PDA

View Full Version : South Stadium Challenge July 10, 2004 Arlington Texas FREE FIGURES - TORCHIC PROMOS!!

meganium45
04/06/2004, 08:50 AM
Whew, It's Hotter Down South!!!!

The first Stadium Challenge has been approved!

When: July 10, 2004

Where: Arlington Convention Center - WOW What a VENUE!!!!

Registration begins at 10:00 a.m., play will begin at 11:30

Cost: $10.00

What is at stake? Trips to worlds, invites to worlds, personal pride???

Who is coming...WOW

You have - running this event - Meganium45 and Master Professor Birch!!!

Head Judges for each division

11-14 Chad Young a/k/a Psyduck - Missouri State Champion
15+ Scott Holder a/k/a Bigpoppabeatdown - St. Louis City Champ, MO runner up!
10- To be announced - perhaps the best surprise of all!!!!!

After round 5 (for any drops), we will begin 2 tourneys (both sanctioned, if 8 participants), Unlimited Constructed Tourney #1 and Modified Constructed Tourney #1.

20 minutes after the swiss rounds, and during the elimination rounds, we will begin the next wave of side events including....GBA Tourney #1, Unlimited Constructed Tourney #2, and Ruby/Sapphire/Sandstorm Draft #1 ($9.00 for 6 packs), and Hidden Legends Draft #1 ($15.00 for 6 packs).

20 minutes after the elimination rounds are concluded we will begin the next wave of side events, which will include....GBA Tourney #2, Unlimited Constructed Tourney #3, Modified Constructed Tourney #2, Ruby/Sapphire/Sandstorm Draft #2($9.00 for 6 packs), and Hidden Legends Rochester Champions Draft #1 ($15.00 for 6 packs).

This should take us until close to close (midnight, but anyone who is up to it can come back to the hotel for a LATE NIGHT DRAFT of Hidden Legends, sanctioned if there are at least 8 poor unfortunate souls, ($12.00 for 6 packs) - a bargain for the NIGHT OWLS.

Oh, all the side events EXCEPT THE DRAFTS are FREE!!! Prize support, as given by PUSA for all events, including the GBA events!!!!

All side events containing at least 8 participants will be sanctioned and have prize support!

**NEW** All side events will have the European Torchic Holo (Pokeball) Promos as Bonus Promos!!!
WOW - COME MAKE YOUR DECKS SHINE!!!!

**NEW** The first 160 participants will get a free 2 inch Pokemon Figure, once they turn in their Decklists - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!!! WOW - MORE GREAT BONUSES!!!

Yes, and we will be playing WELL into the night - we have the room until the cows come home!!!!

There will be MUCH more information to come, but set your travel schedules. This will be an event NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!

Meganium45

Martin
04/06/2004, 11:59 AM
A real event in my home town. How Cute.

Yes, Pojo's Martin is still alive, but will he show up? Only time will tell..

Pokekid
04/06/2004, 03:18 PM
hey where did u get this info???

ultimate_healer
04/06/2004, 03:22 PM
oh there is no way im goin to make it. Npt after the last time i was in arlington(lost luggage).

TheCrossFormatKid
04/06/2004, 03:31 PM
South Stadium Challenge? Interesting, i was just expecting west/central/eastern stadium challenges...

Cyrus
04/06/2004, 03:53 PM
I am glad that Arlington was given the right to have the tournament down here! Meganium 45 is very knowledgeable, and Birch is one of the biggest Professors out here, organizing like, what? Five or six city championships? We may see some of Gilbert and Sam too, no?

I say good luck, good times, and good fun! Can't wait!

ShinAkuma
04/06/2004, 04:33 PM
yes i can't wait til this event happens . I will definately be there bright and early. To bad i won't be able to make it to Tx states in a couple of weeks :( . o well i have something else to look foward to also. :) see ya later . o yeah where did u get this info from as someone already asked ????..... :pokeball: :D

swanton1717
04/06/2004, 04:53 PM
Well he is the person in charge of it..so i would hope he would have the information X\

I will be there..playing or juding I dunno.

~Colin

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/06/2004, 05:10 PM
w00t w00t, you know that i'll be there....

let's have a good clean fight, no sucker punches, no hits below the belt....... WAIT! wrong event.... D'OH lol

HypnosProjectHQ
04/06/2004, 07:40 PM
I best hope for something a lil' bit closer... ;)

*Hopes Manitowoc or Niles has GIGANTIC tournout for States!*

meganium45
04/06/2004, 08:09 PM
As those have said before me, I have the information because I am the person in charge of the event with MPBirch.

Arlington Convention Center...should be big enough for all the Texas and Oklahoma players combined, not to mention all of the surrounding states that should be crashing in, for what should be THE Pokemon Party of the South!!!

More details as items emerge

Meganium45!!

TheDeuce
04/06/2004, 10:00 PM
"South Stadium Challenge"

Aha, I had assumed there would only be 3 SCs, but you using the word "south" (as opposed to "central") suggests that there will also be a North, East, and West, meaning that there's still hope that Chicago (or at least someplace close...) will get the "North" SC. :D

Anyway, there's an outside chance that I may come to this one, but very doubtful, I'd really like to though Meg45 is so great at running events...

Psyduck
04/07/2004, 01:38 AM
Wurd ^

I'll B there! d00d, it'z gonna B sooooooooooooooo tight...............

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/07/2004, 12:53 PM
IM shocked its in arlington. Its nice to see it in the great state of texas and if i get the money up i may take a 1 day trip there for the fun of competing in some of those drafts but i douht i will. I guess i gotta wait and see. :p

Sensei
04/07/2004, 12:55 PM

The first? Are you so sure of that Vince?... ;) :D

Great to hear you guys got approved and good luck at your event!

`Sensei

Gym Leader Blaine
04/07/2004, 01:01 PM
hey where did u get this info???

He is the PTO running the tournament, so he should know it.

Gym Leader Blaine
04/07/2004, 01:03 PM

The first? Are you so sure of that Vince?... ;) :D

Great to hear you guys got approved and good luck at your event!

`Sensei

Sensei,

Maybe he ment the first Statdium Challenge info posted ;)

Gym Leader Blaine
04/07/2004, 01:08 PM
South Stadium Challenge? Interesting, i was just expecting west/central/eastern stadium challenges...

There is a South as it has been posted. There will also be a West and Eastern. The National at Origins is being counted at North from what I have heard. Just a little FYI for eveyone.

meganium45
04/07/2004, 01:26 PM
1st Posted, 1st approved, 1st greatest, whatever I need to say! I wish others who have been approved would post their info - NY or DC area, anyone, anyone????

I am still SO HYPED over this.

With Birch and I at the helm, and the support of the rest of the professors in the area, this will be the BIGGEST event yet, and therefore we have an obligation to make it the BEST!!!

I will be getting together with MPBirch, hopefully tonight to finalize more details, and spread the word more!!!

Talk to you all soon.

Meganium45

Gym Leader Blaine
04/07/2004, 01:36 PM
1st Posted, 1st approved, 1st greatest, whatever I need to say!

Congrates on beeing the first M45 :clap: :clap: :thumb:

I wish others who have been approved would post their info - NY or DC area, anyone, anyone????

:p Im sure it will happen soon enough ;)

GLB
:unknown-g :unknown-l :unknown-b

Sensei
04/07/2004, 01:39 PM
Just pickin` on ya Vince!;)

Yes,there will be a DC area(East Coast) Stadium Challenge!Laurel Chiat and I will be running it but we have been awaiting finalization of the venue and the date.That is why we haven`t posted any info as of yet.

As Nick says, Good times! :)

`Sensei

Xeno
04/07/2004, 06:56 PM
Wow, Arlington is around the Dallas area. It's too far away to be sure right now but I'm gonna try to make it there. Something tells me this is gonna be one of the bigger events!

NMScizor
04/07/2004, 07:01 PM
Wow, Arlington is around the Dallas area. It's too far away to be sure right now but I'm gonna try to make it there. Something tells me this is gonna be one of the bigger events!

big?........This event is going to be HUGE!

meganium45
04/08/2004, 01:10 PM
Meganium looks out from behind the trees (OK, a little Zuveresche)

Sees other Stadium Posts...all jumping on the bandwagon...

Meganium smiles as he realizes he has a place, he has a date, he has a time, his is set....

Sneaks back into the trees...

Meganium45

Oh, and by the way...

The Wyndham hotel (attached to the Convention Center) is doing Room Discounts for the Pokemon Group - like 33+% off for the 9th and the 10th...

Did I mention that there is Six Flags over Texas RIGHT THERE???

Did I mention that the TEXAS RANGERS play RIGHT THERE????

Great central location!!!

M45

RainbowRichards
04/08/2004, 01:17 PM
Hmmm, you're really going to have to stay on your toes to try be the BEST...(ducks for cover) cause we've got a star-studded cast of characters at the East Stadium Challenge (http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=5798)!!! :thumb:

Sensei
04/08/2004, 01:27 PM
[Tosses an egg in M45`s face]

Jumping on the bandwagon...feh. We were approved first.;)

J/k. These events are going to rock!Lets build up the excitement!!!

`Sensei

Gym Leader Blaine
04/08/2004, 01:45 PM

`Sensei

How do you know you were approved first for the event. Maybe M45 was for the South, maybe you were for the East or maybe the West was. Maybe the two of you can compair the times on the emails that you were sent saying you could run the event to know for sure :p Not like it matters it is just great that you guys are running them and Im sure you will put on a great tournament.

Sensei
04/08/2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah,who knows for sure.I was just picking on Vince. :p

Gym Leader Blaine
04/08/2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah,who knows for sure.I was just picking on Vince. :p

I know :p IM sure when M45 comes online he will be picking back ;)

Sensei
04/08/2004, 02:18 PM
I know :p IM sure when M45 comes online he will be picking back ;)

Probably.Thats the whole point and all the fun of it.;)

My apologies as we have gone off topic...:p

`Sensei

Gym Leader Blaine
04/08/2004, 02:21 PM
Probably.Thats the whole point and all the fun of it.;)

My apologies as we have gone off topic...:p

`Sensei

It looks like the 4 Stadium post are all a little off the topic already. Im sure once everything gets finalized with all of them, we will see new threads posting all the information.

Martin
04/08/2004, 03:06 PM
Okay Meganium, you're being a little TOO enthusiastic about this event. If anybody should be excited, it's me. I'm literally the only person in Arlington who even plays, not only that, but I work at the Six Flags that's next to the convention center. The place is a dump, and the Rangers are the worst team in the league. It makes no sense in 5 years of no events, A-town finally gets one. I'm most likely showing up to the event, but I got some Cali events to play in by the time it rolls around. So maybe not.

I'm currently in San Diego right now, where we got 2 GC's. What a deal. It would be great to meet you Meganium, I am aware you are a big part of the group that's really keeping this game going. Keep up the good work.

meganium45
04/09/2004, 03:51 PM
Hey Martin, if you win your trip, we may need a judge!!! PM me

Hope you can make it...

M45

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/09/2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah once nintendo gets all the stadiums up they will be straightened out and i bet some new post on the stadiums will be up to make a good fresh start to the stadium challenge forum :)

evilcaturne666
04/10/2004, 07:31 AM
only live an hour away. i will be there. and it will be nice to meet meganium 45 and all of u other good players that live in other states. i will be there most definatly

Cyrus
04/10/2004, 02:24 PM
I couldn't agree more, Ryan. Texas and OK are full of good players, but we've yet to see anything of other areas. This is going to be the best competition we've ever seen, and with Richard and Meganium running it, it's destined to be a success!

IvesRountree
04/11/2004, 03:32 AM
until the cows go home you say? hehe, anything can happen I guess... I have gone to the six flags that is near san diego, is that the one? been a while though, would not hurt to go again, and I have some unfinished business there... mainly at san antonio, but that is another story, this east vs west center or whatsoever is kinda three kingdoms story, so may the best Sima Yi conquer any of Zhuge Liang's plots. (ok, no more coca light(diet coke) for Ives at 5:25 in the morning without 2 days sleep, he is getting ready I guess) may all of the sc be something we are proud of telling our grandchildren about as our days have summed a number bigger than spam returns (I actually like spam) may the force be with you... with the exception of the police force... that is not a good thing.

Gym Leader Blaine
04/13/2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah once nintendo gets all the stadiums up they will be straightened out and i bet some new post on the stadiums will be up to make a good fresh start to the stadium challenge forum :)

That sounds like a good idea, once everything is locked down that I bet we will see fresh stadiums with all the info on the tournaments up.

Spectreon
04/14/2004, 02:59 PM
First, last... who cares.... I wil be there one way or the other....

