PDA

View Full Version : The Oklahoma City Championships

Master Professor Birch
01/23/2004, 04:34 AM
:pokeball: Oklahoma City ~Pokemon-e TCG~ City Championships :pokeball:

:clap: Attention all Pokemon players from Oklahoma, Texas, and surrounding States!!! This is it!!! This is your LAST CHANCE to win a "City Championship". Players from any State are welcome to play in our "City Championships". If a player from another State wins their age-group, they will receive a "VIP Package" to their "State Championships". Do not miss out on receiving the winner's "City Championship Medallion", "VIP Package" to the "State Championships" in April, and bragging rights for the "Oklahoma City" for the next year as its BEST PLAYER in your age-group!!! :thumb:

:) Next month, the "State Championships" will be played out. By winning a "City Championship", you will receive a bye in the first rounds of competition. You will pick up your "VIP Package" at the "State Championships". And you will be the Pride of Oklahoma City". :cool:

;) So, Texas come on up. Kansas come on down. Arkansas and Missouri come on over. THIS IS IT, THE LAST CHANCE FOR YOUR "CITY CHAMPIONSHIP"!!! Don't miss out on the FUN. :D

Details for the "Oklahoma City ~Pokemon-e TCG~ City Championships" are below:

1620 SW 89th Street, Suite J
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73159
(405) 691-0509
ghqokc@aol.com
Ron Talmatary, Owner

Date: March 27, 2004
Time: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $10.00
(Pre-register by Signing Up or Calling "Game Headquarters")

Prizes: 1st - 8th Place (For Each Age-Group)
(Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, & 15-Over)

Prize Break Down:

1st Place receives a special "City Championship Medallion", a special "VIP Package" at the "State Championships" in April 2004, and one Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (36)

2nd Place receives 1/2 Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (18)

3rd-4th Place receives 1/4 Display of Pokemon-e Booster Packs (9)

5th-8th Place receives 4 Pokemon-e Booster Packs

Tournament Format: "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck

Decklists are required (available @ store) and Decks will be Checked!!!

"Eon" Modified Format includes cards from the following Pokemon sets: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon, Any New Post-EX Dragon Expansion set, and Promo Cards numbered 001 & higher

With the exception of basic energy cards and previously printed cards that appear in current sets, players may not use cards from older Pokemon sets. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released.

What To Bring: $10.00 for Entry Fee / Any extra Money for Drinks, etc / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck of 60-Cards / Your POP ID# or if you do not have a POP ID#, we will give you one

Judges: Roy Roberson (Head Judge) "4th Street Boutique, Pokemon Professor & TO"
Ryan Davis "4th Street Boutique/Pokemon Professor"
Charles (Richard) Collinsworth "Pokemon Professor & PTO for Pokemon USA, Inc."

Contact Info: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Master Professor Birch
01/23/2004, 04:49 AM
:confused: --Attention--There are two posting for "Oklahoma City Championships" :confused:

:nonono:The "Oklahoma City Pokemon-e TCG Championships" are not to be confused with the "City Championships" in Moore, Oklahoma at "4th Street Boutique" on February 14, 2004. that tournament is actually the "Moore City Championships". The Tournament Organizer for it is Roy Roberson (old man). He is a Tournament organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc. and a very good friend of mine. :thumb:

:clap: So Oklahoma, you now have two "City Championships" for your State. Enjoy!!! :clap:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
aka: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, PTO

old man
01/23/2004, 07:48 AM
The "Oklahoma City Pokemon-e TCG Championships" are to be confused with the "City Championships

Looks like you got "confused". :)
I'll change the other one to reflect Moore so there may not be vonfusion. But first I'll retreat!

Master Professor Birch
01/23/2004, 08:41 AM
The "Oklahoma City Pokemon-e TCG Championships" are to be confused with the "City Championships

Looks like you got "confused". :)
I'll change the other one to reflect Moore so there may not be vonfusion. But first I'll retreat!

