PDA

View Full Version : Brief Collinsville IL Report

meganium45
02/22/2004, 06:16 AM
Allright, I am still tired from yesterday...but here we go.

24 players - 26 registered and paid, 2 no shows, and one player who did not finish the event....but it did not stop it from being a GREAT DAY!

NO UNDEFEATED PLAYERS IN THE ROOM. That is how fierce the competition was....

Top decks - (will confirm 11-14 2nd)

15+ - What a war of a division -
1st - Newman - WailordEX/12 Fossils - by 2 tiebreaker points -
2nd - Chaddy - Blaziken/Eggs - that loss STILL stings

11-14
1st - Kenny - GardeEX/Garde - great new player - simply WOW
2nd - Roberto - TyphloEX - had some GREAT starts to drive his victory

10-
1st (and 1st overall in the tourney) - Andrew K - GardeEX/Garde/Wobby/Linoone - Dominating
2nd - Zak K - Same deck that took 1st in Chicago - so his brother mirrored it.

Simply put, the day was full of upsets...no player went undefeated, a precon deck with no mods won twice, over great players, several matches would have been different with 1 more minute, just an absolutely perfect pokemon day.

I am really looking forward to St. Louis being a WAR - in 15+, in 11-14 and in 10 and under...more players more competition, bigger prize at stake....

MAJOR PROPS to all the players....all went as perfectly as could be expected. Would have liked for a few more players, but, heh, we get what we can....

MAJOR PROPS to Dizzys...Great bonus prizes, a pack to all players, and bonus promos all around, with great attendence gifts...all players were amazed at the prize level...

NO SLOPS - the event was too great....OK, slops to bad draws and decks that failed to work in some rounds....but that happens every week!

See you all in St. Louis!

Meganium45

swanton1717
02/22/2004, 08:30 AM
Ya I ended up getting 4th, first round I lost to Newman due to time. 3rd Round I lost to Chad. I ended up playing Ampharos Ex with Magneton and Blissey.

Oh well I got 6 Charmander so thats all that matters ^_^ Hopefully I can win next week.

~Colin

meganium45
02/22/2004, 08:33 AM
Clarify Colin, you traded for 6 charmander...

M45

swanton1717
02/22/2004, 08:51 AM
Clarify Colin, you traded for 6 charmander...

M45

Yes I traded for 6. Sorry bout that X\

~Colin

Bigpoppabeatdown
02/22/2004, 10:24 AM
*shakes head*

poor chaddy...........

anybody wanna post a more detailed TR? or am i gonna have to call ya chaddy?

Psyduck
02/22/2004, 11:29 AM
I GOT CHANKED.......

I was so bitter and upset when I found out I didn't win yesterday....Although I had fun. If the tournament had been run the old fashion way...1st place is what I got. Newman chanked me by 2 tiebreaker points...Technically, he got 3rd. It bothers me b/c Tony was 4-0 in the final match with me while Newman and I were both 3-1. Tony had previously beaten Newman and I beat Tony in the 5th round! I don't get it???

Oh yeah, this is the best part of the ENTIRE tournament. Right B4 my second match I 5 piled to get a good shuffle, and I ended up losing to a Pre-Con because I drew only Skitty, Exeggute, Fire Energy and Evo's I couldn't use. I got my 1st draw card on like the 10th turn but it was 2 late by that time....my only 5 pile of the entire day :mad: . I re-played him after my horrifying defeat and I SMOKED him. At that point, I began comtemplating Suicide... and again after I found out I got chanked by Newman 4 the win that belonged to Tony or I.

I shall B bitter til the day I die............

StL is a whole new can of cloWniN

The only perk was when I opened my 14 packs (I gave 4 to Tony) for 2nd....Draggy Ex, Latios Ex, Amphy Ex, Kingdra Ex, Charmeleon, Charizard, Golem, Altaia, Roselia, & Crawdunt. I traded for Salamence and Absol 2 complete my set and I got another Ray Ex... :D

Duck
:D

Bigpoppabeatdown
02/22/2004, 01:19 PM
well chaddy, i know that sucks, i've been there before, losing to him by some idiotic way.......

just look at the bright side, he can't win the STL one, and i KNOW vince won't let him judge it (AT LEAST U BETTER NOT, LOL)

but the STL will be a great one, and it sucks that at least one of us won't win it

do u plan on going to the sedalia (bad speeling) one?

no chaddy, i won't let you commit suicide..... who's gonna entertain me?..... ok besides DR. T

unless of course we lose at the STL to another PRE-CON

then it's kool-aid for all!! :D

MonkeyMan
02/22/2004, 09:40 PM
How did Wailord EX with all sorts of fossil win? >_< is there some combo im not seeing?

bullados
02/23/2004, 06:07 AM
pure annoyance. It boggs down the opponent's mind while building up a Wex, then smokes the big attacker and doesn't look back. (You know that I still should've beaten you, M45)

meganium45
02/23/2004, 07:33 AM
OK, Bullados, enough of this.

A. How many prizes did you take?

B. What was my record on the day, and against Garde Decks (5-1/3-0)

C. Even if you had gotten the Garde out (or a Wobby, which you should have been hunting for), I still had a lot of power coming at you with a second EX, and a Wailmer in wait....

See you on the boards, or come on down for some REAL competition.....

Meganium45