PDA

View Full Version : ~Dallas, Texas~City Championships~

Master Professor Birch
02/05/2004, 03:59 PM
~~ATTENTION~ATTENTION~ATTENTION~~

The Venue Has Moved for This Event........Please Read Below For Details!!!!!!

Disregard the text of this post. The new Venue is listed in a separate post in this thread.

:clap: Attention: "Dallas/Fort Worth Pokemon-e TCG Players" :clap:

:pokeball: :pokeball: "Dallas~Pokemon-e TCG~City Championships" :pokeball: :pokeball:
(Presented By: Pokemon USA, Inc.)

2040 Valley View Center
(Northwest Corner Of "LBJ", Hwy.635 & Preston Road)
Dallas, Texas 75240

Date: March 20, 2004

Time:
Registration Starts: 10:00am
Tournament Starts: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes: 1st - 16th Place (For Each Age Group)
(Age-Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, and 15-Over)

Contact Info: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
Phone: (972) 442-5545

*Note: More Information Will Be Added in the Coming Weeks.

BANGINBOX
02/18/2004, 07:37 PM
Hello,

My son and I will be moving to the arlington area on march 5th. We will not know the area very well, but I think that we WILL make this tourney. We are from the chicagoland area and have played the game for some time. We will be looking to make some long lasting connections in this area for pokemon. It is a big part of our lives.

I have read the tourney reports from the area. Everyone seemed to be shocked when they saw a rouge deck. Well, unfortunatly thats all we play. I dont like to run decks that have been seen before. ESPECIALLY archetypes. I really enjoy building a new deck and watch it do well in a tourney.

anyhow, count us 2 in!

jimmy ;)

ShinAkuma
02/18/2004, 07:50 PM
I'll be there ready to play ! hopefully with a freind that I used to play with a couple of years ago .

Cyrus
02/18/2004, 11:16 PM
Well, this certainly makes up for missing the Fort Worth CC...Mis padres have less of a problem with me going down to Dallas, so that's a plus for me!

BANGINBOX
02/23/2004, 07:36 PM
Is this tourney still on the agenda? There doesnt seem to be nearly as much interest in this tourney as there was in the, Houston, Sugarland, or Plano tourneys. I am hoping for a strong turnout. I NEED to keep this pokeball rolling until Origins.

Could I pre-register for this one?

I will post any other questions I may have here in the future.

peace out,
jimmy

Master Professor Birch
02/23/2004, 08:32 PM
:D ~Banginbox~ :D

Thanks for your interest in the "Dallas City Championships". We will be making some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS about this tournament within a few days. We are looking for this to be the LARGEST ATTENDANCE of the City Championships in the the State of Texas!!!!! :thumb:

You do not have to pre-register for this "City Championships". We have player space and if we have to we will add more player space. If you want to play, you will play at this "City Championships".

We have already increased the prizes to the Top-16 in each age group that will be at this tournament. As you know, Nintendo/Pokemon USA, Inc. only gives the TOs prize support for the Top -4 of each age group. We, the TOs have put up the rest of the prize support for this tournament. Because we the want the best of the best players here for this tournament. :eek:

So, stay tuned-in to this "Thread" on the "PokeGym" website. It can only get BIGGER & BETTER from here until March 20, 2004 when the Battle for Dallas (BIG-D) begins. :clap:

:nonono: If you can only attend one "City Championship" this year or if you want to experience what "BIG TIME-HIGH PRESSURE POKEMON-e TCG" is all about you need to be here. This is where all of the players that want the "State Championships" will be to scope out their competition!!! If you think that you are GOOOOOD or the BEST, this is the tournament to lay it all out on the line and hold nothing back!!!! :nonono:

Later~ Bigger~Better.....POKEMON

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

ShinAkuma
02/23/2004, 08:46 PM
where are we going to be playing at ? in the food court or at that game store that is upstairs ? the last tournament i went to at valley view mall was my first tournament ever and that was the first super trainer showdown at valley view . I was a begginer then and team rocket set had just come out :) see ya there and everywhere else....

mewsmom
02/24/2004, 06:12 AM
Hello,

My son and I will be moving to the arlington area on march 5th. We will not know the area very well, but I think that we WILL make this tourney. We are from the chicagoland area and have played the game for some time. We will be looking to make some long lasting connections in this area for pokemon. It is a big part of our lives.

I have read the tourney reports from the area. Everyone seemed to be shocked when they saw a rouge deck. Well, unfortunatly thats all we play. I dont like to run decks that have been seen before. ESPECIALLY archetypes. I really enjoy building a new deck and watch it do well in a tourney.

anyhow, count us 2 in!

jimmy ;)

Count us 4 in.
Welcome to TX banginbox, many of us at league play rogue decks so you'll fit right in, hope we get's lots of play time in while we still have a few months here left.
;)

We live just down the road from Arlington and can fill ya in on the hot spots.

