PDA

View Full Version : Mew cards in existance

csyu87
10/11/2007, 11:19 PM
I suppose this isn't really a question about a single card, but I think it best fits in this part of the forum.

I am wondering how many unique (language differences excluded) Mew cards are in existance? I've built up quite a collection myself. So far, I've managed to find 27. Here's what I would consider as unique:

1. Holo vs Non-Holo
2. Reverse Holo vs Non-Holo/Holo
3. Promo / Pre-Release / Stamped / WC versions
4. Error versions

Basically any subtle difference except language. Although I'm mostly interested in knowing about Japanese Mew's which do not have English versions.

Here are the 27 cards I've discovered so far:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/269/mewcardsqt3.jpg

1. Mew #8 (WotC Promo)
2. Mew #9 (WotC Promo)
3. Ancient Mew (Movie Promo) + "NINTEDO" Error version
4. "Lily Pad" Mew #47 (WotC Promo)
5. Mew #1/18 Southern Islands
6. Mew #19/165 Expedition
7. Mew #55/165 Expedition
8. Mew #40 (Nintendo Promo)
9. Mew #10/92 Legend Maker
10. Mew #10/92 Legend Maker Reverse Holo
11. Mew ex #88/92 Legend Maker
12. Mew ex #88/92 WC2006
13. Mew ex #100/110 Holon Phantoms
14. Mew #111/110 Holon Phantoms
15. Mew #4/17 POP 4
16. Mew #3/17 POP 5
17. Mew #3/17 POP 5 Holo / Error (Blister)
18. Shining Mew #101/101 Dragon Frontiers
19. "Bubble" Mew CD Promo (No number)
20. Mew #033/P McDonald's 2002
21. Mew #085/PCG-P McDonald's 2005
22. Mew ex #007/PLAY Player's Club 2004
23. Player's Mew #013/PLAY Player's Club 2005
24. Roota's Mew #002/020 8th Movie Half-Deck
25. "Tree of Origin" Mew 10th Anniversary (No number)
26. Mew DPBP#182 Shining Darkness
27. Shining Mew Coro Coro Promo (No number)

If you see any cards missing from my list, from any language (granted it does not have a counterpart already listed), I'd appreciate if you'd share them with me so I can attempt to look for them. Currently I'm only missing 2 from the list. :redface:

I've seen on eBay what were listed as reverse holo versions of cards 6 and 7 in the list, but from the pictures they didn't appear to be any different from the regular versions. If anyone could clarify whether they are in fact different or not that'd be great.

Thanks!

P.S. if any of the card numbers/sets I listed are wrong, feel free to correct those too!

Jason
10/12/2007, 12:16 AM
As a diehard Mew fan and collector..I can tell you what;s missing.

From the classic, Neo arc:
1. Mew Fossil - (WotC Promo 8-nonholo, 9-holo)
2. Ancient Mew (Movie Promo) + "NINTEDO" Error version
3. "Lily Pad" Mew #47 (WotC Promo)
4. Mew #1/18 Southern Islands
5. Vending Mew - Japanese exclusive promo.
6. Coro coro Shinining Mew - Japanese exclsuive promo.

From the e-series arc:
7. Mew Expedition - Holo, nonholo rare, reverse holo
8. Mew, japanese exclusive promo with e-series symbol on it

From the ADV/PCG arc:
9. Mew #40 (Nintendo Promo)
10. Mew #10/92 (Legend Maker Normal holo and Reverse Holo)
11. Mew ex #88/92 Legend Maker
12. Mew ex #100/110 Holon Phantoms
13. Mew #111/110 Holon Phantoms
14. Mew #4/17 POP 4 holo and nonholo
15. Mew #3/17 POP 5 holo and nonholo
16. Shining Mew #101/101 Dragon Frontiers
17. Mew ex #007/PLAY Player's Club 2004
18. Player's Mew #013/PLAY Player's Club 2005
19. Mew #002/020 8th Movie Half-Deck

From the DP arc:
20. "Tree of Origin" Mew 10th Anniversary (No number)
21. Mew DPBP#182 Shining Darkness

There you go

Mew*
10/12/2007, 03:13 AM
^ I was thinking of all of the Mew cards I know, and they were on the lists already posted. Wow... that is a lot of Mew. You guys probably hit them all.

csyu87
10/12/2007, 07:37 AM
5. Vending Mew - Japanese exclusive promo.
8. Mew, japanese exclusive promo with e-series symbol on it

Thanks Jason, do you have pictures of those two or any further info that might help me find them? I've never heard of them. Other than those two and a couple variations of ones in my list, the rest that you mentioned were already listed.

PokePop
10/12/2007, 08:15 AM
Vending Mew is identical to the CD Mew.
Only difference might be in their glossiness.

You should list the Japanese Fossil Mew seperately.
Sure, it's the same card as promos 8&9, but it does have a different set symbol on it.
Can't think of others off hand.

