PDA

View Full Version : Stafford,Va. Hidden Legends Prerelease June 5 [OMG! CHANGES AND UPDATES!]

Sensei
04/07/2004, 12:23 PM
:pokeball: Stafford,Va. Hidden Legends Prerelease! :pokeball:

Hey everyone, you`re all invited to come on over for the brand new set Hidden Legends Prerelease! Be the first to get these brand new cards and also have a blast playing in the tournament! There will also be a brand new, first time ever done at a Prerelease, Theme Deck Tournament (see below for specific details)!

Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name, POP ID#(if you have one), your age and Date of Birth, and which event you are calling for (Hidden Legends Prerelease). If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.

`Sensei

p.s. This post is being updated periodically. Check back often!!!

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Saturday June 5th, 2004

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts after.

2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
Stafford,Va. 22554
540-659-0123

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get 6 Hidden Legends booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokιmon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

THEME DECK INFO

Instead of 6 packs of cards the newer players can opt to participate in a theme deck challenge where they get a random theme deck to battle with. After the event, they receive 3 Booster Packs and the Top 50% get an extra pack! The event is unsanctioned and limited to 24 players. Priority will be given to 10 and under players first, then their parents, then older players for entry into this event. The Theme Deck challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age Modified Swiss.

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get a random Hidden Legends Theme Deck to use in the Theme Deck tournament. After the tournament, each player will receive 3 Hidden Legends pack and the Top 50% of the players will receive an extra pack!

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are; Under 10, 11-14 and 15 and up.

Everyone who registers receives a HL Prerelease Swalot Promo Card!

Top eight finishers in EACH of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes:

• 1st Place 1 Display Box of Pokιmon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 2nd Place 18 Pokιmon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 3rd & 4th Place 9 Pokιmon TCG: EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

• 5th through 8th Place 4 Pokιmon EX Hidden Legends Booster Packs

Each entrant receives a Hidden Legends prelease stamped Swalot promo card!

DOOR PRIZES

• Top Door Prize!: A Classic NES Limited Edition Gameboy Advance SP!

• 9 packs of TM vs. TA
• 1 EX Series Value Pack (3 packs) with the #020 Ludicolo promo
• A Pokemon Master Quest Zapdos action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Blaziken/Tailow action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Seviper/Treeko action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Torchic/Sharpedo action figure set
• A Pokemon Mighty Beanz 5 Bean set featuring James of Team Rocket
• A "Prerelease" 4 card collectors frame w/ the 4 Prerelease promos!
• A 4 pack of the Target Promos
• Absol/Darkness Energy Holo combo
• Pokemon Cloth Playmat

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Gameboy Advance Pokemon Sapphire Version game cartridge for Gameboy Advance!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

LIMITED AMOUNT OF OFFICIAL HIDDEN LEGENDS PRERELEASE T-SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE!!

There will be a limited amount of Official Hidden Legends Prerelease T-Shirts on sale, so you better grab them before they are gone! Prices for S-XL are $11.50 and XX-XXX are $13.00.

Raikou Trainer
04/09/2004, 10:34 AM
Theme decks, huh? I'm sure I'd do well using a theme deck instead of taking chances with 6 packs. (I have terrible luck with packs, as shown in my pathetic 25th place ranking in the last prerelease... :( )

Physics Squirrel
04/09/2004, 12:28 PM
I hope I can come, do you have any info on whether there will be one in Rockville and when?

Sensei
04/09/2004, 01:11 PM
Mark: No one will always win! Just keep trying. If you do go the Theme Deck Route,do remember that 10- and their parents are given first priority and the Theme Deck event is limited to 24 players. :)

PS: Hope you can make it down here!The Rockville HL Prerelease will be the following weekend.Not sure which day.

`Sensei

Physics Squirrel
04/09/2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the dates, I've never been able to make it to a tourney in Stafford (my dad doesn't want to drive me somewhere thats an hour away, understandably), but I shoudl be there at Dream Wizards. Still can't believe my sister won a box at the TMTA prerelease.

Raikou Trainer
04/10/2004, 12:15 PM
Mark: No one will always win! Just keep trying. If you do go the Theme Deck Route,do remember that 10- and their parents are given first priority and the Theme Deck event is limited to 24 players. :)

PS: Hope you can make it down here!The Rockville HL Prerelease will be the following weekend.Not sure which day.

`SenseiI know. I come to these tournaments just to play and have fun (and to also be an envy to the Pokemon players here in Fredericksburg :D). If you remember my performance in the Theme Deck tournament last May (or was it June?), you'll know why I would rather use a Theme Deck... ;)

Sensei
05/04/2004, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone, we will be having a limited amount of "Official" Hidden Legends Prerelease Shirts for sale. If you`d like to secure your shirt and pre-order one, lmk by May 10th at the latest.You can e-mail or pm me. All I will need to know is how many shirts you want and what sizes. Prices for S-XL are $11.50 and XX-XXX are $13.00.

`Sensei

faceplant
05/05/2004, 03:33 PM
If anybody lives near Va beach and is going to the pre-release on the 5th of June PM me and let me know. Also if anybody knows where a card list and spoiler is for the hidden legends set is cough it up!

thanks *plant

Cyborg_27107
05/05/2004, 03:52 PM
faceplant-
Look around on this site (http://www.fakecard.com/)

faceplant
05/05/2004, 05:34 PM
faceplant-
Look around on this site (http://www.fakecard.com/)

cool, thanks! I found the list! Some pretty CooL cards, can't wait!

* :eek:* plant

Sensei
05/06/2004, 06:56 AM
The more the merrier. :)

I have some pre-orders taken.Just a reminder that I need to know by Monday at the latest.

TrueGamerX
05/15/2004, 08:52 PM
Robin, Rikki, Will, and the TrueGamer are coming back!!!

Sensei
05/20/2004, 03:22 PM
Sweet! I have updated some info and listed some of the door prizes! ;)

Sensei
05/24/2004, 02:35 PM
Prizes updated! Now,what will I name as the Top Door prizes...:D

TrueGamerX
05/24/2004, 04:06 PM
Sensei, is pizza going to be served at the Prerelease? Because I got some hungry friends especially my friend Rodney thats coming.

faceplant
05/24/2004, 06:21 PM
Have the top door prize be a box of HL. I think that would be the best... Just my opinion. Hopefully I can still make it. Might have to work.... :mad:
If it means crying to get out of work then so be it.... :D

Sensei
05/24/2004, 08:13 PM
TG, I havent heard of PUI saying anything yet but you never know...I`ll keep everyone posted if they do something like this.

FP, A box of HL would be sweet, but I doubt that they`ll give us enough where I could do that. If they would, consider it done but I doubt it. Hope you can make it!

`Sensei

Sensei
05/30/2004, 08:39 PM
Wow, just one more week...where did time go? Oh, did someone mention the Top Door prize is a BLUE Gameboy Advance SP? Oops, I just did... :p ;)

See everyone there!

`Sensei

TheCrossFormatKid
05/30/2004, 09:48 PM
See everyone there!

`Sensei

You won't be seeing me there :-[ Taking the SAT.

Physics Squirrel
05/31/2004, 11:07 PM
Could someone pick me up at my house? I only live an hour away from Stafford. :B I don't think I can get a ride. :(

Sensei
06/01/2004, 04:39 PM
Too far from me. Maybe one of the Marylanders coming down?

Ah crikey! I haven`t determined what the prize for the Guess the Damage Counter Contest! Hmm...what should I get as a prize... ;)

`Sensei

faceplant
06/02/2004, 08:57 AM
YEA! I don't have to work!!! I'll be there!!!

Physics Squirrel - do you live south of stafford?

Physics Squirrel
06/02/2004, 10:47 AM
Sensei, do you know about when the event will end and if there will be a side event? Please let there be a side event.

Sensei
06/02/2004, 11:47 AM
Usually ends around 5ish, give or take a half hour...I said usually...depends on the turnout and how many rounds. There won`t be a side event per se but we do have that Theme Deck tournament but that`ll be running simultaneously.

`Sensei

SHPanda
06/02/2004, 12:14 PM
how about some booster drafts

Physics Squirrel
06/02/2004, 12:18 PM
That might be nice. Come to think of it, I've never done a draft, just sealed deck.

Adv1sor
06/02/2004, 12:21 PM
yeah for the booster draft idea!

Sensei
06/02/2004, 02:25 PM
That would be awesome...;)

I just got my product in so everything is set.

`Sensei

SHPanda
06/02/2004, 03:19 PM
if you have extra stuff. i'd say go for it. but then again i'd onlying saying that cuz i'd prolly be playing. or better yet
have a second thing. where only the sealed count and anyone who wants to do booster draft at the same time do draft. and if enought people come to draft. then we could sanction it. I think people would have alot more fun drafting than just sealed. but then again not everyone knows how do draft. :-\

Adv1sor
06/02/2004, 06:47 PM
I think that the last time we drafted in Stafford it went very well.

I'd love to do it again.

Physics Squirrel
06/03/2004, 11:42 AM
The main tournament could be sealed deck and just have a draft side event

SHPanda
06/03/2004, 12:35 PM
i suppose but how would we get extra hidden legends packs. well if we get 2 boxes then we could run a draft cuz lets see 8 people. 6 packs each. thats 48 packs. 12 packs left over as prizes to first and second with single elmin. though since its draft which requires alot of skill i would like to make this match play. really it would only take like 2 and 1/2 hours. not too long.

Sensei
06/03/2004, 02:00 PM
8 people Mike? What about others if they want to play? ;) You guys may just get your wish...no promises, but it just may happen.

Oh, got the limited amount of Hidden Legends shirts in! Saaaweeeet!

"Game On" Saturday!!!!

`Sensei

Physics Squirrel
06/03/2004, 02:10 PM
Turns out I'll probably be able to come, but I won't be able to stay for side events most likely (like the draft) :(

But I can get my shirt! :D

SHPanda
06/03/2004, 06:12 PM
8 people Mike? What about others if they want to play? ;) You guys may just get your wish...no promises, but it just may happen.

Oh, got the limited amount of Hidden Legends shirts in! Saaaweeeet!

"Game On" Saturday!!!!

`Sensei

just have multiple drafts. or have 1 big draft but in pods of 8. but if you want to keep it simple just keep them in multiples of eight. that way its simple

Sensei
06/04/2004, 04:59 PM
OMG! Update!

The Top Door Prize is now a Classic NES Limited Edition Gameboy Advance SP!!!

I also have named the "Guess the Damage Counter" prize...it`s a Pokemon Sapphire Version Game cartridge for the Gameboy Advance!!!

Sweet,huh? ;)

As for a booster draft and/or any other side event, I`ll let everyone know for sure tomorrow. The Booster Draft looks like it may be a go(no promises though).

`Sensei

Sensei
06/04/2004, 07:39 PM
Oh, did I mention I`ll give out randomly some of the Holo Boxtopper Groudon`s? :D

See everyone tomorrow for good times. ;)

`Sensei

TheCrossFormatKid
06/04/2004, 08:24 PM
Man sensei, that nes gbasp is so tempting, i could just skip my SAT ;-)

Sensei
06/04/2004, 08:46 PM
Dr. Sensei here. What? You have coughing and a temperature? Here, get this prescription filled out and you better reschedule your SAT so you can go to the prerele...er... home and rest. :lol:

:p

We`ll miss ya Sean! ;)

`Sensei

Sensei
06/05/2004, 06:25 PM
Well, we all had a blast! 39 people isn`t too bad, but alot of MIA`s...where was TruegamerX`s crew? Also, Sean, Brian and kids, and several others couldn`t make it. But we all had a blast and the whole event was a success. Thanx to the outstanding Judging crew of David and Dave and also thanks to Wendy for all of her help! I`ll put up a full attendance/winner report within the next day or so. Oh, and congrats to all the winners and congrats to all the players. You all did great and were ALL great sports!