Thanks, "old man" I have changed the information in the title to reflect "City Championships". Take care.

old man
01/23/2004, 09:12 AM
:confused: --Attention--There are two posting for "Oklahoma City Championships" :confused:

:nonono:The "Oklahoma City Pokemon-e TCG Championships" are to be confused with the "City Championships" in Moore, Oklahoma at "4th Street Boutique" on February 14, 2004. that tournament is actually the "Moore City Championships". The Tournament Organizer for it is Roy Roberson (old man). He is a Tournament organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc. and a very good friend of mine. :thumb:

:clap: So Oklahoma, you now have two "City Championships" for your State. Enjoy!!! :clap:

aka: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, PTO

Looks like you don't get to retreat since you're still confused. I think you mean the 2 are NOT to be confused.

Who knows, we may be the only ones who are getting confused on this

Master Professor Birch
01/23/2004, 09:36 AM
I am confused and tired. Been up since 4:30am trying to figure this stuff out. I got it straight now.

Master Professor Birch
02/20/2004, 06:35 PM
:pokeball: :pokeball: ~Attention Oklahoma Pokemon Players~ :pokeball: :pokeball:

You guys had a great turn out for the "Moore City Championships" last Saturday. Old Man (Roy) put on one awesome tournament. :clap: Three City Champions were crowwned in Moore,Oklahoma. :thumb:

;) Well, Master Professor Birch has not forgotten about you. Oklahoma will have a second chance at your city Championships in Oklahoma City. March 27, 2004 at "Game Headquarters". Oklahoma City will be your last chance to win a City Championship. Last chance to win that "VIP Package" to your State Championships. And by the way, the last chance for anyone from Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, or Arkansas to win that last City Championship that is up for grabs. :D

So, Pokemon players, you have plenty of time between now and March 27th to get those decks ready. This is the LAST CITY CHAMPIONSHIP in this area and the last time to tune up those decks before the State Championships in April 2004.

Take care and GOOD LUCK.

old man
02/21/2004, 01:13 AM
Just a reminder here since this event will be held after the release of Team Aqua/Magma.
The Team Aqua/Magma cards ARE NOT allowed in the main tournament.

But what about any side events?

Spectreon
02/21/2004, 07:09 AM
Hope I can come up for round two... Though i doubt Poinko can, stupid YGO tours.... what a lousy way to earn money, lol.... Will try my best, watch out OK!!!!

Yeah, and what about side events??? I am already one of the best GBA tourney players around here (not bragging, have a 12-0 record, and 3 1st place victories to back it up), why not try my luck there too.....

Master Professor Birch
02/21/2004, 07:40 AM
Just a reminder here since this event will be held after the release of Team Aqua/Magma.
The Team Aqua/Magma cards ARE NOT allowed in the main tournament.

But what about any side events?

~Old Man~

I would say, "YES". :thumb: The new cards from "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" will be legal according to the Rule Books. But again, you WILL NOT be able to use them in the "City Championships". This is a rulings from Nintendo/Pokemon USA, Inc. :nonono:

If more of you "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" players want a Tournament, so be it. Just reply on this thread and let me know if you want a "GBA" side event. If any of you want an "Unlimited Constructed" Tournament, please reply on this thread ,also. I don't know if it would be wise to hold an "EON-Modified Constructed" Tournament. I guess we could since the players could use the new cards.

Ok, keep the suggestions coming for "Side Events". If enough want to have them, then we will have the "Side Events" that you want. :clap:

Take care and I will see you at the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament on March 13, 2004 at "THE GAME" in Midwest City. :)

Master Professor Birch
03/15/2004, 09:18 AM
~~Oklahoma, I'm Back~~

Master Professor Birch will be back in your State in less than two weeks. And this will be the LAST "City Championships" in this area of the USA. This is the LAST~LAST CHANCE to win one of those "City Championship Medallions" and that special "Vip Package" to the "State Championships".

We will have a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament before the "City Championships". If enough players want to have an "EON-Modified Constructed Deck" tournament with the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards legal, we can run that tournament after the "City Championships".

Please read the other posts on this thread for all of the details. And again, the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series of cards are NOT legal for the "City Championships".

I will post more news on this event later.

old man
03/22/2004, 07:16 AM
Looks like it's time for me to build another new deck for the "after main event" side tournament. Nothing I've built lately has done me any good at all. Guess I'll have to try something different.

Any players besides Spectreon coming to this from out of town?

If anyone needs directions just let me know & I'll tell you how to get there.