Spectreon
02/24/2004, 09:10 AM
Spec will be there, count on it.... can't wait....

Any side events as of yet???

Master Professor Birch
02/24/2004, 01:09 PM
:clap: ~~Attention~Attention~Attention~~ :clap:

:pokeball: :pokeball: "Dallas~Pokemon-e TCG~ City Championships" :pokeball: :pokeball:
(Presented By: Pokemon USA, Inc.)

:eek: Yes, we had to change the venue for the "Dallas City Championships". But we will not disappoint you . We will have the "Dallas City Championships" at the beautiful "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel at the corner of LBJ Freeway and Coit Road, just west of LBJ & Central Expressway. :thumb:

If you are only attending one "City Championships" this year this is the one that you are waiting for. We have extended the prizes in each age group to Top-16. We will lay out your day of Pokemon-e TCG for you as you will read below. Remember, this is the last "City Championships" for the State of Texas. After this one there is no more in Texas!!!

:clap: This is the PRE-VIEW of the "TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS". Everyone who is any one or wants to make a name for themselves will be here!!!! There will be players from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and the State of Oklahoma present and accounted for at the "Dallas City Championships". Come and check out your competition that will be at the "State Championships".

And yes, we will be crowning the three Champions of Dallas. They will receive that awesome "City Championship Medallion", "VIP Package" to their "State Championships", and a Booster Box of "EX Dragon".

If you are coming from out of town, the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" is offering a great deal on your room that includes breakfast . :thumb: More details are listed below on this offer.

Any Questions may be posted on this "Thread" in "PokeGym" or email Master Professor Birch. (See Email Address below in "Contact Info".)

Let's get to the details of the "Dallas City Championships".

8102 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75251
Website: www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?moreDesc=true&ctyhocn=DALPKDT&adId=ThayerTX

Date: March 20, 2004

Time:
Registration Starts: 9:00am
City Championship Starts: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes: 1st -16th Place (For Each Age Group)
(Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, and 15-Over)

Prize Breakdown:

1st Place receives a special "City Championship Medallion", a special "VIP Package" at their "State Championships", and a display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (36)

2nd Place receives 1/2 Display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (18)

3rd-4th Place receives 1/4 Display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (9)

5th-8th Place receives 4 "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Packs

9th-16th Place receives 2 "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Packs

Tournament Format: "EON Modified Constructed Deck"

Decklists are required (available @ tournament) and Decks will be Checked!!! There will be NO PROXYS ALLOWED in the "Dallas City Championships"!!! That means none, zero no copys of Pokemon-e Cards will be permitted.

"EON" Modified Format includes cards from the following Pokemon sets: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon, Any new Post-EX Dragon Expansion set, and Promo Cards numbered 001 & higher.

With the exception of Basic energy and previously printed cards that appear in current sets, players may not use cards from older Pokemon sets. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released.

**Note: Pokemon USA, Inc has stated that any new set released after the "EX Dragon" series cannot be used in the "City Championships".

Side Events:

"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire"

Below is the information and rules for the "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament.

*GBA Side Event will start at 9:45 - 10:00am.
*GBA Event is the “Ruby & Sapphire” Game.
*ONE BIG / Single Elimination Tournament.
*Sign-up: After you have Registered for “City Championships”.
**GBA Tournament is FREE!!!!!

The Following Rules Apply:

(1) 3-Pokemon of level 50 or lower
(2) No two of the same Pokemon
(3) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are banned!!!
(4) No duplicate held items
(5) Certain powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match
(6) "Modified” GBA Cartridges are NOT Allowed!!
(7) Judges’ rulings are final.
(8) Prizes will be given out to the Top-4 Players

If we have have time, we will have an "Unlimited Constructed Deck" or "Modified Constructed Deck" (EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua are legal) Tournament. Entry Fee is $5.00 / player. Prizes will be determined by amount of palyers.

**Give some feedback on this "Thread" if you are intersted in one of these "Side Events".

What to Bring: $10.00 for the Entry Fee for the "City Championships" / Any extra Money for Drinks, Lunch, Side Events, etc. / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "EON" Modigied Constructed Deck of 60-Cards / POP ID# or if you do not have a POP ID#, we will give you one.

Schedule of "Dallas City Championships":

9:00am: Registration Starts for "City Championships" & "GBA Tournament"
(Decklists are filled out & turned in.)

