View Full Version : Brief Collinsville IL Report

02/22/2004, 07:16 AM
Allright, I am still tired from yesterday...but here we go.

24 players - 26 registered and paid, 2 no shows, and one player who did not finish the event....but it did not stop it from being a GREAT DAY!

NO UNDEFEATED PLAYERS IN THE ROOM. That is how fierce the competition was....

Top decks - (will confirm 11-14 2nd)

15+ - What a war of a division -
1st - Newman - WailordEX/12 Fossils - by 2 tiebreaker points -
2nd - Chaddy - Blaziken/Eggs - that loss STILL stings

1st - Kenny - GardeEX/Garde - great new player - simply WOW
2nd - Roberto - TyphloEX - had some GREAT starts to drive his victory

1st (and 1st overall in the tourney) - Andrew K - GardeEX/Garde/Wobby/Linoone - Dominating
2nd - Zak K - Same deck that took 1st in Chicago - so his brother mirrored it.

Simply put, the day was full of upsets...no player went undefeated, a precon deck with no mods won twice, over great players, several matches would have been different with 1 more minute, just an absolutely perfect pokemon day.

I am really looking forward to St. Louis being a WAR - in 15+, in 11-14 and in 10 and under...more players more competition, bigger prize at stake....

MAJOR PROPS to all the players....all went as perfectly as could be expected. Would have liked for a few more players, but, heh, we get what we can....

MAJOR PROPS to Dizzys...Great bonus prizes, a pack to all players, and bonus promos all around, with great attendence gifts...all players were amazed at the prize level...

NO SLOPS - the event was too great....OK, slops to bad draws and decks that failed to work in some rounds....but that happens every week!

See you all in St. Louis!

02/22/2004, 09:30 AM
Ya I ended up getting 4th, first round I lost to Newman due to time. 3rd Round I lost to Chad. I ended up playing Ampharos Ex with Magneton and Blissey.

Oh well I got 6 Charmander so thats all that matters ^_^ Hopefully I can win next week.

02/22/2004, 09:33 AM
Clarify Colin, you traded for 6 charmander...

02/22/2004, 09:51 AM
Clarify Colin, you traded for 6 charmander...

Yes I traded for 6. Sorry bout that X\

02/22/2004, 11:24 AM
*shakes head*

poor chaddy...........

anybody wanna post a more detailed TR? or am i gonna have to call ya chaddy?

02/22/2004, 12:29 PM

I was so bitter and upset when I found out I didn't win yesterday....Although I had fun. If the tournament had been run the old fashion way...1st place is what I got. Newman chanked me by 2 tiebreaker points...Technically, he got 3rd. It bothers me b/c Tony was 4-0 in the final match with me while Newman and I were both 3-1. Tony had previously beaten Newman and I beat Tony in the 5th round! I don't get it???

Oh yeah, this is the best part of the ENTIRE tournament. Right B4 my second match I 5 piled to get a good shuffle, and I ended up losing to a Pre-Con because I drew only Skitty, Exeggute, Fire Energy and Evo's I couldn't use. I got my 1st draw card on like the 10th turn but it was 2 late by that time....my only 5 pile of the entire day :mad: . I re-played him after my horrifying defeat and I SMOKED him. At that point, I began comtemplating Suicide... and again after I found out I got chanked by Newman 4 the win that belonged to Tony or I.

I shall B bitter til the day I die............

StL is a whole new can of cloWniN

The only perk was when I opened my 14 packs (I gave 4 to Tony) for 2nd....Draggy Ex, Latios Ex, Amphy Ex, Kingdra Ex, Charmeleon, Charizard, Golem, Altaia, Roselia, & Crawdunt. I traded for Salamence and Absol 2 complete my set and I got another Ray Ex... :D

02/22/2004, 02:19 PM
well chaddy, i know that sucks, i've been there before, losing to him by some idiotic way.......

just look at the bright side, he can't win the STL one, and i KNOW vince won't let him judge it (AT LEAST U BETTER NOT, LOL)

but the STL will be a great one, and it sucks that at least one of us won't win it

do u plan on going to the sedalia (bad speeling) one?

no chaddy, i won't let you commit suicide..... who's gonna entertain me?..... ok besides DR. T

unless of course we lose at the STL to another PRE-CON

then it's kool-aid for all!! :D

02/22/2004, 10:40 PM
How did Wailord EX with all sorts of fossil win? >_< is there some combo im not seeing?

02/23/2004, 07:07 AM
pure annoyance. It boggs down the opponent's mind while building up a Wex, then smokes the big attacker and doesn't look back. (You know that I still should've beaten you, M45)

02/23/2004, 08:33 AM
OK, Bullados, enough of this.

A. How many prizes did you take?

B. What was my record on the day, and against Garde Decks (5-1/3-0)

C. Even if you had gotten the Garde out (or a Wobby, which you should have been hunting for), I still had a lot of power coming at you with a second EX, and a Wailmer in wait....

See you on the boards, or come on down for some REAL competition.....