Oh yeah.... my fave question... will there be a GBA tounrey.... I am fairly ok at these, and would like to know.... :D

And a side bonus Bigpoppabeatdown is comin.... yay.... The more the merrier... hope to see a great turn out, both from on these boards and off....

Bring it!!!

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/14/2004, 03:28 PM
:D i aim to please

IvesRountree
04/14/2004, 10:46 PM
Hey Martin, can you get us some discount tickets for six flags then? would be a waste to go there and not visit the six flags.

U bet this will be da bomb... ok I will leave the explosives at home.

Pablo
04/14/2004, 11:23 PM
yay spec, we will be able to finally battle in GBA ( if i do go) :)

-MuD

meganium45
04/15/2004, 07:27 AM
Yes, I believe we will have the SOUTHERN STADIUM CHALLENGE GB event!!!

Details to follow....

(Spectreon PM me)

M45

Gym Leader Blaine
04/15/2004, 08:03 AM
Yes, I believe we will have the SOUTHERN STADIUM CHALLENGE GB event!!!

Details to follow....

(Spectreon PM me)

M45

Wow, That is going to be crazy, hope you have enough link cables for everyone ;)

Spectreon
04/15/2004, 11:45 AM
Wow, That is going to be crazy, hope you have enough link cables for everyone
Lol.. hopefully if they dont, enough of us have spares..... this will be one giant GBA throw down I hope.... will be loads of fun.... oh yeah, and then theres that TCG tourney too.....

Pablo
04/15/2004, 12:05 PM
btw Meg45 and MP Brich, will there be side events other than the GBA tourney?

-MuD

FireFighter095ReBorn
04/15/2004, 12:48 PM
[Tosses an egg in M45`s face]

J/k. These events are going to rock!Lets build up the excitement!!!

`Sensei

Ok sensei *Starts throwing eggs and screams,EGG FIGHT* :D

I hope if the east is approved its close to you sensei so you can get it organized and ready. I know if anyone can make a gym challenge shine its you and your pokecrew. Good luck on getting the finlaization. I think if anything ill only be able to get to texas for a gym challenge but ill have to see what happens. Ill only be able to get to the east if i get a ride there. I will only get to the west if its in LA because if its in San Diego i wont be able to get back there

meganium45
04/15/2004, 12:50 PM
OK here is a TENTATIVE LIST of the Side Events for the South Stadium Challenge.

There will be NO side events going on before or during the main event until after round 5 is completed.

After round 5 (for any drops), we will begin 2 tourneys (both sanctioned, if 8 participants), Unlimited Constructed Tourney #1 and Modified Constructed Tourney #1.

20 minutes after the swiss rounds, and during the elimination rounds, we will begin the next wave of side events including....GBA Tourney #1, Unlimited Constructed Tourney #2, and Ruby/Sapphire/Sandstorm Draft #1 ($9.00 for 6 packs), and Hidden Legends Draft #1 ($15.00 for 6 packs).

20 minutes after the elimination rounds are concluded we will begin the next wave of side events, which will include....GBA Tourney #2, Unlimited Constructed Tourney #3, Modified Constructed Tourney #2, Ruby/Sapphire/Sandstorm Draft #2($9.00 for 6 packs), and Hidden Legends Rochester Champions Draft #1 ($15.00 for 6 packs).

This should take us until close to close (midnight, but anyone who is up to it can come back to the hotel for a LATE NIGHT DRAFT of Hidden Legends, sanctioned if there are at least 8 poor unfortunate souls, ($12.00 for 6 packs) - a bargain for the NIGHT OWLS.

Oh, all the side events EXCEPT THE DRAFTS are FREE!!! Prize support, as given by PUSA for all events, including the GBA events!!!!

All side events containing at least 8 participants will be sanctioned and have prize support!

Man, I hope the cows are home by the time the late night draft ends....

Sorry, no mutant drafts, or 2 on 2 until they are sanctioned. may have an area for "pickup" 2 on 2 games.

Meganium45

Cyrus
04/15/2004, 02:42 PM
Hmmm, now I know nothing could be positive, but when do you estimate the main event will end, Meganium?

Gym Leader Blaine
04/15/2004, 02:51 PM
WOW, M45 that is a ton of side events. Do you think you will have enough time and judge staff to run all of them?

Psyduck
04/15/2004, 03:38 PM
*puffs up chest*
I'll B there...so of course he'll have enough judging staff...:D

The staff part shouldn't B a problem; it's all the hair pulling that will complicate things. Hopefully this will B supa smooth...just lik3 our Stat3s Tourney.

Duck

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/15/2004, 04:20 PM
WOW, M45 that is a ton of side events. Do you think you will have enough time and judge staff to run all of them?

GLB- believe me, all u need is me and a bullwhip...... d'oh.....

NMScizor
04/15/2004, 04:44 PM
I will be there as well to help support the event in any way that I can. Thanks MP Birch for the invite.

IvesRountree
04/15/2004, 08:16 PM
And so will I, so be prepared for a real until Ives go home tournament... wait a sec... where have all the cows gone? hehe, there will be enough profs to do all that and more, beware of the karaoke survival tournament (shadowy figure aproaches Ives and whispers to his ear) WHAT?!!??!!? they cancelled it?!?!?!?!?!?! ok, will just have to go along that stadium thingie whatsoever.

SteveP
04/15/2004, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna come with my kid for a real road trip. Let's make this one bigger than either of the E/W Regions.

meganium45
04/16/2004, 06:58 AM
STEVE WILL BE THERE!!!

Cool, I love that we are already getting real support from all surrounding states, and we have 3 months to GO!!!!

That is a SERIOUS side event list. This is going to be the event that people walk away from going, jeesh, now THAT was a Pokemon event!!!

Just picked up one of the Who's that Pokemon Prizes cough**collesium**cough

and some door prizes....

I think the Side Event List is pretty comprehensive, and I am sure we will have the staff for it.

If anyone else has an event that they would like to see....post it here and we will see what we can do.

I am going to get cool, bizarre, trophies for some of the side events (wait until you see what the unlimited trophies are, I almost have them done!)...LET'S HAVE A BLAST!!!

Meganium45

SteveP
04/16/2004, 09:08 AM
yah, my older son (currently ranked #1) would be there with me, but he'll be working in Chicago that weekend. This was the one time he was hoping there'd be a Central Stadium in Chicago. Plus, he can't come to Worlds because he'll be at the Lord of the Rings TCG World Championship (his first love).

We'll see how many players from my area I can talk into going with me. I believe one of my adult buddies/rivals will probably be going with his two sons. Should be fun.

Pablo
04/16/2004, 09:23 AM
yah, my older son (currently ranked #1)
cut the showing off will ya?

Are all side events going to be swiss etc, with top 8 (if enough players) at best of 3 matches?

-MuD

~Blazi-King~
04/16/2004, 09:26 AM
We'll be there too...:) No Doubt

SteveP
04/16/2004, 11:53 AM
cut the showing off will ya?

yah, I know. I look forward to meeting some of you from south of the border.

meganium45
04/16/2004, 12:54 PM
Someone could mention their sons being the top players, but won't.....

The side events will be different styles.

Swiss for most, but best of 1 game matches. I want people to be able to do both waves of side events if they want to, even 3 waves if they drop the main event.

I will give exact details via a weblink update as they are finalized.

Goodness knows there will be enough to keep EVERYONE busy!!!!

Off to TN! To Scythkings State Event!!!!

WOOT CHAW

Meganium45

Gym Leader Blaine
04/16/2004, 01:28 PM
Off to TN! To Scythkings State Event!!!!

WOOT CHAW

Meganium45

Good luck to you and Scythkings with your State Event this weekend.

Pablo
04/16/2004, 06:38 PM
yah, I know. I look forward to meeting some of you from south of the border
what's that supposed to mean?

-MuD

IvesRountree
04/18/2004, 02:25 PM
I met SteveP a couple months ago due to my scorekeeper's mistake at uploading the files with almost the same results, I think he means it would be a good time to meet people from here, perhaps you, or me (though nobody likes my dumb jokes, thankfully, I am not a comediant, I am a PTO) I simply believe Steve would like to meet us, I know here in Mexico a phrase like that would be a sarcastic way to declare a challenge, but I believe in Steve's good nature, so Pablo lets keep this down, OK?
Steve, I am really looking forward to meeting you and your child, I envy you having a son to teach the game, it must be something special, much like Vince, this is going to vbe a veru special event for all of us.

SteveP
04/18/2004, 03:52 PM
mudkip, sorry if my meaning was lost in translation. IvesRountree is right. "south of the border" is just an expression we americans sometimes use to refer to our friends in Mexico. What I mean is that it will be an honor to meet you.

Bigpoppabeatdown
04/19/2004, 06:23 AM
bad mudkip, bad.... lol

Pablo
04/20/2004, 02:17 PM
00ps =P lol, sorry if i got rude, as ives explained, i thought it was a sarcastic comment lol, my bad

-MuD

MrMeches
04/20/2004, 07:01 PM
All the Excitement... WHEN CAN WE PREREGISTER!!! o_O... **braces against cpu and calms down** This is going to be awesome and HUGE..... ok I will go on a diet... GL to all that attend!!

Dratini_Joe3
04/22/2004, 10:02 AM
I think the Side Event List is pretty comprehensive, and I am sure we will have the staff for it.

If anyone else has an event that they would like to see....post it here and we will see what we can do.

Meganium45

WOW!
Looks great! Since there are two Gameboy tournaments, how about we make one of them a 2v2 (ala Colliseum?) Same rules, only use 4 lvl 50 pokemon. This will keep players on their toes to have to use a different strategy for the game.

RainbowRichards
04/23/2004, 09:14 AM
Wow - I see from some recent posts that it IS hotter down South ;) j/k lol...

MrMeches - calm down, and GL to you and son!

RE: GB tournaments - Colosseum could be used to stage battles (1-on-1 or 2-vs-2) between 2 (or 4) players! We toyed with this recently - the Pokemon look awesome. :D

Oh, did I hear that the Florida crew is coming to the East Coast SC??? :p (provided there isn't another one somewhere in the "North")

SteveP
04/23/2004, 01:05 PM
I can't blame the Florida crew for heading North to the East Region Stadium. They'll have an easier time winning there. :p

RainbowRichards
04/23/2004, 02:05 PM
I'd say it's because they know Sensei`, 'pop and I will be judging instead of playing :p

Adv1sor
04/23/2004, 03:14 PM
I can't blame the Florida crew for heading North to the East Region Stadium. They'll have an easier time winning there. :p

Sounds like a challenge, though you may be right.

Looking at the top 25 modified players in the USA I do see that three are from Florida.

Oh wait, is VA Florida? ;)

Tank68
04/23/2004, 07:30 PM
well you know we are gonna have to be there!!

meganium45
04/27/2004, 12:38 PM
Chaw, first mailing will go out within the next 10 days!!! Let the games begin....

Can't wait to see you all to try and figure out....Who's that Pokemon?? for fun and prizes!!!

Meganium45

BANGINBOX
04/27/2004, 01:05 PM
Hey Vince,

Glad to see that you are speading you Poke-wings to come down south. Just be sure and bring your sunblock! Hey, Dan and Mr. Lucas are planning on making the trek to Texas. They will probably stay with me.(since I live 5 minutes from the convention center. ;) ) This should be one AWESOME event. Master Professor Birch can really hold an event. With your drive and enthusiasm ..... MAN I CAN'T WAIT!

Call me if you need anything beforehand. I live in the immediate area and may be an asset to you.

jimmy

Dratini_Joe3
04/29/2004, 09:55 AM
Just saw the rules for: Pokémon Colosseum Tournament OFFICIAL RULES for their upcoming tournament.
http://www.pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=512

I know there have been questions asked about updated rules, I wanted to list these rules incase there is a decision to play a 2on2 type GBA tournament.

I would only suggest that instead of Lvl 100, Lvl 50 pokemon are used and not to allow Jirachi, Rayquaza
Kyogre, Groudon, or Ho-oh instead of the only one of these limitation.

They are allowing Snagged pokemon from Colosseum. :D

Here are is what is listed...

— BATTLES —
-Players must bring their own Gameboy Advance or Gameboy Advance SP and either Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire game to participate.

-Players should be sure to have new batteries or a full charge in their Gameboy. No player will be allowed to delay on account of dead batteries. Link cables will be supplied by the PCNY staff.

-The battles will be based on the 2-vs-2 style commonly seen on Pokémon Colosseum.

-Players may use up to 4 Pokémon, each up to level 100.

-Players may use less Pokémon or lower level Pokémon but will be at a disadvantage.

-Players may not use two of the same Pokémon.

-Pokémon may use hold items but no two of the same item.

-Players may use only one (or none) of the following Pokémon on their team:
Jirachi
Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon
Ho-oh

-Players may use only Pokémon caught (or snagged) in either Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, or Pokémon Colosseum from the North American market. No Pokémon caught in Japanese games may be used.

-Players must be ready to begin at their group's scheduled start time. This includes the readiness of the game itself. Players' games must be ready with 4 pokémon in the party and ready to battle. No player will be allowed to delay due to battling in the Pokémon League or other such circumstances.

-Each group will battle in a tournament style elimination matches until there remains a single winner. (16 > 8 > 4 > 2 > Champion)

-Any player who uses a double K.O. move which ends the battle (such as Perish Song, Self-destruct, or Explosion) will be declared the loser of that battle.

meganium45
05/01/2004, 09:23 AM
As the GBA events are unsanctioned, I am open to ideas, also may do an ADDITIONAL GBA tourney as a "warmup" before the main event....More details to come....

THIS IS GETTING CLOSER!!!

See you ALL at Origins, and probably at a Gym Challenge near you (I am going to 4, which is like, what 10% of them)

M45

Spectreon
05/01/2004, 03:20 PM
— BATTLES —
-Players must bring their own Gameboy Advance or Gameboy Advance SP and either Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire game to participate.

-Players should be sure to have new batteries or a full charge in their Gameboy. No player will be allowed to delay on account of dead batteries. Link cables will be supplied by the PCNY staff.

-The battles will be based on the 2-vs-2 style commonly seen on Pokémon Colosseum.

-Players may use up to 4 Pokémon, each up to level 100.

-Players may use less Pokémon or lower level Pokémon but will be at a disadvantage.

-Players may not use two of the same Pokémon.

-Pokémon may use hold items but no two of the same item.

-Players may use only one (or none) of the following Pokémon on their team:
Jirachi
Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon
Ho-oh

-Players may use only Pokémon caught (or snagged) in either Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, or Pokémon Colosseum from the North American market. No Pokémon caught in Japanese games may be used.

-Players must be ready to begin at their group's scheduled start time. This includes the readiness of the game itself. Players' games must be ready with 4 pokémon in the party and ready to battle. No player will be allowed to delay due to battling in the Pokémon League or other such circumstances.

-Each group will battle in a tournament style elimination matches until there remains a single winner. (16 > 8 > 4 > 2 > Champion)

-Any player who uses a double K.O. move which ends the battle (such as Perish Song, Self-destruct, or Explosion) will be declared the loser of that battle.

Yeah one of these would be fun. To be fair I think Dratini is right, only lvl 50, and no Jirachi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquazza, Ho-oh. I fully support a 2-2 GBA tourney as well....

Cyrus
05/01/2004, 04:16 PM
I second-second a 2-on-2 GBA tourney!

meganium45
05/02/2004, 06:42 PM
OK, there will be a 2 on 2, but I am leaving it up to Spectreon for the official rules....

Spec, PM me with them, and we will replace one of the GBA tourneys with a 2 on 2 event...keep EVERYONE happy!!!

M45

Spectreon
05/04/2004, 02:45 PM
K, done and done.... I kept the rules as simple, and the same as has been around as possible. Few changes, like keeping no Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquazza, and updated those with the other Uubers.

Now to get kinks outta my deck..... and work on 2-2 team...

meganium45
05/13/2004, 07:47 AM
Chaw, are we really within 2 months to go???

The hotel negotiations have gone south, wanted us to guarantee 50 rooms, get your best rates on the net mates!

I will be posting close hotel info, with possible shuttle service.

Talk with you all soon.

M45

mewsmom
05/13/2004, 08:48 AM

The hotel negotiations have gone south, wanted us to guarantee 50 rooms, get your best rates on the net mates!

Talk with you all soon.

M45

Just booked our hotel at the LaQuinta in Grand Prairie which is 3 miles away. Got Net rate of 65 a night. They also have free Continental breakfast(we always stay at LaQuinta's because of free breakfast and they allow pets).

They have a hotel that is only blocks away and lowest rate was 85. Which offers transportation to DFW Airport and within a 5mile radius of hotel. So it all depends on how fast you wanna get there or how you'll be traveling to TX. But living here over 3yrs I know a anything less than 5 mile drive is so easy. I'm sure all the ones closer than 5 miles will be in the 80's and above at any hotel.

The address of the convention center is 1200 Ballpark Way Arlington TX, that will help in your hotel search and let you know just how close or far away you'll be staying.

Anyone needing help in where to stay just send me an email or pm and I'll help you out trying to find places.

SteveP
05/13/2004, 09:29 AM
hey vince, is there anything big going on that weekend in Dallas/FtWorth? I'm driving in and plan to get a motel at the last minute (day before or day of).

Also, it might be nice if you could negotiate a discount pass to Six Flags.

How long have we got the facility? Will we be able to play Pokemon "till the wee hours?"

**EDIT***

"...until the cows come home."

just read it.

mewsmom
05/13/2004, 09:37 AM
hey vince, is there anything big going on that weekend in Dallas/FtWorth? I'm driving in and plan to get a motel at the last minute (day before or day of).

Also, it might be nice if you could negotiate a discount pass to Six Flags.

How long have we got the facility? Will we be able to play Pokemon "till the wee hours?"

Waiting till last minute may not be so wise. With this area of Arlington and it being mid summer you may just not find anything close enough or in your budget if anythings available.

SteveP
05/13/2004, 05:00 PM
hey M45, you ought to see if PUI will consider giving the ultimate door prize, a trip to Worlds to some random, non-finalist. That alone would probably assure a HUGE attendance record.

I'm just a dreamer. :)

meganium45
05/14/2004, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I can see it now, free trip to worlds for a non winner....

And the Winner is ....Meganium45?!?! How did that happen? Oh I am so lucky and honored, no, get away from the drawing hat, what do you mean there are only Meganium45 slips in there? You are wrong, get away, it wasn't fixed, really it wasn't!

M45

Master Professor Birch
05/14/2004, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I can see it now, free trip to worlds for a non winner....

And the Winner is ....Meganium45?!?! How did that happen? Oh I am so lucky and honored, no, get away from the drawing hat, what do you mean there are only Meganium45 slips in there? You are wrong, get away, it wasn't fixed, really it wasn't!

M45

Meganium45 is under extreme pressure and stress....What he meant to say was and the free trip to "Worlds' for a Non-Winner is "Master Professor Birch" and Birch will be taking along with him his gooood friend
"Meganium45....And "The Cows Have Come Home", so everyone leave at this time....Security, Security, Security!!!

Master Professor Birch

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/14/2004, 08:00 PM
let's remember who the biggest one of the judging group is...... and who plays rugby!!!!! i'll straighten u out....... especially since i plan on already having my trip set by then, so i won't have to rig it.... lol

IvesRountree
05/15/2004, 02:34 PM
Steve, I am planning for six flags as well, might all go in the same trip, anyone can help get doscount tickets?
anyway, I must book soon, since i need to know what will I do, it is a long trip and I wouldn't wish to sleep on someones porch.

I just hung the phone with pui and they said they are providing free of charge 15 000 "Ives Rountree" paper slips in case Vince didn't have enough for the hat drawing for the free trip for a non wionner :P

anyone can post more options for hotels? it is kind of hard from here.

Master Professor Birch
05/18/2004, 11:45 AM

Talk with you all soon.

M45

;) Ok, Master Professor Birch has done some searching on the internet for hotels within 0-2 miles of the "Arlington Conventation Center". :cool:

Go to this link for hotels:

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewHotelSearchResults?z=7c&r=1bu&lastPage=interstitial

You will need to contact these hotels on information as far as shuttle to and from the "DFW Airport" and to the "Arlington Conventation Center". I hope that this helps those that are still searching for "Hotel Deals".

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Master Professor Birch
05/18/2004, 12:19 PM
~~List of Judges for the "South Stadium Challenge"~~

Master Professor Birch is honored to announce the distinguished list of judges for the "South Stadium Challenge"!!!

:thumb: "Head Judges" :thumb:

"10-Under Age Group": Roy Roberson, Sr. aka "old man" (Oklahoma)

"11-14 Age Group": Chad Young aka "Psyduck" (Missouri)

"15-Over" Age Group": Scott Holder aka "Bigpoppabeatdown" (Missouri)

:) "Judges" :)

Richard Langenstein aka "Rocketman" (Louisiana)

Jesus Cortez aka "NMScizor" (New Mexico)

Jim Parish aka "Jimdaddy" (Texas)

Ives Rountree aka "pokemex" (Mexico)

Steve Perucca aka "SteveP" (Colorado)

Dr. Ryan Davis aka "The Doctor" (Oklahoma)

Keith Ratliff aka "Beatlerat" (Texas)

Gilbert Valdes, Jr. aka "PokeNav" (Texas)

I am hearing that Meganium45 is trying to line up more judges / volunteers for the "South Stadium Challenge" to add to our distinguished list. No one knows what kind of surprise judges that he will add!!! :D

Rest assured that the "South Stadium Challenge" will be in excellent hands with these guys!!! Take care and we (Meganium45 & Master Professor Birch) hope to see you at this outstanding event.

Professor_Chris
05/18/2004, 12:34 PM
If I'm able to go...and if I've gotten myself a trip by then...I'll help judge...but these are alot of 'if's...the biggest 'if' is if I'll be able to come after I've already won a trip XD

PokeMasterFlabface
05/18/2004, 05:35 PM
Man this event looks so cool!!! I have to try my best to try and go, even though its a long drive from San Antonio. If I can't find a ride, the only thing I can think of is Greyhound. I have to try everything I can to get a Hotel around there and a ride from San Antonio to get there. :)

Xeno
05/18/2004, 05:49 PM
Whoa, Jim is going? Hmm..,maybe I can get a rid to the big event after all.

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/18/2004, 08:28 PM
Man this event looks so cool!!! I have to try my best to try and go, even though its a long drive from San Antonio. If I can't find a ride, the only thing I can think of is Greyhound. I have to try everything I can to get a Hotel around there and a ride from San Antonio to get there. :)

try driving from STL, lol

Psyduck
05/18/2004, 09:36 PM
For those of you who are going to the Houston Space Center for the Pokemon Promotional Week at the end of this month and for the HL Pre-Release(s) on June 5-6, I will B the Special Guest / MC for the various events. I know I will be working with a few of you like Mista Collinsworth and Jim Parish and many others I don't know. What I'm trying 2 say is that I am looking very forward to meeting you all down there and then again a month later. I hope both of these evens go as smooth as I think they are! :D

See you all soon!

DucK

Xeno
05/18/2004, 10:13 PM
For those of you who are going to the Houston Space Center for the Pokemon Promotional Week at the end of this month and for the HL Pre-Release(s) on June 5-6, I will B the Special Guest / MC for the various events. I know I will be working with a few of you like Mista Collinsworth and Jim Parish and many others I don't know. What I'm trying 2 say is that I am looking very forward to meeting you all down there and then again a month later. I hope both of these evens go as smooth as I think they are! :D

DucK

Well, I'll see you there Psyduck. Jim said I could be one of the judges of the PreRelease event at the Space Center on the 6th.

SteveP
05/19/2004, 06:51 PM
So MPBirch, are you the "Master" Head Judge?

Less than 2 months. I can't wait! Some of my Colorado players who didn't win our Gym are already making plans to pool/convey with me for the 700+ mile trip southeast. It's a bit far, but certainly "not to be missed!"

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/19/2004, 11:17 PM
w00t w00t, reply #100 I WIN!!!!!

"tell him what he's won johnny"

*cricket chirps twice*

D'OH

SteveP
05/19/2004, 11:50 PM
w00t w00t, reply #100 I WIN!!!!!

"tell him what he's won johnny"

*cricket chirps twice*

D'OH

I think not Homer-wanna-be. :)

My post had #100 on it. :p

Master Professor Birch
05/20/2004, 06:50 AM
So MPBirch, are you the "Master" Head Judge?

~SteveP~

I believe that "Meganium45" has said that the "Head Judge" in each age group would be enough. If we need a "Master Head Judge", maybe the judges that are listed could campaign for that position and the viewers and/or the fellow judges could vote. But, no I am not the "Master Head Judge"...no way...no how. I am way too old for this. We need one of you young studs for this position.

Master Professor Birch

meganium45
05/20/2004, 06:56 AM
To clarify one step further, here is how it will be working.

We will have at least 2 judges in every age division, with one "head judge" for each group to control all of the aspects of that group.

Any problems or concerns that those HJs have, that need to be reviewed will go to MP Birch or myself, with the final ruling, if needed, coming down from me.

This will be extemely important as any penalty above a warning will be administered by the HJ of each age division, and will be reviewed by either MP Birch or myself.

HJs for each age division will be in charge of deck checks, seating, and other items of interest.

For each of the age divisions there will be a VIP area where VIP players can choose to play, or they will be able to play at their regularly assigned table, their choice.

When two VIPs play each other, the younger VIP will take priority for choice of seating. (Since this will be an age-separated tourney, those ages (except for 15+) may be very, very close.

Talk to you all soon. M45

poinko
05/20/2004, 07:50 AM
...Holy cow, I should check this forum more often... o_o

You know for definite sure I'll be there, along with Spec. I can't go anywhere without him. He's like one of those puppy dogs that follows you home and won't go back to his litter. Yeesh. ;)

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/20/2004, 12:42 PM
I think not Homer-wanna-be. :)

My post had #100 on it. :p

hence me writing

REPLY #100

not post #100 :p

Psyduck
05/21/2004, 12:04 PM
hence me writing

REPLY #100

not post #100 :p

2 Points ... Quickness and Accuracy :D

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/21/2004, 06:15 PM
excellent..... i win!!!

mmm, this is gonna be so much fun!!!

meganium45
05/25/2004, 12:47 PM
Chaw, the Stadium has been fully paid for and all systems are go!!!

The judges are in place (mostly)

The side events are scheduled....

The flier has been approved, and will be Fedexed down to Texas for distribution!!!

Much, much more to come! And Dave Schwimmer has tentatively announced that he will be here!!!

Come meet some of the great names in Pokemon, win the event, and become one of the Great names of Pokemon!!!

See you all soon!!!

Meganium45

Master Professor Birch
05/25/2004, 07:41 PM
Chaw, the Stadium has been fully paid for and all systems are go!!!

The judges are in place (mostly)

The side events are scheduled....

The flier has been approved, and will be Fedexed down to Texas for distribution!!!

Much, much more to come! And Dave Schwimmer has tentatively announced that he will be here!!!

Come meet some of the great names in Pokemon, win the event, and become one of the Great names of Pokemon!!!

See you all soon!!!

Meganium45

:clap: That is GREAT NEWS, meganium45!!! All we need now is to turn on the lights and open the "Poke-Doors". And with Dave Schwimmer saying that he will be there, I am sure that there will be a number of Pokemon players wanting to asking him questions. Maybe we can set-up a "Q&A" with him at the "South Stadium Challenge". Something informal. :eek:

meganium45
05/25/2004, 08:00 PM
No, no, you have it all wrong, Schwimmer being there is a profit opportunity, let's see, $2 an autograph, no, that won't work...$2 an egg to throw at him, now there's an idea!!!! LOL

Talk to you all soon!

M45

meganium45
06/01/2004, 12:50 PM
OK, maybe the egg thing was a bit over the top (no responses, no sense of humor??)

Now that the gyms are done, all we have are the stadiums and nationals to earn those precious invites and trips.....

HERE WE GO FOLKS - one week to go. I will be posting hotel info (free shuttle to the event, less than $100 a night) shortly - that's where our gang will be staying!!!

I will get fliers out to all leagues shortly in the region!!!

Let me know your questions via PM and I will address them soon!!

Meganium45

poinko
06/01/2004, 03:11 PM
One week to go? Isn't it on July 10th? Or are you referencing something else? o_O

Either way, I'll totally be there, count on it! ;)

Rocketman
06/01/2004, 08:35 PM
Vince,
I'll be looking forward to that hotel info. E- mail or send me some flyers. Hey, I liked the egg thing.....or maybe pies would be better ( 3 Stooges style!)
Rick

Professor_Chris
06/01/2004, 08:45 PM
Maybe...egg pies? XD Yes...dozens of eggs baked into the pie crust and hurled at Dave ^_^ Its perfect! and since its eggs -and- pie...we can charge double! ^__^ Of course I'll be taking a hefty 50% of the profits seeing as the fusion was my idea. ^_~ And yeah...I'm looking foward to the hotel info as well...I'd love to get in the same hotel...for that late night booster draft and all. ^_^ This is assuming I'm even able to go in the first place. ^^;

IvesRountree
06/01/2004, 11:18 PM
anxious for the hotel info, will bring own rock filled eggs... is that legal?

Bigpoppabeatdown
06/02/2004, 07:01 AM
i don't think that it's legal, but no jury in the world would convict, since they would all be throwing things at him when he testifies against you, lol.....

but since it's more than a month away, i am left to ponder what to do until this little trip that we must take..... lol

RainbowRichards
06/02/2004, 07:08 AM
HERE WE GO FOLKS - one week to go.

Meganium45

??? - hey, no fair jumping the gun by over a month!! :D lol Let's have a National Championship first, shall we?? ;)

Orange Soda
06/06/2004, 08:41 PM
Hmm... July 10th. My birthday is on the 13th, so if I go visit my parents in Houston at all this summer, it'd be that week. I could drive down to Arlington on Friday, spend Saturday with all you popular folks, and then drive to Houston on Sunday. Of course, that's assuming that I'll be able to get time off from the job that I'm assuming I'll have by then.

A trip would make a really nifty birthday present. :D

Mew
06/11/2004, 11:57 AM
I going to be there I is my last chance to worlds.Can't wait.

Mew aka the kid who runs sceptile and loses to cune.

meganium45
06/14/2004, 10:07 AM
Less than a MONTH to go!!! All of the pre-Releases are out of the way!!

Everyone is franticly trying to decide between Steven's advice and that Rock Technical Machine. Omastars have now become history....

Who will win? Who will play???

I will be sending to ALL LEAGUES in the South Region (from Tennessee, to Mississippi, to Arizona, to Colorado) a group of fliers, the first clue to the "Who's That Pokemon Constest", which will be taking place, along with some other incentives for league leaders who just want to take a great trip with their group!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

Talk to you all soon!!

M45

Hagrid23
06/14/2004, 11:39 AM
I will be sending to ALL LEAGUES in the South Region (from Tennessee, to Mississippi, to Arizona, to Colorado) a group of fliers, the first clue to the "Who's That Pokemon Constest", which will be taking place, along with some other incentives for league leaders who just want to take a great trip with their group!!!

M45,

Could you also send some to Florida? Contrary to previous reports, Team Florida WILL be represented at the South Stadium Challenge. :cool:

Hagrid23

meganium45
06/14/2004, 01:36 PM
Chaw, yes!!!

Please PM me your mailing info so I can get them right out!!!

Any other gyms need them that I may have forgotten about??

M45

meganium45
06/21/2004, 10:03 PM
Man, more fun, different day....less than 3 weeks to go, and we are getting excited!!! See you all at Nationals!

M45

~Blazi-King~
06/26/2004, 09:25 AM
Man this is so AWESOME cant wait.....We'll definitely be there....( me and my bro )

PokeMasterFlabface
06/26/2004, 08:19 PM
San Antonio will not be forgotten, Me and some of my League members will be there to represent down South!! :)

meganium45
06/28/2004, 03:17 PM
Oh did you see...play will begin at 11:30 means...PLAY WILL BEGIN AT 11:30!!!!

Oh, and Ives Roundtree will be there....ask him who was better at Nationals AAAAAAAA!!!

We will cut per PUI guidelines for each age division.

We will be issuing prize penalties as a "middle step" as per Nationals.

I will be EXTREMELY HARD on cheaters....I have no tolerance, nor do my judges. Don't expect a prize penalty if I catch you cheating. Game loss is more to the point (if you are lucky).

Hmmm, could it finally be a major championship WITHOUT Kevin White as the 10- Champion???? We will see.....

M45

ultimate_healer
06/28/2004, 03:58 PM
Oh did you see...play will begin at 11:30 means...PLAY WILL BEGIN AT 11:30!!!!

Oh, and Ives Roundtree will be there....ask him who was better at Nationals AAAAAAAA!!!

We will cut per PUI guidelines for each age division.

We will be issuing prize penalties as a "middle step" as per Nationals.

I will be EXTREMELY HARD on cheaters....I have no tolerance, nor do my judges. Don't expect a prize penalty if I catch you cheating. Game loss is more to the point (if you are lucky).

Hmmm, could it finally be a major championship WITHOUT Kevin White as the 10- Champion???? We will see.....

M45

idk vince it just might be a major championship without the white wall there to beat everybody lol

Cyrus
06/28/2004, 11:40 PM

Good man, Vince. I know Birch to also be a very wise TO, so, as I am still expecting, you two will make a formidible duo, especially handling the (sadly) crooked amongst the SSC'ers.

One helluva event. I see the first of the SC's being bloody-successful.

BTW, I am just about to add all those people to the list. ;)

~Patriarch

evilcaturne666
06/29/2004, 10:20 AM
Good man, Vince. I know Birch to also be a very wise TO, so, as I am still expecting, you two will make a formidible duo, especially handling the (sadly) crooked amongst the SSC'ers.

One helluva event. I see the first of the SC's being bloody-successful.

BTW, I am just about to add all those people to the list. ;)

~Patriarch

i totally agree with u both.NO CHEATERSSSSS. MWHAAAAAAA

Master Professor Birch
07/01/2004, 08:31 AM
:clap: :clap: ~~Attention South Stadium Challenge-Staff~~ :clap: :clap:

Master Professor Birch will be hosting a "Pre-Tournament Dinner & Meeting" for the judges and staff members. This will take place at:

"Texas Land & Cattle Co."
2009-E Copeland Road
Arlington, Texas
(817) 461-1500

You may find a map at the following website:

http://www.arlington.org/cgi-bin/acvb/new/showresty.pl?cat=13

Then click on "map".

The "Texas Land & Cattle Co." is located just around the corner from the "Arlington Convention Center".

Please response to "Master Professor Birch" ASAP by "PokeGym-PM", email, or phone and me know if you will be able to attend. We will have a "banquet room" at the "Texas Land & Cattle Co.". We will have dinner and a meeting so everyone will be on the same page on Saturday. :thumb: It will take place at 7:00pm local time. If you are arriving within a reasonable time after 7:00pm, please come on by and have drinks and attend the meeting.

Thank you, Vince and I are looking forward to the "Pokemon South Stadium Challenge" as one of the best events of the year. :cool:

Take care and looking forward to meeting with you all.

PokeGym PM: Master Professor Birch
email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
phone: (972) 442-5545

Cyrus
07/01/2004, 01:09 PM
A dinner? :(

That almost makes me want to be staff for this...I want to go to the dinner ;x

meganium45
07/01/2004, 01:38 PM
Just shows you what kind of class MP Birch has!!! This is going to be elite. Kind of a huddle up before we break for the superbowl of Pokemon.

Man, this is going to be great....

Talk with you soon!!!

Meganium45

Cyrus
07/01/2004, 03:24 PM
Maybe Birch could invite his pals Patriarch, Old Man, Colin, and Meg for a little golf, eh? Then it'd be 00ber classy ;)

swanton1717
07/01/2004, 05:02 PM
Maybe Birch could invite his pals Patriarch, Old Man, Colin, and Meg for a little golf, eh? Then it'd be 00ber classy ;)

Haha maybe Mini Golf ;P

~Colin

meganium45
07/01/2004, 07:50 PM
OK, how about this for an add on....

For the first 160 participants who register and fill out their deck list, they get to pick their VERY OWN, FREE Pokemon 2 inch figure!!!

Yes, yet another great bonus from MP Birch and Meganium45 making this THE Event to be in.

You know you all have been jealous of all the people who have their own little Poke-mascots. Now you can pick out your very own!!!

See you in just a few days!!!!

Meganium45

Cyrus
07/01/2004, 08:15 PM
OK, how about this for an add on....

For the first 160 participants who register and fill out their deck list, they get to pick their VERY OWN, FREE Pokemon 2 inch figure!!!

Yes, yet another great bonus from MP Birch and Meganium45 making this THE Event to be in.

You know you all have been jealous of all the people who have their own little Poke-mascots. Now you can pick out your very own!!!

See you in just a few days!!!!

Meganium45

HOLY CRAP VINCE AND RICHARD ARE THE BEST OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOG O_O

Shiftry...at last, we are one. All who take the Shiftry figure before I get there shall be slain...they shall rue the day they stole it.

Bigpoppabeatdown
07/01/2004, 11:23 PM
hmmmm, *ponders the possibilities of what i can do with all of the shiftry's and weighs that versus being slain*

I CHOOSE SHIFTRY!!!!!!!

crap!!! only players get to choose??? i cry shananigans!!!

and what's this i hear? COULD IT BE THAT DR. T will be joining us once more vince?

ultimate_healer
07/02/2004, 12:40 AM
man now im really wanting to go now. i could finally have my absol to cuddle wit lol

old man
07/02/2004, 06:25 AM
MP Birch - Did you get my PM I sent earlier this week?

