PDA

View Full Version : Is Rare Candy really necessary in Dragtrode?

Turbo Blastoise
06/09/2005, 12:53 PM
I'm just wondering what everybody thinks. Looking at all the decklists on the boards (and believe me there are plenty), I'm seeing people stick in 2x or 3x Rare candies in their decks. Is that really needed since you're already evolving through Dark Dragonair anyways?

Sauron_mx
06/09/2005, 01:30 PM
I'm just wondering what everybody thinks. Looking at all the decklists on the boards (and believe me there are plenty), I'm seeing people stick in 2x or 3x Rare candies in their decks. Is that really needed since you're already evolving through Dark Dragonair anyways?

ok, rare candy , like pokemon breeder in its own time, are use to bring speed to the deck, thats why you saw it on every single deck (well not all, zappy dont need it), cause since rare candy allows you to evolve in the first turn it can be a sure price in the first/second turn..

thats just my opinion

sneaselsrevenge
06/09/2005, 01:42 PM
I think it is necessary in Dragtrode 3x, because getting out a quick Dragonite or Electrode in 1 turn is very good.

But unless you run Boost or DRE, it'll take at least 2 turns to power up anyway

AdamGadir
06/09/2005, 01:49 PM
i would only use it for a quick dark electrode, candy it then navigate the dark, attach, then attack

hinkbert
06/09/2005, 01:53 PM
There are also good since you can Briney and then evolve again after removing all the damage.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/09/2005, 03:57 PM
It's not really necessary in speed dragtrode, rock-lock can't touch it when you run straight dragoniar.

ryanvergel
06/09/2005, 04:11 PM
Not necessary, but good? yes.

Adds speed. Lat game, drop a trode, search for an energy, move it. Drop a trode, evolve, +10 damage to sneasel, search for a dark energy, move it to sneasel, an extra +10, so you could be doing an additional 20 to get the perfect amount to OHKO.

It's not necessary, but it's a good speed card, especially if you run pidgeot.

Cyrus
06/09/2005, 08:21 PM
Candies are always an extremely useful "jolt" in speed, and a sudden drop-candy-stage 1/2 can win you the game sometimes. They are quite useful, but aren't necessary.

Shiloh Phoenix
06/09/2005, 09:14 PM
Good point, Johnny, you have just convinced me to put 3 in my deck, thank you very much.

SuperWooper
06/09/2005, 11:16 PM
an extremely useful "jolt"

THE BEVERAGE? O_O;;

I played just 2 Candy in my Dragtrode at Regionals because there were like four singles I absolutely had (or thought I had) to have for the metagame, and I always found the Candy when I needed it, which was not much. Perhaps it was luck, but I really like the space only 2 Candies gives me, and just 2 is being consistant enough to stop me from throwing in another, because I really need another Lanette.

Nah, you don't need it, though. I'm sure in the "candyless" versus "candy" debate, one of the two IS BETTER, but I really haven't come to a definite conclusion on which it is. For right now, I like Dunsparce and Candy with no Pidgeot in Draggy. A lot of people disagree with me, but I have the need to see which works better for myself.

Stripes
06/09/2005, 11:59 PM
Candy is good turn one dark electrode attack. I personally like candy in my dragonite decks.