PDA

View Full Version : Dayton, Ohio City Championships

DaytonGymLeader
01/13/2004, 06:18 PM
When: 2/7/04 - Registration starts at 11AM, first round at 12:15.
Where: Books-A-Million #307, 705 Lyons Road, Dayton, Ohio, 45459, Phone 937-291-0307
Entry Fee: $5
Format: Constructed Modified (60 card deck, no more - no less. All cards from Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby/Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragons, and Black Star Promos numbered 001 and up are legal)
Pairings: Age Modified Swiss (yes, there's only 1 tournament, not 1 per age group)
Prizes: All Prizes are per age group-
1st: 1 Box Pokemon e-TCG Product (36 packs)
2nd: 1/2 Box Pokemon e-TCG Product (18 packs)
3/4th: 1/4 Pokemon e-TCG Product (9 packs)
The Winner of each age group will also win a City Championships Medalion and VIP Package when they attend the Ohio State Champinships in April.

Side events: There will be an EX R/S / Sandstorm draft (4 packs R/S, 2 packs Sandstorm) for $15 (8 person minimum, 18 person maximum). Prizes to be determined.

You will need to have a decklist filled out prior to entry. Decklists will be available on site.

If you have a POP ID, please bring it with you. If you do not, we can issue you one on-site.

If you have any questions, either ask here or drop us a line directly at dayton_tcg_leagues@netzero.net.

Feraligatr
01/14/2004, 07:22 AM
DaytonGymLeader do you know if the Black Star promos includes the Best Of promos or not ? Thanks.

Edderz
01/14/2004, 07:44 AM
Black Star Promos numbered 001 and up are legal

This does not include WotC Best Promos. He was talking about Groudon, Kyogre etc and upwards.

DaytonGymLeader
01/14/2004, 02:22 PM
Best Of Game Promos have never been kosher for Modified under Nintendo.

DaytonGymLeader
01/22/2004, 04:30 PM
-umpbay-

DaytonGymLeader
02/02/2004, 05:38 PM
5 days left. Bump.

TheFubuM1zer
02/04/2004, 06:34 PM
The Miza Will Be There To Own The Day ;), BTW ive heard there are now Top8's ....is this right?

DaytonGymLeader
02/04/2004, 06:55 PM
Still mulling it over.

TeHGodlyRaY
02/05/2004, 03:56 AM
Joel, buddy IM i staying the weekend at your house

Anyways any players heading down from the Cleveland area or coming through the cleveland area, i need a ride!!
i will pay towards gas and lunch if your lucky

TheFubuM1zer
02/06/2004, 06:15 PM
Dayton GYM Leader i need a POP ID, and also would u happen to have a Wailord (CCC 50 Of Course) or know any1 that has it....i need to borrow one

DaytonGymLeader
02/06/2004, 06:44 PM
POP IDs are not a problem, we've got a batch of them. I should also have that card as well.

TheFubuM1zer
02/06/2004, 08:10 PM
k gym leader....do u have aim or nething...or know what i look like....MAKE SURE U CAN GET ME THAT CARD TOMMROW!!!!.............if u dont know what i look like post ur email or aim or somethin...and ilel send u a pic

Cooltrainer Aaron
02/06/2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry guys, but Dayton is too far away for me to get to, I only have a choice between Parma and Lebanon. If you registered one in Butler or Monroville PA, then I could have attended. Good luck, hope to see you in states.

DaytonGymLeader
02/06/2004, 11:58 PM
Have faith, oh ye of little. I know exactly who you are.

Unfortunately, we won't be making the trek to Western PA this cycle.

DaytonGymLeader
02/07/2004, 09:33 PM
OK! Had 58 players today! Lots of good stuff to tell you about, but it's gonna wait until tomorrow after I can gather everything.

Congrats to John Wetz (15+), Steven Davis (11-14), and Jacob Davis (10-) for winning their perspective age groups and Steven Davis for winning the whole shebang!

TheFubuM1zer
02/07/2004, 11:27 PM
this was my tourney :'(

YoungJohn06
02/08/2004, 07:28 PM
Okay here's my report on it. :)

Me and my huge group got there about 10:30 am and started to fill out our decklists and register and distribute all the decks I had made for all my friends. :rolleyes: It's not easy making 7 eon decks at once lol. :p First round started around noonish I think. I can't remember the name of the person I played, but I won on I believe it was turn 2 or 3. He got stuck with only a Cacnea and I got up a Blaziken almost immediately which was basically game.

1-0

Second game was about the same, all I saw was an Xatu, which I later found out also played Aggron Ex in it, that game ended turn 3 as well. I got Blaziken out turn 3 and had a Rayquaza on bench turn 2, attached lightning to benched Rayquaza and Firestarted my only energy in discard to Rayquaza and passed. My next turn came and I didn't have an Ampharos or an energy in hand or discard so I couldn't attach or use firestarter, but I realized I had Fisherman and retreated Dunsparce discarding a fire and used Fisherman, attached fire and koed his Xatu for game.

2-0

Game three lasted longest of all the games before lunch... 5 turns I think lol. All I saw were three Torchics and they all died fairly quick.

3-0

Break for lunch - Me and all my friends and Croconaw88 from Pojo went to a resturant called Old Country Buffet, it was kinda fun lol. We all laughed a lot. :rolleyes:

Game four -

This was my hardest match of the day, Gardevoir ex. He was really a very good player and he managed to get 4 prizes off me. The majority of them were Dunsparce I stalled with while I powered up Rayquaza to kill his Gardevoir ex. I managed to pull out the win.

4-0

Game five - I played against another BAR deck, I got a faster start and 2 blazikens and 1 ampharos out very fast. I pulled out the win without much problem, all I lost was a Dunsparce (which I wanted to be koed so I could get my third Blaziken out).

5-0

Game 6 -

I played against one of my friends, Jordan Wilson, he played a deck I made for him, Swampert/Dragonite ex/Magneton. He was undefeated til that round... and I kinda slaughtered him. I played a warp point which really screwed up his set up.

6-0

Game 7 - This was the last game of Swiss rounds, I played against another Blaziken something deck... I don't really know what else was in it besides Delcatty and Magneton, I'm guessing Rayquaza Ex. I won on like turn 4.

7-0

Cut to top 8.

I'm on first overall, and in 15+.

First game of T8 -

I really don't remember what I played against or who... all I remember is I won lol.

Game 2 of T8 -

I played against the same kid I played against for the final round of the Swiss, the game went about the same, I won very quick.

9-0

Last game of the day.

I was playing against another Blaziken/Rayquaza deck. I got such an unlucky start, all I had for a Pokemon was a Torchic... and that's all I got. I lost :mad: but oh well. I still got first in the 15+. Congrats to Steven for taking first overall!

I had a blast, it was a lot of fun! :) Thanks for a great tournament DaytonGymLeader.

nikePK
02/08/2004, 07:53 PM
Congrats John! Thanks for writing up a report, its cool to see what was played there and such. I can't wait for my CC lol.

YoungJohn06
02/08/2004, 08:04 PM
Pokemon(26)
4 Torchic DR
2 Combusken RS
4 Blaziken
3 Rayquaza ex
2 Skitty SS
2 Delcatty(Energy Draw)
4 Dunsparce
2 Mareep DR
1 Flaaffy DR
2 Ampharos (expediton)

Trainers(18)
4 Oak's Research
4 TV Reporter
4 Oracle
3 Rare Candy
1 Town Volunteers
1 Fisherman
1 Warp Point

Energy(16)
12 Fire
4 Lightning

That's the deck list I played. Just thought I'd share if anyone wanted to see it.

BTW Thanx Nike.