PDA

View Full Version : Help for City Championship El Segundo (SoCal)

bulbasnore
01/13/2004, 02:01 PM
Hi all you Southern California Pokemon Players,

Want yet another crack at being champion? Are you or someone you know a Prof with tourney judge or organizer experience? I'm getting to this late in the game and need a couple more profs to help (specifically, I need your POP ID as reference for my app -- you can play or if you want to judge, let me know -- I haven't designated anyone yet). Please PM me - I've emailed a few of you, but I'm needing to turn in the app tomorrow, so this posting is my backup.

Sat Mar 20
El Segundo City Library (holds 60) by the LA Airport.

Chrisbo
01/13/2004, 07:04 PM
I've already contacted ya 'snore, and I'm willing to help.

Also, if you live in the SoCal area and have not been to one of Bulbasnore's El Segundo tourneys, please try and come. He's a great host and the facility at the library is top-notch :thumb: .

See ya,
- CHRISBO

bulbasnore
01/13/2004, 08:14 PM
...the facility at the library is top-notch :thumb: .

See ya,
- CHRISBO

Thanks for the kind words -- I feel like it is by far the most comfortable place for competition where I have ever had the pleasure to play or organize a tourney. And everyone is welcome to come by... :D

Well, thanks to Chrisbo, IPGeek21 and TrEkIeV (I'm sure I blew that capitalization) the application is launched. The dates requested are Mar 20 & 27. We'll see!

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the tourney scene is heating up around SoCal again. I hope we'll have at least 6 City Championships south of th 36th parallel. I have cut my teeth in Pokemon League where we had STS champions(plural), so it is not easy to impress me (and I DO miss that league). It is a pleasure to be associated with _all_ our professors in SoCal: they are sponsoring and playing to a high level of competition only exceeded by their level of sportsmanship. No offense to any other region, but these guys and gals make me feel spoiled.

Here's to a great year of massive competition...Cheers!
'snore

Warbuzz
01/14/2004, 12:21 PM
Trekiev, might not make it on March 20th, if so I have emailed you my info.

bulbasnore
01/14/2004, 09:16 PM
Trekiev, might not make it on March 20th, if so I have emailed you my info.

Thanks much for the support. Sheesh, why does Matt want to take his calculus final when he can fill his role as Pokemon Professor instead. But seriously, I'm also pulling for the 27th to avoid possible conflict with San Diego, which might take place on the 20th; we should try to split up all the So Cal events so that people can catch 'em all. Still, I don't know if I can switch the room to the 27th and can' t go check 'til Friday. Going last is cool.

GreatFox
01/15/2004, 04:42 PM
Doh! Don't get the 27th... We were finally able to settle our little location/schedule conflict (pending approval) and the first available date we could get was March 27th. :D