PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED w/Final results!-Stafford,Va TM vs TA prerelease - Sun.Mar14th - Comic World

Sensei
03/01/2004, 02:36 PM
:pokeball:Team Magma vs. Team Aqua Prerelease!:pokeball:

Hey everyone,you`re all invited to come on down to Comic World and join us for some prerelease fun!Come have a blast putting a deck together with the brand new set and have the chance to not only win TM vs TA booster packs,but I`ll be having door prizes as well that people can win!Check back here often to see if I have updated any info!

Oh,make sure to have your POP# if you have one!Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name,POP ID#(if you have one),and your age.If you need a POP ID #,one will be provided for you onsite.

See everyone there!

`Sensei

Date:Sunday Mar.14th
Time:Registration is from 10-11am.Deck building/Tourney starts after.
2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
Stafford,Va. 22554
540-659-0123

Entry Fee:$20-all players get 6 TM vs TA booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Each entrant receives a TM vs TA prelease stamped Team Aqua`s Cacnea promo card!

Each age group (10-, 11-14,and 15+) will receive the following:

1st Place-1 Box of Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
2nd Place-18 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place-9 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs
5th-8th Place-4 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Magma Vs. Aqua Booster Packs

Door Prizes

• A 1st Edition Charizard
• A "surprise" box which has special promos and a variety of packs
• A 3 pack of TM vs. TA (3 packs!)
• A 4 pack of the Target promos IN the 4 card collector frame
• A 4 pack of the Target promos
• A #96/95 Absol Holo Rare TCG card that you can only get when you buy a box!
• I will also randomly draw more winners for Absols through the tournament!!!!
• Maybe more to come!!!!!

Adv1sor
03/01/2004, 07:34 PM
Sounds like more fun!

Mike and I are planning to be there.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure of attending a tournament ran by 'Sensei, you are missing out on one of the best Pokemon experiences ever.

Hope to see everyone there!

TrueGamerX
03/01/2004, 08:17 PM
It's official Sensei, I'm coming back to Stafford for the PreRelease and I'm bringing 2 other entrants with me!

There going to have to register a POP # and they can't wait to battle on March 14th!
And we are looking to have some fun!!

Sensei
03/01/2004, 08:38 PM
Wow,thanx for the kind words Dave. :o Great to see that you guys will be there.

TG,awesome!I`m glad that you and your friends can make it!Bring everyone!I`ll issue them POP #`s when they get there.

I`ll be updating the Door prizes which includes a 1st Edition Charizard...I may post more between now and the prerelease,so keep checking back!:)

`Sensei

Chris Pak
03/02/2004, 12:37 PM
Wow, I didn't know there was going to be that many stuff your giving out. It sounds fun. I'll do my best to show up. Is it going to be sealed? Anyways, good luck to everyone. Sensei, IM me at CDPak007 plz :).

RainbowRichards
03/02/2004, 12:55 PM
Chris - you've been to a Prerelease before, right? If not, it works like this:

You get 6 sealed boosters, and when given the instructions to do so, everyone opens them and cunstructs a 40-card deck from their cards (plus Basic Energy Crads which are provided).

Sensei
03/02/2004, 09:06 PM
Oh,I`m even adding more Chris.Go check out the latest and check back periodically for more possible changes!I`ll pm you sometime tomorrow(?) evening if I get a chance.

Sean,Luke,Mike,and everyone else,you making it?LMK.

`Sensei

SHPanda
03/03/2004, 11:57 AM
I should be there, and so should sean and luke(if he's not being lazy and sleeping all day) lol.

I HATE SEALED SOO MUCH. how bout a draft :-)

Sensei
03/03/2004, 02:39 PM
Great to hear that you guys will make it.Tell Luke just to come the night before with his sleeping bag...;)

Now,to get back to getting the packs and everything ready and sorting the [EDIT]`s. :p

`Sensei

Sensei
03/04/2004, 09:15 PM
Denise and Co.,you guys coming?It`d be nice to see some out of staters again!Everyone is welcome.

`Sensei

rody1202
03/05/2004, 05:27 AM
We would LOVE to be there... I'm sad to say that the Barlocks are not going to be able to make the pre-release in VA... There is a pre-release in Charlotte on 3/13 the day before and we will be at that one...

BUT... it seems that we'll be at your state championships on 4/25...

Sensei
03/05/2004, 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear you guys won`t make it to the prerelease but at least ya`ll can come to States.

`Sensei

TrueGamerX
03/05/2004, 07:11 PM
Is the state championship open to all on April 25? Because I would able to come

Sensei
03/05/2004, 07:16 PM
Yes,the State Champs will be open to all.Great to hear that you can make it!

`Sensei

Sensei
03/06/2004, 12:04 PM
Updated!!! Man,those special cards are sweet!

Sensei
03/08/2004, 05:29 PM
6 more days!

Hmmm...what other prize(s) should I add...