`Sensei

Edit: Oops! I accidentally put Mike instead of Dave(sorry Dave!) as judge. It was David and Dave that were the awesome judges! My apologies. :o

Rocketman
06/05/2004, 07:44 PM
Congrats on another fun, well run tourny, Mike! Wish I were there!
Rick

TrueGamerX
06/05/2004, 07:58 PM
Well Sensei, Robin and us couldn't make it since Robin's husband just got back from Korea and her brother-in-law had a wedding today unexpectedly. We were greatly disappointed :(, and I need more good cards for my next card giveaway contest! But it's all good, looking forward to the next PreRelease. In addition, we might run an Unlimited tournament down here in Hampton :)

Wheres da pics yo?

totoro
06/06/2004, 10:02 AM
Well, we all had a blast! 39 people isn`t too bad, but alot of MIA`s...where was TruegamerX`s crew? Also, Sean, Brian and kids, and several others couldn`t make it. But we all had a blast and the whole event was a success. Thanx to the outstanding Judging crew of David and Dave and also thanks to Wendy for all of her help! I`ll put up a full attendance/winner report within the next day or so. Oh, and congrats to all the winners and congrats to all the players. You all did great and were ALL great sports!

`Sensei

I agree Mike--The sportsmanship that everyone showed was evident throughout the day. Win or lose, everyone was having an absolute blast. Sorry I had to cut out a little early, hope you understand.

Totoro

faceplant
06/06/2004, 12:24 PM
yeah, I had a good time....I actually won a game and I won 2 in the booster draft that followed! hopefully this is the start of growing improvement.

...Now for the reign of metagross and the fall of the great blaziken...

ShadowCard
06/06/2004, 12:45 PM
yes, the sportsmanship was excellent (I had one opponent who let me take back an energy that I attached to the wrong pokemon even though it meant the KO of his active. I didn't attack for a turn after that but unfortunately he couldn't get the 1 fighting energy card he needed to make a comeback).
Sure, there was the time where we all were yelling at each other in the second event but let us never speak of that again :p.

fall of blaziken... yummy

yes, pictures....must have pics *monotone as if a zombie*

Sensei
06/06/2004, 02:13 PM
Hey, no problem Ryan(?).

I`ll be getting those pics up soon enough as well as the tourney report. Also, Brian FINALLY sent me the pics of the Md. Gym Challenge so I`ll be posting those as well...;)

`Sensei

Physics Squirrel
06/06/2004, 06:57 PM
I won Sapphire, yay! Oh, wait, I already have 2 Rubies and a Sapphire. Pfft. Oh well. Anyone want to trade HL cards for a Pokemon Sapphire Version?

Sensei
06/06/2004, 09:09 PM
OK, here`s the Stafford,Va. Hidden Legends Prerelease (http://community.webshots.com/user/sensei_tc) pics. Report up tomorrow.

`Sensei

Sensei
06/07/2004, 03:43 PM
OK...here`s all the info everyone has been waiting for. Congrats to all the winners and congrats to all the players. You all did great and were awesome players and great sports! Congrats also to Dave and David, the judges and to Wendy as well. You three were superb! We all had a blast, judges and players alike and the new cards and foils are just sweet! To all who couldn`t make it...you missed an enormously fun day of playing Pokemon and hopefully you`ll be at my next event!

On to the results!!!

