PDA

View Full Version : tA Garden City MI CC Report

TheAnswer3
02/24/2004, 11:44 AM
Saturday me and my brother attended the GC CC. We got there about 8:30 and met up with some people we knew. I knew what i was playing but still walked around metagaming, didnt see much that would beat me, so.

Pokemon
4 Dunsparce
4 Torchic
2 Combusken
4 Blaziken
3 Rayquaza EX
2 Mareep
1 Flaffy
2 Ampharos
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
Energy
12 Fire
4 Lightning
Trainers
4 TV
4 Oracle
4 POR
4 Rare Candy
1 Switch
1 Town Volunteers

Standard BAR list, play started at about 10:00

Round 1 vs. Matt T, (Gardy/Wailord)
I got out a lot faster then he did, and easily won.
Round 2 Vs. Bonnie(Lombres w/ Bagons=/
She had just beat Psychodad with like CRAZY flips which was amazing. So we start i start with sparce and do the usual, second turn she pulls Lombre and knocks out Sparce, i bring up Rayquaza and sit for a while but eventually get the whole setup and rip through her
Round 3 vs. Drew Holton(Blaze/Ray)
I knew that I had the advantage going in, it was close for a while but then i pulled ahed with 3 Blaziken Rayquaza and Amphy. He brings up a dunsparce and hits HEADS 3 TURNS in a row, to prevent retreat ,then knocks out rayquaza for the ko. I bring up Blaziken kill sparce and im down to 1 prize. He draws TV Reporter, gets Rare Candy/Blazi which ever he needed Starters to Rayquaza to win the game
2-1=/
Round 4- ??
I won thats all i remember

Round 5 vs. Matt C(Blaze/Espeon)
I had the advantage from the beggining i had the setup like third turn and it was to much

Round 6- I figure the way the software has been pairing down the entire day, that the two 5-0 players wont play and i will be able to play David M for the chance at a Tiebreak since our Tiebreaks were the same, the pairings are announced and FINALLY the 5-0 10- player is paired up with David M after playing 2-2 players in the rounds after he was 4-0. I get paired up with Matt Zettle and win, but am quite angry that the software decided to pair up then and not earlier.

So I got second, which is really the usual thing for me, my brother gets second too. We get a full box combined then draft, he drafts Rayquaza EX, Amphy EX, Cargo EX and Raichu EX which made the 15$ worth it. I get 3rd in the draft and win a few more packs.

Props and Slops:
Props:
To the whole PES crew for putting on another great event
Sean Foisy and Dave Richards winning 10- and 11-14:)

Slops:
the software, it seriously needs work.

tA