PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one bothered by this

BLiZzArD
04/14/2006, 04:35 PM
set of 10 POP 3 Packs on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/POKEMON-POP-SERIES-3-PROMO-BOOSTER-PACKS-X10-ON-HAND_W0QQitemZ6051533607QQcategoryZ2611QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

and it says he/she has 4 of them so that means 40 POP 3 packs

BLiZz

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
04/14/2006, 04:40 PM
Eh, interesting, kind of suspicious. *nodnod* But it's definatly possible that someone could just have gotten more pop packs from different people. ;) HEY IT'S POSSIBLE.

Shellshock929
04/14/2006, 04:40 PM
OK, who is making these deals? Why is it $15 for 10?

It may be a PTO or League Leader.

Burninating_Torchic
04/14/2006, 04:49 PM
Eh, interesting, kind of suspicious. *nodnod* But it's definatly possible that someone could just have gotten more pop packs from different people. ;) HEY IT'S POSSIBLE.

EXTREMELY Improbable, though.
At a regionals, each person gets what, one or two POP Packs. There's only been one regionals weekend so far.
So, this person essentially would have had to ask either 19 or 39 (depending on how many packs per person) other people (that doesn't include themselves, remember) for their Unopened POP Packs.
Yeah, right.
Something's definately up.

BLiZzArD
04/14/2006, 04:59 PM
Ok maybe I'm reading it wrong maybe it's only10 packs but still that's alot as well.

BLiZz

Burninating_Torchic
04/14/2006, 05:01 PM
Ok maybe I'm reading it wrong maybe it's only10 packs but still that's alot as well.

BLiZz

No, its 40 packs.
It's 10 packs per set but they have 4 sets available.
4x10=40.

SD PokeMom
04/14/2006, 05:02 PM
Nope, it's 40 POP packs...4 lots of 10 packs...and the only people who get packs in those quantities are PTOs and LLs..:mad:

Look at their previous auctions via their feedback: this isn't the FIRST time they've sold POPs... http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemWithCategory&item=6041397477 and http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemWithCategory&item=6041397552 :mad:

'mom

Shellshock929
04/14/2006, 05:05 PM
So he/she has to be a PTO/LL.

ryanvergel
04/14/2006, 05:05 PM
Could it be a League Leader trying to make money off of the league for him or herself?

EeveeLover
04/14/2006, 05:10 PM
Bliz: I know at the Mountain Reg. everyone got 2 packs to start, players and staff.

I didn't see anyone not open their packs.

After words the staff got a couple extra, again everyone opened them.

Not sure how it worked at other events, but it does sound odd that someone could get that many packs from ppl. Especially since they are brand new cards. Almost no one will give up free cards the first day they are out.

The seller also has a similar auction for POP2.

I guess someone could buy a set, them send the info to PUI/POP to report.

Weird.

SteveP
04/14/2006, 05:25 PM
The seller is from Nebraska. It could be someone's player rewards too.

I'm curious. I know PTOs have persmission to sell some left-overs from pre-releases and other premier events (ie., deck boxes). Are POP boosters among those leftovers that PTOs can sell in order to recoop some of their expenses?

Burninating_Torchic
04/14/2006, 05:27 PM
The seller is from Nebraska. It could be someone's player rewards too.

I'm curious. I know PTOs have persmission to sell some left-overs from pre-releases and other premier events (ie., deck boxes). Are POP boosters among those leftovers that PTOs can sell in order to recoop some of their expenses?

40 packs player rewards? Unlikely.
And I didn't think player rewards had started yet...

Team Cook
04/14/2006, 05:31 PM
This concerns me (since we just had our Regionals)... I know some players were trying to trade for these packs, but there's no way someone could have ended up with 40 of them..

Yup, the seller is from Nebraska...

BLiZzArD
04/14/2006, 05:41 PM
actually already sold 5 (look at purchases) so that's 90 packs which I find way hard to believe

BLiZz

Team Cook
04/14/2006, 05:50 PM
actually already sold 5 (look at purchases) so that's 90 packs which I find way hard to believe

BLiZz

That's true... Wow~

PUI should contact ebay, and have the auction pulled.