`Sensei

TrueGamerX
03/08/2004, 05:57 PM
Sensei, in addition to the 2 entrants that I'm coming with. I may can squeeze one more person who says that she wants to go. But I can't wait until Sunday, its going to be prizes galore!!!

Sensei
03/09/2004, 11:58 AM
That`s great to hear!The more the merrier. :)

`Sensei

RainbowRichards
03/10/2004, 07:48 AM
4 days to go (**need - more - Team aqua - vs - Team magma - for - sets**)

I'll bet we'll see 60+ players!?!?! (as in more than 60, not 60+ years old :p)

TrueGamerX
03/10/2004, 04:26 PM
Most likely we will see even more people at States! I'm coming no doubt.

Sensei
03/10/2004, 05:11 PM
I hope we do.That`d be great!I need more too...I opened my box from the Rockville prerelease and no Jirachi...:(

Sensei
03/12/2004, 07:34 AM
2 more days!Oh,Brian,will you have your Gameboy/Gamecube stuff for the Jirachi download?

`Sensei

RainbowRichards
03/13/2004, 12:49 PM
Sure, we'll bring the Gamecube & Colosseum disc and have it available at the prerelease tomorrow!

TrueGamerX
03/13/2004, 02:04 PM
Alright Sensei, I'm coming with 3 other entrants, Robin, Rikki, and Victoria. They can't wait to play 2marrow. Robin is carpooling everyone up there.

Kirblar
03/13/2004, 06:50 PM
Valerie and I are coming again! The big reason we dropped was the 0-2 records at that point, as well as my sleep deprivation, which had been causing massive play errors on my part. This set is VERY good for limited, as the large number of trainers and TA vs TM make it easier to deckbuild,.

Sensei
03/13/2004, 07:22 PM
Brian:Sweet!Thanx a bunch.Travis told me he had kids come in days after the CC with their Gameboys asking if they could download for them.

TG and K:Great to hear that!I`ll do my best to make sure everyone has fun!;)

See everyone tomorrow morning!

`Sensei

Sensei
03/14/2004, 07:27 PM
OK,we had 54 players today!Everything went smooth and no printer problems(thanx to Brian doing those honors!).We all had a blast and look forward to the Va. State Championship April 25th right here at Comic World in Stafford,Va.!

Congrats to Brandon,Arron,and Alex for winning 1st in their age divisions and a hearty thanx to everyone for coming down(or up) to Stafford to have some Pokemon fun!You guys(and gals) were great and you`re all invited to States!

Anyways,off to the results!I`m tired zzzzzz....Oh yeah,there were two more door prizes added! :)

`Sensei
------------------

Absol Winners

•Mike P
•Ian S
•Jonathan T
•Benjamin V
•Aaron H
•Laura K
•Robin M

1st Ed Charizard

•Ian S

Special Prize Box(Packs and promos) Winner

•Laura T

3 TM vs TA Packs

•Amos B

4 pack(1 ea) Target Promos in Pokemon Frame

•Aaron H

4 pack(1 ea) Target Promos

•Corey P

Another Absol

•Jared E

Mewtwo vs Mew Movie Poster

•Mike R

Banner

•Daniel M

10- Top 7

1)Arron S
2)Corey P
3)Benjamin R
4)Bradley R
5)Laura T
6)Evan M
7)Jonathan T

11-14 Top 8

1)Alex S
2)Matthew L
3t)Kyle M
3t)Adam S
5)Benjamin V
6)Mike R
7)Jared E
8)Valerie S

15+ Top 8

1)Brandon S
2)Emily K
3t)Chris B
3t)Dave R
5)Scott P
6)Ian S
7)Javier S
8)Victoria A

Overall Results

1)Brandon S
2)Alex S
3)Emily K
4)Chris B
5)Dave R
6)Arron S
7)Matthew L
8)Scott P
9)Corey P
10Ian S
11)Kyle M
12)Adam S
13)Benjamin R
14)Javier S
15)Benjamin V
16)Victoria A
17)Mike R
18)Jared E
19)Paul R
20)Valerie S
21)Mike P
22)Aaron H
23)Jonathan C
24)Brett M
25)Mark W
26)Amos B
27)Jacob J
28)Richard T
29)Ricky M
30)Koy V
31)Bradley R
32)Kim V
33)Joshua A
34)Timothy F
35)Laura T
36)Evan M
37)Ryan L
38)John A
39)Daniel F
40)Jeff V
41)Chris H
42)Jeremy B
43)Daniel M
44)Laura K
45)Megan P
46)Chris W
47)Robin M
48)Ronald F
49)Jonathan T
50-54: Dropped)Garet F,Shaun C,James W,Luke R,Steven D

Props

•Comic World for letting us have a place to have some Pokemon fun!
•Brian(HJ) and Luke(J) for the great judging and helping!
•Wendy for her help and support(and MAJOR props for going back home and getting the camera that this slacker forgot...)
•Everyone for the sportsmanship!
•Props and thanx to whomever I`ve forgotten(zzzzz....)