Old Man & his son will be there but now with a change of status!
(Now what does that mean?)

meganium45
07/02/2004, 07:07 AM
OK, even MORE 00ber cool news (who talks like that anyway)

For the side events, not only will there be prize support, and all but the drafts are free, but there will be the RARE TORCHIC PROMOS given away to the top 3 finishers and one random player in each event.

So let's get this straight. The side events are free, more chances to win product, and I can win one of those ELITE Torchic Promos, previously only given away in Europe??? YEP!!!

They will really make your Blaziken Decks SHINE!!! Show you are the best!!!

Is this just for ONE of the side events??? NO!! This is for ALL of the side events!!!!!
TORCHIC O RAMA!!! IT IS HOTTER DOWN SOUTH!!!

Also, bring your Loudreds.....Professor Dav will be there to sign them!!!!

Bring your Birches...MP Birch will happily sign them....

As for me, you figure it out!!!

Meganium45

Orange Soda
07/02/2004, 11:44 AM
and I can win one of those ELITE Torchic Promos,

CONSPRECHY!!!1 :p

Man, I wish I could go... Stupid lack of money.

ultimate_healer
07/02/2004, 03:06 PM

For the side events, not only will there be prize support, and all but the drafts are free, but there will be the RARE TORCHIC PROMOS given away to the top 3 finishers and one random player in each event.

So let's get this straight. The side events are free, more chances to win product, and I can win one of those ELITE Torchic Promos, previously only given away in Europe??? YEP!!!

They will really make your Blaziken Decks SHINE!!! Show you are the best!!!

Is this just for ONE of the side events??? NO!! This is for ALL of the side events!!!!!
TORCHIC O RAMA!!! IT IS HOTTER DOWN SOUTH!!!

Also, bring your Loudreds.....Professor Dav will be there to sign them!!!!

Bring your Birches...MP Birch will happily sign them....

As for me, you figure it out!!!

Meganium45

AHHH quit doin this to me Vince...now im dyin 2 go lol

Cyrus
07/02/2004, 08:28 PM
Meganium45

I talk like that, Vince!!! >_<"""

Master Professor Birch
07/02/2004, 09:03 PM
:o ~~WOW--Meganium45!!!~~ :p

Hold-on, Meganium45!!! Did you just post that all "SIDE EVENTS" except the "drafts" are FREEEEEEEE!!!!! :D And not only will they win "prize support" for these "Side Events", but also each 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a random player will win one the "elite #006 Torchic promo" for each of these "Side Events"????? Meganium45, HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY!!!! :eek:

Let me get this right....for entering the "South Stadium Challenge".....each player will receive.....a Special Promo Card that they can only get at one of the three Stadium Challenges.....they can pick a 2"-Pokemon figure of their choice.....play in the Best--Hottest--Biggest (as you know things are bigger in Texas) Pokemon Tournament that the State of Texas has ever held.....if finishing in the top four of their age group will receive an invitation to "WORLDS".....if finishing in the top two of each age group will receive the "Travel Award" to "WORLDS".....or if they finish lower than the top four in each age group and those players have already won, that these invitations and travel awards will be passed down to the next players in line.....then they can play in "Side Events" except for the "Drafts" for FREE and win Pokemon product for the top three in each side event and an elite Torchic Promo Card???? :thumb: :thumb:

Meganium45, when you cross the Texas State line, the guys with the white coats with straight jackets will be waiting for you. But, don't you worry, your friend Master Professor Birch will be by your side and take care of you. Oh yes, did I tell you that I have some land in the south coastal area of Texas for sell??? I think it is about ten miles off the coast of "Padre Island" and I can sell it for a really good price!!! :rolleyes:

Ok guys, Meganium45 has said all of this, so why would you not come to the "South Stadium Challenge"??? I am looking for some "Loudred" right now and you know that I will get those signed by Professor Dav. I will be signing "Professor Birch" cards. These will be signed differently from those that I have signed in the past at Pre-releases, City Championships, State Championships, Gym Challenges, and at "Origins '04". Those of you that were fortunate to get one of the six cards that I signed at "Origins '04" know what I mean. Bring those cards with and we will sign until the cows come home. ;)

Things are starting to get better by the hour and will only get that much better the closer that the "South Stadium Challenge" draws near.

Take care and God bless until we meet at the "Arlington Convention Center" on July 10th at 10:00am. That will be when the fireworks will start to happen.

mewsmom
07/02/2004, 09:32 PM
Well NOW that you've put it that way, You can count the Lynch Mob in. We've ran into some troubles with our move but do think we've got it worked out in time to attend.

Cya next weekend.

:o ~~WOW--Meganium45!!!~~ :p

Hold-on, Meganium45!!! Did you just post that all "SIDE EVENTS" except the "drafts" are FREEEEEEEE!!!!! :D And not only will they win "prize support" for these "Side Events", but also each 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a random player will win one the "elite #006 Torchic promo" for each of these "Side Events"????? Meganium45, HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY!!!! :eek:

Let me get this right....for entering the "South Stadium Challenge".....each player will receive.....a Special Promo Card that they can only get at one of the three Stadium Challenges.....they can pick a 2"-Pokemon figure of their choice.....play in the Best--Hottest--Biggest (as you know things are bigger in Texas) Pokemon Tournament that the State of Texas has ever held.....if finishing in the top four of their age group will receive an invitation to "WORLDS".....if finishing in the top two of each age group will receive the "Travel Award" to "WORLDS".....or if they finish lower than the top four in each age group and those players have already won, that these invitations and travel awards will be passed down to the next players in line.....then they can play in "Side Events" except for the "Drafts" for FREE and win Pokemon product for the top three in each side event and an elite Torchic Promo Card???? :thumb: :thumb:

Meganium45, when you cross the Texas State line, the guys with the white coats with straight jackets will be waiting for you. But, don't you worry, your friend Master Professor Birch will be by your side and take care of you. Oh yes, did I tell you that I have some land in the south coastal area of Texas for sell??? I think it is about ten miles off the coast of "Padre Island" and I can sell it for a really good price!!! :rolleyes:

Ok guys, Meganium45 has said all of this, so why would you not come to the "South Stadium Challenge"??? I am looking for some "Loudred" right now and you know that I will get those signed by Professor Dav. I will be signing "Professor Birch" cards. These will be signed differently from those that I have signed in the past at Pre-releases, City Championships, State Championships, Gym Challenges, and at "Origins '04". Those of you that were fortunate to get one of the six cards that I signed at "Origins '04" know what I mean. Bring those cards with and we will sign until the cows come home. ;)

Things are starting to get better by the hour and will only get that much better the closer that the "South Stadium Challenge" draws near.

Take care and God bless until we meet at the "Arlington Convention Center" on July 10th at 10:00am. That will be when the fireworks will start to happen.

Cyrus
07/02/2004, 11:11 PM
Mind you Rich', I am the most fortunate, since I own a playset of Birches signed, 3 of which are RH!
^_________________^

It's gonna be a blast, guys. Prize support is cRaZy!!!!!

Team Cook
07/03/2004, 07:59 AM
I am looking for some "Loudred" right now and you know that I will get those signed by Professor Dav. I will be signing "Professor Birch" cards. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Okay. I can see why Richard signs Professor Birch cards -- afterall those cards were made in his honor. ;)

But what's the connection between Prof Dave and Loudred?

meganium45
07/03/2004, 10:29 AM
All of the Pokemon "Big Guns" try to get a Pokemon to represent them....

If you remember, Dark Master Trainer Mike Had Gengar....

Now, Professor Dav has Loudred....I have no idea about Jimmer or the others....

Now, I have my own...

This will be an elite event!!!

M45

Master Professor Birch
07/03/2004, 12:29 PM
:clap: ~~The Final Count Down Has Begun.....~~ :clap:

Attention....."VIPs".....Do not forget to bring your "VIP Badges" with you.....Bringing those "VIP Badges" will get you $5.00-off the Entry Fee for the "South Stadium Challenge" :D .....If you forget your "VIP Badge", you will have to pay full price!!! :eek:

Maybe we can get "Meganium45" to post a "Schedule of Events" for the "South Stadium Challenge". Meganium45 can list the Stadium Challenge and Side Events with some kind of starting time for each event.......

Doors Open @ 10:00am

Registration Starts @ 10:15am

South Stadium Challenge Begins @ 11:30am

You get the message.....Right~Meganium45.

Ok, all of the FREE stuff that you can entry and receive for attending the "South Stadium Challenge".....Prices for all of the tournaments that are not free.....AND did I hear that there would be a "Name That Pokemon" game / door prize going on during the day????

I really can't think of anything else that we could offer the Pokemon players to come to the "South Stadium Challenge". I have racked my brain and I cannot think of anything else to make this EVENT any better.

Houston, San Antonio, Dallas/Ft. Worth and all cities in between & around DFW, Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri, Tennessee, North Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and MEXICO get ready for the Superbowl and Hottest and Biggest Pokemon Bash the South has ever seen. Beleive me when we say that:

"The South Shall Rise Again!!!"

If you have ever needed an excuse to play Pokemon or start playing again, this EVENT should bring you out of the woodwork. This will be the most competive and fun that you will ever have playing "POKEMON" !!! :D

And did we mention that "Professor Dav" from Pokemon USA, Inc. will be in attendance??? :thumb: Come and plan on being at the "Arlington Convention Center" until the cowing come home on July 10th for the most fun that you will ever have playing Pokemon~~GUARANTEED!!!

Once again....Invitations to "Worlds"...."Travel Awards" to "Worlds"....Free Side Events...."Name That Pokemon" Game where you can win BIG PRIZES.....Free Autographs from your favorite PTOs and PUI Guys....Meganium45 & Master Professor Birch hope to see you here on Saturday, July 10th for the "South Stadium Challenge". ;)

Take care & God Bless.

Robert E 1337
07/03/2004, 07:36 PM
"The South Shall Rise Again!!!"

Damn straight! General Lee(t) shall attend this magnificent event, and eliminate all who oppooooooose! 'Cept ole boy Stonewall ;)

ShinAkuma
07/03/2004, 08:20 PM
Damn straight! General Lee(t) shall attent this magnificent event, and eliminate all who oppooooooose! 'Cept ole boy Stonewall ;)

lol.... see ya'll there i can't wait !!!!!! :D :pokeball:

meganium45
07/04/2004, 06:40 AM
OK, MP Birch, the events are all sanctioned!!! Man, what a schedule....

Here is the ideal timeline for ANYONE who is interested.

Doors open at 9:00 a.m.

We will be handing out decklists early for anyone who (for any reason) wants to get a "jump" on the competition, and turn in their decklist early (cough, figures, cough)

Also, at the time the decklists are handed out, the first "who's that Pokemon" door prize clue and slip will be given out!!!

Starting at 10:00 a.m., (or maybe before, depending on how everything gets working), we will start to take formal registration and decklists. Bring your POP ID numbers, or for new players on the tourney scene, we will have POP ID numbers ready to assign!

There will be some other items available for purchase at the time of registration, including deck sleeves, dice, packs of cards (Ruby-Sapprire on), and unlimited and modified singles, holos and reverse holos!!! What a chance to finish your sets.

Registration will close at 11:00 a.m., and first pairings will go up shortly thereafter. Given that there are no byes, I assume we will not have the same problems as Nationals, but we are prepared....

First round begins at 11:45, second round at 12:25, third round at 1:10. Lunch break until
2:10 (going to make it a quick lunch break), Fourth round at 2:10, Fifth round at 2:50, Sixth round at 3:30, seventh round at 4:10 (cut at that point)

Elimination rounds will begin at 4:30, 2 of 3, 1 hour limits

4:30-5:30 top 1st round
5:30-6:30 top 2nd round
6:30 to 7:30 top 3rd round
7:30 to 8:30 top 4th round

For side events....

3:45 Modified Constructed #1
3:45 Unlimited Constructed #1

5:30 Gameboy Tourney #1
5:30 Unlimited Tourney #2
5:30 Hidden Legends Draft #1
5:30 Ruby/Sapphire Draft #1

7:30 Hidden Legends Rochester Draft
7:30 Unlimited Tourney #3
7:30 Ruby/Sapphire Draft #2
7:30 Gameboy Tourney #2

11:00 LOCATION TBA Late Night Rochester Draft.

All times are Tentative...but we are hoping to keep this on schedule to get ALL of this in!!!

Also, to give you a sneak peek at the Who's that Pokemon Contest, here is how that is going to work...

When you get your deck registration sheet you will be given a clue sheet for the door prize drawing. There will be a clue on the sheet. Use the clue, and take your guess when you turn in your decklist. If ANYONE gets it right, then they will win the prize (Gamecube, Pokemon Colliseum with Strategy Guide...), and if 2 or more people get it right, there will be a random drawing of those names, and the person picked will get the prize! The other correct answers will all get something. More clues will be given out at the end of each round, when you turn in your report sheets. This will keep going until we have a winner. There will be AT LEAST 2 of these games throughout the day!!!

EXAMPLE (this will not be used at the event)

Decklists, come with the Clue: This is a Kanto Pokemon - from the original Base Set...

Second Clue: This is a Basic Pokemon, but it can evolve

Third Clue: This Pokemon's Attacks Can Be Shocking to its Opponent

Fourth Clue: There is a baby before, and an evolved stage after this pokemon, and the baby brothers have been "short movie stars"

Fifth: This Pokemon has been with Ash since the very beginning, and not too happily.

OK, obviously this is Pikachu, and I would hope someone would get it by clue three, maybe by clue 2, and possibly by clue 1.... but we shall see. A good guess, and a little luck could win you a gamecube, a copy of Collisium with Stragegy Guide, a copy of Ruby, a Copy of sapphire, or other great prizes!!!

Man, I cannot wait!!!

Hope to see you there!!

M45

Rocket's Hitmonchan
07/04/2004, 09:14 AM
Hey, I was wondering this possibility, "If first and fourth place have already won invitations/trips, and I got in sixth place, how would prizes be distributed?" Thanks!

meganium45
07/04/2004, 01:14 PM
OKOKOK

This will be handled thusly....

There are trips for the top 2 players of EACH age division who have not already won trips....

Example...

11-14 event....

1st place has a trip
2nd place has a trip
3rd place has nothing
4th place has a trip
5th place has nothing
6th place has nothing
7th place has a trip
8th place has nothing....

In this example, the trips would be given to the 3rd place finisher, and the 5th place finisher, and the 6th place finisher and the 8th place finisher would have invites.

We are going to watch this very carefully, and it may be, although you LOSE in the final 8 round, you still have to play on to determine who is 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place....

All will be done fairly.

Hopefully it will be as cool as Nationals where 6 of the 8 final 8 for 10- already had won trips! So EVERYONE who made the top 8 knew they won a trip to worlds!!!

ONLY 6 days left to go....

CHAW

M45

meganium45
07/04/2004, 01:15 PM
Happy 4th of July Everyone....

THE REAL fireworks come NEXT WEEK!!!

M45

yoshi1001
07/04/2004, 02:21 PM
South SC PIRN Coverage Schedule:
(All Times CDT)

Sat, July 10
9:30 AM Broadcast Begins
11:00 AM Pre-event report
12:00 PM Hourly reports begin
??? Top x updates begin
??? Winner interviews

Sun, July 11
9:30 AM Rebroadcast

Any listening questions can be addressed to me (be sure to check out my website). What you can expect:

Tons of Pokemon music
An excess of INXS
Plenty of video game and other music

RainbowRichards
07/04/2004, 04:52 PM
Are all side events free? or do some have costs (draft, for example)?

Master Professor Birch
07/04/2004, 08:11 PM
Are all side events free? or do some have costs (draft, for example)?

Only the drafts have a small entry fee.

Master Professor Birch

PokeMasterFlabface
07/04/2004, 10:50 PM
Are there gonna be any Team Play tourneys at the last minute, because the official rules just came out. I think it would be fun to have one, even though the rules are a little funky. :)

old man
07/05/2004, 06:30 AM
Okay some more questions that may be of interest to others as well.

1. What about those new Ultra Pro "Dragon" card sleeves. Are they allowed in any of the events?

2. Is there anyplace on site that has food & drinks?

3. Will the tournament be ran on a computer or is someone, i.e. Vince, going to do it by hand?
And if by hand is it for all 3 age groups?

4. What's the parking like around the place? Is there parking indoors?

5. Can we bring our own decklist or do we have to use one of yours?

6. How are the "Tie Breakers" going to be done in the cut when it's best 2 of 3. In other words how
are incomplete games going to be counted?

That's all...............for now!

meganium45
07/05/2004, 07:40 AM
To answer the questions....1 by 1....

1. Until I get the OK from PUI, the Dragon or other "artwork" card sleeves are not allowed. There will be sleeves available for purchase at the venue site.

2. The last word I had from the Convention hall is that there would be concessions available. What that exactly means....I do not know, details to follow.

3. the tourney will be done by computer, with 3 machines set out, one for each age division. If needed we will be able to go by hand. At this point, all side events will be run by hand.

4. There is parking available at the venue, and many of the close hotels have shuttle service to the Convention Center.

5. Please, use our decklists. I will have a stapler there if you just want to attach yours to ours. I am not really to finicky with this, as long as I have your decklist. I store these with the rest of the tourney information for one year after the event (OLD WOTC habit dies hard)

6. Tiebreakers for 2 of 3. Man, let's not get into that debate again. Incomplete games will not be counted only in the second game. With a one-hour time limit that should be fine. Stalling is not going to be permitted, as all the judges will be clearly instructed on.

OK, that's all for now.

M45 - Vince

PokeMasterFlabface
07/05/2004, 02:03 PM
More questions:

1. Are there gonna be any Pokemon TCG clothing on sale at the SC, like T-shirts and what not?

2. Is there gonna be a last minute Team-Play tournament, because the rules just came out?

3. Just wondering, what would happen if a fight accidentally broke out?

4. What would happen if both players have the same deck sleeves and mirror decks, and accidentally get they're cards mixed up?

I think those are some weird questions, but please answer them :)

meganium45
07/05/2004, 02:33 PM
1. No, no shirts were printed for the SC. If you have some of the rare shirts or jackets from years past, I am always a buyer though (professor jackets, STS participant shirts, TMB shirts...)

2. No, no team tourney has been scheduled. I would support an improptu event, if one happened, but because it cannot be sanctioned, I let that go this time.

3. If a fight broke out it would be dealt with appropriately, with security, DQs as needed, and suggestion to PUI that player(s) be banned from OP. I have NEVER seen it happen, and would not want this to be the first time. Also, MP Birch, and Bigpoppabeatdown are pretty big guys, so I am sure all the action could be controlled.

4. M45 pulls his hair, quietly walks outside, screams, shuffles all 120 cards together, counts out the first 60 and makes both players play with those decks for the remainder of the event.....

OK, maybe not. It would be dealt with. Decklists would be procurred, and other steps taken. Penalties would be assessed as needed.

5. Those are some weird questions, but, chaw, I like them.

In the event of an outer-space alien invasion, in which the aliens could verify a birthdate for me, and had legal 60 cards decks, they would be allowed to play in their appropriate age divisions, and be eligible for the trip and invites to worlds, thereby making it an inter-planetary event...(subject PUI approval) **I can see it now**Patriarch SCREAMS as he is beaten by an alien in the final round, with of all things, a Shiftry deck**

M45

Master Professor Birch
07/05/2004, 03:48 PM
:clap: ~~Attention GameBoy Advance Players~~ :clap:

GBA players will have a chance to receive a "Mysterious Pokemon" for their GameBoy Advance Systems at the "South Stadium Challenge". Find out who this "Mysterious Pokemon Trainer" is and what "Pokemon & Attacks" that it can do on Wednesday!!! If you play the GBA, you will want this Pokemon with its exciting attacks for your game!!! :eek:

Stay tuned-in to this "thread" to find out on Wednesday. Look every day to see what else has been added to this the "HOTTEST~BIGGEST~EXCITING EVENT" for Pokemon that the South has every seen!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cyrus
07/05/2004, 04:58 PM
**Patriarch SCREAMS as he is beaten by an alien in the final round, with of all things, a Shiftry deck**

M45

Yup, it's bad karma, Vince o_O

The alien...it must have known that I betrayed my favorite Pokemon...aieeee!

IvesRountree
07/05/2004, 08:35 PM
now I am wanting to go play, damn nationals, they awoke the fighting spirit within, but at least rest assured there will be a Ives/Vince showdown, since Ives just cant put behind what haooened at nationals... with all the stuff there, just cant believe anyone would not like to go at all, man, Vince and Charles are indeed putting all to this, superbowl for pokemon? I'd rather say its like poke-apalooza or pokewoodstock.

Team Cook
07/06/2004, 05:58 AM
It does sound awesome, doesn't it?

I just know Prof. Birch and Meg45 will live up to all this hype... We can't wait!

meganium45
07/06/2004, 12:04 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!

All the stuff from PUI just showed up (got a call from the wife)

Now, just waiting on the figures, and AWAY we go!!!

Talk with you all soon!!!

M45

GymLeaderPhil
07/06/2004, 01:44 PM
Where in the Convention Center is the event being held? Specifics please, thanks.
-Phil

meganium45
07/06/2004, 02:24 PM
It is in one of the front Convention Hall rooms (A I believe)

Directions will be clearly marked..

Are you coming Phil??? That would be too cool...

M45

Cyrus
07/06/2004, 03:34 PM
Yeah, ultra-pro released a new deck sleeve style, and lots of people were using them(not to cheat, but because they looked REALLY cool). The problem, however, is that the sleeves are not symetrical(neither on the x or y axis) _at_all_. Indeed they are very different. It was thought that some people could take advantage of this and turn a few sleeves around and be able to tell where certain cards are. PUI dissallowed them for the tournament(WotC banned them from all tournaments), and whenever someone was informed of this, they switched sleeves without a problem. I seriously doubt that anyone using these sleeves was trying to cheat.

Opinions on this? Richard and Vince, what are your plans with people who bring these kinds of sleeves to the event?

Master Professor Birch
07/06/2004, 05:52 PM
Opinions on this? Richard and Vince, what are your plans with people who bring these kinds of sleeves to the event?

~Patriarch~

Meganium45 has already answered this question in post #163. They are illegal to use in this event!!!

MP Birch

Cyrus
07/07/2004, 12:51 AM
oh, lol ^^""

Ty, ty.

Master Professor Birch
07/07/2004, 05:03 AM
:clap: ~~All Right...Today's The Day~~ :clap:

Today is the day that we will find out who and what are the rules for the "GBA Promo Pokemon". I can't wait to hear all the details. Stay tuned with a watchful eye. :D

Team Cook
07/07/2004, 11:43 AM
:clap: ~~All Right...Today's The Day~~ :clap:

Today is the day that we will find out who and what are the rules for the "GBA Promo Pokemon". I can't wait to hear all the details. Stay tuned with a watchful eye. :D

Wow! A GBA Pokemon Promo? Austin can't wait!!!

MP Birch, we're really looking forward to this. You always put on a great tournament, so with you and Meg45 co-chairing the Stadium Challenge, I know we'll be in good hands!

Thanks to you guys!

~Blazi-King~
07/07/2004, 01:25 PM
Woohoo a GBA Promo ~*starts crying*~

Team Cook
07/07/2004, 01:29 PM
Woohoo a GBA Promo ~*starts crying*~

Are those tears of joy?

poinko
07/07/2004, 10:59 PM
Who wants a GBA Promo? I know you do, don't you?

In Red and Blue, you could only choose one of two.
In Gold and Silver, 2 more were thrown into the fray,
In Ruby and Sapphire, they were nowhere to be seen
And you've thrilled to the topsy turvy antics of 1/4th of the team.

Now you cna have the best of all these Pokemon rolled into one! That's right, this weekend at the Southern Stadium Challenge, you'll be able to take home a special new Pokemon for your Ruby or Sapphire game, one you haven't seen in a long time. If you're able to track me down this weekend, I'll be able to swap you one of your GBA Pokemon for a special treat: Tyrogue!

Not just any Tyrogue, either. These Tyrogue are specially bred to have a unique moveset specifically for the Southern Stadium Challenge! Your Tyrogue will come equipped at level 5 with Tackle, Hi Jump Kick, Rapid Spin and Mach Punch!

If you'd like a Tyrogue of your own, make sure you bring your Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP system along with your Pokemon Ruby or Pokemon Sapphire game, and a Pokemon you're willing to trade. I shouldn't be very hard to spot, but if you're having trouble finding me, just ask around. Tyrogues are on a first-come, first-serve basis, but I hope to have enough for EVERYONE!

Hope to see you at the Southern Stadium Challenge!

-Poinko

Bigpoppabeatdown
07/08/2004, 07:04 AM
Also, MP Birch, and Bigpoppabeatdown are pretty big guys, so I am sure all the action could be controlled.

Pretty big?? i'm 6'4" 270...... what exactly is ur definition of ogre-like? lol

and i know who ur definition of HUGE is......... lol

Hagrid23
07/08/2004, 09:10 AM
and i know who ur definition of HUGE is......... lol

Hey,

I resemble that remark.... :p

Master Professor Birch
07/08/2004, 10:33 AM
:eek: :eek: ~~Last Minute Reminders...~~ :eek: :eek:

All VIP Players.....Bring your "VIP Badges" with you if you want the dicount ($5.00) off your Entry Fee. :cool:

All Players.....Please read previous posts for information on what is legal and what is NOT legal. :nonono:

"South Stadium Challenge" Judges and Staff Members.....Read posts about the "Pre-Tournament Dinner & Meeting" on Friday night at 7:00pm at the "Texas Land & Cattle Co.".....The address for the "Texas Land & Cattles Co." is 2009 East Copeland Road, Arlington, Texas / Phone: (817) 461-1500. This "Pre-Tournament Dinner & Meeting" is for the Judges and Staff Members. If you are bringing you family with you please let me know ASAP so that I can get another room for them.

Master Professor Birch will be leaving for Arlington on Friday afternoon at 2:00pm. If anyone has any questions, please ask them before 10:00am on Friday, so that I can answer them all before I leave.

Thanks to all of the players and staff members that will make this Pokemon Event the best that the South has ever see!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Dratini_Joe3
07/08/2004, 10:41 AM
Shoots! I won't be able to make it until later in the day unfortunately.
Would my kids and I be able to participate in some of the side events if we couldn't show up until after lunch?
Or do we have to participate in the inital tournament for the side events?

OK, MP Birch, the events are all sanctioned!!! Man, what a schedule....

For side events....

3:45 Modified Constructed #1
3:45 Unlimited Constructed #1

5:30 Gameboy Tourney #1
5:30 Unlimited Tourney #2
5:30 Hidden Legends Draft #1
5:30 Ruby/Sapphire Draft #1

7:30 Hidden Legends Rochester Draft
7:30 Unlimited Tourney #3
7:30 Ruby/Sapphire Draft #2
7:30 Gameboy Tourney #2

11:00 LOCATION TBA Late Night Rochester Draft.

M45

Master Professor Birch
07/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Shoots! I won't be able to make it until later in the day unfortunately.
Would my kids and I be able to participate in some of the side events if we couldn't show up until after lunch?
Or do we have to participate in the inital tournament for the side events?

~Dratint_Joe3~

Yes, you will be able to play in the "Side Events". But, it will cost you $5.00 for "Constructed" and the regular Entry Fee for "Drafts". If you play in the "Stadium Challenge", you could play in the "Constructed" events for FREE!!!

Master Professor Birch

meganium45
07/08/2004, 12:10 PM
All questions after tonight will have to be directed to MP Birch....

The St. Louis Caravan is leaving EARLY tomorrow, to arrive in Texas in plenty of time!!!

I can't wait to see you there!!

M45

Sensei
07/08/2004, 12:58 PM
Good luck on your event guys and may it be a big success!

`Sensei

Gym Leader Blaine
07/08/2004, 01:03 PM
Good luck on your event guys and may it be a big success!

`Sensei

Same, may your event be a success this weekend M45 & MPB.

meganium45
07/08/2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys... I am sure we will have some "reeling" reports on Saturday and Sunday...

Keep tuned to PIRN for battle by battle (OK, hour by hour) updates.

WOOT! CHAW!!! 14 hours until St. Louis LAUNCHES FOR TEXAS!!!

M45

RainbowRichards
07/08/2004, 04:28 PM
w00t - these guys have it going ON - Free events - Torchics - Free Figures - and.....LAB COATS!!! :D :D Wishing you the best success!

Master Professor Birch
07/09/2004, 03:47 AM
:clap: ~~OK Guys...One Day To Go!!!~~ :clap:

The count down has started for the "South Stadium Challenge"!!! :thumb: I know that there are many of you that will be on the road to Arlington this morning. Please, drive carefully and get here safe. ;) Meganium45 and all of his carvan are leaving from St. Louis early this morning. If you have any questions, please call, email, "PM", or ask your question here and Master Professor Birch will reply. My contact ionformation is the following:

Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell Phone: (972) 754-8618
Email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
PokeGym-PM: Master Professor Birch

MP Birch will be leaving for Arlington around 2:00pm this afternoon. After that time, you will need to call me with any questions. Again, if you are traveling from out of town, please have a safe and pleasant trip. Meganium45 and MP Birch are looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday morning at the "South Stadium Challenge" in Arlington, Texas. :D

Let's have some FUN~~Pokemon Style!!! :cool: Because: "IT IS HOTTER, BIGGER, & BETTER DOWN SOUTH".

Master Professor Birch
07/09/2004, 12:27 PM
It is 2:25pm and MP Birch is haeding to the van to take his "Magical Pokemon Tour" to Arlington, Texas. Be safe and I will see you all tomorrow morning at the "SOUTH STADIUM CHALLENGE".

Good Luck to all of the Pokemon Players attending.

Master Professor Birch

SteveP
07/09/2004, 12:53 PM
If anyone wants to play some Pokemon today (Friday), meet us as Room 108 at the Howard Johnsons Express on Copeland (next to the Texas Land & Cattle) after 5pm.

Otherwise, we'll see the rest of you tonight at the dinner/staff meeting or tomorrow at the Stadium.

Colorado Crew

rody1202
07/09/2004, 04:35 PM
After traveling from Raleigh, NC... we have realized that we forgot to bring 2 rare candy... Can anyone loan us these cards??? PLEASE?? We appreciate any help!!! Thanks!

Cyrus
07/09/2004, 04:46 PM
Rody, tell me what you'll be wearing. I will have 1-2 spare candies for you to borrow.

ultimate_healer
07/09/2004, 04:59 PM
i would just like to take this time to say good luck to everyone goin to this event

rody1202
07/09/2004, 05:03 PM
Well... I'm the "mom"... and I'll have a LARGE CLEAR dice box about 12" x 8" filled with ONLY unique 12 sided dice :-) ... What will I be wearing? Capri pants (i.e. the pants don't reach the floor and sandals)... THANKS for the help!!!

yoshi1001
07/09/2004, 05:40 PM
Just a reminder for those of you listening in: If you tune in before the live broadcast starts, you'll be disconnected when the switchover occurs and have to connect again.

Cyrus
07/09/2004, 09:49 PM
Well... I'm the "mom"... and I'll have a LARGE CLEAR dice box about 12" x 8" filled with ONLY unique 12 sided dice :-) ... What will I be wearing? Capri pants (i.e. the pants don't reach the floor and sandals)... THANKS for the help!!!

Oh, this is no problem at all. I am loaning out a Blaziken, 2 Swamperts, a Swampert ex, (maybe) Friend Balls, and most likely more than that to people who need stuff last-second. I wish 'im luck. :)

