View Full Version : San Diego Gym Challenge Roll Call

Rep13
05/17/2004, 06:05 PM
Date: 5-30-04
Address: 202 C Street
City: San Diego
State: CA
Admission: $10
Additional Information: http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/tournaments_detail.asp?tournament_id=405000053

I'll be there.

MetaGrossEX
05/17/2004, 06:37 PM
After winning LA's Gym Challenge I'll do my best to win San Diego's Gym Challenge.

Scizor
05/17/2004, 06:42 PM
Well as much as i would like to go, it is on MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND =/ That is like the busiest weekend ever. Not only that I will prolly decide to work, so yah. Have a good time everybody and i'll see you at the SC, where i plan to enter the top 8 as something other than the 1st seed - Stupid curse =/

kevin-
05/17/2004, 09:19 PM
ehhh since i already won the trip i might just play some drafts since they only 3.50 for me... or play my rogue magneton/lanturn deck :P

it is memorial weekend... but u gotta remember whats at stake here...

-invitation to worlds
-trip over there to florida
-hotel
-walt disney world...

im pretty sure this is around $1200

Charizard_Breeder
05/17/2004, 10:16 PM
You can count on me being there in SD...and Abraham, congrats on winning LA GC! So WORD...C'YALL LATER!!!

WeileMom
05/18/2004, 12:10 AM
ehhh since i already won the trip i might just play some drafts since they only 3.50 for me... or play my rogue magneton/lanturn deck :P

Hi Kevin,
You know, that would be really awesome of you! You're a great player and I'm sure it will be hard for you not to play, but you're a great sportsman to give the other kids a chance.
But, then I can't give you a hard time anymore :p
See you there!
---Nicole
WeileMom

Strike
05/18/2004, 10:20 AM
I'll be there, but I won't be playing like I have in the past. I can't go to worlds anyway but it'll be fun to see everyone there!

Darksight530
05/18/2004, 06:09 PM
I'll be going to Gym Challenge as well. I hope to win, it going to be on my birthday and all. I'll try my best! :psychic:

SD PokeMom
05/18/2004, 06:20 PM
*will be there* :)

'mom

lookinforwailordex
05/18/2004, 06:24 PM
well hopefully im goin and kevin plz dont lanturn

kevin-
05/19/2004, 07:24 AM
ughh kevin franklin and "i have the perfect blex deck" shall be there

lookinforwailordex
05/19/2004, 07:54 AM
how ppl are we expecting to show from san diego

lookinforwailordex
05/19/2004, 07:55 AM
ughh kevin franklin and "i have the perfect blex deck" shall be there
are you still goin to run lanturn or blex

PTE_Karl
05/19/2004, 12:10 PM
The Registration and Start time for the tournament has been moved earlier by an hour.

Registration opens at 9:00am and will close at 9:45am.

The tournament will start promptly at 10:00am.

Please let everyone know, thanks.

kevin-
05/19/2004, 04:56 PM
fosho im not playing blex... letting my friend in 15+ play it... i wanna try something new... still dont know if i wanna play lanturn/maggy cause it dies to fightning....

Martin
05/19/2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah I'll be there. Hopefully someone from LA dosen't steal my cards this time. They will do whatever they can to get an edge on Me. Ouch.

Irvine was really fun. Abraham deserved that trip, so props to that.

Hope to see everyone again.

SD PokeMom
05/19/2004, 05:41 PM
kevin and wailord, could you keep the private conversation to PM, IM or email please? This thread is supposed to be a rollcall, rather than a discussion of who is going to play what; thanks for your cooperation.

'mom

The Fat Kid
05/22/2004, 03:06 AM
I'm going...
But I really don't expect to win...
I am pretty sure Nick will destroy us all...

lookinforwailordex
05/22/2004, 07:27 PM
ok srry

Medium Kevin
05/24/2004, 09:37 PM
hey look! my first post.

ill be going.

lookinforwailordex
05/25/2004, 05:53 PM
lol ok well since i found out it was on sunday i dont know if im goin

GreatFox
05/25/2004, 06:27 PM
Well.... I'm still not 100% sure, but I might be going. Its all dependant on a few things. Lets say I'm about 80% sure I'll be going.

But anyways, Team LA will be making a showing. So count on that at least.

bulbasnore
05/25/2004, 08:55 PM
I'll be there, a privelege to serve as Judge along with SD Pokemom & Mr/Mrs Cattdreams, Skywolf1. Hope you will all be there ready to compete, have fun and make sure everyone has a good time. Marshtomp & Marina will be coming.

lookinforwailordex
05/26/2004, 05:58 PM
bulbasnore am i able to come?

Lost_Angel
05/27/2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah I'll be there. Hopefully someone from LA dosen't steal my cards this time. They will do whatever they can to get an edge on Me. Ouch.

Irvine was really fun. Abraham deserved that trip, so props to that.

Hope to see everyone again.

I'll be there to give it my all and hopefully that will be enough. As for your cards Martin, I'm sure someone from LA didn't steal them. you sure you just didn't miss place them, I don't remeber see them at all.

lookinforwailordex
05/28/2004, 04:34 PM
well guys almost that day how long does it take to get there from la?

GreatFox
05/28/2004, 04:38 PM
well guys almost that day how long does it take to get there from la?
1.5 to 2 hours. Depends on traffic :o

Water Pokemon Master
05/28/2004, 05:33 PM
I believe I will be attending. We were going to go work at church for the Memorial Day Picnic on Saturday to prepare it for Monday, but my mom was able to finish most of the work today in that we don't have to go tomorrow. So, I will be coming with my dad as usual and with my Kingdra deck.

