PDA

View Full Version : Memphis, TN Gym Challenge May 15th

meganium45
04/05/2004, 09:41 PM
Hey, one good post deserves another!!!

How about a 2nd chance for all you power TN players (and neighboring states) to have a chance to win a trip to Worlds???

GYM CHALLENGE at TRIPLE PLAY in MEMPHIS, TN

When: May 15th, 2004 Registration starts at 10:30 am
Where: Triple Play 2882 Wolfcreek Parkway, Memphis, TN

How much: $10.00 entry

Prizes::: TO BE ANNOUNCED, but top player in each age division wins an Invitation to Worlds, with travel and hotel!!! WOW WOW WOW!

Format -

Swiss rounds - at least 5, one game, 30 minutes, then cut to top of each division, for single elimination, 2 out of 3, 1 hour time limits to decide the champion!

VIP BONUSES - If you are a VIP (City, State or Gym Challenge Champion) come, play and get $5.00 off of your entry fee!!!! Special table privelidges, and more!!!!

Other fun throughout the day, and as always - BIG prize for the only swiss undefeated, untied player...
TO BE ANNOUNCED, but it will be huge!!!!

Come join the fun, and have a chance to win a trip to worlds to compete for your share of the $100,000 in scholarship money and other great prizes!

Meganium45

Prof Clay
04/06/2004, 08:11 AM
Whew!.. . I got a bit nervous there for a bit. I was wondering if we had been misinformed about the Gym Challenge in Memphis. Now Taylor and I are even more excited....2 Gym Challenges in TN. We will be at both. 2x the chance for a trip to World's. What a great deal!

Hey, one good post deserves another!!!

How about a 2nd chance for all you power TN players (and neighboring states) to have a chance to win a trip to Worlds???

GYM CHALLENGE at TRIPLE PLAY in MEMPHIS, TN

When: May 15th, 2004 Registration starts at 10:30 am
Where: Triple Play 2882 Wolfcreek Parkway, Memphis, TN

How much: $10.00 entry

Prizes::: TO BE ANNOUNCED, but top player in each age division wins an Invitation to Worlds, with travel and hotel!!! WOW WOW WOW!

Format -

Swiss rounds - at least 5, one game, 30 minutes, then cut to top of each division, for single elimination, 2 out of 3, 1 hour time limits to decide the champion!

VIP BONUSES - If you are a VIP (City, State or Gym Challenge Champion) come, play and get $5.00 off of your entry fee!!!! Special table privelidges, and more!!!!

Other fun throughout the day, and as always - BIG prize for the only swiss undefeated, untied player...
TO BE ANNOUNCED, but it will be huge!!!!

Come join the fun, and have a chance to win a trip to worlds to compete for your share of the $100,000 in scholarship money and other great prizes!

Meganium45

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/06/2004, 08:24 AM
this will be interesting...... Mr. Scott will be off school and might be in the HIZZOUSE!!!!

oh you never know, you never know..... w00t w00t!!

ultimate_healer
04/06/2004, 06:05 PM
Well me already living in Nashville i guess i can probably make it to my home town of Memphis for this one. Should be fun and exciting to see all the regualr faces.

ColdCoates90
04/07/2004, 05:56 PM
Well me already living in Nashville i guess i can probably make it to my home town of Memphis for this one. Should be fun and exciting to see all the regualr faces.
Never knew you used to live in Memphis. See you all there! Btw Poke_Dad, I pmed ya.

ultimate_healer
04/07/2004, 07:01 PM
born and raised in Memphis for 7 years. Anyways, its official, i will be going to this unless something major comes up.

nikePK
04/09/2004, 08:21 AM
i took off, so i should be there...

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/14/2004, 10:35 AM
bring it on pat, bring it on.... lol

nikePK
04/14/2004, 03:46 PM
you're coming scott? AUGH!!! My free trip is foiled!

Lol, j/k. It's gonna be some good competition down there, gl to everyone.... too bad there's still a stinking month between now and the tournament time...

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/14/2004, 04:24 PM
well pat.... i THINK that i'm going, but i'm not sure

nikePK
04/26/2004, 04:44 PM
only about 3 weeks left ^_^ Hope we get a good turnout, and I hope that my little ol' car can make another 3 hour trip lol. Maybe my parents will let me take theirs...

Still needing one more card for my deck... once i get that I'm set. We need a few more cards for my sis's deck, and she'll be ready too.

Can't wait for another great premier event... especially with such high stakes!

swanton1717
04/26/2004, 06:57 PM
Hmm I thought i posted on this topic, oh well. I'll be there ^_^

~Colin

meganium45
04/27/2004, 08:14 AM
I will be there! I will beat you all! BWAAHAAHAAA!!!

Noone will be able to TOUCH my deck!!! I rule!!!