The doors open at 11am, so be ready to fill out a decklist & have it checked.
We'll start the main event as soon as we can.
Then I'll be ready to see how many more points I can lose :)

mewsmom
03/22/2004, 07:21 AM
Count us 4 in. Clay and his brother are going as well.

Here ya on the new deck thing. Ugh mine just didn't want to do it's job Saturday.

So is location and everything else still the same?

Cya all Saturday & hopefully I won't be at the back of the room again!!
;)

old man
03/22/2004, 07:56 AM
So is location and everything else still the same?

Cya all Saturday & hopefully I won't be at the back of the room again!!
;)

Remember that I was there with you! And thanks again for helping find my son's wayward contact.

The location is as listed above.
Game Headquarters located at SW 89th & Pennsylvania Ave.
It's in a strip mall in the shape of an L, and the shop is at the bend in the L.

Spectreon
03/22/2004, 08:31 AM
Oh man one shot left... and gotta battle the OK players to get it... This'll be fun...

Be warned OK, my perfect 5-0 GBA tourney record here in the DFW metro plex will be on the line up there as well....

~Blazi-King~
03/22/2004, 08:40 AM
Yea we'll be there barring any unforseen complications...hehe...anywat im interested in a GBA tourny got some new pokes i want to test against spec :)....anyways see ya soon

