PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth, Texas City Championships

Master Professor Birch
01/14/2004, 04:03 PM
:pokeball: :pokeball: Fort Worth City Championships :pokeball: :pokeball:

Hey, Fort Worth, you will be hosting the first "City Championships" in the D/FW area. If you do not get to attend the "Houston City Championships", this is your first chance to challenge for a "City Championship". Any player from any State is welcome to play in our City Championships.

There will be a special "City Championship Medallion" and "VIP Package" at their "State Championship" for the winner of each age group. If this is your first chance, to wear that "City Championship Medallion" and receive that "VIP Package", don't miss the "Fort Worth City Championships". There will only be a few "City Championships" left to play in after this one has finished.

There will be a Limited Number of Players allowed to play in this "City Championship". Only 50 total players will be able to play in the "Fort Worth City Championships" because of the avialable play space at "Y2Komics". That is an average of 17 players per age group. This will probably be the smallest number of players at any of the "City Championships". So, with the number of players being limited to fifty, please pre-register at "Y2Komics". You must have a "Paid Entry Fee" to hold your spot in this tournament. Looking forward to seeing you at the "Fort Worth City Championships"!!!

Details for the "Fort Worth City Championships" are below:

5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133
(817) 263-5888
y2komics@charter.net

Date: February 15, 2004
Time: 1:00pm (Store Opens @ 12:00 noon)

Entry Fee: $10.00
Tournament Space is Limited to the First 50-Players
(Entry Fee Must Be Paid to Hold Player's Spot in Tournament)
(Pre-Register by Signing Up or Calling "Y2Komics"

Prizes: 1st - 8th Place (For Each Age-Group)
(Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, & 15-Over)

Prize Break Down:

1st Place receives a special "City Championship Medallion", a special "VIP Package" at the "State Championships" in April 2004, and one Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (36)

2nd Place receives 1/2 Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (18)

3rd-4th Place receives 1/4 Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (9)

5th-8th Place receives 4 Pokemon-e Booster Packs

Tournament Format: "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck

Decklists are required (available @ store) and Decks will be Checked!!!

"Eon" Modified Format includes cards from the following Pokemon sets: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon, Any New Post-EX Dragon Expansion set, and Promo Cards numbered 001 & higher.

With the exception of basic energy cards and previously printed cards that appear in current sets, players may not use cards from older Pokemon sets. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released.

What To Bring: $10.00 for Entry Fee / Any extra Money for Drinks, etc / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck of 60-Cards / Your POP ID# or if you do not have a POP ID#, we will give you one

Judges: Richard Collinsworth (Head Judge) "PTO / Pokemon Professor"
Paul Stauffer "TO / Pokemon Professor"
Gilbert Valdes, Jr. "Creative Gift Baskets / Professor"

Contact Info: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Cyrus
01/15/2004, 08:00 PM
Hehe, I'll definitely be getting into this one! I'll make sure to call and save my spot. Thanks for the alert, man!

Spectreon
01/16/2004, 07:02 AM
question, we must reserve by phone and pay on tourney date, or come there and pay up front before tuorney date to garuntee spot??? Really want to attend this one, being the closest of the 4 that are within earshot of me....

Master Professor Birch
01/16/2004, 10:19 AM
question, we must reserve by phone and pay on tourney date, or come there and pay up front before tuorney date to garuntee spot??? Really want to attend this one, being the closest of the 4 that are within earshot of me....

:confused: Hey Spectreon :confused:

You must go in the store and pre-register with Craig. Since you are in the Fort Worth area and Craig probably knows you, call Craig and make arrangements with him. You can also, pre-register with me, but I will have to have the entry fee up front. I am in the Plano/Allen area. If you pre-register with me, I will call Craig and give him your information (POP ID# / Paid Entry Fee). I took some flyers to Craig yesterday. He probably will be handing them out tonight at the Pokemon League.

