PDA

View Full Version : Blazicargo or DragTrode?????

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on which deck you think would be better to use at a tournament or big event, and I'm also asking for any fixes to each of them that you think is needed. The deck I'll show off first is my "Blazicargo" deck. It's pretty much like the Blaze decks that are currently out there, but I use Magcargo instead and and I'm also thinking about running Moltres EX. Let me know what you guys think and I'm open to suggestions:

Blazicargo :pokeball:

18 Pokemon:
2 Dunsparce (I know I should run 4, but what do I take out to make room for 2 more?)
2 Torchic (Emerald's Hypnotic Gaze)
2 Torchic (RS)
3 Combusken (RS Double Kick)
2 Blaziken (FireStarter)
2 Blaziken EX
1 Blaziken (Emerald, big hitter)
2 Slugma (Collect)
2 Magcargo (Smooth Over)

23 Trainers:
2 ATM Rock
2 Wally's Training
2 Rare Candy
2 Celio's Network
2 TV Reporter
2 Prof Oak's Research
1 Steven's Advice1
1 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Super Scoop Up
1 Pokemon Retriever
1 VS Seeker
1 Switch
1 Warp Point
1 Surprise! Time Machine
1 Battle Frontier
1 Meteor Falls
1 High Pressure System

19 Energy:
17 Fire
2 Boost

This deck does good and has potential but something just doesn't feel right about it. I'm open for fixes for this one.

Now let's move onto my DraggyTrode deck.

This is my version of the ever so popular "Dark Heart" decks, and I love it's consistency and speed but I'm not sure I'm doing so hot on the trainer side of things... For some reason, most people say that this deck doesn't need Pidgeot in it, but my deck is much more consistant with Pidgeot and plus I can easily get out my trainers that I only have 1 of, such as Scott, Strength charm, etc.

I'll give you my deck list for my DragTrode (aka Dark Heart) deck and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from anyone who thinks it should be fixed. Well, here it is:

DragTrode :pokeball:

25 Pokemon:
4 Dunsparce
3 Dratini
3 Dark Dragonair (Evolutionary Light) <--No need for Wally if you have these
3 Dark Dragonite
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Electrode
2 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto (Originally ran 2-1-2, 1 pidgeotto but it ended up in prizes too much)
2 Pidgeot
2 Rocket's Sneasel EX

20 Trainers:
3 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy (Don't tell me to put in an extra RC and get rid of a Pidgeotto, I've tried it and failed)
2 Warp Point
2 Steven's Advice
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Rocket's Hideout
2 Desert Ruins
1 Scott
1 CopyCat
1 Swoop! Teleporter
1 Strength Charm

15 Energy:
4 Dark
4 Dark Metal
4 Rainbow
3 R Energy

:thumb:

This is my deck and the list above is up to date with all the fixes I've made to it and so far it works great for me, but it doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions either....

At first I ran 2 Pidgey, 1 Pidgeotto, & 2 Pidgeot with 4 Rare Candy but for some reason, 85% of the time I had Pidgeotto in my prizes and I either didn't get rare candy in my hand or I got Rocked and of course couldn't evolve back up without another rare candy....

After running the 2-2-2 line of the bird family, it works a lot better and it's more consistant. I also originally thought of using Multi Energy instead of Rainbow energy (to avoid the 10 damage) but since all my energy are special energy, it would be pointless to use because it would turn colorless once attached (or tranced to) a pokemon with the other energy on it....

Anyways let me know what you guys think of this deck. It's only lost once in a tournament and since I made it, but that loss was against a Medicham deck and I had a slow start (go figure) as well as Rock Lock decks. Chrystal Shards also hurt my Dragonite a lot, but with Rocket's Hideout in play I had a chance to stay alive and do OHKO damage with my Rocket's Sneasel EX.

Anyways looking forward to any comments or suggestions... :biggrin:

Lord Broly
06/08/2005, 05:05 PM
Use the DragTrode.

Take out
1 Pidgeotto
1 R Energy
1 Dark Dragonair
1 Scott
1 Warp Point

Add in
1 Copy Cat
1 Stevens
1 Celio
1 ATM Rock
1 Pokemon Retriever

GKOTM
06/08/2005, 05:05 PM
For DragTrode...

