PDA

View Full Version : POP Forum Problems?

PokeMeBob
10/31/2005, 04:01 PM
Is anyone else having a problem logging into the POP Professor Forum? I seem to be able to log in, it welcomes me, and I get bounced back to the sign-on screen.

Team Cook
10/31/2005, 04:50 PM
Are you on AOL?

I've been having this problem for the past couple of days, too. I just tried Internet Explorer and I was able to log in without any problems. From my end, it appears that the problem has to do with AOL.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

bullados
10/31/2005, 05:56 PM
If you're using Internet Explorer or AOL, you probably set your security settings too high. On IE, you go to Tools->Internet Options and set your security tab setting to medium or below for it to work. Not sure about AOL, tho.

ColdFire64
10/31/2005, 06:03 PM
As of now I can get in with no problems. Are you by chance clicking on the check mark "Remember Me?" after you input your login info? If you do that, it should keep you logged in without any problem. Give it a try and see if that helps.

RainbowRichards
10/31/2005, 06:05 PM
No problems here...

PokeMeBob
11/01/2005, 05:02 AM
It appears to be a recent problem. Up until a few das ago, I had access through AOL. Now, I can only log in through IE, not AOL, even though none of my internet settings have changed.

Team Cook
11/01/2005, 06:35 AM
It appears to be a recent problem. Up until a few das ago, I had access through AOL. Now, I can only log in through IE, not AOL, even though none of my internet settings have changed.

That's the situation here, too. We have been logging into the forum for a year now using AOL without any problems. It all changed on Friday, and like you, we did not make any changes to any of our internet or security settings.

homeofmew
11/01/2005, 06:40 AM
sometimes aol sets their standards too high
try changing all settings to adult. When I had aol for 6th months in apartment the
second highest before adult wouldn't let me access my own pokemon site.

The Gorn
11/01/2005, 10:04 AM
The problem is Lickitung. He makes the adult filter go off.

PokeMeBob
11/02/2005, 06:42 AM
AOL Solution (at least on my PC) - when registering, check on "Remember ME" before clicking on LOGIN.

homeofmew
11/02/2005, 08:28 PM
this is why I don't like AOL.
The slowst most expensive internet service.
go go Wireless LAN/Cable :)

Team Cook
11/03/2005, 06:35 AM
AOL Solution (at least on my PC) - when registering, check on "Remember ME" before clicking on LOGIN.

Thanks Bob, your solution is my solution as well.

Works like a charm now! Thanks again! :thumb: