PDA

View Full Version : Southern California City Championships

TrEkIeV
01/15/2004, 05:52 PM
Because there are so many different City Championships happening in and around SoCal, i thought i'd list all of them so we could all avoid scheduling conflicts.

[EDIT - Please note, some of the dates listed below have changed. Please see the end of this topic for the most current information available.]

2/07 - Henderson, NV
2/14 - Valentines day
2/21 - Riverside, CA (formerly on the 28th, awaiting approval to trade with Fountain Valley)
2/22 - Bakersfield, CA (sunday)
2/28 - Fountain Valley, CA (formerly on the 21st, awaiting approval to trade with Riverside)
3/06 - Pre-Release
3/13 - San Diego, CA (awaiting acceptance)
3/20 - El Segundo, CA (awaiting acceptance)
3/27 - Los Angeles, CA (formerly on the 6th, awaiting approval to change because of conflict)

Warbuzz
01/15/2004, 06:05 PM
We moved the Los Angeles location closer to our league headquarters, and changed the date to allow for a Pre-Prelease Tournament. I think this will work better for everyone.

Chrisbo
01/15/2004, 08:43 PM
Uh-oh, but I thought that 3/13 was supposed to be reserved for Prerelease weekends also.

Hmm...
- CHRISBO

Scizor
01/15/2004, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, i was just wondering out of all of the Los Angeles area, which City Championship will have best turnout and competition? I'm not entirely sure if i will be able to make it to any in SoCal, but we'll see. Also i was talking with someone about it before, but it almost seems like that VIP package for the 1st place winners could be Bye(s) at the State Championships. Hmm....

TrEkIeV
01/15/2004, 10:33 PM
which City Championship will have best turnout and competition?

so you can avoid it or be part of it?

i think they'll all be about the same ;)

Scizor, where are you from?

Scizor
01/15/2004, 10:55 PM
So i can be apart of it of course :) Always looking for good competiton. And BTW i am from Paso Robles, CA ( you may have heard of it because of that wonderful 6.5 earthquake we had last month =/ BUT if you don't it is near Cal Poly University SLO - San Luis Obispo County - Central California, yeah you get the picture.

GreatFox
01/16/2004, 02:13 PM
Hmm... depends which one is closer to you... we've managed to schdule so many to give people that can't travel too much an option. The Los Angeles one is pretty much centralized so almost anyone can make it to that one and the others kind of spread out from there. But you can almost certantly expect to see the same faces at just about everyone of them. We tend to travel around alot and support each other over here.

bulbasnore
01/16/2004, 07:26 PM
So i can be apart of it of course :) Always looking for good competiton.

You'll be in the right place no matter which event you go to. The players know how to tech the archetypes and play some pretty powerful rogue decks, too. You'll get a good set of matches.

Were I in your shoes, and could stay overnight, I might come down the coast and across to Riverside on the 21st. Then return the next day and play in Bakersfield, going home over the mountains from there.

Anyway, hope to see you!

TrEkIeV
01/22/2004, 07:49 PM
with the new info from www.ptegames.com , here is an updated list of events:

2/07 - Henderson, NV
2/14 - Valentines day
2/21 - Riverside, CA (awaiting approval to trade with Fountain Valley) & Las Vegas, NV
2/28 - Fountain Valley, CA (awaiting approval to trade with Riverside)
3/06 - Pre-Release - Los Angeles, CA & Las Vegas, NV
3/13 - Pre-Release - San Diego, CA
3/20 - El Segundo, CA (awaiting acceptance) & San Diego, CA
3/27 - Los Angeles, CA (formerly on the 6th, awaiting approval to change because of conflict)

bulbasnore
01/23/2004, 05:03 PM
with the new info from www.ptegames.com , here is an updated list of events:

2/07 - Henderson, NV
2/14 - Valentines day
2/21 - Riverside, CA (awaiting approval to trade with Fountain Valley) & Las Vegas, NV
2/28 - Fountain Valley, CA (awaiting approval to trade with Riverside)
3/20 - El Segundo, CA (awaiting acceptance) & San Diego, CA

Looks like the one in SD is approved for Mar 20th. Still waiting on word for El Segundo (near L.A. Int'l Airport) on Mar 20th -- the two venues are 120 mi apart, so should be little conflict.

TrEkIeV
01/28/2004, 06:57 PM
Los Angeles has offically moved to All Star Games in Diamond Bar, CA and will be on the 27th. Here is an updated list of the events.

2/07 - Henderson, NV
2/14 - Valentines day
2/21 - Riverside, CA & Las Vegas, NV
2/28 - Fountain Valley, CA
3/20 - San Diego, CA
3/27 - Diamond Bar, CA

GreatFox
01/28/2004, 07:17 PM
Los Angeles has offically moved to All Star Games in Diamond Bar, CA and will be on the 27th....

3/27 - Diamond Bar, CA

And you have no idea how annoying it was to find a place. We kept getting the run around, rejected at the last moment, or over charged. All Star Games was the best place we could find that wasn't going to change thier mind on us or charge us an arm and leg. Weeeee!

I'm setting up our info page for the tournament as we speak. Check out The Pokémon Labs (http://www.pokemonlabs.com/) for our official Tournament info Page!