Oh, wait, I have to run the thing....one less player to fear...

Can't wait to see you all there....TIME IS FLYING!!!!

Meganium45

SceptileEx+MukEx=bablow
04/29/2004, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=meganium45]I will be there!

Vince this is anthony and i was just wanting to know if u know anyone with an open set that is goin because i need a ride

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/30/2004, 06:35 PM
d'oh, scratch my previous post.......... got a little more important party to attend to

sorry vince

nikePK
05/02/2004, 07:19 AM
scott.... a Party more important than Pokemon? WHOWHAT!!!!!??? Well, alrighty... less competition for the rest of us then.

ColdCoates90
05/02/2004, 03:59 PM
Will there be any side events?I pmed you again Poke_Dad

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/02/2004, 05:01 PM
scott.... a Party more important than Pokemon? WHOWHAT!!!!!??? Well, alrighty... less competition for the rest of us then.

i know pat, it's tough to believe, but a going away party for my bro-in-law going to iraq seems a little more important than another tourney... :D

swanton1717
05/04/2004, 06:53 PM
Ya so like less then 2 weeks away. I'm getting a weeee bit nervous.

Also Newman, Anthony, and Ben are coming down. It'll be some tough competition, but definitly fun.

~Colin

SceptileEx+MukEx=bablow
05/04/2004, 07:20 PM
Ya so like less then 2 weeks away. I'm getting a weeee bit nervous.

Also Newman, Anthony, and Ben are coming down. It'll be some tough competition, but definitly fun.

~Colin

Ya im trying my hardest to jet down there hope i see everyone there :D

swanton1717
05/04/2004, 07:36 PM
Ya im trying my hardest to jet down there hope i see everyone there :D

I hope you have a great drive with Newman ;P

meganium45
05/05/2004, 07:44 AM
Pokedad, there will be side events, of course, TBA...

We will see what prize support we get for them, hopefully they will be free!

M45

Professor_Chris
05/10/2004, 12:17 AM
Looks like since I missed out at Nashville I'll be heading to Memphis, see you all there!

meganium45
05/10/2004, 08:04 AM
The WAR is ready to go....

Memphis is over, and Ultimate Healer and Little Duck Drew along with Chris's Brother won their trips to get out of the mess.

Meganium45 will be out of the playing field (although rumors abound that Scythking may be coming to play!)

This will be a HUGE field of GREAT players...

Cannot wait to see you all there...come on up MS, you know you want to!!!

Side events include (with support CHAW!)

after swiss rounds - Modified and Unlimited constructed tourney

after finals rounds - Draft with Ruby/Sapphire and Sandstorm - $10.00 for 6 packs.

Meganium45

Prof Clay
05/10/2004, 08:37 AM
Dragonite-girl, me and the rest of Team Memphis will be defending our home turf this weekend. Those of you coming from out of town who are 10- and 11-15 better bring your A+ game, because we got some great kids who just narrowly missed out on their trips to worlds last weekend who can smell the Florida air already. Don't be surprised if I actually manage to give a challenge to you 15+ folks. I think I may have finally figured out how my deck works ;) .

Its gonna be tons of fun for everyone....Mom and Dad can go shopping at the mall if they are bored.

Come early for trading and practice.

and Vince... Starbucks is just across the street

meganium45
05/10/2004, 01:53 PM
Starbucks is there, but is there a Shoney's (3 meals in one day, WOOT!)

Yeah, and 15+ will be rocking with NEWMAN in the house, along with some other St. Louis players who have decided to "invade"....rumor has in Chatanooga will be sneaking over too (can't those people just drive to Florida??/ LOL)

Can't wait to see Nitia, Poke_dad, Dragonite_girl, Kevin W. (yeah, I had to mention him), DeMarion and the rest of the gang!!!

This is going to be my warm-up party for the South Stadium...trivia question, how many events can Nitia and Vince run at once???? Let's find out!!!!

This will be THE DAY for Pokemon in the near future!!!

M45

Professor_Chris
05/10/2004, 02:03 PM
So...this mean you -can- wait to see me? Gee, don't I feel loved? Just because I beat you in the semi-finals... ;) Personally, I was hoping the St. Louis players would choose to "invade" some other location... :p Make you a deal, you talk them out of it and if I win I'll come help judge the main tourney in Texas ^_~ j/k Should be a great tourny, and if I win, I'll probably head to Texas and help judge anyways (like heck I'm gonna miss that many Hidden Legends drafts if i can help it). I just wanna be able to help Richard out at the Mandeville Gym Challenge. But if I dun get a trip this time, looks like I'll have to try at Mandeville ^.^; Anyways, I can't wait for this tourney, it should be awesome! *continues to count down the hours*

swanton1717
05/10/2004, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what I'll be playing, but I WILL be playing. I will be amused if all of us Missourians take everything ;P As we have someone in each division playing.

