PDA

View Full Version : CAC Contest: Old school Pokemon (Complete)

dkates
08/26/2003, 07:01 PM
For this contest, choose an Evolution line that existed in R/B/Y, other than the Eevee line. A line consisting of just one Pokemon is fine. If any Pokemon were added to that line in later games, do not include them. Make one card for each Pokemon in the line. Contest tentatively scheduled to end on 9/12. I will grade on the rubric below. To make judging easier, give the information in the same order as the rubric, and keep each category separate from the others (don't put the explanations next to the matching parts in the card text, for example).

Name: 3 points. You can get points off for misspelling the Pokemon's name or forgetting to capitalize. To make judging a little easier, no prefixes please(Dark, Light, etc.).
Picture: 3 points. Your score will be based on how vivid and appropriate your description is.
Type: 5 points. For single types, this a piece of cake. For dual-types, choose an appropriate type. Points off for incorrect types or types that don't correspond well to the card's abilities.
HP: 5 points. Points off if HP is too high or too low, based on a combination of the HP of past cards for the Pokemon and the created card's abilities.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Points off if they don't make sense for this Pokemon.
Retreat Cost: 5 points. Points off if it is too high or too low, based on past cards for the Pokemon and the created card's abilities.
Pokemon Power/Attacks: 30 points. Your card may have:
- 1 attack only, OR
- A Pokemon Power only, OR
- A Pokemon Power and an attack, OR
- 2 attacks.
Cards that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified. If you have a Power and an attack or two attacks, each will be worth half of the category's points. You can lose points for any of the following:
- Spelling errors
- Capitalization errors
- Punctuation errors
- Wording mistakes or vague wording
- Improper costing (I'll try not to be too strict on this one)
- Illegal game mechanics
- Overpowered abilities
- Overly complicated abilities
Rarity: 3 points. Choose from the following: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Rare-Holo. Points off if the rarity doesn't match the relative strength of the card.
Explanations: 8 points. Explain the reasons for your specific choices of Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost and HP. 2 points each. 2 points off for no explanation, 1 point off for an incomplete, uninformative, and/or sloppy (i.e "It's just like other cards for this Pokemon.") explanation. You may use that as a reason, but also explain why you specifically chose the card you did as the template for these stats. Remember that there have been at least two different cards made for each Pokemon eligible for this contest.
Strategy: 8 points. Explain what kind of deck strategy the card would do best with (not just type) AND what real cards would either make this card more useful or be more useful with this card. If you can't find any combos, you're probably missing something. If there really aren't any good combos, I won't take off points. Points off for missing parts (except as noted), overlooking obvious combos (especially if you didn't put any) or an obvious general lack of effort.
Total possible score: 75 points.

Good luck, everyone!

Carrington388
08/26/2003, 09:41 PM
Nidoran♀
50 HP {G}
Basic Pokémon

{G} Poison Needles Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. 10
{F}{F} Double Kick Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. 20x

Weakness: {P}
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: {C}
Rarity: Common
Picture: Nidoran♀ in an alleyway in between two trash cans. The alleyway is rather dark, and Nidoran♀ is scared.
Strategy: Works best in a Grass/Fighting deck, able to Poison on turn one and do up to 40 damage by turn two, depending on the type you get the majority of.
Explanations: 60 HP, though used in the past on this species, seemed too high; 40 HP, seen on the male in the past, seemed too low; that's why the HP is 50. The Psychic Weakness and no Resistance are typical for Poison types. The Retreat Cost is a fairly balanced cost for a Basic Pokémon. Common is a rarity used often on Basic Pokémon, and nothing here would warrant an uncommon.

Nidorina
70 HP {G}
Stage 1 Pokémon (Evolves from Nidoran♀ )

{F} Barragekick Flip a coin until you get either four heads or one tails (whichever is sooner). This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads. 10x
{G}{G}{G} Lead Teeth If there are any {M} Energy cards attached to Nidorina, this attack does 40 damage plus 20 more damage. Either way, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. 40+

Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}
Rarity: Rare
Picture: Nidorina in an alleyway, appearing to swipe a claw at two Meowth, only their (the Meowths') claws appear in the picture to rob their Pay Day. The alleyway, like Nidoran♀'s, is rather dark.
Strategy: Turn two fighting decks could do up to 40 damage with Barragekick, but it depends on luck. Lead Teeth is great in Steelix decks that haven't had their star show up, and also in decks that feature Rainbow Energy.
Explanations: 70 HP is a typical HP for Stage 1 Pokémon, and it is a well balanced HP for this card. The Psychic Weakness and no Resistance are typical for Poison types. Seeing as how a Rainbow Energy for Lead Teeth would overpower the card a bit, it was made a rare rather than an uncommon and the Retreat Cost is {C}{C} rather than just {C}. (The space after the ♀ is to fix a display bug that was turning the end of the line into gibberish.)

Nidoqueen
100 HP {F}
Stage 2 Pokémon (Evolves from Nidorina)

Poké-BODY Poison Armor
If the Defending Pokémon does 60 or more damage to Nidoqueen by an attack (after Weakness and Resistance and even if Nidoqueen is Knocked Out), the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. In any case, Nidoqueen takes 10 less damage from a Poisoned Pokémon for each {G} Energy attached to it.
{F}{F}{F} Earthquake This attack does 10 damage to each of your own Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) 50

Resistance: {L}
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}{C}
Rarity: Rare-Holo
Picture: Another dark alleyway (the same shade, after the holofoil). Nidoqueen is attempting to break into a back door of an establishment using a Horn Drill attack, and Nidoqueen appears to have an angry look.
Strategy: It's good against big attackers that do tons of damage, because it takes their damage and turns it into Poison. Leftover Grass Energy from previous stages does not get wasted here, as it equals defense against any Poisoned Pokémon. The Earthquake attack is a rather typical TCG Earthquake, and combos well with Metal Energy on Benched Metal Pokémon.
Explanations: It's a strong and armored Stage 2 attacker, so it got the 100 HP. With all things considered, Nidoqueen is still a Poison type, so the traditional Ground Weakness (Grass) didn't make sense, so Psychic was chosen. Lightning is the traditional Ground Weakness (unless your name is Gligar), Nidoqueen's a Ground type, so it shows. With power comes a price; defense against Poison and a powerful attack means steep Retreat Cost. Many Stage 2 cards are holofoils, and it would be too powerful to be a normal rare card.

History of the Nidoqueen line: Jungle, Gym Challenge (Giovanni line), Skyridge)

Tonu
08/26/2003, 11:04 PM
Nidoran♂

Pic: Nidoran♂ is onto rock in forest and it is just going to growl.

Type: (G)

40 HP

Weakness: (P)
Resistanse: none
Retreat Cost (C)

{C} Tackle 10

{GC} Poison Horn 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Exp: I was chosen Nidoran♂ 's weakness to (P) because it is poison type
of Pokémon. No resistanse because they doesn't usually have it.
Retreat cost (C) because every Nidoran have it. Rarity is Common
because it isn't so good card.

Strategy: Try to keep it on your bench, you need it if you want to
evolve it because usually its so easy to KO. Recycle Energy is good
Energy choise to Nidoran♂ because it needs (C) for each attack.
Pokémon Fan Club help you to get your Nidoran♂ 's on your bench.

--------------------------------

Nidorino

Pic: Nidorino is looking to backwards with mean look and its going
to attack.

Type: (G)

70 HP

Resistanse: none
Retreat Cost (CC)

{G} Risky Attack 50
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 50 damage to the Defending Pokémon. If tails, Nidorino does 50 damage to itself.

{CCC} Continuous Headbutt 20x
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 20 damage times the
number of heads. If you get 3 or more heads, the Defending Pokémon
is now Paralyzed.

Rarity: Uncommon

Exp: I was chosen Nidorinos weakness to (P) because it is poison type
of Pokémon. No resistanse because they doesn't usually have it.
Retreat cost (CC) because so many Nidorinos have (CC) on their retreat
cost. Rarity is Uncommon because its pretty good stage 1 card and
stage 1 Pokémons are usualle Uncommons.

Strategy: You should attack for it. It have good attack if you have good
flipping hand. If you don't have.....you should use Mystery plates or
Grass Cube 01. It needs lot a (C) Energy, so Recycle-, Potion- and
Full Heal Energy is for thi Pokémon. You shold use Golberries and/or
other potions for it.

--------------------------------

Nidoking

Pic: http://newyork.coolchannel.com/tonuuuuu//King.JPG

Type: (F)

100 HP

Weakness: (G)
Resistanse: (L)
Retreat Cost (CCC)

{FCC} Double Kick 30x
Flip 2 coin. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads

{FFFF} Fissure
Flip 3 coins. If all 3 are heads, KO all other Active
Pokémons exept Nidoking.

Rarity: Foil/Rare

Exp: I was chosen Nidokings weakness to (G) because it is (F) type
of Pokémon. Resistanse to (L) because Nidoking have so hard skin,
almost like rock. Retreat cost (CCC) because its so big and heavy
and those things usually have (CCC) retreat. Rarity is Foil or Rare
because its Stage 2 Evolution and Nidoking is so rare in every
Pokémon game.