Oh please oh please let there be barely any players in 15+. I really wanna win, lol. Where's Jirachi when you need it? (Awww ***. Jirachi can't really make wishes... :D)

What I am looking forward to the most is next week's pre-release. I am so anxious to play with the new cards. :)

BTW, if you watch the Pokemon Anime, you should record the two new episodes tomorrow. One of them ties in to Jirachi Wishmaker.

The Fat Kid
05/28/2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah after a SD player won the LA GC its only fair to let an LA player win the SD GC...
Too bad it will never happen!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA...
Ok I'm done being a jerk...

SD PokeMom
05/28/2004, 05:42 PM
I believe I will be attending. We were going to go work at church for the Memorial Day Picnic on Saturday to prepare it for Monday, but my mom was able to finish most of the work today in that we don't have to go tomorrow. So, I will be coming with my dad as usual and with my Kingdra deck.WPM, you ARE aware the SD GC is on Sunday, not tomorrow?

See everyone there; remember that registration is at 9 AM, with play scheduled to start at 10 am. Please be on time so we can start on schedule!

'mom

Water Pokemon Master
05/28/2004, 06:01 PM
Oh, ummm, whoops. It's a good thing you told me before I got there. Oh well, I guess I can't come... :( My parents have to work at church on Sunday, so there is no one to take me.

kevin-
05/28/2004, 10:03 PM
1.5 to 2 hours. Depends on traffic :o

takes my mom 50 mins... :eek:

why do i have a feeling not many people are gonna come? other then LA for their revenge?

lookinforwailordex
05/29/2004, 06:41 PM
well, maybe less people will come becuase of the arizonia one or people will be gone for memorial weekend

GreatFox
05/30/2004, 01:04 AM
Dang it....

I won't be able to go after all due to circumstances beyond my conrol. Boy that sucks :(

Oh well, at least there's still the Pre-Release next week. See you guys then!

Medium Kevin
05/30/2004, 01:48 AM
its 1am since people are posting saying they arent coming can we start the tourney at 11 so i can get another hour of sleep :-D

- kevin-

Charizard_Breeder
05/31/2004, 12:20 AM
today was a good day for me...was very pleased on how smooth my deck ran today!!! Made it to the TOP 4, but lost to the man of the hour - Martin...congrats once again!!! You gotta love that turn 2 kill in the second game ;) hehehe!!! But way to go...Myself, along with Lost Angel, tried to LAY THE SMACK DOWN...but were unsuccessful...But wait, there's more...Congrats to WARBUZZ, for winning AZ Gym Challenge!!! And AZ HEAT, we were pleased to have hosted you in SD GC!!!

GO LAKERS!!!

bulbasnore
05/31/2004, 12:26 AM
38 15+
21 11-14
16 10-

Age separated, to 2 of 3.

Congrats to all the champions, even the ones who didn't win the tourney -- so much fine strategy, strong play & good sportsmanship!

15+: Very cool to watch Martin sacrifice multiple Blaze to put him in position to win the first game of the finals against George (who was playing very well). Second game was a Rayquaza/Rainbow vs. lone PKMN finish.

11-14: For the second GC running, lookinforwailordex was in the T8 vs. a Kevin! This time, in the finals, facing a Gardy tech'd with, gulp, Magneton. G/G Kevin T.!

10-: Didn't get to watch this match. What's the report!

Props

To my vanpool -- each person was completely ready to leave or be picked up before 6am. We hit the freeway at 6:05.
To korythatsrightmare for making top 8 15+ with Slaking!
To lookinforwailordex -- dude, that card stinks, er, maybe not...after finishing no lower that T5 in 5 premier events.
PTE Karl & crew - you have it dialed in. More people than LAGC & we finished 2 hours earlier, no stress.

Water Pokemon Master
05/31/2004, 07:59 AM
Well, I had lots of fun as usual, but I never get to talk to any of the adults because they are always so busy! Hopefully the adults will be more free at the pre-releases next weekend. Big thanks to Weilemom, SD Pokemom, PT&E1, Mr. and Mrs. Cattdreams, and bulbasnore for a perfectly run event!

Hehe, go beat up everyone in the deck forum, lookingforwailordex. :D I think SuperWooper should eat his words. :)

lookinforwailordex
05/31/2004, 11:23 AM
thx water pokemon master and thx for the people who ran the event. Thank you bulbasnore for takin me and congrats to kevin t for winnin it was tough

Cs-God-Poke-Master
05/31/2004, 12:55 PM
I Gave it my all in that top 8 Match now that was a good loooong match that everybody was watching because it was a turn on turn match anything could happen

lookinforwailordex
05/31/2004, 02:51 PM
wat is your age group CS-GOD-POKE-MASTER

Cs-God-Poke-Master
05/31/2004, 03:16 PM
15+

Water Pokemon Master
06/01/2004, 12:27 AM
thx water pokemon master and thx for the people who ran the event. Thank you bulbasnore for takin me and congrats to kevin t for winnin it was tough
I don't deserve to be thanked. I did not do anything. The people I listed were the ones working their bottoms off. :D

lookinforwailordex
06/01/2004, 04:46 PM
I don't deserve to be thanked. I did not do anything. The people I listed were the ones working their bottoms off. :D

lol well guys i hope to see you around at leagues or somethin and the kevins dont come to stadium plz lol jk

bulbasnore
06/01/2004, 05:28 PM
I Gave it my all in that top 8 Match now that was a good loooong match that everybody was watching because it was a turn on turn match anything could happen

Good job for the T8, Wes, in such a large & heavy field. That was a <<hot>> match. Don't know if you've played that opponent before. Kind of a quiet guy, but a very very worthy adversary, as many have experienced.