I may be wrong, but unless there is a way that someone can legally own 90 of these by this time, those POP packs don't belong to the seller. Until they are earned by the players (either through player rewards, league or tournaments), I believe they belong to PUI.

the_sniper
04/14/2006, 05:52 PM
Not cool at all imho!

~ john

Absoltrainer
04/14/2006, 06:00 PM
is it possible that it's TO or prof awards i know that some of those guys got tons of the POP 2 set

SD PokeMom
04/14/2006, 06:03 PM
POP3 hasn't been out long enough for people to have received it for prof rewards...

'mom

Metal Master
04/14/2006, 06:08 PM
1 lot of 10 POP3 Packs? That would be possible. But 40+? No way.

:nonono:

Hagrid23
04/14/2006, 06:16 PM
It's quite simple. There's a certain league in Nebraska (there are 2 registered for the same store) that reported 21 players last session. Their league kit would have arrived this week with 95 packs (round up to 30 players x 3 Pop packs each + 5). It definately appears that PUI is being scammed or that some players are being cheated. I'm sure that Mike L and company will be looking into it.

Shiloh Phoenix
04/14/2006, 06:48 PM
That's some pretty bad stuff going on.

Metagross_Ex
04/14/2006, 07:11 PM
People who would atually buy them is more disturbing to me. The cards aren't that great...

But aside from that, I get what you mean about there being a breakout of POP 3 packs. It is weird.

Lawman
04/14/2006, 08:12 PM
What a turd! I hope POP sends the pooper scooper to Nebraska to clean up this mess and yank someone's status. If Pablo got 6 mos in the cooler for asking for 150 bucks, this person IS getting the money and deserves at least that and no more LL/TO status EVER. :nonono:

Keith

David's Confused Pokedad
04/14/2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe its a presale that has a scam to it. But not as bad as the scam that exxon has going on. Oh yeah to the parents that wait in their air conditioned cars while there kids play pokemon. TURN OFF THE ENGINE. YOUR USING UP ALL THE GAS SUPPLY!

Absoltrainer
04/14/2006, 08:42 PM
also somthing weird is the adress it says United states, United states so there is no way to tell where they came from. also it seems people are buying there are only 20 left

Turbo Blastoise
04/14/2006, 08:43 PM
Maybe its a presale that has a scam to it. But not as bad as the scam that exxon has going on. Oh yeah to the parents that wait in their air conditioned cars while there kids play pokemon. TURN OFF THE ENGINE. YOUR USING UP ALL THE GAS SUPPLY!

LOL!!! FYI, it's not just Exxon's fault. Ever heard of OPEC?

homeofmew
04/14/2006, 08:51 PM
edit 90? there is no possible way this is anyway possible.

....unless you went to Regionals and traded LOTS (like 45+ people) of people for these Packs
or going to multiple Regionals and doing the same, and adding their own supply
This however is very unlikely..

The Selling of POP 2 packs in the past makes it also very suspicious. Although I am not sure we can see
how many this guy sold.
This is why as a LL/TO (when I was one) I never sold one POP card/pack on ebay :P, no controversy.

POP 3 Player Rewards are not out Yet
Shipment of Prof Stuff not likely.
um It is quite suspicious.

Absoltrainer
04/14/2006, 08:53 PM

BLiZz

90!!! there must be a scam

sdp
04/14/2006, 10:05 PM
seems like a good idea, maybe i'll do it too...

then every saturday would go something like this:
:

Setting: sdp's Pokemon League

Pokemaniac Kid A: Yes, finally I got 150 points! what is my price?

League Leader: yeah...umm...POP was kind of cheap this month, they sent us....umm...Pokemon the first movie Promo's instead.

Pokemaniac Kid B: aawww :( I wanted some of those brand new POP 3 packs,

League Leader: maybe you should check ebay >_>

Rainbowgym
04/15/2006, 03:03 AM
I will let you know if it's a scam, bought the last 2 sets.

