PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Prerelease

PTE_Karl
03/02/2004, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone,

We are excited for this weekend's EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua Prerelease in LA. ChrisBo will be returning as the HJ for the event. We are at the same location as last prerelease. Full details about the event can be found at www.ptegames.com -- check it out!

All of the prizes (amounts) are the same as last prerelease. We have a nifty (secret) promo card -- I guarantee you will love it. In addition, we will have random drawings each round for boosters, a door prize drawing for another special (quasi secret) something, and lots of fun.

Come and bring your friends; introduce them to Pokemon--this is a great event to show them new cards and get them into tournament play.

You'all have a good week--see you on Saturday.

Pokeplayer
03/03/2004, 10:55 AM
Gee...

I wonder what the quasi secret door prize something could be?????

Pokeplayer
PTO Wa State

cattdreams
03/03/2004, 12:41 PM
Gee...

I wonder what the quasi secret door prize something could be?????

win a date with chrisbo

bulbasnore
03/03/2004, 06:41 PM
Come and bring your friends; introduce them to Pokemon--this is a great event to show them new cards and get them into tournament play.

I'll be there and should have a full van. Our group is so amped about this release! We'll be bringing some folks that haven't been to a pre-release before.

Also, if you guys/gals are experienced players and haven't been around for a while, come on down! The game is gaining momentum and you won't be disappointed by one of Karl's events -- he & his troops are good at organizing, know the tools & our game. They work well with the local profs, so you know there won't be any funky rulings.

PTE_Karl
03/03/2004, 07:41 PM
Well...all of the rulings will be superb because the king himself, ChrisBo, is the HJ. There is a lot of excitement about this prerelease set! We should have lots of fun this Saturday. Unfortunately, since ChrisBo is HJ and married and sporting a Pokemon-daughter, he probably won't be available for a date...but...I'll let ChrisBo reply himself ;).

See you'all LAites and SDites on Saturday!

I'll be there and should have a full van. Our group is so amped about this release! We'll be bringing some folks that haven't been to a pre-release before.

Also, if you guys/gals are experienced players and haven't been around for a while, come on down! The game is gaining momentum and you won't be disappointed by one of Karl's events -- he & his troops are good at organizing, know the tools & our game. They work well with the local profs, so you know there won't be any funky rulings.

Maverick Hunter Zero
03/03/2004, 09:20 PM
Yes.

I shall be bringing people as well. Although, I was sick during the last Prerelease in Costa Mesa, the Dragon one, how big is this place that it's usually held at?

Water Pokemon Master
03/04/2004, 03:44 PM
I shall be there and I can't wait to use those Aqua Pokemon. Hopefully, I will have better luck this time compared to my horrible luck last week. Since I have had not so much hard homework this week, I am pretty happy, and thinking about this pre-release is making me so excited. I can't wait to try out this set too. From reading Nick15's spoilers briefly, it looks like the Pokemon are pretty tough. I can't wait to try them out.

Must....see....Aqua....Pokemon....

Chrisbo
03/04/2004, 06:45 PM
win a date with chrisbo Dude, what are you trying to do, scare people away from coming? :eek: / :lol:

The meeting room is large enough to hold plenty of people; quite a bit larger than the Fountain Valley Library, but not quite as large as the one we used for the San Diego Ruby/Sapphire Challenge event. Last time we had to run about 6-7 games in a side room, but it's got a translucent ceiling that let's lots of light in.

Here's a MapQuest map to help everyone with directions to the place:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=2642+Newport+Blvd&city=Costa+Mesa&state=CA&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

See ya there,
- CHRISBO

Water Pokemon Master
03/04/2004, 06:53 PM
Do you need help? I can come early this time.

bulbasnore
03/04/2004, 07:28 PM
I shall be bringing people as well.

Right on. Quite a nice spot actually. Last time they had some gameboy/gamecube contests as well, which is also pretty cool.

cattdreams
03/05/2004, 11:15 AM
lets hope they dont forget to bring the universal remote!

Warbuzz
03/05/2004, 11:18 AM
Me and TrEkIeV are gonna gather up our troops. Lets see how many come this time around.

bulbasnore
03/05/2004, 06:07 PM
Do we need a remote control, seriously? I have a universal one and might even be able to dig up the directions.

We have some guys coming over tonite to work on decks (for later in the month) and to strategize with the partial spoilers from Nick15.

We expect to have Aaron B, lookinforwailordex, korythatsrightmare, Gabe, Patrick & Marshtstomp for tomorrow. Plus me that is 7 -- full van if noone bails. It is going to be a very cool event!

Chrisbo
03/05/2004, 07:22 PM
ATTENTION!! We need a GameCube donor!!! If anyone can bring a GameCube for use at the event, I would really appreciate it. If you do not have the GBA-Player adapter for it do not worry; we mostly just need the main unit, power supply, and one or more controllers. Please see me or Karl during registration.

P.S. I think Karl is bringing a universal remote for the TV, but please bring an extra one for backup, just in case.

Thanks,
- CHRISBO

WeileMom
03/05/2004, 07:32 PM
We're going to be there tomorrow and I'll bring our Gamecube too. We don't have the GB Player but we do have 4 controllers and the rest.
See you tomorrow!
---Nicole
WeileMom
PS- on the constructed side event, is it Unlimited or Modified format??? The website lists both.

ATTENTION!! We need a GameCube donor!!! If anyone can bring a GameCube for use at the event, I would really appreciate it. If you do not have the GBA-Player adapter for it do not worry; we mostly just need the main unit, power supply, and one or more controllers. Please see me or Karl during registration.

P.S. I think Karl is bringing a universal remote for the TV, but please bring an extra one for backup, just in case.

Thanks,
- CHRISBO

Maverick Hunter Zero
03/05/2004, 08:23 PM
I can bring the gameboy player, and the software for it. (And any other GCN stuff that might be needed)

Water Pokemon Master
03/05/2004, 08:24 PM
and I can bring a backup Gamecube incase something happens. :)

SD PokeMom
03/05/2004, 08:26 PM
By chance, will we be able to dl Jirachi?

'mom

Water Pokemon Master
03/05/2004, 08:29 PM
If someone has the bonus disk and GBA-Gamecube connector, we can do a download for everyone, which would be cool since some of us can't get the bonus disk. It would also be cool to see the Jirachi movie preview.

WeileMom
03/05/2004, 08:33 PM
By chance, will we be able to dl Jirachi?

'mom

OOOO... We can bring that too, though I think they may already be planning to download it to everyone. It includes the patch after all (info on Pokemon website). I'll bring the disk though, just in case.
Are you guys going to be there Doreen??!! Yea!
I don't know if GBA link cables are needed but we only have one, so someone else may want to bring theirs too, for GB battles on the TV.
---Nicole
WeileMom

PS One other thing...does anyone know if Jirachi is allowed for the GBA battle event?? Ashley has built hers up and would like to use it.

lookinforwailordex
03/07/2004, 12:26 PM
OOOO... We can bring that too, though I think they may already be planning to download it to everyone. It includes the patch after all (info on Pokemon website). I'll bring the disk though, just in case.
Are you guys going to be there Doreen??!! Yea!
I don't know if GBA link cables are needed but we only have one, so someone else may want to bring theirs too, for GB battles on the TV.
---Nicole
WeileMom

PS One other thing...does anyone know if Jirachi is allowed for the GBA battle event?? Ashley has built hers up and would like to use it.

i came with bulbasnore and marshtomp and the aaron,gabe,and kory it was fun me and marshtomp were some of the people who got packs aqua rules el segundo places in another tourny this is so cool the prerelease was awsome i wanted a absol so bad though but havt to trade for one thanks crissbo and bulbasnore for taking me

Water Pokemon Master
03/07/2004, 12:53 PM
I have a Wailord ex. :)

The tournament was the funnest one as of yet! There were so many cool things to do, and I had a really great time. The only downside to this tourny was that I lost my holo Aqua's Walrein. :( Otherwise, from what I saw, everything went smoothly, and that is thanks to all the adults who ran and managed the event. I hope that the next pre-release is exactly like this one or even better, except with a different set. :)

bulbasnore
03/07/2004, 10:21 PM
I hope that the next pre-release is exactly like this one or even better, except with a different set. :)

Actually, the next event is in San Diego on the 13th -- same set though!

This was a fairly large event -- I hope we get a count from Karl or Chris -- I think there were 66 before they added another table.

After you folks check out the TMvTA scans at Pokebeach, you can see some event pix I have up at the Second City Gym (http://www.cary.cx/2CG/2004March6tmvtapr/tmvtapr.html) that show a few people (mostly the group from our van) at the event. As you can see we had a great time.

Thanks Chris & Karl!

WeileMom
03/07/2004, 10:43 PM
I believe the final count was 67. I woke up with a Pokemon hangover this morning we had so much fun! The event was HUGE. Thanks again to Karl and Chris for putting on such a great event! And, once again, a great group of Pokemon players made the event run smoothly.
---Nicole
WeileMom@aol.com

Water Pokemon Master
03/07/2004, 11:01 PM
Nice pictures! I am in a few of them and so are my brothers. How cool.

Also, thanks for reminding me. I have a few photos I took too that I need to upload.

*uploads and creates page*

Okay, I just threw all the pics on to one page, so it may take a few minutes to load:
http://thepokebeach.cjb.net/photos/exmagmaaquatournycostamesa/pictures.html

lookinforwailordex
03/09/2004, 04:55 PM
Nice pictures! I am in a few of them and so are my brothers. How cool.

Also, thanks for reminding me. I have a few photos I took too that I need to upload.

Okay, I just threw all the pics on to one page, so it may take a few minutes to load:

those are some cool pics thank you crisbo and karl

SD PokeMom
03/09/2004, 04:58 PM
*taps foot impatiently* Ummm...where are the results? ;)

See everyone in SD on Saturday...

'mom

bulbasnore
03/09/2004, 05:36 PM
Nice pictures!

Good job man. What a great event!

PTE_Karl
03/10/2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone for attending and making LA such a great event! The total player count was 67, up from the last release's high of 57. Mucho, mucho thanks to HJ ChrisBo, judge Mark, and staff extraordinaire Nicole and my son Ben. We all had a good time and were pleased that everything ran ok and that all the players had lots of fun and enjoyed the matches, promo cards, and boxtoppers. Thanks also to Bulbasnore and Water Pokemon Master for the picture galleries--I, um, have to hid my head because my pics are still getting developed. I guess I need to invest into a digital camera!

You'all have a good week. And if you want more Pokemon action, come to San Diego--HJ Doreen, judges ChrisBo and Kim, along with staff Bob, Nicole, and Phillip will be happy to greet you and bring even more fun and excitement into your weekend. Again, thanks everyone.