BTW Vine I am making an uberly cool CD to listen to on the way there. Also who's riding up with us? Just Zak or someone else? Its about time Andrew wins something before Zak ;P Tell him Congrats for me. I haven't been on a trip for so long with Zak, it will be fun fun fun ^_^

~Colin

ultimate_healer
05/10/2004, 03:09 PM
well rumor has it that Big Skillet(ME) could be coming down to judge. Yeah thats right not to play but to judge. Hope to see you all there.

ColdCoates90
05/10/2004, 05:29 PM
As we have someone in each division playing.Can you give me any idea of what the 11-14 players from St.Louis will be playing in Memphis? Only 5 more days to the tournament!

Professor_Chris
05/10/2004, 05:34 PM
While your at it tell us what the 15+ St. Louis players will be playing ^_~

Prof Clay
05/10/2004, 09:04 PM
I can honestly say that the only 15+ player from Memphis that I know for sure will be playing GardyEX. Hopefully I can learn how its run by Saturday. I am soooo confident in my meager skills, I will tell the world what I am playing.

(Now if I can just figure out a way to keep all the other 15+ players from showing up.........)

nikePK
05/10/2004, 09:12 PM
I know I'm playing turbo Skyridge Dunsparce.

swanton1717
05/10/2004, 09:29 PM
I know I'm playing turbo Skyridge Dunsparce.

Aren't we all ;P

BTW I dont think the 11-14 really want me to share, but there will be at least 1 BAR deck. 15+ I have no idea X\

~Colin

nikePK
05/11/2004, 08:39 AM
I've changed my mind. I'm gonna build a BAR. And by 'BAR,' I mean Breloom/Ariados/Ralts. Its UNSTOPPABLE!

meganium45
05/11/2004, 09:24 AM
Dude, you really need to try to use Raticate instaead of Ralts, much quicker to power up, and hits RAY really hard.

Second, Breloom should be replaced by Blissey. Yet another item to kill Ray, and let's face it, she's a fat big egg.

Third, GO AIPOM - you know the glove tailed monkey - yes - strong against Ray again, that's all any of us are worried about anyway, right???

So, the Anti BAR is BAR - Blissey, Aipom, Raticate....will definitely be an UNDEFEATED DECK!!!

M45

FuriousZangoose
05/11/2004, 12:41 PM
Well Im definiteley going (Curtesy of NEWMAN)!! Hey Colin who's BAR deck are you speaking of huh??? well see yea all at GG/ Memphis.

32_Ben

nikePK
05/11/2004, 01:41 PM
Lol, Vince =P

meganium45
05/11/2004, 03:26 PM
OK, we sure are hearing a lot of St. Louis players coming...anyone else???

M45 - Note - any St. Louis players needing transport to the event, please LMK, we may have room to squeeze one or 2 of you in still!!!

M45

Professor_Chris
05/11/2004, 08:48 PM
OK, we sure are hearing a lot of St. Louis players coming...anyone else???

M45 - Note - any St. Louis players needing transport to the event, please LMK, we may have room to squeeze one or 2 of you in still!!!

M45
Hope that means they have to be small for you to squeeze them in (i.e. 10- or maybe younge 11-14) ^_~ I'll be coming, so will my brother and probably two others in his age category...unfortunately (riiiight) people in my age category have to work or just can't come.

Scizorkid
05/12/2004, 03:08 PM
if my mom will let me go i might just go down who knows what shell say i ham hoping so Ps. i am in 11-14

yours truly,
~rachel

meganium45
05/12/2004, 04:49 PM
IN THE END THERE CAN BE ONLY 1 (in each age division)

WHO WILL BE THE MEMPHIS HIGHLANDER...we all have our picks and our favorites.

Will TN hold on to its invites, or will the invading players from KY, MO, AK, MS, and IL come to take their fun away???

Will the SCYTHKING come and rear his playing head this weekend??

Will be EVER be done with side events???

Who will win...who can know? ONE THING IS FOR SURE...YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Will Zak come down to make it two in the family?? Will Taylor claim her top prize? Will Kevin and Demarion and Chris avenge their final match losses from Nashville, or will fate frown upon them once again???

How many states will show up?? Over/under is 6 (TN, KY, MO, IL, MS, AK)

Who will be the master for a day, who Pokemon flies away?

Will EVERYONE be playing Blaziken EX (um, no)?

Will ANYONE be playing Blaziken EX (um, yes)

Will ANYONE be playing Aipom (um, no)

Will ANYONE be playing Wobbuffet (um, uh, goodness I hope so)

Which will be bigger, Dragonite or Pikachu? (Pikachu)

Will there be an ELITE door prize for an undefeated, untied, swiss winner? (um, probably)

Will it be as big as the prize for winning a division? (Um, no)

If we have 16 in each age division, will they only have to play each other? Um, yeah.