And why should this seller be a LL/LO/TO?
Anybody can have access to those POP packs like anybody can have acces to Boosters BEFORE the release date.

ToysRUsKid
04/15/2006, 03:05 AM
there's people in NEBRASKA?!

yah, this is terrible.. He must have tons of those POP Packs around...

TacC
04/15/2006, 06:20 AM
[CYNICAL SARCASM]

This is impossible because LLs & TOs are not corrupt(able).

[/CYNICAL SARCASM]

meganium45
04/15/2006, 07:42 AM
Oh, and to answer from a PTO perspective....

We are allowed to sell the following items:

Extra Boosters (real boosters - we pay for them, not POP series)

Extra Deckboxes - we pay for them...

We are NOT allowed to sell...

POP packs, badges, event badges, promos or anything of that sort...just NOT allowed.

Those are provided by PUI to enhance our events...not to turn a profit.

Knowing almost all the people from Nebraska... if they are cheating....FRY EM.

M45

the_sniper
04/15/2006, 09:16 AM

yeah, this is terrible.. He must have tons of those POP Packs around...

People in Nebraska !? LOLOL - That's funny :)

Welcome back TRUK :)

As for the topic, if the seller is a LL or a TO- FIRE HIM!

May sound stiff, but those packs were intened for his/her
PLAYERS- not for profit on E-bay!!! If PUI sends a message
this type of behavior wont be tolorated, i bet it
will stop.

~ john

Hummers2187plus3
04/15/2006, 09:31 AM
maybe this person had friends or family that worked for pop or pokemon and they got a bunch of these cards. They could have just passed them along and he sold them. But if he did steal them from players thats WRONG.

ColdFire64
04/15/2006, 02:01 PM
We are NOT allowed to sell...

POP packs, badges, event badges, promos or anything of that sort...just NOT allowed.

Those are provided by PUI to enhance our events...not to turn a profit.Yeah, the same rule applies to a LL like myself. Even though I'm not a PTO, I still have rules to follow as a LL. I assume you are a LL too, but I'm just adding on to this...

Which part of Nebraska is this coming from, anyone know?? I hope they will be repramanded/banned/suspended from PUI...

GO CORNHUSKERS!!! :biggrin:

Lawman
04/15/2006, 02:14 PM
Lia: I am sure you will get the packs bc they will be long gone mailed before POP/PUI gets to the TO/LL that is selling them. This isn't like the Creator packs, where the winners got, what, 50 packs each or something? POP3 packs are given out by POP to PTOs, TOs & LLs to use at events and to earn as prizes in League play. NOT to be sold on Ebay in lots of 10!

To the LL/TO in Nebraska who is selling these, I hope you enjoy the little bit of money you make off these bc WHEN POP finds out, you will be G O N E!!! The sooner the better.

Keith

Rainbowgym
04/15/2006, 05:00 PM
Keith, this is happening for years.

I know were those packs are made for.
For me the only way to obtain those cards/packs is to buy them.
It's the only way to suprise our players with something they normally don't get.

At least 20 of those packs will end up were they belong, PLAYERS.
the only difference is, I have to pay for them i.s.o. getting them for free to give away,

ColdFire64
04/15/2006, 11:43 PM
Why would you have to be paying for POP boosters?? I thought those were sent out to your leagues each season... Well that's how it works here in the USA, and I can't see any valid reason why you guys aren't receiving POP boosters from PUI when you are getting badges and everything else included in the league kits... :confused: =\

Metagross_Ex
04/16/2006, 12:00 AM
On the topic of POP 3 packs, I got one in my player awards today.

