PDA

View Full Version : 2008-03-27 Palkia LvX - GE 106/106

PokePop
03/27/2008, 12:04 PM
http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=33274

B_B_C
03/27/2008, 12:16 PM
combo with mantine and empoleon or swampert it's a pretty freakin sweet card.

9/10.

BloodDraek
03/27/2008, 12:24 PM
I think it is definetly a good card, but because of its 3 energy retreat cost, restructure on the bench is dangerous. Yet, this is still a great card, almost got beat at states to my friend Sam playing a Swampert/Mantine/Palkia Lv.X deck.

8.5/10

AnimeDDR110
03/27/2008, 12:26 PM
Put into a Swampert/Mantine or Empoleon deck, and this crad is good to go.
its poke-power is okay.
But the 3 RC is risky to play.

8/10.

kristi
03/27/2008, 12:52 PM
This card is underrated. A double gust every turn is just good. I made it work in GG and Swampert.

9/10

tglilly
03/27/2008, 12:53 PM
This card is decent IMO. It combos well with Swampert and Empoleon. It's power is almost like a gust of wind if you combo it with Mantine.
I give it a 7/10.

ape101
03/27/2008, 01:31 PM
Best LvX in GE. Close to broken with mantine:thumb:

9/10

PokePockets
03/27/2008, 01:59 PM
This card is awesome. I think it is very underrated. Moving energy while doing 60 damage isn't bad, and it's Double Gust power is what everybody should be looking at on this card. Paired with Mantine, that 3 RC becomes almost nothing to you.

9/10

Azure Kite
03/27/2008, 02:02 PM
Really good card. Palkia, run with just the right water type can be incredibly broken. Its got a bad retreat cost, but great power and solid attack. Weakness is not a problem since theres not many (if any) lightning pokemon being massively used, except for maybe Electivire.

8.8/10

Pinsir52
03/27/2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, everybody's said it. Combo with mantine for a gust of wind. Rather nice card.

7/10ish

Muscovy Level X
03/27/2008, 03:13 PM
Good if you have an almost/all water deck with mantine. And just godly with Weavile SW and Moonlight stadium.
Switches work pretty well, too.

Chu51595
03/27/2008, 03:14 PM
Honestly, it's pretty good and underrated. However, it only combos well with Mantine and a water attacker. Also, if water gets popular(and it will after DP05 is released), then things like Electivire and Magnezone X will pwn this card. 8/10.

KAZUTO!!!
03/27/2008, 03:16 PM
Palkia Lv.X is an okay card. A GoW every turn is godly, but your opponent also gets that GoW effect. It's 3 RC is it's major falling point, if it had 2 I think more people would like this card. It combos with Manrtine, Empo, and Swampert nicely. Switch is nice with it too, and it is a useful tech in G&G.

7.5/10

PokePop
03/27/2008, 05:50 PM
Please reread the rules of this forum.
Members are to post their own review of the card, not comments on others' reviews, and certainly not arguments back and forth.

SLOW DECK
03/27/2008, 07:12 PM
As a "Solo" Card, it is trips over it self, literally. But if you pair it with Mantine, (Which I have), you have a Great Deck. The deck it self is rouge, and doesn't beat everything, but rouge enough that can beat people who don't know how to play against it. If you play against enough with GG, a good GG can beat it.

Thus as Grade with Mantine
9/10

poketo
03/27/2008, 07:31 PM
If you play a 2-2 and get both out your oppoenent will have a hard time defeating it but i might just be a tech for a magmortar deck

Don't know if it will do any other deck since i don't own a lot of the recent cards :frown:

rhodesia123
03/27/2008, 08:01 PM
i use palkia in my mantine/empoleon/pelipper deck. i beat magmortar but lose to everything else, so it sorta balances out.

10/10

spazcrackers
03/27/2008, 10:51 PM
7/10

i give this rating based on the fact that i've seen it work with mantine and gardevoir lv X. without the aid of those pokemon,switch,warp point this card fails in this metagame vs the top tier decks. personally i think GE will improve the scenario for this card but until then it's binder material unless you are basing your entire deck around it's power.

-spaz

Dennis Hawk
03/28/2008, 05:47 AM
There's so many possibilities to turn this card from Double Gust to Gust of Wind. And GOW is one of the best trainers ever.

- Mantine
- Warp Energy
- Ampharos d + Pelipper d (<- BDIF)
- Gardevoir Lv. X + Moonlight Stadium/Phoebe's
- Switch/Warp Point
- Weavile SW + Moonlight Stadium
- Holon WP + Psychic Energy (your other pokémon should have low to no retreat, though)

Even if you can't use any of those in your deck, Palkia can come in handy with Swampert (Come on, 60 without change to lose your energies and Double Gust) - not to mention Double Gust is pretty good by itself. Definitely one of the better Lv. Xs out there.

8˝/10

Tentacruel13
03/28/2008, 08:04 AM
Definetely one of the better and easier to get Lv.Xs out there. For $30 you can get two and 8 packs of cards. It combos well in any water deck and creates very well synergy.

Overall:8.5/10
But Magnezone Lv.X will get popular if this card is overused.

Broccili_ Boy
03/28/2008, 08:34 AM
I say 2nd best tech In the format (Next to dusknoir of course)
I play it in My G&G It works with 3 Swirch and A couple WP
Great card
9/10

Tentacruel13
03/28/2008, 09:00 AM
I say 2nd best tech In the format (Next to dusknoir of course)
I play it in My G&G It works with 3 Swirch and A couple WP
Great card
9/10

Good Point. Palkia X + Dusknoir + WPs might be a good tech for G&G.

Ricardo
03/28/2008, 09:46 AM
This Card Is pretty dang good with Blissey and Empoleon.

Steve=0
03/28/2008, 12:08 PM
Palkia lvlX

..is darn good..

HP/Weakness/Resistance/RC:
Very good Hp in 120. Acceptable Weakness. Little too high RC.

Pre-level:
Normal Palkia does not impress. Transback can be somewhat useful when your opponent have only 1 pokemon in game.

Restructrure:
A very good power when paired with water pokemon (swampert/empoleon/feraligatr) and mantine. You can then make a Gust of Wind every turn to choise your target. Its so many options with this..

Hydro Reflect:
This didn't suck too. With Swampert GE you can always save the energies from that incoming psychic cut. If Palkia lvlX survive that attack, you can repeat hydro reflect for "free".

Overall Palkia is awesome. His attack and power are both useful, and it has very good amoung of HP.
Best LvlX in GE indeed.

Modified: 9.0

Awesome

smacktack15
03/28/2008, 12:32 PM
This could be a G&G tech with the right build. 8.0/10.0

jconti2818
03/28/2008, 12:47 PM
I am one of only about 2 or 3 people in my NJ league (Time Warp Comics and Games) who has been using Palkia Level X and I think it is a good but not a great card. Its PokePower is wonderful but the problem is it takes so long to powerup and as a basic level X cannot benefit from most special energies like Scramble or DRE. Palkia would do better if it could be paired with a card which would allow it to have energies placed on it quicker (but not a stage 2 like Swampert or Blastoise). Also, its attacks are relatively weak (60 for three energies) and I have found this card only to be fantastic against fire decks and even then I wonder how much I am benefitting from Palkia versus Empoleon.

Overall, very fun to play but until it can be paired with stronger or more clever Pokemon other than Empoleon or Swampert, a little overrated.

Modified: 6.5 out of 10

P.S. Interesting how the other forum members praise this card but I would be curious as to how many actually play it.

John

Regis_Neo
03/28/2008, 03:46 PM
Ah, Empoleon's new buddy. Palkia Lv X does have some nice things going for him. 120 HP is useful, since Palkia Lv X is basically a Stage 1, but not a Stage 1 in that you have to "level up" (aka evolve) into him, X2 Weakness to Electric isn't bad considering electric decks are far and few, no Resistance, and a hefty Retreat Cost of 3. His Poke-Power, Restructure, is the main reason you'll be using him, as it acts essentially as a Double Gust of Wind, letting your opponent switch out your active for a benched in return for you doing the same. Hydro Reflect is overpriced at 3 Water Energy for 60 damage, but letting Palkia Lv X move his Water Energy to your benched Pokemon in any way you like is nice if you plan on using Restructure or sacrificing him next turn.

Modified - 7/10 (Has some useage, but overall limiting because it's annoying to get out)
Limited - 8/10 (A big Pokemon here with an ok attack)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here, GoW is infinately superior and easier to use, even Double GoW).

skarmory777
03/28/2008, 08:20 PM
4/10. Interesting power. Not much more to say about it. Sure with Mantine and palkia it's a free gust every turn but how long can that last? And psychic lock shuts it down. You can have your field totally set and then get screwed up because you can use the power and he's stuck out there. What attacker are you going to play with him anyway? Empoleon seems nice but he's sniper only, Unless you trap a claydol active and snipe the bench every turn(which he can do on his own anyway)It's not really worth playing palkia X.
4/10.
6/10 w/ empoleon and mantine.

Black Mamba
03/30/2008, 01:25 PM
PalkiaNoir is sweeeeeet. It's a good card with other things too, and my favorite Lv.X of its set.

9/10