Strategy: Attack, attack and attack. Use Double Kick for Pokémons
like a Caterpie, Chansey and Sneasels. use Fissure for really strong
Pokémons like Wailord , Pokémons that have resistanse like Charizard
and Pokémons that is hard to KO like Mr.Mime. Resistanse gym and
Healing Field is good Stadium card with Nidoking. Fighting Cube 01
is pretty useful if Nidoking is almost KO.

Sea Crobat
08/27/2003, 02:49 PM
Diglett
HP 50 [F]
Weakness:[G]
Resestaince:[L]
Retreat Cost:none

[C]
Scratch 10

[F][C]
Double Edge 40
Diglett does 20 damage to itself.

Pic: A diglett under a vedgetable garden eating the roots of cabbage plants with other Digletts and Dugtrios.
Rarity:common

Dugtrio(Evolves from Diglett)(Put Dugtrio on the basic Pokemon)
HP 90 [F]
Weakness:[G]
Resestaince:[L]
Retreat cost:[C][C]

[F][F]
Dig 30

[F][F][F][F]
Fissure 120
You can't use this attack again as long as Dugtrio is in play. Even benching this pokemon won't alow you to attack again.

Pic: A Dugtrio digging into a stone wall of Moon Stone in Mt. Moon with and Onix, Sandslash, Rhydon and a Clooked Pokemaniac.

Diglett and Dugtrio have similar weaknesses and Resestainces in R/B/Y. They also have pretty low HP normaly.

Strategy:These cards would combo well with fire types to do heavy damage. It would be good though, to have healing trainer cards or Metal energy(from the Wizards rules,of course).

dkates
08/27/2003, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't normally do this, Crobat, but I'll warn you now -- as is, Dugtrio's second attack is not going to get you many points, as it's pretty much a carbon copy, name and all, of the original Dugtrio card's second attack. If you would like to replace that one attack, you may, but no other edits.
[EDIT] Thanks, Crobat. Now, to avoid "clutter," please remove the post saying you edited.

Sea Crobat
08/28/2003, 03:57 PM
Sorry,I didn't know. I edited.

dkates
08/30/2003, 02:38 PM
Hi again, guys. Tonu, reread the top post. Heracross was introduced in G/S/C, so is not eligible for this contest. Please replace that card with a valid entry. I'll go ahead and post Carrington's scores, even though the contest is not yet over.

Carrington388:
Nidoran♀:
Name: 3 points. An interesting choice -- don't think I've ever seen either Nidoran line in one of my contests.
Picture: 2 points. Very interesting, but I think you could be a little more specific.
Type: 5 points. Not much danger of getting it wrong here.
HP: 5 points. Good choice.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Again, little danger of points off.
Retreat Cost: 5 points. Good choice.
Attack 1: 15 points. Good name, appropriate cost and effect.
Attack 2: 15 points. I notice you used (F) Energy for the cost. Interesting that you chose to match the Energy type with the original attack's type, rather than the card's type. That said, it's a pretty balanced attack.
Rarity: 3 points. Other than the off-type cost, you're right that nothing particularly makes this card stand out.
Explanations: 7 points. Why did 40 and 60 HP each "seem" wrong? Other than that, though, good explanations.
Strategy: 7 points. I can think of only one combo card you didn't mention -- Rainbow Energy, used to pay for either cost type. It would allow you to use Poison Needles turn 1, then attach a (F) Energy and use Double Kick turn 2.
Total score: 72 points.

Nidorina:
Name: 3 points. Easy points.
Picture: 3 points. Much more vivid.
Type: 5 points. Of course.
HP: 5 points. Balanced and appropriate.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Very good.
Retreat Cost: 5 points. Good choice, using the Retreat Cost as a balancing factor.
Attack 1: 15 points. An interesting variation on attacks like Needle Storm and Stone Barrage. A little costly, considering this attack will average about 10 damage, but not badly enough to warrant points off.
Attack 2: 15 points. Strange in a good way -- using Metal Energy to Poison is a new one on me. And a very creative name!
Rarity: 3 points. You made a good point in your explanations section about this one.
Explanations: 8 points. Very informative, and very good points.
Strategy: 7 points. Very good. Not sure even I would have thought of Steelix, but you didn't mention that it would work even better in a Scizor deck.
Total score: 74 points.

Nidoqueen:
Name: 3 points. Easy one, right?
Picture: 2 points. Interesting, although this one sounds more like it would be on a "Dark Nidoqueen."
Type: 4 points. Although (F) is a usable type for a Nidoqueen, that Poke-Body makes it act more like a Poison-type, possibly making (G) more appropriate. Hard call.
HP: 5 points. Well chosen, if new for a Nidoqueen.
Weakness/Resistance: 4 points. The Weakness makes some sense, but it's still a bit unusual. The Resistance is fine.
Retreat Cost: 4 points. The Retreat Cost you chose makes sense, but considering everything, I might even make this one a 4 Retreat Cost.
Pokemon Power: 10 points. The first part is interesting, and could easily stand alone. The second part is also interesting and could stand alone (with an attack that could inflict Poison), but together, they move dangerously close to being overpowered. Also, the wording is slightly off -- putting the second part first would have made the wording easier.
Attack: 15 points. You're right, it's a pretty standard TCG Earthquake.
Rarity: 3 points. No question here.
Explanations: 8 points. Good explanations.
Strategy: 7 points. Very good. You could also have mentioned the fairly obvious combo with any Pokemon that can use Poison -- Poison, then switch to Nidoqueen to make their big hitter a big wimp.
Total score: 65 points.

Entry score: 70 points.
Very good, Carrington! A few minor mistakes, but you're still going to be pretty hard to beat!

Yugi's_tough_chick
08/30/2003, 04:01 PM
Raichu
Stage 1:Evolves from Pikachu
HP:80
W:fighting
R: n/a
RC:*
Rarity:Rareholo
Picture:A Raichu is lying on its back, surrounded by wildflowers, with a butterfly on it's nose. The Raichu is blushing softly as a Pikachu giggles in the background.

Attacks:Thunderpunch :Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage. If tails, this attack does 30 damage.
Disappear :If you have any Lightning Pokemon on your Bench, take two Lightning Energy from Raichu and attach it to one of your Benched Pokemon. Then flip a coin. If heads,shuffle Raichu and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Explanation: Why did I do a Raichu? 1: There aren't as many Raichu cards as I hoped there would be.2: I know there are some Raichu fans out there, and what's cuter than a blushing Raichu?

dkates
08/30/2003, 04:06 PM
Nice to see you again, Eevee. Raichu's fine, but you'll also need to do a Pikachu. No Pichu, though. Also, you didn't put in the costs on Raichu's attacks.
[EDIT] I give you 1 day from now to make these changes, or I will have to disqualify your entry. That gives you until September 2nd at 2:30, Eastern Time.
[EDIT2]I'm afraid your time has run out, tough_chick. I'll have to disqualify your entry.

Dek
08/31/2003, 04:53 PM
Voltorb {E}
50 HP
Basic Pokemon
Picture: Voltorb is rolling down a hill casing a Doduo
{C} Tackle- (10)
{E} {E} Detonation Spin- Voltorb does 20 damage to itself. (20)

Weakness: {F}
Resistance: None
Retreat: {C}

Electrode
90 HP
Stage 1 (Evolves from Voltorb. Put Electrode on the Basic Pokemon)
Picture: Electrode shocks a Jugglypuff for balancing of Electrode's body
{E}{C} Rapid Spin- Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 times the number of heads. (20x)
{E} {E} {E} {E} Stealth Bomb- Electrode does 90 damage to itself. If your opponent tries to attack your new Active Pokemon, Flip a coin. If tails, prevent all damage done to your new Active Pokemon (Benching or Evolving will end this effect). (90)

Weakness: {F}
Resistance: None
Retreat: {C}{C}

Expanation: Why did I make Voltorb and Electrode cards? Well, IMO, they have to be one of the most underrated pokemon/evolved pokemon that I know of.

Strategy: Possible these cards could revive the usage of Lightning types without the fear of Tyrouge. Speaking of which, it would be pretty useful using Stealth Bomb on one. Even if it doesnt do 90 damage to Tyrouge, it could at least decrease its chance of hitting the new Active Pokemon cuz it would have to flip TWO coins (and let me tell ya, two heads is a little hard these days)

dkates
08/31/2003, 04:57 PM
Sorry, should have said this, but I didn't want EX Pokemon. Please edit Electrode accordingly. Thought the contest title would have implied it.

[EDIT] Thanks. BTW, you missed an ex in the Stealth Bomb text.
[EDIT2] Got it.

Dek
08/31/2003, 05:02 PM
:( awww, and I worked so HARD on it :(

Tonu
09/01/2003, 05:17 AM
"choose an Evolution line that existed in R/B/Y"
o...it was a night and i was sleepy and i read the rules frong....
i was reading:
"choose an Evolution line that existed in R/S"

can i make new entry (by editing that)?

thnx dkates...

dkates
09/01/2003, 10:07 AM
can i make new entry (by editing that)?Yes. Please do.
[EDIT] You're welcome. Be careful -- I know you're foreign, but I do take off for errors in capitalization, wording and grammar. Good luck!

dkates
09/01/2003, 12:54 PM
Now, I will judge the next valid entry, which at the moment is Sea Crobat's. By the way, Sea Crobat, next time, keep your explanation and strategy sections separate for each card.