Master Professor Birch
03/22/2004, 03:32 PM
~~~OK, Oklahoma, Get Ready For The Last Round-Up~~~

THIS IS IT!!! This will be the very last "City Championship" in our neck of the woods. :eek: Already, I see that at least eight players from Texas are on their way up north to try to conquer Oklahoma. I am sure that there will be more on their way up as well.

The "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament outside of Oklahoma City on the 13th of March had a huge crowd. I know that the players in the great State of Oklahoma will show their best side to all of their Texas friends that come up to play. Until the first "Swiss Round" starts!!!! As I remember in the "Moore City Championships", all three "City Championship Medallions" are hanging around players' necks from OKLAHOMA.

We would like to welcome the Pokemon players from Arkansas and Kansas as well. At the "Dallas City Championships", we had players from Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Colorado attending. Come one come all!!! :clap:

We have the "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament starting at 11:30am. Please be here at 11:00am to register for the "GBA" as we will start at 11:30am-SHARP. Will anyone. please anyone step up and make a real challenge to "Spectreon" in this tournament ??? :confused: By the way, it is FREE!!! :clap: We will be giving away as prizes in this tournament "EX Dragon" Booster Packs to 1st Place -4th Place and prizes to the Top player in each age group that is not represented in the Top-4.

We will start the "City Championships" as soon as the "GBA" Tournament is over and their prizes are given out. Registration will start at 11:00am for the "City Championships". This tournament will be a preview to the "Oklahoma State Championships" on April 24th. There will be a large number of players here that will be at the "State Championships". Come and check out the competition!!! :nonono:

And yes, you will have to fill out a "Decklist". We will run "Swiss Rounds". The number of rounds will be determined by the attendance. We will cut to the Top-25% of each age group for the "Single Elimination~Rounds". After, the Top/Single Elimination Rounds are over, we will crown the three "City Champions of Oklahoma City". :thumb:

We are holding a "Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament after the "City Championships" if time permits. The new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series of cards will be legal in this tournament only. The "Entry Fee" will be $5.00 per player and the prizes will be the Booster packs from the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series.

Again, the new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" series of cards ARE NOT LEGAL in the "City Championships". This ruling has come from Pokemon USA, Inc.

So, here is the "Oklahoma City ~ City Championships" schedule:

11:00am-Store Opens / Registration begins for "City Championships" & "GBA" Tournaments

11:30am- "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament Starts

ASAP After "GBA"- "City Championships" Tournament Starts

After~"City Championships"- "Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament Starts

Plan on being at "Game Headquarters" all day for Pokemon fun. :D

I think that I have covered everything. But, if you have any questions, please ask on this PokeGym thread or email me or call me. Below is my email address and phone number:

Email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
Phone: (972) 442-5545

If I think of anything else I will post ASAP. I hope to see you all at the LAST CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS. :cool:

Take care as always,

Cyrus
03/22/2004, 03:52 PM
Hehe, I know that those 8 players are prepping to conquer OK, but I have a feeling that the people from the homeland will win in the end...gotta kick those invaders out, y0! =P

btw, I am NOT going up, 'cause two CC's are enough for me ^^"". Just make sure to post the winning decks in Mudkip's topic! Best of luck to the Lynches, Ricky, George, Clay, Taylor (??? maybe?), and yes...Pihl too XP

You guys, make your state proud!

Spectreon
03/23/2004, 06:55 AM
As I remember in the "Moore City Championships", all three "City Championship Medallions" are hanging around players' necks from OKLAHOMA.
As I recall, that was not by much, Dana and I took 2nd and 3rd respectively in 15+, dont know about the other groups though... The competition was just as feirce up there as it is down here, it will be loads of fun though, win or lose, well worth the trip!!!

Best of luck to the Lynches, Ricky, George, Clay, and Taylor (??? maybe?)! Make your state proud!
Hey Johnny, where is Poinko's/Phil's love.... =( ? Wish you could come up and really see some good OKie competition.. just gotta get past that dice rolling irregularity... ?!?!?

old man
03/23/2004, 07:24 AM
Oklahoma players ------ Be prepared for the Texans!!!
They are a tough crowd, but we do have the homefield advantage :)

Still thinking of what to play in the after main event tournament. Gotta be something to beat the Blazikens!

Spectreon
03/23/2004, 07:53 AM
ummm, there is always the Wabu/Shed deck....

~Blazi-King~
03/23/2004, 01:38 PM
Remember the Alamo ya'll texans.......hahahahaha....homefield advantage dont mean much.....jus look at the Sacramento Kings against the Dallas Mavericks in last years playoffs Dallas won without homefield so i think the playing field is neutral haha....anyways good luck to all ( especially myself ) :)

Cyrus
03/23/2004, 03:00 PM
Re Old Man: Yeargh! Almost makes me want to go down there and run Alakatech just for the heck of it...see how I'd do, ya know? >_<

And btw, I thought you said that Phil was off YGO-ing, Ricky!

BANGINBOX
03/24/2004, 01:58 PM
Hey all,

The Tex-a-cago connection will be there. anyone interested in a ride from the arlington/dallas/ft. woth area please get in contact with me via email. I have a mini-van if needed.

No fossils this time I swear! ;)

jimmy

Master Professor Birch
03/24/2004, 07:22 PM
Hey all,

The Tex-a-cago connection will be there. anyone interested in a ride from the arlington/dallas/ft. woth area please get in contact with me via email. I have a mini-van if needed.

