 100 to OHKO a Garde^^o.

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 11:58 PM
I am HK and weather you like it or not I'm on a different account. So Rock man you help alot don't you. Maybe he didn't mean Garde ex. He can do 90 with Suicune ex and then Strength charme to add it to 100 to OHKO a Garde^^o.That's exactly what I was talking about! It's all about the strength charms and the amount of Dark & R energy that's on it to do it's attack just right. :wink:

Shiloh Phoenix
06/09/2005, 10:14 AM
Okay robbie, I think the other steelix you usually run is netter than this. Didn't you beat Johnny with that other one?

Rew
06/09/2005, 10:56 AM
?Question? Who are you and how do you know my name?!?! Well if this doesn't work I'll try to get on to my other account and find the decklist. I'll use that at Richardson if I don't do well at OK then I'll do better here. I still have the cards. And yes I've beat Johnny alot with my other deck. This is faster than the other one though. But yeah, I'll somehow get a trip to Worlds with Dark Steelix.

Rew
06/11/2005, 05:48 AM
Sorry for double posting but Do you think the Defence deoxys ex is good agianst garde since desert Ruins doesn't affect it and Garde is weak the it can't be hit by that garde!

TylerM
06/11/2005, 08:20 PM
FYI!!Robbie got 2nd at Oklahoma Gym Challanges!He beat me in top4(Damn lone Torchics)

CONRATS REW/ROBBIE!

Rew
06/12/2005, 09:50 AM
FYI!!Robbie got 2nd at Oklahoma Gym Challanges!He beat me in top4(Damn lone Torchics)

CONRATS REW/ROBBIE!

Thanks a ton Tyler now I think I can get the award. Congrants for you for getting in the top four with me. Hope to see yah Saterday at Richardson.