Sea Crobat:
Diglett:
Name: 3 points. No problems yet.
Picture: 1 point. Not descriptive at all.
Type: 5 points. Like I said in the top post, piece of cake.
HP: 2 points. Too high for a Diglett, though 40 would have made sense -- even though this one does damage itself.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Here, classic is fine.
Retreat Cost: 2 points. With that much HP (or even if it had 40) it needs a Retreat Cost of 1.
Attack 1: 5 points. Boring! Not to mention, it's a pretty close copy of the original Diglett's Dig attack -- only change was the cost. Most of those lost points were for plaigarism.
Attack 2: 9 points. On its own, fine, but with this little HP, 10 self-damage would have made more sense. Also, an attack this powerful on a Diglett just doesn't quite seem right.
Rarity: 2 points. As created, this one needs to be Uncommon. If corrected as I've suggested, Common might make sense.
Explanations: 1 point. That does not look like you put much effort into it. Why choose (G) over (W) as Weakness? Why no Retreat Cost? Why 50 HP, specifically, when past Diglett cards have had 30 or 40? Two sentences for two cards just won't cut it.
Strategy: 2 points. You mentioned healing cards, and that's about all (the Metal Energy thing does not work anymore). Why Fire types?
Total score: 37 points.

Dugtrio:
Name: 3 points. Easy enough.
Picture: 2 points. A bit better than the Diglett, but still lacking.
Type: 5 points. No question here.
HP: 2 points. You gave no reason that this one should have 20 more HP than all the other Dugtrio cards.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Like I said, here, classic is fine.
Retreat Cost: 2 points. Especially since once you've used Fissure, this card's fairly weak, why burden it further with such a (relatively) high Retreat Cost?
Attack 1: 5 points. I have to hit you again for plaigarism. This is the original Diglett's Mud Slap with a new name, nothing more. You only got points at all because the other conditions for a good attack are all met.
Attack 2: 9 points. Now here, I can be a lot more generous than on the other attacks in this entry. A single-use attack is not new, but not also having a coin flip is. Considering the attack (especially the name), not having it here is questionable. Unfortunately, you made wording and spelling mistakes.
Rarity: 2 points. Ok, but considering that Fissure attack, Rare-Holo makes more sense.
Explanations: 1 point. LikeI said for Diglett, two sentences for two cards will not cut it.
Strategy: 0 points. You gave no strategy at all relating to this card.
Total score: 37 points.

Entry score: 37 points.
Sorry I had to be so harsh, but this does not look like your work, and I've seen enough of it to know that you can do much better than this!

scizorulz87
09/02/2003, 06:24 PM
Here's my entry. It's an unusually rarely seen evo line. EDIT: :o I thought it was 5 points for the name, so when I saw that Nidoran (F) had 3 I thought it was because it was Nidoran (F).

Basic Pokemon
Grimer 40 HP (G)

Illustration: A large... um... herd of Grimers is floating in the water, blocking the drainage pipe of some industrial plant. (The actual plant cannot be seen so I didn't name it's function.) Several law enforcement officers are aiming an unmarked can of disinfectant at them. (Would that work? Who knows...) The sky is very cloudy and black, although the beam of a search light can be seen against the smog.

Now the attacks:
(G) Gooey Grime; the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

(G)(C) Sticky Fingers 20; if the Defending Pokemon has any trainer cards attached to it, you may put 1 of those cards into your hand. (After doing damage. When you discard that card, return it to your opponents discard pile.)

And, finally:
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (C)

Explanations:
Attack 1: For Gooey Grime, well, anyone would be poisoned if they got a face-full of whatever a Grimer is made of, so I guessed that a Pokemon would also.
Attack 2: For Sticky Fingers, I figured since a Grimer is sticky, and has fingers, I would make it an attack. Also, if someone is called Sticky Fingers, they steal stuff, so that's where the effect came from.
HP: I had two choices here, 40 or 50 since every other existing grimer has one of the two. I figured 40 would balance the attacks.
Illustration: I got the idea from the t.v. show. The one where Ash caught a Muk in the smoggy town. (I forget the name...)
Type: Hmmm... Toughy... Well, I can't think of anything. (like the rest)
Weakness: The de-facto standard.
Resistance: No poison-type means no resistance...
Retreat Cost: Fitting, as all other Grimer cards that i've seen have a 1 Energy Retreat.
Rarity: It's not good enough to be Uncommon, but still not bad. Too bad there's no Sorta-Common. :lol:

Strategy: A great addition to any Grass deck, this card sports a variety of uses. The Poisoning effect makes it one of the better Grimers in the game, and Sticky Fingers has quite a nice effect. Decks that could use one: Any Muk, or Triple-Poison Beedrill deck. A very good combo would be with the Team Rocket Grimer.

Stage 1 Pokemon
Muk 80 HP (G)

Illustration: A very large Muk is basking in the thick smog atop the roof of a Nintendo manufacturing facility. Several smaller Muks are... um... frolicking? No, interacting nearby. There are several cars going past on a road in the distance. The sun can barely be seen at all through the pollution.

And now:
PokeBody: Adhesive Grip; All Pokemon Cards named Grimer or Muk cannot be sent to, or removed from the bench by your opponents effect. This Power can't be stopped by the effects of Toxic Gas.

(G)(G)(G) Horrid Stench 30; Flip a coin; if heads, choose one: The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned, or your Opponent can't play Trainer Cards during his or her next turn, or switch one of your Opponent's Benched Pokemon with his or her Active Pokemon.

Last but not least:
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)

Rarity: Rare Holo

Explanations:
PokeBody: I figured that many of the People who use Muk for his Pokemon Power and have no Grass energy in their decks might appreciate them lasting longer, were this a real card. Also I have been wanting a way to protect my Muks for some time.
Attack 1: In the Pokecenters (http://pokecenter.com) Pokedex, it says Muk stinks, and multi effect attacks not only give the game a new dimension of variety, they're just plain fun!
HP: It may seem high for a Muk, but I've seen at least two real Muks with 80 HP so I figured it was only fair. After all his Retreat Cost needs some compensation.
Illustration: Since the game is going to Nintendo, I figured I'd take out my anger by polluting their rooftops in a safe environment. I'd say the illustration sums up industrial Tokyo. BTW, I had no clue how to express the other Muks whatevering nearby, so I went with a general term.
Type: I shouldn't have done this part twice... (same as all others)
Weakness: The usual.
Resistance: Nothing special here...
Retreat: Balances the other effects to keep it from gaining "broken" status.
Rarity: It's attack is decent, and it has an excellent PokeBody, so it had to be a rare holo. Besides, a Muk? In non-holo? It's unorthodox, unheard of even!

Strategy: An excellent card to Build a deck around. The sheer possibilities of its attack are endless. It would still make a great addition to any other Muk deck though. It has a fairly versatile move so you could put it in a deck with, maybe Slowking, or Dark Muk, or even Chaos Gym. If I missed some, blame my Grandma...

Hope you like it! ;)

dkates
09/02/2003, 09:26 PM
I never take off because someone chooses a Pokemon that I don't like or that is unpopular. What I take off for should be evident from my posts on this thread. I'm not going to judge your entry yet, scizorulz, but after a quick read of the cards, I have to say they look good.
[EDIT]Thanks for explaining your confusion on this issue, and thanks for entering.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/05/2003, 05:08 PM
Cubone-40 HP-Fighting-
PokePower-Lonely-Cubone's attacks have a base power of 10 less damage if it is the only pokemon on your side of the field, and a base power of 10 more damage if it is not the only pokemon on your side of the field. This power does not work while Cubone is affected by a Special Condition.
Attack-(F)Bonemerang-10x-Flip 2 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness-(G)
Resistance-(L)
Retreat-(C)
Picture-Cubone stands at the edge of a cliff looking out into the night sky. The sky is clear and full of stars. The moon is full. Cubone tightly grasps its Bone Club in its left hand. A single tear runs down the side of Cubones face.
Rarity-Common
Explanation-I gave Cubone 40 HP because all of its previous Cubones have had 40 HP, and Cubone seems like a fragile pokemon. I gave it (F) type because nothing else would make good sense. I gave it its weakness and resistance because it is an average ground pokemon. I gave it (C) retreat because that is the average retreat cost for a normal Basic that evolves, and Cubone's speed looks about average. I gave it its PokePower because Cubone is commonly known as a Lonely pokemon. I gave it Bonemerang because it is one of its signature attacks, and I had you flip 2 coins because the first flip is for the bone being thrown at the opponent, and the second is for the bone coming back. And I made it a common because Uncommon would be to much.
Strategy-The strategy of this card lies in its evolution, Marowak. But this cards main strategy is to bring it out when you already have other pokemon out so it can have its attack have 10 more base damage.