Lawman
04/16/2006, 09:31 AM
Why would you have to be paying for POP boosters?? I thought those were sent out to your leagues each season... Well that's how it works here in the USA, and I can't see any valid reason why you guys aren't receiving POP boosters from PUI when you are getting badges and everything else included in the league kits... :confused: =\

Quick flashback for you. Lia's group gave up their TO status due to irregularities in tourney rulings by LD. LD then gets them suspended from POP. Their league continues to meet and play, but outside of POP. Ergo, no OP support and Lia BUYS stuff to GIVE AWAY to their players. IMHO, Lia has great SoTG. She gives alot more than she ever receives! :clap: :clap:

Keith

PokePop
04/16/2006, 07:00 PM
Not to take this off topic, but have you read any of Rainbowgym's threads about what goes on in her country?

In a nutshell, she get's no (read that as zero) support.

Shellshock929
04/16/2006, 07:05 PM
WHO IS THE PTO OF NEBRASKA??? Sorry, I need to know.

UzumakiNaruto
04/16/2006, 07:54 PM
Speaking as a League Leader of the Pokéshack in MI...That's ashame...I mean The kids at my league like the POP Promo's that is till they get all the same cards time after time. =p Then there like not Luvdisk/Bulbasur again. Xb But that person shouldn't be a LL/PTO if he is making a profit on POP3.

PokePop
04/16/2006, 08:33 PM
WHO IS THE PTO OF NEBRASKA??? Sorry, I need to know.
Actually, no you don't.
There is no evidence that the seller is him or her and PUI knows who the PTO is if they need to ask them any questions.
Best not to drag someone's name through the mud if they're not involved.

Adam Garcia
04/16/2006, 08:39 PM
Dude this is just plain crazy.How long of a ban is this?

gwgtrunks
04/16/2006, 09:04 PM
Hey all, I'm the PTO for Nebraska (some of you might remember me as the crazy purple haired guy from Kansas and Iowa States).

I've got an idea who's doing this, and I'm working on getting intouch with them right now. I'm appauled by this, and frankly, they'll be lucky if they get out of this unscathed. And this after hearing some complaints about their LO running out of supplies mid season. What a disgrace.

This coulden't have come from our Leauge in Lincoln... we didn't get our shipment for this leauge season until about 5:30 on Friday, and I'm still waiting on our Holon Phantoms shipment to get here.

PUI, if you'd rather I stay out of this, just LMK.

EeveeLover
04/16/2006, 09:36 PM
For Rainbowgym's situation, that bites. You show alot of dedication to your players to pay for the packs and then give them out to your players for them completing the challenges.

I for one collect I set and then usually give them away to younger players. I would like it, if you need more, to send them over to you as I get a couple dozen packs. LMK.

For the subject of this discussion, they bite. Taking from their players, defruading PUI/POP, and making a profit off free packs. I can see trading and selling the individual cards, but selling 90 packs before they are even legal is flat wrong.

I agree with 'Pop, no names here, let PUI deal with this loser.

Rainbowgym
04/17/2006, 01:44 AM
Our situation, is at it is. I am not able to change it.
I don't see the difference between a seller who has al the rares and multiple sets of commons/uncommons of any new POP serie, in less than 1 week after they are released.

If anybody has POP2 (yes 2) packs left over and is allowed to give them away to us, you are all welcome.
We are finished with the POP1 packs we got from several "sponsors" out of Europe.
If shipping is the problem I can pay for that with paypal.

Also badges (any POP season) are very very welcome, but remember you have to check if you are allowed to give them to us, because I really don't know.

GengarEatsYourFace
04/17/2006, 07:31 AM

yah, this is terrible.. He must have tons of those POP Packs around...

Why yes, yes there are, and I must add, they are quite the awesome fellows.

EeveeWorshiper
04/17/2006, 09:11 AM
thanks lyn! you're awesome! at least we've got one person on our side now...(this is morgan btw)

M_Liesik
04/17/2006, 10:52 AM
PUI is aware of the issue. We have a VERY solid idea of who is responsible and I'll be following up on it today.

Rulemaster
04/17/2006, 11:56 AM
Banned.

meganium45
04/17/2006, 03:19 PM
Man, and I wanted to put my Lord of the Flies Quote here,,,but decided it was a bit to risky, and I like being a mod...

You know the one...