Slops

•Nothing much!

Sensei
03/14/2004, 09:36 PM
Oops,how could I forget a link to the pics...0-o

Stafford,Va Prerelease pics (http://community.webshots.com/user/sensei_tc-date)

Adv1sor
03/15/2004, 04:13 AM
Thanks again 'Sensei for another great event.

You are the very best TO I have ever seen.

My thanks too to Brian, Luke, and Wendy for all their help.

Looking forward to States!

Pokeplayer
03/15/2004, 11:23 AM
As always Sensei a class act.....

Pokeplayer

Chris Pak
03/15/2004, 12:25 PM
Im glad everyone did well and had fun.Too bad i couldn't come :( and too bad Mike didn't win. Well anyways, Sensei how about having some local tournements at Comic World or at Game Palor? So that we can get ready for the State Championships. Just like how you did for the CCs? And hopefully it's on saturdays. It might be a good idea. It really helped me get ready for the CCs. And kids and adults can get the ards they need for there decks. And again I'm glad everyone had fun.

TrueGamerX
03/15/2004, 12:27 PM
I agree with Chris. Me and Robin would like to work our decks up for the States.

Sensei
03/15/2004, 03:01 PM
Thank you very much guys.Definately can`t wait for States!

We now hit a stretch where we can have a breather.Seems like its been CC after CC(actually 3 CC`s...) after Prerelease after Prerelease.Whew,it`s been tiring but fun!I was going to get League settled down to regular play again but I can hold a local tournament in the near future(or more after a few weeks).Dave suggested a TMTA booster draft and I think thats a great idea.I`ll give everyone a heads up when I decide to run it(probably within the next week or two and I will sanction it!).

Chris,I was wondering where you and Sean were.We all missed you guys and hope you two can make it to States!I mean,I have to add to local crazy escapee pic collection after all! :lol: :D ;)

I`ll keep everyone posted in the near future.

`Sensei

Chris Pak
03/15/2004, 03:44 PM
LOL Thanks Sensei. I would have been bored to death with out any events and it better not on sun. lol. I was wondering if ou live around in Woodbridge, how about helping me, Mike, and Sean to start a league around here? And couple of tournements? We have an idea for a place. Game Palor, maybe you've heard of it? Well, we haven't heard anything from Sean lately. Don't know why. Maybe it's school, etc. Anyways, I was glad to here that you might start some tournaments again and hopefully I'll able to get my rankings up :D And if you to talk to me about stuff, IM me at CDPak007

TheCrossFormatKid
03/15/2004, 03:59 PM
Wasn't able to get a ride, and the IB programme is really getting tough. Wish i coulda gone, but sleep is good :-[

Sensei
03/16/2004, 04:28 PM
Ahhhh,so Sean was doing a Luke impersonation?So should we call him SleepingBagSean? :D lol

Game Parlor is a very nice store.I just have everything going in Stafford and I want to remain loyal to the store that I`ve been with for the last 4 years.As for help,we can see what we can do.We can all discuss it next time you guys are down.You guys coming down this Saturday?I may run something,but just haven`t decided yet.I`ll keep everyone posted.We can always run a small tournament as well if there are enough people that would want to while doing league and I can sanction it as well.

Next time I`m on aim,I`ll IM you Chris.

`Sensei

Chris Pak
03/16/2004, 05:25 PM
Sorrysensei i cant come this saturday. i got to go to this tae kwon do tournament but hopefully i might go to the comic world next sat. maybe mike or sesan could go dont know well wish me luck and see ya when ever

Sensei
03/20/2004, 05:49 AM
If enough people want,I`ll throw a mini tournament and sanction it at today`s League.I could also do a booster draft if enough people can do it although I`m thinking of definately doing a TM/TA booster draft/tourney for next Saturday unless the majority of players want something else.

`sensei

Kirblar
03/21/2004, 04:39 PM
How would the draft tourney be run? I've had good experiences in the past with 5 pack rochester drafts. They're slow, but a lot of fun. Valerie and I might be able to come down and check it out.

Adv1sor
03/22/2004, 05:38 AM
It is my impression that most of the players in Stafford have little drafting experience.

While the Rochester format is a lot of fun, I would suggest a simple booster draft for this first try.

The POP rules for a booster draft can be found here:
http://www.pojo.com/pokemon/rules/popboosterdraft.html

One of the main problems I anticipate is keeping the group orderly and quiet during the draft.

Still, I am very much looking forward to playing this Saturday!

Sensei
03/22/2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the link Dave and you can also get it right form the source (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/tournament_rules.html). I have to agree with you about the booster draft and I`ll add that we also want to run within the 10am-2pm League timeframe(it doesn`t matter if we run a tad over though).Rochester is too long and a bit far for most of the kids.We`ll stick to a fun booster draft!:)

Glad that you guys will be there and I hope Ian(?) and Val can make it as well.I`ll be posting a thread shortly.

`Sensei