Marowak-70 HP-Fighting-
PokeBody-Samurai Speed-Whenever your opponent declares an attack against Marowak they must flip a coin. If heads, they can attack Marowak normally. If tails, that attack does nothing.
Attack-(F)(F)(C)Bone Rush-50-Don't apply resistance. If your opponent tried to attack Marowak during thier last turn and failed due to the effects of "Samurai Speed", this attack does 20 more damage.
Weakness-(G)
Resistance-(L)
Retreat
Picture-Marowak stands with its head held low, glaring strait forward. Tall green grass surrounds Marowak, but the grass Marowak is standing on has been flattened. Marowak holds its left are down beside is left leg tightly grasping its Bone Club. It makes it look as though Marowak is a Samurai unsheething its sword.
Rarity-Rare
Explanation-I gave Marowak many Samurai features, including its "Samurai Speed"-"Bone Rush" combo, its samurai-like picture, its free retreat, and its fairly low HP (although 70 HP is average for a Marowak). Marowak seems the most like a Samurai out of all pokemon, so thats why I decided to give it these features. I made it a rare becase it is too good to be an Uncommon, and I don't believe it is good enough to be a Holo-Rare. Weakness and Resistance are nothing new for a Marowak. I made its "Bone Rush" attack not include resistance because I wanted it to seem as though when Marowak attacked it bypassed all the foes defenses. I gave it (F) because nothing else would make sense.
Strategy-This is a great staller, but it also has a solid attack that doesn't require a flip to work. This could combo well with Slowking, as Slowking stops trainers while this stops thier attacks and does good damage.

BTW, Cubones "Bonemerang" attack becomes 20x when there are other pokemon on your side of the field.

SlimeyGrimey
09/05/2003, 07:58 PM
Well, obviously I'll do Grimer and Muk.:clap:

(Basic Pokémon)
Grimer 50HP(Grass type)

(C) Draining Sludge (no damage)
Look at the top card of your deck. If it is a (G) energy card, attach it to Grimer, otherwise, discard it.

(G) Slippery Slime (no damage)
If Grimer is damaged by an opponent's attack during your opponent's next turn, and Grimer would not be knocked out by that damage, shuffle Grimer and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Resistance: (None)
Retreat Cost: (C)

Picture: A Grimer in a drainpipe with its mouth open eagerly looking up through a grate in the pipe.

Rarity:Common

(Stage 1 Pokemon)
Muk 70HP(Grass type)

Poke-Body:Slimy Skin: Whenever an opponent's attack damages Muk, you may discard a (G) energy card attached to Muk. If you do, the defending pokemon is now poisoned.

(G)(G) Sludge Buildup (20+)
Either search your deck for a (G) energy card and attach it to Muk, or discard (G) energy cards attached to Muk until there are exactly two (G) energy cards attached. This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage times the number of energy cards discarded in this way.

Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

Picture:A Muk sitting by a graffiti-covered wall throwing a ball of sludge off to the left side.

Rarity:Rare

Explanation: The weakness is pretty obvious, psychic is the only type that poison is weak to besides ground, but rock(I think) and fighting are unnaffective so it couldn't really have a weakness to that. There isn't really anything for Muk or Grimer to be resistant to, so I decided to leave out a resistance. Grimer's HP(50): besides this being the normal HP for Grimer, (rarely there is one with 40) I feel that it should have 50 because it has rather decent HP in the GB games. Muk's HP(70):This is the regular amount for Muk to have, I considered giving it 80 due to its pretty high HP in the GB games, but then again, its defensive stats aren't really superb. Grimer's Retreat cost(C): I feel that Grimer is not really worth two energy to save from being knocked out; it wasn't that slow in the GB games. Muk's retreat cost(C)(C): Muk is too slow to have a retreat cost of one or less, but three is too many, even for Muk.

Strategy: This evolution line might work nicely with energy trans Venusaur/Sceptile. That way you could transfer enough energy to Muk to knock out your opponent's active. The only problem with that is you would run out of energy quickly, so against a high HP Pokémon you could do enough damage to knock them out next turn with either Muk's power(preferably for times when you leave them with 10 HP) or Sludge Buildup for 20 and search for an energy. Fisherman or Town Volunteers would help a lot to get back discarded energy.

bullados
09/05/2003, 09:21 PM
Magikarp
30 HP
Type: Water
Weakness: Lightning
Retreat: [C]

Picture:
One Magikarp, floating in the water, facing down and left, with a dream bubble to its top and right, with a Gyarados silhouette inside. In the background, there are the sillhouettes of the other fish shaped Pokemon in the water, and a Tauros drinking from the water in the very top left corner. A partial moon is shown in the top right corner, behind the dream bubble. A Magikarp tail is in the foreground, in the lower right hand corner, making it seem like the Magikarp is facing down and right.

Pokemon Power: "Random Evolution"
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may flip 2 coins. If both are heads, search your deck for a card called Gyarados or Dark Gyarados, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards. If both are tails, your turn ends (you don't get to attack).

[W] Super Flail 10+
This attack does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on Magikarp.

Explination:
For the Magikarp, there should be no explination. I wanted to make one that had some use, but wasn't too quick or overpowering. I do realize that Super Flail is quite possibly the strongest attack on any Magikarp aside from Giovanni's, and I wanted it to be that way. The Power is extremely balanced, IMO. 25% of the time, you get Gyarados. 50% of the time, it does nothing. 25% of the time, you don't get to attack. I gave him the Rare rating because most to all other Magikarps have been Uncommons, and this is more powerful than any of the others.

Strategy for Magikarp:
For Magikarp, just get it on the bench, and keep it on the bench until you can get Gyarados out!!!

Combos:
NR NH Suicune -- Legendary Body is a temporary relief from Gusting cards.

Babies -- Defense is also key when dealing with this tiny titan, and nothing is better than Babies at that.

Slowking -- Keep those nasty Gusts out of play

Chaos Gym -- See Slowking

Gyarados
110 HP
Weakness: Lightning
Resistance: Fighting -30
Retreat: [CC]
Rarity: Rare-Holographic

Picture: Gyarados, floating in mid-air slightly above a lake, with Magikarp splashing around him, in a traditional "snake" posture, facing up and to the left, towards the silhouette of Dragonite, Lugia, and Ho-oh, looking like its roaring. A couple Tauros in the background appear to be baying in response. A forest is behind the Tauros, and several mountains are behind the forest.

Pokemon Power: "Dragon's Ancient Rage"
If Gyarados is damaged, place 1 damage counter on the Pokemon that damaged Gyarados. If Gyarados was damaged from a pokemon power, trainer card, or effect of a previous attack, then place 1 damage counter on your Opponent's Active Pokemon.

[WWLC] Hydro Thunder Pump 50+
if the Defending Pokemon's Weakness is (L), this attack does 50 damage plus 50 damage.

Explination:
On Gyarados, for the Weakness, I thought that was completely misrepresented on prior cards, and I wanted to get it right for once, considering that it is a partial Flying-type. The resistance to Fighting is because of the partial Flying-type, as all Flying types in the TCG have that resistance. They also share a relatively low retreat cost, and I wanted Gyarados to reflect that, even though a 2 retreat cost isn't exactly low, it is for the Gyarados line. The PokePOWER was ment to try and use the nature of Gyarados first instilled in the Anime, where Gyarados is a powerful, but extremely angry, Pokemon. The angrier it gets, the more damage it tends to do. The attack was to try and incorporate the Thunderbolting Gyarados that I so loved using in the Game Boy games to the standard Power Gyarados. IN the game, I would use Surf and Thunderbolt to try and keep my opponent on their toes, and I want to see no less from Gyarados. In essence, it is a 2-type Pokemon with only one weakness. Gyarados, I believe, has amazing defense and special defense in the GB Game, along with fairly good HP. I don't think that any Gyarados card in the past has given Gyarados any respect in terms of those two facts, so I gave this guy the Steelix treatment, at least in terms of HP. In short, it is a beast against both Fire AND Water type decks.

Strategy for Gyarados:
I wanted to try and get a Lightning-Water deck running for the longest time, and now, I think I've finally done it!!! There really is no strategy here, except get the beast out and start doing damage!!!

Combos:
any Lanturn -- I know that this isn't much of a combo, but they all can use Water AND Electric energies, or they have dual-type attacking ability, perfect for this deck.

Rainbow Energy -- duh...duh...duh...Due to the Rainbow NRG wording, the PokePOWER would not be activated. This is intentional.

Lady Outing/Energy Search -- With 2-type attacks, you need some flexibility in terms of what energy you are going to draw. However, Copycat and Elm work just as well...

(I can't remember anything else... Can you think of more?)

TheDeuce
09/08/2003, 07:56 PM
Okay, here we go...

Note: I gave Dragonite his own explanation while combining Dragonair/Dratini's. I would've separated all of them, but I felt that Dratini/Dragonair were similar enough so that I could pull it off.)

Dratini
50 HP
Basic Colorless Pokémon

Picture: One Dratini sticking it's head out of a lake, the lake is very clear and Dratini can see his reflection in it, it looks puzzled, as if it thinks it's reflection is another Dratini staring back at him.

[C] Light Aura - 10 damage. If there are any basic Energy cards attached to Dratini, choose one of them. Before doing damage, change Dratini's type to the same as that Energy card.

Weakness: Colorless
Resistance: Fire
Retreat: C

-------------------

Dragonair
70 HP
Stage 1 Colorless Pokémon

Picture: Dragonair can be seen in the water, it's completely submerged under the surface, and it looking up at you (the camera, or whatever). Dragonair's body is brightly glowing with white light as if surrounded by an aura (like it's attack says).

[CC] Survival Light - Count the number of different types of basic Energy cards attached to Dragonair, you may remove up to that many damage counters from any one of your Pokémon.

[CCC] Miracle Aura - 30 damage. If there are any basic Energy cards attached to Dragonair, choose one of them. Before doing damage, change Dragonair's type to the same as that Energy card.