Kill the pig....

Adam Garcia
04/18/2006, 06:43 AM
this guy is going to wish he never did it now

Myn_donos
04/18/2006, 10:07 AM
For Rainbowgym's situation, that bites. You show alot of dedication to your players to pay for the packs and then give them out to your players for them completing the challenges.

I for one collect I set and then usually give them away to younger players. I would like it, if you need more, to send them over to you as I get a couple dozen packs. LMK.

For the subject of this discussion, they bite. Taking from their players, defruading PUI/POP, and making a profit off free packs. I can see trading and selling the individual cards, but selling 90 packs before they are even legal is flat wrong.

I agree with 'Pop, no names here, let PUI deal with this loser.

Hey, if its possible, ill donate the ones i earn, and get them in the mail to you.(ill send with wayne and help with shipping cost) that bites, such dedicated players and you guys don't get anything for it :mad:

to keep on topic.

wonder how the investigation is going... i mean, honestly... only way anyone could have 40 of those.. well, is if your a judge, and traded all the other judges at a regional for theirs(soooo didnt happen, we all opened ours lol.)

PokemonSteve
04/18/2006, 03:13 PM
1 of them packs looked opened anyway.

Shukuen Shinobi
04/19/2006, 08:55 PM
Gah, this is just wrong. The person has to be found, and have their authorization taken away. it is clear in the rules that you can't make money off running tournaments or leagues. Thus, this is absolutly rediculous, and should be stopped.

I hope this person gets what they deserve.

Absoltrainer
04/19/2006, 09:38 PM
he might know that everyone is mad him now that a huge thread is on it... he might be wathching right now...

ColdFire64
04/19/2006, 09:43 PM
The only person this guy would be mad at is himself. So what if he's watching this thread right now, hopefully it will be a good learning experience when he finds out that he will be hanging from his toenails while people are lined up taking turns taking swings at him like a piñata... :lol:

Aphelion246
04/19/2006, 10:06 PM
it could just be that he/she had signed up a bunch of ppl for the op site and gets the ones in the mail.

ColdFire64
04/19/2006, 10:15 PM
Regardless HOW he/she/it/they are getting ahold of these packs, we have strict guidelines to follow from PUI that specifically state that we cannot sell these materials. That is the main issue here.

As a LL, I can tell you that PUI has tried to deal with this "fraud" problem that you mentioned Each season, I have had to continually re-add numerous people who do not have a "My Pokemon" account (but attend league) to my League roster when I report, which is time consuming. Perhaps it is the concept that it is time consuming that would keep most people from reporting players who normally are considered "inactive" or have not attended league in months, even years.

I guess that if this person was a LL, then they would be spending quite a bit of time to input data into the fields when reporting. If they have that much time to waste to try to make a few extra bucks in the long run, then perhaps such fraud can happen but they will be caught eventually. However if this guy is a PTO, then he could easily get these packs from a scheduled PR or Regionals and just not hand ALL of them out and sell the extras. The only time involved is scheduling the event and then putting up the extra items on auction when the event is over, rather than hand out the extra packs in a raffle or something...

Gym Leader Blaine
04/19/2006, 11:31 PM
PUI is aware of the issue. We have a VERY solid idea of who is responsible and I'll be following up on it today.

Umm, I guess this would be a good time not to pick up the phone if PUI is calling. :wink:

CloudLink
04/20/2006, 05:39 AM
Hey, if its possible, ill donate the ones i earn, and get them in the mail to you.(ill send with wayne and help with shipping cost) that bites, such dedicated players and you guys don't get anything for it :mad:

to keep on topic.

wonder how the investigation is going... i mean, honestly... only way anyone could have 40 of those.. well, is if your a judge, and traded all the other judges at a regional for theirs(soooo didnt happen, we all opened ours lol.)

Not to get off topic, but we don't have support here =\

We don't even get tournaments...

It kinda sucks living overseas sometimes...

And about the guy doing the selling... I wonder if he knows that there is no escaping big brother ^_^

Peace...