`Sensei
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Attendance

39 Players

10- : 3
11-14 : 14
15+ : 22

Door prize drawing winners

• Top Door Prize!: A Classic NES Limited Edition Gameboy Advance SP!: Chris P

• BONUS! 9 Packs of HL: Johnny R
• 9 packs of TM vs. TA: Brett M
• 1 EX Series Value Pack (3 packs) with the #020 Ludicolo promo: Javier S
• A Pokemon Master Quest Zapdos action figure set: Kyle M
• A Pokemon Advanced Blaziken/Tailow action figure set: Christian S
• A Pokemon Advanced Seviper/Treeko action figure set: Garret F
• A Pokemon Advanced Torchic/Sharpedo action figure set: David A
• A Pokemon Mighty Beanz 5 Bean set featuring James of Team Rocket: Jake A
• A "Prerelease" 4 card collectors frame w/ the 4 Prerelease promos!: Leah H
• A 4 pack of the Target Promos: Bill K
• Absol/Darkness Energy Holo combo: Kim V
• Pokemon Cloth Playmat: Nick H
• Bonus Boxtopper Groudons!: Jonathan C, Chris P, and a few others.

"Guess the Damage Counters" for a Pokemon Sapphire for Gameboy Game" Winner

• Melody A

Overall Results

1st) Timothy F
2nd) Samuel M
3rd) Aaron H
4th) Chris P
5th) Alex S
6th) Megan T
7th) Matthew L
8th) Mark W
9th) Melody A
10th) Jonathan C
11th) Luke R
12th) Javier S
13th) Jonathan B
14th) Nick H
15th) Jonathan A
16th) Jeremy B
17th) Leah H
18th) Chris H
19th) Patrick T
20th) Brandon S
21st) Arron S
22nd) Brett M
23rd) Jake A
24th) David A
25th) Will B
26th) Emily K
27th) Kim V
28th) Ben B
29th) Kyle M
30th) Brian B
31st) Christian S
32nd) Chris W
33rd) Mike P
34th) Johnny R
35th) Bill K
36th) Chris B
37th) Garret F
38th) Mike R
39th) Ryan B (Dropped)

Overall Results 15+

1st) Timothy F
2nd) Samuel M
3rd) Aaron H
4th) Mark W
5th) Jonathan C
6th) Luke R
7th) Javier S
8th) Jonathan A
9th) Leah H
10th) Brandon S
11th) Brett M
12th) Jake A
13th) Will B
14th) Emily K
15th) Kim V
16th) Brian B
17th) Christian S
18th) Mike P
19th) Bill K
20th) Chris B
21st) Garret F
22nd) Ryan B (Dropped)

Overall Results 11-14

1st) Chris P
2nd) Alex S
3rd) Megan T
4th) Matthew L
5th) Melody A
6th) Jonathan B
7th) Nick H
8th) Jeremy B
9th) Chris H
10th) David A
11th) Kyle M
12th) Chris W
13th) Johnny R
14th) Mike R

Overall Results 10-

1st) Patrick T
2nd) Arron S
3rd) Ben B

Booster Draft #1 Results

1st) Mike P
2nd) Luke R
3rd) Chris H
4th) Matthew L
5th) Timothy F
6th) Kim V
7th) Dave R
8th) Javier S
9th) Christian S
10th) Kyle M
11th) Chris B

Booster Draft #2 Results

1st) Alex S
2nd) Will B
3rd) Chris P
4th) Leah H
5th) Brett M
6th) Garret F
7th) Arron S
8th) Chris W
9th) Brandon S
10th) Mike R

Props

• Nintendo/PUI for the really cool cards!
• Comic World(Travis-Store Mgr Bill- Owner) for letting us have the place to have a great event and fun time!
• The Judge/help staff: David, Dave & Wendy. You guys and gal were totally awesome!! Great job and many thanks!!!
• The players. Every single one of you were all great sports and did great! Good job to you all!
• The parents. Thanx for bringing the players so they could have a fun time playing Pokemon with everyone. For those that don`t play, I invite you to learn the game as with the other playing Pokeparents so you can join in on the fun too!

Slops

• All that couldn`t make it! ;) :p ( you missed a great and fun event!) :cool:

Raikou Trainer
06/07/2004, 08:07 PM
Well, this was my best tournament record to date (8th overall, 4th in the 15+ age division). It was also a BIG improvement over my 25th place ranking in the TM vs. TA prerelease! :thumb: I had lots of fun, (as always) and I can't wait for the next prerelease!