PDA

View Full Version : More city Championship Information

mysterioustrainer
01/17/2004, 08:36 AM
From http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/city_championships_faq.asp (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/city_championships_faq.asp)

When:
City Championships will take place during February and March of 2004.Entry Fees:
Contact your local tournament organizer for entry fee information.Structure:
The Structure of the Pokémon-e TCG City Championships is age modified Swiss.
Side events may also be run throughout the length of the tournament. Contact your local organizer for more information regarding side events.Format:
The format for each Pokémon City Championship is POP-sanctioned Modified Constructed deck format.
Click here to review the Pokémon Organized Play Floor Rules (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon%20Organized%20Play%20Floor%20Rules.pdf).Pr izes:
Prizes are awarded to each of the three recognized POP age categories, 10 and under, 11-14 and 15+.
Prizes include EX Dragon booster packs and City Champion award Medals.
Each winner will receive a VIP package of exclusive merchandise when they register at their local State Championship in April.
City Champions receive a first round bye at their local State Championships.
The City Championships are not a World Championships qualifier event.
All winners will be listed on the Pokémon-tcg website (Parent or guardian permission is required, where applicable.)
Registration Info:
Players who require additional information regarding a specific event or location should contact the tournament organizer at the phone number listed.
Players who have general questions about Pokémon Organized Play programs such as, Leagues, Tournaments or Premier events should contact POP, at organizedplay@pokemon-tcg.com.
You can also find offical listlings of the locations on that page. Note that this page is not linked to the rest of Pokemon Organized Play's website. However all City Championships have been automatically sanctioned for they are listed in the tournament locator already.

TheDeuce
01/17/2004, 04:29 PM
City Champions receive a first round bye at their local State Championships.

booooo!

I'm not sure if I like that one as much. I'm not sure how POP's tournament software works, but if it's anything like DCI's wouldn't a bye screw up your tiebreaker?

SteveP
01/17/2004, 10:57 PM
At the Colorado Springs CC, we want to run the age groups separately instead of age-modified. That way, we can run a full set of rounds (we can't usually get past 5-6 rounds in our normal alloted time limit). Plus, there's no chance of the better 10-under players finishing lower than lesser 10-under players because of having to play against older players. Is anyone else out their planning to do this?

mysterioustrainer
01/17/2004, 11:01 PM
At the Colorado Springs CC, we want to run the age groups separately instead of age-modified. That way, we can run a full set of rounds (we can't usually get past 5-6 rounds in our normal alloted time limit). Plus, there's no chance of the better 10-under players finishing lower than lesser 10-under players because of having to play against older players. Is anyone else out their planning to do this?
Yeah Steve, I was planning on running the age-groups seperatly to make it more fair especially since I am most likely to reap a big attendance.

old man
01/18/2004, 02:47 AM
Does it take a special dispensation from PUSA to be allowed to run the CC in 3 groups? I had thought it was supposed to be all in 1 big group. If turnout is high enough I may do the same, although we are lacking in the -10 age group.

SteveP
01/18/2004, 03:26 AM
oldman, we separated the age groups at the Dragon Pre-release. I doubt that my PTO got pre-approval, if indeed it was needed. As you might already know, you can enter the 3-age-group results as one tournament in the online reporting system (when it worked).

We had 8+ players in each age group at the Dragon Pre-release. We're planning the same for EX TA&TM Pre-release. So, do you think we need pre-approval? I'd hope not since it really doesn't matter as far as the online reporting system goes.

old man
01/18/2004, 03:59 AM
I don't really know if pre-approval is needed. Maybe something like this should be found out soon!