Looking forward to having an exciting "Fort Worth City Championship".

:pokeball: Richard, PTO :pokeball:

Cyrus
01/16/2004, 09:01 PM
Birch, can I pre-register with you at Triple Cards? If so, great!

Master Professor Birch
01/17/2004, 11:09 AM
Birch, can I pre-register with you at Triple Cards? If so, great!

:clap: Update!!!! :clap:

Ok, problem solved!! I have spoke with Mike at "Y2Komics". He says that players can call "Y2Komics" and pre-register over the phone with a "credit card". When you call you will need to give them your Name, POP ID#, Age, and a Credit Card Number to pay with. Let them know that you are pre-registing for the "Pokemon-e TCG: Fort Worth City Championships" on February 15th. Take care and good luck!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
aka: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
PTO: City Championships/Fort Worth & Houston

old man
01/18/2004, 02:44 AM
Question here. My son & I are thinking about comint to play as this will probably be the ONLY one of these I get to play in. Is there a way to reserve a couple of spots for us without using a credit card? I will let you know the closer we get to the date if we're going to come or not. If not you could open them back up for the others.

Master Professor Birch
01/18/2004, 08:39 AM
Question here. My son & I are thinking about comint to play as this will probably be the ONLY one of these I get to play in. Is there a way to reserve a couple of spots for us without using a credit card? I will let you know the closer we get to the date if we're going to come or not. If not you could open them back up for the others.

-Hey old man-

Good to hear from you guys in Oklahoma. I am sorry to say but I cannot hold you a couple of spots without calling and holding your places with a "Credit Card". If I let you do this; then I would have to let everyone do the same thing. Then the 50 player spots that are limited will fill up ASAP. Tournament comes to date and 25 players call and say that they are giving up their spots. I hope that you can understand our situation with having to limit the tournament to 50 players because of the small play area at "Y2Komics". Thank you for understanding.

aka: Richard

Master Professor Birch
01/21/2004, 07:27 AM
:eek: Hey Pokemon Players in the Dallas/ Fort Worth and surrounding areas!!!! PokemonUSA, Inc. has announced that there will be a "Promo Card" given out to all players at the "City Championships". The "City Championships" will be the only place to get one of these cool cards. Call today or go by "Y2Komics" and preregister!!! Do not be left out of the "City Championships" or miss out on this limited "Promo Card"!!! :cool:

If some of you want to play in a "Side Event", please reply on this website or email me with your suggestions. My email address is listed in the above post.

Get those decks ready the count down is on.

:clap: WHO WILL BE CROWNED THE "FORT WORTH CITY CHAMPION"???? :clap:

:thumb: Will it be YOU!!!!! :thumb:

Take care and I will be updating with more details in days to come.

Master Professor Birch
01/24/2004, 07:47 AM
:pokeball: The Official "Battle for Fort Worth" has Begun!!! :pokeball:

Now at the "Fort Worth City Championships", the "Pokemon Leagues" in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or any league that is present will be competing for the "Fort Worth City Championship" ~Pokemon-e TCG~ "League Championship". We will give away a "Plaque" to the Pokemon League that does the best at the "Fort Worth City Championships".

:D Each player must submit to the Tournament Organizer the Pokemon League that they are representing.

The scoring for the Pokemon Leagues will be determined as follows:

Each Age-Group counts. For each Age-Group we will count the points for each League.

1st Place: 15-points
2nd Place: 12-pts.
3rd Place: 9-pts.
4th Place: 6-pts.
5th Place: 4-pts.
6th Place: 3-pts.
7th Place: 2-pts.
8th Place 1-pt.

At the end of the "Fort Worth City Championships", we will add all of the points for each "Pokemon League" and give out the "Plaque" to the winning League. :clap:

Attention all "Pokemon Leagues": get your gym together and take home the bragging rights for 2004 as the "Fort Worth City League Champion"!!! :thumb:

Get those decks fine tuned. The "Battle of Fort Worth" is on!!!