Will we be using the TMS software? We will see

Will Meganium45 be there, making it a GREAT FUN EVENT!!! I hope so! (yes I will)

See you ALL THERE - or be some form of 2-D Cube!! <Scotty, we will see you in St. Louis, some things are STILL more important that Pokemon>

M45

ultimate_healer
05/12/2004, 05:13 PM
Another question is, will i be there to judge. It all depends on if i can get a ride or not. Right now it looks as if i won't be getting one but you never know. I might just be able to get one. We will just have to wait and see.

swanton1717
05/12/2004, 05:18 PM
IN THE END THERE CAN BE ONLY 1 (in each age division)

WHO WILL BE THE MEMPHIS HIGHLANDER...we all have our picks and our favorites.

Will TN hold on to its invites, or will the invading players from KY, MO, AK, MS, and IL come to take their fun away???

Will the SCYTHKING come and rear his playing head this weekend??

Will be EVER be done with side events???

Who will win...who can know? ONE THING IS FOR SURE...YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Will Zak come down to make it two in the family?? Will Taylor claim her top prize? Will Kevin and Demarion and Chris avenge their final match losses from Nashville, or will fate frown upon them once again???

How many states will show up?? Over/under is 6 (TN, KY, MO, IL, MS, AK)

Who will be the master for a day, who Pokemon flies away?

Will EVERYONE be playing Blaziken EX (um, no)?

Will ANYONE be playing Blaziken EX (um, yes)

Will ANYONE be playing Aipom (um, no)

Will ANYONE be playing Wobbuffet (um, uh, goodness I hope so)

Which will be bigger, Dragonite or Pikachu? (Pikachu)

Will there be an ELITE door prize for an undefeated, untied, swiss winner? (um, probably)

Will it be as big as the prize for winning a division? (Um, no)

If we have 16 in each age division, will they only have to play each other? Um, yeah.

Will we be using the TMS software? We will see

Will Meganium45 be there, making it a GREAT FUN EVENT!!! I hope so! (yes I will)

See you ALL THERE - or be some form of 2-D Cube!! <Scotty, we will see you in St. Louis, some things are STILL more important that Pokemon>

M45

Lol all these questions are getting me hyped up X\

~Colin

Professor_Chris
05/12/2004, 09:47 PM
Lol all these questions are getting me hyped up X\

~Colin
Same here XD Can't wait.

nikePK
05/13/2004, 08:38 AM
But I AM playing Aipom!

Mew
05/13/2004, 04:27 PM
I am going to be in Memphis.Of coarse I live there.And I have to redeam myself from loseing to Mr. Vince
in Nashville.

P.S. I Am the Sceptile Runner.

meganium45
05/13/2004, 04:36 PM
Chaw, Suicune found your deck "sceptilicious"

I will have time /I hope/ to get in some practice, but as the white rabbit said...

Much to do! Much to do!!

I'm Late! I'm Late!! I'm Late!!!

No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

M45

meganium45
05/14/2004, 09:10 AM
The invasion fleet is armed and ready from Missouri - at least 9 players confirmed, with Zak praying for rain!

The good news is, the majority are 11-14 and 15+ and SCIZORKID will be in the mix!!!

Chaw Woot!!! Assistant Gym Leader will be 'trippin'

See you all tonight!! and at the event tomm.

M45

Professor_Chris
05/14/2004, 09:49 AM
Yes...good news...for who? XD We'll be leaving around 3ish and we'll be spending the night up at my Great Aunt's in Southaven so we'll be nice and refreshed in the morning. ^_^ We'll make sure to give ya'll a run fer yer money. ^__^

Prof Clay
05/14/2004, 11:47 AM
Looks like Zak will have his prayers answered..Its been raining here for 2 days and possibly more on Saturday. Niesha has the store set up and ready to go. She even moved the big racing video game out of the way to make room for the crowd.

Gonna be fun,

Til tomorrow,

ColdCoates90
05/14/2004, 02:34 PM
Looks like Zak will have his prayers answered..Its been raining here for 2 days and possibly more on Saturday. Niesha has the store set up and ready to go. She even moved the big racing video game out of the way to make room for the crowd.

Gonna be fun,

Til tomorrow,
Lol I was also wanting it to rain.(Just to lessen the competion. ;) )

I'll see you all there tomorrow!

nikePK
05/14/2004, 09:36 PM
Grrr, it ALWAYS rains whenever there is a tourney I have to go to. Whether on the trip back or the way up =|

Anyway, i'm psyched. Not to much longer, hopefully I make it there safely lol. CYA ALL THERE!