Retreat: CC
Rarity: Rare Non-Holo

Explanations: Well the Dragonite line is always colorless, since there's no dragon type in the card game. 50 HP is pretty average for Dratini, so I decided to go with that. I gave Dragonair 10 less HP than normal, because of it's usefulness, it evens it out a bit. I gave them the colorless weakness like the ADV3 dragons have just because it's something new, and nothing else really makes sense, seeing as dragon's resistant to so many types in the video game. and since TPC doesn't seem to be making many cards without weaknesses anymore, colorless got chosen through process of elimination. The fire resistance is pretty much the same, in ADV3 some dragons have fire as one of their resistances, and since Dratini/Dragonair aren't Pokémon-ex I had to choose only 1 resistance to give them. Seeing as nothing else has a resistance to fire as of yet, I went ahead with that. I made Dratini a common, because it's nothing great, which is also the reason for the retreat cost, it's attack isn't anything amazing, so I felt the typical retreat cost would work. Dragonair on the other hand can be quite good. Miracle Aura can take advantage of an opponent's weakness and deal 60 damage for 3 energy with no downside. Survival Light is not as good as it seems, granted if you get enough energy on it, it can pick up a lot of damage, but keep in mind, you've got to get 4+ different energy on it in order to get a decent heal. I gave it thatretreat of 2 because it can be good, but you got to work on it, so it's retreat isn't big, but it's not small either. It's still good, but not broken. Bottom line, I made it a rare for that reason.

-------------------

Dragonite
100 HP
Stage 2 Colorless Pokémon

Picture: Well, first off the card has a holographic background (This is significant to the pic). It's a front view of Dragonite, flying in the air, a brightly lit sky can be seen in the background. Like it's previous form, Dragonite is surrounded by what is taken to be it's aura, except this time, it's a golden light instead of a white light. The dragon's aura is apparently so strong that even it's eyes are glowing with energy, the eyes are the same color as the light surrounding Dragonite, and are holographic like the background.

Poké-Power: Energy Defense - As long as Dragonite is your Active Pokémon, none of your Active Pokémon take damage from attacks by Pokémon with two or more different types of basic Energy cards attached to them. This power stops working if Dragonite is affected by a Special Condition.

[CCCC] Ultimate Aura - 50 damage. If there are any basic Energy cards in play, choose one of them. Before doing damage, you may change Dragonite's type to the same as that Energy card. At any time between turns, you may change Dragonite's type back to [C].

Retreat: CCC
Rarity: Rare-Holographic

Explanations: Well I was gonna go with 110 HP, but based on the potential this card has, I changed it to 100, anything under that seems like too little for a Dragonite. It's weakness is colorless for the same reason as Dratini and Dragonair. Nothing else fits, and there are barely any no weakness pokémon anymore. I chose the fire resistance over the semi-normal fighting resistance, half-because the most current Dragonite doesn't have that resistance, and half because fighting also covers rock-type pokémon/attacks, and in the video games Draggy is weak to rock. The retreat cost is a little more than normal, but I think it helps to even out the cards power a bit. Based on how strong the card can be, I think making it a Rare-Holo works.

Strategy/Combos - Well obviously, the whole line combos very well with anything that can help it get a bunch of different energy cards. Expedition Clefable I think would work pretty well, Aquapolis Furret, Power Plant Stadium card with Juggler. With the Dragonite, I also think Aquapolis Tentacruel would be interesting, if the opponent plays Juggler or anything to discard energy, you might be able to use Tentacruel's power to put 2 types of basic energy onto the active, that way, Dragonite's power would block all damage from it's attacks. Finally, I think the most obvious combo would be with the TM Cubes/Miracle Spheres, seeing as it can change it's type to to almost anything, he can use most of the Cubes and all of the spheres as long as you have the energy on him for him to change his type.

Dratini
- E1 Clefable
- E2 Furret
- TM Cubes
- Power Plant/Juggler

Dragonair
- E1 Clefable
- E2 Furret
- TM Cubes
- Miracle Spheres
- Power Plant/Juggler
- E1 Amphy (Move all benched energy to 'Nair, to maximize healing.)

Dragonite
- E1 Clefable (Not as much as others)
- E2 Furret (Not as much as others)
- TM Cubes
- Miracle Spheres
- Power Plant/Juggler
- E2 Tentacruel
- E2 Magneton (Example: Opponent has Mewtwo ex and Raichu ex in play, both fully powered. If you get heads on the power, you switch the energy, so if either wants to attack, they'll have to attach a second type of energy, therefore making them useless until they retreat the energy off.)

dkates
09/09/2003, 05:35 PM
Sorry it's been so long since I posted scores. Here's Tonu's. From here on out, I'll only comment if something needs to be said.

Tonu:
Nidoran♂ :
Name: 3 points.
Picture: 1 point. Not at all descriptive.
Type: 5 points.
HP: 5 points.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. You misspelled Resistance on all of these cards, btw.
Retreat Cost: 5 points.
Attack 1: 15 points.
Attack 2: 10 points. Underpowered.
Rarity: 3 points.
Explanations: 8 points. This was a little hard to judge.
Strategy: 8 points.
Total score: 68 points.

Nidorino:
Picture: 1 point. Again, very vague.
HP: 4 points. Hard call, but 60 might have been better, considering.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points.
Attack 1: 8 points. The wording was off. If you meant it to be damage on heads only, with failure and self-damage on tails, you should have left off the second sentence and had the "third" sentence say, "If tails, this attack does no damage to the Defending Pokemon and Nidorino does 50 damage to itself." That version, which I assumed was what you meant, is pretty balanced. If you meant 50 to Defending either way and 50 damage to Nidorino on tails, you should have simply left the second sentence off. That version would have had balance issues.
Attack 2: 15 points. It's not exactly Linoone, but the 1-in-8 chance of Paralysis is interesting, and 20 damage per heads is definitely not overpowered. Without the Paralysis, though, I'd have taken off for the attack being too weak.
Rarity: 3 points. It was a tough call, but I think you called it right.
Explanations: 8 points.
Strategy: 7 points. Good strategy (especially Gold Berry), but you could also use Boost Energy for Continuous Headbutt.
Total score: 64 points.

Nidoking:
Picture: 3 points. Why just describe it when you can show it, right? Nice picture! Do it yourself?
Type: 5 points. The road less traveled.
Attack 1: 13 points. Good attack, grammar mistakes. Sorry.
Attack 2: 6 points. Grammar mistakes lost you a couple, but the main issue was the coin flips. 3 coin flips for (FFFF), with even one tails being a failure? A 7-in-8 chance of failure is overdoing it. 2 flips would have been sufficient, especially considering the added risk in a 2-on-2 or team game.
Rarity: 1 point. Choose one or the other. However, since Rare would have been about right, I didn't take off all 3 points.
Explanations: 8 points. Very informative!
Strategy: 8 points. Good combos.
Total score: 62 points.

Entry score: 65 points.
Good entry! Not quite the lead, but good!

Captain Obviousx1
09/09/2003, 06:56 PM
Name: Articuno
Pic: Articuno is trapped in one of the sections of an ice cube tray. It appears to be struggling to escape. This pic is meant to be funny, so there are ?'s around its head.
HP: 70
Weakness: None
Resistance: Fighting
Retreat Cost: Two Colorless

(w)Brain Freeze: 10
Flip a coin. If heads, choose one card in your opponent's hand at random without looking at your opponent's hand. Your opponent must shuffle that card into their deck.

(w)(w)(c)Sub-Zero Link: 30
Discard up to two cards from your hand. Your opponent must discard the same number of cards from their hand.

Rarity: Rare Holo

Explanations: The past Articunos haven't had Weaknesses, mainly because it's a Legendary bird who only really has Lightning as a viable Weakness. However, since it's Legendary, Weakness shouldn't apply. Resistance to Fighting is natural because the past Articunos have had it...and how is a Fighting Poke supposed to hit something flying in the air? This card would be a little too good with one retreat cost, so a bump up to two was needed. A HP of 70 just made sense, since that's the norm for Legendary birds, besides the fact that this card is intended to be useful in a Haymaker.

Strategy: First of all, it's obvious that this card is great in Rain Dance. A guy who can deal 30 and mess with their hand? Sure, you have to pay the price as well, but it's usually worth it. This also works in trainer disruption with cards such as Rocket's Sneak Attack, The Rocket's Trap, and Lass. Also useful with Chaos Gym, since whatever they have left will be difficult to get to work.

dkates
09/10/2003, 07:55 AM
I'll be posting the next set of scores later today, but I've been browsing through the remaining contestants. Some of the cards are pretty impressive!

dkates
09/10/2003, 03:11 PM
And now, Arthas_Zero, let's see how you did.

Arthas_Zero:
Voltorb:
Picture: 2 points. Interesting, but it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.
HP: 5 points. Normally, 40'd be better, but the self-damage changes things.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. Metal Resistance would've worked, too.
Attack 1: 15 points. Classic's ok, since it has another attack that's original.
Attack 2: 10 points. Cool name, good effect, too weak. For that cost and self-damage, it should do 40.
Rarity: 0 points. You forgot!
Explanations: 0 points. You didn't include anything I asked for.
Strategy:0 points. Your strategy section mentioned nothing about this card.
Total score: 50 points.