In the words of Birch, remember all,

~~~THIS WILL BE A WAR!!!~~~

~Patriarch

PokeMasterFlabface
07/09/2004, 11:53 PM
Alright, I wish I could go but I can't. But hey I wish you all the best of luck and let the best man or woman win. :)

yoshi1001
07/10/2004, 07:45 AM
Just to let you folks know, the live broadcast has started (though coverage won't start for another hour or so).

5:30 PM Update: I've switched back to basic mode due to lack of contact with the event site.

Pooka
07/11/2004, 11:39 AM
I heard Denise Barlock won and nikePK got Top 4. Is that CORRECT?

Jim Ferrell
07/11/2004, 11:58 AM
I know Denise Barlock won the whole thing, I was talking to her daughter Stephanie over the whole tournament. I have also heard about NikePK getting T4.

~Jim

ultimate_healer
07/11/2004, 12:19 PM
any idea wat each age group standing look like...need to know how my buddy chris did

Chewie
07/11/2004, 12:56 PM
Ultimate healer. What age group is chris in?
I heard the computer was no problem and that things went okay this time around.

I also heard Aaron Curry took 2nd in 11-14. congrat Aaron . I think he is with team florida.

Does anyone know the other winners?

ultimate_healer
07/11/2004, 01:17 PM
Ultimate healer. What age group is chris in?

He was in the 15+

GymLeaderPhil
07/11/2004, 02:11 PM
88 people total?
-Phil

Professor_Chris
07/11/2004, 02:34 PM
I took 21st (tied for 18th I believe)...you kin ask everyone...yesterday was not my day. I'll post a report soon.

IvesRountree
07/11/2004, 02:46 PM
nakamuru took fisrt on 11=14, I got his last name wrong, sorry, it was nakumuru or something like that, great player, took aaron for the 2d, butthe secnd trip passed down to the third, comgrats to all, and congrats to the judges.

great tournment overall.

Ives

PokeMasterFlabface
07/11/2004, 04:28 PM
Alright peeps from my League got up to the top.. alright San Antonio won't be forgotten. :)

SD PokeMom
07/11/2004, 06:07 PM
Okay, Patriarch: I've deleted your post because you are pointing people to another site, rather than posting the results here.
I'm rather confused: you can't take the time to post the _results_ here, but _can_ post allegations of cheating?

If you don't know that it's true, PLEASE don't post it; 'I heard...' isn't quite good enough. Look at the posts regarding Nationals to see what I mean, please.

Thank you for understanding.

'mom

Cyrus
07/11/2004, 06:32 PM
Okay, my apologies. Let a judge or whoever come forward; I just hear more than one or two poor sports being "overly fed up." I have heard this consistently from several people, and it's just worth mentioning.

But yeah, here are the results I posted on Neo:

1st: Denise Barlock (Crobyss)
2nd: Robert Eguia (Gardevoir)
3rd: Pat something-something ;x (LSD)
4th: Dana Lynch (Blazimence)
7th/5th: Devin Jackson (Shiftry)
6th/7th: John Kettler (Blaze/Ray)
5th/8th: Danny Fish (RAMBO
8th/6th: Brad Aldred (Blaze/Ray)

Kenshin's Garde
07/11/2004, 09:56 PM
nakamuru took fisrt on 11=14, I got his last name wrong, sorry, it was nakumuru or something like that, great player, took aaron for the 2d, butthe secnd trip passed down to the third, comgrats to all, and congrats to the judges.

great tournment overall.

Ives

This is the top three in 11-14:
Tyler N (Gardy)
Aaron C (Blaze)
Joshua (I think :o ) D (Niniken)

Props :)
Run smooth by Meg45 and MProfBirch
Great players
Friendly environment
On schedule
Lunch break :D

Slops :fire:
Couldn't find the Tyrouge guy :mad:

Pidgeotto Trainer
07/11/2004, 10:26 PM
This is the top three in 11-14:
Tyler N (Gardy)
Aaron C (Blaze)
Joshua (I think :o ) D (Niniken)

Props :)
Run smooth by Meg45 and MProfBirch
Great players
Friendly environment
On schedule
Lunch break :D

Slops :fire:
Couldn't find the Tyrouge guy :mad:
Whoa! Is that Tyler Ninomura from Washington who won?

SteveP
07/11/2004, 11:53 PM
It was the best!! Denise B's Crobat/Gorbyss deck was the PERFECT deck for the expected metagame. The final against Robert E's Gardy was a real good match with the first and third games being the key games for Denise as she was able to setup before Robert could take her out early like he did in the second game.

Correction: the Salamence/Blaziken deck finished 3rd and the Lanturn/TA-Lanturn deck finished 4th.

For the 10-under group that I helped judge, M45's kid won with Gardy against a Metagross/Wobby deck. In 3rd was an AmphyEX/Lanturn and 4th was another Metagross/something.

for the 11-14, my lone Colorado player in that age group was able to put together a decent anti-meta deck (anti-psychic/anti-fire). His Metagross/Wynaut/Wobby/Gorbyss deck go him into the Top 8 before he lost to a well-designed Ninekin deck to finish 5th and earn an invitation to Worlds.

The event was well-run and fully-staffed thanks to M45 and MPBirch. GREAT JOB guys.

A few points.

- only the PTO (M45) and the head-HJ (MPBirch) were allowed to give game-loss penalty. In one of the 10-under matches a player mistakenly thought he'd drawn his last prize and picked up all his cards before realizing he still had one prize left. It was obvious this player would've won the game (he was winning 3 prizes to 1). The game was in the 4th round and had records of 1-2 and/or 0-3 and no chance of making the top 4. Instead of giving the more severe game loss penalty, the decision was made to make the match a draw. It was perhaps the prudent thing to do in order to prevent a seriously distressed child and both kids walked away happy. However, because there was a 3-way tie for the 4th spot in the Top 4, the decision to tie the match instead of giving the game loss may have had an impact on the tiebreaker. Nevertheless, I personally think it was a BRILLIANT judgement call for the given age group. Obviously, the game-loss penalty would've most likely been given for the older age groups. It was nice to see that extra consideration was given to keep the 10-under players happy and excited the whole day.

- I guess in some locations, if a player discards his supporter before announcing his attack, his turn is considered to be over. I had one player complain that once his opponent discarded his supporter, his turn was over. This was new to me because I always thought that once your turn was over, you discarded your supporter, not the reverse. In fact, later in the game, I returned to notice that this same player still had a supporter out during his opponent's turn. I immediately jumped in and humoroulsy said, "What's going on here? Why do you have a supporter out during your opponent's turn?" When he tried to discard it I said, "You can't discard that until it's your turn." When his turn started, I made him discard his supporter and jokenly told him his turn was over. I think he got my point about why I ruled the way I did (discarding a supporter DOES NOT end your turn - although it IS a minor procedure error). I later asked the head judge this question and surprisely he told me that discarding a supporter DOES end your turn, in his book.

- William Hung showed up and built a decent Sponge deck (Exploud/Wobby/Nurse/Briney/ATM-rock) at the last minute. This player is GOOD. I watched a few of his matches and NEVER saw him make a blunder. Watch out for Will at Worlds! Also, Will has fans. There was a teen conference going on in the neighboring convention hall. More than once the teens lined up to meet Mr Hung, and more than once the PTO had to clear them out.

- TMS 1.16 NEVER broken down. There was one minor glitch when the recorder endered the results wrong (user error). However, M45 and MPBirch did an EXCELLENT job of staffing TMS-pros to run the software. Since I use my personal tournament software, I really couldn't fill that role and choose to help judge the 10-under instead. Other than result slips and few minor re-pairing bugs, it appears that TMS 1.16 is near-stable. I'm wondering if the suspected errors at Nationals were more "user errors" than "software error."

- Dave Schwimmer attended and was very informative about how Worlds will be run. Here's a few tidbits. 1. After the swiss, there will be a cut to the top 32. The first round of the top 32 will be best-of-3 and held on Saturday. Top 16 will then resume on Sunday. This gives more players the chance to either play in side events on Sunday, or attend Disneyworld with their family/friends. 2. Players can pre-register on Friday night and turn in their deckslists. They can then show up at 10am the next morning. Otherwise, if they don't register and/or turn in their decklists, they must show up at 7am the next morning. (No sleeping in.) 3. The Worlds Champs "might" be getting a "trophy" playing card, something that is unique. No more details beyond that. 4. Staffers will get a Metagross promo too.

- If a parent has already been booked a flight to Worlds because their child won a trip, any trip that parent earns at the Stadium will be handed down. This happened no less than 3 times at the South Stadium. POP is doing an EXCELLENT job of make sure the maximum number of players can attend Worlds. GREAT DECISION POP!!!

- finally, IT IS HOTTER DOWN SOUTH!!! It was 100+ in the sun and 95 in the shade. My Colorado crew choose NOT to attend Six Flags on Friday because of the heat. We hung out by the pool or in the cool hotel room instead.

Hopefully, M45 and MPBirch impressed POP (Dave S.) with how well this Stadium was run that they'll be picked again next time to run it in the South.

Good luck everyone at Worlds. I'll see the rest of you at GenCon.

Cyrus
07/12/2004, 12:19 AM
I know, Steve! He's just a regular dude...why did everybody go all ga-ga? In my game with him, he did play excellent, and our match was indeed close. To look into the Patriarch/William duel, go to my report, and see how I lost XP

But yeah, I pretended to not have heard of him being on American Idol, simply 'cause everybody around me was all "OMG WILLIAM HUNG!" It seems, despite not posting much, he indeed reads a LOT into what the community says, as he's well aware of the Pokemon Patriarch. He goes to 'Gym and Neo, and understands the meta well. I was actually surprised when he brought up Milotic/Furret/Wigglex and Bad Mom, lol

Hagrid23
07/12/2004, 07:58 AM
Here are the semi-official results from the South Stadium Challenge. I've listed invites and trips. Don't have the deck info. Congrats to everyone that played. I don't think that anyone went away unhappy.

The demographics from the Finals was really interesting and showed that this was a NATIONAL event:

10 & Under: St. Louis, MO vs Ft Worth, TX
11-14: Viera, FL vs Seattle, WA
15 & Up: Raleigh, NC vs Ft Worth, TX

The Lynch Mob (2 top 4, 1 top 8) and The Fish family (top 2, top 8) represented Texas well.

Hm.... Oh yeh, the results:

10 & Under

1st - Andrew K (passed down trip and invite)
2nd - Demetre F (Trip/Invite)
3rd - Dale L (Trip/Invite)
4th - Taylor V (Invite)
5th - ??? (Invite)

11-14

1st - Tyler N (Trip/Invite)
2nd - Aaron C (passed down trip and invite :D )
3rd - Jordan D (Trip/Invite)
4th - Ryan Soles (Invite)
5th - Zach Simmons (Invite)
6th - Andrew L
7th - Dylan L
8th - Heather L

15 & Up

1st - Denise Barlock (Invite, passed down trip)
2nd - Robert Eguia (Trip and Invite)
3rd - Dana Lynch (Invite, passed dow trip)
4th - Pat Kennedy (Trip and Invite)
5th - Devin Jackson
6th - Brad Allred
7th - John Kettler
8th - Danny Fish

Congrats to all the winners.

MAJOR-MAJOR props to Aaron, Denise, and Dana for passing down their trips because other family members already had won them. :)

On to DC for the East Stadium Challenge. See you at Worlds.

Hagrid23

meganium45
07/12/2004, 09:39 AM
OK, here's the first reaction from a PTO at the site....I am tired.

We had a total of 101 people participate in this event....with some only playing side events, and I hope everyone had a really good time.

I need to first give a GIANT shout out (who talks like that?) to Richard Collinsworth, for his work with me in making this the best event I have ever attended, or been a part of. It was an honor to work with you, and I know we will be collaberating in the future.

Second, to all of the staff members who truly fufilled our vision of dinner the night before the event, and made the event a true success for the parents, the kids, and the other staff members. We came together as one seamless unit, and if our worst problems were 1. Table numbers and 2. a 9 minute delay (yes that's all it was) for an 11-14 round, then we did very very good. How good was the staff? We not only stayed ON SCHEDULE all day, but we also completed a Rochester Draft, a Ruby/Sapphire draft, 4 modified tourneys, 2 unlimited tourneys, 4 gameboy tourneys (THANKS POINKO and SPECTREON, YOU GUYS ROCK), and the late night draft that lasted until 2:30 a.m. with pizza and fun for all!

Third....to the players at the event. Happiness is having all the players walk away happy. Of course not everyone can win. Not everyone will win. You all truly showed your class in the way you handled William Hung being there and treating him like one of the guys. It showed the true class of the Pokemon players who showed up. Hopefully, when you see me at worlds, you will all remember the PROPER answer to the question whynot? the answer will still be the same. (rewards for correct answer too!). We almost thought we were going to see the 4th installment of the epic 10- battle between Kevin W. and Andrew....but Kevin took this main event off, but certainly excelled at the side events!!!

Fourth...to the first wives of the event, Mrs. 45 and Mrs Birch (Denise and Rhonda), and the honorary 3rd first wife, Anita! You all did the little things that make these events go smoothly!
Anita, I do not know how to thank you for your tireless effort of "protecting William Hung", and your continued packing when everyone was far too run down to go much further.

Fifth...to my head judges...who showed the charisma, stamina, and wisdom of exactly how this event is to be handled. You all really stepped forward to make this event great for the players. The little touches you did throughout the day to players really made an impact. Chaddy, get a haircut.

Sixth, but certainly not lastly...to Dave Schwimmer - to show up, to treat the staff, Richard and myself, and our wives the way you did, to take time out for the players, and to clearly support the game and the event in every way, even when you got to do the hard jobs, and I jumped on the easy one! Thanks again Dave. This next year for Pokemon is going to be GRAND!!!

I am forgetting a lot of thank yous, I know....it was amazing to meet a lot of you for the first time, and hopefully not the last. This is the kind of event that continues to keep pokemon great!

I can only hope that the East and West Stadium Challenges go nearly as smoothly...with the organizers, and the staff, I have every confidence that they will!!!

See you all at worlds....WOOT CHAW!!!

M45

yoshi1001
07/12/2004, 10:05 AM
M45, I hate to bring this up, but what was up with the no communication?

meganium45
07/12/2004, 10:50 AM
OK. I will be simple and brief with this.

I was so focused on the event itself, that the PIRN update completely slipped my mind.

I apologize to you and offer you the following advice...get the cell phone number of the person who is supposed to update you to "remind them".

Slops to me for dropping that ball. I say if that is the worst thing I had happen, we did well.

M45

Cyrus
07/12/2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Hagrid, your results are a lil odd. In Will's report, he loses in his first round to the guy who eventually played me, and who eventually played pat.

Hagrid23
07/12/2004, 11:45 AM
Hey Hagrid, your results are a lil odd. In Will's report, he loses in his first round to the guy who eventually played me, and who eventually played pat.

Whoops... Musta looked at the chart cross-eyed. I think I just read so much about Will on the boards that I typed his name in my sleep-deprived stupor. It's fixed now. :o

Cyrus
07/12/2004, 11:47 AM
Lol, yayness. I'm not 8th ^_^

Hagrid23
07/12/2004, 11:50 AM
Lol, yayness. I'm not 8th ^_^

Actually, 5th - 8th were assigned (arbitrarily by me) based on each players seed going into the t16. All four of you got the same recognition and reward.

Whicker
07/12/2004, 11:57 AM
by the way
I was the one who took third in 11-14
my was the coolness Niniken deck

^_^

I have to give a huge shout-out to Aaron, for passing his trip to me

MrMeches
07/12/2004, 02:23 PM
HEy.. 8th is better than 58th!! Gosh Patriarch, show some love here! We all tied newayz... the onnly way it should be listed!!;)

Chewie
07/13/2004, 05:45 PM
I have to give a huge shout-out to Aaron, for passing his trip to me

Whicker, thanks for giving Aaron a shout out. He's pretty cool and passed down the trip on his own
(with no prompting from his dad)

Sorry peeps Im a rotten speller

WORLDS ONE BIG FAMILY PARTY

Whicker
07/13/2004, 05:50 PM
he deserved it
I mean, it was the humane thing to do, but he didn't have to

Kenshin's Garde
07/13/2004, 06:59 PM
Okey dokey smokey, I was looking at me rankin' on op.pokemon-tcg.com. I saw that my ranking hasn't been updated for the SSC. Does anyone KNOW when it will be updated?

Hagrid23
07/13/2004, 07:10 PM
Okey dokey smokey, I was looking at me rankin' on op.pokemon-tcg.com. I saw that my ranking hasn't been updated for the SSC. Does anyone KNOW when it will be updated?

M45 is working hard to get them posted as we speak. They will definately be there within the next day and the results will be reflected in the ratings the next day. :cool:

Whicker
07/13/2004, 07:11 PM
probably tomorrow
from my knowledge Nintendo usually updates on Wed if the tourny isn't reported

PokemonTrainer D
07/14/2004, 01:17 AM
MAJOR-MAJOR props to Aaron, Denise, and Dana for passing down their trips because other family members already had won them. :)

I guess you weren't near by when Denise won or you would have heard her trying to keep the hotel portion of the travel package. As I understood it she and her son both already had travel packages but she was very loud and adamant that she wanted to keep the hotel and that it shouldn't roll down.

However props should go to Dana Lynch. While both of his children had won trips there was nothing preventing him from keeping his trip. He graciously passed it down like the true sportsman he is.

PokemonTrainer D
07/14/2004, 01:20 AM
Great Event!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought much about traveling to Tennesse or Missouri but I will now. They don't get much better than this. :D

meganium45
07/14/2004, 07:29 AM
Goal is, all main event reporting will be in tonight...all side event reporting in by tommorow, well ahead of the July 16th deadline, and much faster than Nationals.

Sorry guys, I do have a real job to deal with.

M45

Team Cook
07/14/2004, 08:00 AM
Goal is, all main event reporting will be in tonight...all side event reporting in by tommorow, well ahead of the July 16th deadline, and much faster than Nationals.

Sorry guys, I do have a real job to deal with.

M45

What? You didn't know? You're not supposed to have a real job! Nothing should interfere with Pokemon! Especially reporting the stadium results.... I can't believe you didn't know that! ;)

They don't cut you any slack, do they, Vince?

Cyrus
07/14/2004, 08:36 PM
It's a tough world as a lawyer...I'm planning to be one ^^"""""

Spectreon
07/17/2004, 11:27 AM
4 gameboy tourneys (THANKS POINKO and SPECTREON, YOU GUYS ROCK)

Thanx for letting me run them, an interesting day overall, even if my TCG wasnt up to snuff....

And thanx to Poink for all his help, and kewl Tyrouges..... and to all who had fun GBA'ing it up with all that was going on around us....