Take care for now and I will add updates as I get them.

aka: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, PTO

Master Professor Birch
01/29/2004, 09:47 AM
:clap: :clap: Hey Dallas/Fort Worth!!! :clap: :clap:

:D There is still "Player Space" available for the "Fort Worth City Championships". There will be plenty of prizes given out at these Championships. Pokemon Leagues have you gotten your team ready to see who is the "BEST LEAGUE" at the "Fort Worth City Championships". Who wants that special "VIP Package" to the "State Championships"??? :thumb:

You need to pre-register to make sure that you will have a spot in the Championships and to reserve that "Special Promo Card" that you can only get at these City Championships".

:eek: Don't miss out on all the FUN at the "Fort Worth City Championships" on February 15, 2004 at 12:00 noon.

Take care.

Master Professor Birch
01/30/2004, 11:56 AM
:clap: "Attention all Dallas/Fort Worth area Pokemon Leagues" :clap:

:confused: The letters that were mailed out on January 27, 2004 about the "Special Plaque" that will be given to the Pokemon League whose players do the best at the "Fort Worth City CHampionships". The date on the letter is February 7, 2004 as the date of the City Championships is WRONG. The CORRECT DATE of the "Fort Worth City Championships" is February 15, 2004. :thumb:

:o I apologize for any confusion that this has created. The date of the "Fort Worth City Championships" has not changed. It again is on February 15, 2004. Thank you for your understanding of my typo. :o

Master Professor Birch
02/02/2004, 09:30 AM
:D ~Hey Pokemon Players~ :D

In an earlier post , I had asked if anyone would be interested in "Side Events". Well, "I'ma Wario" has emailed me and asked for a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament. Pokemon USA, Inc. does not supply prize support for the "GBA" Tournaments any more. If you are interested in playing in a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament, please reply on this thread. I cannot charge for a "GBA" Tournament. If enough players want to play in this tournament, I will supply prize support for this tournament. We will have only one big tournament for the "GBA". :clap:

Thank you for your emails and comments on the "Fort Worth City Championships". Take care and get those decks ready.

Cyrus
02/02/2004, 09:21 PM
Well, I for one would love something that incorporates GBA into the tournament!

By the way, how many 15+ spots left?
~Patriarch

Master Professor Birch
02/09/2004, 08:20 PM
Well, I for one would love something that incorporates GBA into the tournament!

By the way, how many 15+ spots left?
~Patriarch

:clap: Officially, there will be a "GBA-Ruby & Sapphire" Side Event at the "Fort Worth City Championships". The "GBA" tournament is FREE!!! Bring your best pokemon level 50 or lower and get ready to battle with your GBA. Please check the rules for previous "GBA" events in the Pre-releases. We will use the same rules and rulings. There will be one BIG tournament for the "GBA". Master Professor Birch will supply prizes for this event. Get ready and good luck!!! :clap:

:) I will check with Craig at "Y2Komics" on Tuesday to see how much space is left for this City Championship. I have five more players to pre-register on Tuesday. :thumb: Call "Y2Komics" or check this thread tomorrow afternoon. I will post the number of spots that are left in the "Fort Worth City Championships". :thumb: As previously stated, there is only room for 50-players to compete because of the limited space. If you are sure that you want in this tournament, which is the first one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you NEED TO CALL THE STORE AND PRE-REGISTER!!!

Take care and I hope to see most of you at "Y2Komics" on Sunday.

Premier Tournament Organizer for POkemon USA, Inc.

Master Professor Birch
02/10/2004, 09:32 AM
:D ~Players~ :D

Anyone that is coming to the "Fort Worth City Championships" let it be known that you will not be allowed to use "PROXY Cards". :nonono: We had a problem with this in the "Houston City Championships". The players where allowed to change out their decks with real cards or they were given game losses.