-1 R Sneasel ex
-1 Warp Point
-1 R Energy
-1 Rocket's Hideout

+1 Crystal Shard / Steven's Advice
+2 Copycat
+1 Ancient Tomb

I don't know why your Pidgeotto keeps getting prized like that. I run 2/1/2 with 4 RC and that almost never seems to happen to me at all.

Also I ran 3 stadiums and no Scott but did fine against BF. Just let them play their BF first and then counter when you can. You may want to consider Rocket's Admin as well to mess up those Cargo.

Go with Draggy.

louist200
06/08/2005, 05:13 PM
blazekin use pidget.
it will kill.
i know i have played it.

ryanvergel
06/08/2005, 05:33 PM
Dragtrode is going to be EVERYWHERE at GCs.

Definitely going to make a deck with at least 2 shards.

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 05:38 PM
Add in
1 Copy Cat
1 Stevens
1 Celio
1 ATM Rock
1 Pokemon RetrieverI did have an ATM Rock in here but took it out after a recent change. I do think your fix is good and will give it a shot, but one question, WHY Copy Cat??? I've noticed most replies from here want more copy cats... The thing is, in my area, my opponents never really have a big enough hand when I need to use the copy cat but I do admit it's good to shuffle stuff back every once in awhile....

blazekin use pidget.
it will kill.
i know i have played it.Well I've seen some of your posts where you talk about blaze decks all the time but have never seen a list recommendation on a blaze deck from you.

I will most likely use DragTrode at Gym but I honestly want to make my blaze deck better as well. Could you please help me out in a list recommendation for my blazicargo deck??

Also I ran 3 stadiums and no Scott but did fine against BF. Just let them play their BF first and then counter when you can.At first I tried that as well and didn't believe in Scott. After getting BF'd all the time without drawing the stadiums I got beat down just because I was shut down.

Once I put in Scott, it helped a lot. Usually when I get Pidgeot out the first thing I quick search for is a Scott so that if a BF comes out, I'll counter it all that way.

The only thing that would mess me up at that point is a Rocket's Admin.... :mad:

Thanks for your replies so far. I'd really appreciate some help on fixing up my Blazicargo deck though!! Any advice/fixes would be much appreciated. :thumb:

GKOTM
06/08/2005, 08:52 PM
At first I tried that as well and didn't believe in Scott. After getting BF'd all the time without drawing the stadiums I got beat down just because I was shut down.

Once I put in Scott, it helped a lot. Usually when I get Pidgeot out the first thing I quick search for is a Scott so that if a BF comes out, I'll counter it all that way.

Actually I didn't have much choice... no one I knew had any more Scott on them the day of the tournament.

So I Searched out a counter stadium first.

Don't really know how to help out your Blaze, but dropping a Fire and the Meteor Falls lets you add 2 Sparce.

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 09:08 PM
Hmm, yeah Meteor falls does seem kinda pointless. At first it was good if I had a Magcargo out and I did smooth over and then collect but I haven't done that kind of strategy in a LONG time.

Any more suggestions from you guys on how to fix my blaze deck??

ColdFire64
06/08/2005, 09:13 PM
Dragtrode is going to be EVERYWHERE at GCs.

Definitely going to make a deck with at least 2 shards.Hmmm.... Perhaps I should throw in an Ancient Tomb or two.....

louist200
06/09/2005, 09:48 AM
run motres ex if you want also -2 oak's + 2 stwitch

Shiloh Phoenix
06/09/2005, 10:08 AM
That blazicargo is messed up, only 2 basics for 4 stage 2s? woo. Use dragtrode.

Niqu3
06/09/2005, 10:38 AM
lol...u doing the same thing that im doing with having people help u choose what deck for Gym....well all the fixes i got from my thread with the Dark Heart well the Ancient Tomb helps alot since most PKMN that have weakness to Dark are EXs(Dusclop, Gengar) and they still cant get effect because of thems being EXs. Since people think they are going to be a bunch of DragTrode(cause the amount of help for DragTrode) at the Gyms they going to tech 2 Shard or Kill u with Pidgeot or run other deck to like Slaking, Sally EX etc.
So my changes are

-1 Rocket's Hideout
-1 R. Energy

+1 Ancient Tomb
+1 Pokemon Retriever (its helps)

i know its a small change but it one card save your ***

Thanx 4 posting in my deck

Pe{A}ceO{u}T
~Niqu3~

Gatsu
06/09/2005, 01:13 PM
+ 2 Dunsparce
+1 Blaziken (FireStarter)
-1 Blaziken (Emerald, big hitter)
-2 ATM Rock
-2 Wally's Training
+2 Rare Candy

+2 Celio's Network
+2 TV Reporter
+1 Steven's Advice1
-1 Mr. Briney's Compassion
-1 Super Scoop Up
-1 Pokemon Retriever
-1 VS Seeker
-1 Surprise! Time Machine
+1 Battle Frontier
-1 Meteor Falls

ColdFire64
06/09/2005, 03:06 PM
lol...u doing the same thing that im doing with having people help u choose what deck for Gym....well all the fixes i got from my thread with the Dark Heart well the Ancient Tomb helps alot +1 Ancient Tomb
+1 Pokemon Retriever (its helps)

i know its a small change but it one card save your ***

Thanx 4 posting in my deck
~Niqu3~Yeah, well I thought I would give it a shot in hopes of getting some help on fixing my blaze deck as well. I was actually going to put in an ancient tomb in this thing to get ready for chrystal shard and fighting decks. I'll give these changes a shot.

Thanks to those who are replying with some help, but I would still like to see more ideas on fixing my blazicargo deck! :smile:

RaNd0m
06/09/2005, 03:31 PM
With Ludicargo, Zappy, and Rock Locks running around... I think Blaziken is an inferior deck right now. Plus, you're extremely weak to water. Eeshh... I don't want to know what it'd be like to play against Swampert or something.

Dragtrode seems to be making a resurgence. Your deck looks solid, but try to fit a Rocket's Scyther ex in there. It's a nice way to deal with the Dark Tyranitars you'll likely face.

Do you really need Pidgeot? I've seen lots of these run without it. I think you'd be able to fit in a lot more stuff if you took it out.

Solid deck... good luck.

Lord Broly
06/09/2005, 04:02 PM
Don't Use Tombs. the Hideout and Ruins
are so much better. Also I find that 2 Copycat
in any deck works good, but that's just me.

Also I do like the Idea of Shards in the Deck
although in mine I haven't found room.

Jariel
06/09/2005, 04:19 PM
I love Blazicargo it won me the City Championships (i use 2-2 TA Manectric, 2-2 Magcargo, 1 Ray EX) as for fixes

Blazicargo

21 Pokemon:
4 Dunsparce (I know I should run 4, but what do I take out to make room for 2 more?)
2 Torchic (Emerald's Hypnotic Gaze)
2 Torchic (RS)
3 Combusken (RS Double Kick)
3 Blaziken (FireStarter)
2 Blaziken EX
1 Blaziken (Emerald, big hitter)
2 Slugma (Collect)
2 Magcargo (Smooth Over)

23 Trainers:
2 Wally's Training
2 Rare Candy
2 Celio's Network
4 TV Reporter
2 Prof Oak's Research
2 Steven's Advice1
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Switch
1 Warp Point
2 Ancient Tomb
1 High Pressure system
1 Pokemon Retriever

16 Energy:
14 Fire
2 Scramble

a good strategy i learned using magcargo was to 1st smooth over a draw card and by next turn smooth over the needed card and use the draw card (steven's or tv reporter). most player smooth over the needed card and not draw cards which makes thing slower. i suggest scramble because most likely dunsparce will die or if ur opponent kills blaze ex. also super scoop up although it can return ex to ur hand it requires flip so i suggest just use briney's compassion. and using 3 firestarter is better than just 2 because 1 blaziken might go to the prize.

ColdFire64
06/09/2005, 08:47 PM
Cool, I'll give the deck a fix and try it out. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Don't Use Tombs. the Hideout and Ruins
are so much better.Yeah I just figured that out the hard way when I tried running a Rocket's Suicune EX in this thing. I didn't realize up until now that the tombs don't apply to EX pokemon, so in reality it's POINTLESS! That is why I'm currently running 2 Hidouts and 2 Ruins which kills the EX's in no time flat. I may end up running tihs thing with 1 Rocket's Syther EX and 1 Rocket's Sneasel EX and see how it runs.

Thanks again for you replies!