No fossils this time I swear! ;)

jimmy

~BANGINBOX~

Thanks, BANGINBOX for the offer to use your mini-van for rides up to Oklahoma City. :clap: OK, D/FW here is your free ride to the LAST of the "City Championships" in our area of the USA. I am taking Mrs. Master Professor Birch's mini-van also. But, I am already full to the rim. Let take all of "Team Texas" that we can get into our cars, vans ,and pick-up trucks. Let's invade the "Sooner Nation" as never before. Viva, "Team Texas"!!!!! :thumb:

Look out, Oklahoma, here comes "Team Texas".

Wait, Master Professor Birch can't say that. :confused: He has to be impartial. Aaahhhh, good luck to all that attend the "Oklahoma City~City Championships". :thumb:

Master Professor Birch
03/24/2004, 07:30 PM
Are there any players from the Houston area that are going to attend the "Oklahoma City~City Championships" ????? If you are going to the OKC~City Championships from the Houston area, please email or "Private Message" Master Professor Birch. There is a player that needs a ride from your area. Many thanks from the "Team Texas" Pokemon Family. :D

Master Professor Birch
03/25/2004, 11:33 AM
~~Master Professor Birch Will Be at The "OKC City Championships~~

Master Professor Birch will be in attendance on Saturday, March 27, 2004 at the "Oklahoma City ~City Championships". MP Birch will be signing any "Professor Birch" cards that you might want autographed. This was a very big hit at the "Dallas City Championships". Dig out those "Professor Birch" cards and bring them with you on Saturday. ;)

So, far I think that I have heard from about 14-15 plaayers that will be making the trip up to OKC on Saturday. Oklahoma Pokemon Players get ready to defend your territory.

Later,

poinko
03/25/2004, 06:14 PM
Oooh... *digs out some reverse holo Prof. Birch*

Get that felt-tip pen ready, Professor! :D

Master Professor Birch
03/26/2004, 02:56 PM
~~Attention Hitch Hikers~~

Master Professor Birch has had two people drop out from his group of "Hitch Hikers" needing a ride to the "OKC~City Championships". If you need a ride from the Wylie/Plano area, you will need to call or email me ASAP. We will be getting back early on Sunday morning. :o

"BANGINBOX" and his son, "JAMINBOX" have offered rides also from the Dallas/Arlington/Fort Worth area as well. Please get in touch with Jimmy if you need a ride from that area. :thumb:

Drive carefully and safely tomorrow. :)

ShinAkuma
03/28/2004, 05:39 PM
to bad i didn't get to go. How was the tournament ?

Master Professor Birch
03/28/2004, 05:56 PM
~~Thank You for Attending the "Oklahoma City ~City Championships"~~

Thank you to all of the Pokemon players that attended the "Oklahoma City~City Championships". Take a bow and give yourselves a BIG hand!!! :clap: I would like to thank Ron and his staff at "Game Headquarters" for hosting this event. :thumb:

Congradulations to our Champions:

Age Group: "10-Under"............Dale L. (Texas)

Age Group: "11-14"..................Taylor D. (Oklahoma)

Age Group: "15-Over"...............Brad A. (Oklahoma)

Dale L. in the "10-Under" age group becomes a three time City Championship winner. Taylor D. and Brad A. won their first City Championship each. :D

No one went undefeated in the "City Championships" As all of these matches were played at a high level of tense action.

Ricky M. (Texas) won his sixth "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" tournament and remains undefeated in the "GBA" tournament over the past two months of Premier Events in Texas and Oklahoma. He did not win this "GBA" tournament without an action packed match in the quarter-finals. Newcomer to the "GBA" tournaments, Taylor C. (Texas) took Ricky ten minutes into "Sudden Death Overtime" with a huge crowd of people gathered around until Ricky finally taking that match. :eek: This had to be the BEST match of the "GBA" tournaments that have been held in our area of the country. Ricky really had to sweat this match out!!! Congradulations, Spectreon on your current win streak. :rolleyes:

In the "Modified Constructed Deck" tournament, Taylor C. (Texas) won this tournament that the players were allowed to use the new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards in their decks. Again, no players went undefeated in this tournament. And this tournament was just as heated as the other two that had finished already. It was fresh to see the different decks ideas that players had put together with the new cards. Could this have been a preview of what to expect in the "State Championships"??? Time will only tell....... ;)

ShinAkuma
03/28/2004, 06:07 PM
what decks did everyone play with in the main event and the side event ? :D

old man
03/29/2004, 06:51 AM
Blaziken variants & Gardevoir varients were the most popular & there was an Ampharos Ex variant in the top of the 11-14 as well.

ShinAkuma
03/29/2004, 09:38 AM
were the people who got first in each age division playing blaziken ? or something else ? just wondering.... :D

Master Professor Birch
03/31/2004, 07:31 AM
were the people who got first in each age division playing blaziken ? or something else ? just wondering.... :D

~ShinAkuma~

Age Group: "10-Under"............(Ampharos ex / Zangoose)

Age Group: "11-14"..................(Gavdevoir / Gardevoir ex / Wobbuffet)

Age Group: "15-Over"...............(Blaziken / Rayquaza / Magneton)

These are the main Pokemon that were in the winning decks per age group.

Master Professor Birch

Spectreon
03/31/2004, 05:22 PM
and the GBA team was

Snorlax, Latios, Dusclops......

just some FYI....

ShinAkuma
03/31/2004, 07:29 PM
yeah that's kool about the gba's i guess. i don't really care about it though. The gba tourney is not as important as the decks that were played, n ot to me anyways . No one really cares that much about the GBA tourney like they do any major tournament like the cc's or states .... :D

Cyrus
03/31/2004, 07:48 PM
That's the thing! Both previews of Oklahoma and Texas turned out with no player going undefeated...certainly a misty future, in my opinion! Ah, but States will be fun and exciting, no doubt! Good luck to OK'ers defending their state, 'cause we're gonna defend ours from you! ;)

~Blazi-King~
04/05/2004, 10:12 AM
Darn Tootin'............hahaha