During deck checks, if the judges find "Proxy Cards" you will be ask to remove them and replace the cards. During the tournament, if the judges find "Proxy Cards" you will be given a loss for that game and the "Proxys" will be replaced with energy cards.

PLEASE DO NOT come to the "Fort Worth City Championships" with "Proxy Cards" hoping that someone will have the cards you need to replace them.

:thumb: Let's have a good clean tournament and show good sportsmanship. Pokemon was invented to have FUN, also. :thumb:

:clap: Get your decks fine tuned and good luck to all of the players on Sunday. :clap:

evilcaturne666
02/10/2004, 03:40 PM
:D ~Players~ :D

Anyone that is coming to the "Fort Worth City Championships" let it be known that you will not be allowed to use "PROXY Cards". :nonono: We had a problem with this in the "Houston City Championships". The players where allowed to change out their decks with real cards or they were given game losses.

During deck checks, if the judges find "Proxy Cards" you will be ask to remove them and replace the cards. During the tournament, if the judges find "Proxy Cards" you will be given a loss for that game and the "Proxys" will be replaced with energy cards.

PLEASE DO NOT come to the "Fort Worth City Championships" with "Proxy Cards" hoping that someone will have the cards you need to replace them.

:thumb: Let's have a good clean tournament and show good sportsmanship. Pokemon was invented to have FUN, also. :thumb:

:clap: Get your decks fine tuned and good luck to all of the players on Sunday. :clap:

aka: Cahrles (Richard) Collinsworth

i will be there richard
see u then

Master Professor Birch
02/12/2004, 07:13 AM
~Hey Pokemon Players in the Dallas/Fort Worth & Surrounding Areas~

As of Wednesday afternoon, there are still space for 27 players in the "Fort Worth City Championships". So, call "Y2Komics" and pre-register or call no later than 7:00pm on Saturday to see how much player space is still available. If you come on Sunday, get there early to make sure that you can get in. "Y2Komics" will open at 12:00-noon on Sunday. :)

We will have a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" tournament before the "City Championships" begin. We are looking to start the "City Championships" around 1:00-1:30pm. Come out to beautiful Fort Worth and enjoy a day of fun playing Pokemon. I know that there will be some players from the "Houston City Championships" and Oklahoma attending. :D

:thumb: Good luck to all of the players and I know that there are some talented players who will be there. We will be crowning "Fort Worth City Champions" in the three age groups!!! And one lucky Pokemon League will be taking a special plaque to their Pokemon League as the Best League at the "Fort Worth City Championships". :thumb:

I will update this website with the available player space left in this City Championship as it changes. Take care.

MrMeches
02/12/2004, 08:34 PM
I called tonight (2/12) and reserved 4 spots for myself, my son, Poinko and Spectreon and they didnt request a credit card number but had very few spots left!!! Better call soon before they are all gone!! Good Luck to All!!!

Master Professor Birch
02/13/2004, 03:24 PM
:D ~Hey Pokemon Players~ :D

I called "Y2Komics" this afternoon and they said that there are 23 players pre-registered. So, there is plenty of player space available for the tournament on Sunday. Guys and Gals come and strunt your stuff and show us what you got!!! :thumb: The "Fort Worth City Championships" are on the line. I have received more emails from players in Houston. They are a coming to these "City Championships". Be ready Fort Worth you are about to be invaded. Players from Houston and players from Oklahoma are on their way here. :)

:clap: I am support to be in Moore, Oklahoma tomorrow to play in their "City Championships". So, if it does not sleet and snow tonight, I will be away from this thread tomorrow. :nonono: When I get back home if there are any questions, I will ask them late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

Take care and will see you at the "Fort Worth City Championships" on Sunday. Good luck to all of you that will attend this Premier Event.