Electrode:
Picture: 2 points. Amusing, but what's the background like?
Type: 0 points. Although it's obvious what you wanted it to be, you didn't write it.
HP: 4 points. A little high for an Electrode, but not badly so.
Retreat Cost: 5 points. It was a tough call -- only one other Electrode card ever had this high a Retreat Cost.
Attack 1: 15 points. Slightly overcosted, but I didn't take off.
Attack 2: 7 points. First, a 4 colored Energy attack on an Electrode is very expensive for an Electrode, considering its speedy reputation. Second, what happens if Stealth Bomb doesn't Knock Out Electrode? Your text assumes that Electrode is Knocked Out, but it can easily be avoided. Also, why put the good effect on tails?
Rarity: 0 points. A little detail can make a big difference, like this one.
Explanations: 0 points. Again, you explained nothing I wanted explained.
Strategy: 2 points. You tried, but there are no combos listed, and there's a flaw in your logic on the Tyrogue comment. You're right, though, that these guys could help bring Lightning back into good standing.
Total score: 43 points.

Entry score: 47 points.
Don't get me wrong, these are great cards, but a large number of little mistakes, mostly omitted sections, made what could easily have been a front-runner make only a mediocre standing.

Captain Obviousx1
09/10/2003, 04:47 PM
I can't wait until mine gets rated. ^_^

dkates
09/10/2003, 08:06 PM
This contest is still open for entries. If anyone is still interested in entering, now's your chance.

Pidgeotto Trainer
09/10/2003, 09:29 PM
Of course I will be doing the Pidgeotto Line! :clap:
(Pidgeotto lets out a cheer)

Pidgey
picture: A Pidgey is flying right at us on the left side of the picture. You can see far below Pidgey on the right side is a small house. You can see a boy standing outside the house waving but he is too far away to see him too detailed. There is a light green grass around the house as far as we can see.
Type: Colorless
HP 40
weakness: Lightning
resistance: Fighting
Retreat cost: 1 colorless
Attacks:
1 C Eye In The Sky
Look at the top number of cards in your deck equal to the number of pokemon you have in play including Pidgey. Choose 1 of those cards and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
2 C Small Gust 20
Common
explanations: Lightning only makes sense for Normal/Flying. Fighting makes sense also for flying being fully resistant to ground. 1 retreat is the norm for Pidgey and most small basics. 40 HP is what 3 of 4 Pidgeys have been and this one has a pretty good attack.
strategy: Eye in the sky is a good 1st attck for any deck to get started. I don't think it's worth it to play if your not gonna play it's evolutions but is a good pokemon for your 1st attack of the game. There isn't any deck that would specifically do better by getting a chance at any card. It is a good idea to load you bench for Eyes.... with cards like Challenge, Pokemon Fan Club. 1 Pokemon I can think of is Kabuto discovery that can add Kabutos to your bench. That kind of power can help Pidgey but only if you were gonna play Kabutops with Pidgeot anyways. Small gust is just so it can put some damage on the board.

Pidgeotto
picture: You see a Pidgeotto at the top of the picture soaring swiftly right to left. A river is below Pidgeotto and he appears to be following it's path. The river is wide and you can see a little bit of grass on the banks of each side. You can see Pidgeotto's reflection in the water.
Type: colorless
HP 60
retreat: 1 colorless
Attacks:
2 C Air Cutter 20
Flip 2 coins, for each heads do 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's benched pokemon. (You may do 20 to 1 benched pokemon if you get 2 heads.)
4 C Sky Attack 70
Once you use this attack, you may not use this attack again as long as Pidgeotto is in play. Benching does not reset this attack. Evolving or Devolving does reset this attack.
Uncommon (Tough choice, could've gone either way but since there is a good evolution & the old Pidgeotto probably should've been uncommon as well.)
explanations: Lightning still is the only choice for weakness. Fighting still makes sense. The retreat cost I decided should be 1. 2/3 of the Pidgeottos have had a 0 but this one's attacks are too good for a free retreat in my opinion. All Pidgeottos have had 60 HP and it seems appropriate for a stage 1 that evolves.
strategy: Air Cutter is a good attack that can do bench damage which is good to have somewhere in your deck for the right situation. It's 2nd attack is good with Boost Energy. You can do 70 by turn 2 with it. Hyper Devolution Spray, Undersea Ruins, Lure Ball, Retro Energy will all help to reset Sky Attack. Especially since those fit right in with Pidgeot's strategy. Take your opponent by surprise when you devolve Pidgeot & do 70. :D

Pidgeot
picture: Pidgeot is in the right-center of the picture facing someone just to our left. Pidgeot is flying just above the tree tops of a large forest. He is launching a furious gust attack in the direction of the person to our left. You can see brushes of the wind & how fast Pidgeot is beating his wings. Since he gusting just to our left, we can see the tops of the trees bend a little.
type: colorless
Hp 80
retreat: 0
Pokemon Power: Giant Gust
When you play Pidgeot to evolve 1 of your pokemon, flip a coin. If heads, and if your opponent has any benched pokemon, choose 1 of them and return it and all cards attached to it to your opponent's hand.
attack:
3 C Soaring Flight 30
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks including damage done to Pidgeot until the end of your opponent's next turn. Benching or evolving Pidgeot ends this effect.
Holo-Rare
explanation: Weakness to lightning & resistance to Fighting still are the best choices. All Pidgeots have had free retreat and it makes this one a bit easier to use. It can fly up to mach 2 after all so it should be free. 80 Hp seems right. 2/3 Pidgeot have been that way and it's not a big attacker so 80 seems right.
strategy: The whole point to this card is to use and abuse Giant Gust. I've seen this strategy play out similarly to Sky Beedrill although the 2 affect your opponent entirely differently. Your gonna want Hyper Devolution Spray, Undersea Ruins + Lure Ball and Retro Energy. Gust of Wind, Double Gust or Warp Point can be good since Giant Gust can only affect the bench and your opponent may have their big hitter as the active. Desert Shaman or Imposter Oak's Revenge is great since you can play that after Giant Gust unlike Jungle Pidgeot's Hurricane where you needed to wait a turn.
You want to keep resetting Giant Gust so it can really slow your opponent down. You can even Hyper Devolution Spray or Ruins + Lure Ball to devolve 1 Pidgeot and evolve another setting off Giant Gust. Then next turn you devolve that 1 and evolve the other. This plays right into Pidgeotto's Sky Attack. Since it resets if evolved or devolved you can evolve 1 Pidgeot and use a Pidgeotto to do 70. Then you use Hyper Devolution spray etc. on the Pidgeot, evolve the Pidgeotto that just attacked for another Giant Gust. Send up the just devolved Pidgeotto with it's resetted Sky Attack and attack for 70. Then repeat as long as you don't run out of those trainers. Undersea Ruins is good since that will stay in play but you need Lure Ball. Since this is colorless, it can be combined with most pokemon but if you want to focus on the combo I mentioned, you can't use very many other pokemon with all those trainers. You can still use some.
Hope ya like it :D

ShadowCacnea
09/13/2003, 04:10 PM
Name:
Picture:
Type:
HP:
Weakness/Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
Pokemon Power/Attacks:
Rarity:
Explanations:
Strategy:

I'm doing the Rhyhorn line...

Rhyhorn {F} 60HP
{F} Trample 10
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. If tails, Rhyhorn does 20 damage to itself.
{FFC} Horn Slice 20
Select up to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Flip 2 coins for each of them. This attack does 10 damage to each of them for each heads.
Weakness-W Resistance-L Retreat Cost-CCC
Rarity:Uncommon

Explanations:I made Rhyhorn a {F} type because it's Rock/Ground, and in the TCG, both of those are {F} type. 60HP is around average for Rhyhorn, while one or 2 of them had 70, I gave it 60 because of the potential it has. Weakness is {W} because all of the previous Rhyhorn cards I've seen have weakness to {G}, and I like to do things sort of different with my cards. The {L} Resistance shows because Rhyhorn is a part ground type. The 3 retreat cost is normal for Rhyhorn cards, and 4 is far too much for an evolving basic, IMO. It is an Uncommon because the second attack makes it stand out above most of the other Rhyhorn cards.

Strategy: Rhyhorn goes best in a Bench Damage deck, with some healing cards to clear self-damage from the first attack. If you can't attack with it, it is still a decent wall with 60HP. The resistance could be big if Lightning ever picks up again. Under Wizards rules, Metal energy might be a viable choice for it, despite reducing the first attack's damage to the Active Pokemon to 0.

Rhydon {F} 100HP
{Poke-Body} Rock-Hard Skin
If Rhydon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack, flip a coin. If heads, reduce all damage done by that attack by 30 (Including damage done to your Benched Pokemon).
{FFCC} Destructive Magnitude 40+
Rhydon does 20 damage to itself. Place 2 damage counters on each pokemon on each plaers bench. If Rhydon was not damaged by an attack during your opponent's last turn, then you may flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 damage plus 20 more damage.
Weakness-W Resistance-L Retreat Cost-CCCC
Rarity-Rare-HOLO

Explanations: I made it a {F} type because, like Rhyhorn, it is a Ground/Rock type in the game, and in the TCG, they're both {F} type. 100HP is pretty much average for a Rhydon, and 110HP seemed too much considering the ability it has to prevent so much damage. I made it so Rhydon's power would only go off if damaged by an opponent's attack so that it wouldn't set off the power when it used it's attack. The {W} weakness is for the same reason as Rhyhorn, all of the Rhydon cards I've seen have {G} weakness and I like doing things different. The retreat cost of 4 is because it's a very good card and, along with the HP, should compensate for that. It's a rare-holo for the same reason as it has the 4 retreat cost.

Strategy: This card continues on with Rhyhorn's bench damaging ability and requires some healing to not knock itself out with it's attack. Gagin, {M} energy would help in Wizards rules, but in Nintendo's rules it's useless. It's not a good idea to use Rhydon as a wall, but if you absolutely have to, it makes an incredible wall, with 100HP and a damage-preventing power. The downside is it is a stage 1. It would also work in a Steelix deck as another heavy hitter, since Steelix decks usually run {F} energies.

bullados
09/18/2003, 06:52 AM
When are you going to grade these? I mean, the rest of them?

dkates
09/18/2003, 08:03 AM
Sorry, a lot's been happening. I will try to continue grading later today.

bullados
09/19/2003, 05:10 PM
and your definition of "later today" would be, when? A week? A month? longer?

dkates
09/19/2003, 06:21 PM
Sorry so slow. Here's the next score:

scizorulz87:
Grimer:
Picture: 3 points. Very vivid!
Attack 1: 15 points. Simple and straightforward.
Attack 2: 4 points. Nice, but pulling an opponent's card into your pool is an illegal game mechanic. Major points off.
Rarity: 2 points. Even just removing an opponent's attached Trainers is more powerful than you think. Common Pokemon are usually much simpler than that.
Total: 58 points.

Muk:
Picture: 3 points. Yuck! I can see it!
HP: 4 points. A little high for a Muk, since most have 70. Not unbalanced, though.
Pokemon Power: 10 points. Sorry, but that last sentence is another illegal game mechanic. Still, it's a super-cool effect, and it's a minor violation of game mechanics. Although I wish it weren't an illegal mechanic...
Attack: 15 points. Simply evil. I love it!
Explanations: 8 points. I WAS going to take off, but since you went so far beyond the call of duty, you got the points right back.
Total: 69 points.

Entry score: 64 points.
Not bad! The Grimer slipped you up a little, but a very good showing!

I will try to finish this up over the weekend.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 08:27 PM
May I slightly edit my entry?

dkates
09/19/2003, 08:28 PM
No, you may not. The contest is closed, and it wouldn't be fair to those who have already had their entries judged.

ShadowOfTyranitar
09/19/2003, 08:35 PM
Thats fair.

TheDeuce
09/23/2003, 01:03 PM
I will try to finish this up over the weekend.

The question is, which weekend?

j/k :P

dkates
09/23/2003, 01:08 PM
Again, I can only apologize for taking so long. By the way, I have decided that I will accept ShadowCacnea's entry, since I was unclear about when the contest closed. I have 7 entries left to grade, so this may be a while. Please continue to bear with me, and thank you all for your patience.

dkates
09/23/2003, 03:36 PM
I suppose I should get cracking, so here's the next set of scores.

ShadowOfTyranitar:
Cubone:
Picture: 3 points. WOW! That is an impressive description.
Pokemon Power: 9 points. A very interesting effect, but a little confusing with a coin-flip attack. However, correctly reworded, it would be an interesting Power.
Attack: 14 points. I looked at this two ways. The first is simply as written, which can only happen with Powers shut off. There, it's fine, even a little undercosted. But then I looked at the more likely scenario that its Power is on, and there are other Pokemon on the same side of the field. Then it's very slightly overpowered. Not ridiculously so, bit noticeably.
Explanations: 8 points. Lucky I'm not a real English teacher -- your sentences all started out the same...:lol:
Strategy: 6 points. You missed one fairly major combo -- Fighting Cube 01. With that, and the wording of the Power, you can do up to 60 damage for a single (F), which is pretty good for a Basic with only 40 HP.
Total score: 66 points.

Marowak:
Picture: 3 points. I almost gave you 2 for this, but that's only because this isn't quite as descriptive as that Cubone.
HP: 4 points. Normally, this would have been a 5, but with that Power...
Retreat Cost: 3 points. Marowak's not that fast...
Pokemon Power: 8 points. The name is creative, but we do not need another megababy.
Attack: 10 points. Woulda been 15 without that last sentence, but that mechanic just strikes a bad chord with me.
Rarity: 2 points. I'd have gone for Rare-Holo -- *shudders* a Rare-Holo Marowak...
Explanations: 8 points. Your explanation on Weakness/Resistance was a little bit of a brush-off, but you went pretty far beyond the call of duty.
Strategy: 7 points. Not bad, but I can think of a couple of other ideas. Donphan, for one. That's a tricky one, though.
Total score: 58 points.

Entry score: 62 points.
Not bad! Marowak was just a little buggy, but not a bad card by a long shot. And that Cubone was good work.

bullados
09/27/2003, 09:28 AM
Kool. Any more?

bullados
09/28/2003, 03:53 PM
Still waiting... Are mine ever gonna get graded?

dkates
09/28/2003, 06:08 PM
Eventually. Don't know when, though.

dkates
09/28/2003, 09:08 PM
You're way too late, celebexpert2. This contest closed for entries a week and a half ago.

Celebexpert2
09/29/2003, 04:37 PM
Sorry,let me chance.PLEASE

dkates
09/29/2003, 04:52 PM
Thing is, I can tell already that your entry would not do well. I am very critical about badly worded cards. Besides, I'm already very far behind in grading the entries. I'll consider, but be advised that if I do accept it, you should not expect a high score.

Celebexpert2
09/29/2003, 05:15 PM
I will edit my post,when are gonna be another tournament of creating,if you tell me when I will be the first one to enter,i will edited it now.Thank you.

dkates
09/29/2003, 07:52 PM
I don't know yet when I will start another contest, but it will probably be soon after I finish judging this one, assuming that ever happens.

dkates
10/01/2003, 11:31 PM
Time I got this show on the road!

SlimeyGrimey:
Grimer:
Picture: 2 points. Interesting, but not quite descriptive enough. Is it bright or dark? Where in the picture is Grimer? How big a pipe is this?
Attack 1: 15 points. Looks like some of the attacks we'll see in EX: Dragons...
Attack 2: 13 points. Not bad, but this Grimer can't do damage. I would have made this attack do 10 or 20 damage.
Strategy: 0 points. This is why you should keep these separate -- your strategy section was great for Muk, as your score will show, but you didn't even touch on Grimer.
Card score: 64 points.

Muk:
Picture: 2 points. A little better than on Grimer, but I didn't think it was good enough to deserve a 3. Is it daytime? Nighttime? Can you tell? How big a ball of sludge?
Pokemon Power: 13 points. A nice effect, but can you use this if Muk is knocked out? As written, it's hard to tell. If you can, there are small balance issues (you're discarding an Energy that would be discarded anyway), but it's not that major. Actually, it could lead to a combo or two...
Attack: 15 points. Very interesting. I couldn't grade this quite in the usual way, by comparing damage + effect to cost and evaluating overall balance. It does bring up images of Magcargo, although there are some not-so-subtle differences, the biggest one being the search option. Overall, the attack seems powerful, but balanced.
Rarity: 2 points. Especially with that attack, this guy deserves to be Rare-Holo.
Strategy: 6 points. Good, but you left out some major combos. First off, as written, the Power would probably be usable even if Muk is Knocked Out. That being the case, this card makes a tricky combo with any Pokemon with the Life Drain attack. Muk provides the Poison and, on a lucky coin flip, Life Drain provides everything else. Also, since this guy can increase your Energy, he would make an interesting partner for Gardevoir ex. You could also combo with Harvest Bounty (Expedition) Venusaur, to make this attack more effective.
Card score: 69 points.

Entry score: 67 points.
Not bad! A few minor shortcomings, but a very good standing. I hope to see you in a future contest.

Otaku
10/02/2003, 07:30 AM
I'll have to discuss your scoring rubric on AIM some time... it looked pretty good (considering I ahve been working on one for card reviewing for I don't remember how long and it's still not done... one thing I think might need discussing is your rarity score... I generally find that, if they were trying to be "fair" (perhaps that's too antiquated a term now) then rarity would best be used for separating cards by complication, not power: otherwise, you risk making it a rich person's (or thief's...) game. That's one of the things that really hurt Pokemon in the early days, and still messes up Yu-Gi-Oh. If rarity must exist, as I said, it works well when applied to complexity: this makes it easier for people to get into the game, as they don't have to bust there brains figuring out Poke-POWER typed in point 3 font. :p Cards should otherwise be designed with balance in mind: jsut becuase a card is a common does not mean it should be weak, nor should rare cards be over-powered because they are rare. Whil it is annoying getting near useless rares (Devolution Spray or Clefairy Doll, anyone) it may be worse to get only one viable card in a pack (as early Yu-Gi-Oh players well know).

dkates
10/02/2003, 08:40 AM
Like you said, we can discuss this on AIM, but I'm actually thinking about removing that section for future contests.

dkates
10/03/2003, 11:11 AM
Bullados:
Magikarp:
Picture: 3 points.
Pokemon Power: 10 points. Hm. Half the time, this Power does nothing. 1/4 of the time, you get a limited version of Professor Elm's Training Method. The remaining 1/4 of the time, you don't get to attack. Considering the rest of the spread, the two-heads effect needs to be better -- such as actually evolving Magikarp. Yes, I am aware that this is Magikarp...
Attack: 15 points. Interesting, isn't it, that this is more powerful than any Magikarp other than Giovanni's ever got, in terms of max damage? Seems about right for the cost -- (W) for 10-30.
Rarity: 2 points. First off, I thought other Magikarp were usually Common -- I'll have to look that up. Second, since this guy evolves, it doesn't make much sense for him to be a Rare. Usually, the Basic of an Evolution line is either Common or Uncommon. In this case, I'd have said Uncommon.
Explanations: 0 points. Sorry, but you didn't explain any of the things you were supposed to explain.
Strategy: 7 points. Missed one. This guy's a prime candidate for a Memory Berry/Recall combo.
Card score: 60 points.

Gyarados:
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. I never understood why Gyarados cards used to have Grass Weakness...
Retreat Cost: 5 points. Hard call, actually -- it's lower than most, but I ultimately decided it makes sense.
Pokemon Power: 12 points. Interesting -- a very slightly powered-up version of Strikes Back. The only question left unanswered is whether Special Conditions shut it off. If you had written it as a Poke-Body, that question would have been answered by the wording, as Poke-Bodies default to no.
Attack: 15 points. Again, interesting. Doubling the damage against a different type is an interesting maneuver. If I were to strictly analyze cost vs. damage, I'd say it was overcosted, but it's not by enough to warrant a deduction. The multi-color cost was an interesting approach...
Rarity: 3 points. Right on target.
Explanations: 8 points. And some very good extra arguments, too. Are you on a debate team? You seem to be very good at supporting arguments.
Strategy: 8 points. Good ones. There's always that classic combo for all Gyarados, Memory Berry/Recall + Flail (or, in your line's case, Super Flail). There's also Multi or Crystal Energy, for the same general purpose as Rainbow Energy.
Card score: 72 points.

Entry score: 66 points.
Not bad. Messing up the Explanations on Magikarp hurt you, but everything else was very good. I hope to see you in my future contests. Sorry I took so long to grade you.

dkates
10/03/2003, 02:03 PM
TheDeuce:
Dratini:
Picture: 3 points. Sounds entertaining.
HP: 4 points. A little high -- all other Dratinis have had 40.
Weakness/Resistance: 5 points. An unusual choice on Resistance, but it makes sense.
Attack: 30 points. A fun mechanic. A little new, but not too -- I've made cards myself with this one. And not too strong or too weak, either.
Rarity: 3 points. Simple, not too strong.
Explanations: 8 points. Looking ahead, are we? Always a good direction to be looking in.
Strategy: 8 points. I like the way you think.
Card score: 74 points.

Dragonair:
HP: 5 points. I almost took off, before I saw your explanation of the lowered HP.
Attack 1: 15 points. Nice. A healing attack with an interesting twist.
Attack 2: 15 points. Continuing the theme from Dratini, a type-changing, balanced attack. Nicely named, too.
Rarity: 3 points. This guy could possibly be an uncommon, but the rarity you chose seems to make more sense.
Card score: 75 points.

Dragonite:
Retreat Cost: 4 points. It may be a balancer, but it's a little too high, even so. I would have made it 2.
Pokemon Power: 8 points. A very creative idea, and well-worded, but it's a bit broken. Especially in E-on, where most decks are two-colored.
Attack: 15 points. I noticed that, in this case, the type stays changed. That could be important in a few situations.
Card score: 67 points.

Entry score: 72 points.
Very good, TheDeuce! A few very small mistakes kept you from getting a perfect score, but you still did very well.

bullados
10/03/2003, 04:53 PM
The first two Magikarp were both Uncommon (Base set Flail and Tackle, and Rocket set Tackle and Rapid Evolution). I'm not sure about the last few. Again, the rarity was based upon the original Magikarps, and how this one was much more powerful than those ones were.

dkates
10/03/2003, 05:55 PM
Ok. Thing is, my main beef was that we were talking about a basic with a Stage 1 -- a rather weak Basic, too. There just didn't seem to be enough there to justify making it a Rare. Truth to tell, though, it wouldn't have made a difference in your overall score.

dkates
10/08/2003, 01:56 PM
Time to get a little closer to finishing the judging on this thing!

CaptainObviousx1:
Articuno:
Picture: 3 points. You sure you weren't intending this to be Imakuni?'s Articuno?
Attack 1: 15 points. An Articuno with hand disruption -- interesting.
Attack 2: 10 points. Nothing wrong with the attack, per se, but two different attacks with hand disruption? That's a little much.
Strategy: 7 points. Very good, but you missed a few easy combos. For example, anything that can take advantage of cards being in the discard pile, like MP Mewtwo/Mewtwo ex or Feraligatr.
Card score: 69 points.

Entry score: 69 points.
Very good work, Captain! Making one of the attacks a little different would probably have clinched it for you!

dkates
10/08/2003, 02:21 PM
Only two entries left to grade, and here's one of them.

Pidgeotto Trainer:
Pidgey:
Attack 1: 12 points. The first part needs a slight reword, and you forgot to capitalize Pokemon. Interesting form of deck search, though.
Attack 2: 15 points. Nothing to say, really -- it's as simple as attacks get.
Card score: 72 points.

Pidgeotto:
Attack 1: 10 points. Nice attack, but the wording's a little clumsy.
Attack 2: 10 points. Again, interesting attack, but the wording's clumsy.
Card score: 65 points.

Pidgeot:
Pokemon Power: 13 points. Now that's fun. A coming into play Power that's like using a Super Scoop Up on your opponent. Watch your capitalization, though.
Attack: 13 points. A bit of a popular mechanic, but it makes sense. You only lost points because the sentence with the protection effect is worded a little clumsily. It's not too clumsy, though, so I only took off 2.
Strategy: 8 points. Very impressive!
Card score: 71 points.

Gee, there seem to be a lot of entries with this score! Seriously, though, good job, and I hope to see you in my next contest. The cards were all very good -- it was pretty minor things that burned you.

I think I'll be able to grade the last entry later today. If so, I'll also post the final placings.

Captain Obviousx1
10/08/2003, 06:15 PM
Actually, I was intending for it to be a promo card, but then I saw that promo cards weren't legal for this CAC. 69/75 is great for my first attempt though. ^_^

Pidgeotto Trainer
10/23/2003, 04:47 PM
Dkates, do you think you could do the final score and final standings so we can finally close the book on this contest?

dkates
10/23/2003, 05:45 PM
I completely forgot! Time to finish this. ShadowCacnea, finally, here are your scores:

ShadowCacnea:
Rhyhorn:
Picture: 0 points. You forgot!
HP: 4 points. You're right, most Rhyhorns have 60 HP. However, cards of a Pokemon that can damage themselves tend to have a little more HP than other cards of the same Pokemon. 70 would have been right for this one.
Retreat Cost: 4 points. If the HP had been higher, this would have gotten full credit, but a 3 Retreat on a Pokemon with 60 HP just doesn't make sense. SK Rhyhorn had 60 HP and a 2 Retreat, just to give an example.
Attack 1: 15 points. Interesting, and it seems balanced enough.
Attack 2: 14 points. The wording seems just a little off, but the attack itself seems balanced enough, and it makes sense.
Explanations: 8 points. Very good, and even a bit of extra stuff.
Strategy: 8 points. I almost took off for the reference to Wizards rules, before I thought to look at when you wrote this -- at that point, Wizards rules were still alive.
Total score: 69 points.

Rhydon:
Picture: 0 points. Can't give you points for something you didn't do.
HP: 4 points. It'd be fine, if it weren't for that Body. As is, though, 90 would have made more sense, even though this guy does do some self-damage.
Retreat Cost: 5 points. Would have been lower, if it weren't a balancer -- SK Rhydon had a 2.
Pokemon Power: 15 points. With the stats this card has, it becomes a little unbalanced. But the ability itself is balanced enough.
Attack: 12 points. This is one complicated attack! The Power makes the coin flip part a little confusing, but it's not too hard to figure out. Well, after looking closely at my source on proper costing, I've decided that I think this attack is a little bit too undercosted. Really, though, it's more that the attack's so complicated.
Total score: 68 points.

And with that, the judging is finally complete! My next post, which should be a little later tonight, will have the final standings.

dkates
10/23/2003, 05:58 PM
Well, I have them, at long last -- the final standings. Here are the top 10, including the 3-way tie for 3rd place:

1st place: TheDeuce, with 72 points.
2nd place: Carrington388, with 70 points.
3rd place: PidgeottoTrainer, with 69 points.
3rd place: ShadowCacnea, with 69 points.
3rd place: CaptainObviousx1, with 69 points.
6th place: SlimeyGrimey, with 67 points.
7th place: Bullados, with 66 points.
8th place: Tonu, with 65 points.
9th place: scizorulz87, with 64 points.
10th place: ShadowOfTyranitar, with 62 points.

As you can see, it was a close contest -- the top 10 were all in a 10-point range. Thanks to everyone for entering, and for being so patient with me. I hope to see everyone who entered in my next contest. Don't worry, next time, I'll actually be on time with the judging, I promise.