9:45-10:00am: "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament Starts

11:00am: "Dallas City Championships" Starts / 30-Minute Rounds
(??? Rounds of Swiss and we will cut to the Top 25% in each Age Group)

Break for Lunch after the Swiss Rounds for One Hour

Top 25% / Single Elimination Tournament Starts for each Age Group / 30-Minute Rounds

Side Events: Modified or Unlimited Constructed Deck Tournament Starts

Crowning of the "Dallas City Champions"

Hotel Information: The "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel is offering a Special Room Rate. On Friday and / or Saturday nights, mention the "Pokemon Room Rate" and you will receive a room plus breakfast in the morning for $59.00 + tax.

For directions to the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" or any other information, click on the hotel website listed above in the "Location" area of this post.

The Hotel also offers a restaurant, "Au Bon Pain Cafe for your dining needs.

Judges: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth (Head Judge) / Pokemon Professor / PTO
Paul Stauffer / Pokemon Professor / TO
Gilbert Valdes, Jr. /Pokemon Professor

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
aka: Master Professor Birch
Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com

Master Professor Birch
03/02/2004, 09:17 AM
~~Dallas...Texas... & Out of State... Pokemon Players~~

This is the last "City Championship" to be held in the State of Texas!!! :mad: If you have not won one of these awesome "Medallions" from a City Championship and "VIP Package" to the "Texas State Championships", this is it for the State of Texas. :nonono:

I have been to some extremely exciting "City Championships". :eek: But, I know that this one will be a WAR!!! :thumb: Some of the BEST PLAYERS have since moved up to older age groups. The "Dallas City Championships" will be a whole different game this time. Some of those almost impossible unbeatable players are no longer in you age group!!! :D

Please read all of the posts on this "thread". The location has changed to the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel. And the times have changed also.

We are looking for a great attendence for this event in Dallas on March 20, 2004. Let's break all of the other attendences of the "City Championships". :clap:

Take care and get those decks ready. You'll need too.

ShinAkuma
03/02/2004, 09:59 AM
man this is even better . This venue is even closer to my dad's house than valley view . very nice see ya at the pre-release in houston and at the doubletree on the 20th . :D

Master Professor Birch
03/04/2004, 08:29 PM
~~Pokemon Players--Near & Far~~

I will be leaving for the Houston's "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament in the morning, March 5th. I will not return until March 12th. I will be on "Spring Break' with my family. While I am gone, fellow professor, "sneaselsfunhouse" will be answering any questions that you might have about the "Dallas City Championships". When I return, I will answer anything that he cannot answer for you.

You guys don't give "sneaselsfunhouse" too hard of a time. Take care and I will see you on March 20th for the "Dallas City Championships". :D

Master Professor Birch
03/15/2004, 09:55 AM
~~Notice...This Is The Last City Championship For The State Of Texas~~

This is it!!! The last "City Championship" in the State of Texas. And this is the BIG ONE!!! Top-16 in each age group will receive prizes. This is the last chance to win one of those "City Championship Medallions" and "VIP Packages" to the "State Championships". :D

This will be a preview to the "TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS". If you really want to know what your competition will be like at the "State Championships", you will need to be here on Saturday, March 20th. This will be a highly competitive tournament. If you want to know how you truely rank in this area of the country, be here. :thumb:

Registration starts at 9:00am.

"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament starts at 10:00am

"Dallas City Championships" start at 11:00am

Please read the post on this thread for all of the details of this tournament. It is being held at the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" at 8102 LBJ Freeway (Highway 635 and Highway 75 @ Coit Road Exit), Dallas, Texas 75251.

I hope to see you here on Saturday. Win this "City Championship" and you will have the "Ultimate Bragging Rights" for the Southwest!!! :clap:

Later.

Spectreon
03/15/2004, 10:05 AM
My biggest concern is bragging rights in CC and in GBA tourney.... 1 or both would be even better....

Everyone will "bring it" in this last CC blast in Texas... gl to you all, hope to see ya there....

~Blazi-King~
03/15/2004, 10:23 AM
You bet they will i know i will.....i cant wait for tyhe war to begin....but i have to tell you all now that i am not going down without a fight, i am not going quietly into the night...i will be at WAR......muwahahahaha

im am interested in the in the GBA and the Modified constructed TeamA vs TeamM

later
AKA Clay

Spectreon
03/15/2004, 10:25 AM
Make sure you take care of that Hercross problem clay.... i may have to make a counter for it... if I have time...

Master Professor Birch
03/15/2004, 02:35 PM
~~Roll Call for the "Dallas City Championships"~~

I need you guys to start replying on this thread if you know that you are definitely going to be at the "Dallas City Championships". That way I can start entering the players into the "Laptop" as being "Pre-registered. Send me your name and POP ID#s by "Private Message" or email.

Thank you.

Cyrus
03/15/2004, 04:17 PM
...What do we do if we have no idea what our POP ID is? I've never even bothered to ask Sam X_X

Master Professor Birch
03/15/2004, 04:36 PM
...What do we do if we have no idea what our POP ID is? I've never even bothered to ask Sam X_X

:) ~Patriarch~ :)

Call the store that you received your "POP ID#" from and ask for your "POP ID#" and "Password". If you cannot get it from them, I can give a new "POP ID#" and "Password" on Saturday. You will not be the first one that I have given a new "POP ID#". They should have given you the POP ID# and PASSWORD when they registered you for it.

If you have played in any of my "Premier Tournaments", just reply that you are coming on Saturday to the "Dallas City Championships" on this thread. I already have your "POP ID#" on record. Oh yes, NEVER give out your "Password" to anyone. That is yours to use to edit your personal information and to check your ratings.

Thanks for replying, Patriarch.

Spectreon
03/15/2004, 06:43 PM
Me and Poinko will be there... like defenitelyhopefully you should have ours... or I can call CGB and get it, again.... If you need real names, and POP #'s, I will getthem to you on pM, LMK

Master Professor Birch
03/15/2004, 08:38 PM
Me and Poinko will be there... like defenitelyhopefully you should have ours... or I can call CGB and get it, again.... If you need real names, and POP #'s, I will getthem to you on pM, LMK

:D ~Spectreon~ :D

Thank you, for replying. Yes, I have yours and Poinko's "POP ID#s". I will see ya'll on Saturday. Get ready for the WAR!!!

old man
03/16/2004, 08:28 AM
Count this Old Man & his son in as well too.

~Blazi-King~
03/16/2004, 08:53 AM
Count me and my brother definitely in......

Master Professor Birch
03/16/2004, 10:02 AM
Count this Old Man & his son in as well too.

~old man~

Thanks for your reply. I have got ya'll covered. I have both of your "POP ID#s".

Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch
03/16/2004, 10:05 AM
Count me and my brother definitely in......

~Blazi-King~

Thank you for your response. I have both of your "POP ID#s". I will pre-register both of you today.

Master Professor Birch

BANGINBOX
03/16/2004, 04:07 PM
Hey, We are coming!

I sent you a private message with our POP ID's. I still have a few questions.

1) will you be holding a SANCTIONED modified side event after the main event?
2) could we arrive before 9am?
3) Will my Thunder Catz deck go into the Pokemon Hall of fame after this tourney? :thumb:

2 out of 3 answers would help!

jimmy

Cyrus
03/16/2004, 04:15 PM
Hey, We are coming!

3) Will my Thunder Catz deck go into the Pokemon Hall of fame after this tourney? :thumb:

jimmy

My holy lord, I think this is the first deck concept I've heard of that's based off of an 80's franchise!!! Good luck, and major kudos to you ;)

BANGINBOX
03/16/2004, 04:47 PM
My holy lord, I think this is the first deck concept I've heard of that's based off of an 80's franchise!!! Good luck, and major kudos to you ;)

Thanx for the Kudos! (another 80's concept ;) ) I thought it was a cartoon though? My favorite to be exact. They were the ORIGINAL Teenage mutant ninga turtles!

Thank god for VH1, long live the 80's

jimmy

Master Professor Birch
03/16/2004, 07:02 PM
Hey, We are coming!

jimmy

:) ~BANGINBOX~ :)

Yes, I have pre-registered ya'll for the "Dallas City Championships" on Saturday, March20, 2004. Did "ya'll" sound like I was raise in the south??? And I think that the first "Yes" was not to one of your questions??? :p

Anyways, I think that we will be holding a sanctioned "EON-Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament with the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards being legal. The "Entry Fee" will be $5.00 per player. I will give away the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs as prizes. The prizes will depend on the number of players in this tournament. We will run it "Age-Modified Swiss" and the attendance will depend on how many places I will give out prizes to. And if you are the highest ranking player in your age group even if you do not make the "Top-???", you will receive a prize. Ok, "BANGINBOX" that is one official "YES". :thumb:

May you arrive before 9:00am??? We will be setting up at 8:00am. You may arrive then or before but we will have to wait and see about allowing players into the play area before 9:00am. And again, we might put you to work helping set things up. Or you could arrive before Saturday and spend the night at the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel on Friday night and receive a special room rate of $59.00 that includes a breakfast buffet on Saturday. So, that is technically a "YES". But, it may not be what you were wanting in an answer. OK, that's two for the "YES". :thumb:

Could your "Thrunder Catz" deck go into the "Pokemon Hall of Fame"??? Only Saturday afternoon when we crown the "Dallas City Champions" will we know the answer to this question. :confused:

Good luck to ya'll, "BANGINBOX", on Saturday.

Master Professor Birch
03/16/2004, 07:09 PM

~Patriarch~

He lives!!!! :clap: May I add your name to the list of pre-registered players for this Saturday's "Dallas City Championships"??? :confused:

If yes, is the answer, Master Professor Birch will be "SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS" on his son's "Professor Birch" cards!!! If you would like an autograph from Master Professor Birch, be here on Saturday at the "Dallas City Championships". :thumb:

Take care, Patriarch.

Cyrus
03/17/2004, 06:11 PM
Lol, that's right! Richard, never did get you to sign at the Sandstorm prerelease...now, I have a reverse of my own for you to sign! ;)

evilcaturne666
03/17/2004, 07:46 PM
Count me in

POP
ID

Master Professor Birch
03/17/2004, 10:17 PM
Count me in

POP
ID

~Patriarch & evilcaturne666~

Thank you guys for replying to this thread, so that I can pre-register as many players as possible to save time on Saturday. I will add you to the growing list of pre-registered players for the "Dallas City Championships".

I know that "evilcaturne666" will be bringing it to the "SHOW" after his win at the "Plano City Championships". Beware of these two players!!! They will take no prisoners!!! :nonono:

Good Luck, guys and some advice, spend some extra time on your decks. :thumb:

Cyrus
03/17/2004, 11:03 PM
pfft, actually I do! Dana ate my Garde deck for breakfast at the CC in Plano, as did my Texas Game Co counterpart, Joe. However, I seek redemption (and my ID...)! XD

If, by some weird chance, I can't find it, will I be able to fuse my two different records into one? No doubt I want my Modified as good as unlimited or draft...'though with the talent in Texas, that will almost certainly not be so...*sighs* I wish CC packets trickled down or something! ;)

Master Professor Birch
03/18/2004, 06:22 AM
pfft, actually I do! Dana ate my Garde deck for breakfast at the CC in Plano, as did my Texas Game Co counterpart, Joe. However, I seek redemption (and my ID...)! XD

If, by some weird chance, I can't find it, will I be able to fuse my two different records into one? No doubt I want my Modified as good as unlimited or draft...'though with the talent in Texas, that will almost certainly not be so...*sighs* I wish CC packets trickled down or something! ;)

~Patriarch~

Call "CGB" and get your number or I will give you a new number at tha "Dallas City Championships". There is another thread on "PokeGym" that tells you how to get in contact with "Pokemon Organized Play". I will get that "thread" and print off the email address and names for all that need help.

I will see you at the "SHOW"!!!

Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch
03/18/2004, 05:42 PM
:p ~Patriarch~ :p

Mr. Sam has sent me your POP ID# along with Tracy's. I have pre-registered both of you. I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at the "Dallas City Championships". :thumb:

Cyrus
03/18/2004, 07:16 PM
Oooh, really? Major thanks to the CGB guys, then! Can't wait to compete in your tournament, sir :thumb:

mewsmom
03/18/2004, 07:29 PM
Don't forget us 4 (Lynch Mob). I'm sure you have our id's but if you need again, let me know.

Cya all soon

Master Professor Birch
03/18/2004, 08:48 PM
Don't forget us 4 (Lynch Mob). I'm sure you have our id's but if you need again, let me know.

Cya all soon

:) ~mewsmom~ :)

I have got all of you guys covered except you. You can send it through "Private Message" or I can get it on Saturday at the "Dallas City Championships".

Good Luck, mewsmom, I hope that you will be able to hang one of these beautiful "City Medallions" around your neck also. :D

ShinAkuma
03/18/2004, 10:00 PM
hey charles i'll be there i might need a ride though :) i might be bringing 2 cousins ,but don't know yet. is paul going to be there ? and thanks again for taking me to okalahoma again i had so much fun . see ya later. :D p.s. everyone bow down to my waxsd deck ! the new archetype !!!! hahaha.....ha

Master Professor Birch
03/19/2004, 08:41 AM
hey charles i'll be there i might need a ride though :) i might be bringing 2 cousins ,but don't know yet. is paul going to be there ? and thanks again for taking me to okalahoma again i had so much fun . see ya later. :D p.s. everyone bow down to my waxsd deck ! the new archetype !!!! hahaha.....ha

:nonono: ~ShinAkuma~ :nonono:

No problem, if you and your cousins need a ride, I will be there around 7:15am to pick you guys up. Sir Paul is to be present at the "Dallas City Championships". :thumb:

We will have to wait until we crown the "Dallas City Champions" before we can bow down to your "WAXSD Deck". I have heard that there are some pretty solid decks that will be coming to this event.

I will pre-register you for Saturday.

Master Professor Birch
03/19/2004, 09:15 AM
~~Dallas....One More Day....Until The Most Anticipated War in This City~~

If you have any last minute checks on your decks, you have less than 24-hours!!! This is building up to be the "War of Pokemon" for the most coveted "City Championship" in Texas. :nonono:

Who will be crowned the "Dallas City Champion"??? Who will wear that "Dallas City Championship Medallion" around their neck??? Winning here in the "Dallas City Championships" will make you the #1-player in the State of Texas!!! Everyone will know that you are the ONE TO BEAT at the "Texas State Championships". :clap:

We will be giving out prizes to the Top-16 in each age group. :D

We will have a "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament at 9:45-10:00am Start Time. This is FREE!!!! I think that tournament will be very heated as well. There are some serious players in this tournament. Prizes to the Top-4 of this tournament. If any age group is not presented in the Top-4, we will give out prizes to that age group's top player. :D

We will have a sanctioned "Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament where the new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards will be legal. This tournament is a "Side Event". It will have an Entry Fee of $5.00 per player. Age-Modified Swiss Rounds, with the number of rounds and prizes to be determined by the number of players that enter. Prizes will be the new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs. This tournament will start after the "Dallas City Championships" if time permits. :D

Attention!!!!! The new "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards are NOT allowed and are NOT legal to use in the "Dallas Citry Championships". This ruling has came from Pokemon USA, Inc.

Get Ready....Get Set....For the Battle for your Life. Hope to see you there at the "Dallas City Championships". And don't forget that Master Professor Birch will be signing cards all day Saturday.

If you have any questions, please reply on this "Thread", email, or call me today or tonight. I will be leaving early in the morning to set every thing up. Below is my contact information.

Good Luck.

Email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
Cell: (972) 754-8618

BANGINBOX
03/19/2004, 09:28 AM
I live in the Arlington area and would be willing to drive anyone who may need a ride. If you dont have a ride to the Dallas CC, and are a resonable distance from me, send me an Email and you could travel with me.

jimmy

ShinAkuma
03/19/2004, 09:48 AM
I can't wait im so excited aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see ya tomorrow .

Master Professor Birch
03/19/2004, 10:13 AM
I live in the Arlington area and would be willing to drive anyone who may need a ride. If you dont have a ride to the Dallas CC, and are a resonable distance from me, send me an Email and you could travel with me.

jimmy

:clap: ~BANGINBOX~ :clap:

Thank you for offering a ride from the Arlington area to the "Dallas City Championships". OK, Pokemon players form the Arlington area, now you have a ride if you need one. Get on board and come to the "Dallas City Championships" to have FUN all day long.

Thanks, again~"BANGINBOX". :thumb:

mewsmom
03/19/2004, 12:11 PM
We expect to be bringing 2 extra players with us from Y2k.
So we are going to have a great turnout but only 1 can go home with the Medal (unless your in the other age groups) It's all in fun :)
Good luck to ya'all & cya tomorrow

:clap: ~BANGINBOX~ :clap:

Thank you for offering a ride from the Arlington area to the "Dallas City Championships". OK, Pokemon players form the Arlington area, now you have a ride if you need one. Get on board and come to the "Dallas City Championships" to have FUN all day long.

Thanks, again~"BANGINBOX". :thumb:

Spectreon
03/19/2004, 02:30 PM
1 more day to the Battle in da big D..... be warned, be ready, BE THERE....

Master Professor Birch
03/19/2004, 08:39 PM
~~Sleep Well, Dallas......Tomorrow Morning the Battle Begins~~

Sleep well all of you "PokeManics". When you awake in the morning, get up and put your "Battle Face" on. This is what it is all about!!! The most "Treasured~City Medalions" in Texas will be up for grabs. Starting at 11:00am, the first round of the "Dallas City Championships" will begin. :clap:

I have heard tonight that some of the old guard are coming out of the woodwork for this one. Tee-minus 11 1/2 hours and counting. You have better be ready because at this "WAR" there will be no prisoners.

Sleep Well......... :eek:

mewsmom
03/19/2004, 09:11 PM
Ahh, could it be the Beechem brother's or Mr Moreno. Guess we'll just have to see. We've got 3 extra players looking for some fun tomorrow. Let's show them what it's all about (their first Big tourney).

Ok now you've all been put under Gengar's Deep Sleep!!

~~Sleep Well, Dallas......Tomorrow Morning the Battle Begins~~

Sleep well all of you "PokeManics". When you awake in the morning, get up and put your "Battle Face" on. This is what it is all about!!! The most "Treasured~City Medalions" in Texas will be up for grabs. Starting at 11:00am, the first round of the "Dallas City Championships" will begin. :clap:

I have heard tonight that some of the old guard are coming out of the woodwork for this one. Tee-minus 11 1/2 hours and counting. You have better be ready because at this "WAR" there will be no prisoners.

Sleep Well......... :eek:

Cyrus
03/19/2004, 09:51 PM
My new deck (no, not Niniken or Garde XD) is up and ready for the big tournament! Can I fend off the BAR decks of Collinsworth and Moreno, though? =O

BANGINBOX
03/19/2004, 10:04 PM
Hey all,

We had a great time at league tonight. This gave us an oppritunity to tweek those decks one last time. Thanx, Heather! Great game!

I just finished printing off my WANT list! Need to be ready for some serious trading.

I have been looking forward to this tourney since I arrived in Texas. I am SOOOOO Excited its finally here. Good Luck to all.

See you in the morning 9AM.
Jimmy

ShinAkuma
03/19/2004, 10:49 PM
my WAXSD deck will demolish all and will win the prestigious medal for me !!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha....ha see ya tomorrow

ShinAkuma
03/20/2004, 06:41 PM
hey thanks for a great tournament. Even though i had a bad day i still had a lot of fun see ya at the next tournament. :D

Cyrus
03/20/2004, 07:13 PM
Shinakuma: *ponders* Were you the guy with the art talent? I was the guy with the medal, hehe!

ShinAkuma
03/20/2004, 07:24 PM
art talent ? no i was the guy who had a bad day and i was wereing the west coast choppers shirt u ?
what were u playing when u got first ? bar ?

Cyrus
03/20/2004, 07:25 PM
>_<"" Argh! In that case, I'm lost.

I didn't run BAR. I ran Niniken, lol.

ShinAkuma
03/20/2004, 10:46 PM
i was playing the Wailord ex/Xatu/Delcatty/Shedinja I call it the WAXSD deck but it was a day full of bad starting hands. well congrats on the metal see everybody at states. :D

Cyrus
03/20/2004, 10:57 PM
*blinks* Oh yeah! I remember you! You were sitting next to me when I got a terrible start vs Wailord ex (of all things...grrrr), right?

*shakes hands*

ShinAkuma
03/20/2004, 11:04 PM
i think it was first round when i was sitting next to u . but i don't remember if u were playing wailord ex or not....

Spectreon
03/21/2004, 07:43 AM
Hey Johnny, you got first... congrats... good to know I lost in the top 8 to the winner, though my only other loss was to the guy accros from you challenging for first... great job....

And I didnt go hom empty handed either.... Made top 8 twice, technically... Poinko/Phil ran my Rouge Riachu deck I built oh so long ago, and my Ninekin also took a spot... combined together for a 7-4-1...

Also claimed the big GBA tourney!!! See what happens when you waste 600+ hours on your gba.... I need a life...

BANGINBOX
03/21/2004, 07:56 AM
Hey all,

Great tourney! It seemed all day that everyone was hunting me and my "FOSSIL" deck. Overall I was not at all disappointed. Congrats Patriach *swallows his pride* Good win! Not exactly sure how you did it, but you did.

I will be posting a complete tourney report tonight. Including the near disaterous Multi energy ruling. :mad:

peace,
jimmy

Cyrus
03/21/2004, 11:01 AM
Hey all,

Congrats Patriarch *swallows his pride* Good win! Not exactly sure how you did it, but you did.

Well, you know how a Blaziken variant wins if there's a Dunsparce within the first turn or two (or three -.-"")? That's how I did it, that's how Taylor did it in Fort Worth and Houston, and that's how countless other folk have done it. Lol, just jokin' with ya. Glad to have you on Team Texas, Jimmy! :D

God, I can't wait 'til I run MAD in States. Then BEX will fear! Oh, yes it will!!

Also Spec, our game was definitely my favorite of the tournament. If I lost that game, then I would've been pleased to see you claim the CC, as well. BIG kudos on that Raichu ex deck you made for Poinko! Creativity at its best!

~Kettler

Master Professor Birch
03/21/2004, 11:15 AM
Hey all,

I will be posting a complete tourney report tonight. Including the near disaterous Multi energy ruling. :mad:

peace,
jimmy

:) ~BANGINBOX~ :)

I will be looking forward to reading your "Tournament Report", tonight. I will also, later today be posting a "Tournament Summary" on this thread. Good job on the "Multi Energy" issue.

There was one important thing that I did not announce at the beginning of the "Dallas City Championships". :mad: I always tell my players at tournaments, "If you (the player) do not agree with a judge's ruling, ask to see it in writing from the Rule Book".