Cyrus
02/13/2004, 09:16 PM
*snaps fingers* Looks like that Patriarch won't be able to lead a fray into Fort Worth, since it's a 70-mile drive, he hears.

old man
02/14/2004, 12:35 AM
Hopefully it won't snow, sleet or ice too bad because I plan on coming down!

Master Professor Birch
02/14/2004, 06:51 AM
*snaps fingers* Looks like that Patriarch won't be able to lead a fray into Fort Worth, since it's a 70-mile drive, he hears.

:o Hitch a "Ride"~Patriarch. :o

We will be rolling through the Plano/Richardson area about 10:30-11:00am. I know that Mr. Gilbert is following me and his car is full. I have three riding with me in the van and can pick up three that need rides to the "Fort Worth City Championships". If you need a ride to the City Championships tomorrow, reply on this thread and you will have to meet me in Plano or Richardson to hitch a ride to Fort Worth.

:D Those of you that live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area probably know that I am at home today. When I got up this morning to go to Moore, Oklahoma to play in their City Championships there is 3-4 inches of snow in my yard and it is still coming down. So, I will be here today to answer all of your questions. The weather station says that this mess will clear out this evening and should be nice tomorrow. :thumb:

:clap: GAME ON!!! The "Fort Worth City Championships" are full speed ahead!!! I will see all of you at "Y2Komics" tomorrow around 12:00-noon. Take care and please drive carefully if you have to get out today. :eek:

Master Professor Birch
02/14/2004, 12:26 PM
;) ~Hey Pokemon Players~ :cool:

The weather seems to be improving this afternoon in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The roads are wet and it seems that the snow is starting to melt. :thumb:

Pokemon Players in the Plano, Allen, and Richardson areas; I have two more seats available in my van tomorrow morning to go to the "Fort Worth City Championships". Please reply on this thread if you would like a ride. I will get with you tell you what time and location to meet me at tomorrow morning. If a ride is the problem that you can't make the "Fort Worth City Championships", then you don't have a problem now. :nonono:

:clap: Less than 24 hours away and counting until we start the Pokemon Tournament that will crown the three Champions of Fort Worth. And we will give away that special plaque to the Pokemon League that does the best at the City Championships. :clap:

Take care and drive carefully out there.

old man
02/15/2004, 01:19 AM
Glad to hear the weather has broke. Plan on 6 of us from Oklahoma to attend!

Master Professor Birch
02/15/2004, 10:20 PM
:D WOW~ Fort Worth~ :D

I would like to thank everyone that came to the "Fort Worth City Championships". It was a little chaoic at first with trying to register all of the players and registering the players for the "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament. There was 34-players that attended the city championships at "Y2Komics". :clap:

Special thanks to my staff: Nancy L., who separated and listed all of the players into their age groups; Paul S., who ran the "GBA" Tournamnet; Gilbert V. Jr and Sam C. , who help judge. I am deeply indebted to you for the excellent job that ya'll did. THANK YOU!!!! :thumb:

Ok, now on to the winners. "Y2Komics" won the Plaque for the best showing of their Pokemon League in the "Fort Worth City Championships". After all was said and done their League was on top with the most points. "Y2Komics" display that Plaque in the store as the "BEST POKEMON LEAGUE" at the "Fort Worth City Championships"!!! :clap:

The Winners of each age group:

"10-Under": Austin C. - Houston, TX (Solrock/Lunatone/Wobbuffet/Slaking) (6-Total Players)

"11-14": Taylor C. - Wylie, TX (BAR: Blaziken/Ampharos/Rayquaza) (9-Total Players)

"15-Over": Roy R., Jr - Del City, OK (Rayquaza/Ampharos ex/Ampharos/Zigzagoon) (19-Total Players)

:clap: Congradulations to our winners of the "2004 Fort Worth City Championships". :clap:

And last but not least, thank you, Craig for allowing us to hold the "Fort Worth City Championships" at "Y2Komics". We are looking forward to you hosting future Pokemon Premier Tournaments for Fort Worth. :thumb: