PDA

View Full Version : NYC Pokemon Center Roll Call 5/16/04

JohnnyBlaze
05/10/2004, 06:11 AM
Who's planning to attend the Gym Challenge at the Pokemon Center on Sunday May 16th?

I'll be there with a few people. Who else is going?

DarkTyranitar
05/10/2004, 07:49 AM
...I may be there, with my sons along with other's from our South Jersey League.

(Hopefully they will FINALLY have the quirks worked out on their computer software,
along with firming up problems with those deck checkings.) - :mad:

- Tony

Magnechu
05/10/2004, 05:09 PM
I will be there. I plan to take the 11-14 by storm. ;)

GOROY
05/10/2004, 06:48 PM
I might come by with Dark T-Tar, I just have to get my parents to let me go.
Hopefully I can meet lots of new people like JohnnyBlaze, I didn't get to meet you last time.

Mr_Fuji
05/10/2004, 07:04 PM
Didn;t they change the date to the 26th? =/

EternalFire
05/10/2004, 11:07 PM
(First post introductions....)
Hi everyone ! :) For those of you that know me, It's Lawrence from the Pokemon Center's League.
and now, Staten Island's only PTO.

In response to the above post, the 26th is a Wednesday, so check your calendar...

Second: John is back at the center since he recovered from his injuries, and also I'll be helping judge at this event so expect things to run smoothly if not perfectly. :cool:

So I hope to see you all this weekend!

PokePop
05/11/2004, 05:21 AM
Looks like I'll be there with both of my sons as well.
BJJ: Bring your Starter deck and I'll bring my Chinese cards!

JohnnyBlaze
05/11/2004, 05:58 AM
Hopefully I can meet lots of new people like JohnnyBlaze, I didn't get to meet you last time - GOROY

GOROY - Ill have a :fire: Red Johnny Blaze shirt on so come up to me and introduce yourself.

Second: John is back at the center since he recovered from his injuries, and also I'll be helping judge at this event so expect things to run smoothly if not perfectly.

Lawrence - That is great news. It should be a huge turnout so its great that you will be helping John out. Cya on Sunday. :D

PokePop
05/11/2004, 06:55 AM
Lawrence: Since both of my boys will be playing in the Tourney, I will probably not play and can be available to help out as well, if needed.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/11/2004, 08:47 AM
So is this thing the 16th or 26th?? If the 16th ill definitly be there with LuMaga1 but if its the 26th i wont be there
I hope to find out when this BIG ervent will be. God a little change to my milford deck that i hope will make a big splash in NYC

DarkTyranitar
05/11/2004, 09:33 AM
"E-F",

That is GREAT to hear that John is back (in action!)

Glad to hear that he is better from his injuries.

I'm looking forward to a fun event this Sunday.

- Tony

Magnechu
05/11/2004, 01:37 PM
Firefighter- I'm assuming it will be on the 16th, as that is what the OP site says still..Fuji, where'd you get that other info?

Pop- I wanna meet you this time! I didn't catch you at the TA/TM Prerelease.

Lawrence- John's back?! Joy! I hope he's feeling better after what happened. Can't wait to see you guys!

See ya'll in less than a week! ^_^

~Chu

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/11/2004, 03:45 PM
Johhnyblaze just got a mesage to me by email letting me know it will be sunday. See ya all in less then 1 week for all the NYC fun. :thumb: Ohh yeah and good luck to everyone. :D

Hot Mustid
05/12/2004, 02:22 PM
i might be there but i doubt we will go (NY tourneys always have problems, big problems)

Flare Starfire
05/12/2004, 02:34 PM
I plan on making my first NY appearance there with my friend Catastrophe (You know him better as good ol Al ;) ) I can't seem to find if theres an entrance fee for this challenge, and whether or not being a City/State Champ affects the cost as it did for the state championships.

Anyone have that info?

Oh...and if anyone would be willing to show us the way there, neither of us have been to the Pokemon Center before, so we might get lost, if I know downtown NYC....we wouldn't know where to park or anything. Please help us if you can, thanks in advance!

~goes to boot mapquest some more~

Bolt
05/12/2004, 04:27 PM
Yay Lawrence is here! And John is back!

...and I'll be there, without the fancy outfit this time.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/12/2004, 05:45 PM
I plan on making my first NY appearance there with my friend Catastrophe (You know him better as good ol Al ;) ) I can't seem to find if theres an entrance fee for this challenge, and whether or not being a City/State Champ affects the cost as it did for the state championships.

Anyone have that info?

Oh...and if anyone would be willing to show us the way there, neither of us have been to the Pokemon Center before, so we might get lost, if I know downtown NYC....we wouldn't know where to park or anything. Please help us if you can, thanks in advance!

~goes to boot mapquest some more~

Mike its great to hear you and al are gonna make it there for the NYC challenge.

When you get to rockefellar center basically go over to the far left of the cneter and 2 blocks down is the pokemon center. If you get to the center ask and i know someone will point the way.

See ya there buddy and i hope this time i can beat you :cool:

PokePop
05/12/2004, 06:32 PM
http://www.pokemoncenter.com/store/store_hours.asp

48th is a One Way street going east.
So, go east on 48th and there is a parking garage right past the Center. It will cost about $20 for the day.

BJJ763
05/12/2004, 07:58 PM
I parked at the garage that is right off Exit # 11. It is about 6 block walk up and a few blocks over but it only costs $11 to park. And leaving NY was really easy from that garage! (Usually we wind up in NJ when going home).

Flare Starfire
05/13/2004, 10:14 AM
Right off of exit 11? Think it would be possible for us to tag along behind ya and caravan? It'd make things much easier and safer ^^;

PokePop
05/13/2004, 10:44 AM
exit 11 on what? The FDR?

BJJ763
05/13/2004, 11:01 AM
Yes FDR. When we went to States (thank you Mapquest):

95S forever.
Take 278W (not 287!!!) go towards TriBorough Bridge.
Merge on FDR.
Exit # 11. Off this exit the directions lead you to the address. When we pulled off, we saw the parking garage and was like, "Why not". Is a bit of a walk but it was nice and, we're use to walking in NYC anyway.

But the greatest thing about that garage is getting home - take the first right onto First Ave. Take a right onto 62nd (Which is the key) and then you can get to FDR and work your way back home.

95% chance we'll be there! :thumbs:

Mr_Fuji
05/13/2004, 11:50 AM
Magnechu- Hero said it was postponed. I assume it can't be on the 26th though, since that isn'/t even a weekend.

FireFighter095ReBorn
05/14/2004, 03:49 AM
yeah thats right states was postponed due to the gym challenge would interfer with it. Thats why the confusion hit the boards.

PokePop
05/15/2004, 09:59 AM
why? What time does it start?

PokePop
05/15/2004, 11:38 AM
Hmm. That is a bit late!

JohnnyBlaze
05/15/2004, 02:21 PM
lol - That should be 11:30 a.m.

BJJ763
05/15/2004, 08:51 PM
Hey an extra half hour of sleep! :thumb:

Magnechu
05/16/2004, 06:21 PM
Well, I had a great time at this event. Best event I've been to at PCNY. Makes it all the sweeter that I won. ^_^ A report will be up soon. Here are the results I know:

10-
1. Blaze (JohnnyBlaze's son)
2. Gardy
3. ??
4. ??

11-14
1. Blaze (Me)
2. Gardy
3. Gardy
4. Team Magma Deck (BJJ's son-regice froze ya)

15+
1. Blaze
2. Blaze
3. Blaze
4. Blaze
=/

Flare Starfire
05/16/2004, 10:02 PM
I got 2nd.....I was undefeated all day, 5-0 in swiss, 2-0 2-0 for the top 8 and 4, and the last match was something akin to grand master chess with blazikens...split it 1-1 before my deck decided to start the 3rd game with a flaffy, 2 Amphy, a torchic, and 4 energy (I kept drawing energy...not even a single trainer) So I got benched in 3 turns...I wouldn't have had a basic until like turn 7, drawing more energy and usesless evolutions. So yeah...that was a real test of skill for the worlds invite....MK is a fantastic player, but I'm miffed the game that it all counted on wasn't much of a game as much as it was sit there and stare at the torchic with 4 energies -_- I'll try again at milford, but this was a rather depressing way to end the stressful day...did get to see the pokemon center though, and the tournament was well done. =) Yay for 2/3 top 8! Thats the way it should be, hope milford takes the hint.

I get to have more nervous breakdowns in one week! Sweet! *chuckles* Gotta get those cards back to HotMustard Didn't end up using them, as my friend decided not to come along =\

15+ was 6 blaze decks, 1 sceptile, 1 Mewtwo. The sceptile and mewtwo both lost in the first round of elims.

All bar.....tons of it....
*Shakes his head* I probably won't do nearly so well in Milford, methinks...

JohnnyBlaze
05/17/2004, 02:31 AM
Flare - Thats a total bummer. We had to leave to get the kids back on the train for school the next day. You went undefeated all day and to lose in the finals. Grrrrrrr. See you at Milford.

Magnechu - Congrats on your 1st place victory.

I finished in 9th with a Swmapert/Suicune deck. Cory Ace beat me on tiebreakers to get 8th. I'll have a tourney report later.

PokePop
05/17/2004, 07:29 AM
Congrats, Magnechu!

It got off to a very late start because somebody had to give their son the same name as themselves and it gave the software a nervous breakdown...