LINX009
10/19/2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks Jason, do you have pictures of those two or any further info that might help me find them? I've never heard of them. Other than those two and a couple variations of ones in my list, the rest that you mentioned were already listed.

I actually have the Japanese Fossil Mew it was originally part of the set but was pulled from the English version of the set I am assuming due to the reason that it was supposed to be super Rare the big problem with this is that you were supposed to be able to have every single pokemon by the end of the 3rd set and my guess is the USA didn't like this Idea so it was removed and turned into a promo

gallade
10/19/2010, 08:12 AM
wow, thats a lotta mew.

PokePop
10/19/2010, 08:19 AM
Vending Mew is identical to the CD Mew.
Only difference might be in their glossiness.

Since this post, I've learned a (little) bit more about the Vending Sheet Mew.
At Worlds a couple of years ago, I showed my copy of Vending Mew to a Creatures/PCL Judge.
I know it was a Vending Sheet Mew because I had gotten it from Mike Gills of WotC and he had gotten it from a Japanese Pokemon employee that had told him it was from the vending sheet, not the CD.

So, when I showed it to the PCL judge, his eyes immediately lit up and he said, "Ah! Vending Sheet!"
So, if you know how to identify them, it seems that they are indeed different.
Unfortunately, his english was not very good, so he couldn't explain how he could tell without even having a CD Mew next to it for comparison. :frown:

Skitty
10/19/2010, 08:20 AM
Here are some I can think of.

POP 4 Mew holo
Rumble Mew
I'm not sure if it counts, but it has Mew in the picture - Japanese (Jumbo) Mewtwo's Counterattack

And there were 4 versions of Ancient Mew: The Japanese error one, the Japanese corrected one, the Japanese 3rd printing one (has a differant foil pattern) and the NA one.

I have all of those and can provide pictures or scans if you need them.

crazypokemon
10/19/2010, 09:07 AM
Dont forget about the GB mew.

They said there is alot of Gb cards that was in the trading card game for the gameboy but other said those cards were only made for the game not for the cards themselves i think those cards do exist.

Kurama
10/19/2010, 09:11 AM
Isnt there a Mew in Secret Wonders? Last time I checked it was in my binder.

Ace-
10/19/2010, 10:02 AM
Its number 26 on his list. It is japanese, but he/she doesnt have the english ones.

But the Mew Prime is still missing there.

What is the "error version ancient Mew" ? how do i recognize them?

PokePop
10/19/2010, 10:12 AM

The copyright info at the bottom of the card says "Nintedo" instead of "Nintendo"

waynegg
10/19/2010, 10:25 AM
USA didn't like this Idea so it was removed and turned into a promo

Which was released in non holo as a Toys r Us exclusive hand out promo (NOT a League promo as it says in the Gallery) just a couple of months later, and then re-released in a holo version as a League promo 3 months after that. The non holo is much more rare but most people don't know that and go for the holo instead.

It says "Nintedo" instead of "Nintendo" in the copyright on the bottom of the card.

DJGigabyte
10/19/2010, 12:05 PM

This also had a non-holo version released through league.

WittyNameHere
10/19/2010, 08:42 PM
Mew SW to lazy to look up, but the shining darkness one in english

FronimaSpirit
12/10/2010, 11:01 AM
I am on the venture to get every single Mew Card (The image, not holo vs non holo card) and I am only short 4 cards! (there are 22-23 total for THAT goal)

If anyone is willing to trade or reasonably sell, please message me back!

Or if you know of anywhere I could find it reasonably that would also help too. I'm so close to a goal but so far away because of these cards (I'm getting in ___'s Mew) but these will be the end of me)

Thank you!

Mew Expedition 19 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_%28Expedition_19%29)

Mew Prime (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_%28Triumphant_97%29)

Nintendo Promo PCG 80 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:600_P085_151MEW.jpg)

EX PLAY PROMO (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_ex_%28PLAY_Promo_7%29)

This is a really good site to check on what is actually available as a card and what is like a Japanese Phone card (like the new Mew GB promo)

poke-a-mon
05/20/2011, 11:14 PM

This also had a non-holo version released through league.

I own this one, but can't seem to find any info on it. Anything special?

espeon200
05/21/2011, 08:52 AM
Which was released in non holo as a Toys r Us exclusive hand out promo (NOT a League promo as it says in the Gallery) just a couple of months later, and then re-released in a holo version as a League promo 3 months after that. The non holo is much more rare but most people don't know that and go for the holo instead.

Actually I beg to disagree. My league at a Waldenbooks had a whole card box full of the non-holo Mew. I remember because the league leader gave them out by the handfull when the league closed down. I was always under the impression that WotC sent a box of them to any early league to hand out so that they could generate buzz about the league happening. If they were Toys-R-Us exclusive then that didn't last long.