In the "Team Compendium ex", you were correct with your ruling on "Multi Energy". Always, ask to see it in writing. If not under "Multi Energy", ask to see it under the attack. Great job!!!! If you are interested in judging in the future, please contact me. I can always use knowledgable players like you to judge. :clap:

Take care and I am sure that we will cross paths soon. :thumb:

poinko
03/21/2004, 11:50 AM
Dallas was fun, I had a great time, as I always do at any events where people get together and play Pokemon! Congratulations to everyone, and I hope to see you in Oklahoma this week!

Master Professor Birch
03/21/2004, 09:33 PM
~Thank you to All of the Pokemon Players @ The Dallas City Championships~

Thanks to all of the Pokemon players that attended the "Dallas City Championships" at the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel. :clap: There were quite a variety of Pokemon players at the "Dallas C. C.". We had four players from Oklahoma, three from Colorado, one from Arkansas, two that had moved to the D/FW area from Chicago, eight from Houston, and two from Tyler. There were some decks that we in these parts had not seen before. :confused: There were plenty of spin-offs from the "BAR Decks" that were more than I have seen in one tournament so far.

As advertised, there were some heavy weights in each age group. In the "10-Under" age group. there were three players that had already won five "City Championships" between them. There were many former winners of "City Championships" in the other age groups as well.

The winners are:

"10-Under": Austin C. / Houston, Texas

"11-14": Heather L. / Fort Worth, Texas

"15-Over": Johnny "Patriarch" K. / Allen, Texas

Congradulations, to all of the winners of the "Dallas City Championships"!!!! :thumb:

"Spectreon" won the most heated "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" tournament so far in all of the "City Championships" that I have attended. :clap:

Gilbert V. lll won the "Modified Constructed Deck" tournament where the new cards from the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" were legal to use. :clap:

Thank you to the players for supporting the "City Championships" in the State of Texas!!! I have come to know and become friends with many of the players that have attended these tournaments. I have seen parents that did not play Pokemon-e TCG or even know how to play the game become very good players. Rich A. in the Houston area had not won anything in Pokemon tournaments. In the last two tournaments in the Houston area finished quite well in the Top-8 players in the "15-Over" age group. With the #1 seed in the "Pre-release. :clap:

I have seen Mike C., Mia, and their oldest son, Anthony become very competitive players. Mike C. finished as the sixth seed in the "Dallas City Championships" with 27-players in that age group. It is great to see that the parents of these children are getting involved and playing Pokemon at tournaments. Austin C., their younger son was a very average player when I first met Mike and Mia. He now wears two "City Championship Medallions" around his neck. GREAT JOB, Mia, Mike, and Anthony with helping Austin become a champion and SUPPORTING him in Pokemon. :thumb:

These are a few stories that have unfolded as I jouneyed through the "City Championships" for the State of Texas. I have many more to tell either here or on the "Pokemon-TCG" website. I am tired from entering these tournaments' results. As I leave you tonight, I wish the packs that you open will have all of the Pokemon that you have hoped for. :D

Take care and I will see you in Oklahoma City at "Game Headquarters" for the last "City Championships" in our area.

God Bless.

ShinAkuma
03/21/2004, 10:46 PM
I can't say thank you enough for running pokemon tournaments and help keep the game going. :) see ya at the next tournament. later :pokeball: :D

mewsmom
03/22/2004, 07:55 AM
I can't say thank you enough for running pokemon tournaments and help keep the game going. :) see ya at the next tournament. later :pokeball: :D

We toast to Master Professor Birch as well!! You do and give so much to your events. TEXAS TRULEY has a Very well alive & active Pokemon Fever. Everyone involved is all so important and we keep each other going. We take great Pride and treasure our Texas Poke Family.

Cya at the next one, Lynch Family

Team Cook
03/26/2004, 02:11 PM
I have seen Mike C., Mia, and their oldest son, Anthony become very competitive players. Mike C. finished as the sixth seed in the "Dallas City Championships" with 27-players in that age group. It is great to see that the parents of these children are getting involved and playing Pokemon at tournaments. Austin C., their younger son was a very average player when I first met Mike and Mia. He now wears two "City Championship Medallions" around his neck. GREAT JOB, Mia, Mike, and Anthony with helping Austin become a champion and SUPPORTING him in Pokemon. :thumb:

Thanks Professor Birch! It's so nice of you to say that. You make it easy with the way you run your tournaments. So, thanks!

I know it's a little late, but I also wanted to thank all of my opponents at the Dallas City Championship. It was my first ever Pokemon tournament. I just learned how to play. No, actually I'm still learning, and I have lots more to learn. That is why I need to thank my opponents for their patience with me, and all their help.

Thanks to everyone, including the judges.... and Diana, too, for all your help!

:pokeball: Mike Cook

Cyrus
03/31/2004, 08:52 PM
There's no problem at all with that! It's good to have new players coming in, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to play you in Round 1! *shakes hand*

Can't wait 'til states. See you all there!